PDA

View Full Version : Mueller penalty claim

Carheenlea
02-04-2022, 04:17 PM
Watching on Hibs TV today so have had the advantage of seeing it a few times. He’s chosen to go down rather than forced down I’d say.

By letter of law it’s probably a legitimate claim as defender has left his leg in, but enough to knock him over?

Would have preferred him to stay on his feet and take a pop at goal from a dangerous position rather than try to “win” a penalty.

Stubbsy90+2
02-04-2022, 04:18 PM
I thought it was a dive at the game but I’ve not seen it back.

Looked like he felt the contact, thought about it then went down.

500miles
02-04-2022, 04:20 PM
Watching on Hibs TV today so have had the advantage of seeing it a few times. He’s chosen to go down rather than forced down I’d say.

By letter of law it’s probably a legitimate claim as defender has left his leg in, but enough to knock him over?

Would have preferred him to stay on his feet and take a pop at goal from a dangerous position rather than try to “win” a penalty.

When refs start giving pens for players not going down, I'll agree with you. As it is, the United player gives away a daft foul and Mueller gratefully accepts the opportunity.

Penalty all day.

Bob1875
02-04-2022, 04:21 PM
Embarrassing that the 2 Hibs tv commentators were trying to justify his dive

hibee1875
02-04-2022, 04:22 PM
Penalty all day. He went down under contact. You see it 100s of times a season and 90% of them are given.

A Hi-Bee
02-04-2022, 04:23 PM
It was a pen, :rules: That Robertson just dont like Americans or the colour green.
:aok:

LewysGot2
02-04-2022, 04:24 PM
Only saw it live at the match but I thought there was contact but he had a delayed response to it. Not necessarily a pen but also not necessarily a dive. Hope tv clears it up. At the time you shout for it

HibbyAndy
02-04-2022, 04:30 PM
Looked a stonewall penalty to me .you see it every single week in England, player goes down barely touched penalty awarded

Callum_62
02-04-2022, 04:31 PM
It's a stonewall penalty for Ryan Kent

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

CmoantheHibs
02-04-2022, 04:32 PM
It’s a penalty. A ridiculous decision by Robertson.

Carheenlea
Only saw it live at the match but I thought there was contact but he had a delayed response to it. Not necessarily a pen but also not necessarily a dive. Hope tv clears it up. At the time you shout for it

I don’t think the TV really clears it up much more to be honest, but some like A Hi-Bee above will point to rule book and you then argue it was an offence worthy of a penalty award.

Would VAR have given it? Maybe would have if sticklers to rule book.

skyehibee
Looked a dive from where I was sitting

Tambo
02-04-2022, 04:34 PM
Looked like slight contact but the way he goes down puts the ref off.

I missed the Doig one and heard the Dundee United scream commentator say it was a stone waller but a few in the match say not with the new rule.

LewysGot2
02-04-2022, 04:34 PM

Is the right answer

IberianHibernian
02-04-2022, 04:37 PM
Definite contact and I`d expect to get a penalty for that 90% of the time . He`d have had a good shooting chance if he hadn`t fallen / been fouled .

Callum_62
02-04-2022, 04:38 PM
You can tell how the utd boy reacts he thinks its a pen too

James70
02-04-2022, 04:39 PM
Hearts would have got it, their players never dive.

overdrive
02-04-2022, 04:41 PM
Looked like a penalty from where I was sitting. Definite contact. I agree with the person who said that until refs start giving penalties for fouls where the player doesn’t go down, of course players are going to go down.

GRA
02-04-2022, 04:43 PM
Missed it anyone got a video of it?

tonyrougier123
02-04-2022, 04:44 PM
It was a penalty no doubt about it.sportscene will obviously analyse it to death and say it wasn’t.
But if it’s ibrox??? 🤔

wookie70
02-04-2022, 04:45 PM
Looked a stonewaller to me from 90-100 yards away and the player's reactions made me sure it was. Would it have been a foul outside the box. I think yes. We were so shot shy today when cutting in. Missed lots of opportunities to have early strikes

Nicho87
02-04-2022, 04:46 PM
Rangers player would get that

Scottie
02-04-2022, 04:46 PM
Stone waller.

Regardless if he went down in stages or theatrical it was 100% a penalty. The offence had been committed inside the box. Robertson should be marked down for that decision.

Mr. Wonderful
02-04-2022, 04:47 PM
Not a penalty or a dive. Ref should've let play continue

The Harp Awakes
02-04-2022, 04:48 PM
Looked to me like there was contact, but maybe not enough for the player to go down. The ref bottled it and gave the safe decision.

