PDA

View Full Version : Let's put Saturday to bed.

gbhibby
10-04-2022, 06:40 PM
Let's put the result and its implications to bed. Get behind the team for the rest of the season. We all have our feelings and opinions on what is wrong with the team and management
I have been a supporter for 56 years so have seen it all.
GGTTH

eastterrace
10-04-2022, 06:44 PM
Let's put the result and its implications to bed. Get behind the team for the rest of the season. We all have our feelings and opinions on what is wrong with the team and management
I have been a supporter for 56 years so have seen it all.
GGTTHyeh your right I’ve seen it all as well but it’s sure as hell wearing me down even after 58 years supporting hibs. I’m losing the enthusiasm to keep going to games now.

gbhibby
11-04-2022, 01:47 PM
yeh your right I’ve seen it all as well but it’s sure as hell wearing me down even after 58 years supporting hibs. I’m losing the enthusiasm to keep going to games now.

We all go through this but we turn up on game day. I feel the same,but a win on Saturday means deflation becomes elation. (glass half full )

Pagan Hibernia
11-04-2022, 06:56 PM
The only ones who can draw a line under Saturday are the players, and the only way they can do that is by giving us a performance we can be proud of this Saturday.

over to them. Let’s see if they have the stomach for it.

Libby Hibby
11-04-2022, 06:59 PM
Agreed, I feel the same way as I did before the 2016 Final…what’s to lose?

JamesHFC
11-04-2022, 07:28 PM
I’m trying to hold onto a positive mindset that the defeat will make the players want to win on Saturday even more. We can beat them, we were a clearance off the line away from doing so not that long ago. We beat The Rangers at Hampden, Celtic couldn’t beat us a few weeks ago. Hearts are nothing special, more relegations than trophies to their name in the last decade.

Diclonius
11-04-2022, 07:32 PM
I'll go in expecting the worst and hoping for the best.

I really can't see anything other than a comfortable win for them but we'll see.

Stuart93
11-04-2022, 07:51 PM
Why should we?

It’s the players who should be putting Saturday to bed. We were badly let down by them.

Glory Lurker
11-04-2022, 07:56 PM
Don't give the club ideas. Oh, you mean last Saturday....

HFC93
11-04-2022, 09:30 PM
The only thing we can do as supporters on Saturday is to get behind the team.

CMac1988
11-04-2022, 09:50 PM
I'll go in expecting the worst and hoping for the best.

I really can't see anything other than a comfortable win for them but we'll see.

Now that's a slogan! :greengrin

Hibernian - Persevere/d...
Hibernian - Time for Heroes?
Hibernian - Expect the worst, hope for the best!

flash
11-04-2022, 10:07 PM
Why should we?

It’s the players who should be putting Saturday to bed. We were badly let down by them.

Why wouldn't we? We are supporters.

Carheenlea
11-04-2022, 10:23 PM
Nobody who goes to Hampden on Saturday will be hoping Hibs lose or perform badly - the fans will do their bit as they can always be relied upon to do by giving the team encouragement and backing from the offset.

If the players are performing well they’ll be willed on to do even better, but if they give up the ghost like they did at Tynecastle then you can’t blame the supporters for losing patience with them and the manager.

Stuart93
11-04-2022, 10:24 PM
Why wouldn't we? We are supporters.

It shouldn’t always be blind faith though

Don’t think there’s any doubt we’ll be there supporting them on Saturday but disagree that Saturday should just be put to bed as if it didn’t happen.

Carheenlea
11-04-2022, 10:26 PM
It shouldn’t always be blind faith though

What are you suggesting the fans do?

NAE NOOKIE
11-04-2022, 10:27 PM
I agree.

After Saturday everything points to a comfortable passage for Hearts through to the final, but if that game has done anything it must surely have left our manager and players in absolutely no doubt as to the effort and level of play we must reach in order to beat them. The players have a chance a week down the line to put everything they did wrong on Saturday right, and how many times has every one of us heard players say they wish they could replay a game they have just lost, especially with a bad performance ... well we practically have a chance to do exactly that.

As fans, yes we are disappointed with the last few months and especially with Saturday's limp effort, yes if we are honest even before Saturday we didn't think Hibs were anything other than 2nd favourites in a two horse race and yes we know we will be heavily outnumbered in the stands next Saturday. All we can do as fans is to ensure 15,000 sounds like 50,000 and belt out any Hibs song we can think of, and that means every one of that 15,000 not a few die hards in the north stand. We have done that before with far less than 15,000 and we can do it again.

As the OP says, forget Saturday, it's done. Just get manager players and supporters giving everything on the day and then if we do lose at least we can say it wasn't for the lack of trying. GGTTH.

Oh and just to be clear ... none of that means I've changed my view of those so called Hibs 'supporters' who have ensured we cant even fill the 12,000 capacity east stand next Saturday, I don't give a rats arse how pissed off you are with the club or team just now, you should sodding well be there if you are any sort of supporter and don't have a genuine non footballing reason not to be. I basically hope your next jobby is a hedgehog and if we do defy the considerable odds and actually win I will take more pleasure in the fact you weren't there to see it than I will at the disappointment of the Hearts fans.

the_ginger_hibee
11-04-2022, 10:38 PM
I agree.

After Saturday everything points to a comfortable passage for Hearts through to the final, but if that game has done anything it must surely have left our manager and players in absolutely no doubt as to the effort and level of play we must reach in order to beat them. The players have a chance a week down the line to put everything they did wrong on Saturday right, and how many times has every one of us heard players say they wish they could replay a game they have just lost, especially with a bad performance ... well we practically have a chance to do exactly that.

