PDA

View Full Version : Le God

Last Minute
31-03-2022, 03:24 PM
As its the Hanlon / Stevenson Charity function this Sunday and Sauzee will be in attendance, does anyone know when he's due to be in Edinburgh ? will he take in the game on Saturday ? somebody must know when he is due in the country .

Henderson2Del
31-03-2022, 04:04 PM
I’m guessing that he’s not going to ER on Saturday as more would have been made of it. Real shame.

mcohibs
31-03-2022, 04:58 PM
I'll be at the function on Sunday, really looking forward to it. Strange one that he's probably not going to be at the game Saturday though

Heisenberg
31-03-2022, 05:00 PM
Guessing he still isn’t keen on doing anything directly with the club if he didn’t turn up for the hall of fame event and looks like he won’t be there on Saturday.

Hibiza
31-03-2022, 05:33 PM
Surely the new regime can rectify any bad feelings.

bigwheel
31-03-2022, 07:57 PM
Surely the new regime can rectify any bad feelings.

Malcolm McPherson sacked him , him being back on the board , may not help that situation

Mick O'Rourke
31-03-2022, 08:44 PM
Malcolm McPherson sacked him , him being back on the board , may not help that situation
He has made the Hall of Fame.
He is a representative of Hanlon/Stevenson Foundation.
I would not think the Club would not welcome him to ER because of events 20 odd year ago.
If its Sauzee being humpty about it ,maybe he should have stayed at hame.:greengrin

Possibly though.the DniproKids and friends will be at the game.

bigwheel
31-03-2022, 08:48 PM
He has made the Hall of Fame.
He is a representative of Hanlon/Stevenson Foundation.
I would not think the Club would not welcome him to ER because of events 20 odd year ago.
If its Sauzee being humpty about it ,maybe he should have stayed at hame.:greengrin

Possibly though.the DniproKids and friends will be at the game.

I’m sure he has always been welcome back to the club …..

beensaidbefore
31-03-2022, 10:16 PM
I’m sure he has always been welcome back to the club …..

The longer he leaves it the less folk will give a monkeys. He gives the distinct impression he isn't that fussed with us. I'd like to think it wasn't the case, so hopefully this event is a new dawn.

jae
31-03-2022, 10:41 PM
He was in the Black Ivy tonight signing Jerseys

Mick O'Rourke
01-04-2022, 06:20 AM

Tidy howf for B&B !!

Hardly the Harp and Castle,or the Hibs Club for a shirt signing that no one knew about !

Would have been an invited audience/ or just those in the know that he was staying there .

Antifa Hibs
01-04-2022, 06:28 AM
Was expecting an announcement from the club saying he'll be on the pitch at half-time tomorrow and quite gutted its not happening.

Hibs3-2
01-04-2022, 09:27 AM
Going on Sunday and looking forward to it. I had expected it to be announced he’ll be at the game tomorrow which would have driven ticket sales but seems either himself or the club arent bothered with 1 another. Shame

Mick O'Rourke
01-04-2022, 09:37 AM
Going on Sunday and looking forward to it. I had expected it to be announced he’ll be at the game tomorrow which would have driven ticket sales but seems either himself or the club arent bothered with 1 another. Shame

He might well attend.
I would imagine those who organised his visit/dinner event will either be playing or in the stands.
So its a lonely Saturday afternoon for him,otherwise.
He could stroll around Tollcross and pop into The Kings Arms and the IB for a jar and a blether to pass the time.

Last Minute
01-04-2022, 10:41 AM
I'm told he is arriving into Edinburgh tomorrow. :agree:

superfurryhibby
01-04-2022, 10:59 AM

How did you hear about this, seems most unlikely?

Craig_HFC
01-04-2022, 11:04 AM
How did you hear about this, seems most unlikely?

The owner of Black Ivy had a lot to do with both Stevenson's & Hanlon's testimonial so I'd guess he's involved with HSF too so not that unlikely.

superfurryhibby
01-04-2022, 11:33 AM
The owner of Black Ivy had a lot to do with both Stevenson's & Hanlon's testimonial so I'd guess he's involved with HSF too so not that unlikely.

On the other hand someone else posted that Sauzee arrives in Edinburgh tomorrow. I'll stick with my seems unlikely, thanks.

