PDA

View Full Version : James Scott

hibsquaker
09-04-2022, 05:20 PM
Needs a thread of his own. Why? How is he still here and why does he make the squad and get on the pitch? We have Connor Young scoring a hatrick the other week. I've never seen such a disinterested player. I'm sure today when a cross came in, he actually ducked, probably to avoid spoiling his hair!

An absolute imposter who shouldn't be anywhere near this great club.

Mcbizz1998
09-04-2022, 05:21 PM
A few weeks ago, anyone who had a the audacity to point out this guy is a complete fraud was shouted down on here.

The guy is a complete joke and the fact he is still here is baffling.

Libby Hibby
09-04-2022, 05:22 PM
He can get tae fu@£

hhibs
09-04-2022, 05:23 PM
Needs a thread of his own. Why? How is he still here and why does he make the squad and get on the pitch? We have Connor Young scoring a hatrick the other week. I've never seen such a disinterested player. I'm sure today when a cross came in, he actually ducked, probably to avoid spoiling his hair!

Yes,agree completely.

Hull mugged us,do not think we we could send him back but why he is anywhere near the squad is beyond me .

Booked4Being-Ugly
09-04-2022, 05:24 PM
One of the worst players I’ve ever seen in a Hibs shirt.

An embarrassment for a footballer. He’s the epitome of why we’ve found ourselves in the bottom 6. No heart, no desire, no ability, no fitness!

superfurryhibby
09-04-2022, 05:25 PM
Yes,agree completely.

Hull mugged us,do not think we we could send him back but why he is anywhere near the squad is beyond me .

That’s more alarming than the ****ty loan deal we must have negotiated. The fact that this guy gets game time....holy ****.

DaveF
09-04-2022, 05:26 PM
We must have signed up to the world's worst loan deal in taking him on. He is barely Sunday league standard.

MWHIBBIES
09-04-2022, 05:27 PM
He'd absolutely be in contention for a worst ever Hibs 11. Maybe even our worst player ever. The fact he gets minutes over Hauge is frightening.

Allant1981
09-04-2022, 05:32 PM
Would love to know what maloney thinks he offers

hibsquaker
09-04-2022, 05:33 PM
I don't think I've ever seen a more ineffectual player. He's like playing with 10.

Not In The Know
09-04-2022, 05:34 PM
I don't think I've ever seen a more ineffectual player. He's like playing with 10.
**** him. More worrying is that the boss plays him.

Carheenlea
09-04-2022, 05:41 PM
Offered no indication of what he can bring to Hibs. Painful to watch. A disastrous signing. You can file Mueller away in the same box. Offers absolutely nothing of note. It’s turning into quite a big file.

hibsquaker
09-04-2022, 05:41 PM
He must have it in his contract that he's guaranteed minutes or something. I can't think of anything else!

California-Hibs
09-04-2022, 05:42 PM
It blows the mind how he is deemed good enough to come on in a derby and try to change the game.

hibsquaker
09-04-2022, 05:43 PM
Offered no indication of what he can bring to Hibs. Painful to watch. A disastrous signing. You can file Mueller away in the same box. Offers absolutely nothing of note.

A least Mueller tries. However I agree, I fear he's not strong enough for this level. Same with Henderson.

hibsquaker
09-04-2022, 05:44 PM
It blows the mind how he is deemed good enough to come on in a derby and try to change the game.

It is truely mind boggling

NORTHERNHIBBY
09-04-2022, 05:44 PM
Looks like we signed this boy based on what he might be able to do rather than what he actually can do.

Baader
09-04-2022, 05:46 PM
Should have had loan terminated with immediate effect when JR said he wasn't fit. Joke of a player.

hibsquaker
09-04-2022, 05:48 PM
Should have had loan terminated with immediate effect when JR said he wasn't fit. Joke of a player.

Did they not perform a fitness test or watch him in the reserves? Baffling

Unseen work
09-04-2022, 05:50 PM
Dome brilliant at Motherwell.

Got a big move to Hull.

Came here and initially started not bad (Dundee).

Got told he was unfit and wasn’t seen for months.

Done nothing in the 10-15 minutes he gets in every third game.

I half think he’s not good enough and half think what chance has he got when he’s playing so infrequently.

In either scenario though, being unfit is a disgrace.

Loan should have been terminated in January.

allezsauzee
09-04-2022, 05:53 PM
Tom Soares looked like a grafter compared to this imposter. I'm puzzled as to why he's getting more game time than Scott Allan. Scotty undoubtedly lacks fitness but he still does much more and can play a killer pass.

Nakedmanoncrack
09-04-2022, 05:54 PM
He's crap, but its not his fault the manager stubbornly insists on bringing him on every week regardless, the mind boggles as to what he thinks this utter imposter contributes.

Alfred E Newman
09-04-2022, 05:54 PM
One of the worst players I’ve ever seen in a Hibs shirt.

An embarrassment for a footballer. He’s the epitome of why we’ve found ourselves in the bottom 6. No heart, no desire, no ability, no fitness!

To claim the accolade of “ worst ever Hibs player” is a feat in itself.
We have certainly had more than our fair share of absolute duffers over the years but there is no doubt James is right up there with the worst of them.

Jones28
09-04-2022, 05:58 PM
Just **** off Scott, you have done nothing in a Hibs shirt. Vine, Zarabi, Scott, etc

The Captain....
09-04-2022, 05:59 PM
Offered no indication of what he can bring to Hibs. Painful to watch. A disastrous signing. You can file Mueller away in the same box. Offers absolutely nothing of note. It’s turning into quite a big file.Mueller in particular annoys me..he isn't good at anything, **** touch doesn't score, can't create, slow and lightweight. I better not see any of his ***** cod psychology tweets this week.

However Scott is in a whole different league of uselessness. It's actually incredible that he manages to contribute so little in his appearances. By far the worst player I've ever seen brought to the club..why he is persevered with is a question only the almighty might be able to answer. Maybe Mueller could ask him.

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

B.H.F.C
09-04-2022, 05:59 PM
James Scott is pish. But a like for like swap with Melkersen was madness. Neither had a chance on their own. Just play them together. Taking one player off who has had no impact, no support and whatever else to replace him with another to do the exact same is idiotic.

hibsquaker
09-04-2022, 06:01 PM
Just **** off Scott, you have done nothing in a Hibs shirt. Vine, Zarabi, Scott, etc

Vine was twice the player Scott is!

Ivan_Sproule
09-04-2022, 06:01 PM
I think there must be a clause in the loan agreement that Hibs pay a fee if he doesn't hit a certain number of appearances.

Maybe Maloney been promised this fee in his transfer budget if he avoids it.

That's my conspiracy theory anyway.

hibeerealist
09-04-2022, 06:02 PM

You have to wonder who made the decision that this guy would be a good loan deal for Hibs, what did they see that we cannot?

What makes the whole thing much worse is we pay Hull over £5k A WEEK for this joker.

