PDA

View Full Version : Maloney has to stay

Percy Vere
03-04-2022, 09:51 AM
Really excellent display from Hibs today. Confident possession football, just a shame it wasn’t finished off with a winner.
Second half Dundee Utd had no answers and Harry Clarke looked absolutely fantastic. Where would we be if even he had been playing earlier this season. I think Maloney system is starting to come together more coherently and with goals Hibs will be a force next season.

AugustaHibs
03-04-2022, 09:56 AM
Really excellent display from Hibs today. Confident possession football, just a shame it wasn’t finished off with a winner.
Second half Dundee Utd had no answers and Harry Clarke looked absolutely fantastic. Where would we be if even he had been playing earlier this season. I think Maloney system is starting to come together more coherently and with goals Hibs will be a force next season.

Excellent display?

Our standards are on the floor.

glenberviehibee
03-04-2022, 09:56 AM
I thought yesterday especially the 2nd half was the best ive seen them for quite a while and thought we where unfortunate not to get a winner.

Rondon
03-04-2022, 10:04 AM

Careful, your in danger of being called a jambo on here with a post like that 😂

Counldnt agree more, you saw what I saw yesterday..

Was nice to see its keep possession yesterday.

We need more creativity and goals from midfield and a couple more strikers and I think we will look good.

Keepers positioning for the goal was terrible though. Not sure what maloney will do for a keeper next year

Rondon
03-04-2022, 10:07 AM
Excellent display?

God sake knew it wouldn’t take long.

He’s no saying I’m we’re the finished article, just there were a number of positives to take from that performance yesterday for once.

We should’ve had a pen and melkerson missed a chance he should’ve absolutely buried and that was disappointing.

But plenty positives to take.

Give me maloney over ross every day of the week.

Nitten
03-04-2022, 10:10 AM
Some supporters really blinkered in their views of our performances. Maloney has tried to get us playing on the front foot from the off, through controlled possession. Without doubt we could play the ball fwd.quicker at times but at least we are trying to play football.
I am in no doubt had Clarke, Nisbet, Magennis and all the other injured players been available we would not be having this conversation. Too many negative and delusional supporters think we should bin Maloney….rubbish. Looking at Utd. yesterday, clearly happy for the draw, and with a good support sold short. IMHO I have never seen Maloney send a Hibs team out for a draw.
Most importantly the players are behind him and in the second half yesterday we dominated our opponents and should have had a stone wall penalty.
Calls for his departure are way out of order and say more about the lack of football intelligence of our so called support.
:flag:

Mick O'Rourke
03-04-2022, 10:13 AM

:agree: A refreshing change from the doom and gloom threads at present
The end is nigh merchants :greengrin

:singing: Cheer up ! cheer up ! The boys will see you through
The boys who beat the rAngers and the Glasgow Celtic,too
Cheer up ! Cheer up! :singing:The boys will see you right
The boys who wear the colours
The brilliant Green And White.

Next week?
Its been evident for some time that hertz have won a watch in re-signing Craig Gordon.
And it seems he was hertz MoM yesterday.
Worth his weight in gold and their 3rd place is owed a lot to him.

Have an off day,Craig !

1-0 to the Hi-Bees.

:singing: One Shaun Maloney!!

OldEast
03-04-2022, 10:15 AM
Excellent display?

The point of this thread has just passed you by hasn't it.

LaMotta
03-04-2022, 10:15 AM
Careful, your in danger of being called a jambo on here with a post like that ��

We need more creativity and goals from midfield and a couple more strikers and I think we will look good.

Keepers positioning for the goal was terrible though. Not sure what maloney will do for a keeper next year

How was his positioning terrible? Dabrowski had no chance with the goal:confused:

Rondon
03-04-2022, 10:17 AM
How was his positioning terrible? Dabrowski had no chance with the goal:confused:

I actually just watched it again after u said that as I hadn’t seen it again since I was at the game.

Yeah ok maybe I’m a bit harsh.

Happy to admit I mum wrong

HendoDelivered
03-04-2022, 10:19 AM
I think once we clear out some of the dead wood/JR’s pish and sign some quality players capable of playing the system n style Maloney wants, we will be a different team next season. Maloney isn’t stupid, he knows we aren’t good enough and he knows whats required to be better next season.

Watch this space 🤞🏼

LaMotta
03-04-2022, 10:19 AM
I actually just watched it again after u said that as I hadn’t seen it again since I was at the game.

