PDA

View Full Version : It's a mess and Ron is to blame

Hibees1973
09-04-2022, 05:14 PM
It's been painful watching the club deteriorate over the last couple of years. Today summed it all up. Don't think anyone on this forum is surprised.

Ron Gordon and him alone has overseen good people leave the club and he has replaced them with inferior people at every level. He now has the people he wants at the helm and he should shoulder the blame. The people in key positions at the club and Ron are all failing.

We have a rookie manager, a rookie Chief Exec (Kensall) and Ron's son as head of recruitment. This is incompetent management. There is now a real disconnect between the support and the club.

I'm no fan of Maloney. He is naive and his lack of experience is there for all to see. It's embarrassing. All the things I hope he wouldn't do, he has done. The sooner he goes the better. We badly need a manager just now with experience.

The vast majority of player signings are not good enough and won't be here long.

All of this is insignificant if Ron remains at Hibs. There must be wealthy, Hibs minded people out there with a genuine love for the club looking on that would do a better job than Ron.

I won't be back until this clown Ron Gordon is away from Hibs. He should take his son, Kensall & Maloney with him.

Sioux
09-04-2022, 05:18 PM
It's been painful watching the club deteriorate over the last couple of years. Today summed it all up. Don't think anyone on this forum is surprised.

Ron Gordon and him alone has overseen good people leave the club and he has replaced them with inferior people at every level. He now has the people he wants at the helm and he should shoulder the blame. The people in key positions at the club and Ron are all failing.

We have a rookie manager, a rookie Chief Exec (Kensall) and Ron's son as head of recruitment. This is incompetent management. There is now a real disconnect between the support and the club.

I'm no fan of Maloney. He is naive and his lack of experience is there for all to see. It's embarrassing. All the things I hope he wouldn't do, he has done. The sooner he goes the better. We badly need a manager just now with experience.

The vast majority of player signings are not good enough and won't be here long.

All of this is insignificant if Ron remains at Hibs. There must be wealthy, Hibs minded people out there with a genuine love for the club looking on that would do a better job than Ron.

I won't be back until this clown Ron Gordon is away from Hibs. He should take his son, Kensall & Maloney with him.

Of course there is. They've just been hiding for 50 years. :rolleyes:

Tha Cabbage Kid
09-04-2022, 05:18 PM
I'm sticking with Maloney!
I don't want to get rid of him yet.
Even if we don't make the final

He needs time to bed his plan into the club.

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

Steven79
09-04-2022, 05:19 PM

Sent from my moto g(8) power using TapatalkHearts fan?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

LunasBoots
09-04-2022, 05:21 PM
The whole running of the club is to blame, replacing football minded folk with well people who don't have a clue.

superfurryhibby
Ron Gordon ate my hamster.

MWHIBBIES

WHY? WHY SHOULD A TOTALLY UNPROVEN MANAGER be allowed time to probably make an even bigger mess? Give a good, proven manager time sure. Don't give a ****ing clueless one keys to the castle.

hibbydad
Hearts fan?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Maloney is clueless

Since452
Alarming turnaround in less than 12 months. We didn't strengthen the squad to try and get in the ECL group stages. Look at us now. Nice fancy screens though.

GreenCastle
09-04-2022, 05:23 PM
I don’t think it’s Ron - he’s just appointed Ben who has ripped up the staff at the club and made some questionable decisions.

He’s pretty ruthless and that can work both ways but the bottom line is what is on show right now isn’t enjoyable and many fans have fallen out of love with the club.

Rick Rude
09-04-2022, 05:24 PM

Who are the good people who have left that would have had us sitting 3rd and winning today? Dempster who was in charge for our lowest finish in living memory? Mathie who led the disaster of a recruitment into this season?

hibsquaker
09-04-2022, 05:27 PM
Martindale worked out Maloney ball very quickly at Easter Road. Made a simple change and bingo got an easy win at Easter Road for Livi. Maloney on the other hand has plan A. I don't think he realises you are also allowed a plan B. Arrogant and ultimately clueless.

GreenCastle
09-04-2022, 05:27 PM
Alarming turnaround in less than 12 months. We didn't strengthen the squad to try and get in the ECL group stages. Look at us now. Nice fancy screens though.

I want to say it’s typical Hibs but would expect this from the old regime not to push on - we had several opportunities for cups last season and seriously messed them up.

Been a downward spiral since.

Tha Cabbage Kid
09-04-2022, 05:33 PM
Hearts fan?

Sent from my SM-G960F using TapatalkSure mate.

Ok assuming we get rid of Maloney now. Who do you suggest we get in?

I think with time Maloney will get it right and we will start to punishing teams.

Looked like we are carrying a lot of injuries just now. Jasper, rocky, Hanlon, doig, mcgennis, doidge, nesbit, Macey, porteous, Clarke, all recently or continually suffering form injuries

Sat what you want but bed wetting ain't going to get us where we want to be. I'm pissed of about the result too but Maloney hasn't been with us long enough to get the message through. If melkersen scored that goal in the first half to make it two we would have went on to win that game.

Swedish hibee
09-04-2022, 05:35 PM
He hasn't got the right men under him to run the day to day running of our club. It happens in business everywhere, but unfortunately it's happening to us.

Steven79
09-04-2022, 05:35 PM
Sure mate.
If melkersen scored that goal in the first half to make it two we would have went on to win that game.

If, If, If...

It's all we have had over the past 12 months.

If's and buts don't win you games.

Tha Cabbage Kid
09-04-2022, 05:36 PM
If, If, If...

It's all we have had over the past 12 months.

If's and buts don't win you games.And sacking every manager after a Derby defeat doesn't either

Lendo
09-04-2022, 05:37 PM

A part from the 3rd place finish and several trips to Hampden?

Baldy Foghorn
09-04-2022, 05:38 PM
Sure mate.

I think with time Maloney will get it right and we will start to punishing teams.

Looked like we are carrying a lot of injuries just now. Jasper, rocky, Hanlon, doig, mcgennis, doidge, nesbit, Macey, porteous, Clarke, all recently or continually suffering form injuries

Sat what you want but bed wetting ain't going to get us where we want to be. I'm pissed of about the result too but Maloney hasn't been with us long enough to get the message through. If melkersen scored that goal in the first half to make it two we would have went on to win that game.

Think it was given as offside anyway

Hibernia&Alba
09-04-2022, 05:39 PM
It feels like we were given the American hype by Ron Gordon, but so far it's been underwhelming. I'm still not sure why he wanted to buy Hibs, to be honest. It was a strange thing for a guy with no connection to the club to do. However, it's his club, so what can we do? Hopefully he knows how to sort out our problems.

Crab apple
09-04-2022, 05:40 PM
It’s a good question. I still think the disaster that was the summer transfer window has cost us massively, as many on here predicted it would. RG seems to have blamed Mathie for this so he was fired. It ultimately cost JR his job. I think JR had to go because of the run we were on. I was surprised when RG appointed Maloney and the loathsome Caldwell. Selling Boyler and largely bringing in young players with potential seems like a flawed recruitment strategy to me. We need experienced players with leadership qualities and we need a proven goal scorer as we have done for some time. The current management team combined with the recruitment strategy we are following is a huge risk and if it doesn’t pay off then RG will be fully to blame.

Tha Cabbage Kid
09-04-2022, 05:40 PM
Think it was given as offside anywayNo not that one. The one from the cross in where he flicked it over the bar. Similar to his first goal for the club

Nicho87
09-04-2022, 05:41 PM
Thread title bang on

We’ve lost the club side

A mere sponsorship slut

SlickShoes
This thread is trash because it has us deteriorating over two years, one of which we finished 3rd.

This season as been catastrophic but I don’t think any one person is to blame.

Unseen work
I don’t doubt his intentions, I just think he’s incredibly naive.

He thinks he can come in and make traditional Scottish football more modern. Fair play to him and I love his enthusiasm.

But giving Ross a new (deserved imo) contract in the summer, renewing about 7 players contracts in November and then sacking Ross in December 2 weeks before a final is just baffling.

Re Kensell he’s got a good CV and again I don’t doubt his intentions and think he’ll do a lot of good.

I think they’ve crumbed to the fans wanting a certain style of football instead of realising as a whole we were in a good position under Ross as a whole and a January transfer window might have kicked us on again. It might not have, but I think he had enough credit in the bank.

Baldy Foghorn
09-04-2022, 05:43 PM
I'm not a fan of RG, no surprise to anyone.

I think some failings, are we have got priorities wrong, in terms of screens and other things like being "green". The window in Jan was poor, make no bones about it, and unfortunately the lack of quality signed and a brutal injury list, is coming to bite us on the bahookie.

Baldy Foghorn
09-04-2022, 05:45 PM
No not that one. The one from the cross in where he flicked it over the bar. Similar to his first goal for the club

Ah sorry TCK

Alfred E Newman
09-04-2022, 05:45 PM
It feels like we were given the American hype by Ron Gordon, but so far it's been underwhelming. I'm still not sure why he wanted to buy Hibs, to be honest. It was a strange thing for a guy with no connection to the club to do. However, it's his club, so what can we do? Hopefully he knows how to sort out our problems.

I wonder if there is any coincidence in the fact that Dave Cormack is also making a pigs ear of it at Aberdeen.

Tha Cabbage Kid
09-04-2022, 05:53 PM
I'm not a fan of RG, no surprise to anyone.

I think some failings, are we have got priorities wrong, in terms of screens and other things like being "green". The window in Jan was poor, make no bones about it, and unfortunately the lack of quality signed and a brutal injury list, is coming to bite us on the bahookie.If Ron is here for the long haul then we can't expect him to do a Romanov and throw all his money at it at once for short term gain.
Everyone expect things just to click in a heartbeat and it rarely works like that. He is spending the money albeit not a lot but he needs to get a feel for the club first. I expect him to spend bigger in the summer. Two good strikers for sure.

I think with time Maloney gets it right. Sorry if that upsets people on here. It's not a good time to ruffle people's feathers [emoji58]

Baldy Foghorn
09-04-2022, 06:07 PM
If Ron is here for the long haul then we can't expect him to do a Romanov and throw all his money at it at once for short term gain.
Everyone expect things just to click in a heartbeat and it rarely works like that. He is spending the money albeit not a lot but he needs to get a feel for the club first. I expect him to spend bigger in the summer. Two good strikers for sure.

I think with time Maloney gets it right. Sorry if that upsets people on here. It's not a good time to ruffle people's feathers [emoji58]

I admire your confidence in SM, I don't see it. It's not working at moment, how much money will it cost to get a team in to play his system? I'm actually sickened by us tonight

eastmainsmsh
09-04-2022, 06:10 PM
Ben Kensell was brought in at Norwich to help save money really worried way things are going when Leann decided to move on that raised alarm 🚨

Tha Cabbage Kid
09-04-2022, 06:13 PM
I admire your confidence in SM, I don't see it. It's not working at moment, how much money will it cost to get a team in to play his system? I'm actually sickened by us tonightBaldy, I am too mate. But we have a young team who need encouragement. If we abandon them now we won't have a chance in the semi. To be honest it will be hard for us next week if we don't pick ourselves up.

hibsquaker
09-04-2022, 06:15 PM
If they wanted to introduce Maloney ball then they should have done it in the Summer. There was no impending reason to sack Ross mid season and introduce a rookie. It's not as if we were in danger of relegation or missing out of top six.

Zambernardi1875
09-04-2022, 06:20 PM
I said at 1-0 up, would you rather win today than next week and the guys I was with said next week, seen all this before and wouldn’t be surprised with winning next week

PolmontHibby
09-04-2022, 06:21 PM
If Ron is here for the long haul then we can't expect him to do a Romanov and throw all his money at it at once for short term gain.

I will be very surprised if RG were to spend his money in the summer, he has said club will be self financing and nothing in the latest accounts seems to change his statement (£125k from US parent to fund transfers in last 2 years that I can see, probably some US link to Mueller for that one made sense).

It is the money of Hibernian Football Club that is being spent, and the vast majority of that comes from supporters such as ourselves (and then loans from Scottish Goverment in recent times) - personally I am not too impressed on how our clubs cash is being spent.

Gerard
09-04-2022, 06:22 PM

Are you sure only your hampster:wink:

superfurryhibby
09-04-2022, 06:22 PM
Ben Kensell was brought in at Norwich to help save money really worried way things are going when Leann decided to move on that raised alarm 🚨

Leeann was making a bit of a **** of it before she left. Her time was up.

MWHIBBIES
09-04-2022, 06:23 PM

Yep. That really worried me. Dempster wasn't flawless but she really cared and really worked hard to make us a good side and bring pride back to the club. She was someone we could trust to look after our club. These idiots have no idea.

Pretty Boy
09-04-2022, 06:29 PM
Gordon is untouchable in the eyes of some but I don't see why. If this season had unfolded under STF and Petrie people would have been demanding blood.