Smartie
09-04-2022, 06:03 PM
He'd absolutely be in contention for a worst ever Hibs 11. Maybe even our worst player ever. The fact he gets minutes over Hauge is frightening.

Yep.

He’s now got a handful of games against poor opposition to avoid being our worst ever.

Right now it’s between him and Rowan Vine.

Close call.

Obviously it’s REALLY not worked out but based on pedigree etc I can see why Hibs signed him.

It’s just that he looks like he ate the player that terrorised Tom James at Fir Park that time.

Tbh, I’ve been wondering if that made Tom James even worse than we thought he was.

allezsauzee
09-04-2022, 06:05 PM
You have to wonder who made the decision that this guy would be a good loan deal for Hibs, what did they see that we cannot?

What makes the whole thing much worse is we pay Hull over £5k A WEEK for this joker.

If this is true, then whoever signed off on that should have been sacked by September.

hibbyfraelibby
09-04-2022, 06:05 PM
If he is the answer what the French Connection UK was the question

A Hi-Bee
09-04-2022, 06:07 PM
Pass

Alfred E Newman
09-04-2022, 06:07 PM

Maybe the same guy that thought bringing Mueller over the pond was a good idea.

Vault Boy
09-04-2022, 06:09 PM
If this is true, then whoever signed off on that should have been sacked by September.

I believe Jack Ross was personally very keen on him and pushed for the signing. So it wasn't quite by September, but not much longer. I was reasonably excited at first, but it really has been a disaster of a signing.

hibsquaker
09-04-2022, 06:11 PM
Where was the due diligence?

MWHIBBIES
09-04-2022, 06:17 PM
Yep.

He’s now got a handful of games against poor opposition to avoid being our worst ever.

Close call.

Obviously it’s REALLY not worked out but based on pedigree etc I can see why Hibs signed him.

It’s just that he looks like he ate the player that terrorised Tom James at Fir Park that time.

Tbh, I’ve been wondering if that made Tom James even worse than we thought he was.

Tom James had more ability in his left foot than Scott has ever shown here.

Pretty Boy
09-04-2022, 06:21 PM
Drive him back to Hull then drop him in the Humber. ****ing hopeless and a lazy **** who couldn't care less into the bargain.

Onceinawhile
09-04-2022, 06:26 PM
Drive him back to Hull then drop him in the Humber. ****ing hopeless and a lazy **** who couldn't care less into the bargain.

Whys he still in the squad? Is it because the 18s played last night?

He won't be here next summer. Drop him and get laidlaw or O'connor in.

Mikey_1875
09-04-2022, 06:33 PM
Challenging Kuqi and Vine for our worst ever striker. It takes a special effort to be that ineffective.

Nicho87
09-04-2022, 06:36 PM
Like our season.

Started with optimism

Quickly went backwards

Bobby's Cinema
09-04-2022, 06:56 PM
Awful. Contributed ZERO since arriving. Not sure the guy has even had a shot since he came in.
What's the point in him being here? Just another body. We will be well rid.

truehibernian
09-04-2022, 07:12 PM

He’s a Junior footballer at best. And that’s being kind to him.

GRA
09-04-2022, 07:20 PM
How on earth did he manage to get a contract at Hull? At least Vine was punted after a couple of months, Scott is on a par with him in terms of impact and he's still getting gametime! Shocking player.

Alfred E Newman
09-04-2022, 07:27 PM

Sid James had more ability.

truehibernian
09-04-2022, 07:33 PM
Sid James had more ability.

Wendy James offered more up top !

snedzuk
09-04-2022, 07:58 PM
Yep.

Close call.

Ill see your Rowan Vine with a Josh Vela

CL0762
09-04-2022, 08:04 PM
I think there must be a clause in the loan agreement that Hibs pay a fee if he doesn't hit a certain number of appearances.

Maybe Maloney been promised this fee in his transfer budget if he avoids it.

That's my conspiracy theory anyway.

That has to be a reason. It’s the only explanation.

It actually makes me angry watching him attempt to run about wearing that badge on his chest.

LaMotta
09-04-2022, 09:40 PM
He's crap, but its not his fault the manager stubbornly insists on bringing him on every week regardless, the mind boggles as to what he thinks this utter imposter contributes.

This. Maloney is a disgrace for picking him.

Stubbsy90+2
09-04-2022, 09:41 PM
If we got relegated then he’d probably be in the same bracket as Rowan Vine.

As he’s done nothing to help us avoid being relegated I’d happily stick him in that bracket anyway.

Heisenberg
09-04-2022, 09:44 PM
Mental that he was our big signing in the summer to help out Doidge and Nisbet. Rowan Vine levels of ***** from him since his debut. More interested in living like a footballer than actually being one.

NAE NOOKIE
09-04-2022, 09:46 PM

Absolutely. In the end it doesn't matter a rats arse why he doesn't perform, in every single minute he has played for Hibs his affect on the game has been absolutely nil. We have three youngsters in the under 20s who score goals, even if they are given the step up and minutes on the pitch from the bench and contribute absolutely nothing they will still have had the same impact as James bloody Scott ... in view of that why the hell not give them a shot?

Stubbsy90+2
09-04-2022, 09:48 PM
Can I just say, I’d fully back people booing him in the post split fixtures.

It’s time we let the club know guys like him are miles off the standard required.

IberianHibernian
09-04-2022, 10:02 PM

It’s time we let the club know guys like him are miles off the standard required.Pretty sure manager and coaching staff will be aware of how much or little he`s contributing to team .
Why boo a player who`s struggling at a time when team might need extra support ?

Stubbsy90+2
09-04-2022, 10:08 PM
Pretty sure manager and coaching staff will be aware of how much or little he`s contributing to team .
Why boo a player who`s struggling at a time when team might need extra support ?

We signed him. Since then he keeps getting minutes. So im not so sure they are aware.

He’s about the worst player I’ve seen at Hibs in a decade in terms of both application and ability.

green with envy
09-04-2022, 10:08 PM
Has to be one of the most ineffective players to ever play for Hibs in my 50 years as a H&A supporter.

thebausburst
09-04-2022, 10:10 PM
Offered no indication of what he can bring to Hibs. Painful to watch. A disastrous signing. You can file Mueller away in the same box. Offers absolutely nothing of note. It’s turning into quite a big file.

Agree with this Mueller is absolutely rank, does zero, game passes him by, how poor must the standard be in the MLS if he was considered good

Callum_62
09-04-2022, 10:11 PM

It’s time we let the club know guys like him are miles off the standard required.I've just watched the highlights of the Everton vs man u game

Everton struggling big time. Last won 6 weeks ago and Goodison looked bouncing

Over at Easter Road we are asking fans to boo our players during the game

[emoji849]

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Stubbsy90+2
09-04-2022, 10:12 PM
I've just watched the highlights of the Everton vs man u game

Everton struggling big time. Last won 6 weeks ago and Goodison looked bouncing

Over at Easter Road we are asking fans to boo our players during the game

[emoji849]

Everton have something to play for.