Craig_HFC
01-04-2022, 11:34 AM
On the other hand someone else posted that Sauzee arrives in Edinburgh tomorrow. I'll stick with my seems unlikely, thanks.

Absolutely gutted, ruined my weekend

hibsforeurope
01-04-2022, 11:38 AM
I feel this is a massive opportunity missed by not having Sauzee at the game tomorrow. even if he does appear it's too late to make a noticeable impact on the crowd numbers.

Hibeewilly
01-04-2022, 11:49 AM
Was expecting an announcement from the club saying he'll be on the pitch at half-time tomorrow and quite gutted its not happening.
Same here ......... missed opportunity springs to mind ....... if indeed he would have been able to arrive here in time

superfurryhibby
01-04-2022, 11:52 AM
Absolutely gutted, ruined my weekend

Diddums, don't be so sensitive.

I'm sure if Sauzeee had been anywhere near Black Ivy and signing HIbs tops, then there would be plenty of photos doing the rounds :na na: Maybe there was a social media blackout but, lol.

Craig_HFC
01-04-2022, 11:54 AM

I'm sure if Sauzeee had been anywhere near Black Ivy and signing HIbs tops, then there would be plenty of photos doing the rounds :na na: Maybe there was a social media blackout but, lol.

Maybe he was wearing a disguise.

I agree, was only saying that it wouldn't be as unlikely as it would seem at first because of who owns the place.

jae
01-04-2022, 12:27 PM

He was sitting signing tops that I assume are probably being auctioned or raffled at the dinner on Sunday. I was in for dinner and spoke to the owner who confirmed he was staying there.

jae
01-04-2022, 12:38 PM
Finally sussed how to post pic

superfurryhibby
01-04-2022, 12:39 PM
He was sitting signing tops that I assume are probably being auctioned or raffled at the dinner on Sunday. I was in for dinner and spoke to the owner who confirmed he was staying there.

Nice one.

Stubbsy90+2
01-04-2022, 03:18 PM
Is this a suit job on Sunday?

Can’t see anything about the dress code.

Mon Dieu4
01-04-2022, 03:35 PM
Is this a suit job on Sunday?

Can’t see anything about the dress code.

On the lanyards it just says "Smart"

Stubbsy90+2
01-04-2022, 03:37 PM
On the lanyards it just says "Smart"

:aok:

Cheers

FranckSuzy
01-04-2022, 06:31 PM

Correct. Billy Lowe, the owner of Black Ivy, is an Ambassador of the Hanlon Stevenson Foundation 👍

Stantons Angel
02-04-2022, 12:21 AM
Maybe he was wearing a disguise.

I agree, was only saying that it wouldn't be as unlikely as it would seem at first because of who owns the place.

he would be signing them for the dinner on Sunsay

Brown Hibs
02-04-2022, 12:33 PM
Any chance of seeing him at the game today?

Stubbsy90+2
02-04-2022, 12:34 PM
Any chance of seeing him at the game today?

Wouldn’t think so. Hibs surely would have announced it if there was.

Last Minute
02-04-2022, 01:05 PM
Not attending today .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LewysGot2
02-04-2022, 05:13 PM
Such a shame. One day hopefully. Maybe tomorrow can be part of the process.

Mon Dieu

Jamesie
02-04-2022, 05:17 PM
As far as I know Sauzee isn’t barred from Easter Road, so could likely have attended the game today if he had wanted to do so.

Nakedmanoncrack
02-04-2022, 05:19 PM
The longer he leaves it the less folk will give a monkeys. He gives the distinct impression he isn't that fussed with us. I'd like to think it wasn't the case, so hopefully this event is a new dawn.

Great player that I loved watching, but nothing thats happened over past couple of decades suggests he holds our club in the highest regard. Having had a great career, his relatively brief time at Hibs at tail end of his career probably means a lot less to him than it does to us.

Bearders
02-04-2022, 05:23 PM

Not sure -that’s correct - MM has a Gold table tomorrow.

LewysGot2
02-04-2022, 05:31 PM
As far as I know Sauzee isn’t barred from Easter Road, so could likely have attended the game today if he had wanted to do so.

You don't put barred players in your Hall of Fame. He felt very let down after he left but there is a new regime and, as my pal said today, we're not responsible for what happened then and he's still a much loved Hibernian son.

Somebody needs to reach out.