A lot of talk and fancy ideas but I have seen absolutely nothing that suggests he understands how to be a success in Scottish football. His masterplan seems to be 'find ways to get fans to spend more money'.

No doubt he is a successful businessman but his personal wealth is significantly lower than the man he replaced and his acumen in that world doesn't seem to stretch to the peculiar world of Scottish football. I find myself increasingly wondering why he is here and what his end game is. It's most certainly not a smart business or financial investment and if it's an ego trip then Scotland is a strange place to choose.

Rondon
09-04-2022, 06:30 PM

He owns the club.

He employs people to do jobs.

He doesn’t sign players, doesn’t pick or coach the team and doesn’t play for us.

You can’t completely blame him for this

PolmontHibby
09-04-2022, 06:31 PM
Gordon is untouchable in the eyes of some but I don't see why. If this season had unfolded under STF and Petrie people would have been demanding blood.

A lot of talk and fancy ideas but I have seen absolutely nothing that suggests he understands how to be a success in Scottish football. His masterplan seems to be 'find ways to get fans to spend more money'.

No doubt he is a successful businessman but his personal wealth is significantly lower than the man he replaced and his acumen in that world doesn't seem to stretch to the peculiar world of Scottish football. I find myself increasingly wondering why he is here and what his end game is. It's most certainly not a smart business or financial investment and if it's an ego trip then Scotland is a strange place to choose.

100% spot on.

MWHIBBIES
09-04-2022, 06:33 PM
He owns the club.

He employs people to do jobs.

He doesn’t sign players, doesn’t pick or coach the team and doesn’t play for us.

You can’t completely blame him for this

He employed all the idiots who are failing. He is 100% to blame.

Rondon
09-04-2022, 06:40 PM

Yeah but surely he gets a 2nd chance before we demand he sells up?

And just to add look at the amount of diddy managers and players we had under farmer.

More than I care to even try and remember

Zambernardi1875
09-04-2022, 06:41 PM
I’d be astonished.
Today was a training game for them today, a nothing game while for us it was make or break.
We are broken.
We are where we are, a mess?
Ron appointed SM knowing he was replacing an experienced manager with a rookie, bottom 6 and potential relegation must have been considered and accepted.

Replaced an experienced failure, appointing maloney doesn’t mean Ross was successful.

loanheadhibby
09-04-2022, 06:44 PM
Sure mate.

I admire your optimism but punishing teams - really.

heid the baw
09-04-2022, 06:49 PM
This season you can be bang average and get top 6. Motherwell squeezed in with a last minute goal, otherwise Livi would have been top half and the Well would have been bottom 6 along with Hibs, Aberdeen and last season double winning saints. Just a weird season. Whoever gets 4th will be papped out of Europe at the first hurdle.
For us, the loss of Boyle and injuries have played a huge part.
Ron Gordon ect need to evaluate this season and learn from it.
I'll be back next season and for now I will reserve judgement.

Real Emerald
09-04-2022, 06:50 PM
Selling Boyle at the time we did will come back to haunt us. It was the worst decision Hibs made. We could end up losing more than we got for him, it’s unforgivable.

May21/05/16
09-04-2022, 06:51 PM
The rockers are out tonight

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

vercol36
09-04-2022, 06:52 PM

I'm all for blaming Ron Gordon, but hamsters are little c*nts to be fair.

Gatecrasher
09-04-2022, 06:55 PM

100% some of the stuff being thrown our way in terms of promotions and club partnerships are weird and I don't like it. Trying to get people into buying scam type things like NFTs for example.

He seems more and more clear that he's clueless about running a club and the nuance of Scottish football as things go on.

A Hi-Bee
09-04-2022, 06:56 PM
I'm all for blaming Ron Gordon, but hamsters are little c*nts to be fair.

No much eating on them either.

Tha Cabbage Kid
09-04-2022, 07:01 PM
I admire your optimism but punishing teams - really.Yeah doesn't look to realistic at the moment eh? But given time I think we will get a lot better

GreenGray
09-04-2022, 07:03 PM
His son as head of recruitment is the worst thing about it. It’s Sunday league stuff, no background in football and he’s our head of recruitment? Shocking for a professional club.

The Pointer
09-04-2022, 07:11 PM
I'm longish in the tooth so have seen many awful managers who just haven't been good enough for Hibs, so this is just another period of mediocrity we'll have to endure.

Sure, I'll give Maloney next season but I see nothing that will change if he can't inspire the current bunch of players to get a win against other bang average teams. I haven't been to many games this season but saw the Utd game last weekend and we were worryingly poor despite the second half change in tempo. His post-match interview today was hesitant and gave me no confidence for the future, so goodness knows what Gordon saw in him.

I've just watched the Dundee derby and saw 100% more fight from Dundee than I've seen from Hibs, and they played as a team, which is worrying for the rest of the season.

Relating to another thread, I feel a lot of disconnect with the club which I haven't felt before and it all stems from Ron Gordon's takeover, making the club more 'political' and the changing of personnel who aren't 'Hibs' people. We're not a corporation, we're a club, and to work for Hibs, you have to be a Hibby or 'get' the club.

Baldy Foghorn
09-04-2022, 07:12 PM

Great post PB, to me an ego trip, especially when we weren't his 1st choice. Timing of STF wanting to sell fell into his lap, to be honest

Greencore
09-04-2022, 07:20 PM
Great post PB, to me an ego trip, especially when we weren't his 1st choice. Timing of STF wanting to sell fell into his lap, to be honest

How do you know we weren't his first choice??

The Pointer
09-04-2022, 07:20 PM
His son as head of recruitment is the worst thing about it. It’s Sunday league stuff, no background in football and he’s our head of recruitment? Shocking for a professional club.

Yip, this is the sort of thing I was alluding to in my post above.

He doesn't need to be a Hibby in that position, but what is his experience and knowledge of, not just Scottish football, but football in general? After the 'Leeann years', I expected us to move up to another level, which I'm sure Gordon intended, but going by the standard of players now at the club his appointments have been a retrograde step.

Baldy Foghorn
09-04-2022, 07:23 PM
How do you know we weren't his first choice??

Thought it was common knowledge, I asked him about it when I 1st met him. I asked why he bought Hibs.

GreenGray
09-04-2022, 07:25 PM
Yip, this is the sort of thing I was alluding to in my post above.

He doesn't need to be a Hibby in that position, but what is his experience and knowledge of, not just Scottish football, but football in general? After the 'Leeann years', I expected us to move up to another level, which I'm sure Gordon intended, but going by the standard of players now at the club his appointments have been a retrograde step.

100% at least under Leann there was a clear recruitment system in place and majority of signings were decent, who knows what our system is at the moment but it’s not working.

heid the baw
09-04-2022, 07:26 PM
Selling Boyle at the time we did will come back to haunt us. It was the worst decision Hibs made. We could end up losing more than we got for him, it’s unforgivable.

The wages being offered to Boyle were a huge factor. He needed to take the opportunity. Not sure you can lay that one at anyone's door

SeanWilson
09-04-2022, 07:31 PM
Sure mate.

If you’re actually a hibs fan, you’re off your head. It was clear 3 weeks in it was a shocker of an appointment.

Percy Vere
09-04-2022, 07:34 PM

What a surprise
Utter nonsense
This team has had significantly more investment since RG came in.
Give Maloney a window and a full squad then let’s see.
Ps yes second half was rubbish today, but doesn’t warrant this errant nonsense

Skol
09-04-2022, 07:36 PM
If you’re actually a hibs fan, you’re off your head. It was clear 3 weeks in it was a shocker of an appointment.

That’s not true. Three weeks in we had two wins in two and were in the winter break. However the return in the cup was where it became clear we had issues and had regressed.

Hibees1973
09-04-2022, 07:39 PM
A part from the 3rd place finish and several trips to Hampden?

That's in the past and key people who achieved this over the last couple of years have been punted. Ross & Mathie were deemed not good enough by Ron and have been sacked.

Does Ron's son have better qualifications to be the Recruitment guy than Mathie. No. Also, did Maloney have more experience and qualifications than Ross to be the manager. No.

The guys that Ron Gordon has appointed have been horrendous and this is why the whole club is on the decline.

Ron Gordon is 100% culpable for the disgraceful league position this season and the disconnect between the club and the support.

We need a competent owner pronto or this decline is not going to stop.

bigwheel
09-04-2022, 07:41 PM
What a surprise
Utter nonsense
Ps yes second half was rubbish today, but doesn’t warrant this errant nonsense

Tbh. I’m not one for over exaggerated criticism …but it’s hard to argue with most of the points on the post you quoted …the club appears to be a shadow of what it was when Gordon bought it , and the team too …. he’s been at the helm and has to take accountability.

dp00
09-04-2022, 07:42 PM
The amount of people who have left hibs over the last few years from various areas of the football club should have been the alarm bells. I’ve said it for a while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tha Cabbage Kid
09-04-2022, 07:43 PM
What a surprise
Utter nonsense
Ps yes second half was rubbish today, but doesn’t warrant this errant nonsenseAgree

loanheadhibby
09-04-2022, 07:43 PM
I’d be astonished.
Today was a training game for them today, a nothing game while for us it was make or break.
We are broken.
We are where we are, a mess?
Ron appointed SM knowing he was replacing an experienced manager with a rookie, bottom 6 and potential relegation must have been considered and accepted.

That’s the most frightening part. They had nothing to play for today and won it in 2/3 gear. We had everything to play for today.

Tha Cabbage Kid
09-04-2022, 07:45 PM
If you’re actually a hibs fan, you’re off your head. It was clear 3 weeks in it was a shocker of an appointment.Sean with that comment you seem off your head. 3 weeks in? What was the disaster 3 weeks in?

MWHIBBIES
09-04-2022, 07:54 PM
Yeah but surely he gets a 2nd chance before we demand he sells up?

And just to add look at the amount of diddy managers and players we had under farmer.

More than I care to even try and remember

He needs to actually earn that 2nd chance by humbling himself and getting rid of the idiots causing this mess.

snedzuk
09-04-2022, 07:54 PM

Does that make you slightlylessfurry hibby

number9dream
09-04-2022, 08:04 PM

Absolutely.
We’ve got Maloney, Baloney and Swiss Tony (dead ringer for Ben K and a lot more convincing as a businessman).
Missing the top six behind three teams with nowhere near our resources is a colossal embarrassment.

James Stephen
09-04-2022, 08:20 PM
The amount of people who have left hibs over the last few years from various areas of the football club should have been the alarm bells. I’ve said it for a while

Hibs fans laughed at Romanov when he appointed his son to an important position at Hearts.

greenpaper55
09-04-2022, 08:20 PM
We are where we are in the league down to the chairman’s spending power, Hearts have more money than us so they buy slightly better players , it’s not rocket science that they are a wee bit better than us.

Silky
09-04-2022, 08:35 PM
WHY? WHY SHOULD A TOTALLY UNPROVEN MANAGER be allowed time to probably make an even bigger mess? Give a good, proven manager time sure. Don't give a ****ing clueless one keys to the castle.

We had a good, proven manager. Did we give him time?

The Captain....
09-04-2022, 08:45 PM
Not a fan of the way the club is being run at all.

Knee jerk decisions to deflect blame were taken by those in charge. That's not leadership.

Decisions after that are looking disastrous..CEO, manager and head of recruitment all ****ing useless bull****ters imo.

Just a shell company now to hopefully showcase a couple of young players that can be punted for profit. Losing our identity week on week.

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

The Harp Awakes
09-04-2022, 09:41 PM
We had a good, proven manager. Did we give him time?

First post tonight. Not going to follow the majority and slag off our owner, Manager and everyone else connected with the Club. We've got a massive game next weekend which I think we can still win and we all must pull together.

But I absolutely hate p1sh posts like this. Jack Ross is yesterday's man. He had a great opportunity and along with a long list of Hibernian Managers won us nowt. My happiest periods watching Hibs since 2016 was under Neil Lennon - a time when we went to Glasgow and never feared Rangers or Celtic. We played some great football under Lennon albeit it turned sour towards the end. However, he is also yesterday's man.

Naval gazing at what happened in the past is a waste of everyone's time. Onwards and upwards. Shaun needs a close season to sort things out. He inherited a completely imbalanced squad which is the fault of the previous incumbents.

BroxburnHibee
09-04-2022, 09:51 PM

Meanwhile he owns a prime piece of real estate in Edinburgh.

Worrying.

NAE NOOKIE
09-04-2022, 10:16 PM
And sacking every manager after a Derby defeat doesn't either

This is not about the derby mate, though it is often the straw that breaks the camel's back as Pat Fenlon will tell you. This is one win in 13 games with a derby spanking being just the latest poor result. Never mind Maloney, there are few managers in this day and age who can survive such a poor record. I wont say he has one game to save his job because I don't think Hibs will sack him even if we do lose next Saturday. But how many fans will want to pay £400 or more to watch a team that can barely muster a win at home and play football that creates 3 chances per game?