BILLYHIBS
02-04-2022, 04:49 PM
More concerned about the Hoff’s miss tbh

Shudda scored easily

The Captain....
02-04-2022, 04:50 PM
Looked to be very slight contact but contact all the same. He overeaggerated the fall after it which I think persuaded the ref it was a dive.

A pen all day long if you're Celtic or Rangers but we'll rarely get the benefit of the doubt from refs.

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

LewysGot2
02-04-2022, 04:52 PM
More concerned about the Hoff’s miss tbh

Shudda scored easily

Shoulda woulda coulda...
Real shame he didn't. I think he could've taken a touch but had a rush of blood to the head. Didn't get over the ball.

BILLYHIBS
02-04-2022, 04:54 PM
Shoulda woulda coulda...
Real shame he didn't. I think he could've taken a touch but had a rush of blood to the head. Didn't get over the ball.

Yip had to get his head and knee over the ball and hit the target

Simples

H18S NX
02-04-2022, 04:54 PM
Looked a pen to me but Muellers dead mans fall act made the ref's decision easy.

wandering_hibee
02-04-2022, 04:55 PM
I was in line with it in the West and it was a penalty all day long. He did though embellish it and that gave the ref a get out.

heretoday
02-04-2022, 04:58 PM
I don't think it was a penalty. I'm fed up with players these days. They're all at it in the box. Frankly, I just wouldn't give a pen ever unless the defender punched the attacker full in the face.
The thing was Mueller was in a good position to have a shot.

02-04-2022, 05:03 PM
Looked a pen to me but Muellers dead mans fall act made the ref's decision easy.

What mueller does after being blatantly fouled is irrelevant.

02-04-2022, 05:09 PM
I don't think it was a penalty. I'm fed up with players these days. They're all at it in the box. Frankly, I just wouldn't give a pen ever unless the defender punched the attacker full in the face.
The thing was Mueller was in a good position to have a shot.

Christ this is depressing.

Eyrie
02-04-2022, 05:18 PM
Wrong end of the ground for me to comment on Mueller (I'm in line with the edge of the box at the top of the slope).

Christ this is depressing.

It's depressing that players throw themselves to the ground trying to win a penalty when it would have been easier to stay on their feet.

JimBHibees
02-04-2022, 05:24 PM

Yep contact and goes down. Robertson just added to the horrific performances we have had to deal with recently. One thing is for sure we are getting nothing from referees probably since the League cup final and us having a word with the refs chief a tactic which works for the old firm but not teams like us.

Scooter
02-04-2022, 05:24 PM
Happened Right infront of me. 100% pen

Tarrahib
02-04-2022, 05:31 PM
Yip had to get his head and knee over the ball and hit the target

Simples
He leant back.

greenlex
02-04-2022, 05:54 PM
There’s contact all right. You can tell by his reaction at not getting it. Theatrical ? Probably but that’s the game these days feel the contact and throw yourself ti the ground. Arab players did it all over the park all game and got most of them.

greenlex
02-04-2022, 05:56 PM
Wrong end of the ground for me to comment on Mueller (I'm in line with the edge of the box at the top of the slope).

It's depressing that players throw themselves to the ground trying to win a penalty when it would have been easier to stay on their feet.
It’s more depressing that they feel they need to exaggerate it to get them to be honest.

CL0762
02-04-2022, 05:57 PM
I thought it was quite similar to the challenge on Kent by Porteous against Rangers.

I didn’t think that was a penalty either.

LunasBoots
02-04-2022, 06:03 PM
The way Mueller goes down kind of made the refs decision

CapitalGreen
02-04-2022, 06:07 PM

Stop excusing referee incompetence. A foul is a foul regardless of what happens after a foul has occurred.

allezsauzee
02-04-2022, 06:12 PM
I am almost 100pc certain that Mueller was caught. If not then I'll never trust my eyes again!

madhatter
02-04-2022, 06:13 PM
Not connected to penalty incident but refs leniency with Watt allowed Dundee United to finish with 11 men. Siegrist should've been booked for ignoring the ball on the pitch even after the ref pointed to it.

Media coverage and refereeing standard in Scottish football drags it down so many levels. Forget VAR, empty and disband the clique of incompetent and corrupt refs.

Why are players allowed to be done by 'trial by sportscene' and refs just plod along unpunished for shambolic performances? Some of these performances putting player safety at risk. I recall many when we were in the Championship, leg-breakers a booking...

BILLYHIBS
02-04-2022, 06:30 PM
He leant back.

Well let’s hope he disnae lean back against the Hearts and buries it :greengrin

02-04-2022, 06:45 PM

It’s depressing you’re so perplexed by football that you don’t understand what happens when a player is fouled.

