PDA

View Full Version : The The Rangers fans

gbhibby
04-04-2022, 09:34 PM
Have we been transported back to the 1970s.They threw glass bottles at Hibs players and fans at the semi final,throwing bottles at the weekend as well hitting a member of the Celtic backroom team. Will they catch any culprits on CCTV I doubt it. I Noticed a Celtic fan with a crash helmet on circa 1970s.
Odious club and Odious supporters.

The Veteran
04-04-2022, 09:40 PM
Have we been transported back to the 1970s.They threw glass bottles at Hibs players and fans at the semi final,throwing bottles at the weekend as well hitting a member of the Celtic backroom team. Will they catch any culprits on CCTV I doubt it. I Noticed a Celtic fan with a crash helmet on circa 1970s.

We didn’t need a new thread to highlight what a horrible set they are.

But, I’ve posted on it to save your blushes. :na na:

McSwanky
04-04-2022, 09:51 PM
Saw the footage of the Ibrox staff in their lovely half blue, half orange jackets trying to clean up the mess. Orange. Make no mistake, their fans' behaviour is a direct result of the actions of the club. They are the enablers.

MWHIBBIES
05-04-2022, 05:42 AM
My favourite part was hearing a news report that said "a bottle found its way onto the pitch during the OF game"

Imagine them saying that if it was anyone else involved.

JimBHibees
05-04-2022, 05:53 AM
Has there been any footage of the bottle being thrown? You wouldn't have known there was anything thrown in the Hibs semi as nothing was mentioned. Complete contrast when some idiot threw a bottle at Barisic at ER got in the car it was the only thing the gimp English wanted to talk about on sportsound. That and saying the Hibs bench started the rammy. Says it all untouchable.

Jones28
05-04-2022, 06:50 AM
Their fans are odious *****, not all of them, but they have a particularly large minority of them that are. And when 50000 of them are singing their “folk” songs it’s hard to argue that they’re a minority.

What I find more difficult to deal with is the clubs active facilitation of sectarianism. They know it sells, they know their supporters love it and they know there’s nothing anyone can do about it. Orange kits, orange flashes on their training gear, playing the songs over the tannoy, refusal to condemn the behaviour of their fans under any circumstances and the general atmosphere at Ibrox.

Hibernian Verse
05-04-2022, 06:53 AM
Chris McLaughlin didn't miss them on Reporting Scotland last night, surprised he was there without bodyguards.

The Harp Awakes
05-04-2022, 07:37 AM
Has there been any footage of the bottle being thrown? You wouldn't have known there was anything thrown in the Hibs semi as nothing was mentioned. Complete contrast when some idiot threw a bottle at Barisic at ER got in the car it was the only thing the gimp English wanted to talk about on sportsound. That and saying the Hibs bench started the rammy. Says it all untouchable.

So true. Obvious that the West Coast media, BBC Scotland included, want to play down what happened on Sunday. The headlines were all about a Scottish football disgrace rather than pinning it on the Rangers.

English, in the Easter Road incident referred to 'Hibs yobs' over and over again. The media are a massive part of the problem. Partly biased and partly scared to call Rangers out for what they are - a club who make money on the back of racism and and with a significant section of their support who are openly racist.

Sioux
05-04-2022, 07:43 AM
So true. Obvious that the West Coast media, BBC Scotland included, want to play down what happened on Sunday. The headlines were all about a Scottish football disgrace rather than pinning it on the Rangers.

English, in the Easter Road incident referred to 'Hibs yobs' over and over again. The media are a massive part of the problem. Partly biased and partly scared to call Rangers out for what they are - a club who make money on the back of racism and and with a significant section of their support who are openly racist.

Exactly. If they're not part of the solution, they're part of the problem.

They consistently fail to report on these matters. You'd think we're living in Russia!

Mcbizz1998
05-04-2022, 08:52 AM

Our fans chucked a glass bottle at one of their players who was down injured. Celtic fans hit Barry McKay with a plastic bottle when playing hearts.