Real Emerald
09-04-2022, 10:28 PM
The wages being offered to Boyle were a huge factor. He needed to take the opportunity. Not sure you can lay that one at anyone's door
He was under contract and we were struggling for players. His future wages are not Hibs or Hibs fans concerns. Being in the bottom six, a possible relegation battle and shedding thousands of season tickets are Hibs concerns. I don’t care what Boyle earns now.

Iain G
09-04-2022, 10:59 PM
Meanwhile he owns a prime piece of real estate in Edinburgh.

Worrying.

Would hardly call Easter Road prime real estate 🤣

Callum_62
09-04-2022, 11:02 PM
He was under contract and we were struggling for players. His future wages are not Hibs or Hibs fans concerns. Being in the bottom six, a possible relegation battle and shedding thousands of season tickets are Hibs concerns. I don’t care what Boyle earns now.Boyle wanted to go to set his family up for life

Footballers aren't robots and hibs done the right thing by the player

We didn't replace him properly or even well enough temporarily but we were right to let him go once the club met our valuation

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

CentreLine
09-04-2022, 11:05 PM

Yes but a salutary lesson for people that protest for the manager’s head every time there is a dip in form. Sometimes the devil you know is a whole lot better than you think.

Callum_62
09-04-2022, 11:16 PM
Yes but a salutary lesson for people that protest for the manager’s head every time there is a dip in form. Sometimes the devil you know is a whole lot better than you think.Don't expect many to agree with your very valid point

As I pointed out before we would have demanded Martindale and Malky Mackay be sacked before they had a chance to turn anything around

mokie
09-04-2022, 11:19 PM

your clueless mate is Hanlon is given a starting place when he’s fit. Utter guff

Iain G
09-04-2022, 11:23 PM
Absolutely.
We’ve got Maloney, Baloney and Swiss Tony (dead ringer for Ben K and a lot more convincing as a businessman).
Missing the top six behind three teams with nowhere near our resources is a colossal embarrassment.

You must be easily embarrassed, it's football, it happens, you get over it and move forward. It's hardly the end of the world as some seem to be suggesting

Real Emerald
09-04-2022, 11:25 PM
Boyle wanted to go to set his family up for life

Footballers aren't robots and hibs done the right thing by the player

We didn't replace him properly or even well enough temporarily but we were right to let him go once the club met our valuation

Hibs needed to keep him on when we were struggling. We obviously want players to do well but not to the detriment of the club. We are now in a very bad position which we wouldn’t be if Boyle was still here. It was the wrong timing to sell him and season ticket sales will plummet due to our position, Boyles wages should be lower down the prioritise than Hibernian Football Club’s well-being.

Callum_62
09-04-2022, 11:27 PM
Hibs needed to keep him on when we were struggling. We obviously want players to do well but not to the detriment of the club. We are now in a very bad position which we wouldn’t be if Boyle was still here. It was the wrong timing to sell him and season ticket sales will plummet due to our position, Boyles wages should be lower down the prioritise than Hibernian Football Club’s well-being.You've no idea how Boyle would have reacted to us denying the oppournity to set himself and his family up for life

I know that I certainly would not brush that off easily if my employer done the same

It would also be a poor look for our club who's who model is based on developing and selling on for a profit

Selling him as was his wish was correct

We didn't get who we wanted in and Jasper is pretty unconvincing for me

Real Emerald
09-04-2022, 11:42 PM
You've no idea how Boyle would have reacted to us denying the oppournity to set himself and his family up for life

I know that I certainly would not brush that off easily if my employer done the same

It would also be a poor look for our club who's who model is based on developing and selling on for a profit

Selling him as was his wish wasn't correct

We didn't get who we wanted in and Jasper is pretty unconvincing for me

We only needed to tell him he was under contract and under the circumstances with our lack of forward players and injuries selling him in January would be catastrophic for the club, which it was. Martin Boyle would have had to accept it and would be better than anything we have on the pitch just now. Imagine selling our only goal threat half way through a season and ending up in the bottom six. It’s madness, Ross County above us FFS, but hey Martin is fine.

Im sorry mate but I’m efn livid at our situation.

Callum_62
09-04-2022, 11:44 PM
We only needed to tell him he was under contract and under the circumstances with our lack forward players and injuries selling him in January would be catastrophic for the club, which it was. Martin Boyle would have had to accept it and would be better than anything we have on the pitch just now. Imagine selling our only goal threat half way through a season and ending up in the bottom six. It’s madness, Ross County above us FFS, but hey Martin is fine.

Im sorry mate but I’m efn livid at our situation.As would have Boyle (rightly) been - which who knows what happens then

cabbageandribs1875
09-04-2022, 11:45 PM
maybe oor Ron could take 500 fans for a trip to somewhere in America :hyper

Acun Illcali: Hull owner will take 500 fans on holiday to Turkey - BBC Sport (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61037690)

Hull City have had some long away days in the Championship this season - Swansea and Bournemouth among them.
But owner Acun Illcali has pitched a very special away trip later this year, albeit not for footballing reasons.

At a fans event on Thursday, Illcali announced plans to take 250 supporters, with one guest each, on a five-star holiday to his home country Turkey this summer.
The winners will be selected from a lottery for June's five-day trip to Antalya.

Real Emerald
09-04-2022, 11:55 PM
As would have Boyle (rightly) been - which who knows what happens then

Why are you concerned about Boyle, he signed a new deal, we had loads of injuries and it was the middle of the season. He needed to buckle down and understand the circumstances. We are now truly phooked and all folk are worried about is how Martin Boyle would feel if we kept him until the season finished. We could end up relegated FFS, I don’t care how Boyle would feel, I want the best for Hibernian FC.

Callum_62
10-04-2022, 12:06 AM
Why are you concerned about Boyle, he signed a new deal, we had loads of injuries and it was the middle of the season. He needed to buckle down and understand the circumstances. We are now truly phooked and all folk are worried about is how Martin Boyle would feel if we kept him until the season finished. We could end up relegated FFS, I don’t care how Boyle would feel, I want the best for Hibernian FC.Again you expectation of Boyle is emotions don't come into it

There's every chance if we kept Boyle he wouldn't have been nearly the same as we had just taken away his chance to make life changing money

I can't mind the figures now but something along the lines of the equivalent of £40,000 per week from a UK based club - astronomical money for someone like Martin Boyle

You'd think he would just shrug his shoulders and say, aye fair enough hibs you have the odd injury

No, he wouldn't have and i wouldn't blame him either

What would it say of our club too? We are trying to attract young Talent who we can sell for profit, we turn down 3 million for boyle when he's champing at the bit to leave its hardly a good sell for other players

Scotty Leither
10-04-2022, 12:07 AM
Why are you concerned about Boyle, he signed a new deal, we had loads of injuries and it was the middle of the season. He needed to buckle down and understand the circumstances. We are now truly phooked and all folk are worried about is how Martin Boyle would feel if we kept him until the season finished. We could end up relegated FFS, I don’t care how Boyle would feel, I want the best for Hibernian FC.

Yup...shades of Petrie selling O'Connor before the 2006 Cup semi final. Crippling lack of ambition, then and now.

Real Emerald
10-04-2022, 12:15 AM
Again you expectation of Boyle is emotions don't come into it

There's every chance if we kept Boyle he wouldn't have been nearly the same as we had just taken away his chance to make life changing money

I can't mind the figures now but something along the lines of the equivalent of £40,000 per week from a UK based club - astronomical money for someone like Martin Boyle

You'd think he would just shrug his shoulders and say, aye fair enough hibs you have the odd injury

What would it say of our club too? We are trying to attract young Talent who we can sell for profit, we turn down 3 million for boyle when he's champing at the bit to leave its hardly a good sell for other players

With all due respect I think all of that is rubbish. An upset Martin Boyle would be 1000 times better than any forward we had on the pitch today. If you actually believe selling Boyle when we did was a good thing then fine but I will NEVER EVER agree with you on that so pointless carrying on. I’m pissed off as it is, so talking nonsense posts is really not helping me. Hopefully in a better mood next Saturday.🤞🙏

stoneyburn hibs
10-04-2022, 12:19 AM
Jack Ross

Callum_62
10-04-2022, 12:24 AM
With all due respect I think all of that is rubbish. An upset Martin Boyle would be 1000 times better than any forward we had on the pitch today. If you actually believe selling Boyle when we did was a good thing then fine but I will NEVER EVER agree with you on that so pointless carrying on. I’m pissed off as it is, so talking nonsense posts is really not helping me. Hopefully in a better mood next Saturday.[emoji1696][emoji120]It's not worked out well but I'm pragmatic enough to understand why the club chose to sell and believe the reasons for doing so were right under the circumstances for the player, with the club obvisouly being happy with the transfer fee too

We haven't replaced him well enough buts that's another issue

Scotty Leither
10-04-2022, 12:37 AM
It's not worked out well but I'm pragmatic enough to understand why the club chose to sell and believe the reasons for doing so were right under the circumstances for the player, with the club obvisouly being happy with the transfer fee too

We haven't replaced him well enough buts that's another issue

Nah, not adequately replacing our top performer is not really "another issue", it's part of the same one.

Sell your best player for big bucks, replace with untried young loan players and expect them to hit the ground running.

Right circumstances for the (in-contract) player, utterly flawed and misguided by the club who could have sold him at the end of the season.

Callum_62
10-04-2022, 12:49 AM
Nah, not adequately replacing our top performer is not really "another issue", it's part of the same one.

Sell your best player for big bucks, replace with untried young loan players and expect them to hit the ground running.

Right circumstances for the (in-contract) player, utterly flawed and misguided by the club who could have sold him at the end of the season.Maybe we could have but the player might never have that contract offer again

We arnt talking about an extra few grand a week here, no club in the uk would come anywhere near they levels of wages

It was a game changer for Martin and the fee we got we probably couldn't have been bettered either

I don't think we have replaced Boyle and have some cash to spend in the better summer window - we had to get a better loan in though when we couldn't get the long term replacement in

Its worked out poorly for us at this stage but again I can see why the club agreed to the players wishes

Stuart93
10-04-2022, 12:55 AM
We’re getting embarrassed next week like we did today. Get Maloney to ****, his times done

Real Emerald
10-04-2022, 01:16 AM
Maybe we could have but the player might never have that contract offer again

We arnt talking about an extra few grand a week here, no club in the uk would come anywhere near they levels of wages

It was a game changer for Martin and the fee we got we probably couldn't have been bettered either

I don't think we have replaced Boyle and have some cash to spend in the better summer window - we had to get a better loan in though when we couldn't get the long term replacement in

Its worked out poorly for us at this stage but again I can see why the club agreed to the players wishes

As Hibs fans and season ticket holders we should never ever be concerned about how wealthy a move for a player is if it puts Hibs in trouble. Selling Martin Boyle at the time we did, with the injuries we had, with the lack of strikers we had was absolutely mental. We got a big fee for him that will more than probably be dwindled away with the loss of income that decision has caused. It was a catastrophically badly timed decision, as was getting rid of Ross and appointing a rookie manager and selling Boyle at the same time. The worst 3 decisions I’ve ever seen by Hibs in such a short period of time. Idiotic management.

Callum_62
10-04-2022, 01:20 AM
As Hibs fans and season ticket holders we should never ever be concerned about how wealthy a move for a player is if it puts Hibs in trouble. Selling Martin Boyle at the time we did, with the injuries we had, with the lack of strikers we had was absolutely mental. We got a big fee for him that will more than probably be dwindled away with the loss of income that decision has caused. It was a catastrophically badly timed decision, as was getting rid of Ross and appointing a rookie manager and selling Boyle at the same time. The worst 3 decisions I’ve ever seen by Hibs in such a short period of time. Idiotic management.In which case we will see all players demanding low value release clauses when they sign for us and or extend there current deals

Not sure that's in the clubs best interests either

You are totally disregarding the players having a say in this

Its one sided and unrealistic

Real Emerald
10-04-2022, 01:30 AM
In which case we will see all players demanding low value release clauses when they sign for us and or extend there current deals

Not sure that's in the clubs best interests either

You are totally disregarding the players having a say in this

Its one sided and unrealistic

It was mid season and we were struggling, the player under contract has no say if we need him. Why are you trying to defend a decision that leaves your club in a shambolic position. The player under contract has to suck it up under these circumstances. Don’t wind me up anymore 😂

Callum_62
10-04-2022, 01:37 AM
It was mid season and we were struggling, the player under contract has no say if we need him. Why are you trying to defend a decision that leaves your club in a shambolic position. The player under contract has to suck it up under these circumstances. Don’t wind me up anymore [emoji23]Your right, the club could have said tough

After Boyle agreed to remove the 500k release clause. The club proceed turn down 3 million and totally unexpected chance for him to earn £2,000,000 a year

They could have done that but don't for a second think that wouldn't have consequences

Players would demand low value clauses when word gets around that's how we operate - you might think thats fine coz we still have Boyle

That would be detrimental long term to our club, hence why I think over the piece I can understand why they sold

Real Emerald
10-04-2022, 01:42 AM
Your right, the club could have said tough

After Boyle agreed to remove the 500k release clause. The club proceed turn down 3 million a chance for him to become a millionaire

They could have done that but don't for a second think that wouldn't have consequences

Players would demand low value clauses when word gets around that's how we operate - you might think thats fine coz we still have Boyle

That would be detrimental long term to our club, hence why I think over the piece I can understand why they sold

So it was a good decision to sell Boyle at the time we did, in your eyes? I don’t agree with that but there’s no point debating it if that’s your opinion which you are entitled to. You, like me, only want the best for Hibs.

hibsforeurope
10-04-2022, 03:17 AM
Selling Boyle is not the reason we’re in this mess. He was 1 player, the squad shouldn’t have been allowed to be so reliant on 1 man. Maloney alluded to this recently. If we had proper investment in the squad, been crying out for attacking signings for a few windows before Boyle was sold, we would be this bad now.
The buck has as to stop with the the CEO and Owner, they are in charge of overseeing this **** show.