Mon Dieu4
02-04-2022, 06:09 PM
His plans are to take in a game at a future date, he already had plans with his wife today, straight from the horses mouth

Jamesie
02-04-2022, 06:48 PM
You don't put barred players in your Hall of Fame. He felt very let down after he left but there is a new regime and, as my pal said today, we're not responsible for what happened then and he's still a much loved Hibernian son.

Somebody needs to reach out.

The bottom line is that if Sauzee really wanted to be at Easter Road today, he could have been there. And if some sort of disappointment with the regime in charge at the time of his departure precluded his attendance today then I think that says more about Sauzee than it does about Hibs.

Plenty Hibs fans have tried to reach out over the years FWIW.

chrisski33
02-04-2022, 07:03 PM
The bottom line is that if Sauzee really wanted to be at Easter Road today, he could have been there. And if some sort of disappointment with the regime in charge at the time of his departure precluded his attendance today then I think that says more about Sauzee than it does about Hibs.

Pretty much my reading of it.

LewysGot2
02-04-2022, 07:24 PM

Reaching out can include him acting too. Let's hope this weekend goes some way to hastening the process. Plenty fans would love to see him again without having to pay hundreds of pounds for the privilege 🙏👍

MWHIBBIES
02-04-2022, 07:28 PM
When's the event n for our legendary chairman, Le Rod.

bigwheel
02-04-2022, 07:42 PM
Not sure -that’s correct - MM has a Gold table tomorrow.

The issue isn’t from Malcolm’s side …think it was more the hurt from Franck . Hope I’m wrong of course …

Mr. Wonderful
02-04-2022, 07:54 PM
Don't fully understand why folks get so stirred up about Sauzee. He clearly doesn't give as much of a toss about hibs as the fans do about him. If he gave any amount of a monkeys he'd have been back long ago, not coming today is a mere drop in the ocean in comparison. But it's still bad enough.

Meanwhile, real life cup winning legends of the club get booed from the stands and slated on messageboards/social media.

LewysGot2
02-04-2022, 08:15 PM
Just seen the auction lots for tomorrow and one of the lots is winning a match day experience with Franck Sauzee - a future CAT B match - including breakfast and lunch with Franck before the match

HanlonStevenson
02-04-2022, 08:18 PM
Hi folks,

Just a quick update from our end before tomorrow night. We hope everyone who's going is looking forward to it as much as we are.

The doors are open at 6.30pm for a 7.30pm kick-off and the dress code is 'smart casual', for those who have been asking.

If you can't make it along on the night and would still like to get involved to help raise funds for Hanlon Stevenson Foundation activities in the local community, our online charity auction is live now and online bids close at 5pm tomorrow - bit.ly/hsfauction (https://bit.ly/hsfauction).

We wanted to finish up with a sneak peak at our programme. This is from Franck, in his own words.

Hello, Hibees! It has been too long.
When Graeme Cadger first contacted me about the work of the Hanlon Stevenson Foundation, I was only too happy to become an ambassador.
I think what the team have done in their local community is great – led by two fine footballers and fine people in Lewis Stevenson and Paul Hanlon.
Compared to them, my time at Hibernian and in Edinburgh was fleeting but it was long enough to have a profound impact on me.
My wife and I fell in love with a club, a city, a cause, and supporters who treated us so well.
I was proud every time I pulled on the green and white, and I hope that came across when I played.
I have so many happy memories and I’m looking forward to sharing a few of them tonight.
There are a few people to thank – not least you all for coming – but this night would not have happened if it wasn’t for Graeme and my dear friend, Alex McLeish.
I’m so pleased that Alex will be with us this evening. I owe him a debt for signing me and giving me such a wonderful opportunity later in my career.
It will also be great to see a few former team-mates. It was a special dressing room, with a real camaraderie. I don’t expect John Hughes to have changed a bit…
Football can take you places in your life that you would never expect and help you build deep connections with people that stand the test of time.
Time has not diminished the feeling I have for Edinburgh, Hibernian and the people who make the city and the club what they are.
It is a privilege to be here, to raise money for some causes who need our help and to be able to reminisce about the good old days.
Glory, Glory To The Hibees. It’s good to be back.

Glory Lurker
02-04-2022, 08:56 PM
Just seen the auction lots for tomorrow and one of the lots is winning a match day experience with Franck Sauzee - a future CAT B match - including breakfast and lunch with Franck before the match

I'd no be able to speak and would spill my food all over the place.

