PDA

View Full Version : V Hearts 9 April

DanishJohn
28-03-2022, 07:25 AM
Sorry if this has already been covered.

Myself and four other Hibs fans will be in New York for Tartan day weekend. We think we should be able to watch the game with a 10am kick off time New York time.

Anyone got suggestions for a bar which will show the match at this time where of course you can get a beer ?

Would be great if we could meet up with fellow Hibees and show the good burghers of New York city who really is the Capital city of Scotland's "Big" team.:agree:

Thanks

JimBHibees
28-03-2022, 07:40 AM
Hi a bar called Legends next to statue of liberty is excellent as they have loads of games and will try if you email if game not on their fixture list. Only issue may be the game isnt being covered but would give them a try. Great place when I was there. Www.Legendsffnyc.com

DanishJohn
28-03-2022, 08:07 AM
Hi a bar called Legends next to statue of liberty is excellent as they have loads of games and will try if you email if game not on their fixture list. Only issue may be the game isnt being covered but would give them a try. Great place when I was there. Www.Legendsffnyc.com (http://Www.Legendsffnyc.com)

Thanks very much for that. Yes you have just reminded me of something. The game isn't being televised ?!

Billy Whizz
28-03-2022, 08:08 AM
Thanks very much for that. Yes you have just reminded me of something. The game isn't being televised ?!

Will be on Hibs TV for international viewers

Antifa Hibs
With it not being on Sky Sports you might struggle. Its going to have to be a pub that has IPTV or Hearts fans who meet their with Hertz TV. Also as its 3pm you're going to be competing with one of the old firm who will likely be playing at that time as well as the EPL.

A laptop and a nice pub with good wifi and buying the PPV from Hertz will mostly likely be the best option.

JimBHibees

I would still ask them but assume may be more difficult if not on recognised channel.

Iggy Pope
31-03-2022, 06:51 PM
The Blarney Stone, 8th Avenue I think.
An old haunt of many organised Hibs trips and will have evidence if this on their walls (if they’re still there) of Hibs memorabilia and folks like Big Dode Stewart, Jackie MacNamara and the like pictured.
It’s been a wee while mind you but if you have time it might be worth enquiring.
Think the landlords name back then was Arnie but it was a long time ago. If anyone knows or has access to big Dougan he might know.
Good luck with your trip anyway.

cocteautwin
31-03-2022, 09:55 PM
With it not being on Sky Sports you might struggle. Its going to have to be a pub that has IPTV or Hearts fans who meet their with Hertz TV. Also as its 3pm you're going to be competing with one of the old firm who will likely be playing at that time as well as the EPL.

A laptop and a nice pub with good wifi and buying the PPV from Hertz will mostly likely be the best option.

Why Hearts TV? Is it not on Hibs TV?

Sir David Gray
31-03-2022, 10:12 PM
Why Hearts TV? Is it not on Hibs TV?

Hearts are the home team so it won't be on Hibs TV unless you're an international subscriber.

cocteautwin
31-03-2022, 11:22 PM
Hearts are the home team so it won't be on Hibs TV unless you're an international subscriber.

They’re in New York so one of them could sign up for a month on Hibs TV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turkish Green
01-04-2022, 03:22 AM

Correct, but does it not work that ST holders can watch the match by PPV? I will be watching via Hibs TV but not sure if there will be coverage in NY sports bars. You can but ask.

Sir David Gray
01-04-2022, 06:42 AM
Correct, but does it not work that ST holders can watch the match by PPV? I will be watching via Hibs TV but not sure if there will be coverage in NY sports bars. You can but ask.

The season ticket log in only works for home league games.

To watch the game at Tynecastle on Hibs TV you would need to be outside the UK and Ireland and subscribe to Hibs TV International.

Sir David Gray
01-04-2022, 06:43 AM
They’re in New York so one of them could sign up for a month on Hibs TV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good point!

MikeyS
01-04-2022, 07:17 AM
not necessarily so, all you need is a good VPN & IPTV set up on your fire stick.

Leith Green
01-04-2022, 10:19 AM
Any idea when i can collect my tickets for this from easter road?