Here's hoping but many said the exact same thing ahead of the Scottish Cup Final last year, after so many awful showings against St Johnstone.

Stuart93
11-04-2022, 10:39 PM
I agree.

As fans, yes we are disappointed with the last few months and especially with Saturday's limp effort, yes if we are honest even before Saturday we didn't think Hibs were anything other than 2nd favourites in a two horse race and yes we know we will be heavily outnumbered in the stands next Saturday. All we can do as fans is to ensure 15,000 sounds like 50,000 and belt out any Hibs song we can think of, and that means every one of that 15,000 not a few die hards in the north stand. We have done that before with far less than 15,000 and we can do it again.

As the OP says, forget Saturday, it's done. Just get manager players and supporters giving everything on the day and then if we do lose at least we can say it wasn't for the lack of trying. GGTTH.

I don’t think this hibs team have it in them. After Saturday I reckon this hibs team will be absolutely ****ting themselves now for hampden.

NAE NOOKIE
11-04-2022, 10:42 PM
I don’t think this hibs team have it in them. After Saturday I reckon this hibs team will be absolutely ****ting themselves now for hampden.

Then they have no guts. no pride and no business playing professional football .... if that is the case we should ship absolutely every single one of them out the door the second the season is over and the manager and his staff with them

Stuart93
11-04-2022, 10:45 PM
Then they have no guts. no pride and no business playing professional football .... if that is the case we should ship absolutely every single one of them out the door the second the season is over and the manager and his staff with them

I guess we’ll see how Saturday pans out but I’d be less surprised if we turned up n shat the bed

Unseen work
12-04-2022, 05:59 AM
This is sort of where I am now after being absolutely raging all weekend.

It was the best 25 minutes I’ve seen against Hearts in a while, especially away from home, followed by probably the worst 65-70 minutes I’ve seen.

Some of the posts/threads have been very good and some very poor imo which is always going to happen as people view it differently. I personally don’t buy into the fact that everything at the club is wrong and that Kensell and Gordon are as bad as some make out.

The players for one need to take a huge portion of the blame.

I personally can’t see Maloney being sacked as the club really seemed to be behind this project and everything thought it would take him a while to get things exactly how they want. Between him, Kean and our recruitment of our first and development team it’s clear what we want to do and I think they’ll have already tied down a couple of more experienced players for the summer.

I can’t see them changing now no matter what some fans think.

With that in mind I think we just all have to get behind the boys on Saturday.

:flag:

Since90+2
12-04-2022, 06:09 AM
This is sort of where I am now after being absolutely raging all weekend.

It was the best 25 minutes I’ve seen against Hearts, especially away from home, followed by probably the worst 65-70 minutes I’ve seen.

Some of the posts/threads have been very good and some very poor imo which is always going to happen as people view it differently. I personally don’t buy into the fact that everything at the club is wrong and that Kensell and Gordon are as bad as some make out.

The players for one need to take a huge portion of the blame.

I personally can’t see Maloney being sacked as the club really seemed to be behind this project and everything thought it would take him a while to get things exactly how they want. Between him, Kean and our recruitment of our first and development team it’s clear what we want to do and I think they’ll have already tied down a couple of more experienced players for the summer.

I can’t see them changing now no matter what some fans think.

With that in mind I think we just all have to get behind the boys on Saturday.

:flag:

The best 25 minutes you've seen us against Hearts? I'm guessing you mean this season? If not this 25 minute performance seems to be moving into legendary status based on nothing more than a lucky deflected goal and some decent high pressure.

We played reasonably well first 25 minutes, but let's remember outwith a deflection we never even got a shot on target.

Unseen work
12-04-2022, 06:52 AM
The best 25 minutes you've seen us against Hearts? I'm guessing you mean this season? If not this 25 minute performance seems to be moving into legendary status based on nothing more than a lucky deflected goal and some decent high pressure.

We played reasonably well first 25 minutes, but let's remember outwith a deflection we never even got a shot on target.

Apologies I missed a key part of the sentence, it should have said in a while!

I think that opening period was probably the best I’ve seen us against Hearts since the Boyle derby although there hasn’t been much competition at all!

Maybe it was the shock we were playing well that is exaggerating the performance in my mind :greengrin

But it was only a short period of a game so it’s nothing to get excited about!

Pagan Hibernia
12-04-2022, 07:23 AM
Apologies I missed a key part of the sentence, it should have said in a while!

I think that opening period was probably the best I’ve seen us against Hearts since the Boyle derby although there hasn’t been much competition at all!

Maybe it was the shock we were playing well that is exaggerating the performance in my mind :greengrin

But it was only a short period of a game so it’s nothing to get excited about!

it was a decent first 15 minutes, 25 is pushing it!

Some nice passing, looked comfortable, and had hearts panicking a couple of times. That’s about it

Since452
12-04-2022, 07:33 AM
If we don't show any reaction on Saturday then that is absolute proof that this experement has run it's course. Like other posters have said, the players and management should be under no illusions as to what is required now. Proffesional pride has to kick in. If we lose on Saturday as i expect us to do but we fight and scrap for the badge then i can accept it as just not being as good as the opposition. It happens. What i can't accept is giving up as we appeared to do at the weekend. Thats my worry with this group.

JimBHibees
12-04-2022, 08:32 AM

Dont think that happens. Bringing in Porto and Stevenson would raise that bar 100%.