PDA

View Full Version : I was curious as to what Muellers transfer value is, I know its subjective but...

ZitellZeTime
29-03-2022, 03:05 PM
I know a player is only worth as much as club is willing to pay or the selling club values them at to be sold, like our rejected offers for Nisbet, Porteous and alleged knocked back bids for doig in the last year.

But at same time I know usually their is roughly a value that between say 250-500k for a player, depending on form over that season etc can rise. But with Mueller being built up and ive heard some complaints about him but he seemed to have decent reputation before joining, had been doing well for Orlando City and had won two caps for his country scoring two goals before he joined, he looks good to me, stll getting used to the Scottish game and I think we will see the best of him next season. Kind of like how Jorge Claros looked dug***** when he joined for the remainder of that season, but when we extended it til end of next season he looked like a totally different player for us and we actually would have signed him if parent club hadn't been asking for stupid money for him.

So I checked out of curiosity and found this https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/hibernian-fc/marktwertanalyse/verein/903 also found a few other sites with value for all our players and they were all pretty similar. Who the **** makes these places, do they just guess the value of players due to whos in headlines or what club they're on Loan from etc.

Like Scott Allan, I love him he already had diabetes and with the heart condition coming back shows coming over adversity, he still his that football brain but hes just not the same anymore, there is absolutely noone who would pay almost 500k for him, we were trying to offload him allegedly not long ago to make space and free a wage. As much as I love the player and gave me great memories nobody would pay that for him giving his age now, his health issues etc.

But the most shocking one was James Scott hes an absolute imposter and he is pish, I hear people saying theres a players in there, well he's had plenty time to prove it, he's just not good enough for us.

They value him at just under 500k and is according to their list our 10th or 11th most valuable player, im guessing they base this on his past form and the fact he's on loan from a farely big club as if any of them had watched him play they would not value him higher than Jasper, Magennis, Doyle Hayes, Macey, Hanlon, Hendrson , Demetri. Even the Hoff has done more in a his little game time so far and showed he has skills that Scott does not so should be rated higher, especially considering the fee we payed for him.

Does anyone know where these places get their values from, ****ing football manager is far far more accurate than these alleged accurate value for players etc sites and that a computer game. Saying that I think Football Manager use scouts etc from all over the world for the stats, value, wages etc of players which would explain why they seem more accurate, unsure what his value is in that though. Last one i bought was 2017 or something.

Sorry I have used this forum for many years, never posted much. I made an account like 12 years ago when i was at college called calypso king or something but argued with some private member who was always privvy to transfer info, well he argued with me calling me a jambo for disagreeing with what he said, soon after i was faxed back to kaunas lol.

Since then i went back to read only and used mostly for transfer threads in windows, maathday threads to see what new injuries were going to have an hour or so before the game and I do enjoy that "This it how it feels" post JonnyBoy(love your pfp/avatar whatever they call it if you see this Jonny) always makes, always a good read. So i guess im new but not new, been reading here for well over a decade lol.

Allant1981
29-03-2022, 03:16 PM
Dabrowski valued less than mitchell was a strange one straight away, i would take those valuations with a pinch of salt, porteous less than £1m when we were offered that previously(appreciate less time on his contract now)

hibee1875
29-03-2022, 03:26 PM
Those numbers are plucked out of thin air. £400k for Paul McGinn? £270k for McGregor?

WeeRussell
29-03-2022, 04:38 PM
I love that your anger at some unofficial transfer value website is what has forced you back on to the forum as a poster 😂

Personally I’m yet to be any more convinced about Meuller than what I am Scott, if I’m honest. But, like you, hoping he’ll really get going and show us what he’s got next season.

Iggy Pope
29-03-2022, 04:48 PM
Starting again is no bad thing Calypso ZTZ guy, those privvy to transfer info guys are mostly doing exactly the same some of them storming off in the huff.

Scott Allan’s boaby alone is worth £500k though.

Centre Hawf
31-03-2022, 09:46 AM
It's no more or less accurate than something out of Football Manager. It'll be algorithm based an it's just numbers in = number out.

I'm sure Scott Allan is worth around £250k-£300k on Football Manager but good luck getting anyone in the game to pay it.