Realistically, we don’t. Having seen us give four year deals to guys like Campbell I’d have absolutely no issue with fans making it absolutely clear we don’t want the likes of James Scott getting a contract here.

Callum_62
09-04-2022, 10:40 PM
Everton have something to play for.

Realistically, we don’t. Having seen us give four year deals to guys like Campbell I’d have absolutely no issue with fans making it absolutely clear we don’t want the likes of James Scott getting a contract here.We have to avoid a playoff place for a start

kaimendhibs
09-04-2022, 10:42 PM
He is awful, but Ive never booed a hibs player.

Stubbsy90+2
09-04-2022, 10:42 PM
We have to avoid a playoff place for a start

Mathematically, yes.

Realistically, our season will be over if we get beat next week.

I have absolutely no issues with our fans making it blatantly clear we don’t want imposters like this at our club next year.

Callum_62
09-04-2022, 10:45 PM
Mathematically, yes.

I have absolutely no issues with our fans making it blatantly clear we don’t want imposters like this at our club next year.What a way to sell new signings to our club

Won't be asking them to come to the game before the inks dry hopefully

Stubbsy90+2
09-04-2022, 10:46 PM
What a way to sell new signings to our club

Won't be asking them to come to the game before the inks dry hopefully

I’ll worry about new signings once I stop worrying about the dross we have here just now tbh.

Callum_62
09-04-2022, 10:58 PM
I’ll worry about new signings once I stop worrying about the dross we have here just now tbh.Being blunt its not only poor it adds absolutely nothing to the team by booing a player - nevermind doing it when the games being played

Its counter productive and probably goes to hinder the team and individual even more

mokie
09-04-2022, 11:14 PM

along with your mate Hanlon. Another cracking performance from captain marvel.

MWHIBBIES
10-04-2022, 12:24 AM
along with your mate Hanlon. Another cracking performance from captain marvel.

Yes, a scottish cup winner with 500 games would make our worst 11. Good patter. Club legend.

the_ginger_hibee
10-04-2022, 12:31 AM
Yes, a scottish cup winner with 500 games would make our worst 11. Good patter. Club legend.

The Scottish cup win was a sequence of just 5 ties.

Why is that so much more important than a relegation? Our worst derby defeats ever? Our lowest league finishes ever?

Just because we finally won the cup, it doesn't say anything about the ability of Paul Hanlon right now.

Just like playing 500 games isn't either. He may have played 500 games as a stand-out (he didn't) but that means nothing for game 501.

We can't keep players on emotion or sentiment alone.

MWHIBBIES
10-04-2022, 12:36 AM
The Scottish cup win was a sequence of just 5 ties.

Why is that so much more important than a relegation? Our worst derby defeats ever? Our lowest league finishes ever?

Just because we finally won the cup, it doesn't say anything about the ability of Paul Hanlon.

Just like playing 500 games isn't either. He may have played 500 games as a stand-out (he didn't) but that means nothing for game 501.

We can't keep players on emotion or sentiment alone.

I agree. Thankfully Paul is still a good player at this level. Our cup win in 2016 is far, far more important than anything negative that has happened in this time. Best day of our life's. In 50 years I won't give a **** about anything negative that he was here for. I'll remember our cup win. That's what sticks.

the_ginger_hibee
10-04-2022, 12:39 AM
I agree. Thankfully Paul is still a good player at this level. Our cup win in 2016 is far, far more important than anything negative that has happened in this time. Best day of our life's. In 50 years I won't give a **** about anything negative that he was here for. I'll remember our cup win. That's what sticks.

What does your experience in 2016 say about Paul Hanlon's ability today?

Absolutely nothing.

JamesHFC
10-04-2022, 12:41 AM
Poor signing alongside Wood. Mackay also brought in who like many of our signings got injured and then sent out on loan and can hardly get a game in the championship.

Summer transfer window was awful. Followed by January where we sold our best player and brought in a bunch of youngsters.

Recruitment a major part of our downfall this season.

MWHIBBIES
10-04-2022, 12:48 AM
What does your experience in 2016 say about Paul Hanlon's ability today?

Absolutely nothing.

No.. The part where I said I think he's still a good player is what I said about his ability.

the_ginger_hibee
10-04-2022, 12:50 AM
No.. The part where I said I think he's still a good player is what I said about his ability.

Based on what though? In two weeks he's made two goal-costing mistakes at least.

MWHIBBIES
10-04-2022, 01:02 AM
Based on what though? In two weeks he's made two goal-costing mistakes at least.

He joins the rest of our defenders in that regard then.

Callum_62
10-04-2022, 01:09 AM
Based on what though? In two weeks he's made two goal-costing mistakes at least.He got out muscled by a big centre forward then JDH shat the bed, I'd blame JDH far more than Hanlon for hearts first today

MWHIBBIES
10-04-2022, 01:28 AM

He joins the rest of our defenders in that regard then.

SteveHFC
10-04-2022, 02:21 AM
The worst player i’ve seen play for Hibs in a long time.

cabbageandribs1875
10-04-2022, 04:31 AM
booing our players :rolleyes:jesus wept, by all means call a player rank but to boo one of our players wearing our club colours...gtf

and i hope our captain doesn't read the forums

Ronniekirk
10-04-2022, 04:45 AM
booing our players :rolleyes:jesus wept, by all means call a player rank but to boo one of our players wearing our club colours...gtf

and i hope our captain doesn't read the forums

Scott isn’t our player and has shown a complete disregard for the club by training with us snd getting more unfit
He has done nothing of any note when brought on
He rightly won’t be here next season so why include him when a hungry youngster could get the chance
Just don’t see the point and it can’t add to any harmony in the camp as other professional players probably share our view
Off topic I know but Scott Allan had options to move in last transfer window Why didn’t Maloney let him and bring someone else in as he has hardly used him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cabbageandribs1875
10-04-2022, 04:52 AM
Scott isn’t our player and has shown a complete disregard for the club by training with us snd getting more unfit
He has done nothing of any note when brought on
He rightly won’t be here next season so why include him when a hungry youngster could get the chance
Just don’t see the point and it can’t add to any harmony in the camp as other professional players probably share our view
Off topic I know but Scott Allan had options to move in last transfer window Why didn’t Maloney let him and bring someone else in as he has hardly used him

and thank goodness :greengrinbut, when he puts that shirt on.....booing him(or any other player) won't improve performances :(

Ronniekirk
10-04-2022, 05:01 AM
and thank goodness :greengrinbut, when he puts that shirt on.....booing him(or any other player) won't improve performances :(

You will note I didn’t condone the booing I do do that at the end of a match if it’s been a particularly inept performance as a way of venting my frustration but would never do it during a game

cabbageandribs1875
10-04-2022, 05:34 AM
You will note I didn’t condone the booing I do do that at the end of a match if it’s been a particularly inept performance as a way of venting my frustration but would never do it during a game

and you will note i didn't even mention you condoning the booing of our players :confused:

glad we're on the same page :)

LaMotta
10-04-2022, 05:58 AM

Tom James was shocking for Hibs, way out his depth. Scott might just be worse.