Yeah ok maybe I’m a bit harsh.

Happy to admit I mum wrong

Fair enough mate:aok:

Rondon
03-04-2022, 10:21 AM
I think once we clear out some of the dead wood/JR’s pish and sign some quality players capable of playing the system n style Maloney wants, we will be a different team next season. Maloney isn’t stupid, he knows we aren’t good enough and he knows whats required to be better next season.

Watch this space 🤞🏼

Spot on 👍🏽

Rondon
03-04-2022, 10:22 AM
Fair enough mate:aok:

And sorry for calling you mum too 😂

Bloody autocorrect

Percy Vere
03-04-2022, 10:23 AM
Careful, your in danger of being called a jambo on here with a post like that 😂

Haha yeah
But I’m sick of the knockers
Maloneys not had his problems to seek and if people can’t see the quality yesterday it’s because they don’t want to see it.
We need goals. But our main striker is injured. Doidge isn’t on it for whatever reason. Melkersen is finding his way. And of course MB is gone.
We need another window. Then we will see Maloneys team.

Percy Vere
03-04-2022, 10:31 AM
Some supporters really blinkered in their views of our performances. Maloney has tried to get us playing on the front foot from the off, through controlled possession. Without doubt we could play the ball fwd.quicker at times but at least we are trying to play football.
I am in no doubt had Clarke, Nisbet, Magennis and all the other injured players been available we would not be having this conversation. Too many negative and delusional supporters think we should bin Maloney….rubbish. Looking at Utd. yesterday, clearly happy for the draw, and with a good support sold short. IMHO I have never seen Maloney send a Hibs team out for a draw.
Most importantly the players are behind him and in the second half yesterday we dominated our opponents and should have had a stone wall penalty.
Calls for his departure are way out of order and say more about the lack of football intelligence of our so called support.

What he said
Great post 👍

Green Reaper
03-04-2022, 10:32 AM
I am really looking forward to next season and am expecting to be pleasantly surprised with some of our summer signing. There is a certain type of player missing from that midfield and expect Maloney to push to get who he wants, wouldn’t be surprised if we broke our transfer record for the right person.

Rondon
03-04-2022, 11:01 AM
Haha yeah
But I’m sick of the knockers
Maloneys not had his problems to seek and if people can’t see the quality yesterday it’s because they don’t want to see it.
We need goals. But our main striker is injured. Doidge isn’t on it for whatever reason. Melkersen is finding his way. And of course MB is gone.
We need another window. Then we will see Maloneys team.

Spot on

Winston Ingram
03-04-2022, 11:15 AM
[QUOTE=Percy Vere;6908906]Really excellent display from Hibs today. Confident possession football, just a shame it wasn’t finished off with a winner.
Second half Dundee Utd had no answers and Harry Clarke looked absolutely fantastic. Where would we be if even he had been playing earlier this season. I think Maloney system is starting to come together more coherently and with goals Hibs will be a force next season.[/QUOT

Utter nonsense. We were bang average

Iain G
03-04-2022, 11:18 AM
[QUOTE=Percy Vere;6908906]Really excellent display from Hibs today. Confident possession football, just a shame it wasn’t finished off with a winner.
Second half Dundee Utd had no answers and Harry Clarke looked absolutely fantastic. Where would we be if even he had been playing earlier this season. I think Maloney system is starting to come together more coherently and with goals Hibs will be a force next season.[/QUOT

Just checking on the sliding scale of misery, is bang average better or worse than just average? Asking for a friend...

A Hi-Bee
03-04-2022, 11:22 AM
While I don't think we were great we certainly were not just bang average (whatever that means) in the 2nd half. Maloney will get to the end result with Hibs in spite of the many Muppets around spouting off opinions of how good a football manager they would be. its support the team needs not the pitchfork army types.
GGTTH

:flag::flag::flag:

chrisski33
03-04-2022, 11:40 AM
I think some folk need to realise that since Maloney took over we have started to slide down the league and probably going to finish bottom 6 rather than battling for 3rd. I think this should be a concern.
We played ok but are folk seriously happy that we maybe playing more "confident" but cant win a game?
Its not time to call for Maloney to go and reckon he will get the summer window and see how next season starts.

Percy Vere
03-04-2022, 11:48 AM
I think some folk need to realise that since Maloney took over we have started to slide down the league and probably going to finish bottom 6 rather than battling for 3rd. I think this should be a concern.
We played ok but are folk seriously happy that we maybe playing more "confident" but cant win a game?
Its not time to call for Maloney to go and reckon he will get the summer window and see how next season starts.

