Cadden Newell Stevenson

Jasper/Allan

Melkerson

1875STEVE
09-04-2022, 09:48 PM
Get the old heads in IMO.

3-5-2 when attacking
5-3-2 when defending

Wing backs for width, give Melkersen a partner.

Allan for creativity.

If Doidge is out shove an AM up beside Melkersen

Macey

Cadden Clarke Porto McGregor Stevenson

Newell Allan Doyle-Hayes

Doidge (if fit) Melkersen

Nicho87
09-04-2022, 10:14 PM
New board
New manager

Dabrowski

Clarke Porteous Hanlon Stevenson

Cadden Newell JDH

Jasper Melkerson Boyle

1875Sean
09-04-2022, 10:16 PM
New board
New manager

Dabrowski

Clarke Porteous Hanlon Stevenson

Cadden Newell JDH

Jasper Melkerson Boyle

If your bringing back Boyle may as well have super John McGinn too

Nicho87
09-04-2022, 10:17 PM
If your bringing back Boyle may as well have super John McGinn too

Maloney would pick Campbell ahead of him i reckon

NAE NOOKIE
09-04-2022, 10:29 PM
I'm at a loss to even begin to guess what team we will play next Saturday. Porteous is a no brainer and if the reports of Rocky today are anything to go by he will drop out.

Whatever the case all I know is that the XI we put out have to give absolutely everything, no passengers no wimps just 100% effort and commitment from the first whistle. That obviously excludes James Scott from even a seat on the bus, never mind a seat on the bench.

Maloney has had a chance to see two Hearts formations today, the one they started with that apparently saw Hibs have a good first 30 minutes and the one he changed to that Maloney had no answer to. He has to have a plan for both and if he can come up with that and get 100% out of every player then this might not be the done deal everybody thinks it is.

That's a best case scenario, so far Maloney has shown no sign of that sort of managerial inspiration or tactical knowledge.

sauzeelegod
09-04-2022, 10:38 PM

Dabrowski

Cadden
Porteous
Clarke
Doig

Henderson
JDH
Newell

Jasper
Melkersen
Mueller

Or

Dabrowski

Clarke
Porteous
Hanlon

Cadden
Henderson
JDH
Newell
Doig

Jasper
Melkersen

davym7062
09-04-2022, 10:46 PM
get rocky to *** get hanlon to ***, clarke porto lewy and cadden back 4

Ronniekirk
09-04-2022, 10:50 PM
I'm at a loss to even begin to guess what team we will play next Saturday. Porteous is a no brainer and if the reports of Rocky today are anything to go by he will drop out.

Whatever the case all I know is that the XI we put out have to give absolutely everything, no passengers no wimps just 100% effort and commitment from the first whistle. That obviously excludes James Scott from even a seat on the bus, never mind a seat on the bench.

Maloney has had a chance to see two Hearts formations today, the one they started with that apparently saw Hibs have a good first 30 minutes and the one he changed to that Maloney had no answer to. He has to have a plan for both and if he can come up with that and get 100% out of every player then this might not be the done deal everybody thinks it is.

That's a best case scenario, so far Maloney has shown no sign of that sort of managerial inspiration or tactical knowledge.

Sadly your last paragraph is it in a nutshell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shrekko
09-04-2022, 11:15 PM
There has to be a place in the team for Lewis and I’d really be tempted to use Darren McGregor as well - every bit of physicality we have had to be considered as Simms and Boyce just looked too strong and smart for us today.

Up front is the major major issue and I’m at a loss as to how we address it. The forwards used today are nowhere near good enough … or brave enough, to cause them many problems.

ErinGoBraghHFC
09-04-2022, 11:24 PM
Dabrowski
Clarke Porteous Hanlon Doig
Newell JDH
Jasper Mueller Henderson
Melkerson

4-2-3-1 and have a go at the *****, nothing to lose at this point

Sent from my Nokia 3.4 using Tapatalk

McGruber
10-04-2022, 01:03 AM
Manager: David Gray
Assistant: Darren McGregor

Dabrowski

Clarke
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Cadden
Newell
Doyle-Hayes
Doig

Doidge
Melkerson

Jasper, Henderson, Allan, Mueller options on the bench.

Porteous has to play, Stevenson has to play, Melkerson needs a strike partner, 4-3-3 in the bin for now

Campbell and Scott shouldn't be quoted. Their places should be for youngsters given we have no one else - Hague, O'Connor etc

Some lucky to play but no replacements.

HibeeMackenzie
10-04-2022, 01:33 AM
The under 18s with mcgregor Stevenson and Porteous. At least they’d fight for it

.Sean.
10-04-2022, 01:49 AM
Dabrowski

Clarke McGregor Porteous

Cadden Allan Newell Stevenson Doig

Jasper Melkerson

OldEast
10-04-2022, 03:13 AM
Dabrowski..better with ball at feet

Clarke..correct position
Porto..cos he's Porto
Hanlon..not ideal but fitter than Daz
Lewis..nobody better in this position

Cadden..best option here
JDH..better than Campbell
Newell..see JDH
Doig..see Cadden

Melkerson..needs a partner
Doidge..not ideal but will occupy defenders maybe giving Melkerson more space. If not fit then one of the laddies

Others including Bushiri, Jasper, Henderson, Mueller, Campbell, Scott, Allan I feel are currently not playing well enough to start against Hearts at Hampden.

JammyDoidger
10-04-2022, 07:00 AM
Any keeper they're both humpty

Clarke
Porto
Hanlon(unfortunately)
Stevenson

Henderson
JDH
Newell

Cadden
Melkersen
Jasper

Won't matter though as we still won't be anywhere near good enough. I'd actually be tempted to start Clarke upfront as he's about the only one that's got a bit about him.

AlbertK86
10-04-2022, 07:31 AM
Is Doidge injured or just completely out of favour

Pretty Boy
10-04-2022, 07:33 AM
Logan

Gray
Fontaine
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Fyvie
McGeouch
McGinn

Cummings
Stokes

If only......

Onceinawhile
10-04-2022, 07:55 AM
Is Doidge injured or just completely out of favour

Injured.

Callum_62
10-04-2022, 07:56 AM
Did macey do anything wrong yesterday?

Can't remember any bad errors?

He's also definately better with the ball at his feet than Dabrowski

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

SteveHFC
10-04-2022, 07:59 AM
Logan

Gray
Fontaine
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Fyvie
McGeouch
McGinn

Cummings
Stokes

If only......

Hendo, Keatings and Gunnarson to come on.

coldingham hibs
10-04-2022, 08:01 AM
A lot of line ups bringing in players who have barely kicked a ball and have done nothing when they have made fleeting appearances. No point playing them as we won’t get any more out of them than we currently get out of the wasters that would drop out. Porteous & Stevenson must start, that’s a no brainer.

I don’t know enough about the development squad but if there is a consistent full back then I might bring them in.

We need more drive from midfield so Cadden, Clarke & Doig would give us a bit more there.

Jasper & Melkerson probably a front 2 playing off each other.

Macey/Dabrowski

Development RB, Porteous, Hanlon, Stevenson

Cadden , Clarke, Newelll, Doig

Jasper, Melkerson

CL0762
10-04-2022, 08:02 AM
There has to be a place in the team for Lewis and I’d really be tempted to use Darren McGregor as well - every bit of physicality we have had to be considered as Simms and Boyce just looked too strong and smart for us today.

Up front is the major major issue and I’m at a loss as to how we address it. The forwards used today are nowhere near good enough … or brave enough, to cause them many problems.

I think McGregor is injured, I’d have had him in yesterday never mind next week. Would never have been bullied as easily as Hanlon was for their first goal.

Macey

Clarke
Porto
Lewy

Cadden
JDH
Newell
Doig

Mueller
Melkersen
Jasper

We’ve really not got any other options

J-C
10-04-2022, 08:03 AM
Dabrowski

Clarke
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson
Doig

Cadden
Newell

Mueller
Melkersen
Henderson

B.H.F.C
10-04-2022, 08:03 AM
Maloney mentioned that they were trying to get Doidge right for the semi final. He needs to do whatever it takes to make himself available.

We need to get him in the team, with Melkersen next to him, to at least give us a chance to get ourselves up the park.

If we just persist with the same shape, potentially changing a player here or there, we’re going to see exactly the same thing happening.

Libby Hibby
10-04-2022, 08:06 AM
Play people in their correct positions to start with.