McGruber
10-04-2022, 06:14 AM
Maloney gives Scott game time.

He signs Bushiri as his number 1 target.

Rates Campbell highly

Worked with Henderson at Celtic, brings him in and doesn't play him - probably because he is a bit too physically weak and immobile for midfield despite his passing/deadball ability

Some say give Maloney the summer window to bring in his own players,....

we are hibs
10-04-2022, 06:35 AM
He has contributed about the same as Phil Airey since he arrived. Only difference is Phil Airey was here about 20 minutes and this joker has not only somehow made it beyond January but also still getting any form of gametime for the first team.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

delbert
10-04-2022, 08:50 AM

James Scott and Joe Ward, a strike force guaranteed to go an entire season without scoring, although at present Christian Doidge would be challenging for either of their places !

Coco Bryce
10-04-2022, 08:53 AM
As part of his loan deal, Scott has it in his contract that he has to play so many games to keep fit and keep him in the shop window for any potential buyers. The irony...

loanheadhibby
10-04-2022, 08:56 AM
As part of his loan deal, Scott has it in his contract that he has to play some many games to keep fit and keep him in the shop window for any potential buyers. The irony...

What’s worrying for Scott is where does he go next? He looks like an Alloa player. Hull will surely be wanting shot of him?

He’s had a great chance to show what he can do this season and he’s failed miserably.

Stubbsy90+2
10-04-2022, 08:58 AM
What’s worrying for Scott is where does he go next? He looks like a Alloa player. Hull will surely be wanting shot of him?

He’s had a great chance to show what he can do this season and he’s failed miserably.

Was there not a threat from the Hull manager that he’d be recalling him in January if he was doing well :faf:

Coco Bryce
10-04-2022, 09:00 AM
What’s worrying for Scott is where does he go next? He looks like a Alloa player. Hull will surely be wanting shot of him?

They are and where hoping someone would buy him while playing for us.

He's the worst player I've seen at Hibs in my life and that's saying something.

loanheadhibby
10-04-2022, 09:02 AM
Was there not a threat from the Hull manager that he’d be recalling him in January if he was doing well :faf:

He must have something tho if Hull signed him in the 1st place?

To be fair the lad is getting pelters on here but he can’t carry the can for yesterday or us failing to get top 6. That lies heavily on the whole squad, current manager & previous manager.

we are hibs
10-04-2022, 09:05 AM

Aye a good agent.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

hibbyfraelibby
10-04-2022, 09:16 AM
Mathematically, yes.

I have absolutely no issues with our fans making it blatantly clear we don’t want imposters like this at our club next year.

We are only 8 points clear of 11th with 5 games to play. We need 3 wins. We have 1 in 15. Deja Vu

Stokesy's on fire
10-04-2022, 09:18 AM
We are only 8 points clear of 11th with 5 games to play. We need 3 wins. We have 1 in 15. Deja Vu

This

Sack the manager now and get someone in until the end of the season to steer us clear of relegation

Stokesy's on fire
10-04-2022, 09:19 AM

To be fair the lad is getting pelters on here but he can’t carry the can for yesterday or us failing to get top 6. That lies heavily on the whole squad, current manager & previous manager.

Frances Jeffers rings a bell he was once worth a lot of money but turned out to be a total flop.

Sean1875
10-04-2022, 09:26 AM
Genuinely putting him in the ‘Rowan Vine’ category of strikers, which I never thought I’d ever do. Just awful.

Ronniekirk
10-04-2022, 09:35 AM
As part of his loan deal, Scott has it in his contract that he has to play so many games to keep fit and keep him in the shop window for any potential buyers. The irony...

Well bring him on as a sub with a few minutes to go if That’s the case as he ain’t doing anything to put himself in the shop window ( in fact he should become a dummy if he wants to do that ffs )

jacomo
10-04-2022, 09:39 AM

Hibs shouldn’t be agreeing clauses like this. Terrible if that’s the case.

Northernhibee
10-04-2022, 10:08 AM
Genuinely putting him in the ‘Rowan Vine’ category of strikers, which I never thought I’d ever do. Just awful.

I remember Rowan Vine hit the post with a twenty yarder once. That alone puts him above James Scott.

Coco Bryce
10-04-2022, 10:12 AM
Hibs shouldn’t be agreeing clauses like this. Terrible if that’s the case.

I thinks it's common for loan deals.

The whole part of them is to keep them fit as they aren't getting a game at their current team. Clubs don't want their players back unfit and in bad shape.

Ironic as I said in Scott's case.

GreenCastle
10-04-2022, 10:34 AM
I just don’t understand what position he actually plays.

He doesn’t score goals.
He doesn’t assist.
He rarely wins a header.
Doesn’t beat a player.

What actually does he contribute.

Rowan Vine was worst Hibs player I’ve seen. Scott is a close 2nd.

WestStandWillie
10-04-2022, 10:40 AM
James Scott is one of those players who will sod off down south again after the loan has finished, sign for Tranmere and score every other week. We’ll then get posts about his goal scoring exploits and wonder if we were too harsh on him.

LewysGot2
10-04-2022, 11:00 AM
James Collins vibe

overdrive
10-04-2022, 11:01 AM
James Collins vibe

Nah at least he ran about like a headless chicken. I don’t think Scott is even capable of running.

Tully
10-04-2022, 11:04 AM
Nah at least he ran about like a headless chicken. I don’t think Scott is even capable of running.

Did he actually touch the ball yesterday

Diclonius
10-04-2022, 12:07 PM
I have to admit, he is verging on Vine/Collins levels of greatness now.

Green-Hibee-7
10-04-2022, 12:14 PM
He’s shown absolutely zero in his time here but he is also the least of our worries to be honest.

Onceinawhile
10-04-2022, 12:18 PM
I have to admit, he is verging on Vine/Collins levels of greatness now.

Collins scored in a Derby win at least.

Utterly terrible player, but James Scott has miles to go to be anywhere near as good as him for us.

hibee-boys
10-04-2022, 12:21 PM
He’s shown absolutely zero in his time here but he is also the least of our worries to be honest.

Yip, I’m more concerned about the performance of the players that are spending the vast majority of the 90mins on the pitch not someone that’s been getting 10-15mins every 2nd week. I guess he’s an east target because he’s on loan or not a ‘hibs’ man. I agree that he’s looked poor but there are people who’ve played 4 or 5 times more football than him that have been equally as ineffective.

hibsquaker
10-04-2022, 12:23 PM
He's at another stratosphere of sh#teness. He couldn't lace Collins' boots. Vine was crap but not at Scott's level. Whoever was involved in signing him should already be sacked.