JimBHibees
02-04-2022, 06:47 PM
There’s contact all right. You can tell by his reaction at not getting it. Theatrical ? Probably but that’s the game these days feel the contact and throw yourself ti the ground. Arab players did it all over the park all game and got most of them.

Yep some of the fouls they got were ridiculous may as well have given Twatt the whistle. The bizarre behaviour he let Siegrist away with in the second half was ridiculous when two balls were in the pitch.

JimBHibees
02-04-2022, 06:49 PM
Not connected to penalty incident but refs leniency with Watt allowed Dundee United to finish with 11 men. Siegrist should've been booked for ignoring the ball on the pitch even after the ref pointed to it.

Media coverage and refereeing standard in Scottish football drags it down so many levels. Forget VAR, empty and disband the clique of incompetent and corrupt refs.

Why are players allowed to be done by 'trial by sportscene' and refs just plod along unpunished for shambolic performances? Some of these performances putting player safety at risk. I recall many when we were in the Championship, leg-breakers a booking...

Good post agree with every word.

Mcbizz1998
02-04-2022, 06:53 PM

Absolutely.

The protection these utter incompetent’s get is infuriating. Meanwhile, players get hung out to dry for non-events.

For me, referees are like politicians - anyone who wants to be one should be banned from doing so.

A Hi-Bee
02-04-2022, 06:53 PM

Robertson is a well paid cheat, employed by the GFA to ensure that the status quo does not get rocked to much.
:cb

brianmc
02-04-2022, 06:57 PM

Unreal eh. One of the the occasions Watt took a dive the ref clearly indicated it was a dive, gave the decision to us then didn't yellow card Watt.

Glory Lurker
02-04-2022, 07:27 PM
Thought it was a penalty at the game and TV shows it was.

Callum_62
02-04-2022, 07:30 PM
Top class in depth analysis on sportscene there

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sir David Gray
02-04-2022, 07:33 PM
Sportscene showed the penalty decision but no analysis of it.

I think Mueller probably did play for it but I do think it was a penalty.

Glory Lurker
02-04-2022, 07:37 PM
When I saw how tame the predictable hearts penalty was, I thought Sportscene would compare the two.

B.H.F.C
02-04-2022, 07:38 PM
Sportscene showed the penalty decision but no analysis of it.

I think Mueller probably did play for it but I do think it was a penalty.

Agree, it’s not up to him to run round the boys leg. Should have been a penalty.

Thought Mueller struggled for most of the game but should have had a penalty and he showed the one bit of quality in the second half to pick Melkersen out at the end.

thebakerboy
02-04-2022, 07:51 PM
Think it possibly was a pen but Chris's fall was exagerated and gave ref reason not to give it. If he had just gone straight down pen given

WeeRussell
02-04-2022, 07:54 PM
If he hadn’t jumped in the air like a fanny he MIGHT have got a penalty. Incidentally I thought Mueller looked brighter in spells today.

His swan dive was worse than the ones Boyle used to do though.

O'Rourke3
02-04-2022, 08:31 PM
Very clear contact. Ref saw it but booked the 'dive'. If these decisions even themselves out over a season then we are in for a beazer of a post split. The referee was particularly bad today in everything but bookings. There were a few he let go, Watt applauding him for giving us a free kick in the first half for instance.
Oh, and Nicky Clarke is a cant just like his dad...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

scotia44
02-04-2022, 08:32 PM

A foul is a foul regardless triple salco or Swan dive off the top board at the commie

scotia44
02-04-2022, 08:35 PM
What mueller does after being blatantly fouled is irrelevant.

Absolutely correct cross himself whilst lighting a cigar a foul is a foul.
Let's hope they even themselves out 😉😉 soon

Wheat Hound
02-04-2022, 08:41 PM
Don Robertson has previous with Hibs. Another shady incompetent.

Glory Lurker
02-04-2022, 08:51 PM
If a player literally explodes after being fairly tackled, that doesn't make it a foul. If he's fouled though, physiologically overreacting to the contact by exploding doesn't stop it having been a foul.

What Mueller did after being fouled is his own business. It was a penalty all day long and never, ever a bookable offence. Terrible decision by the ref.

norhfc
02-04-2022, 08:56 PM
Watched it on Hibs tv and jumped shouting penalty. After wat hung all the replays I’m still convinced it was a pen. Contact at the knee, stonewalled for me.

Boyle89
02-04-2022, 09:09 PM
I thought it was quite similar to the challenge on Kent by Porteous against Rangers.