I HATE the huns but it’s hardly a unique issue to their club. They are probably the worst for it mind you.

gbhibby
05-04-2022, 10:55 AM
Our fans chucked a glass bottle at one of their players who was down injured. Celtic fans hit Barry McKay with a plastic bottle when playing hearts.

I HATE the huns but it’s hardly a unique issue to their club. They are probably the worst for it mind you.
Had a look on follow follow forum and it was condemnation of the idiots that threw the bottles. Every club has idiots.Having experienced the 1970s it is sad that we seem to be returning to that behaviour.

Viva_Palmeiras
05-04-2022, 12:04 PM

Did English not also rip in to Leeann Dempster to the point she had to tell him “where to get off” in an extended interview about her time at the club?

It’s hard to know what’s best to do. In fairness it needs called out and addressed. However in the process it probably serves its purpose - they want and crave controversy to try to maintain their relevance.

JeMeSouviens
05-04-2022, 12:25 PM
Had a look on follow follow forum and it was condemnation of the idiots that threw the bottles. Every club has idiots.Having experienced the 1970s it is sad that we seem to be returning to that behaviour.

Think we can kiss goodbye to any notion of alcohol being sold in stadiums. :rolleyes:

gbhibby
05-04-2022, 12:50 PM
Think we can kiss goodbye to any notion of alcohol being sold in stadiums. :rolleyes:
Agree the clubs are being deprived of a good revenue stream

greenginger
05-04-2022, 12:52 PM

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/police-investigate-after-rangers-fans-22243234

Has there ever been any further mention of this police investigation ?

Has anyone in the media ever asked ?

Hermit Crab
05-04-2022, 12:55 PM
Plenty bottles smuggled in on Sunday, sadly it will be similar this Saturday at Tynecastle as well, both sets of fans have daftness amongst them.

https://twitter.com/DavidTannerTV/status/1511077611379871744?s=20&t=15MRRSZMJwFgPWtljWlAAA

gbhibby
05-04-2022, 12:59 PM
https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/police-investigate-after-rangers-fans-22243234

As usual all quiet on the western media front
Reminds me of a Edinburgh Derby in the 70s when there were 30 odd arrests due to a battle on the terraces,front page news for days. Old firm game 180 arrests small report inside the newspapers QUOTE from Glasgow Polis that it was a quiet game, arrests for minor offences.

Carheenlea
05-04-2022, 01:45 PM
I thought the Buckfast thing was more of a Celtic trait than a Rangers one? Surprised as many Huns were drinking the stuff.

Never tried it myself and not something you see a lot of down my way.

JimBHibees
05-04-2022, 02:48 PM
Chris McLaughlin didn't miss them on Reporting Scotland last night, surprised he was there without bodyguards.

Was thinking that myself

Hibernia&Alba
05-04-2022, 03:05 PM
Bottles thrown onto the pitch, at the Celtic dugout and into the small section of Celtic supporters. I've read reports of relentless spitting into the Celtic fans in the corner, too. Then there was the sectarian songs - the moment Rangers scored, the whole stadium belted out The Billy Boys, which is banned.

Every club has has its miscreants, but for sustained terrible behaviour by a large number of fans, Rangers are on a different plain. You just can't take them anywhere, as their track record proves. There is a reason they are called Scotland's shame by other fans.

JeMeSouviens
05-04-2022, 04:22 PM
Bottles thrown onto the pitch, at the Celtic dugout and into the small section of Celtic supporters. I've read reports of relentless spitting into the Celtic fans in the corner, too. Then there was the sectarian songs - the moment Rangers scored, the whole stadium belted out The Billy Boys, which is banned.

Every club has has its miscreants, but for sustained terrible behaviour by a large number of fans, Rangers are on a different plain. You just can't take them anywhere, as their track record proves. There is a reason they are called Scotland's shame by other fans.

Banned by UEFA, seems to be fine and dandy in Scotland. :rolleyes:

Hibernia&Alba
05-04-2022, 04:30 PM
Banned by UEFA, seems to be fine and dandy in Scotland. :rolleyes:

Yes, without strict liability in Scotland they know there won't be consequences.