The problem for us fans is that we expect at least for a player to care, put himself about and try. Collins did that. This boy is more interested in his hair. Substitutions are very important and even if he comes on for 10 minutes he must put in a shift otherwise we are down to ten. Baffling why he was brought on when we needed energy and commitment to get back in the game.

hibee1875
10-04-2022, 01:09 PM

I think they were trying to panic us into buying him. They’ve lost a fortune on a dud. Has the physic to make it down south and showed promise at Motherwell.

Then saw the cash rolling into his bank and he thinks he’s made it. He’ll get a shock when he’s back on 80% of what Hulls paying him

hibee1875
10-04-2022, 01:10 PM

He’s a big part of the problem tho. He’s here to provide goals. How many times has he come on as a sub and barely had a touch?

MWHIBBIES
10-04-2022, 01:20 PM
Collins was poor in a poor Hibs side, but has had a very good career. Not a chance in hell Scott achieves 1/10th of what Collins did.

Since90+2
10-04-2022, 01:30 PM

We need 1 win not 3. St Johnstone are not going to get more than 11 points in 5 games.

jacomo
10-04-2022, 01:46 PM
I remember Rowan Vine hit the post with a twenty yarder once. That alone puts him above James Scott.

Yup, the opposition could all sit down on the grass and the referee announce 30mins of injury time and I still wouldn’t put money on James Scott scoring a goal.

James70
10-04-2022, 02:10 PM
Regarding loan deals and having to give players game time, I know Tait is currently injured but neither him or Mackay seem to have been near Kilmarnock's team other than sitting on the bench.

Steven79
10-04-2022, 02:15 PM
Regarding loan deals and having to give players game time, I know Tait is currently injured but neither him or Mackay seem to have been near Kilmarnock's team other than sitting on the bench.

Six figures for both.

Not as if that money couldn't have been spent on the here and now instead as it would have paid for itself if we had finished in the top six.

1959 Hibby
10-04-2022, 02:26 PM
Forget Roman Vine: for me James Scott is possibly the worst Hibs striker since Ally Scott back in the 70s

Diclonius
10-04-2022, 05:46 PM
Collins scored in a Derby win at least.

Wait a minute.

We're playing in a derby on Saturday!

Yesssssssssssssssssssssss!

A Hi-Bee
10-04-2022, 05:47 PM
Forget Roman Vine: for me James Scott is possibly the worst Hibs striker since Ally Scott back in the 70s

That takes some doing, but think you may be correct.

eastterrace
10-04-2022, 06:36 PM
That takes some doing, but think you may be correct.think your being a tad harsh on ally scott at least he scored a few goals for us. I would have preferred you said joe ward, now he was really pish.

hibbydog
10-04-2022, 06:40 PM
Fat and sh@@te

He can do one

Onion
10-04-2022, 06:48 PM
This

Sack the manager now and get someone in until the end of the season to steer us clear of relegation

Think Ron's already played that card.

Sacking Jack Ross was never the problem, making sure we brought in someone better was always the key appointment.

Onion
10-04-2022, 07:09 PM
Watching James Scott come on as sub is a heart sinking experience and a sure sign the game is gone. But it's not his fault, or Malloney's for that matter. This all comes back to the owner and key decision maker. Everything filters down from his decisions and I'm starting to think he doesn't actually know what the Hell he's doing.

LaMotta
10-04-2022, 08:23 PM
Watching James Scott come on as sub is a heart sinking experience and a sure sign the game is gone. But it's not his fault, or Malloney's for that matter. This all comes back to the owner and key decision maker. Everything filters down from his decisions and I'm starting to think he doesn't actually know what the Hell he's doing.

It is Maloney's fault though, he keeps putting him on despite the fact he has shown himself to be nothing other than hopeless. He also kept him in January presumably on the basis of what he had seen in training - really worrying decision making from SM. You are so right about it being a heart sinking experience when you see him about to come on - I've rarely felt about a player like that.

hibee1875
10-04-2022, 09:23 PM
It is Maloney's fault though, he keeps putting him on despite the fact he has shown himself to be nothing other than hopeless. He also kept him in January presumably on the basis of what he had seen in training - really worrying decision making from SM. You are so right about it being a heart sinking experience when you see him about to come on - I've rarely felt about a player like that.

Only Maloneys fault if he’s playing him when he doesn’t have to. Different story if he’s contractually obliged.

LaMotta
10-04-2022, 09:55 PM
Only Maloneys fault if he’s playing him when he doesn’t have to. Different story if he’s contractually obliged.

Well yes, but as far as I'm aware that's only a rumour on here and it sounds pretty far fetched. If it was true why did Jack Ross never play him?

Franck Stanton
10-04-2022, 10:23 PM
The only way that imposter gets to pull a hib s to On is if he goes to the shop & buys one.
You could honestly pick someone, anyone, out of the crowd & you would get more fight commitment & passing than he has shown since his arrival. Get him to f out of my club. Useless wan ker

Mcbizz1998
10-04-2022, 10:26 PM
If there is one silver lining to a derby defeat it’s that it seems to have focussed the collective mind of hibs.net to see this guy is a huddy.

Carheenlea
10-04-2022, 11:39 PM
He won’t start next week, but very good chance he’ll be on the pitch at the full time whistle. All square after extra time, penalties, sudden death, Hearts miss, score the next one we’re through, James Scott marches up…

MWHIBBIES
11-04-2022, 04:23 AM

Not the case. He's been unused many times.

hibsquaker
11-04-2022, 07:01 AM
He won’t start next week, but very good chance he’ll be on the pitch at the full time whistle. All square after extra time, penalties, sudden death, Hearts miss, score the next one we’re through, James Scott marches up…

Just don't, please no!!!

Jones28
11-04-2022, 08:46 AM
If there is one silver lining to a derby defeat it’s that it seems to have focussed the collective mind of hibs.net to see this guy is a huddy.

I dont think there was any doubt that he offers nothing, has offered nothing and will offer nothing in his Hibs career.

Maloney would be as well throwing a white hankey on the pitch when he tells Scott to get stripped.

hibee1875
11-04-2022, 08:49 AM
Not the case. He's been unused many times.

Yes but how do we not know he has say the last 5 games to get the remaining x appearances in to not break the contract?

hibsquaker
11-04-2022, 10:15 AM
If they have to bring him on, bring him on in injury time. Even if we'd used all our subs and got an injury we'd be better with 10 men.

snedzuk
16-04-2022, 11:15 AM
Come on James- 21 years old - kick start you career.

Callum_62
16-04-2022, 01:43 PM
I'd start him again next week

Allant1981
16-04-2022, 01:45 PM
Actually thought he was ok today, not the quickest though so needs to play a bit higher up the park

marinello59
I'd start him again next week

Aye, he earned that today.