Fair enough but he’s been working with half a squad. What would you do???
I’m just saying why can’t we pick out the positives instead of constantly looking for negatives. It’s too easy to complain and moan.
I believe we are Hibs SUPPORTERS and I can see improvement that could transform into quite a different proposition next season with the right signings.

Scouse Hibee
03-04-2022, 11:49 AM

I agree it is utter nonsense that we were bang average.

Iain G
03-04-2022, 11:55 AM

How can we "slide down" from the 7th place we were in when he took over when we are currently in sixth place? Maybe we slid up a bit? 🤣

Smartie
03-04-2022, 11:56 AM
I agree it is utter nonsense that we were bang average.

We were decent in the second half but very poor in the first.

It all depends on where you think that levels out - I would say that "bang average" is fairly accurate, taking into consideration the full 90.

I accept that the optimists amongst our support might look to a better second 45 and point out the signs of improvement. I also accept that the pessimists aren't short of evidence if they want to paint a miserable picture.

JimBHibees
03-04-2022, 12:00 PM

Totally agree give the guy a decent chance rather than making a difficult job more so. We are getting done by refs he has lost Boyle and had a ridiculous amount of injuries to contend with. Time to actually support the team and club at a difficult time.

cubehindthegoal
03-04-2022, 12:13 PM
Totally agree give the guy a decent chance rather than making a difficult job more so. We are getting done by refs he has lost Boyle and had a ridiculous amount of injuries to contend with. Time to actually support the team and club at a difficult time.

What a refreshing thread this is :) I think there are lots of positives so far … it won’t happen overnight … he’s barely had half a season, and yet some people want him out ?! omg has never applied more aptly … when he gets the team, and players he wants, playing well a year from now, there’ll be a lot of disappointed folk on here … how sad.

Thanks for creating a thread that is very positive :)

Libby Hibby
03-04-2022, 12:15 PM
What impresses me with the team under Maloney is how little chances the opposition create, defensively, we are pretty sound under him

Smartie
03-04-2022, 12:18 PM
What impresses me with the team under Maloney is how little chances the opposition create, defensively, we are pretty sound under him

This is a decent shout.

Some defensive frailties had crept in under Ross. We do look more secure under Maloney.

It has come at a cost at the other end imo and when we go behind it can be hard to see us winning games. I didn't think we had 2 goals in us yesterday after we went behind.

Libby Hibby
03-04-2022, 12:24 PM
This is a decent shout.

Some defensive frailties had crept in under Ross. We do look more secure under Maloney.

It has come at a cost at the other end imo and when we go behind it can be hard to see us winning games. I didn't think we had 2 goals in us yesterday after we went behind.

I tend to agree regarding our chances but yesterday, 2nd half at least, was better.

But defensively, rarely do the opposition get loads of chances in a game.

Iggy Pope
03-04-2022, 01:04 PM
This is a decent shout.

Neither did I but a good penalty shout and an open goal sitter at 1-1 changed my mind.

BoomtownHibees
03-04-2022, 01:15 PM

Slide down the league from being in 7th to now being in 6th?

Libby Hibby
03-04-2022, 01:37 PM

Only on hibs.net can we improve yet still folk aren’t happy

Stubbsy90+2
03-04-2022, 02:35 PM

To be fair Maloney took us over in 5th I think. Ross left in 7th.

5th to 6th by 1 point whilst losing Martin Boyle and having the worst injury list I’ve ever seen isn’t the disaster it’s being made out to be though.

Percy Vere
03-04-2022, 04:19 PM
What a refreshing thread this is :) I think there are lots of positives so far … it won’t happen overnight … he’s barely had half a season, and yet some people want him out ?! omg has never applied more aptly … when he gets the team, and players he wants, playing well a year from now, there’ll be a lot of disappointed folk on here … how sad.

Thanks for creating a thread that is very positive :)

👍

Percy Vere
03-04-2022, 04:26 PM

5th to 6th by 1 point whilst losing Martin Boyle and having the worst injury list I’ve ever seen isn’t the disaster it’s being made out to be though.

Great point
The injury situation has been horrendous
Difficult to see what you do in that situation
But one thing you can be sure of is a long row of expert managers claiming we should do better regardless of the players available.
We all want Hibs to win every game including SM.
But when we don’t let’s not berate the players and manager every single time.