Haymaker
10-04-2022, 04:26 AM
If we'd signed Cummings and Griffiths in January we would be fine. Disgraceful we didnt.

Ronniekirk
10-04-2022, 04:49 AM
So it was a good decision to sell Boyle at the time we did, in your eyes? I don’t agree with that but there’s no point debating it if that’s your opinion which you are entitled to. You, like me, only want the best for Hibs.

I think ideally he would of stayed to the end of the season but the deal was too good for the player and too good for the club to turn down
They were in relegation trouble and saw boyles goals and assists as a way out of that
Not sure how that has panned out but he was mouse to them next season if they got relegated this season

madhatter
10-04-2022, 05:36 AM
Next week is going to be interesting on so many levels. Petrie used to get rid of managers to take the flak off him. Definitely negatives for shifting Maloney as well, biggest one being its Gordon and Kensell doing a Petrie, deflecting all blame onto manager.

Recruitment and club focus on first team has been shambolic. Truly awful. We've signed an American player because of owner's son, we've signed 2 Norwegian players because of our CEO. What's next, the chef recommending a signing?

No identity and no philosophy and we're going to be like Atletico Madrid...Doubt Simeone signs players that get ragdolled and don't fight.

I don't think change in manager fixes our problems. Might improve it but with such poor player recruitment, lengthy contract renewals for nothing, more suggestions of infrastructure spends, and investments into a B team that doesn't even exist yet, I think we'd struggle to maintain any improvement.

We signed players for a non-existent B team in January and we've missed out on top 6, and made a derby look like boys vs men. In my opinion, that clearly points out the failings of the whole club.

Getting rid of Maloney, even if just, will not deflect from you, Ron and Ben. This is a mess brought on by you.

Dmas
10-04-2022, 05:58 AM
Selling Boyle is not the reason we’re in this mess. He was 1 player, the squad shouldn’t have been allowed to be so reliant on 1 man. Maloney alluded to this recently. If we had proper investment in the squad, been crying out for attacking signings for a few windows before Boyle was sold, we would be this bad now.
The buck has as to stop with the the CEO and Owner, they are in charge of overseeing this **** show.

Agree with your post until the last sentence the making up of the squad was tasked to Mathies recruitment and Jack Ross, kensalls feet where barely under the desk at this time, the rush to blame RG and BK is knee jerk nonsense, we got it massively wrong in the summer left with a hugely unbalanced squad and 2 absolutely woefully desperate signings in wood and Scott, the owner saw this and got rid.
He has ambitious plans if it’s too ambitious time will tell but it doesn’t change overnight and to get the squad assembled under JR to play the attacking football both the owner and manager are aiming for would need a miracle worker it’s going to take time it doesn’t matter if it’s Maloney or Pep patience is required

Heisenberg
10-04-2022, 06:25 AM
Can’t believe how much of a mess those in charge have made of it since our 3rd place finish last season. The summer transfer window was a farce and due to sheer incompetence we ended up with a ***** England youth player and James Scott as our signings for two key positions that needed strengthening and had done for about three seasons.

We then come to the January window with a new head of recruitment, CEO and manager and not one of the signings has made us better. The new manager is also relentlessly trying to shoehorn a squad into his style of play when it clearly isn’t working. Relegation form since he came in.

Absolutely no confidence that anyone at the club will have us improve over the summer coming up.

WestStandMoaner
10-04-2022, 06:27 AM
Agree with your post until the last sentence the making up of the squad was tasked to Mathies recruitment and Jack Ross, kensalls feet where barely under the desk at this time, the rush to blame RG and BK is knee jerk nonsense, we got it massively wrong in the summer left with a hugely unbalanced squad and 2 absolutely woefully desperate signings in wood and Scott, the owner saw this and got rid.
He has ambitious plans if it’s too ambitious time will tell but it doesn’t change overnight and to get the squad assembled under JR to play the attacking football both the owner and manager are aiming for would need a miracle worker it’s going to take time it doesn’t matter if it’s Maloney or Pep patience is required
Rubbish, why can hearts go down bounce right back dominate us and finish third and we need multiple transfer windows. The player signings in January are down to Maloney, Kensal and Gordon not Ross or Mathie. Inept people at every level of the club. Gordon’s son in charge of player recruitment sums it up get all these imposters out. Maloney is clueless and has to go now and Gordon so far is destroying our club nothing ambitious about that

Hibernian Verse
10-04-2022, 06:35 AM
“I won’t be back” from the OP sounds like he’s convincing himself it’s ok to leave his club behind because he can’t take the rough with the smooth.

Cropley10
10-04-2022, 06:37 AM
Rubbish, why can hearts go down bounce right back dominate us and finish third and we need multiple transfer windows. The player signings in January are down to Maloney, Kensal and Gordon not Ross or Mathie. Inept people at every level of the club. Gordon’s son in charge of player recruitment sums it up get all these imposters out. Maloney is clueless and has to go now and Gordon so far is destroying our club nothing ambitious about that

Maloney goes and whoever comes in has EXACTLY the same players to use, what changes? Does the new manager have a magic wand?

Barney McGrew
10-04-2022, 06:53 AM
We’re in a situation where we have an Inexperienced owner, an inexperienced CEO, an inexperienced head of recruitment and an inexperienced manager. At the same time we’ve removed a lot of people who know Scottish football and more importantly understand the club and the bond with supporters.

If Gordon couldn’t for-see that being an issue, then he’s certainly not the shrewd businessman he likes to make himself out to be. It’s poor call after poor call just now.

Ultimately, no amount of cosy chats with players and big screens are going to win him any plaudits when the ‘product’ (as they like to call it) on the park is so poor. The model he’s come in with to buy low, develop and sell high only works if you have the correct players coming in being coached by the right people, and we’re miles away from that right now. The worry then becomes we’ll lose at least one of Doig or Porteous in the summer, and there’s absolutely nothing to suggest that we’ll replace them adequately and we continue to spiral downwards.

A win next week would be both unlikely and very welcome, but it will just paper over the cracks.

JammyDoidger
10-04-2022, 07:10 AM

His plan is fantasy stuff, he's too quiet to even get his point across. Would he motivate you? Can't see players wanting to run through a brick wall for him, he is signing players with even less character than him, I don't think he could handle a dressing room with big characters in it. They'd chase him.

Pretty Boy
10-04-2022, 07:15 AM
Can’t believe how much of a mess those in charge have made of it since our 3rd place finish last season. The summer transfer window was a farce and due to sheer incompetence we ended up with a ***** England youth player and James Scott as our signings for two key positions that needed strengthening and had done for about three seasons.

We then come to the January window with a new head of recruitment, CEO and manager and not one of the signings has made us better. The new manager is also relentlessly trying to shoehorn a squad into his style of play when it clearly isn’t working. Relegation form since he came in.

Absolutely no confidence that anyone at the club will have us improve over the summer coming up.

The head or recruitment wasn't new in January, he was here in the summer as well.

We just didn't have a human sacrifice for him in January because that option was used up in August.

Heisenberg
10-04-2022, 07:22 AM
The head or recruitment wasn't new in January, he was here in the summer as well.

We just didn't have a human sacrifice for him in January because that option was used up in August.

So was Ian Gordon was in charge of recruitment in the summer? I genuinely don’t know. I knew he was at the club already but not in that kind of role.

Dmas
10-04-2022, 07:39 AM
So was Ian Gordon was in charge of recruitment in the summer? I genuinely don’t know. I knew he was at the club already but not in that kind of role.

No he wasn’t Mathie was in charge he dropped the ball selling doig which probably resulted in the need to sell Boyle so late in the jan window, other targets lost desperate scrambles at the end resulting in wood Scott and the mess we found ourselves in with McGrath was a shambles, he was tasked with getting a squad together to qualify for conference league and he failed hugely and sacked JR also paid the price, IG has been brought in and the whole set up has been rejigged but because he’s the owners son and some people fail to read the club communications properly we’re being fed this nonsense he’s just a like for like Mathie replacement who holds no qualifications.

It’s a constant merry go round following this club sack the manager sack the board the owner has ulterior motives absolutely exhausting

madhatter
10-04-2022, 07:50 AM
No he wasn’t Mathie was in charge he dropped the ball selling doig which probably resulted in the need to sell Boyle so late in the jan window, other targets lost desperate scrambles at the end resulting in wood Scott and the mess we found ourselves in with McGrath was a shambles, he was tasked with getting a squad together to qualify for conference league and he failed hugely and sacked JR also paid the price, IG has been brought in and the whole set up has been rejigged but because he’s the owners son and some people fail to read the club communications properly we’re being fed this nonsense he’s just a like for like Mathie replacement who holds no qualifications.

It’s a constant merry go round following this club sack the manager sack the board the owner has ulterior motives absolutely exhausting

What is Ian Gordon's job then? Ben does the negotiations so Ian Gordon must surely be responsible for the scouting and player identification, no?

This whole situation is exhausting, maybe we'll just have to go back to 6-7k ST numbers for a while until club actually work out what they are doing. Never ending transition is what we have to do at our level but club have started to use it as an excuse. If we don't arrest this slide it will take years and years to recover, our finances are already taking a hit (missing top 6) and our ST numbers are about to take a hit...

Sioux
10-04-2022, 08:09 AM
What is Ian Gordon's job then? Ben does the negotiations so Ian Gordon must surely be responsible for the scouting and player identification, no?

This whole situation is exhausting, maybe we'll just have to go back to 6-7k ST numbers for a while until club actually work out what they are doing. Never ending transition is what we have to do at our level but club have started to use it as an excuse. If we don't arrest this slide it will take years and years to recover, our finances are already taking a hit (missing top 6) and our ST numbers are about to take a hit...

No! IG is head of a team that is responsible for identification of players. This idea that he 'scouts' players is more daft than a brush.

Allant1981
10-04-2022, 08:48 AM
No! IG is head of a team that is responsible for identification of players. This idea that he 'scouts' players is more daft than a brush.

Aye but its a good reason to have a moan though

Dmas
10-04-2022, 09:03 AM

IG heads up a data driven recruitment team, graham Mathie was sporting director

Sacking manager after manager is the reason we’re in constant transition it’s the nature of the beast binning one man’s ideas for another.

We made investments in the future the last window it’s far too costly an exercise to ditch it all after a 3 month period, yes it’s **** but it was the very same the 3 months before as well changing one man won’t fix it

madhatter
10-04-2022, 09:04 AM

Where did I say he 'scouts' players? I said he must be responsible for scouting and player identification. Which he surely is if he is the manager of the team that does scouting and player identification? Does he not manage their tasks, assess their work, relay their data and feedback to management teams in order to advise on signing prospects?

GreenGray
10-04-2022, 09:06 AM
If we'd signed Cummings and Griffiths in January we would be fine. Disgraceful we didnt.

Seen some outrageous shouts the last 12 hours, this is right up there.

coldingham hibs
10-04-2022, 09:06 AM
It would be good to hear from Ben or Ron, a nice wee summing up of how their plan is progressing, how much we have lost out financially with their decision making and what they expect in the semi final.

Since452
10-04-2022, 09:07 AM
I'd love to know what Einstein thought it was a good idea to appoint Maloney. He's like a rabbit in the headlights. Sack Ross by all means but make sure we replace him with better.

Since90+2
10-04-2022, 09:09 AM

I'm not sure if this is serious or not. If it is you seem to have an obsession about Griffiths returning. The guy isn't even scoring goals for Falkirk in League 1 ffs.

madhatter
10-04-2022, 09:09 AM

Sacking manager after manager is the reason we’re in constant transition it’s the nature of the beast binning one man’s ideas for another.

We made investments in the future the last window it’s far too costly an exercise to ditch it all after a 3 month period, yes it’s **** but it was the very same the 3 months before as well changing one man won’t fix it

The idea that Hibs are constantly in transition because of sacking managers is a fallacy. We are constantly in transition due to our club size. A manager does well here, he moves to a different job with a bigger paycheck. Nothing to do with sacking.