Jamesie
02-04-2022, 10:09 PM
The issue isn’t from Malcolm’s side …think it was more the hurt from Franck . Hope I’m wrong of course …

Twenty years have now passed. If Sauzee can’t let it go now then he’s never likely to.

LewysGot2
03-04-2022, 11:57 PM
He's going to play in a match at Easter Road in November 👏

SteveHFC
04-04-2022, 12:03 AM
He's going to play in a match at Easter Road in November 👏

Any other details about that match :hyper.

LewysGot2
04-04-2022, 12:19 AM

For Hanlon Stevenson. Team of 2001 reuniting, including Franck in a friendly at ER. Confirmed tonight at his do

SteveHFC
04-04-2022, 12:34 AM
For Hanlon Stevenson. Team of 2001 reuniting, including Franck in a friendly at ER. Confirmed tonight at his do

That will be amazing. Hope it sells out.

Stubbsy90+2
04-04-2022, 02:31 AM
Good night. Great to see him again.

One thing I can’t quite fathom looking backwards is that Boozy signed for us was only 2 and a half years after Sauzee departed.

The two seem like they came from completely different from universes. Boozy still seems semi recent, Sauzee feels like a lifetime ago.

Henderson2Del
04-04-2022, 06:17 AM
Good night. Great to see him again.

One thing I can’t quite fathom looking backwards is that Boozy signed for us was only 2 and a half years after Sauzee departed.

The two seem like they came from completely different from universes. Boozy still seems semi recent, Sauzee feels like a lifetime ago.

They explained that they needed / wanted an ‘interpreter’ and that Boozy was the man they picked. Le God used him a few times.

Hibby Bairn
04-04-2022, 06:23 AM
Good night. I think Franck really enjoyed himself and more and more as the evening went on.

A real gentleman who clearly has a lot of affection for Hibs and the players he played with. And Alex McLeish.

Very enjoyable listening to him talking about football, people and the importance he places on the 'team', relationships and the wider club and supporters.

Good to also see and hear from Yogi, John O'Neil, Dirk Lehman, Ian Murray, Stuart Lovell, McLeish, Pat Stanton and Des Bremner. Plus a whole host online including Mixu and Ulrik. No sign of wee Russell 🙂

Steve20
04-04-2022, 07:23 AM
Twenty years have now passed. If Sauzee can’t let it go now then he’s never likely to.

You have a problem with Sauzee, don't you? More than a couple of digs at him.

It's incredible to me that anyone who watched Hibs during his time here has a bad word about the man.

Steve20
04-04-2022, 07:23 AM
Don't fully understand why folks get so stirred up about Sauzee. He clearly doesn't give as much of a toss about hibs as the fans do about him. If he gave any amount of a monkeys he'd have been back long ago, not coming today is a mere drop in the ocean in comparison. But it's still bad enough.

Meanwhile, real life cup winning legends of the club get booed from the stands and slated on messageboards/social media.

What a lot of rubbish.

Gloucester Hibs
04-04-2022, 07:33 AM
What a lot of rubbish.

Not convinced he's a Hibs fan tbh

Billy Whizz
04-04-2022, 07:52 AM
Thoroughly enjoyed last night, some great footage, and always nice to meet fellow Hibees
Franck and Big Eck both looking fit and well!

Chuck Rhoades
04-04-2022, 08:21 AM
What an amazing night!

Chuck Rhoades
04-04-2022, 08:22 AM
https://i.ibb.co/S5n0tz1/A96854-E3-DF32-434-A-93-D0-B44612-F5-E7-FA.jpg (https://ibb.co/0mMZCxW)
https://i.ibb.co/55nkKVd/6740-D058-C3-E6-456-B-AD8-A-F0-EF9-CDBEAA0.jpg (https://ibb.co/nDnBPST)
https://i.ibb.co/TwpqC9r/00815689-8-AAA-46-B3-B067-1-FAC739-ABEE9.jpg (https://ibb.co/cyMXm4x)
https://i.ibb.co/vhNxkWk/54-A015-AA-8-D55-44-D2-985-A-F678-BF670-F7-E.jpg (https://ibb.co/7Q3JKDK)
https://i.ibb.co/1J7JPYX/DF808-D45-CB5-C-4757-BF58-438-A73-AC967-D.jpg (https://ibb.co/JFmFGWp)
https://i.ibb.co/GcvKDD3/D36-DD38-B-E7-AF-4498-9198-C579365-E5-B4-E.jpg (https://ibb.co/SRXhgg7)

bigwheel
04-04-2022, 08:42 AM
Great pics those [emoji106]. It was a great night - quite emotional at times..great to see the Hibee family together for a wonderful cause

Good to meet some new Hibees too

easty
04-04-2022, 09:21 AM
Brilliant night.