JohnMcM
03-04-2022, 04:36 PM
[QUOTE=Winston Ingram;6909038]

Just checking on the sliding scale of misery, is bang average better or worse than just average? Asking for a friend...

:faf:

A Hi-Bee
03-04-2022, 05:33 PM
[QUOTE=Iain G;6909040]

:faf:

Stands to reason that it must be bang. Just bang.

Iain G
03-04-2022, 05:45 PM
[QUOTE=JohnMcM;6909510]

Stands to reason that it must be bang. Just bang.

Bang bang, Maloney shot me down? 🤣

Greenwich_Hibby
03-04-2022, 07:57 PM
Only bang here is a manager bang out of his depth and needs replaced.

McGruber
04-04-2022, 06:27 AM

I think this will only be a valid point if we finish 6th. I don't think we will and very likely to be in the bottom 6. From there who knows, we are picking up less points just now than teams below us. I guess it is too soon to call it. Win at Tynecastle and things will be great, lose and that disaster you mentioned will be staring us in the face - wouldn't even be safe from the play offs

Jones28
04-04-2022, 06:38 AM
I genuinely the best thing that could happen for Maloney is: we win the next two derbies, but things conspire against us and we end up bottom six. Then there’s five games of playing the poorer side in the league for Maloney to really stamp an identity on his team, and hopefully 5 positive results. Then we have a Scottish cup final to look forward to, and end the season on a bit of a high. The worst thing would be for that to happen but lose out on the cup final space.

Stubbsy90+2
04-04-2022, 06:48 AM
I genuinely the best thing that could happen for Maloney is: we win the next two derbies, but things conspire against us and we end up bottom six. Then there’s five games of playing the poorer side in the league for Maloney to really stamp an identity on his team, and hopefully 5 positive results. Then we have a Scottish cup final to look forward to, and end the season on a bit of a high. The worst thing would be for that to happen but lose out on the cup final space.
Unless I’m missing something, a win this weekend guarantees top six.

Skol
04-04-2022, 06:58 AM
Yep. Would need a points deduction for us to win and not make top six.

Steve20
04-04-2022, 07:10 AM
If you're happy with our performances, including Saturday, then your standards really are rock bottom. We are such a poor team that hardly win games.

But I'm not for sacking Maloney at all. It's the standard of player we have. Recruitment has been a shambles and led to us needing big changes AGAIN to make us decent.

Jones28
04-04-2022, 08:28 AM
Unless I’m missing something, a win this weekend guarantees top six.

Ah.

Well, a win in a derby is a win, so I'll take it. And a top six finish is a top six finish, so I'll take that too.

RIP
04-04-2022, 08:35 AM
I’d happily accept bottom six if it meant that we could get our injured players back to fitness and Shaun can continue to experiment with players and positions.

For example, could we try Harry Clarke in a front two?

For me, it’s all about next season

Juice-Terry
04-04-2022, 08:50 AM
Although I agree with the positive messages on this thread Maloney's two subs on Saturday were utterly baffling. Wright and Scott should be nowhere near the pitch on match days. Bring on youths if needs be....

superfurryhibby
04-04-2022, 08:59 AM
I’d happily accept bottom six if it meant that we could get our injured players back to fitness and Shaun can continue to experiment with players and positions.

For example, could we try Harry Clarke in a front two?

For me, it’s all about next season

I think we need to do better than experiment with a loanee right back/ centre back as a striker. Bottom six and experimenting as you suggest would bring the risk of a play off.

I just find stuff like this a bit bizarre, is this an example of accepting mediocrity:wink:?

Hibernian Verse
04-04-2022, 09:14 AM
Everytime I see us play now I feel like we are really close to clicking. Increasingly so on Saturday.

I just hope that it happens this Saturday, and I can't wait to go through the turnstiles at the piggery already.

happiehibbie
04-04-2022, 09:20 AM
I am a season ticket holder but due to other commitments I have only seen us a few times mainly midweek or Sunday games.

Since SM take over, The games I have watch we have changed to a style in playing out from the back etc for me we,re very slow at moving the ball about or out from the back.

I got to the game on Saturday the first half was awful the second half was a bit better. I expect better from us. SM I was pleased to see him get the job good player attack minded and not a Largs graduate.

I do hope he gets it right but right now his Report card would read must do better.

ST is bought I have resigned my position at the Strollers and looking forward to next season

Percy Vere
04-04-2022, 09:42 AM
Although I agree with the positive messages on this thread Maloney's two subs on Saturday were utterly baffling. Wright and Scott should be nowhere near the pitch on match days. Bring on youths if needs be....