Actually every club is constantly transitioning, our club just has a problem with transitioning in a positive direction on a regular basis.

What investments did we make in the last window? Most are loans with options to buy, no?

hibbyfraelibby
10-04-2022, 09:12 AM
Thought it was common knowledge, I asked him about it when I 1st met him. I asked why he bought Hibs.
So no corroboration then? Mmmm

jacomo
10-04-2022, 09:18 AM
I think those supporters who were clamouring for Jack to leave and hurling abuse should shoulder some of the blame, personally.

Sacking a manager a week before a major cup final is an act of hubris. For a club like Hibs, where winning any major trophy is a rare event, it’s reckless and stupid.

Obviously that decision was made internally, but the fans demanding it should look at themselves.

Rondon
10-04-2022, 09:19 AM
I'm not sure if this is serious or not. If it is you seem to have an obsession about Griffiths returning. The guy isn't even scoring goals for Falkirk in League 1 ffs.

I’ve had my opinion about lg and it was pretty unpopular on here 😂😂

But based on football ability neither of these 2 are good enough for hibs and never want to see either play for us again.

Especially LG for other reasons out with football

truehibernian
10-04-2022, 09:19 AM
The club were informed of a possible fan protest during the recent Dundee Utd game, and had a contingency plan in place after the match. The owner and CEO know this. I can see it happening at the next league game if we lose next weekend.

Their combined failure to ‘read the room’ is staggering.

Logie Green
10-04-2022, 09:25 AM
So no corroboration then? Mmmm

Ron Gordon would be able to confirm this as there’s no reason not to believe Baldy Foghorn.

Dmas
10-04-2022, 09:25 AM
The idea that Hibs are constantly in transition because of sacking managers is a fallacy. We are constantly in transition due to our club size. A manager does well here, he moves to a different job with a bigger paycheck. Nothing to do with sacking.

Actually every club is constantly transitioning, our club just has a problem with transitioning in a positive direction on a regular basis.

What investments did we make in the last window? Most are loans with options to buy, no?

We’ve had about 17 managers in 20 years off the top of my head Mcleish Mowbray and stubbs left us off their own back the rest sacked the idea we’re suffering because managers are being successful and leaving for bigger and better is a ‘fallacy’

We’re suffering because as soon as it goes wrong we bin it all and start something again, RG has taken us over spent 6 months to a year planning and organising LD left us, Mathie sacked, manager away, recruitment ideas rejigged, sports science guys rejigged, whole new management team in as well as a new head of development with Kean B team implemented the list goes on they have a plan they’ve shared a plan anyone who believes the targets they’ve set would be achieved overnight need to have a word

We brought in a Norwegian U20 for 300k another young Norwegian with him and countless other players of similar ages for the Bteam that’s future investment and it’s brought in with the end goal of supplementing the first team squad that’s planned alongside what the current manager wants to do if we bin him the development of these guys and the other young players at the club suffers greatly the proof of that is also seen in how many young guys have came through in the 20 yr period of sacking guys constantly

superfurryhibby
10-04-2022, 09:26 AM
I think those supporters who were clamouring for Jack to leave and hurling abuse should shoulder some of the blame, personally.

Sacking a manager a week before a major cup final is an act of hubris. For a club like Hibs, where winning any major trophy is a rare event, it’s reckless and stupid.

Obviously that decision was made internally, but the fans demanding it should look at themselves.

I think Gordon wanted Ross out regardless of what the fans felt. It was reckless and stupid though, no doubt about it.

I said this at the time. Ross would have been sacked if we had lost the semi final, Gordon couldn’t take the chance that Ross could take the team to victory at Hampden. There’s been rumours about internal fraction between Ross and the owner and his representatives, I think it’s not too wild on the speculation to say the former manager and the club hierarchy were facing irreconcilable differences.

Owners may use fan power as an excuse, but in this case I think the writing was in the wall for Ross regardless.

madhatter
10-04-2022, 09:29 AM

Who was demanding Jack Ross got sacked? Fans venting on a forum. Hardly pitchforks outside ER is it?

Fans get blamed for an awful lot. Poor performances because ER is dead, poor performances because not enough fans turn up, managers getting sacked because people have a whine on a fans forum...

We'll be blamed for the lack of investment in the summer due to low ST sales as well.

Stokesy's on fire
10-04-2022, 09:29 AM
Ron Gordon doesnt care still no idea why he got involved with Hibs

LewysGot2
10-04-2022, 09:31 AM
First post tonight. Not going to follow the majority and slag off our owner, Manager and everyone else connected with the Club. We've got a massive game next weekend which I think we can still win and we all must pull together.

But I absolutely hate p1sh posts like this. Jack Ross is yesterday's man. He had a great opportunity and along with a long list of Hibernian Managers won us nowt. My happiest periods watching Hibs since 2016 was under Neil Lennon - a time when we went to Glasgow and never feared Rangers or Celtic. We played some great football under Lennon albeit it turned sour towards the end. However, he is also yesterday's man.

Naval gazing at what happened in the past is a waste of everyone's time. Onwards and upwards. Shaun needs a close season to sort things out. He inherited a completely imbalanced squad which is the fault of the previous incumbents.

Agree. But if we learn nothing from yesterday and make the same mistakes again next week I reserve the right to ask serious questions of him.

You are 100% spot on about circling the wagons for next week

jacomo
10-04-2022, 09:33 AM
Again you expectation of Boyle is emotions don't come into it

:agree:

A successful model for Hibs means accepting that players will want to leave us for more money and opportunity elsewhere.

Pretending we are somewhere else in football’s food chain might make fans feel better about themselves but it does nothing to help the club. If we want to attract promising talent then that pathway beyond Hibs must be visible and viable.

We had at least 2 months to prepare for Boyle’s departure. Obviously we miss him but we can’t hide behind that as the sole reason for poor results.

Scotty Leither
10-04-2022, 09:36 AM
The club were informed of a possible fan protest during the recent Dundee Utd game, and had a contingency plan in place after the match. The owner and CEO know this. I can see it happening at the next league game if we lose next weekend.

Their combined failure to ‘read the room’ is staggering.

That is staggering if true.

I get the impression with Gordon that beneath the slick, chummy veneer, that it's his way or the highway, and us lesser mortals' views on how the club is ran is completely irrelevant to him.

Petrie wasn't that bothered about what the fans thought either, but then under him mediocrity for the large part of his tenure was the norm, and he barely opened his mouth in 17/18 years at the helm...in the end there was this damp resignation certainly from this onlooker that was his and the owner's M.O., and we could like it or lump it.

Gordon appears to be going down that route too, and if that is his outlook , then he's playing a really dangerous game.

Just out of interest, what was their contingency plan you mention in the face of any protest from the fans?

madhatter
10-04-2022, 09:37 AM
We’ve had about 17 managers in 20 years off the top of my head Mcleish Mowbray and stubbs left us off their own back the rest sacked the idea we’re suffering because managers are being successful and leaving for bigger and better is a ‘fallacy’

We’re suffering because as soon as it goes wrong we bin it all and start something again, RG has taken us over spent 6 months to a year planning and organising LD left us, Mathie sacked, manager away, recruitment ideas rejigged, sports science guys rejigged, whole new management team in as well as a new head of development with Kean B team implemented the list goes on they have a plan they’ve shared a plan anyone who believes the targets they’ve set would be achieved overnight need to have a word

We brought in a Norwegian U20 for 300k another young Norwegian with him and countless other players of similar ages for the Bteam that’s future investment and it’s brought in with the end goal of supplementing the first team squad that’s planned alongside what the current manager wants to do if we bin him the development of these guys and the other young players at the club suffers greatly the proof of that is also seen in how many young guys have came through in the 20 yr period of sacking guys constantly

Where did I say we're suffering because managers keep leaving us because they are successful?
I'm pointing out club are not very good at transitioning full stop. Whether managers leave because they are failures or successes. Rumours of Jack Ross going to Celtic after 1 successful year with us. 2 successful years and he'd likely have gone. Just the way things are at our level. Technically any level bar the absolute top end of the game.

The B team? What league do they play in? Rookie manager coming in mid-season while we're woefully underperforming. What do we do? Sign players for a non-existent B team. I understand planning for the future but risking your main income stream (ST sales) in the short to medium term is very risky to put it kindly.

jacomo
10-04-2022, 09:37 AM
Who was demanding Jack Ross got sacked? Fans venting on a forum. Hardly pitchforks outside ER is it?

Fans get blamed for an awful lot. Poor performances because ER is dead, poor performances because not enough fans turn up, managers getting sacked because people have a whine on a fans forum...

We'll be blamed for the lack of investment in the summer due to low ST sales as well.

You’re entitled to your opinion but not your own facts. There was a substantial and noisy element of our support demanding Ross gtf.

There is literally no point having a discussion if you can’t accept that basic truth.

CallumHibs07
10-04-2022, 09:40 AM
The only players I want us to keep are Doig, Porteous, Nisbet, Clarke, Newell, Jasper and Melkersen. Nobody else good enough if we want to challenge for top 3 again.

Some of Maloney's signing need to be questioned. Mitchell injury prone and Bushiri/Henderson not good enough.

As for Hauge (Kensell signing)... just why?? So Melkersen has a wee pal?

Dmas
10-04-2022, 09:40 AM
Ron Gordon doesnt care still no idea why he got involved with Hibs

He does care he’s invested close to £7m of his own money so far.

He cares, STF cared, the HSL thing wasn’t a Ponzi scheme the need to have some deep rooted conspiracy against all in power has to stop, we’re in a mess because we’ve not signed the proper football players, we’ve relied on the defence of 2016 for too long, we signed terribly replacing mcginn mcgeoch fyvie allan, we let Bartley go too soon the list goes on the recruitment of playing staff has been rubbish a couple of decent Jan windows papered the cracks this year that’s not worked out either

superfurryhibby
10-04-2022, 09:44 AM
You’re entitled to your opinion but not your own facts. There was a substantial and noisy element of our support demanding Ross gtf.

There is literally no point having a discussion if you can’t accept that basic truth.

No, there was an even more significant number of fans who remained behind the manager. Gordon wanted Ross out himself, that is why he was punted when he was.

Dmas
10-04-2022, 09:50 AM
Where did I say we're suffering because managers keep leaving us because they are successful?
I'm pointing out club are not very good at transitioning full stop. Whether managers leave because they are failures or successes. Rumours of Jack Ross going to Celtic after 1 successful year with us. 2 successful years and he'd likely have gone. Just the way things are at our level. Technically any level bar the absolute top end of the game.

The B team? What league do they play in? Rookie manager coming in mid-season while we're woefully underperforming. What do we do? Sign players for a non-existent B team. I understand planning for the future but risking your main income stream (ST sales) in the short to medium term is very risky to put it kindly.

You said it right here:

We are constantly in transition due to our club size. A manager does well here, he moves to a different job with a bigger paycheck. Nothing to do with sacking.

Jack Ross going to Celtic is some laugh eh those where media based rumours born because Brendan Rodgers bigged him up after a st.mirren game and invited him to a couple training sessions.

B-team don’t compete in a league mate, club are following the set up that brentford have gone down where we have a competitive friendly schedule drawn up which has so far been hampered by covid regulations again it’s all been communicated by the club

madhatter
10-04-2022, 09:51 AM

I can accept some wanted Jack Ross gone. I have no idea on the percentages and breakdowns though.

If you are throwing that around as a fact then I presume you have surveys, footage of protests, graphs and stats. Otherwise, I think saying "substantial" and "noisy" to describe this "element" is in opinion territory rather than facts.

Exaggerating truths and thinking it's still not in opinion territory makes a discussion utterly impossible.

dp00
10-04-2022, 09:51 AM
If we hadn’t let Boyle go then next time we have a good player and we try sign him up long term so we can make some profit then they won’t do it.

We have a model we follow where we develops player and sell them on, part of that model is to try sign them up long term with the promise of being allowed to leave if valuation met

Remember John Mcginn ? He signed a new contract , I’m sure Boyle signed a new contract too in order to remove release fee. None of this is down to Boyle

It’s been said we knew he was going for weeks, plenty time to get a decent replacement in and the club failed

The buck there lies with Ron & Ben

MWHIBBIES
10-04-2022, 09:52 AM
If we hadn’t let Boyle go then next time we have a good player and we try sign him up long term so we can make some profit then they won’t do it.

We have a model we follow where we develops player and sell them on, part of that model is to try sign them up long term with the promise of being allowed to leave if valuation met

Remember John Mcginn ? He signed a new contract , I’m sure Boyle signed a new contract too in order to remove release fee. None of this is down to Boyle

It’s been said we knew he was going for weeks, plenty time to get a decent replacement in and the club failed

The buck there lies with Ron & Ben

He did not. He signed a 4 year deal upon joining, left after 3.