Macey

Clarke
Porto
Hanlon

Cadden
JDH
Newell
Doig

Jasper
Melkersson
Mueller

hibee-boys
10-04-2022, 08:11 AM
Play people in their correct positions to start with.

Macey

Clarke
Porto
Hanlon

Cadden
JDH
Newell
Doig

Jasper
Melkersson
Mueller

I agree, Doig is a left back or wing back, nowhere near strong or experienced enough to be deployed as a centre back. Another Maloney brain fart yesterday🤷🏼

gegs70
10-04-2022, 08:15 AM
Our average goals per game is pretty poor. Celtic probably scored more in 1 game than we did in 10. How does he change that? Melkerson needs support put James Scott up from with him? Midfield has been weak too I would possibly use Stevenson in midfield. The commentator said that hearts were more direct any chance Shaun could change his system?

thebausburst
10-04-2022, 08:17 AM
Mueller and Rocky nowhere near next week’s teamsheet please, also try playing players in their best position, oh and two up top so we can have more than 1 shot on target.

B.H.F.C
10-04-2022, 08:19 AM
I agree, Doig is a left back or wing back, nowhere near strong or experienced enough to be deployed as a centre back. Another Maloney brain fart yesterday🤷🏼

No just yesterday, he’s been playing that position for weeks.

I really don’t get it. He played really well in Maloney’s first couple of games as a wing back. Then we go and sign another wing back to play there instead of him. That player gets injured and we end up playing someone else there (out of position). Crazy.

Nicho87
10-04-2022, 08:22 AM
No just yesterday, he’s been playing that position for weeks.

I really don’t get it. He played really well in Maloney’s first couple of games as a wing back. Then we go and sign another wing back to play there instead of him. That player gets injured and we end up playing someone else there (out of position). Crazy.

Bang on

Stevenson done fantastic in midfield and then no where to be seen

On sober thinking

I’d go

Dabrowski

Cadden Porto Clarke Doig

JDH Stevenson Newell

Jasper Allan

Melkerson

hibbyfraelibby
10-04-2022, 09:36 AM
Dabrowski

Porteous
Hanlon
Clarke
Stevenson

Cadden
Newell
Doyle-Hayes
Doig

Allan
Melkerson

Subs

Don't bother the manager hasn't a clue how to use them.

Macey out because his injury means we are having to have our defenders under pressure trying to play out from our 6 yard line from goal kicks

I don't want to see Scott as even a ballboy never mind a player

WestStandWillie
10-04-2022, 09:58 AM
Feeling so far removed from this squad of players, I don’t particularly care who plays.

We wouldn’t have meekly surrendered had Lewy started. So i’d start him. Clarke and Cadden also starters for me. Rest of squad, meh. SM can put names in a hat. Probably still play Campbell.

JohnMcM
10-04-2022, 11:17 AM
Head above the parapet time for me.

We can try to second guess the starting team, sub selections and formations as much as we want and it won’t matter a jot. I believe Maloney has his mind made up about who, where, when and how so firmly he can’t, won’t or doesn’t know how to change it.

Even given the horrible luck we’ve had with injuries, I’m reminded of the “rabbit caught in headlights” scenario when I see him on the touchline or tv.

It’s not yesterday’s result that’s brought me to this point, it’s the style of football he is demanding from players who appear at times to be ‘reluctant participants’ if not incapable of thinking for themselves on the pitch. The play is slow in build up, pretty much predictable in its shape and in its multiple passing side-to-side and backwards until a hopeful pass is made forward or possession is lost.

We’ve all no doubt seen good times, bad times and indifferent times on our varying lengths of journies following Hibs. This morning, for the first time ever I am of a determined mind to say ‘nothing more from me Hibs until things change for the better’.

Radium
10-04-2022, 11:39 AM

Either goalie but I think Dabrowski should get the shout, better distribution

Porteous
Hanlon
Doig

More space for driving with the ball at Hampden so Doig over Rocky

Cadden and Clarke wide.

Midfield three of JDH, Newall, Stevenson. Big space to cover and tackling boots required

Melkerson + 1.

Jaspers pass at Motherwell makes him a candidate but I would start with Doidge if he is over his ankle knock.

Hermit Crab
10-04-2022, 11:41 AM
A friend of mine in the pub post match yesterday said play Clarke up front next week because he's big, strong, quick and can hit a ball. I laughed at first but its really not a bad idea.

Brightside
10-04-2022, 11:44 AM
Doig is wasted at LCB. He must start at wing back next week. But I don’t see Maloney changing anything and they will probably blame the grass or the sun.

BS44
10-04-2022, 11:44 AM

Macey

Clarke
Porteous
Hanlon

Cadden
Stevenson
Newell
Doyle Hayes
Doig

Wright
Melkerson

Diclonius
10-04-2022, 11:45 AM
Macey

Cadden Clarke Porteous Hanlon Doig

Stevenson

Doyle-Hayes Newell

Jasper Melkersen

If Wright is fit stick him behind Melkersen in place of Jasper.

Mcbizz1998
10-04-2022, 11:48 AM
Did macey do anything wrong yesterday?

Can't remember any bad errors?

He's also definately better with the ball at his feet than Dabrowski

If that’s true then Dabrowski should give up.

Macey the worst distributor I have seen in goal for hibs in quite a while.

Ronniekirk
10-04-2022, 11:51 AM
Feeling so far removed from this squad of players, I don’t particularly care who plays.

We wouldn’t have meekly surrendered had Lewy started. So i’d start him. Clarke and Cadden also starters for me. Rest of squad, meh. SM can put names in a hat. Probably still play Campbell.

It’s not so long ago he was praising Stevenson and he was putting in man of the match performances now just dropped like a stone

FilipinoHibs
10-04-2022, 11:59 AM
If that’s true then Dabrowski should give up.

Macey the worst distributor I have seen in goal for hibs in quite a while.
Rocky the goalie distribution was far worse. Macey to take the crosses.

May21/05/16
10-04-2022, 01:22 PM
Macey
Clarke
Porto
Hanlon
Doig
Cadden
Jasper
Newel
Campbell
Stevenson
Mellkerson

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Real Emerald
10-04-2022, 01:32 PM
Campbell or Scott cannot be anywhere near the pitch next week, if they are then Maloney should be sacked immediately.

Hiber-nation
10-04-2022, 01:34 PM
A friend of mine in the pub post match yesterday said play Clarke up front next week because he's big, strong, quick and can hit a ball. I laughed at first but its really not a bad idea.

I like this suggestion. Play him further forward at least so we have an option to hold on to it. Lewis to start in midfield preferably. Doig left wing back. I'd even have Daz in if it's a choice between him and Rocky. Other than that I'm not fussy.

Macey

Porteous
McGregor
Hanlon

Cadden
JDH
Newell
Stevenson
Doig

Clarke

Melkerson

Key West
10-04-2022, 01:35 PM
Macey

Clarke
Porteous
Hanlon

Cadden
Doyle-Hayes
Newell
Doig

Henderson

Mueller
Melkerson

andrew70
10-04-2022, 02:17 PM
Macey

Clarke
Porteous
Doig

Cadden
JDH
Henderson
Newell
Stevenson

Mueller
Melkersen

If we had changed to 352 at 1-0 up yesterday, packed the midfield, won back control and we’d have won that game.

Mueller for me was hungry out of possession and doesn’t deserve the flak although he could do better on the ball and I think playing more centrally will help him and Melkersen.

Newell was our best player (alongside Doig) but JDH culpable unfortunately very little options in there if only we kept Hallberg.

We need the spine of our team back/signed and we are on a hiding to nothing but let’s compete and see where it takes us.

DavidDavidGray
10-04-2022, 02:29 PM
Macey

Cadden
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Clarke
JDH
Henderson/Wright
Newell
Jasper

Melkersen

451 out of possession and 4231 with it, Wright and Henderson only 2 fit midfield players who get beyond the midfielder with the ball and provide support for our attackers. Get Rocky out of the team and the extra man out of the defence and into the midfield so we actually have an outball.

Scotty Leither
10-04-2022, 02:33 PM
Macey

Clarke
Porteous
Doig

Cadden
JDH
Henderson
Newell
Stevenson

Mueller
Melkersen

If we had changed to 352 at 1-0 up yesterday, packed the midfield, won back control and we’d have won that game.

Mueller for me was hungry out of possession and doesn’t deserve the flak although he could do better on the ball and I think playing more centrally will help him and Melkersen.

Newell was our best player (alongside Doig) but JDH culpable unfortunately very little options in there if only we kept Hallberg.

We need the spine of our team back/signed and we are on a hiding to nothing but let’s compete and see where it takes us.