Really looking forward to the upcoming match in November he spoke about.

I got our tables signed boot, it was always going to be number 4 that was called out!

Billy Whizz
04-04-2022, 09:52 AM
Brilliant night.

Really looking forward to the upcoming match in November he spoke about.

I got our tables signed boot, it was always going to be number 4 that was called out!

Never thought of that😀

GreenCastle
04-04-2022, 09:59 AM
Noticed the one of the auction prizes it said a day with Sauzee including taking in a match so assumed he would be back to the stadium.

Having Latapy and Sauzee at ER for a reunion in November would surely sell out. Would be amazing.

McSwanky
04-04-2022, 10:09 AM
Noticed the one of the auction prizes it said a day with Sauzee including taking in a match so assumed he would be back to the stadium.

Having Latapy and Sauzee at ER for a reunion in November would surely sell out. Would be amazing.

:hyper:hyper:hyper

BS44
04-04-2022, 01:31 PM
Eck the boss with ginger hair
Franck Sauzee's still the King
Frederic Arpinon Gallic flair
Ulrik Laursen on the wing

Smith and Fenwick at the back
O'Neill and Matthias Jack
Paco Luna in attack
And it brings us back to Eck the Boss

hibeerealist
04-04-2022, 01:46 PM
Been to many of these nights and first time heard boos and they went on for quite a bit.

Don't think the fans were booing him per say as he is a Hibby, helped out a lot on getting the Dnipro kids back so it must be the party he represents that has upset so many folk.

Interested to hear what others thought as I was cringing for the guy last night!

easty
04-04-2022, 01:51 PM
Been to many of these nights and first time heard boos and they went on for quite a bit.

Don't think the fans were booing him per say as he is a Hibby, helped out a lot on getting the Dnipro kids back so it must be the party he represents that has upset so many folk.

Interested to hear what others thought as I was cringing for the guy last night!

The boos were definitely a vocal minority. There were more folk applauding it once his part was finished.

I was surprised they used a video from him. Politics is divisive, and there was always the possibility of some boo-ing.

Hibby70
04-04-2022, 02:27 PM
Who was getting booed?

Edit: reading it again I assume Blackford

JimBHibees
04-04-2022, 02:35 PM

Pretty poor that imo irrespective of your politics or none the night was not about him.

KWJ
04-04-2022, 02:39 PM
Surprised at some of the negativity towards Franck in the early posts on this thread, baffled really.

Be great to hear/see more of what happened last night, appreciate what's been posted so far and already pumped for the November match.

Iggy Pope
04-04-2022, 03:45 PM
Great night and a great atmosphere.
All the top table spoke really well and the best bit for me was Franck getting his Hall of Fame award from Pat Stanton.
Shame that wasn’t last week but there you are.
Lots of familiar faces around but also a couple of ******s who couldn’t shut their traps long enough to hear Ian Blackfords message. Why you’d consider turning an evening like last night into an opportunity to bash another good (and high profile) Hibby is beyond me.

Franck has not lost any of his charm and looks fit and healthy. It will be great to welcome him back to ER whenever it happens.

PS
Grant Stott and Luke Shanley piss all over David Tanner.

Galahibby
04-04-2022, 03:56 PM

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-team-of-200001-including-franck-sauzee-to-reunite-for-charity-match-at-easter-road-3639018

Baldy Foghorn
04-04-2022, 04:51 PM
Great night and a great atmosphere.
All the top table spoke really well and the best bit for me was Franck getting his Hall of Fame award from Pat Stanton.
Shame that wasn’t last week but there you are.
Lots of familiar faces around but also a couple of ******s who couldn’t shut their traps long enough to hear Ian Blackfords message. Why you’d consider turning an evening like last night into an opportunity to bash another good (and high profile) Hibby is beyond me.

Franck has not lost any of his charm and looks fit and healthy. It will be great to welcome him back to ER whenever it happens.