Since90+2
10-04-2022, 09:53 AM
The fans who were demanding Ross was sacked were warned at the time the grass isn't always greener and Ross had enough credit in the bank to be given more time.

superfurryhibby
10-04-2022, 09:56 AM
The fans who were demanding Ross was sacked were warned at the time the grass isn't always greener and Ross had enough credit in the bank to be given more time.

It was nothing to do with fans and what they wanted.

dp00
10-04-2022, 09:56 AM
He did not. He signed a 4 year deal upon joining, left after 3.

My appologies I had in my head he signed a new contract, think the point still stands tho that we have reputation of developing and not standing in young players way if a deal for them comes up

Scotty Leither
10-04-2022, 09:58 AM
You said it right here:

B-team don’t compete in a league mate, club are following the set up that brentford have gone down where we have a competitive friendly schedule drawn up which has so far been hampered by covid regulations again it’s all been communicated by the club

Strikes me we're setting up something close to a version of the American NFL draft system, minus the first pick element given to the previous season's worst team.

Problem with this (thus far) fabled "B-team" is 1) It's not played a game yet. and 2) it seems to be a big focus for the club at a time when the first team are toiling set against the backdrop of continual poor recruitment for the FIRST team.

If the club styles itself as one of the top 4/5 in the country, then that comes with a lot of scrutiny, and it's this apparent indifference to the here and now, that's driving a lot of the discontent.

madhatter
10-04-2022, 10:00 AM
You said it right here:

We are constantly in transition due to our club size. A manager does well here, he moves to a different job with a bigger paycheck. Nothing to do with sacking.

Jack Ross going to Celtic is some laugh eh those where media based rumours born because Brendan Rodgers bigged him up after a st.mirren game and invited him to a couple training sessions.

I was giving an example of what regularly happens when we do unearth a decent manager or have a decent spell with a manager. Stubbs won us he cup, left. Lennon had a good season, left. Mowbray, had a good couple of years, left. McLeish had a good spell, left.

Definitely more managerial sackings than there are successful managers but stating more time as an argument doesn't hold. Successful managers don't stay. Successful players rarely stay for longer than 2-3years. We're constantly transitioning regardless of managerial moves. If we decide not to transition, sit on our hands, like we did last summer we get what we've had this season.

Always more rumours around our players and managers when we are successful. Comes with the territory.

Could they not have waited to get the players in when we actually can have them playing? As I said, I can understand the need to do this but timing was terrible. Needed to back our rookie manager as much as we could at a low point of the season.

Looks on the face of it that the club wrote this season off at January. Loan to buy options and long term investments for B team and Melkersen.

B.H.F.C
10-04-2022, 10:01 AM

I think it was a lot to do with the fans. Or rather, the lack of fans.

MWHIBBIES
My appologies I had in my head he signed a new contract, think the point still stands tho that we have reputation of developing and not standing in young players way if a deal for them comes up

Indeed. It hasn't especially helped us keep a decent side for more than 2 years, ever.

Callum_62
Did signing 'b team players' hinder in anyway our first team moves?

I don't think it did so it's a moot point really

Scotty Leither
10-04-2022, 10:04 AM
Did signing 'b team players' hinder in anyway our first team moves?

I don't think it did so it's a moot point really

It must surely have affected the budget for players, unless we're signing them for nowt?

Dmas
10-04-2022, 10:06 AM
Strikes me we're setting up something close to a version of the American NFL draft system, minus the first pick element given to the previous season's worst team.

Problem with this (thus far) fabled "B-team" is 1) It's not played a game yet. and 2) it seems to be a big focus for the club at a time when the first team are toiling set against the backdrop of continual poor recruitment for the FIRST team.

If the club styles itself as one of the top 4/5 in the country, then that comes with a lot of scrutiny, and it's this apparent indifference to the here and now, that's driving a lot of the discontent.

They beat Huddersfield at east mains recently, the whole club can’t stop functioning once set up properly the idea for the bteam is to have players ready to step up say when we have 13 injured players and are needing to play stevenson in 3 different positions, planning for the future isn’t a bad thing and if it was one or the other budget wise I’m sure we wouldn’t be seeing it implemented

superfurryhibby
10-04-2022, 10:07 AM
I think it was a lot to do with the fans. Or rather, the lack of fans.

Gordon wanted him out. I have no doubt that there was a major falling out between Ross and the club hierarchy before the summer transfer window ended. Ross wasn’t backed and made it clear he was unhappy. Gordon was always going to get rid.

Fans are scapegoats in this debate, no questions about it.

Dmas
10-04-2022, 10:12 AM
I was giving an example of what regularly happens when we do unearth a decent manager or have a decent spell with a manager. Stubbs won us he cup, left. Lennon had a good season, left. Mowbray, had a good couple of years, left. McLeish had a good spell, left.

Definitely more managerial sackings than there are successful managers but stating more time as an argument doesn't hold. Successful managers don't stay. Successful players rarely stay for longer than 2-3years. We're constantly transitioning regardless of managerial moves. If we decide not to transition, sit on our hands, like we did last summer we get what we've had this season.

Always more rumours around our players and managers when we are successful. Comes with the territory.

Could they not have waited to get the players in when we actually can have them playing? As I said, I can understand the need to do this but timing was terrible. Needed to back our rookie manager as much as we could at a low point of the season.

Looks on the face of it that the club wrote this season off at January. Loan to buy options and long term investments for B team and Melkersen.

I agree it does seem like they wrote it off, IG said on a podcast think down the slope could be wrong, jans window targets where sorted with JR at the helm, he went and SM came in and they had to rejig plans accordingly, which is probably where we see the loan to buy players, I’d much rather that option than guys signed in a panic and stuck with them for 2/3yrs or guys brought in on loan with absolutely no chance of perm deals if they do well, it’s not looking like it’s worked out but u can see a difference in lines of thought between recruitment now than in previous years

keep the faith
10-04-2022, 10:13 AM

I'm glad you enjoyed JR. I thought it was the dullest football I had seen for years and the cup final last year one of THE worst and most unforgivable performances ever at hampden.

The stadium would be empty by now. I'm not saying Maloney is the answer, but Ross was "bore yourself to 4th or 5th every season" and that's not for me - and many others.

Scotty Leither
10-04-2022, 10:16 AM
They beat Huddersfield at east mains recently, the whole club can’t stop functioning once set up properly the idea for the bteam is to have players ready to step up say when we have 13 injured players and are needing to play stevenson in 3 different positions, planning for the future isn’t a bad thing and if it was one or the other budget wise I’m sure we wouldn’t be seeing it implemented

Thanks, my mistake for saying it hadn't played a game yet.

Main point still stands, this is redolent of the old Board though, a stubbornness bordering on negligence not to spend a bit of money on the first team over the last 5-6 windows is killing any kind of "progress" that the club think they might be achieving but is being missed by us thicko, ungrateful fans.

As someone said on another thread, the fans appear to be the scapegoat here, a collective lack of responsibility at senior levels of the club is closer to the truth, IMO.

CentreLine
10-04-2022, 10:19 AM

I’m afraid that the fans who screamed for his sacking cannot hide behind this kind of fantasy. The noisy intervention from a vociferous minority had to have an influence. It was nauseating. But I am just glad we have such a full bank of genius managers attending our games week in week out. Surely at least one of them should get the gig when Shaun Maloney is shown the door. 🤗

superfurryhibby
10-04-2022, 10:21 AM
I’m afraid that the fans who screamed for his sacking cannot hide behind this kind of fantasy. The noisy intervention from a vociferous minority had to have an influence. It was nauseating. But I am just glad we have such a full bank of genius managers attending our games week in week out. Surely at least one of them should get the gig when Shaun Maloney is shown the door. 🤗

The irony of blaming the fans and calling them naive, tragic.

Since you know everything, maybe you can apply yourself.

500miles
10-04-2022, 10:21 AM
Thanks, my mistake for saying it hadn't played a game yet.

Main point still stands, this is redolent of the old Board though, a stubbornness bordering on negligence not to spend a bit of money on the first team over the last 5-6 windows is killing any kind of "progress" that the club think they might be achieving but is being missed by us thicko, ungrateful fans.

As someone said on another thread, the fans appear to be the scapegoat here, a collective lack of responsibility at senior levels of the club is closer to the truth, IMO.

Lol for all my doubts about Ron Gordon and his ideas, he's nothing like the old board. You've just got a hammer and are determined to find a nail.

we are hibs
10-04-2022, 10:22 AM
I’m afraid that the fans who screamed for his sacking cannot hide behind this kind of fantasy. The noisy intervention from a vociferous minority had to have an influence. It was nauseating. But I am just glad we have such a full bank of genius managers attending our games week in week out. Surely at least one of them should get the gig when Shaun Maloney is shown the door. [emoji847]The only nauseating thing on here is posts like this.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

superfurryhibby
10-04-2022, 10:26 AM
The only nauseating thing on here is posts like this.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It’s almost like some people can’t face reality.

Blaming fans for Ross’s departure.....Gordon must love it. Ross left because Gordon wanted him out. If the team were flying that would have been very hard for him. There was no way Ross was getting to manage the team in that final.

Gordon had to bite the bullet after the unexpected win at Hampden, otherwise there was risk that Ross was untouchable.

None of know what what was going on behind the scenes during those last months at Hibs, but there have been enough hints.

B.H.F.C
10-04-2022, 10:29 AM

Blaming fans for Ross’s departure.....Gordon must love it. Ross left because Gordon wanted him out. If the team were flying that would have been very hard for him. There was no way Ross was getting to manage the team in that final.

Gordon had to bite the bullet after the unexpected win at Hampden, otherwise there was risk that Ross was untouchable.

None of know what what was going on behind the scenes during those last months at Hibs, but there have been enough hints.

Nobody is blaming fans for the departure of Ross. I think it madness to not consider that the rapidly declining attendances would have played a part in his thinking though.

madhatter
10-04-2022, 10:32 AM

Ron Gordon has essentially cleared out all the old guard but Jack Ross is the fans fault. Obvious signs that Ron Gordon was going to be ruthless and do what he wants/needs to achieve his vision. Not sure why Jack Ross is any different to other staff that have emptied since Ron Gordon took over.

superfurryhibby

That seems to be a post that is blaming the fans?

Nobody is blaming fans for the departure of Ross. I think it madness to not consider that the rapidly declining attendances would have played a part in his thinking though.

I wonder what wee Ron will think of our rapidly declining season ticket sales after this farcical season ends? Maybe he could sack his son and his stooge, I mean CEO?

CentreLine
The irony of blaming the fans and calling them naive, tragic.

Since you know everything, maybe you can apply yourself.

Nope, because you will not find anywhere a post from me that says I know better than any manager. In fact you’ll not find any post from me that even suggests I know what a diamond is that's not a jewel.
But I do recognise how demotivating constant criticism is. Sadly people like to revel in that on match day and on sites like this

superfurryhibby
10-04-2022, 10:35 AM
Nope, because you will not find anywhere a post from me that says I know better than any manager. In fact you’ll not find any post from me that even suggests I know what a diamond is that's not a jewel.
But I do recognise how demotivating constant criticism is. Sadly people like to revel in that on match day and on sites like this

Are you really naive enough to believe that a fans forum has an impact on our players motivation?

Maybe selling our best player and buying almost a full team of inexperienced laddies in the subsequent window could have something to do with it though?

Viva_Palmeiras
10-04-2022, 10:35 AM

Ah the only chestnut won’t be back rip it up and start again post.

We keep on hearing this some amounts of crystal balls floating around… “somethings not right”, “crowds down”, “everything must go” 1) things take time 2) what happened to #Persevered?

Alan Stubbs had to rebuild.
Maloney has stuff to fix Jan was not the time.
We all want the same thing tho #ggtth

blackpoolhibs
10-04-2022, 10:38 AM
I'm glad you enjoyed JR. I thought it was the dullest football I had seen for years and the cup final last year one of THE worst and most unforgivable performances ever at hampden.

The stadium would be empty by now. I'm not saying Maloney is the answer, but Ross was "bore yourself to 4th or 5th every season" and that's not for me - and many others.

Why would it have to be boring? He did build a side that finished 3rd, not 4th or 5th, he did reach numerous semi's and finals.

Why was he not allowed to build on that, and try and get a side that was more easier on the eye?

He had the first bit done, he'd got us back to challenging for Europe as a given.

We've gone from a position of strength, to a ****in shambles of a club, where we've ripped up the blueprint of relative success, and replaced it with a bloke who put the cones out for Belgium, and let him bring in a load of youngsters no better than we currently had, and some a lot bloody worse.

Jack ross had one bad run, he also had lots of injuries to contend with, and was not allowed to bring in players he wanted, but we give someone who's never managed before an open chequebook last January, bringing in 7 or 8 players.

Sacking ross was ridiculous, but bringing in coco the bloody clown as his replacement was even worse.

keep the faith
10-04-2022, 10:49 AM
Why would it have to be boring? He did build a side that finished 3rd, not 4th or 5th, he did reach numerous semi's and finals.