Pete
Great effort today and did really well up top holding things up 👏.

at last 61
Surprised a lot of people today, at least he gave his all, I will be a bigger man and say well done, James, well done

A Hi-Bee
16-04-2022, 01:47 PM
Full marks today for a good shift, lacks a cutting edge but no ones saying he is a proven goalscorer.
he was a lot better than previous games.

LaMotta
16-04-2022, 02:29 PM
Jesus ****in Christ. People praising Scott because he wasn't ****. How far we have fallen.

Stokesy's on fire
16-04-2022, 02:32 PM
Full marks today for a good shift, lacks a cutting edge but no ones saying he is a proven goalscorer.
he was a lot better than previous games.

The whole point of a striker is goals...he is crap and hopefully he wont be back when his loan deal ends

Callum_62
16-04-2022, 02:32 PM
Jesus ****in Christ. People praising Scott because he wasn't ****. How far we have fallen.He contributed to us having the ability to keep hearts penned in for pretty much the whole 2nd half

He wasn't just not ***** as you so eloquently put it but considering his lack of game time he was pretty effective in helping the team get up the park

A Hi-Bee
16-04-2022, 02:34 PM
Jesus ****in Christ. People praising Scott because he wasn't ****. How far we have fallen.

If you remember Ally Scott at Hibs or back further wi Jim Blair, you would realise that we still have a long way to fall. you would have played who in his place?

Eaststand
16-04-2022, 02:35 PM

Yep, it really baffles me too. I can't wait to see him as far away from our club as possible as I genuinely can't think of a single good thing he did today, or over the season that's been worth a mention.

Lots of effort from him but he doesn't read the play too well, and overall there was nowt positive about his game all day.

GGTTH

declan macmanus
16-04-2022, 02:37 PM
If we had Ellis Simms up front today we would have won at a canter.

Scott is nowhere near good enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Callum_62
16-04-2022, 02:38 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ProCan we bring you in Declan?

Allant1981
16-04-2022, 02:41 PM

So cant say someone has had a decent game because they have been poor previously, good one

TelaStella
16-04-2022, 02:41 PM
Pace let him down today but there can’t be much else to fault him by. Whether we see him kick on somewhat from here remains to be seen.

Gmack7
16-04-2022, 02:43 PM
Too little to late I'm afraid, can't fault his efforts today and had a decent game but he's been non existant otherwise, he won't be back next season

Diclonius
16-04-2022, 02:45 PM
Thanks for actually bothering for once. Good luck back at Hull.

GreenCastle
16-04-2022, 02:53 PM
Playing for a transfer - no way he stays at Hibs or Hull.

Still feel he could have blocked the free kick if he was on his toes and sharper - just throw your body at it.

Just not good enough for where we need to be. Plus strikers need to score the occasional goal for me.

LaMotta
16-04-2022, 02:53 PM
He contributed to us having the ability to keep hearts penned in for pretty much the whole 2nd half

He wasn't just not ***** as you so eloquently put it but considering his lack of game time he was pretty effective in helping the team get up the park

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So cant say someone has had a decent game because they have been poor previously, good one

He contributed to another Hibs failure. An insipid display that looked good for him only because he has previously been absolutely brutal for Hibs.

Really sad how some fans accept such pish playing for our club, and the manager making decisions to persist with them. Both Scott and Maloney will be gone soon - thank ****.

Allant1981
16-04-2022, 02:56 PM
He contributed to another Hibs failure. An insipid display that looked good for him only because he has previously been absolutely brutal for Hibs.

Really sad how some fans accept such pish playing for our club, and the manager making decisions to persist with them. Both Scott and Maloney will be gone soon - thank ****.

Or sad that some fans cant see when someone has had a decent game because of previous poor performances

LaMotta
16-04-2022, 03:00 PM
Or sad that some fans cant see when someone has had a decent game because of previous poor performances

He wasnt decent, he was totally average. Pathetic for a Hibs striker in a derby. You are one of the most clueless posters on here, still backing up hopeless huddies.

Coach Jon
16-04-2022, 03:01 PM

No, its sad that with his previous performances he has set the bar so low to the stage where he is being praised for running about and kicking a few of the opposition without making any meaningful contribution on the football side of things.

loanheadhibby
16-04-2022, 03:01 PM
He wasnt decent, he was totally average. Pathetic for a Hibs striker in a derby. You are one of the most clueless posters on here, still backing up hopeless huddies.

Bang on. We sign Scott and they signed Simms.

Who impacted the game?

Allant1981
16-04-2022, 03:04 PM

Yip im clueless, pot, kettle, black springs to mind

LaMotta
16-04-2022, 03:04 PM

Who impacted the game?

:agree::agree::agree: What is worse is that the manager actually decided to keep him in January, and has continually given him minutes on the pitch since.

Chorley Hibee
16-04-2022, 03:08 PM

Said this earlier in the season when folk were praising Wright.

These folk are so bad that the most average of performances is praised by a section of the support as some sort of achievement.

Another two windows of dross sowed the seeds of defeat for today.

wookie70
16-04-2022, 03:09 PM
Scott had his best game for Hibs today. Worked hard, held it up pretty well when we got it up to him and made lots of decent runs. Absolutely no goal threat though and Melkerson managed more goal threat in his very short spell on the pitch.

Lago
16-04-2022, 03:11 PM
Well your not far been him.

LaMotta
16-04-2022, 03:12 PM
Said this earlier in the season when folk were praising Wright.

These folk are so bad that the most average of performances is praised by a section of the support as some sort of achievement.

Another two windows of dross sowed the seeds of defeat for today.

The funny thing is you've got Hibs fans coming on here thinking they are intellctually superior fans or hold some kind of moral high ground for backing these guys, despite how **** they are on a consistent basis.

LaMotta
16-04-2022, 03:12 PM
Well your not far been him.

Hahaha nice attempt at a sentence.

loanheadhibby
16-04-2022, 03:14 PM
:agree::agree::agree: What is worse is that the manager actually decided to keep him in January, and has continually given him minutes on the pitch since.

Another reason to get shot of Maloney. Signed Rocky and kept Scott. He’s not got much of an eye for a player.

Hence we went old school today as could not rely on the dross brought in during January window.

LaMotta
16-04-2022, 03:15 PM
Another reason to get shot of Maloney. Signed Rocky and kept Simms. He’s not got much of an eye for a player.

Hence we went old school today as could not rely on the dross brought in during January window.

Absolutely mate.

GreenCastle
16-04-2022, 03:18 PM

Who impacted the game?

They signed Simms an Sibbick who all started today. Atkinson came on.

Simms scoring this week and was a pain last week.

We signed Henderson and Clarke who started today.

Melkerson, Jasper and Mueller all came on and didn't get much time or do much when they came on.

Our recruitment has been woeful.

GRA
16-04-2022, 04:54 PM
Scott had his best game for Hibs today. Worked hard, held it up pretty well when we got it up to him and made lots of decent runs. Absolutely no goal threat though and Melkerson managed more goal threat in his very short spell on the pitch.

Exactly this. I've slated him in the past but was his best performance this season. Where has that effort been all season?

