PDA

View Full Version : Players you hope/think we should be after in the summer

PortoHSC
29-03-2022, 12:55 PM
I’ll start with just a couple players I’ve been impressed with this season,
Dylan levitt of dundee United (on loan from Manchester United but out of contract at end of season)
And
Conor Ronan of st mirren (on loan from wolves)

Since452
29-03-2022, 01:07 PM
I'd like us to add a bit of experience. We have a very young squad. A Mulgrew type.

GibbytheHibby2
29-03-2022, 07:35 PM
Marco Veratti

Nicho87
29-03-2022, 08:16 PM
Van Veen would be an upgrade on doidge IMO.
Reagan Charles-Cooke but he’ll be off down south I bet

New contracts for
Newell
Porteous
Bushiri
Jasper signed up

Out:
Mcginn
McGregor
Allan
Scott
Wright

hibeg
29-03-2022, 09:12 PM
Van Veen would be an upgrade on doidge IMO.
Reagan Charles-Cooke but he’ll be off down south I bet

New contracts for
Newell
Porteous
Bushiri
Jasper signed up

Out:
Mcginn
McGregor
Allan
Scott
Wright

Can’t say I’ve been overly impressed with Rocky Bushiri at all. The guy can’t time his jumps which is a pre requisite for a tall central defender !
Agree with Van Veen and Charles-Cooke though 😀

andrew70
29-03-2022, 10:14 PM
Charles-Cook
Stephen Kelly
Steven Fletcher

Greencore
29-03-2022, 10:37 PM
Dembele from celtic

ekhibee
29-03-2022, 10:48 PM
Alan Forrest from Livingston.

LunasBoots
30-03-2022, 12:59 AM
If we are going to play Maloney's style we will probably need a more technical type of player which I'm guessing will be more from Europe.

The Modfather
30-03-2022, 07:23 AM
Jamie Hamilton

OldEast
30-03-2022, 07:28 AM
Can’t say I’ve been overly impressed with Rocky Bushiri at all. The guy can’t time his jumps which is a pre requisite for a tall central defender !

I feel the same about Bushiri. I sincerely hope we can do a lot better.

easty
30-03-2022, 07:33 AM
Jamie Hamilton

How’s he done this season?

Unseen work
30-03-2022, 08:40 AM
I’ve actually been relatively happy with Rocky, he’s had his moments admittedly but overall I think he’s been good when you consider how long he went without playing.

He’s not bad on the ball and overtime I think he’d be better suited to centre of a back 3 but is a bit rash to play there now, for me a player like Porteous on the right would be better suited as he could step into play more and play more creative passes.

Re players signing I get the glamour for Charles Cook and Forrest but I’m always a bit hesitant about signing these type of players. RCC has never had a season even close to this before and may just be the case he’s found a system that’s suited him. Forrest has impressed me at times in fairness with his direct running.

Dylan Levitt is a player I like with his ability to receive the ball on the half turn and play quick players forward, can’t help but feel we’ll be looking at a different type of centre mid.

Connor Ronan has again impressed but again I can’t see he going for him as he’d have a similar style to Henderson and we need players who run beyond the striker imo.

Jordan Jones is a player that always impresses me and one id love to see us sign.

Wild card player I can see us looking at;

Isak Ssewankambo - Out of contract and looks to me like the ‘6’ were described to be looking at. Played for Chelsea, Derby, Molde and Ostersunds. Very big and athletic player who is also good on the ball.

The Modfather
30-03-2022, 09:13 AM
How’s he done this season?

I’ll be honest and admit I’ve no idea how he’s done this season. Linked with a number of big clubs in January, including Liverpool & Celtc, but my uninformed suggestion is based on reputation and him from the previous couple of seasons or two.

If we’ve not got him on a pre contract by now he’s probably likely to get more money elsewhere.

number9dream
30-03-2022, 09:18 AM
Dylan Levitt does look like a very good young player but very few others have shone in what has been a low quality league this season.
I'm not entirely sure how our 'transfer committee' works but Maloney may push for more technical players from further afield.
We can't just focus on signing 20/21 year-olds, hoping one or two turn good for selling on.
The team certainly needs some pace up front and I don't see any good forwards among our rivals.
For what it's worth, I reckon Hungbo is a better bet than Charles-Cook, but he ain't a free agent in the summer.

brog
30-03-2022, 09:28 AM

I can actually see Rocky being developed as a defensive midfielder. For now however he really does need to work on his aerial ability.