I'd go with the suggestion of Clarke up front, but I feel it won't happen for two mitigating factors:

The boy Bushri will surely be dropped for Porteous, so right side/left side of defence needs someone in there if Doig is playing in front of the defence at wing back.

The other reason is that Maloney simply will not shift from one up front, which leaves Melkerson fighting a battle with the two hairy-@rsed Hearts Centre Halfs.

I'd play an old fashioned 4-4-2 to try and win a one-off game, with Stevenson in at left back and Henderson nowhere the starting 11 either.

Depressing how limited our options are...

HendoDelivered
10-04-2022, 02:59 PM
Dabrowski

Clarke
Hanlon
Porto

Cadden
JDH
Stevenson
Newell
Doig

Doidge
Melkersen

Tully
11-04-2022, 07:04 AM

Clarke actually started his career as a centre forward

Turkish Green
11-04-2022, 07:40 AM
Much as Melkesen is a prospect for the future, he has no experience of playing in a full stadium like Hampden, in fact when they say he came from Bodo/Glimt he was actually with Bodo/Glimt 2 (the B side) but never played with them and was out on loan to Ranheim in Norwegian 2nd tier with home crowds of 200. Both him and Hauge were brought in for the development side.

Not someone that should be starting on Saturday, if there is a viable alternative. Doidge & Mueller?

Hermit Crab
11-04-2022, 07:53 AM
Much as Melkesen is a prospect for the future, he has no experience of playing in a full stadium like Hampden, in fact when they say he came from Bodo/Glimt he was actually with Bodo/Glimt 2 (the B side) but never played with them and was out on loan to Ranheim in Norwegian 2nd tier with home crowds of 200. Both him and Hauge were brought in for the development side.

Not someone that should be starting on Saturday, if there is a viable alternative. Doidge & Mueller?

He should be fine then as only one half of Hampden will be full.

keep the faith
11-04-2022, 08:00 AM
Scott Allan!

Green Cabbage 7
11-04-2022, 08:19 AM
4-3-3 for me

Flat back four (McKay was running into wing areas)

Macey

Cadden Mcgregor Porto Doig

JDH
Clarke Newel

Jasper Melkerson Mueller

Front 3 not playing a set position and interchanging all the time! Clarke in midfield for his athleticism, energy and drive.

Springbank
11-04-2022, 09:00 AM
Hurting bad today but got to think about
next week. A change of formation is a must
if we are to have any chance. GGTTH.

Macey

Clarke Rocky Porto Hanlon Doig

Cadden Newell Stevenson

Jasper/Allan

Melkerson

I think the midfield battle is important

Clarke Stevenson & Newell in there for me

Makes it

Macey/Dabrowski

Cadden
Rocky
Porteous
Doig

Jasper (rm)
Stevenson
Clarke
Newell
Hauge/Henderson (lm)

Melkerson

Heisenberg
11-04-2022, 09:07 AM
Doig is wasted at LCB. He must start at wing back next week. But I don’t see Maloney changing anything and they will probably blame the grass or the sun.

You forgot the “blame the previous regime” line that he seems quite happy to hide behind.

Bostonhibby
11-04-2022, 09:18 AM
I like this suggestion. Play him further forward at least so we have an option to hold on to it. Lewis to start in midfield preferably. Doig left wing back. I'd even have Daz in if it's a choice between him and Rocky. Other than that I'm not fussy.

Macey

Porteous
McGregor
Hanlon

Cadden
JDH
Newell
Stevenson
Doig

Clarke

MelkersonThis is as near to a line up that I like as I can get, I'd like to find a way to include Jasper, we need to get at them fast and on the ground, my recently dead goldfish as manager would work out that knocking the odd long ball at them when they are facing it, or punting into the box is meat and drink to that defence.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Gmack7
11-04-2022, 09:38 AM
This is as near to a line up that I like as I can get, I'd like to find a way to include Jasper, we need to get at them fast and on the ground, my recently dead goldfish as manager would work out that knocking the odd long ball at them when they are facing it, or punting into the box is meat and drink to that defence.

Sorry to hear about your goldfish, on another note I have no clue how we will line up,

Bostonhibby
11-04-2022, 09:41 AM
Sorry to hear about your goldfish, on another note I have no clue how we will line up,It's okay, I think my recently expired piscean pal could still do a job if called on.

It was him, or her, that sent the message from beyond the grave to suggest swapping McGregor for Bushiri.

overdrive
11-04-2022, 11:42 AM
Dabrowski

Clarke, Porteous, Hanlon

Cadden, JDH, Stevenson, Newell, Doig

Melkersson, Jasper

The fact that’s probably our best midfield is terrifying.

McGruber
11-04-2022, 11:52 AM
Dabrowski

Clarke, Porteous, Hanlon

Melkersson, Jasper

That probably is there or thereabouts our best bet. It's too lightweight upfront to work though and that's where the baw's burst.

Doidge has been a massive miss and by some accounts is being chased out the door. He has been poor since his comeback from injury/covid -obviously things not quite right but I'd play him regardless if he can make it - would bring Melkerson into the game

Skol
11-04-2022, 12:12 PM
Dabrowski

Clarke, Porteous, Hanlon

Melkersson, Jasper

I think I agree with that being probably as good an 11 as we could select from the likely available players.

If Doidge was available he may be a better option, albeit its not clear what is fitness status is.

If we had another option at the back we could even gamble with Porteous leading the line just to rummel them up a bit :-O

Gmack7
11-04-2022, 12:34 PM
Macey

Cadden
Porteous
Hanlon.

Clarke
JDH
Newall
Doig.

Hoff
Jasper
+1

Stubbsy90+2
11-04-2022, 01:02 PM
Macey

Clarke
Porteous
Hanlon

Cadden
Newell
Stevenson
Doig

Mueller
Melkersen
Allan/Jasper

JimBHibees
11-04-2022, 01:31 PM
He should be fine then as only one half of Hampden will be full.

:greengrin

S4uzee
11-04-2022, 02:57 PM
It simply cannot be 3-4-3

Does Maloney have it in him to change it, unfortunately not

darwenhibby
11-04-2022, 03:01 PM
Keeper ( either both same level but KD will be a better keeper)
Clarke Porteous Hanlon
Cadden JDH Stevenson Newall Doig
Melkerson Doidge

Worry Porteous will get targeted to be sent off
Lewis to put some bite in the midfield
Melkerson needs help so Doidge will at least occupy their centre half’s give Melkerson some space

JimBHibees
11-04-2022, 03:04 PM
It simply cannot be 3-4-3

Does Maloney have it in him to change it, unfortunately not

Don't care what system it is up to all the players to put a performance on not 20 mns 90 and please put on subs who will not make the team weaker.

Pretty Boy
11-04-2022, 03:06 PM
...............................Macey.............. ...........

.....Porteous.............Hanlon..........Stevenso n..

..Cadden........Newell......Doyle-Hayes....Doig..

..........................Clarke.................. ........

........Melkerson................Jasper........... ....

Clarke centrally just behind the strikers to add a bit physicality and height up top whilst also giving a bit dig to counteract whoever they start with sitting. Stevenson and Porteous into the back line to tighten it up and Doig back to LWB. Get Jasper running the channels and tell Melkerson just to play right on the last man.

flash
11-04-2022, 03:07 PM

Clarke centrally just behind the strikers to add a bit physicality and height up top whilst also giving a bit dig to counteract whoever they start with sitting. Stevenson and Porteous into the back line to tighten it up and Doig back to LWB. Get Jasper running the channels and tell Melkerson just to play right on the last man.
Other than replacing Jasper with Doidge, fitness permitting obviously, that's the team for me.

JimBHibees
11-04-2022, 03:18 PM

Yep that is kind of the line up I am coming round to. Need to utilise Clarkes athleticism and power centrally attacking if possible. Gives us decent speed wide who can also cover going back. Incredible imo we haven't played Cadden and Doig wide recently especially when Stevenson showing he can do a solid job there. Like the look of that team apart from up top but should be enough to support the forward players. Could do with jasper back to how good he was v Celtic and Motherwell. Would also consider Henderson if jasper not fully fit as think he improved our play in recent Dundee United game his passing going forward is good imo but flatters a little and some games can pass him by.

NorthNorfolkHFC
11-04-2022, 03:23 PM
No point hypothesising around other formations. He’s only played one formation despite abject performances. He’s not going to change now.

If Clarke and Cadden play, they’ll not change. Macey will play as well.