Ronniekirk
16-04-2022, 09:07 PM
Agree he played his part today

Wilson
16-04-2022, 09:11 PM
Agree he played his part today

Played his part in...

MWHIBBIES
16-04-2022, 09:24 PM
He put in the minimum today. Nothing more. Their forward actually done a bit

Scott has been an utter disgrace all season. Would certainly make a worst ever Hibs 11. Honestly can't stand him. Can't wait till he's gone.

cameronw-hfc
16-04-2022, 09:27 PM
Think there's a player in there but he's never a striker. Best form came as a winger for Motherwell. Might be nit picking but was right peeved off when he was smiling as he came off.

We were 2-1 to our rivals in a semi final, wtf does he have to smile about?

Mainstandman
16-04-2022, 09:27 PM
Played his part in...

Running aboot!!

Ronniekirk
16-04-2022, 09:28 PM
Played his part in...

The game Who would you have played

Ronniekirk
16-04-2022, 09:29 PM
Running aboot!!

So who would you have played

Ronniekirk
16-04-2022, 09:31 PM
Exactly this. I've slated him in the past but was his best performance this season. Where has that effort been all season?

Some people seem incapable of acknowledging this

Lancs Harp
16-04-2022, 09:35 PM
It was his best game in a Hibs shirt but come on he's cleary not good enough for where we want to aspire to be surely? He's bang average at best (if that)

hibsquaker
16-04-2022, 09:35 PM
So he is expected to get plaudits for contributing, whereas he normally contributes nothing. No there is not a player in there. Please!

loanheadhibby
16-04-2022, 09:37 PM
Am I being unfair in thinking he may have made a better effort in trying to block Hearts 2nd goal.
Happy to be told I'm talking rubbish.

Scorrie
16-04-2022, 09:42 PM
Am I being unfair in thinking he may have made a better effort in trying to block Hearts 2nd goal.

No, his attempt at closing down was poor and very half hearted. But overall I don’t think Scott was too bad today

Potty78
16-04-2022, 09:52 PM
He put in the minimum today. Nothing more. Their forward actually done a bit

Scott has been an utter disgrace all season. Would certainly make a worst ever Hibs 11. Honestly can't stand him. Can't wait till he's gone.
Would make a worst hibs 11? I ok🤦*♂️

B.H.F.C
16-04-2022, 09:52 PM
No, his attempt at closing down was poor and very half hearted. But overall I don’t think Scott was too bad today

Agree with this but that’s the problem eh. Just ran about a wee bit but contributed nothing in an attacking sense.

Ronniekirk
16-04-2022, 09:54 PM

Have you highlighted McGinn gifting the ball to simms for the first

B.H.F.C
16-04-2022, 09:54 PM

A striker that has been here a year and not scored a goal.

He’s a good shout for it.

hibsquaker
16-04-2022, 09:58 PM

Name 11 worse then...

Potty78
16-04-2022, 10:01 PM

He’s a good shout for it.

He was chucked in at the deep end today because we wanted to go more aggressive. Not the greatest performance but he worked hard. Plus I've seen worse strikers

Lancs Harp
16-04-2022, 10:02 PM
Name 11 worse then...

I'll start with Islam Feruz. Who i had the misfortune to watch at both Blackpool and Hibs.

Potty78
16-04-2022, 10:02 PM
Name 11 worse then...

Players? Easy

Boss_Nass
16-04-2022, 10:04 PM
Scott, no goals and no assists (90% sure) this season.

Should have been hooked for Melkersen, mueller, Jasper to try something different

loanheadhibby
16-04-2022, 10:09 PM
He was chucked in at the deep end today because we wanted to go more aggressive. Not the greatest performance but he worked hard. Plus I've seen worse strikers

I genuinely can’t think of a worse centre forward for Hibs in the last 20 years? Lee Power and Rowan Vine on a par with Scott.

JamesHFC
16-04-2022, 10:12 PM
I'll start with Islam Feruz. Who i had the misfortune to watch at both Blackpool and Hibs.

Forgot about him 😂

Kuqi, Trakys, Duffy and Matulevicius

B.H.F.C
16-04-2022, 10:13 PM

Wasn’t terrible today. But been her a season and contributed zero.

Potty78
16-04-2022, 10:16 PM
I genuinely can’t think of a worse centre forward for Hibs in the last 20 years? Lee Power and Rowan Vine on a par with Scott.
The Tank, Johansen, Vine, Power but to be honest I thought he meant players not strikers 🙈

loanheadhibby
16-04-2022, 10:17 PM
The Tank, Johansen, Vine, Power but to be honest I thought he meant players not strikers 🙈

Good shouts. I think Eduardo scored a couple but Johannson a definite shout.

madhatter
16-04-2022, 10:20 PM
He was actually decent today. Think he'll play most games between now and end of season. Held the ball up well at times and worked hard.

IberianHibernian
16-04-2022, 10:21 PM

He’s a good shout for it.A year here meaning about 150 minutes since he was signed while Jack Ross was manager . Could have done more at 2nd goal but otherwise put in a good shift . Doubt he`ll be with us next season but hope he gets a chance in starting team in coming matches . I actually had him in team I hoped would start but with Melkerson up front . In the end Henderson was my MOM but didn`t really work with Scott .

JamesHFC
16-04-2022, 10:21 PM
He was actually decent today. Think he'll play most games between now and end of season. Held the ball up well at times and worked hard.

I’d be giving Melkersen and Mueller as much game time as possible between now and the end of the season. They are the one’s who are going to be with us next season and still need to get up to speed.

Mikey_1875
16-04-2022, 10:25 PM
Still not for me on today’s showing unfortunately. A bit better second half but we need more. Went to ground sliding in a bizarre amount of times as well.

KazHibby
Scott was on for his challenging in the air, as we have nobody and last week we were wasted!

Keyser Sauzee
He gets praise for taking one of they pricks out

madhatter
16-04-2022, 10:27 PM
I’d be giving Melkersen and Mueller as much game time as possible between now and the end of the season. They are the one’s who are going to be with us next season and still need to get up to speed.

Play Scott at no9 and have Melkersen and Mueller as 10s then. We still need to get some points and Melkersen gets ragdolled by most defenders so can't be our no9.

BSEJVT
17-04-2022, 06:37 AM

2 players I have never understood appearing in the worst x hibs players threads are Hurtado and Zarabi

Neither were here very long and weren't brilliant but Hurtado did score goals which alone should exempt him from some of the other striking luminaries mentioned and there are a load worse left-backs we have had than Zarabi.

How he appears in some lists and Kujabi doesn't just astonishes me.

Scott has been very very poor for Hibs, looks like the classic guy who got a big contract and enjoyed the life it gives him and his football went to hell

Potty78
17-04-2022, 07:01 AM
2 players I have never understood appearing in the worst x hibs players threads are Hurtado and Zarabi

Neither were here very long and weren't brilliant but Hurtado did score goals which alone should exempt him from some of the other striking luminaries mentioned and there are a load worse left-backs we have had than Zarabi.