I didn’t think that was a penalty either.
Yes almost exactly the same. However why was one given and the other not? Var is an absolute must! Even if only to highlight the ridiculous level of inconsistency from these "professional" refs.
Also its a penalty. You leave you leg out and someone goes over or through it and goes down then its a pen.

matty_f
02-04-2022, 09:28 PM
i thought there was clear contact at the time. Was probably more annoyed at the booking for Mueller diving while he let Watt away with a couple.

darwenhibby
02-04-2022, 09:32 PM
Exact same thoughts as Kent with Porteous
Beaton desperate to give that decision
Should have been a penalty
Hibs don’t get those decisions ie League Cup Final

02-04-2022, 09:44 PM
Absolutely correct cross himself whilst lighting a cigar a foul is a foul.
Let's hope they even themselves out 😉😉 soon

He could get snapped and cartwheel into a YLT symbol. Not sure the relevance to the original foul no matter how much the hibs hating hibs.net crew want to overanalyse.

Eyrie
02-04-2022, 10:16 PM
Having seen the Mueller incident on Sportscene, the Dundee United player did stick his leg out, there was contact and that is normally given as a penalty regardless of how theatrical the dive is.

It’s depressing you’re so perplexed by football that you don’t understand what happens when a player is fouled.

It's depressing that you're so perplexed by football that you think simulation is an enjoyable part of the game.

It should be a free kick if a player is fouled without the player having to throw himself to the ground.

Gordy M
02-04-2022, 10:20 PM
Having seen the Mueller incident on Sportscene, the Dundee United player did stick his leg out, there was contact and that is normally given as a penalty regardless of how theatrical the dive is.

It's depressing that you're so perplexed by football that you think simulation is an enjoyable part of the game.

It should be a free kick if a player is fouled without the player having to throw himself to the ground.

Whilst i agree, that situation happened in the Scotland Vs Poland game, McGinn clearly caught by the keeper, stays on his feet.....nothing given. Polish guy makes a theatrical dive and pen given.

kaimendhibs
02-04-2022, 10:41 PM
Did you see the pen Hearts got?
I know for a fact Gavin Duncan is a yam.
Scottish football is without a doubt, corrupt

Wheat Hound
02-04-2022, 11:38 PM

Yep just saw that. Total dive but our player gets booked and rhey get a pen. Gavin Duncan is a throbber who reffed our game at Dingwall earlier this season.

LaMotta
02-04-2022, 11:39 PM

Just seen it on Sportscene. Jesus ****in christ, blatant dive from from Barrie Mckay. How they get a pen for that and Mueller gets booked for diving is insane.

LaMotta
02-04-2022, 11:40 PM
i thought there was clear contact at the time. Was probably more annoyed at the booking for Mueller diving while he let Watt away with a couple.

Exactly. Watt got away with murder today.

HibeeMackenzie
03-04-2022, 12:48 AM
Comparing the hearts pen to the mueller ‘dive’ is bordering on criminal. The Paul McGowan lookalike of a ref bottled it when it mattered most and that could easily lose hibs circa 500k if we miss out on top 6

shamo9
03-04-2022, 02:22 AM
It was a penalty IMO.

Anyway, it got me thinking, who is our designated penalty taker now that Boyle is gone? I think I'd try Melkerson, Porteous or Newell.

You usually favour the striker but Porteous would probably relish the pressure. He scored the final penalty in the shoot out last year against Motherwell. Also, Newell scored in the shoot out against Kilmarnock two seasons ago.

:pray: Hopefully the question gets answered in the next two games.

DaveF
03-04-2022, 06:51 AM
If he hadn’t jumped in the air like a fanny he MIGHT have got a penalty. Incidentally I thought Mueller looked brighter in spells today.

His swan dive was worse than the ones Boyle used to do though.

Agree. At the time I didnt think it was a penalty - primarily because of the pathetic fall.

DaveF
03-04-2022, 06:54 AM
Don Robertson has previous with Hibs. Another shady incompetent.

Pretty sure he was the ref who gave us a penalty in Ross's final game away at Livingston when Boyle clearly dived.

Perhaps yesterday was his 'payback'.

JohnM1875
03-04-2022, 07:52 AM
They don't even show the claim in the highlights on Hibs YouTube 😂

Pretty Boy
03-04-2022, 07:56 AM
It was a penalty.

Players have to go down because despite there often being contact refs won't give penalties when they stay on their feet. We didn't get it yesterday, another time we will.

When refs start doing their jobs properly, players will stop going down when the contact doesn't justify it.

Brightside
03-04-2022, 08:01 AM
Embarrassing that the 2 Hibs tv commentators were trying to justify his dive

It was a penalty.