Mick O'Rourke
05-04-2022, 08:28 PM
Saw the footage of the Ibrox staff in their lovely half blue, half orange jackets trying to clean up the mess. Orange. Make no mistake, their fans' behaviour is a direct result of the actions of the club. They are the enablers.

Its no accident,those colours and its meaning.
The hard core from the North of Ireland and the LOL members in Scotland are the real force behind rAngers.
More so since the Club they used to follow went to the wall 10 yrs ago and another one took up residence at Ibrox .
They wont accept that. Blind and deaf to it all.

Then we have all this 55 and 150 anniversary nonsense. Something they wish to continually spout and express, saying the transition was seamless ....WE ARE Rangers !!
No,you are not.... Honest! ...But you are the groups that once followed oldco.
Now just more bitter than before your club went bust.
So you dont care and the arrogant entitlement stuff continues.
Keep out of our way,or else.
we do what we like ,We dont care.
Keep oot our way,till we wreck George Square!

Our football media pander to them ,or are scared of the main groups i mentioned,and newco.
Our general tv and newspaper media mostly ignore or airbrush this hatred and violence.
Those anti catholic groups need rAgers to exist, or they eventually wont in any meaningful way.
If they ever had a meaningful way.
That frightens them,too.

55 League titles ! When its only one title won.
What does that tell us?
Av said it ... We do what we want .We dont care........And they don't.
So they continue with their archaic and bigoted behaviour.

They really don't care..

Neither,it seems,do those in Scotland that should care and be brave and strong and rid our nation of this sickness that pervades our society.
Allowing them again to infest the streets of the Capital this Summer,too.
And the inevitable drunkenness and possible violence that may ensue.... when could and should be avoided.
The tools/laws are there to end this public show of 21st Century anti catholic bigotry in Scotland .
Use them, cooncillors/law makers ,or are you also cowards?

Sorry was just thinking aloud here.
And have been for decades on this Shame.

LunasBoots
05-04-2022, 08:39 PM

Appealing for witnesses on social media, racist tweet aimed at Aribo by some lowlife moron aswell going about

The Veteran
05-04-2022, 10:02 PM
Appealing for witnesses on social media, racist tweet aimed at Aribo by some lowlife moron aswell going about

aswell. :faf::faf::faf:

sleeping giant
05-04-2022, 11:13 PM
aswell. :faf::faf::faf:

😂

sleeping giant
05-04-2022, 11:17 PM
I hate the Huns. I really do.
Its immature i know but i dont care 😂

MKHIBEE
06-04-2022, 03:24 AM
I hate the Huns. I really do.
Its immature i know but i dont care 😂

It’s perfectly understandable if you ask me

neil7908
06-04-2022, 05:54 AM
I've read quite a few articles about what happened at the game and it seems to have taken an age for Sevco to come out with any statement about what happened.

And when they do, it was a very short and clearly just designed to move things on.

We need strict liability ASAP but it will never happen. Scottish football will just slowly wither and die.

JimBHibees
06-04-2022, 05:59 AM
I've read quite a few articles about what happened at the game and it seems to have taken an age for Sevco to come out with any statement about what happened.

And when they do, it was a very short and clearly just designed to move things on.

We need strict liability ASAP but it will never happen. Scottish football will just slowly wither and die.

Definitely do need strict liability absolutely shameful nothing gets done no punishments to clubs and no consequences. Only time Rangers took any notice as a club was when UEFA were interested. Fan behaviour has got worse across the board I think and will only get worse if nothing done by football authorities and clubs.

Since90+2
06-04-2022, 06:31 AM
I thought the Buckfast thing was more of a Celtic trait than a Rangers one? Surprised as many Huns were drinking the stuff.

It's nothing to do with Celtic or Rangers specifically it's just the drink of choice of Glaswegian chavs.

DIXIHIBS
06-04-2022, 07:48 AM
Its no accident,those colours and its meaning.
The hard core from the North of Ireland and the LOL members in Scotland are the real force behind rAngers.
More so since the Club they used to follow went to the wall 10 yrs ago and another one took up residence at Ibrox .
They wont accept that. Blind and deaf to it all.