PS
Grant Stott and Luke Shanley piss all over David Tanner.

Mr Blackford was in attendance last night at a table at the front of hall. Great stories from Franck and guests

Iggy Pope
04-04-2022, 05:00 PM
Mr Blackford was in attendance last night at a table at the front of hall. Great stories from Franck and guests

Hope he never took it badly. I was at the back!

1875Sean
04-04-2022, 05:02 PM
Pretty poor that imo irrespective of your politics or none the night was not about him.

We always going to happen when a politician came on, almost started a fight between a few people!

Don’t understand it, Franck would have no idea who he is, plus is he was at the event didn’t make sense when the other videos were for people who were inbreed and didn’t make it

Baldy Foghorn
04-04-2022, 05:03 PM
Hope he never took it badly. I was at the back!

Don't know IP but must have left him bemused

Iggy Pope
04-04-2022, 05:03 PM
We always going to happen when a politician came on, almost started a fight between a few people!

Don’t understand it, Franck would have no idea who he is, plus is he was at the event didn’t make sense when the other videos were for people who were inbreed and didn’t make it

Steady now.

HanlonStevenson
04-04-2022, 05:23 PM
Hi folks,

A quick one from our end to thank everyone who came along to support last night's event.

Hopefully everyone enjoyed themselves as much as we did, and the added bonus is a substantial amount has been raised to support HSF activities in the local community.

Fair to say Franck was humbled by the experience, and we look forward to providing more details about the HSF benefit match that will see him return to Easter Road.

LewysGot2
04-04-2022, 05:32 PM

Franck looked bemused. Clearly no idea who IB was. Also odd he was on the film as he was in the Gold seats.
To be honest, odd to have any politicians at all. After the amount of alcohol consumed there was always scope for it happening. A lot of people more than tiddly by that time. He also went on a fair bit - it could've been edited down a bit. The length of blether from Irvine Welsh and Dougray Scott was more appropriate.

lugz
04-04-2022, 05:57 PM
As if there's just been an email sent out saying 9 ipads have went missing from the event!!!

Stubbsy90+2
04-04-2022, 06:24 PM
As if there's just been an email sent out saying 9 ipads have went missing from the event!!!

Tramps.

Doesn’t surprise me in the slightest though.

The auction should have ended about 30 mins before the end of the night and the iPads should have been collected in at that point before people left.

Leaving people with a £500 device that they could simply stick in a jacket pocket at the end of the night when everyone is wandering round wasn’t a good idea at all. Easy to say with hindsight I suppose.

mcohibs
04-04-2022, 06:27 PM
Franck looked bemused. Clearly no idea who IB was. Also odd he was on the film as he was in the Gold seats.
To be honest, odd to have any politicians at all. After the amount of alcohol consumed there was always scope for it happening. A lot of people more than tiddly by that time. He also went on a fair bit - it could've been edited down a bit. The length of blether from Irvine Welsh and Dougray Scott was more appropriate.

Irvine's message was surprisingly short I thought. Sure he said about 3 words

LewysGot2
04-04-2022, 06:41 PM

Seriously?

The staff seemed more interested in collecting the balloon light things in whilst the event was ongoing than collecting the iPads. Ridiculous behaviour though if folk have nicked them 🤨

LewysGot2
04-04-2022, 06:43 PM
Irvine's message was surprisingly short I thought. Sure he said about 3 words

A bit more than that but definitely and infinitely more appropriate than IBs parliamentary speech :wink:

like said earlier it should have been edited down and it would’ve been better

Sir David Gray
04-04-2022, 06:54 PM

That's deplorable behaviour.

easty
04-04-2022, 07:05 PM
Is it a fact that the iPads have been chored, or just a rumour?

Shocking if true.

lugz
04-04-2022, 07:21 PM

Shocking if true.

The foundation have sent an email out to everyone who purchased tickets kindly asking for them to be returned. For me that would say they have been stolen.
Ofcourse there could be a simple explanation for it all but like others have said leaving £400 devices on a table when people are drunk is asking for trouble.

easty
04-04-2022, 07:27 PM
The foundation have sent an email out to everyone who purchased tickets kindly asking for them to be returned. For me that would say they have been stolen.
Ofcourse there could be a simple explanation for it all but like others have said leaving £400 devices on a table when people are drunk is asking for trouble.

