PDA

View Full Version : Our Referees, Again!

brog
03-04-2022, 02:40 PM
Even by our shocking standards our refs excelled themselves yesterday. Here's some highlights!
1. Watching Liverpool game and ball bounces off one defender on to another defender's arm. Commentator laughs, they're never getting a pen for that. Well they do if Alan Muir's the ref!!
2. Penrose of Livi absolutely wipes out St J player. Much worse than Porto's tackle at Ibrox, yellow card.
3. St J defender slips and deliberately arms ball away in box and right in front of Clancy, play on!! A stonewaller!
4. Charlie Adam pushes Lewis Ferguson twice in face. Brother Beaton gives Dundee a free kick from which they score. TBF Ferguson committed the 1st foul but I doubt Beaton noticed that either! I loved Adam's comments about Ferguson play acting and needing to man up!
5. Our penalty claim and Mueller booking. Does anyone seriously think that would have happened to either of the uglies? No, the geniuses on Sportscene would be nodding profoundly and saying, well theres contact in the box so it has to be a penalty!

at last 61
04-04-2022, 06:01 PM
Even when var comes in it will be the same idiots running that as well, we have to bring in referees from outside Scotland

cabbageandribs1875
04-04-2022, 06:20 PM
where was it we got the refs/officials from for a one-off strike by our officials several years ago, Malta iirc ? and there was no controversy with them, invite them back ;)

clancy is a clown btw :)

madhatter
04-04-2022, 06:21 PM
Our main media outlets cannot stay impartial so you can guarantee our referees can't be.

Of the belief that a Scottish psyche keeps us back or something. I always used to try to reason that without Celtic and The Rangers we'd be better off, I've now begun to doubt we would. I think it would be status quo with new dominant teams and same dated coverage with same incompetent, corrupt, officials and associations siding with the big dogs.

Whether it be due to budget restraints or tribalism, we want scandals, arguments and a chance to point the finger. Even more so than our collective game to prosper.

VAR idea should be binned. We want the scandal and have no intention of routing this out of our psyche so VAR just makes Scottish football boring. Probably best not having widespread ref incompetence and corruption on video either.

jakedance
04-04-2022, 08:26 PM
Hibs back VAR. this will divide opinion I expect. VAR isn’t perfect but it can’t be any worse than the on field decisions. I’m for it (marginally).

https://twitter.com/hibernianfc/status/1511071946158616580?s=21&t=D_JPZi-zTDd582N5tAnOQA

eastterrace
04-04-2022, 08:39 PM
Hibs back VAR. this will divide opinion I expect. VAR isn’t perfect but it can’t be any worse than the on field decisions. I’m for it (marginally).

https://twitter.com/hibernianfc/status/1511071946158616580?s=21&t=D_JPZi-zTDd582N5tAnOQA
I think wee need var but would we have got the pen on Saturday with it as some saying pen and others saying dive so it’s still really someone’s opinion in the end.

OstKurve Hibs
04-04-2022, 08:47 PM
I wish more players would start calling out their fellow "proffesionals" for diving and play acting.
The game is ruined because of it.
It's not about who's the better team wins now, its whoever can best cheat they're way to a win.

GreenCastle
04-04-2022, 08:48 PM
Surely they need to get goal line technology before VAR light ? (The cheap version with the added old firm bias).

Swedish hibee
04-04-2022, 09:05 PM
Completely agree. Goal line technology first. No to var.

LunasBoots
04-04-2022, 09:12 PM

Refereeing is that bad at the moment we could do with it now.

madhatter
04-04-2022, 09:23 PM
Can we superimpose Porteous' face onto opposition players' bodies in the VAR footage?

JamesHFC
04-04-2022, 09:27 PM

I’m also for it. I’m intrigued to see how Celtic & Rangers vote on this.

HoboHarry
05-04-2022, 03:32 AM
Completely agree. Goal line technology first. No to var.

If Scottish football can't have both then it has no grounds for complaint about not being taken seriously.

JimBHibees
05-04-2022, 06:00 AM
Refereeing is that bad at the moment we could do with it now.

Yep we would be top 6 now if we had it.

Slim Shady
05-04-2022, 06:21 AM
Barrie McKay with a swan dive. Zero contact and penalty awarded.
He should’ve been cited for this and banned this weekend.

JimBHibees
05-04-2022, 03:37 PM
Barrie McKay with a swan dive. Zero contact and penalty awarded.
He should’ve been cited for this and banned this weekend.

So should Aberdeen winger Besiujen dived no contact stays down injured Aberdeen scores miraculously jumps up and joins in celebration. Should definitely be cited. If he isnt corrupt.

allezsauzee
05-04-2022, 06:23 PM
VAR sounds great in theory but I'll be very surprised if it doesn't just make us more incredulous that the referees can still make a total erse of it after spending 5 minutes watching replays of an incident.

kaimendhibs
05-04-2022, 06:41 PM
So should Aberdeen winger Besiujen dived no contact stays down injured Aberdeen scores miraculously jumps up and joins in celebration. Should definitely be cited. If he isnt corrupt.

Aberdeen guy is a disgrace.

JohnM1875
05-04-2022, 06:43 PM
Aberdeen guy is a disgrace.

Was shocking against us as well. Should have been booked twice but got away with both.

JimBHibees
07-04-2022, 03:12 PM
Was shocking against us as well. Should have been booked twice but got away with both.

Assume he hasnt been cited which is a joke given what some players get pulled up on eg Paul McGinn