They with all this 55 and 150 anniversary nonsense is something they wish to continually spout and express, saying the transition was seamless ....WE ARE Rangers !!
No your not.... Honest! But you are the groups that followed oldco
Now just more bitter than before your club went bust.
So you dont care and the arrogant entitlement stuff continues.
Keep out our way or else.
we do what we like ,We dont care.
Keep oot our way till we wreck George Square!

Our football media pander to them ,or are scared of the main groups i mentioned.
Those anti catholic groups that need rAgers to exist, or they eventually wont, in any meaningful way.
If they ever had a meaningful way
That frightens them,too

55 League titles ! When its only one title won.
What does that tell us? Av said it .They dont care........

Neither do those in Scotland that should care and be brave and strong and rid our nation of this sickness that pervades our society.
Allowing them again to infest the streets of the Capital this Summer,too
And the inevitable drunkenness and possible violence that may ensue.... when could and should be avoided.
The tools/laws are there to end this public show of 21st Century anti catholic bigotry in Scotland .
Use them, cooncillors/law makers ,or are you also cowards?

Sorry was just thinking aloud here.
And have been for decades on this Shame

Sums it up for me.

Mick O'Rourke
06-04-2022, 07:52 AM
It's nothing to do with Celtic or Rangers specifically it's just the drink of choice of Glaswegian chavs.

In my youth i knew men who i would not have described as louts who liked the old buckie !
It is more associated with younger men now wanting a quick buzz.
That and the white powder i imagine to be a lethal mix.
Buckfast does not get you drunk.. It gets you high
Its jailbait stuff if taken to excess. Which is what they mostly do.
It was always "popular" in parts of Ayrshire/Lanarkshire,along with tawny and other fortified wines like Four Crown and Lanliq.
Not just among football fans,either.
Many pubs in the west of scotland had these drinks on optics,alongside the whisky,vodka and gin.

When someone uses the defence" I have no memory of what i did" after drinking Buckfast. That is normally true.
Mad Juice

Since452
06-04-2022, 09:39 AM
I enjoy the occasional Buckfast. Unfortunally it's assosiated with neds so buying it can be embarrassing. Plenty people can drink it without turning into idiots.

Renfrew_Hibby
06-04-2022, 10:36 AM

Are you kidding? Buckie is consumed in vast quantities by all manner of neds in the west, no matter what your fitba team is. Been like this for years.

Mick O'Rourke
06-04-2022, 10:52 AM
Are you kidding? Buckie is consumed in vast quantities by all manner of neds in the west, no matter what your fitba team is. Been like this for years.

No just them.
I used to visit family in Lanark often when i was a youngster and Buckfast was commonly drunk then.
Lanimar Day was something else !

Its a quick high is buckie.Buckfast on top of beer and whatever else anyone consumes?....
Recipe for disaster or comotose...... Or both !!
New Buckfast Abbey slogan/Ad

Want to get Buckled !?
Get Buckfast !!

CentreLine
06-04-2022, 12:04 PM
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/rangers/why-strict-liability-wont-work-in-scottish-football-neil-doncaster-responds-after-rangers-incidents-3640944

So it seems Doncaster is on board with the GFA excuses. Ludicrous to suggest clubs would not sell tickets to their own support for away games. He quoted European parallels but European clubs sell plenty to their fans traveling away.

BILLYHIBS
07-04-2022, 05:49 AM
I wonder how Wee Abdul is getting on ? :greengrin

https://youtu.be/wvakXof8mYQ

Mick O'Rourke
07-04-2022, 08:47 AM

If Abdul had been living in the USA for the past few years, we might have seen him doing selfies in the front row at Trump rallies.
He would love Donald's hair colour and get the wig.
Possibly he could also be seen picketing Black Lives Matter protests,whilst awaiting membership of the KKK with his Confederate Stars and Bars flag round his neck singing.
Hallo !! hallo !!
We are the Hill Billy Boys !