Smartie
03-04-2022, 08:04 AM
I thought at the time it looked like a dive and I haven’t seen it back.

HibbyAndy
03-04-2022, 08:10 AM
I thought at the time it looked like a dive and I haven’t seen it back.

From the FF upper it's a stone wall penalty , If we had VAR it's given , Doesn't matter if he goes down theatricality their is a 100 % contact but of course we don't have VAR so can only go by what the referee sees

It's a penalty all day long

Fergus52
03-04-2022, 09:14 AM
100% a penalty.

The second angle they showed on hibs TV you can see there's a lot of contact on their knees, clumsy tackle from the utd player which impedes meuller getting to the ball after he's beaten him. Pen all day long, whether meuller makes the most of it or not.

It's much more of a penalty then porteous or mcginn on Kent this season, which most folk on here were saying were stonewallers

CentreLine
03-04-2022, 10:22 AM
We can appeal a yellow for simulation. I’d like to see us do that. Then wait for it to be turned red by the corrupt GFA

NadeAteMyLunch!
03-04-2022, 10:45 AM
We are getting absolutely shafted with decisions this season. It stinks

BoomtownHibees
03-04-2022, 10:47 AM

Aye, even more so since we spoke out about it

B.H.F.C
03-04-2022, 10:50 AM
Just seen it on Sportscene. Jesus ****in christ, blatant dive from from Barrie Mckay. How they get a pen for that and Mueller gets booked for diving is insane.

He should be getting pulled up by the compliance officer for that. He won’t, but he should be. Wasn’t even close to being contact and if you gain an advantage through a dive (award of a penalty) you can be offered a ban.

JimBHibees
03-04-2022, 11:32 AM

Absolutely done over big time. Massive calls in recent games two reds for dundee one for saints handball v Aberdeen added game for porto pen yesterday. Absolutely relentless.As Shaun said yesterday it seems like after every game I am talking about decisions it will be good when they even themselves out. Even a win against both Dundee and Saints top 6 is comfortable and loads of pressure off a young manager.

A Hi-Bee
03-04-2022, 11:35 AM
Robertson and all the others at the GFA cheat to ensure that Scottish football stays the same, so much money involved it must stay the same, corrupt to the core.

JimBHibees
03-04-2022, 11:41 AM
Yep just saw that. Total dive but our player gets booked and rhey get a pen. Gavin Duncan is a throbber who reffed our game at Dingwall earlier this season.

Took great delight in sending two players off especially Boyle. Was also the 4th official who swore at Hecky in Celtic game we were done in.

Eyrie
03-04-2022, 01:58 PM
He should be getting pulled up by the compliance officer for that. He won’t, but he should be. Wasn’t even close to being contact and if you gain an advantage through a dive (award of a penalty) you can be offered a ban.

If he does, then you can expect Hearts to appeal simply to keep him available for the league derby.

That is the definition of a frivolous appeal, and not Porteous against Aberdeen.

Greenio
03-04-2022, 11:33 PM
100% a penalty

Mental to think it was anything else.

Chris goes past him, boy stuck his leg out, hits Chris' thigh - no contact with the ball, just the man - pen

Brightside
04-04-2022, 08:54 AM
Clear as day penalty.

Onion
04-04-2022, 02:53 PM
Saw it for the first time yesterday, its a foul and a penalty on first, second and third viewing. Ref was shocking all game and added a cherry on top with his yellow for Mueller.

JimBHibees
04-04-2022, 02:57 PM
Saw it for the first time yesterday, its a foul and a penalty on first, second and third viewing. Ref was shocking all game and added a cherry on top with his yellow for Mueller.

Yep ridiculous decision

flash
04-04-2022, 02:59 PM

I take it you have revised your opinion now after seeing the Sportscene footage.
Stonewall penalty.

cameronw-hfc
04-04-2022, 08:47 PM
Pretty comical our reffing standards. I worked with a former top Scottish ref's daughter and can say for a fact they're rangers fans, she's open about it and said her dads a season ticket holder now he's retired.(not Dallas)

Shocking that it's allowed in our sport.

Allant1981
04-04-2022, 09:03 PM
Pretty comical our reffing standards. I worked with a former top Scottish ref's daughter and can say for a fact they're rangers fans, she's open about it and said her dads a season ticket holder now he's retired.(not Dallas)

Whats shocking? That a ref supports a football team, pretty sure that will always happen, how its managed is another matter though

bigwheel
04-04-2022, 09:08 PM

Are you being serious ? All refs will be football fans , that’s why they are drawn to the role…they will all have teams. Dallas is a Motherwell fan ….