I assume they don’t know what table the missing iPads were assigned to. The iPads were collected from the tables when the event was still on, so they should know where they were missing.

Unless it’s been one schemie ******* just going around lifting them from random tables.

Stealing from a charity foundation night is low.

lugz
04-04-2022, 07:33 PM
I assume they don’t know what table the missing iPads were assigned to. The iPads were collected from the tables when the event was still on, so they should know where they were missing.

Unless it’s been one schemie ******* just going around lifting them from random tables.

Yeah there's always one (or more) idiots who will ruin it for everyone else. Fingers crossed they show up because as it stands the foundation are gonna lose 4k from it.

Stubbsy90+2
04-04-2022, 07:43 PM

Shocking if true.

The Hanlon Stevenson foundation have emailed the people who bought the tickets so it’s true. 9 of them ‘missing’. They’ve tried to suggest they can see how someone might have accidentally took it and asked if you did that you return it but they’re clearly stolen.

Wouldn’t be surprised if one person had multiple of them.

Stubbsy90+2
04-04-2022, 07:45 PM

Didn’t realise they were taken in before the end of the night. I never even noticed them being taken away.

In that case it should hopefully be easier to trace what table they went missing from.

lugz
04-04-2022, 07:46 PM
Didn’t realise they were taken in before the end of the night. I never even noticed them being taken away.

In that case it should hopefully be easier to trace what table they went missing from.

Yeah didn't notice that either was a fair few deep by that point haha

Stubbsy90+2
04-04-2022, 07:50 PM
Yeah didn't notice that either was a fair few deep by that point haha

Same. I probably sat and watched someone come over and pinch the ones from my table and never even clicked :greengrin

Seems a bit pointless, risky and costly to have had the iPads tbh. Would have been better with a QR code.

Stairway 2 7
04-04-2022, 08:37 PM
Surely extensive cctv in a place like that, absolutely shocking

LewysGot2
04-04-2022, 08:49 PM

Not at our side of the room I don't think. Sure it was still on the table as we all left at the end. The important things like the balloons and the table number stands had been taken in though 🙄

Jamesie
04-04-2022, 09:20 PM

Sadly this is why we can’t have nice things.

Iggy Pope
05-04-2022, 06:43 AM
From the email…

We have been contacted by our Auction Partner and have an issue with missing Ipads from yesterdays event. If you have accidentally stashed one in your goody bag (it happens!) then please can you let us know and we will arrange to have these returned, alternatively you can drop these off at World of Football reception Chesser or at Marine Drive.
Unfortunately if not recovered then the charity will need to foot the bill, £479 per Ipad and with 9 missing this is a considerable cost for our charity, of course we don't budget for this.
Thanks for your understanding and thanks once again for your support for the Hanlon Stevenson Foundation, what a night it was welcoming Franck home.

Shameful

Crunchie
05-04-2022, 06:51 AM
From the email…

We have been contacted by our Auction Partner and have an issue with missing Ipads from yesterdays event. If you have accidentally stashed one in your goody bag (it happens!) then please can you let us know and we will arrange to have these returned, alternatively you can drop these off at World of Football reception Chesser or at Marine Drive.
Unfortunately if not recovered then the charity will need to foot the bill, £479 per Ipad and with 9 missing this is a considerable cost for our charity, of course we don't budget for this.
Thanks for your understanding and thanks once again for your support for the Hanlon Stevenson Foundation, what a night it was welcoming Franck home.

Shameful
I'd love to get into someone's head and get their reason for this kind of thing, who goes to a charity event and does something like this :confused:.

allezsauzee
05-04-2022, 06:54 AM
I thought the childish booing of Ian Blackford was poor but that really pales into insignificance compared to stealing the i-pads. Effectively stealing from underprivileged kids, although I'm sure those mindless enough to do it won't make the connection. Apart from that, I thought it was a brilliant evening, a super job by the organisers and I think Lewis and Paul should be very proud of this and all the great work they have done. They are truly Hibs class.

gbhibby
05-04-2022, 09:30 AM
Hope they catch the culprits. Going to a charity event and stealing a ipad your are a loathsome human being.

superfurryhibby
05-04-2022, 01:49 PM
Truly loathsome, lower than a snakes bawz.

Somebody will know them, so time to grass yer idiot pal. They need help.

A Hi-Bee
05-04-2022, 02:28 PM
Lower than a snakes belly, as bad as stealing a charity tin but they are amongst us, unfortunately.