Rocky will likely drop out for Porto.

Jasper will probably replace Mueller.

Other than that, I don’t know what he will do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

NorthNorfolkHFC
11-04-2022, 03:33 PM
What I think?

Macey

Cadden Porto hanlon Doig Clarke
JDH Newell
Mueller Melkerson Jasper

What I’d like (with SM’s formation)

Macey

Cadden Clarke Porto Hanlon Doig
Newell Stevenson
Jasper Doidge Melkerson

What I’d like

Macey

Clarke Porto Hanlon Stevenson

Cadden Newell JDH Doig

Doidge & Jasper/Melkerson

LB & RB can just change when one goes.

MrRobot
11-04-2022, 03:47 PM
Has it been confirmed it Wright has been ruled out and how long it so?

JohnM1875
11-04-2022, 03:48 PM
Has it been confirmed it Wright has been ruled out and how long it so?

Oh how times have changed where we're hoping Wright is fit enough to start for us eh!

MrRobot
11-04-2022, 03:50 PM
Oh how times have changed where we're hoping Wright is fit enough to start for us eh!

Definitely, but he is somebody with the right attitude as he has clearly been trying and improving with each game, which can’t be said about others. Mueller, for example, should not be starting on saturday. Hopefully doidge is fit and stevenson has to be starting.

B.H.F.C
11-04-2022, 03:52 PM
He needs to mix it up a bit and just hope something lands for him. His comments after the game on Saturday were quite strong for him so we’ll surely see some changes.

Macey in goals.

Back three would be fairly straightforward for me, Porteous, Hanlon and Stevenson.

I’d have Clarke in the middle of the park. Probably with Newell and one other (not sure who).

Cadden and Doig as the wing backs.

Doidge and Melkersen up front. Think Doidge has looked generally terrible since he came back but he doesn’t need to run about a lot. Just play right up on their centre halves to try and make some space for Melkersen. If he’s totally unfit then play Jasper instead but make sure they’re an out and out two to try and give them something to think about.

JohnM1875
11-04-2022, 03:58 PM
Definitely, but he is somebody with the right attitude as he has clearly been trying and improving with each game, which can’t be said about others. Mueller, for example, should not be starting on saturday. Hopefully doidge is fit and stevenson has to be starting.

Wasn't disagreeing man, I hope Wright is fit and plays as well. Just crazy how relatively quickly things can change.

Smartie
11-04-2022, 04:18 PM
Dabrowski

Clarke, Porteous, Hanlon

Melkersson, Jasper

I think you’ve got it here.

There are imperfections, there’s plenty not to like, but I think it’s the best of what we have available.

And I’d probably keep Clarke’s physicality at the back and have Stevenson holding in midfield, although I don’t mind the variation on this line up that has Lewis at the back and Clarke in an advanced midfield role.

Billy Whizz
11-04-2022, 04:25 PM
Clarke and Doig need to play as high up the pitch as possible
Clarke is probably the only midfielder we can rely on for goals

JohnM1875
11-04-2022, 04:42 PM
Clarke and Doig need to play as high up the pitch as possible
Clarke is probably the only midfielder we can rely on for goals

Which worrying cause he isn't even a midfielder! Or hasn't been to date during his career should I say.

Does look more than able to play there though and agree he needs to be as high up as possible.

Billy Whizz
11-04-2022, 04:50 PM
Which worrying cause he isn't even a midfielder! Or hasn't been to date during his career should I say.

Does look more than able to play there though and agree he needs to be as high up as possible.

Think his best performances at County were as a wing back, or attacking full back

18Craig75
11-04-2022, 04:54 PM
……………….…...Macey

………Cadden . Porteous Hanlon

Clarke . .Stevenson … Newell .. Doig

….…………………Jasper

.……….. Doidge …….. Melkersen

Mcbizz1998
11-04-2022, 05:02 PM
I keep seeing differing comments on this so I’ll ask…

Is Doidge fit?

Mcbizz1998
11-04-2022, 05:02 PM

Yep - and it’s absolutely depressing.

Allant1981
11-04-2022, 05:28 PM
Dabrowski(will be macey though)
Clarke
Porteous
Hanlon
Cadden
JDH
Newell
Henderson or stevenson
Doig
Jasper
Melkersen

MrRobot
11-04-2022, 06:22 PM
Yep - and it’s absolutely depressing.

don’t think it’s depressing to see improvement in a player who has so far struggled to make an impact, quite the opposite :dunno:

Ronniekirk
11-04-2022, 06:23 PM
I keep seeing differing comments on this so I’ll ask…

Is Doidge fit?

No but they are working with him to see if he can be fit for the Semi final

Since90+2
11-04-2022, 06:27 PM
The fact we are discussing potentially playing Clarke in attacking midfield or even upfront just shows how desperate we are.

That's not a dig at those suggesting it, as I tend to agree he'd probably be a better option than most of the other squad.

Gmack7
11-04-2022, 06:56 PM
I don't think anyone has picked Rocky in their preferred team and with good reason, I've see absolutely nothing to suggest we should be offering him a contract

Tyler Durden
11-04-2022, 08:21 PM
My personal choice would be

Macey

Porto
Hanlon
Stevenson

Wright
Cadden (CM)
Clarke
Newell
Doig

Doidge
Melkersen

Surely even Maloney has grasped that we can’t play Rocky, we need Doig at LWB and Clarke in CM. And even a 60% fit Doidge must play.

All these things seem obvious to anyone who’s watched Hibs, but no doubt it’ll be the same crap we start with.

Callum_62
11-04-2022, 08:23 PM

Macey

Porto
Hanlon
Stevenson

Wright
Cadden (CM)
Clarke
Newell
Doig

Doidge
Melkersen

Surely even Maloney has grasped that we can’t play Rocky, we need Doig at LWB and Clarke in CM. And even a 60% fit Doidge must play.

All these things seem obvious to anyone who’s watched Hibs, but no doubt it’ll be the same crap we start with.Has Clarke played centre midfield ever?

Tyler Durden
11-04-2022, 08:35 PM
Has Clarke played centre midfield ever?

As a youth player before being converted into a defender at Arsenal apparently.

We’re in a desperate situation and we need some legs and aggression in midfield. Also a goal threat, all of which Clarke brings.

I really don’t want to see us line up with JDH starting on Saturday.

Tambo
11-04-2022, 08:35 PM
Dabrowski

McGregor
Porteous
Hanlon

Clarke
Newell
Allan
Lewis
Doig

Scott/Doidge
Melkersen

B.H.F.C
11-04-2022, 08:44 PM
As a youth player before being converted into a defender at Arsenal apparently.

We’re in a desperate situation and we need some legs and aggression in midfield. Also a goal threat, all of which Clarke brings.

I really don’t want to see us line up with JDH starting on Saturday.

Maloney needs to be creative for this game and just hope that he lands on something that works.

If he just plays the same shape and the same way, changing a few players here and there, the same things are going to happen.

He can’t just play one, isolated striker. He can’t play Rocky. He can’t play Doig in the back three. And he can’t play the same two in the middle of the park who have been generally pish and offer nothing going forward.

Clarke in the middle of the park seems fairly sensible to me, he has loads of attributes that would be useful. Whether or not he can actually play the role is a different story, but those playing it are totally ineffective anyway even if they have a few stats saying otherwise.

11-04-2022, 09:35 PM
E

Macey

Porto
Hanlon
Stevenson

Wright
Cadden (CM)
Clarke
Newell
Doig

Doidge
Melkersen

All these things seem obvious to anyone who’s watched Hibs, but no doubt it’ll be the same crap we start with.

This team for me. I have already said on another thread that I would like to see Clarke providing drive from centre mid in support of a front two and also having the ability to get beyond the front two when the occasion was right. I also said that it was an occasion for experienced players and that Stevenson and Doidge should certainly start. Only doubt for that team wobble Wright. Will he be fit in time?

JimBHibees
11-04-2022, 09:48 PM
Think his best performances at County were as a wing back, or attacking full back

He mentioned playing wing back. Needs to be on the right I think to get full effect but personally like the idea of an attacking mid to support forwards. Need his athleticism big time imo.

Greenbeard
12-04-2022, 10:13 AM
Maloney needs to be creative for this game and just hope that he lands on something that works.

If he just plays the same shape and the same way, changing a few players here and there, the same things are going to happen.

He can’t just play one, isolated striker. He can’t play Rocky. He can’t play Doig in the back three. And he can’t play the same two in the middle of the park who have been generally pish and offer nothing going forward.