ScottB
31-03-2022, 01:28 PM
I don’t know if players are assigned a value in terms of them as an asset to the club, not really what anyone else would be expected to pay? More like an accountancy, balance sheet sort of thing.

For example, a player on £2K a week on a 4 year contract, that’s about £400k total. If you look at it like that, maybe these sort of valuations make a bit more sense?

ZitellZeTime
09-04-2022, 04:15 PM
I love that your anger at some unofficial transfer value website is what has forced you back on to the forum as a poster 😂

Personally I’m yet to be any more convinced about Meuller than what I am Scott, if I’m honest. But, like you, hoping he’ll really get going and show us what he’s got next season.

Lol yeah its a weird one but it really ****ing puzzled me looking at some of the players ranked so high and ones so low. I see what you mean about not being cnovinced by him though. He defintiely looks a good player to me but goes in and out of games. I think once he's had a full pre season he's going to be decent. Scott barely even moves on the pitch.

Also how do I know when I get replies. on twitter/reddit etc you get notifications, I thought this was either not posted ir noone had replied until I checked my profile after few comments today.

Do I just search or is there somewhere that notifies me that 6 people had infact replied to this post? Yeah can tell im a noob !

ShetlandHibby
09-04-2022, 04:22 PM
Based on today I’d suggest £0

cabbageandribs1875
09-04-2022, 04:27 PM
Based on today I’d suggest £0

-£0

ZitellZeTime
09-04-2022, 04:27 PM
I love that your anger at some unofficial transfer value website is what has forced you back on to the forum as a poster 😂<br>
<br>
Personally I’m yet to be any more convinced about Meuller than what I am Scott, if I’m honest. But, like you, hoping he’ll really get going and show us what he’s got next season.<br>
<br>Lol yeah its a weird one but it really ****ing puzzled me looking at some of the players ranked so high and ones so low. I see what you mean about not being cnovinced by him though. He defintiely looks a good player to me but goes in and out of games. I think once he's had a full pre season he's going to be decent. Scott barely even moves on the pitch.<br><br>Also how do I know when I get replies. on twitter/reddit etc you get notifications, I thought this was either not posted ir noone had replied until I checked my profile after few comments today.<br><br>Do I just search or is there somewhere that notifies me that 6 people had infact replied to this post? Yeah can tell im a noob !

ShinyFantastic
09-04-2022, 04:52 PM
Anyone want to chip in to fly him back to Orlando? Absolute imposter.

Greencore
09-04-2022, 04:54 PM
Anyone want to chip in to fly him back to Orlando? Absolute imposter.

His flicks are cute though.

Chorley Hibee
09-04-2022, 04:57 PM
Considering the fanfare surrounding his purchase/arrival, I've yet to see anything that suggests he's not just another mediocre addition to an already awful squad.

Wheat Hound
09-04-2022, 06:24 PM
He looks really out his depth. A lot of hype with no end product. A key signing by our ill equipped head of recruitment.

Pretty Boy
09-04-2022, 06:24 PM
If we can recoup his airfare back to Florida we will have done well.

Utterly hopeless and, given the fanfare that greeted his arrival, arguably one of our worst signings in years. He was the flagship for the Ron and Ian Gordon era, that says it all really

Unseen work
09-04-2022, 06:27 PM
My worry is that our attack has been getting alot of stick for not creating/scoring enough.

Melkersen
Nisbet
Jasper
Mueller
Henderson

That’s all never players or one (Nisbet) that Maloney really likes.

So if the 4 players that arrived in January aren’t good enough, to we trust we’ll resolve it in the summer?

Hibee Mac
09-04-2022, 08:01 PM
Mueller is just a headless chicken. All effort and no quality.

What I find embarrassing is that he said something along the lines of thinking he was our "star signing" on his podcast I listened to back in Jan. Far from it so far...

Alarm bells were ringing about Ron Gordon's son as head of recruitment beforehand but this one really firms that opinion up for me...

hibee1875
09-04-2022, 08:02 PM
Did his son have any previous experience in football player recruitment or even any sort of sports recruitment prior to this?

Coach Jon
09-04-2022, 08:11 PM
Mueller is just a headless chicken. All effort and no quality.