Why was he not allowed to build on that, and try and get a side that was more easier on the eye?

He had the first bit done, he'd got us back to challenging for Europe as a given.

We've gone from a position of strength, to a ****in shambles of a club, where we've ripped up the blueprint of relative success, and replaced it with a bloke who put the cones out for Belgium, and let him bring in a load of youngsters no better than we currently had, and some a lot bloody worse.

Jack ross had one bad run, he also had lots of injuries to contend with, and was not allowed to bring in players he wanted, but we give someone who's never managed before an open chequebook last January, bringing in 7 or 8 players.

Sacking ross was ridiculous, but bringing in coco the bloody clown as his replacement was even worse.

Ross's signing were bad mate. There was nothing in JDH, Wright, Scott etc which made you think that he was improving things and should be given more time to get similar players.The midfielders all did the same thing.Signing Campbell on a 5 year deal based on one good game was also nuts.
We have gambled big time on Maloney and while I am unconvinced, the fact is we have to give him time to get the players in which fit his system. Problem is that signing kids and international players from very different leagues needs massive bedding in time and that's where we need to decide if we can hold our nerve and give it that time.
Maloney also has to be more flexible and find systems to fit the players he currently has and that bit worries me too.

The Modfather
10-04-2022, 10:51 AM

As ever, it’s not very objective. Ignoring the fact Ross never got to the bottom of the frequent random games where the team didn’t turn up, the St Johnstone semi final and final where but for 25 mins in the semi before they scored we crumbled having played exactly the same way as had been unsuccessful in all other games against them that season, or the midfield he assembled and we’re now stuck with on long contracts. You never mention any of that in your assessments of Ross as well as the positives you listed, of which there were under Ross.

Yet you’re happy to jump straight to calling Maloney Coco the clown.

CentreLine
10-04-2022, 10:52 AM
Are you really naive enough to believe that a fans forum has an impact on our players motivation?

Maybe selling our best player and buying almost a full team of inexperienced laddies in the subsequent window could have something to do with it though?

Nope. My principal criticism is of the behaviour and lack of actual support in the stands. However, a lot of those same people spend time on this forum and others. We have fans but not supporters to a large extent. Not in the least naive.

blackpoolhibs
10-04-2022, 10:54 AM
Ross's signing were bad mate. There was nothing in JDH, Wright, Scott etc which made you think that he was improving things and should be given more time to get similar players.The midfielders all did the same thing.Signing Campbell on a 5 year deal based on one good game was also nuts.
We have gambled big time on Maloney and while I am unconvinced, the fact is we have to give him time to get the players in which fit his system. Problem is that signing kids and international players from very different leagues needs massive bedding in time and that's where we need to decide if we can hold our nerve and give it that time.
Maloney also has to be more flexible and find systems to fit the players he currently has and that bit worries me too.

Did you miss the bit where i said he was not allowed to sign the players he wanted? He brought in Scott because he needed a body in the building as we couldnt get his 1st 2nd or 3rd options in. JDH is part of the squad we need, and Campbell is a kid on a 5 year contract thats not expensive, he could come good, he's still young. Maloney spent very good money in January, Ross i believe would have spent it much better.

I agree that Wright is pish.

madhatter
10-04-2022, 10:55 AM
Nope. My principal criticism is of the behaviour and lack of actual support in the stands. However, a lot of those same people spend time on this forum and others. We have fans but not supporters to a large extent. Not in the least naive.

Behaviour and lack of actual support? Is that why we capitulated in a derby? You're positive support of the club is really quite negative towards the lifeblood of the club.

LewysGot2
10-04-2022, 10:56 AM
Graeme Mathie didn’t deliver of late

Cropley10
10-04-2022, 10:57 AM
As ever, it’s not very objective. Ignoring the fact Ross never got to the bottom of the frequent random games where the team didn’t turn up, the St Johnstone semi final and final where but for 25 mins in the semi before they scored we crumbled having played exactly the same way as had been unsuccessful in all other games against them that season, or the midfield he assembled and we’re now stuck with on long contracts. You never mention any of that in your assessments of Ross as well as the positives you listed, of which there were under Ross.

Couldn’t have put it better myself, thank you. Ross also had Martin Boyle. He also had a fit and threatening Doidge.

CentreLine
10-04-2022, 10:57 AM
Behaviour and lack of actual support? Is that why we capitulated in a derby? You're positive support of the club is really quite negative towards the lifeblood of the club.

I am enlightened. Thank you

blackpoolhibs
10-04-2022, 10:58 AM

I am only too aware that Ross never got us over the line a couple of times, but he got us to the line more often than not.

We had the chance with him to build on that, build on making us better to watch, build on maybe even getting over the line and winning something again, but no.

We've ripped it up and started again, with a complete novice who had the chance to build on what Ross had built.

That went well.

fiolex1
10-04-2022, 11:07 AM
We’ve underperformed for a couple of generations!. Yet we still get surprised by it! 13 managers in 20 years , a couple of top 3 finishes in nearly 50 years! Is it a single chairman’s fault or a managers? Or just the Hibs way?

Billy Whizz
10-04-2022, 11:19 AM

Ian, 100 per cent, watches footage and scouts players. He makes recommendations.

LewysGot2
10-04-2022, 11:22 AM
Ian, 100 per cent, watches footage and scouts players. He makes recommendations.
Wonder how Kevin Harpers role will pan out

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-04-2022, 11:22 AM
Seen some outrageous shouts the last 12 hours, this is right up there.

Cannae believe he got any bites 🎣

Billy Whizz
10-04-2022, 11:26 AM
Wonder how Kevin Harpers role will pan out

No idea, but I thought it was Eddie May’s job to scout future players

GreenCastle
10-04-2022, 11:27 AM
Can fans just not agree that Ross and Maloney aren’t good enough for Hibs. They have both failed to identify key areas in the team and basically playing a team that picks itself.

Both have made lots of errors and we need a reboot.

Not just the manager - the way the club is being run and the connection with the fans / lack of connection.

Fans don’t expect an unbeaten season but we expect a team never giving up / looking like a team and signs of improvement. We aren’t getting this hence all the frustrations. It’s insulting they are asking us to renew at the same prices to watch this nonsense.

LewysGot2
10-04-2022, 11:28 AM
No idea, but I thought it was Eddie May’s job to scout future players

Harper been taken on as a scout - perhaps just in Scotland but no idea. Thought much of the scouting has been done online of late for most clubs…

Brizo
10-04-2022, 11:29 AM
We’re in a situation where we have an Inexperienced owner, an inexperienced CEO, an inexperienced head of recruitment and an inexperienced manager. At the same time we’ve removed a lot of people who know Scottish football and more importantly understand the club and the bond with supporters.

If Gordon couldn’t for-see that being an issue, then he’s certainly not the shrewd businessman he likes to make himself out to be. It’s poor call after poor call just now.

Ultimately, no amount of cosy chats with players and big screens are going to win him any plaudits when the ‘product’ (as they like to call it) on the park is so poor. The model he’s come in with to buy low, develop and sell high only works if you have the correct players coming in being coached by the right people, and we’re miles away from that right now. The worry then becomes we’ll lose at least one of Doig or Porteous in the summer, and there’s absolutely nothing to suggest that we’ll replace them adequately and we continue to spiral downwards.

A win next week would be both unlikely and very welcome, but it will just paper over the cracks.

:top marks

Billy Whizz
10-04-2022, 11:41 AM
Harper been taken on as a scout - perhaps just in Scotland but no idea. Thought much of the scouting has been done online of late for most clubs…

Reading on club directory Eddie is now Loans Manager

LewysGot2
10-04-2022, 11:43 AM
Reading on club directory Eddie is now Loans Manager

Good god. Loans manager?

That’s not a good look at this point in time.

unless we’ve got a new financial wing of the club :greengrin

B.H.F.C
10-04-2022, 11:46 AM
Did you miss the bit where i said he was not allowed to sign the players he wanted? He brought in Scott because he needed a body in the building as we couldnt get his 1st 2nd or 3rd options in. JDH is part of the squad we need, and Campbell is a kid on a 5 year contract thats not expensive, he could come good, he's still young. Maloney spent very good money in January, Ross i believe would have spent it much better.

I agree that Wright is pish.

We spent six figure fees on McKay and Tait last summer. One hasn’t kicked a ball for us and the other has had a few sub appearances. The summer window was a mess. If Maloney is being held accountable for the January window, surely Ross is in some way accountable for the mess last summer?

Billy Whizz
10-04-2022, 11:51 AM
Good god. Loans manager?

That’s not a good look at this point in time.

unless we’ve got a new financial wing of the club :greengrin

We’ve a lot of young lads on loan at Lowland League level, and Bradley in Ireland
Players on loan, although Eddie won’t be scouting the last 4
Bradley
Brydon
Tait
Mackay
Fairley
Balde

Murray
Mackie
Murphy
Gogic

Stubbsy90+2
10-04-2022, 11:57 AM

The grass was completely brown under Jack Ross as well.

jeffers
10-04-2022, 11:58 AM
We spent six figure fees on McKay and Tait last summer. One hasn’t kicked a ball for us and the other has had a few sub appearances. The summer window was a mess. If Maloney is being held accountable for the January window, surely Ross is in some way accountable for the mess last summer?

:agree: Let us also remember Ross wanted to bring in Henderson this window, who looks slow and lightweight and thought the signing of Mueller was a real coup.

Scotty Leither
10-04-2022, 11:59 AM
Lol for all my doubts about Ron Gordon and his ideas, he's nothing like the old board. You've just got a hammer and are determined to find a nail.

No sorry mate, but you're entitled to your opinion and mine is that the old regime mindset of parsimony, and double coats of caution driven by the bottom line all the time still pervades the club.

Half the old Board are still there (doing what exactly I do not know); indeed one of the old Board was recently brought back and the fact that the disconnection remains as does the old argument of selling our top players and replacing them with journeymen and hopeful punts on laddies still continues.

Same old same old for me.

Since90+2
10-04-2022, 12:01 PM
The grass was completely brown under Jack Ross as well.

Even in a season where we weren't playing particularly well in the league he got us to another cup final with one of the best performances in recent memory in the semi final.

Since90+2
10-04-2022, 12:04 PM
:agree: Let us also remember Ross wanted to bring in Henderson this window, who looks slow and lightweight and thought the signing of Mueller was a real coup.

I think Mueller and Henderson are actually decent players but Maloney has not managed to a tune out of either of them.

LewysGot2
10-04-2022, 12:10 PM
I think Mueller and Henderson are actually decent players but Maloney has not managed to a tune out of either of them.
It’s the imbalance in midfield. JDH and Newell and Campbell all in the same midfield. We really lack a midfield dynamo. JDH is no McGeouch, we’ve no equivalent player to a McGinn or Brown or even a Lewis Ferguson.

chrisski33
10-04-2022, 12:11 PM
just bring back Petrie. yes Gordon has spent money but hes brought the wrong folk in and are fking the club up. yes we finished 3rd yes we got to cup finals, yes we have had injuries, yes we lost Boyle. Are the players good enough? maybe a couple. Have the owners and management team have been found out to be not up to it? Maloney has had enough time to show whether there will be progress but surely if any good he would be able to get better results from current players. loads of questions tbh but does anyone know the answers?

Since452
10-04-2022, 12:15 PM

To me Henderson looks like a Championship player and not a very good one. If Liam wasn't his brother he'd be getting the same treatment as Campbell gets. Poor signing. Jury very much out on Mueller but I'll cut him some slack as it's a huge change for him.

Since90+2
10-04-2022, 12:23 PM
To me Henderson looks like a Championship player and not a very good one. If Liam wasn't his brother he'd be getting the same treatment as Campbell gets. Poor signing. Jury very much out on Mueller but I'll cut him some slack as it's a huge change for him.

Henderson is a better player than Campbell. The only attribute that Campbell has that he's better at is covering the ground.

Henderson you can atleast see has a decent level of technical ability, don't see that at all with Campbell.

Stubbsy90+2
10-04-2022, 12:27 PM

Agree.

I said it a few weeks ago and was shot down. He didn’t do well on loan at Ross County and then dropped to the Championship and didn’t do well there either then he suddenly pitches up at Hibs on a 3 year deal.

If he didn’t have a club legend for a brother he wouldn’t be here.

LewysGot2
10-04-2022, 12:30 PM
Agree.

I said it a few weeks ago and was shot down. He didn’t do well on loan at Ross County and then dropped to the Championship and didn’t do well there either then he suddenly pitches up at Hibs on a 3 year deal.

If he didn’t have a club legend for a brother he wouldn’t be here.
As much to do with Maloney being his old Celtic boss.

jacomo
10-04-2022, 01:53 PM

This is pure speculation on your part.

It might be true, it might not, but you are overstating things when you describe it as ‘reality’.