Clarke in the middle of the park seems fairly sensible to me, he has loads of attributes that would be useful. Whether or not he can actually play the role is a different story, but those playing it are totally ineffective anyway even if they have a few stats saying otherwise.
He needs to be unpredictable and physical rather than thinking creative which to me given the "creative" players we have just means weak.
I'd venture to suggest we can only afford to play one of Melkersen, Jasper, Mueller, JDH, Wright, Henderson, Allan. We need to at least match, preferably better their physicality, and we ain't going to do that with more than one of the aforementioned lightweights on the park at any one time. Lewis in midfield for me. The rest based on whether they can get stuck right in about them and show some fight.
Given Doidge's lack of game time Porto could be the best option to partner Melky up front. Better than Scott for sure and would certainly set the cat amongst the pigeons.

angus hibby
12-04-2022, 10:27 AM
He needs to be unpredictable and physical rather than thinking creative which to me given the "creative" players we have just means weak.
I'd venture to suggest we can only afford to play one of Melkersen, Jasper, Mueller, JDH, Wright, Henderson, Allan. We need to at least match, preferably better their physicality, and we ain't going to do that with more than one of the aforementioned lightweights on the park at any one time. Lewis in midfield for me. The rest based on whether they can get stuck right in about them and show some fight.
Given Doidge's lack of game time Porto could be the best option to partner Melky up front. Better than Scott for sure and would certainly set the cat amongst the pigeons.

Porteous up front?? 😂😂. Maybe last 5 minutes if we need a goal but never in a million years is Ryan Porteous starting the game as a striker. Dearie me.

Stubbsy90+2
12-04-2022, 11:38 AM
Porteous up front?? 😂😂. Maybe last 5 minutes if we need a goal but never in a million years is Ryan Porteous starting the game as a striker. Dearie me.

I would love to see it purely to see the reaction on here :greengrin

eastterrace
12-04-2022, 11:57 AM
Porto up front WTF , I can’t believe I just read that.

Bostonhibby
12-04-2022, 12:00 PM
Porto up front WTF , I can’t believe I just read that.It would work if we could play the other Ryan Porteous in defence, no lying down there, spine right through the team etc, just like when we Showumni brothers were around[emoji6]

12-04-2022, 12:05 PM
J

SM certainly can’t hope to play same again but do it better. It simply won’t work. He needs to set the opposition a different set of problems and that means being more physical and direct in our style of play and putting players on the pitch capable of doing that and the suggested teams here at the moment would have a chance of achieving that.

RossScott1991
12-04-2022, 01:15 PM
Macey

Cadden (RWB)
Clarke
Porteous
Hanlon
Doig (LWB)

Stevenson
Newell
Henderson

Jasper
Melkersen

Option of Clarke in midfield and Stevenson playing left centre back also.

MKHIBEE
12-04-2022, 01:35 PM
Dabrowski

McGregor
Porteous
Hanlon

Clarke
Newell
Allan
Lewis
Doig

Scott/Doidge
Melkersen

I would like to see that line up, a bit of steel and creativity in midfield with Doidge creating space for Melkersen
No chance Maloney will play it though

BoomtownHibees
12-04-2022, 01:52 PM
Think this is something I would like to see:

Dabrowski

Cadden
Porto
Hanlon

Clarke
Newell
Stevenson
Henderson
Doig

Doidge
Melkerson

Mcbizz1998
12-04-2022, 01:56 PM

Dabrowski

Cadden
Porto
Hanlon

Clarke
Newell
Stevenson
Henderson
Doig

Doidge
Melkerson

I like this.

Since90+2
12-04-2022, 02:06 PM

Dabrowski

Cadden
Porto
Hanlon

Clarke
Newell
Stevenson
Henderson
Doig

Doidge
Melkerson

Has Cadden ever played that position? I'd be swapping him and Clarke.

JimBHibees
12-04-2022, 02:07 PM
Can't see Macey not playing

The Tubs
12-04-2022, 02:14 PM

So would I though Cadden had to play there against Motherwell in the cup and wasn't too lost.

I don't have a problem with Macey playing and I think 3 at the back with this kind of midfield is the best we can come up with.

B.H.F.C
12-04-2022, 02:17 PM

St Johnstone at home recently I think it was. Also, Dundee Utd at home he took Rocky off, moved Cadden in to the back three and Clarke over to the right.

BoomtownHibees
12-04-2022, 02:18 PM

He has a couple of times and done alright. You could swap them however I think Clarke would give us more playing out wide

Jamesconnolly
12-04-2022, 02:21 PM
Can an admin please change the spelling in the title.
It's doing my head in. No offence

Brightside
12-04-2022, 02:26 PM
I cant see him going for anything that different - which is worrying.

I'd rather see 451

Kev (Nothing between both keepers)

Cadden Porto Hanlon Stevenson

Clarke JDH Newell Doig
Jasper

Melk.

But i think the team will be pretty much the same as the weekend.

GreenNWhiteArmy
12-04-2022, 02:35 PM
This has the 0-4 semi written all over with Porto seeing red - it's certainly the first time in 8 years where i've felt the team wont be up for the battle in a derby

i hope I'm wrong but i don't see anyone that can get torn in to them in the middle of the park. Once Haring and Devlin/Halliday inevitably take control they'll get it in to Mckay to run riot.

So how do we combat that?

Newell/Doyle seemed to fair well against them at ER but on saturday were non existent. Melkersen will get dominated (again) if we dont get players in and around him. Will Drey Wright be fit?

Hearts had a lot of joy down their left, so maybe bring Clarke to RWB? and Get Doig pushed forward to LWB with Lewy filling in at LCB

Genuinely struggling to pick a team to compete.

Wow, i'd always consider myself to be more of an optimist but reading this back its depressing how negative i've become but i just cant get enthusiastic after saturday's preformance

Right lets go for a ball over the top and a red card for Gordon bringing down Melkersen and pen hibs in the first five mins

SteveHFC
12-04-2022, 02:39 PM
Dabrowski

Clarke Hanlon Porteous

Cadden Newell JDH Allan Doig

Melkersen Doidge

jeffers
12-04-2022, 02:40 PM
I’d go with Brightside’s team, Clarke and Cadden could swap. But like him I don’t expect Maloney to do much different from the last game and seem surprised when we have a similar result.

MrRobot
12-04-2022, 03:19 PM

agree with this, it’s not a game for trying somebody out at centre back

BoomtownHibees
12-04-2022, 03:36 PM
agree with this, it’s not a game for trying somebody out at centre back

But he’s played there this season already. More than once

beensaidbefore
12-04-2022, 05:15 PM
Macey

Cadden (RWB)
Clarke
Porteous
Hanlon
Doig (LWB)

Stevenson
Newell
Henderson

Jasper
Melkersen

Option of Clarke in midfield and Stevenson playing left centre back also.

I'd like us to go with this, maybe Doidge instead of either front 2 and get him to go hell for leather first 45, hook him early second half if he's knackered.

Jones28
12-04-2022, 05:23 PM

Porteous up front. Jesus we are scraping the barrel now.

Since90+2
12-04-2022, 05:29 PM
Porteous up front. Jesus we are scraping the barrel now.

Even if he had shown signs of being able to play there previously, which he clearly hasn't, he's our most important defender and we need him at the back so agree it's a baffling suggestion.

Since90+2
12-04-2022, 05:32 PM
Hearts are definitely favourites, that's fairly obvious.

I would caveat that slightly by saying Porteous coming back will improve the side a decent margin, and if we can get Doidge fit enough to even be an option from the bench then that's another plus.

If you put a gun to my head I'd say Hearts will win, but it wouldn't be a massively huge shock it we did get a result.

lucky
12-04-2022, 06:51 PM

If Maloney played Clark in the number 10 role this board will explode. He’s better playing players in their natural positions and that includes Porto at CH

gbhibby
13-04-2022, 01:07 AM
https://twitter.com/Stephen4_2/status/1513784336880971777?t=9iokxjVX6iDj6C_FxroXTA&s=19

Should take care of them on Saturday. Can anyone name all of them from memory.

Sent from my SM-A127F using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
13-04-2022, 04:22 AM

How will Melkersen gain this ex, unless we play him?

Pretty ridiculous reason. He should be playing

angus hibby
13-04-2022, 03:46 PM
Macey

Clarke
Porteous
Hanlon

Cadden
Doyle-Hayes
Newell
Stevenson
Doig

Wright
Melkerson

Only good thing about last week is Neilson won’t have any idea what our shape/line up will be for this week. If we’d won last week with an excellent performance, he’d be fairly certain we’d play same team and shape.

