PDA

View Full Version : Cadden/Clarke

Scooter
02-04-2022, 09:13 AM
Listening to Shaun again saying Harry Clarke is something we've been missing at full back. Where does this leave Cadden who's arguably been our best player this year. I assumed Clarke would go right centre half of the 3 but I guess not

BlackSheep
02-04-2022, 09:17 AM
Cadds can play centre mid too and his engine would really add a different dimension to the team

chippy
02-04-2022, 09:18 AM
Cadds can play centre mid too and his engine would really add a different dimension to the team
Keep the opposition guessing as to where Cadds and Clarke will play

Scorrie
02-04-2022, 09:28 AM
Is Clarke anywhere near playing?

Allant1981
02-04-2022, 09:59 AM
Is Clarke anywhere near playing?

He will be in the squad today id imagine

superfurryhibby
02-04-2022, 10:09 AM
I’m not fully convinced by Cadden. He is a strong running guy and adds a lot of energy, but he’s not a natural winger/ wide midfielder for me. I don’t think he’s got the guile to take a man on and that detracts from his contribution out wide. If he can play more centrally, I’d like to see it.

Hopefully Clarke can do the right wing back well. After some 9f the mince about him never going to play for Hibs etc, It would be a huge bonus if he can come in an have an impact over the next seven or eight games.

S4uzee
02-04-2022, 10:12 AM
I’m not fully convinced by Cadden. He is a strong running guy and adds a lot of energy, but he’s not a natural winger/ wide midfielder for me. I don’t think he’s got the guile to take a man on and that detracts from his contribution out wide. If he can play more centrally, I’d like to see it.

Hopefully Clarke can do the right wing back well. After some 9f the mince about him never going to play for Hibs etc, It would be a huge bonus if he can come in an have an impact over the next seven or eight games.

Cadden been our best player since his return ….

flash
02-04-2022, 10:15 AM

Cadden has been excellent practically every week.

superfurryhibby
02-04-2022, 10:23 AM
Cadden been our best player since his return ….

Aye, he’s been decent enough, not saying he’s gash, but he’s not especially creative or threatening.

Cadden has been excellent practically every week.

Let’s not get carried away with the hyperbole.

Mikey_1875
02-04-2022, 10:29 AM

I had the same opinion of him until Maloney came in but he has been excellent since I think. He could certainly add a bit of finesse to his game and improve on his final ball but he is worth his place in the team.

Maloney will need to figure out a way to get both him and Clarke into the side if Clarke is as good as we hope.

Aldo
02-04-2022, 10:45 AM
I’d like to hope we are looking at extending Chris Cadden’s contract in the coming months!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnM1875
02-04-2022, 10:51 AM
Think Cadden has been our best player this season so it'll definitely be interesting to see what happens now Clarke is back in contention. Good problem to have I guess.

Brightside
02-04-2022, 10:54 AM
Aye, he’s been decent enough, not saying he’s gash, but he’s not especially creative or threatening.

He’s been our best player by a country mile.

wookie70
02-04-2022, 10:56 AM
I’d like to hope we are looking at extending Chris Cadden’s contract in the coming months!

So do I. If we ever play attacking football where we try to get players in the box attacking the six yard box he will be our most important player. As it is he is greatly hampered by how safe we play and how few players we get into the box. The game against Arbroath was a good example of what we should be doing far more often. Balls from Henderson and Cadden created chances and goals because there was someone to get on the end of them. Most weeks it was one striker surrounded by centre halves.

Aldo
02-04-2022, 11:00 AM
So do I. If we ever play attacking football where we try to get players in the box attacking the six yard box he will be our most important player. As it is he is greatly hampered by how safe we play and how few players we get into the box. The game against Arbroath was a good example of what we should be doing far more often. Balls from Henderson and Cadden created chances and goals because there was someone to get on the end of them. Most weeks it was one striker surrounded by centre halves.

I know due to injuries Cadden has had to play further back but his drive and engine give us a good out ball.

My only criticism is I think he could maybe lift his head at times and pick a player out.

flash
02-04-2022, 11:03 AM

You need to get a seat that faces the pitch.

JimBHibees
02-04-2022, 11:04 AM

Not hyperbole it is fact. He has been very good for us.

Skol
02-04-2022, 11:16 AM
Listening to Shaun again saying Harry Clarke is something we've been missing at full back. Where does this leave Cadden who's arguably been our best player this year. I assumed Clarke would go right centre half of the 3 but I guess not

Am I missing something here ? Maloney mostly plays without a full back in a 3-4-3.

OldEast
02-04-2022, 11:37 AM
Clarke coming into the side will be good for Cadden. It will allow him to hopefully settle into a more attacking position.

JimBHibees
02-04-2022, 12:09 PM
Am I missing something here ? Maloney mostly plays without a full back in a 3-4-3.

Assume it is Clarkes ability to get forward and support him from rcb.

superfurryhibby
02-04-2022, 12:24 PM
He’s been our best player by a country mile.

Aye, so what? I never said he hasn’t been? He’s been one of better things about the club in recent months, no doubt about it, but that wasn’t my point at all. The thread is about Clarke’s return and the OP said Maloney favours Clarke as a full back.

If that is the case , Cadden may be usefully deployed in the side elsewhere? It’s not that hard to conceive off this, particularly how obviously undynamic our current central midfield options are?

You need to get a seat that faces the pitch.

Quality contribution, well done.

All I’m saying is that Cadden has shown his qualities, but trickery and beating a man aren’t really part of his game. As a player that has been mostly used as a wide midfielder, it’s a bit limiting. Maybe he would be more effective in a more central role, as a couple of others have mentioned too?

The return of Clarke and his supposed ability to play at wing back could allow Cadden to be deployed more centrally, particularly as he has qualities, that are needed there. That might just help the team overall.

Brown Hibs
02-04-2022, 12:27 PM

Absolutely spot on asssessment IMO. Nothing against Cadden, he takes up great positions and has a great engine but his end product is exasperating. Clarke will be a step up based on his County form in that position and I'm guessing Maloney agrees.

hibeedonald
02-04-2022, 12:58 PM
Thought Cadden was great for a spell this season but tailed off last few games. Hopefully back to his best after the break.