BILLYHIBS
07-04-2022, 08:58 AM
If Abdul had been living in the USA for the past few years, we might have seen him doing selfies in the front row at Trump rallies.
He would love Donald's hair colour and get the wig.
Possibly he could also be seen picketing Black Lives Matter protests,whilst awaiting membership of the KKK with his Confederate Stars and Bars flag round his neck singing.
Hallo !! hallo !!
We are the Hill Billy Boys !
Poor guy

My favourite was when he was interviewed before the League Cup Semi Final he gave a confident 2-0 The Rangers prediction

:faf:

Hibernia&Alba
07-04-2022, 02:27 PM

What an embarrassment that crackpot is. Definitely isn't all there. I thought he was under a football banning order?

BILLYHIBS
07-04-2022, 06:00 PM
What an embarrassment that crackpot is. Definitely isn't all there. I thought he was under a football banning order?

Me too I was surprised to see him in the Stadium

Crazy mixed up kid

Imagine wanting to be part of that mob

Despicable club

LunasBoots
07-04-2022, 06:10 PM

Another video of him outside the ground trying to get others going sith the 'I'd rather be a', this guy should be banned for his and others safety

Mick O'Rourke
07-04-2022, 06:27 PM
Another video of him outside the ground trying to get others going sith the 'I'd rather be a', this guy should be banned for his and others safety

No evidence of any of his vids,but its quite emarkable in the places he is filmed,that he has managed to get away with no being battered. I know fans mostly know of him and just ignore. But ..

It really needs for him to be lifted and some meaningful restriction order for his safety.
Am no expert,but he is surely a case for social work /psychiatric help.

darwenhibby
07-04-2022, 06:43 PM
No evidence of any of his vids,but its quite emarkable in the places he is filmed,that he has managed to get away with no being battered. I know fans mostly know of him and just ignore. But ..

It really needs for him to be lifted and some meaningful restriction order for his safety.
Am no expert,but he is surely a case for social work /psychiatric help.

Needs social psychiatric help for being a hun!

Lendo
07-04-2022, 06:52 PM

He does and I’m guessing that’s why the rozzers were trying to grab him. No question they know who he is.

From what I’ve heard there were a lot of Huns sneaking in to the ground without tickets, two at a time in the turnstiles. Assuming that’s how he got in.

Iggy Pope
07-04-2022, 07:19 PM
Can’t be sure if it is this fellah but I was recently at a gig, in Edinburgh, a skinhead band of some note who attract all sorts good bad indifferent, but mostly fans of the genre (I know, it’s difficult but that’s 60 years of pop culture for you) .

I was amazed at an Asian lad there wearing a t-shirt that said what it did. Gobsmacked in fact and there can’t be two of him. I’ll never understand racism but it’s hard to comprehend a racist British Asian. Maybe I’m old.
I heard Imelda May recite her brilliant ‘You Don’t Get to Be Irish and Racist’ poem recently (look it up).

Old Abdul fellah needs to take note. And quickly.

oldbutdim
07-04-2022, 10:08 PM
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/rangers/why-strict-liability-wont-work-in-scottish-football-neil-doncaster-responds-after-rangers-incidents-3640944

So it seems Doncaster is on board with the GFA excuses. Ludicrous to suggest clubs would not sell tickets to their own support for away games. He quoted European parallels but European clubs sell plenty to their fans traveling away.

Doncaster gave 2 examples; the home club being held responsible for the behaviour of all fans, and this leading to encouraging away fans to misbehave.
And the away club responsible for behaviour of its fans, which would be difficult.

He didn’t consider the home club being responsible for its own supporters for some reason. I can’t think why.

SiinDubai
07-04-2022, 11:11 PM
Doncaster is a slavering idiot !!!!
Make each club responsible for there own support, if it’s home or away it doesn’t matter.
Start with a fine, then move onto points deducted.

JimBHibees
08-04-2022, 05:54 AM
Doncaster is a slavering idiot !!!!
Make each club responsible for there own support, if it’s home or away it doesn’t matter.
Start with a fine, then move onto points deducted.

He is making excuses no doubt. Assume in England clubs are responsible for their fans if so should absolutely be the case here. The way it is going with behaviour possible something not great will happen. Liability should be in place it is the only way the clubs will do anything realistic to take accountability. Government should force clubs to do so. Doncaster is just a front for the clubs.