Clarke/Hanlon to have licence to get forward and join attacks, overlapping/underlapping wing backs.

Sioux
13-04-2022, 06:06 PM
https://twitter.com/Stephen4_2/status/1513784336880971777?t=9iokxjVX6iDj6C_FxroXTA&s=19

Should take care of them on Saturday. Can anyone name all of them from memory.

Sent from my SM-A127F using Tapatalk

L - R
Back row:

?? Fraser Davis Wilson Stanton McNamee Baxter

Front row:

Scott Hamilton Quinn Martin Cormack ?? Stevenson

Best I can do from memory.

gbhibby
13-04-2022, 06:14 PM
L - R
Back row:

Front row:

Those were the two I got stuck on. BILLYHIBS will know. I thought the other in the back row may have been John Grant.

JohnMcM
13-04-2022, 06:20 PM
Those were the two I got stuck on. BILLYHIBS will know. I thought the other in the back row may have been John Grant.

Bobby Duncan?

Hiber-nation
13-04-2022, 07:01 PM
Bobby Duncan?

And John Parke in the front row 2nd from right?

blackpoolhibs
13-04-2022, 07:32 PM
I don't think anyone has picked Rocky in their preferred team and with good reason, I've see absolutely nothing to suggest we should be offering him a contract
:agree: A centre half that does not win many headers, and like Bambi when on the ball. Yes he's young, but he's got to show much more than what he has so far, in fact he will probably be remembered more for him punting the ball into the north sea than any football achievement.

Tambo
13-04-2022, 08:04 PM
How often do you get the chance to make it up to the fans for a poor derby performance the next week?

Mon Hibs let's fight for the badge for 90 Saturday.

bournehibby
13-04-2022, 08:22 PM
L - R
Back row:

Front row:

Billy Simpson and Stan Vincent (IIRC)
bh

Stuart93
13-04-2022, 08:23 PM
How often do you get the chance to make it up to the fans for a poor derby performance the next week?

Mon Hibs let's fight for the badge for 90 Saturday.

How often do they get the chance to pump us twice in a week? One of them at hampden

I reckon it’ll depend more on how they play than how we play unfortunately

ancient hibee
13-04-2022, 10:11 PM
Billy Simpson and Stan Vincent (IIRC)
bh

:top marks

basehibby
13-04-2022, 10:41 PM
Macey

Clarke
Porteous
Hanlon

Cadden
Doyle-Hayes
Newell
Stevenson
Doig

Wright
Melkerson

Only good thing about last week is Neilson won’t have any idea what our shape/line up will be for this week. If we’d won last week with an excellent performance, he’d be fairly certain we’d play same team and shape.

Clarke/Hanlon to have licence to get forward and join attacks, overlapping/underlapping wing backs.

I'm liking the look of this team - strong in defence and strong runners down the flanks in Cadden & Doig. I'd like to see Doidge or Jasper start up front with Melkerson though. I thought Wright was injured anyway :confused:

NorthNorfolkHFC
13-04-2022, 10:53 PM
Macey

Clarke
Porteous
Hanlon

Cadden
Doyle-Hayes
Newell
Stevenson
Doig

Wright
Melkerson

This would be my team as well.

Problem is that Wright went off with a hammy injury so unlikely.

Your point re Neilskn stands but Maloney will play the same formation this week again. So it’ll be a formality.

The Tubs
14-04-2022, 10:03 AM
I've changed my mind and would play the same team as last week except for Jasper for Wright, Porteous for Rocky and Stevenson for Doyle-Hayes. I'd also play Clarke as a centre half and put Doig at wing-back.

I thought we started well last week by pestering their centre halves on the ball. I'd start by doing the same thing and keep doing it if we score. If we play an off-form/not sharp Doidge, we're playing into their defence's hands.

angus hibby
14-04-2022, 10:28 AM
I'm liking the look of this team - strong in defence and strong runners down the flanks in Cadden & Doig. I'd like to see Doidge or Jasper start up front with Melkerson though. I thought Wright was injured anyway :confused:

Yeah, wasn’t sure if Wright ruled out. If he is, I’d probably start Jasper to support Melkersen. Has a bit of unpredictability about him.

J-C
14-04-2022, 10:57 AM
Dabrowski

Clarke
Porteous
Hanlon

Cadden
Stevenson
Newell
Doig

Henderson
Jasper

Melkerson

Onceinawhile
14-04-2022, 02:41 PM
Macey

Cadden
Porto
Hanlon

Clarke
Newell
Jdh
Doig

Jasper
Campbell

Melkerson

Keep Campbell away from making an arse of things at the back and get him using his work rate to pressure their midfield two or three.

number9dream
14-04-2022, 03:41 PM
Reinstate Porto, Clarke & Doig as wing-backs, Newell in central midfield...
After that, it's hard to see how we improve on the misery of the past six months.
There's no goals in the team, so maybe a stodgy defensive approach is our only realistic chance.

Diclonius
14-04-2022, 03:56 PM
Wright, Doig and Bushiri all doubts apparently. With this in mind would prob change team to:

Macey

Cadden Clarke Porteous Hanlon Stevenson

Henderson Doyle-Hayes Newell

Jasper Melkersen

Inconsequential
14-04-2022, 04:03 PM
Can an admin please change the spelling in the title.
It's doing my head in. No offence You have absolutely no right to request that. It is the digital age. Correct spelling and grammar no longer required. Teachers must be pulling their hair out. :wink:

14-04-2022, 04:42 PM
Wright, Doig and Bushiri all doubts apparently. With this in mind would prob change team to:

Macey

Jasper Melkersen

SM has just uttered the words I didn’t want to hear. We plan to do the same thing as last weeks first 30 minutes but for longer and better

wookie70
14-04-2022, 05:02 PM
SM has just uttered the words I didn’t want to hear. We plan to do the same thing as last weeks first 30 minutes but for longer and better
Is he going to ask Robbie if Hearts could play the same way as they did for the half hour last week. That would be nice of them but I suspect they will play the way they played for the last hour of the game where they were by far the better team. Even when we were having our good spell they could easily have scored one or two. I've not heard the interview and the full text of what he said but that is a very naïve statement. Hearts will think its Christmas

Gmack7
14-04-2022, 05:37 PM

Macey

Jasper Melkersen

Haven't seen these injuries reported, apart from wright

B.H.F.C
14-04-2022, 05:38 PM
Haven't seen these injuries reported, apart from wright

Mentioned on official site.

14-04-2022, 05:47 PM
Is he going to ask Robbie if Hearts could play the same way as they did for the half hour last week. That would be nice of them but I suspect they will play the way they played for the last hour of the game where they were by far the better team. Even when we were having our good spell they could easily have scored one or two. I've not heard the interview and the full text of what he said but that is a very naïve statement. Hearts will think its Christmas

I hope it’s a bluff but I don’t think so.

J-C
14-04-2022, 06:22 PM

He's not really wrong though is he?
The goals either side of half time were preventable, it was the way the team capitulated that was the biggest worry, need to stay strong the full 90mins.

14-04-2022, 06:30 PM
He's not really wrong though is he?
The goals either side of half time were preventable, it was the way the team capitulated that was the biggest worry, need to stay strong the full 90mins.

When Wright went off Neilson changed tactics and SM had no answer to it so to me it looks like he will be able to counter SMS tactics and what will SM do then.

oneone73
14-04-2022, 06:34 PM
When Wright went off Neilson changed tactics and SM had no answer to it so to me it looks like he will be able to counter SMS tactics and what will SM do then.

Curious, what did Neilson do?

B.H.F.C
14-04-2022, 06:37 PM

I never really noticed them change anything. To me, just looked like our players stopped doing what they were doing and theirs started doing what they were meant to be. And Bringing on Campbell effectively had us down to 10 men.

PH91
14-04-2022, 06:42 PM
I would go 4231 but maloney wont so if sticking to a back 3 i'd go
Macey
Porto Hanlon Stevenson
Clarke Newell JDH Doig
Jasper
Melkersen Doidge

Jasper to roam and try to get on the ball, he is really the only creative player we have. Doidge will help Melkersen up there, whether fully fit or not.

Oranje39
14-04-2022, 06:54 PM
I never really noticed them change anything. To me, just looked like our players stopped doing what they were doing and theirs started doing what they were meant to be. And Bringing on Campbell effectively had us down to 10 men.

I would agree with that, Campbell needs to be given time away from the first team. Why is he is even a consideration for the first team?