How he appears in some lists and Kujabi doesn't just astonishes me.

Scott has been very very poor for Hibs, looks like the classic guy who got a big contract and enjoyed the life it gives him and his football went to hell
Hurtardo scored once for Hibs👍

Chorley Hibee
17-04-2022, 07:24 AM

Just watched that on the highlights and his attempt to close down was a disgrace.

Sums up his chicken hearted performances since he arrived at ER.

BlackSheep
17-04-2022, 07:26 AM
Forgot about him 😂

Kuqi, Trakys, Duffy and Matulevicius

Matulevicious scored for us…. Gotta put him up the list.

loanheadhibby
17-04-2022, 08:20 AM
Have you highlighted McGinn gifting the ball to simms for the first

No I haven't but fair point.

MWHIBBIES
17-04-2022, 08:34 AM
Matulevicious scored for us…. Gotta put him up the list.

Yeah, no way he can be there. Literally never even started 1 match. Mightve been decent.

thebausburst
17-04-2022, 10:18 AM
How come we now sign strikers that can’t actually score goals, must have the worst ‘strikers’ in the league.

The Modfather
17-04-2022, 10:39 AM
A terrible signing but played well yesterday, particularly in the second half. A glimpse that there’s a player in there but we’ll still be well rid of him come the summer. Hope we play the likes of Melkerson and the U18s until the end of the season.

bigwheel
17-04-2022, 10:41 AM
Probably an outlier view, but I wonder if had been given more starting game time, we would have seen a lot better from him . Must be really hard to make an impact when you get 10 minutes every three weeks …

theonlywayisup
17-04-2022, 10:49 AM
Probably an outlier view, but I wonder if had been given more starting game time, we would have seen a lot better from him . Must be really hard to make an impact when you get 10 minutes every three weeks …

Yes, agree and have said the same with Wright. However, I counter this by saying that if he's brought on for only 10 minutes then he would be giving 110% to show the manager that he deserves a starting position. Many teams have that "super-sub" person who comes on and the crowd are lifted by the players attitude and desire. James Scott has neve shown that.

Don't want to end on a negative - I though he did well yesterday and showed there is a player there. Thought he held up the ball really well. Just needed a Boyle type person up with him that he could link with.

overdrive
17-04-2022, 10:53 AM
His ‘performance’ yesterday pretty much reflected the team’s overall performance… did the minimum expected with some effort but nothing great. Slower than a week in Saughton.

Brightside
17-04-2022, 11:02 AM
One good game. Is he after a contract?

I'm_cabbaged
17-04-2022, 11:26 AM
If he was a a true striker he would’ve scored the one that came off the post. He just stood there watching instead of following the ball into the net.
Disclaimer: I haven’t watched the highlights yet, so I may be wrong 😂

Thegreenside
Played okay, gave the absolute minimum of putting in a good shift but done little to influence the game with the ball

MWHIBBIES
How come we now sign strikers that can’t actually score goals, must have the worst ‘strikers’ in the league.

Like who?

Hibernian Verse
17-04-2022, 11:28 AM
Like who?

I know what you’re getting at but he doesn’t need to qualify who to sign, he isn’t a paid member of the scouting team who’s job it is.

MWHIBBIES
17-04-2022, 11:35 AM
I know what you’re getting at but he doesn’t need to qualify who to sign, he isn’t a paid member of the scouting team who’s job it is.

No, I mean who are our strikers than don't score? Our strikers do score, they're just never fit.

And Scott is dreadful

Callum_62
17-04-2022, 11:46 AM
If he was a a true striker he would’ve scored the one that came off the post. He just stood there watching instead of following the ball into the net.
Disclaimer: I haven’t watched the highlights yet, so I may be wrong [emoji23]Yep, you are definately wrong

hibsquaker
17-04-2022, 12:17 PM
Looking at the replies, he definitely makes the worst Hibs 11.

Dr What If?
17-04-2022, 12:18 PM
I saw him pay for Scotland U21s a few months back against Turkey and its no exaggeration to say he was Turkey's best player. When we got into the danger areas he either gave the ball away with poor control or took a shot that would clear the stand. It sticks in my mind as just how bad the display was.

Not seen much of him at Hibs but yesterday aside there has been nothing there from what I have seen to suggest he is good enough for this level. Even yesterday where he raised his game considerably he was only decent, he wasn't outstanding.

He is a young Scottish striker though and I would love it if he hit a brace in each of our last 5 games, show us he is a player, give the club a call to make....can't see it though.

bigwheel
17-04-2022, 12:44 PM
I saw him pay for Scotland U21s a few months back against Turkey and its no exaggeration to say he was Turkey's best player. When we got into the danger areas he either gave the ball away with poor control or took a shot that would clear the stand. It sticks in my mind as just how bad the display was.

Not seen much of him at Hibs but yesterday aside there has been nothing there from what I have seen to suggest he is good enough for this level. Even yesterday where he raised his game considerably he was only decent, he wasn't outstanding.

He is a young Scottish striker though and I would love it if he hit a brace in each of our last 5 games, show us he is a player, give the club a call to make....can't see it though.

Interesting that and a balanced view. Thanks for sharing [emoji106]

Winston Ingram
17-04-2022, 07:10 PM

It’s baffled me the stick he’s got. We’ve barely seen him.

Unseen work
17-04-2022, 07:28 PM

I’m the same as you, the abuse he gets is way OTT imo.

Very difficult to come on and make a difference in a 5 minute spell once a month.

Hibiza
17-04-2022, 07:54 PM
A disaster of a loan signing.

Not In The Know
17-04-2022, 08:00 PM
Did he actually play that well? His attempt to close down Kingsley for their second goal for me summed up his whole spell here. Half arsed.

jacomo
17-04-2022, 08:32 PM

He hardly played in the autumn because he was unfit and not training hard enough.

He’s had plenty of minutes since to make an impression, and achieved f all.

jacomo
17-04-2022, 08:33 PM
Did he actually play that well? His attempt to close down Kingsley for their second goal for me summed up his whole spell here. Half arsed.

He looked like he was really trying the first 20 minutes, then reverted to jogging and pointing. He contributed nothing of note yesterday.

loanheadhibby
17-04-2022, 08:37 PM
I’m the same as you, the abuse he gets is way OTT imo.

Very difficult to come on and make a difference in a 5 minute spell once a month.

Turn that round on Scott. Why has he not been starting? We’ve been missing at least 1 striker all season and he still has not done enough in training to convince 2 managers to give him a chance!

And when he does make a rare appearance, he offers nothing.

Now compare him to Simms for that manky mob.

It’s an embarrassment all round.

ErinGoBraghHFC
17-04-2022, 08:40 PM
Anyone pictured training in a snood can get ****ed. However he put in a good shift yesterday and played well by his standards