MWHIBBIES
10-04-2022, 01:56 PM

Could not agree more.

jacomo
10-04-2022, 02:17 PM

:agree:

Steven79
10-04-2022, 02:20 PM

What you mean like Chelsea who constantly win things despite sacking their managers all the time?

loanheadhibby
10-04-2022, 02:25 PM

This is where have sympathy for SM. Why is it up to him to get a tune out them? Surely these 2 young men can get a tune out themselves? Do they need a manager cajoling them and instructing them? They are at Hibs as they are talented individuals.

why can’t they get the tune going and help the manager out of a tight spot.

Too many excuses being made for players. If they have anything about them, they’ll step up or they should be shipped out.

Ultimately SM will pay the price if these guys can’t step up.

McHibby
10-04-2022, 02:27 PM
Someone posted earlier (maybe on another thread) that it's drifting they fear more than anything. Unfortunately, this is exactly the vibe I'm feeling from Hibs at the moment.

I really don't get what the wider strategy is or what it is we are trying to build. This isn't helped when there seems to be little logic in the personnel appointed as CEO, Head of Recruitment, Manager and Assistant Manager (GC) - I don't see how any of their skillsets/experience compliment the others.

Whether you wanted Ross to go or not, the manner of his sacking was odd. On the face of it, Gordon had appeared to be backing him, with the contract extension etc. Then punted him right before a semi final without seeming to have a replacement lined up. And I still can't fathom the decision to appoint Maloney, TBH.

It all feels a bit ad-hoc and uncertain 😐

Smartie
10-04-2022, 02:52 PM
This is where have sympathy for SM. Why is it up to him to get a tune out them? Surely these 2 young men can get a tune out themselves? Do they need a manager cajoling them and instructing them? They are at Hibs as they are talented individuals.

Too many excuses being made for players. If they have anything about them, they’ll step up or they should be shipped out.

I could see Mueller being decent after a rest, a full pre-season and then being played wide in a conventional formation.

Henderson has something as well.

I could see both being part of the solution to our problems in the final third - just not under Maloney, in a 343 and whilst we have a wee boy lost up front on his own.

jacomo
10-04-2022, 02:56 PM

Right at the beginning of this season we were actually playing some nice stuff and the results were coming. I think it was a tantalising glimpse of what could have been under Jack Ross.

Unfortunately the injuries then disrupted our rhythm and we reverted to a more cautious, safety first approach. This isn’t how we want Hibs to play, certainly not domestically where we are one of the bigger teams in the league, should be taking games to our opponents, and know that the OF thrive when opponents panic and do nothing but defend.

Scotty Leither
10-04-2022, 02:57 PM
Someone posted earlier (maybe on another thread) that it's drifting they fear more than anything. Unfortunately, this is exactly the vibe I'm feeling from Hibs at the moment.

I really don't get what the wider strategy is or what it is we are trying to build. This isn't helped when there seems to be little logic in the personnel appointed as CEO, Head of Recruitment, Manager and Assistant Manager (GC) - I don't see how any of their skillsets/experience compliment the others.

Whether you wanted Ross to go or not, the manner of his sacking was odd. Gordon had appeared to be backing him, with the contract extension etc. Then punted him right before a semi final without seeming to have a replacement lined up. And I still can't fathom the decision to appoint Maloney, TBH.

Everything feels a bit ad-hoc and uncertain 😐

Yes i'm afraid the same. I travel home and away to see Hibs, who I count as a big part of my life. I've no sense of "entitlement" when it comes to following Hibs, I just want to see our team have a go and play with a bit of spirit, and with a core of decent pros, who look like proper Hibs players, but i'm sorely questioning my commitment to the away games initially for next season, and i'm frankly bored of watching the laboured dross that's served up at home under the last THREE incumbents, Malone, Ross, and Heckingbottom

On a wider note I'd love to see the club punch its weight in regard to regular European qualification, winning its share of Derbies, and beating either or both of the Ugly Sisters at least once at Easter Road every season. I'd also like us just once in my lifetime to witness a challenge for the League title,

I don't these are unreasonable expectations, but I've never felt such apathy and indifference towards the club as I do at the moment and I suspect that what my expectations are don't chime with those in ownership or positions of power at Hibs, despite the corporate bluster.

Lastly, I was at the ST event with Shaun Maloney last Tuesday. Fair play to the guy for turning out, but for me it was a microcosm of where the club seem to see its focus at the moment - it was a lame PR non-event, with no unscripted questions allowed, an opportunity to get a selfie with the manager, and a chance for a free pie, and that was about it.

Not a director in sight, just a media team with one or two hangers-on dotted around and a real feeling of misguided priorities.

Just give's a decent football team Hibs, will you?

Steven79
10-04-2022, 03:03 PM
I think Gordon wanted Ross out regardless of what the fans felt. It was reckless and stupid though, no doubt about it.

I said this at the time. Ross would have been sacked if we had lost the semi final, Gordon couldn’t take the chance that Ross could take the team to victory at Hampden. There’s been rumours about internal fraction between Ross and the owner and his representatives, I think it’s not too wild on the speculation to say the former manager and the club hierarchy were facing irreconcilable differences.

Owners may use fan power as an excuse, but in this case I think the writing was in the wall for Ross regardless.

Yep and we tossed aside a chance of a trophy so Ron could get his own way and sack Jack Ross.

That turned out well...

Since90+2
10-04-2022, 03:10 PM

Because good managers get the best out of their players. Brendan Rodgers done it at Celtic, Gerard done it at the Huns and even guys like Lennon and Stubbs done it with us.

Maloney is not getting the best out of the players available to him. That's plainly obvious.

GreenCastle
10-04-2022, 03:22 PM
Because good managers get the best out of their players. Brendan Rodgers done it at Celtic, Gerard done it at the Huns and even guys like Lennon and Stubbs done it with us.

Maloney is not getting the best out of the players available to him. That's plainly obvious.

You could argue players are getting worse.

Who has improved under Maloney ?

Tha Cabbage Kid
11-04-2022, 02:02 PM
His plan is fantasy stuff, he's too quiet to even get his point across. Would he motivate you? Can't see players wanting to run through a brick wall for him, he is signing players with even less character than him, I don't think he could handle a dressing room with big characters in it. They'd chase him.?? Are you one of the players in the dressing room? Or know one of the players in the dressing room?
Probably not and don't know what your talking about

superfurryhibby
11-04-2022, 02:18 PM
I could see Mueller being decent after a rest, a full pre-season and then being played wide in a conventional formation.

Henderson has something as well.

I could see both being part of the solution to our problems in the final third - just not under Maloney, in a 343 and whilst we have a wee boy lost up front on his own.

Why would he need a rest? He's hardly kicked a baw. So far, I've seen nothing from Mueller that tells me he's going to be a decent signing. I had some expectations that he was going to be a quality footballer. Not so far.

Hibees1973
19-04-2022, 03:10 PM

Ironic with is being Easter, but thought I'd resurrect this thread I posted only about a week ago.

Not saying I told you so, but I stand by everything I said 100%. Now we need to get Ron, his son and Kensall out of the club as soon as possible.

Easier said than done though. Hopefully someone with sense, business acumen and most importantly money, comes out of the shadows in the next few weeks.

blackpoolhibs
19-04-2022, 03:14 PM
Ironic with is being Easter, but thought I'd resurrect this thread I posted only about a week ago.

Not saying I told you so, but I stand by everything I said 100%. Now we need to get Ron, his son and Kensall out of the club as soon as possible.

Easier said than done though. Hopefully someone with sense, business acumen and most importantly money, comes out of the shadows in the next few weeks.

We cant get Gordon out the club, we can apply a little pressure by letting him know we are not happy.

I think it's refreshing we finally have a man at the helm, who does not accept mediocrity. :greengrin

Ronniekirk
19-04-2022, 03:59 PM

Ron’s not got his Solar Panels on the roof of the East Stand yet Going nowhere

GreenCastle
19-04-2022, 04:03 PM

Ron is fine - it’s just the guys below him who aren’t doing their jobs. That’s an issue yes but last thing we need is a new owner.

If you have ever met the guy he’s a good guy - but still finding his feet in Scottish football - not helped currently by the people he trusted (Ben and Ian) not doing their job.

Turkish Green
19-04-2022, 04:10 PM
We wanted rid of STF and RP. That happened resulting in RG & associates. Deja vu.

greenlex
19-04-2022, 04:13 PM
We cant get Gordon out the club, we can apply a little pressure by letting him know we are not happy.

I think it's refreshing we finally have a man at the helm, who does not accept mediocrity. :greengrin

I tell you what. Your last sentence may have been in jest but it’s absolutely true. No more waiting too long in the hope that things to turn round. If your targets aren’t met it’s off you pop. Failure isnt an option.

Waxy
19-04-2022, 04:17 PM
I put part of the blame on the section of Hibs fans who consistantly moaned about Jack Ross.
Dont know what you expected to happen or how better things could have got.
Its a shambles now.

madhatter
19-04-2022, 04:23 PM
I put part of the blame on the section of Hibs fans who consistantly moaned about Jack Ross.
Its a shambles now.

Fans fault again...getting tiresome now.

Jack Ross was on horrendous run as well and he's long gone. Get over it.

GreenCastle
19-04-2022, 04:30 PM
Its a shambles now.

Fans had every right to moan about Ross. He was lucky he survived the derby at Hampden plus the St Johnstone embarrassments.

Maloney failed in his top 6 task - plus couldn’t win a derby that’s before the odd tactics and random subs / team selections.

The club isn’t a shambles - the results were.

Fans have been very good considering what we have had to put up with this season.

Waxy
19-04-2022, 05:45 PM
Fans had every right to moan about Ross. He was lucky he survived the derby at Hampden plus the St Johnstone embarrassments.

Maloney failed in his top 6 task - plus couldn’t win a derby that’s before the odd tactics and random subs / team selections.

Fans have been very good considering what we have had to put up with this season.
Third in the league and getting to Hampden in every competitionbut results were a shambles? I rest my case.

h1bs4life
19-04-2022, 05:46 PM
I tell you what. Your last sentence may have been in jest but it’s absolutely true. No more waiting too long in the hope that things to turn round. If your targets aren’t met it’s off you pop. Failure isnt an option.

Not sure how much he was involved in getting Maloney in , hopefully he is reviewing how we appoint managers.
He should also be reviewing how and who we hand out playing contracts to
Newell now on a long contract , the rush at the end of last year to give players who haven’t proved themselves extended contracts or players who have been constants in teams that have bottled it or got managers sacked new contracts
Ross probably gave them the go ahead then he gets sacked .

Since452
19-04-2022, 05:49 PM

Although they were poor results, people forget St Johnstone went to Ibrox and put out the undefeated runaway league leaders. They were no mugs in the cup. I still expected us to win all 3. If we'd took our chances we might have done. All history now though. No Ross or Maloney. Hopefully the next guy can win something.

jakeshibs
19-04-2022, 07:05 PM

We had STF and he was given nothing but grief, we have turned into a fickled support , we demand the highest, want others to splash the cash but not willing to step up and improve donations etc, its always someone else fault. The board have listen and acted on the support and its cost us three managers, and failure to make any progress

Stubbsy90+2
19-04-2022, 07:18 PM
Its a shambles now.

You don’t know how things could have got better than 7th place and a horrendous run of form/dropping down the league like a stone?

GreenCastle
19-04-2022, 07:23 PM
Third in the league and getting to Hampden in every competitionbut results were a shambles? I rest my case.

Jack Ross made a severe mess of Hampden x3.

That was massive warning signs. We weren’t playing peak Celtic - it was a pre - season Hearts and St Johnstone.

3rd with no derbies in the league and a poor Aberdeen.

I was happy with 3rd but Ross wouldn’t have been sacked if he won the at least one of the Hampden games.

May21/05/16
20-04-2022, 06:03 AM
It's the recruitment committee that's The problem till that structure changes will repeat the the same
Mistakes

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

bigwheel
20-04-2022, 06:44 AM
It seems will be in a constant state of flux with Gordon in charge. Even though he will have good intent, he is already showing he will bullet the manager during their first period of poor results . This will mean that every year or so we will have a new manager. We already have lost the clear structure and identity we had in the latter years of the previous regime , and this will ensure that lack of clear sense of what we are about continues .

I can’t see his ownership ending well …we’ve got a feeling of Chelsea without the money - the complete opposite of what we used to be ..

WestStandWillie
20-04-2022, 07:21 AM
Ron’s biggest mistake to date is the appointment of Steve Kean. That guys is bad news. Should be emptied from our club and straight into unemployment. He’s a snake.

Waxy
20-04-2022, 07:21 AM
Jack Ross made a severe mess of Hampden x3.

That was massive warning signs. We weren’t playing peak Celtic - it was a pre - season Hearts and St Johnstone.

3rd with no derbies in the league and a poor Aberdeen.

I was happy with 3rd but Ross wouldn’t have been sacked if he won the at least one of the Hampden games.
Bigger warning signs are not getting to hampden.