What I find embarrassing is that he said something along the lines of thinking he was our "star signing" on his podcast I listened to back in Jan. Far from it so far...

Alarm bells were ringing about Ron Gordon's son as head of recruitment beforehand but this one really firms that opinion up for me...

It is no wonder he thinks he is our "star signing" when you see what we are paying him. The salary structure should be changed to give Bonus incentives rather than easy paydays for players. Dont see any desire or hunger in those imposters.

hibee1875
09-04-2022, 08:13 PM
It is no wonder he thinks he is our "star signing" when you see what we are paying him. The salary structure should be changed to give Bonus incentives rather than easy paydays for players. Dont see any desire or hunger in those imposters.

What are we paying him?

Smartie
09-04-2022, 08:55 PM
I think Mueller has been absolutely pish so far, although I think he deserves some benefit of the doubt - he's arriving from a different league with a very different style of football. It might take him a bit of time to get to grips with Scottish football, we've seen that happen before with some players.

Also, I just don't think he fits into a 343 where Maloney wants to play him. Arguably, he might be an alternative for the role Cadden plays, but I don't think he suits playing centrally and would probably be best as a proper wide player along with a striker who can play up front on his own and a conventional fullback behind him in a 451 sort of thing.

Jones28
09-04-2022, 08:59 PM
He did well against Cove…so there’s that.

Alfred E Newman
09-04-2022, 09:01 PM
I think Mueller has been absolutely pish so far, although I think he deserves some benefit of the doubt - he's arriving from a different league with a very different style of football. It might take him a bit of time to get to grips with Scottish football, we've seen that happen before with some players.

Also, I just don't think he fits into a 343 where Maloney wants to play him. Arguably, he might be an alternative for the role Cadden plays, but I don't think he suits playing centrally and would probably be best as a proper wide player along with a striker who can play up front on his own and a conventional fullback behind him in a 451 sort of thing.

You have just listed all the reasons why we should never have signed him.

Jones28
09-04-2022, 09:03 PM
You have just listed all the reasons why we should never have signed him.

Tbf we did sign him before Maloney.

The Captain....
09-04-2022, 09:05 PM
Mueller really is an imposter.

He has no stand out attribute..doesn't go past players, one.paced, not great first touch, doesn't create, doesn't score goals. Another triumph for our recruitment gurus and Ruprecht Gordon the owners son.

Send him back to the States, at least save us from his motivational bull**** quotes.

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

Libby Hibby
09-04-2022, 09:09 PM
My worry is that our attack has been getting alot of stick for not creating/scoring enough.

Melkersen
Nisbet
Jasper
Mueller
Henderson

That’s all never players or one (Nisbet) that Maloney really likes.

So if the 4 players that arrived in January aren’t good enough, to we trust we’ll resolve it in the summer?

Compared to Murphy / Doidge / Nisbet / Magennis / Allan / Boyle at the start of the season and it’s pretty obvious why we aren’t scoring.

Jones28
09-04-2022, 09:12 PM
He could come good with a rest and a pre season, he’s basically played for 18 months with minimal time to rest.

Callum_62
09-04-2022, 09:21 PM

He has no stand out attribute..doesn't go past players, one.paced, not great first touch, doesn't create, doesn't score goals. Another triumph for our recruitment gurus and Ruprecht Gordon the owners son.

Send him back to the States, at least save us from his motivational bull**** quotes.

Sent from my SM-G996B using TapatalkI wondered how long it would be for his more cultured side to becone a target

Not long it seems

Hibs class indeed.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

The Captain....
09-04-2022, 09:23 PM
I wondered how long it would be for his more cultured side to becone a target

Not long it seems

Hibs class indeed.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using TapatalkCultured.??? Hackneyed cod psychology..its absolute bull****.

Callum_62
09-04-2022, 09:26 PM
Cultured.??? Hackneyed cod psychology..its absolute bull****.

Sent from my SM-G996B using TapatalkAs I said, hibs class.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

hibee1875
09-04-2022, 09:34 PM

What’s wrong with his quotes?

Fair enough have opinions on what he does on the pitch but leave his beliefs out of it