IberianHibernian
14-04-2022, 07:03 PM
I would agree with that, Campbell needs to be given time away from the first team. Why is he is even a consideration for the first team?Like half a dozen ( at least ) others in the squad , SM has had no choice but to play him because of terrible injury list .

B.H.F.C
14-04-2022, 07:14 PM
Like half a dozen ( at least ) others in the squad , SM has had no choice but to play him because of terrible injury list .

He had multiple choices last week and chose to bring him on. It was a terrible decision.

Skol
14-04-2022, 07:30 PM
I assume we go 3-4-3 as that’s what maloney does, so I would go

Dabrowski

Clarke Porteous Hanlon

Cadden, Doyle Hayes, Newell, Doig

Allan Melkerson Jasper

I suspect I will be wrong about Allan but we need a player who is proven to create goal scoring opportunities. I hope jasper will also turn out to be that player, but I have my doubt. He is the best of the options available.

Skol
14-04-2022, 07:32 PM
Scary thing is that even if we have a fully fit squad it’s not clear how many changes would exist

Nisbet in with Allan out

Magennis for JDH and possibly Mitchell over doig.

B.H.F.C
14-04-2022, 07:47 PM
I assume we go 3-4-3 as that’s what maloney does, so I would go

Dabrowski

Clarke Porteous Hanlon

Cadden, Doyle Hayes, Newell, Doig

Allan Melkerson Jasper

I suspect I will be wrong about Allan but we need a player who is proven to create goal scoring opportunities. I hope jasper will also turn out to be that player, but I have my doubt. He is the best of the options available.

I think it’ll be Henderson instead of Allan in the team you list.

I’d also be very surprised if Stevenson doesn’t play.

Skol
14-04-2022, 07:51 PM
I think it’ll be Henderson instead of Allan in the team you list.

I’d also be very surprised if Stevenson doesn’t play.

You are probably right about Henderson but I would rather have a half effective Scott Allan.

It’s hard to see where Stevenson would fit In although instead of JDH might be an option.

IberianHibernian
14-04-2022, 07:52 PM
Scary thing is that even if we have a fully fit squad it’s not clear how many changes would exist

Nisbet in with Allan out

Magennis for JDH and possibly Mitchell over doig.Every team gets injuries , but a Hibs team with fully fit Nesbit , Doidge , Mitchell , McGennis and McGinn available plus others like Hanlon and Newell who`ve come back after a long period out fitter would be far from a vintage Hibs team but would certainly be challenging for 3rd . Even with all these injuries , we`d be 4th now if Melkerson hadn`t missed late chance v Dundee U or penalty had been given for tackle on Mueller in same game .

B.H.F.C
14-04-2022, 07:58 PM
You are probably right about Henderson but I would rather have a half effective Scott Allan.

It’s hard to see where Stevenson would fit In although instead of JDH might be an option.

Agree on Allan/Henderson.

I just think he’ll want Stevenson in one way or another, after the lack of commitment we saw last week from some.

With Doig struggling I could see him in for him. A back three of Porteous, Hanlon and Stevenson wouldn’t surprise me. I think he’ll persist with Clarke on the left.

Skol
14-04-2022, 08:29 PM
I actually think Murphy would fit well into a maloney team

Had his critics and had a history of injuries, but was a capable player.

I think maloney made mistakes in some of the players he let go. Granted Murphy, hallberg, McKay and tait may not long term fit in, but sure as hell the could have helped us out right now.

J-C
14-04-2022, 08:30 PM
I would agree with that, Campbell needs to be given time away from the first team. Why is he is even a consideration for the first team?

Because we have no one else except Allan who seems miles away from playing, not used by Ross and now Maloney.

LaMotta
14-04-2022, 08:46 PM
Because we have no one else except Allan who seems miles away from playing, not used by Ross and now Maloney.

People need to stop the myth that Allan is miles away from playing. He had 5 assists and a goal pre Xmas. By way of comparison that's half the amount of goals and assists as the much praised Barrie Mckay has this season, but Allan has only played A QUARTER of the number of minutes McKay has.

The only reason Allan hasn't been featuring is because Maloney doesn't fancy him. If he wasn't fit enough to feature, he wouldn't be on the bench.

As someone else above said, Maloney had a number of options before bringing Campbell on - Stevenson was the obvious one. He also had options in the January window not to let Hallberg and Gogic go. All these guys are a far better option than Campbell unfortunately.

sauzeelegod
14-04-2022, 11:16 PM
Macey

Clarke
Porto
Hanlon

Newell
Stevenson

Cadden
Henderson
Jasper
Doig

Melkersen

J-C
15-04-2022, 05:55 AM
People need to stop the myth that Allan is miles away from playing. He had 5 assists and a goal pre Xmas. By way of comparison that's half the amount of goals and assists as the much praised Barrie Mckay has this season, but Allan has only played A QUARTER of the number of minutes McKay has.

The only reason Allan hasn't been featuring is because Maloney doesn't fancy him. If he wasn't fit enough to feature, he wouldn't be on the bench.

As someone else above said, Maloney had a number of options before bringing Campbell on - Stevenson was the obvious one. He also had options in the January window not to let Hallberg and Gogic go. All these guys are a far better option than Campbell unfortunately.

Why does he not fancy him and Ross prior to that, he had health issues recently and hasn't looked fit the last time he played, we have to accept that Allan's time at Hibs is up and his level is probably Championship now, great player on his day but his day is long gone.

Tambo
15-04-2022, 08:25 PM
I like that most people would have Lewis in Midfield.

Come on Maloney it makes sense.

LunasBoots
15-04-2022, 08:50 PM
I like that most people would have Lewis in Midfield.

Come on Maloney it makes sense.

We need something different that's all it is, currently our current midfield sits far to deep for the majority of matches we need someone with a bit of drive and belief moving that midfield into better areas.

bruno
15-04-2022, 09:16 PM

He pushed Boyce further up and gave Mackay a free role rather than wide
His movement allowed Haring and Halliday to find their passes as they’d struggled first 20-25 minutes
Once started moving ball this opened space up for full backs to attack and both Cochrane and especially Atkinson were less stifled
We often switch from a back 3 to a back four when defending with one 3!centre half’s dropping to full back and the opposite wing back reverting to full back to create a flat back 4.
Kingsley in particular very comfortable centre half wing back or full back
Sibbick at moment is our weak link so I think Devlin will play tomorrow

#2 Double Tap
15-04-2022, 09:26 PM
ltyf

LunasBoots
15-04-2022, 09:42 PM
Macey

Clarke
Porto
Hanlon

Newell
Stevenson

Cadden
Henderson
Jasper
Doig

Melkersen

Some rumours Doig is out.

Ronniekirk
15-04-2022, 09:57 PM
Some rumours Doig is out.

Maloney been flagging this up for past day saying he would make a late decision so wouldn’t be surprised but will wait till team announced

IberianHibernian
15-04-2022, 10:02 PM

As someone else above said, Maloney had a number of options before bringing Campbell on - Stevenson was the obvious one. He also had options in the January window not to let Hallberg and Gogic go. All these guys are a far better option than Campbell unfortunately.I think Gogic and Halberg departures were probably decided before Maloney joined us . Everyone knows the Scott Allan of a few years ago would walk into even a strong Hibs team but unfortunately there`s nothing despite your stats to suggest he`d make an impact now . Good option if we`re a goal down with 10 minutes to go maybe but definitely not in starting team . As for Campbell someone said there were lots of options but didn`t say what they were . When Wright got injured we were winning and in with a chance of getting a second . Unfortunately there wasn`t a better attacking option than Campbell at the time .

sunshinejim
15-04-2022, 10:46 PM
I'm unsure of the starting eleven and hope that Shaun can select a side that can overcome the bad guys. Lets hope he's learned from last weeks frailties and that Hampden changes our fortune rather than the tight dump that is Gorgie. Its in the lap of the Gods and I'm hoping upon hope that the Gods are blessing us with all their might. Mon Hibs.

BoomtownHibees
16-04-2022, 06:26 AM
I think Gogic and Halberg departures were probably decided before Maloney joined us . Everyone knows the Scott Allan of a few years ago would walk into even a strong Hibs team but unfortunately there`s nothing despite your stats to suggest he`d make an impact now . Good option if we`re a goal down with 10 minutes to go maybe but definitely not in starting team . As for Campbell someone said there were lots of options but didn`t say what they were . When Wright got injured we were winning and in with a chance of getting a second . Unfortunately there wasn`t a better attacking option than Campbell at the time .