MikeyS
30-03-2022, 09:35 AM
I'd be amazed if Maloney tried to play Rocky in CDM. He doesn't have anywhere near the ability to sit in there, it would be worse than Gogic's attempts!

easty
30-03-2022, 09:39 AM
I’ll be honest and admit I’ve no idea how he’s done this season. Linked with a number of big clubs in January, including Liverpool & Celtc, but my uninformed suggestion is based on reputation and him from the previous couple of seasons or two.

If we’ve not got him on a pre contract by now he’s probably likely to get more money elsewhere.

I thought he looked a great prospect last season, but I've not heard anything about him this year. If he was being linked with Liverpool and Celtc then he must be doing well this season :aok:

hibsforeurope
30-03-2022, 10:57 AM
Not sure how he's doing at Peterborough but Jeando Fuchs would have fitted the 'No.6' role perfectly. high energy, good on the ball.

easty
30-03-2022, 11:23 AM
I was kind of hoping things wouldn't work out for Allan Campbell at Luton and we would be able to bring him back to Scotland, but he's playing regularly there.

Since452
30-03-2022, 12:46 PM
Someone like Graeme Shinnie would be perfect. Bit of experience. Think he signed for someone recently though.

Callum_62
30-03-2022, 01:21 PM
Shinnie signed for Wigan
Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

J-C
30-03-2022, 01:55 PM
I can see our recruitment being different this summer, who seen the signing of Jasper, Melkerson and Hauge, I would assume technically gifted players will be Maloney's main targets to fit his way of playing.

JimBHibees
30-03-2022, 02:10 PM
Not sure how he's doing at Peterborough but Jeando Fuchs would have fitted the 'No.6' role perfectly. high energy, good on the ball.

Dont get the hype with him personally dont think great on the ball.

Fergus52
30-03-2022, 02:48 PM

Fuchs had many strengths that were well suited to this league, but being good on the ball was not one of them.

He was in the bottom 5 players in the league for pass accuracy, times dispossessed per match, un-pressured ball losses.

Saint Hibee
30-03-2022, 02:49 PM
Jason Cummings as another option up top.

:duck:

Gmack7
30-03-2022, 03:18 PM
When people say technically gifted or a more technical player is this just someone who can control the ball first time and play an accurate pass?

LustForLeith
30-03-2022, 04:55 PM
Jamie Cureton

eaststandJJ
30-03-2022, 05:15 PM
Someone who can feed strikers from midfield.

The Wireless
30-03-2022, 05:18 PM
I’ll start with just a couple players I’ve been impressed with this season,
Dylan levitt of dundee United (on loan from Manchester United but out of contract at end of season)
And
Conor Ronan of st mirren (on loan from wolves)

Both good choices 🇳🇬

Iain G
30-03-2022, 05:20 PM
Billy Gilmour on loan with am option to buy 😁

500miles
30-03-2022, 07:09 PM
Davis Keillor-Dunn, Dylan Levitt and Regan Charles Cook.

hibbydog
30-03-2022, 09:05 PM
Usual post:

Someone for the Matty Jack role
Craig Rocastle
Marc Librra
Stokesy for a fourth spell
Leigh Griffiths come home

Any missed?

Stonewall
30-03-2022, 09:11 PM
When people say technically gifted or a more technical player is this just someone who can control the ball first time and play an accurate pass?

Someone that can’t tackle.

Unseen work
31-03-2022, 09:07 AM
Davis Keillor-Dunn, Dylan Levitt and Regan Charles Cook.

Forgot all about Keillor Dunn, he really impressed me when he was at County.

eastmainsmsh
31-03-2022, 09:27 PM
Mcgeady player coach

BILLYHIBS
31-03-2022, 09:36 PM
Usual post:

Someone for the Matty Jack role
Craig Rocastle
Marc Librra
Stokesy for a fourth spell
Leigh Griffiths come home

Any missed?