DanishJohn
01-04-2022, 10:20 AM
The Blarney Stone, 8th Avenue I think.
An old haunt of many organised Hibs trips and will have evidence if this on their walls (if they’re still there) of Hibs memorabilia and folks like Big Dode Stewart, Jackie MacNamara and the like pictured.
It’s been a wee while mind you but if you have time it might be worth enquiring.
Think the landlords name back then was Arnie but it was a long time ago. If anyone knows or has access to big Dougan he might know.
Good luck with your trip anyway.

First of all, a big thank you to everyone who answered and offered a suggestion. Have to say I'm a dinosaur and a lot right over my head ! Good news is some of the young guys (in their 20's) now know what to do.

Iggy, a good call re that bar but I am sure it no longer exists. I remember when George and Jackie Mac visited it.. Thanks again though.

If any other Hibbys are going to be in NYC on the day still worth while trying to hook up?
Lets keep this big apple green .

Billy Whizz
01-04-2022, 10:21 AM
Any idea when i can collect my tickets for this from easter road?

Available now, I’m picking mine up tomorrow

Superfurry72
01-04-2022, 01:25 PM
I've got a ticket, but have just tested positive for Covid – will be touch and go!

green day
01-04-2022, 01:51 PM
I've got a ticket, but have just tested positive for Covid – will be touch and go!

Me too. Total PITA.

If you have a -ve LFT on wed and Thurs next wk you are good to go.

Leith Green
01-04-2022, 03:03 PM
Collected mines at lunch time. They said we had sold 12.5k for semi final before the general sale last night

Superfurry72
01-04-2022, 04:10 PM
Me too. Total PITA.

If you have a -ve LFT on wed and Thurs next wk you are good to go.

Here's hoping we both make it along! How you feeling? Apart from a slight headache and a wee runny nose, I'm fine. Hoping it stays that way as I have a pre-existing health condition.

green day
01-04-2022, 04:44 PM
Here's hoping we both make it along! How you feeling? Apart from a slight headache and a wee runny nose, I'm fine. Hoping it stays that way as I have a pre-existing health condition.
Sore throat, feel tired, cough.

Just had a couple of Morgan's and Jamaican Ginger to take the edge off !

Biggest issue is the boredom......

Iggy Pope
01-04-2022, 06:04 PM
First of all, a big thank you to everyone who answered and offered a suggestion. Have to say I'm a dinosaur and a lot right over my head ! Good news is some of the young guys (in their 20's) now know what to do.

Iggy, a good call re that bar but I am sure it no longer exists. I remember when George and Jackie Mac visited it.. Thanks again though.

If any other Hibbys are going to be in NYC on the day still worth while trying to hook up?
Lets keep this big apple green .

That’s a shame....

DanishJohn
02-04-2022, 06:56 AM
Update

Made contact with Legends Bar and they confirmed they will show Hibs game.
6 West 33rd Street NYC (believe it is near Empire State Building)

Hope to see you there....and a good Hibs win!

mikefadge
02-04-2022, 07:24 AM
To anyone struck down with the rona, I would happily take your ticket! would bring cash and a shopping bag full of your chosen isolation essentials (then do the actual handover/exchange while literally dripping with alcohol gel!) Was working when these went on sale/sold out :rolleyes:

JimBHibees
02-04-2022, 07:57 AM
Update

Made contact with Legends Bar and they confirmed they will show Hibs game.
6 West 33rd Street NYC (believe it is near Empire State Building)

Hope to see you there....and a good Hibs win!

Yep great place very accommodating when I was there. Imagine there will be a number of games on at the same time given the 3pm kick off time. When I was there it was an international qualifying night and there were about 6 games on at the same time was a good atmosphere especially when the Swedes were going mental after coming back from 4 down against Germany. :greengrin

Yes right next to Statue of Liberty.

LewysGot2
02-04-2022, 08:07 AM
Yep great place very accommodating when I was there. Imagine there will be a number of games on at the same time given the 3pm kick off time. When I was there it was an international qualifying night and there were about 6 games on at the same time was a good atmosphere especially when the Swedes were going mental after coming back from 4 down against Germany. :greengrin

Yes right next to Statue of Liberty.

Statue of Liberty?

It's on Liberty Island, no?
I'm off to NYC again in the summer. Are there 2 legends bars as W 33rd Street isn't near liberty Statue?
Cheers