Surely Jasper or Henderson would have been a better option?

McGruber
16-04-2022, 06:43 AM
I think Gogic and Halberg departures were probably decided before Maloney joined us . Everyone knows the Scott Allan of a few years ago would walk into even a strong Hibs team but unfortunately there`s nothing despite your stats to suggest he`d make an impact now . Good option if we`re a goal down with 10 minutes to go maybe but definitely not in starting team . As for Campbell someone said there were lots of options but didn`t say what they were . When Wright got injured we were winning and in with a chance of getting a second . Unfortunately there wasn`t a better attacking option than Campbell at the time .

Henderson is an attacking midfielder Maloney signed in January!

LaMotta
16-04-2022, 07:02 AM
Why does he not fancy him and Ross prior to that, he had health issues recently and hasn't looked fit the last time he played, we have to accept that Allan's time at Hibs is up and his level is probably Championship now, great player on his day but his day is long gone.

Ross fancied him enough to play him so he could get 5 goals and an assist this season. Maloney? Appears to be a terrible judge of a player so far.

You might not think his level is good enough, but his level this season has been WAY better than every other attacking option available for selection right now.

I'll never accept that he shouldnt have been used more than he has given how poor we have been and the brutal options playing ahead of him.

hibbydog
16-04-2022, 07:04 AM
Ross fancied him enough to play him so he could get 5 goals and an assist this season. Maloney? Appears to be a terrible judge of a player so far.

You might not think his level is good enough, but his level this season has been WAY better than every other attacking option available for selection right now.

I'll never accept that he shouldnt have been used more than he has given how poor we have been and the brutal options playing ahead of him.

Yes and no.

He has technique and skill above everyone else. And I’m always call it for him to start games. But when he does, he’s miles off the pace and doesn’t get a look in.

Time for goodbye I’m afraid.

LaMotta
16-04-2022, 07:07 AM

Nothing apart from actual facts that he can help us score goals, the primary object of football? Ok then.

We were winning 1 nil. Stevenson would have been the best option. Instead he brought on Campbell and moaned his team were too young. Campbell is not a good attacking option btw anyway.

Allant1981
16-04-2022, 10:00 AM
Mcginn starts

Ronniekirk
16-04-2022, 10:15 AM
Mcginn starts

Big gamble and surely won’t last full game But Newell played well v Motherwell on his comeback

allyh1bs
16-04-2022, 10:18 AM
That team surely constitutes Maloney’s P45. Defies belief.

mcfly
16-04-2022, 10:20 AM
This team strikes of utter desperation from a manager who doesn’t know his best 11.

Hopeful at best - this could either be a maloney masterclass or his final game.

Struggling to see where the goals come from

Stubbsy90+2
16-04-2022, 10:26 AM
People wanted changes. Now they’ve got them he’s getting slaughtered 😂

**** the Hearts. Mon the Hibs.

Callum_62
16-04-2022, 10:30 AM
People wanted changes. Now they’ve got them he’s getting slaughtered [emoji23]

**** the Hearts. Mon the Hibs.Eacatky this

All. I'm reading is DISGRACE! JOKE! Etc etc

I'm yet to see much in the way of sensible alternatives

I mentioned it elsewhere but Jack Ross still gets slaughter for doing the same thing against St Johnstone

We've made 5 changes from last week (some enforced) but seem to have tried to get as much physicality in there as we can (and granted that isn't alot) as well as getting players in there that know what the game and tie means

We. Changed out a striker who failed to give us any respite last week for someone who atleast has some stature. That might not work but with Doidge and Nisbet out what other choices do we have?

easty
16-04-2022, 10:34 AM
People wanted changes. Now they’ve got them he’s getting slaughtered 😂

**** the Hearts. Mon the Hibs.

People wanted changes that didn’t involve starting a guy up front on his own who’s looked uninterested and useless. Not names pulled out a hat.

LaMotta
16-04-2022, 10:38 AM
Yes and no.

He has technique and skill above everyone else. And I’m always call it for him to start games. But when he does, he’s miles off the pace and doesn’t get a look in.

Time for goodbye I’m afraid.

It doesnt matter if hes off the pace - he actually helps us score ffs. Nothing will amaze me more than some hibs fans ability to ignore the importance of scoring goals in the game of football.

Callum_62
16-04-2022, 10:39 AM
People wanted changes that didn’t involve starting a guy up front on his own who’s looked uninterested and useless. Not names pulled out a hat.What was the changes you wanted?

lyonhibs
16-04-2022, 10:42 AM
That starting XI with no Jasper, Melkersen or Mueller is a step short of running the white flag up the pole. Hope he's got a cunning plan because that line up does not inspire confidence at all

Callum_62
16-04-2022, 10:43 AM
That starting XI with no Jasper, Melkersen or Mueller is a step short of running the white flag up the pole. Hope he's got a cunning plan because that line up does not inspire confidence at allIt's an interesting take as 2 out of the 3 have been criticised heavily on here with Elias getting some restbite for his double against Well

B.H.F.C
16-04-2022, 10:44 AM
We’ll not get in to their half with that team.

Callum_62
16-04-2022, 10:45 AM
We’ll not get in to their half with that team.We need rocky back in to chanel his north sea punt towards Craig Gordon's goal

B.H.F.C
16-04-2022, 10:46 AM
People wanted changes that didn’t involve starting a guy up front on his own who’s looked uninterested and useless. Not names pulled out a hat.

Scott is terrible but he’s been hung out to dry today.

Will shuffle about for an hour, then get subbed for someone else to do the same.

marinello59
16-04-2022, 10:46 AM
That starting XI with no Jasper, Melkersen or Mueller is a step short of running the white flag up the pole. Hope he's got a cunning plan because that line up does not inspire confidence at all

I wouldn’t have started any of them either. Melkersen will have a part to play later in the game though.

Callum_62
16-04-2022, 10:47 AM
Scott is terrible but he’s been hung out to dry today.

Will shuffle about for an hour, then get subbed for someone else to do the same.In what way has he been hung out to dry?

His job is to play football - he has a start today, he needs to show what he's made off and give us quality up top and if it's not working he needs to run his baws off for however long he can last

Stubbsy90+2
16-04-2022, 10:54 AM
In what way has he been hung out to dry?

His job is to play football - he has a start today, he needs to show what he's made off and give us quality up top and if it's not working he needs to run his baws off for however long he can last

:agree:

easty
16-04-2022, 10:59 AM
What was the changes you wanted?

It doesn’t matter what I wanted, I’ve posted that throughout the week. Dinnae get me wrong, I’m behind any team we put out. Always.

I’m just saying that just because we wanted changes, and we got changes, doesn’t mean we have to like them.

Baader
16-04-2022, 11:00 AM
Can't quite believe that starting lineup

on-the-level
16-04-2022, 11:02 AM
Good old fashioned 'smash and grab act
Going on today. Thier getting mugged😎

Silky
16-04-2022, 11:03 AM

The same players who got slated after their "performances" at Tynie last week? "too weak", "too lightweight", "bullied". If they had all started again, I saw zero from them to suggest they deserved a start today. Why should they play today after last week? I've not seen that justified yet.

sleeping giant
16-04-2022, 11:08 AM
Can't quite believe that starting lineup

Would you have preffered the same team that got gubbed last week?

Skol
16-04-2022, 11:09 AM
Would be interesting to see how many of the team line ups had Scott in them.

BT58
16-04-2022, 11:14 AM
Looks like SM last throw of the dice. Bringing back McGinn and Stevenson and Porteous gives us experience. Just a pity were lite up front.
B

IberianHibernian
16-04-2022, 11:15 AM
Quite like the look of this team given that Wright and Doidge join the long injury list and Doig isn`t fit enough to start . Chance for Scott to prove himself , he`s only had a few minutes at end of matches so far . Jasper , Muller and Merkerson good options for later in game .

Zambernardi1875
16-04-2022, 11:15 AM
A containment team, roll out the flair players last 20mins and win 2-0

Callum_62
16-04-2022, 11:28 AM
A containment team, roll out the flair players last 20mins and win 2-0We certainly arnt playing defensively here

Ronniekirk
16-04-2022, 09:10 PM
We’ll not get in to their half with that team.

We did and often it’s lack of a decent striker that was our downfall

B.H.F.C
16-04-2022, 09:21 PM
We did and often it’s lack of a decent striker that was our downfall

We did indeed, which surprised me.

But lack of any quality up there has killed us. Compare to the impact their centre forward has had two weeks on the trot.