He's here!
05-04-2022, 03:43 PM
I thought the childish booing of Ian Blackford was poor but that really pales into insignificance compared to stealing the i-pads. Effectively stealing from underprivileged kids, although I'm sure those mindless enough to do it won't make the connection. Apart from that, I thought it was a brilliant evening, a super job by the organisers and I think Lewis and Paul should be very proud of this and all the great work they have done. They are truly Hibs class.

Genuinely baffled to hear about both the booing of Blackford and, as you say, the truly appalling theft of valuable equipment. Who would pay to attend such an event and see it as an opportunity to do either of these things?! Could obviously be contract staff rather than guests who took the iPads I guess?

Re Blackford I personnally can't stand him as a politician, right back from his vile behaviour towards the late Charles Kennedy when he won his seat, but you surely leave your politics at the door for a charity event?

Tha Cabbage Kid
06-04-2022, 10:14 AM
question, has there been any footage of the Big man talking about hibs at the event? would love to have a listen

Leithenhibby
06-04-2022, 10:37 AM
From the email…

Shameful

What an absolute despicable act to carry out at a charity event, shameful, yes 100%, but it's not the vocabulary I'd use...

Since452
06-04-2022, 10:51 AM
Stealing from a charity event? Wow. There really are some ****bags out there.

Iggy Pope
06-04-2022, 05:19 PM
What an absolute despicable act to carry out at a charity event, shameful, yes 100%, but it's not the vocabulary I'd use...

Infractions you see….

JimBHibees
07-04-2022, 11:28 AM
From the email…

Shameful

That is shameful however how can they be so sure it was someone there for the event assume other people e.g. staff etc would be there also.

Stubbsy90+2
07-04-2022, 11:38 AM
That is shameful however how can they be so sure it was someone there for the event assume other people e.g. staff etc would be there also.

To be fair they haven’t blamed anybody in particular. I wouldn’t be surprised if staff have been asked as well.

JimBHibees
07-04-2022, 02:43 PM
To be fair they haven’t blamed anybody in particular. I wouldn’t be surprised if staff have been asked as well.

Thought the wording of the email was quite humourous. You may have accidentally stashed the iPad in your goody bag it happens :greengrin

California-Hibs
07-04-2022, 04:46 PM
Is there no videos of this event? Nothing recorded by folk and anything on YouTube? Would love to hear Frank after all these years..

Iggy Pope
07-04-2022, 06:21 PM

Course they would, but there was about 70 tables or more so presumably staff were responsible for gathering them in. If it was staff there wouldn’t have been an email, they’d have the polis at them. There’s only staff and guests. Not sure about any etc.

JimBHibees
07-04-2022, 06:24 PM
Course they would, but there was about 70 tables or more so presumably staff were responsible for gathering them in. If it was staff there wouldn’t have been an email, they’d have the polis at them. There’s only staff and guests. Not sure about any etc.

Fair enough

Radium
08-04-2022, 11:24 AM
https://twitter.com/hanlonstevenson/status/1512385090650783744?s=21&t=SsbVLGaGh-fLWtVEB8hx1w

Sauzee whisky on sale

lyonhibs
08-04-2022, 11:42 AM
https://twitter.com/hanlonstevenson/status/1512385090650783744?s=21&t=SsbVLGaGh-fLWtVEB8hx1w

Sauzee whisky on sale

I couldn't be at the event but with the assistance of my recently purchased "**** it, it's Friday" whisky, I look forward to getting as adequately pished as I would have been had I attended.

mcohibs
08-04-2022, 12:57 PM
Not saying it is right but with a few hundred football fans and the addition of alcohol, are people really that shocked that there were some boos for a politician who's party/policies split public opinion quite drastically in this country?

Not defending it but it is hardly shock of the century is it? Didn't help that he went on for bloody ages mind :greengrin

Iggy Pope
08-04-2022, 03:39 PM
Not saying it is right but with a few hundred football fans and the addition of alcohol, are people really that shocked that there were some boos for a politician who's party/policies split public opinion quite drastically in this country?

Not defending it but it is hardly shock of the century is it? Didn't help that he went on for bloody ages mind :greengrin

Not shock of the century no. Just crap.

whiskyhibby
09-04-2022, 12:02 PM

Sauzee whisky on sale

Purchased 😀🥃