I thought that Wright has shown something in the games he’s played.
Scott hasn’t ever had a run has he? So short introductions, in which he hasn’t shone, not much more to say.

Percy Vere
04-04-2022, 09:48 AM
I am a season ticket holder but due to other commitments I have only seen us a few times mainly midweek or Sunday games.

Since SM take over, The games I have watch we have changed to a style in playing out from the back etc for me we,re very slow at moving the ball about or out from the back.

I got to the game on Saturday the first half was awful the second half was a bit better. I expect better from us. SM I was pleased to see him get the job good player attack minded and not a Largs graduate.

I do hope he gets it right but right now his Report card would read must do better.

ST is bought I have resigned my position at the Strollers and looking forward to next season

Totally get where your coming from.
I genuinely thought second half was much much better.
Decent penalty claim and Melkersen miss, we should’ve won.
Think there are signs it’s starting to click.
I believe with more players back and a few key signings you will be rewarded for buying your ST for next season.

wookie70
04-04-2022, 10:02 AM
Excepting the cup games I think Saturday's game saw us get a few men forward. It was also miles better in terms of players receiving the ball and thinking of moving forward as a first thought. JDH pretty much received the ball and moved forward every time on Saturday. We were still powderpuff in the final third but we did get there a bit quicker and in greater numbers. It was the first time in a while it looked like the players knew what their roles were. In no way was it an excellent performance though and bang average would be how I would describe it too. It did though take the heat, quite rightly, off SM as it was clear we were looking to attack throughout the game and there was some purpose to our game. Nowhere near enough speed and urgency in a game we really needed to win but at least there were some positive signs.

As another poster said the good news is we don't look like conceding many and it will be interesting to see how that changes if we try to get more men forward and play at a quicker tempo. There may be a period where results get worse but entertainment and goals scored actually improves.

davhibby
04-04-2022, 11:49 AM
Saturday was the best we’ve played in a long time. We started with a good tempo and a bit of purpose, got a bit rocked by losing a soft goal and took a while to get back in to it but once we did that we were good. Still need to be better in the final third though but when was the last time we had over 20 shots in a game? That alone shows we’re going in the right direction

SaulGoodman
04-04-2022, 01:08 PM
If he stays, there will be double.

flash
04-04-2022, 01:09 PM
If he stays, there will be trouble.

But if he goes it will be double.

SaulGoodman
04-04-2022, 01:09 PM
But if he goes it will be double.

Just me getting it in the wrong order😂

DetroitHibs
09-04-2022, 04:23 PM
Still think so after that?

A Hi-Bee
09-04-2022, 04:31 PM
Still think so after that?

It's hard to defend but we cannot just keep sacking managers the cost along is or would be killing us I would think, dont know if the past manager has even finished his gardening leave spell, which would have cost us a few bob.
Who would you bring in, Hibs is a broken side has been since around 2018 when we never spent the cash we should have to try and replace very good players who had left.
It is gonna be a long haul to even get back to being a half decent side and it will cost lots of cash. The ****bos over the other side have lots of spare cash and will be bringing in more now, while we are in danger of being left behind, that's what happens in a downwards spiral, I mentioned it months ago long before Maloney and people pooh poohed it, well you know what, we are at that stage now.
It is enough to make you swear, ****ing shocking state to get ourselves into and no quick fix.

Northernhibee
09-04-2022, 04:45 PM
We can sack managers if they’re incompetent. He’s as bad as Butcher. Get him to ****.

DetroitHibs
09-04-2022, 04:53 PM
It's hard to defend but we cannot just keep sacking managers the cost along is or would be killing us I would think, dont know if the past manager has even finished his gardening leave spell, which would have cost us a few bob.
Who would you bring in, Hibs is a broken side has been since around 2018 when we never spent the cash we should have to try and replace very good players who had left.
It is gonna be a long haul to even get back to being a half decent side and it will cost lots of cash. The ****bos over the other side have lots of spare cash and will be bringing in more now, while we are in danger of being left behind, that's what happens in a downwards spiral, I mentioned it months ago long before Maloney and people pooh poohed it, well you know what, we are at that stage now.
It is enough to make you swear, ****ing shocking state to get ourselves into and no quick fix.

I'd give Steve Kean the job until the end of the season personally. He's got more experience in the dig out and would feel more confident of not being drawn into a relegation dogfight with him in charge.