PDA

View Full Version : Leith Links/Kicks for Kids/Dnipro Kids

FranckSuzy
21-03-2022, 07:47 PM
Hi all

I am sure I'm not alone in feeling helpless whilst watching the current situation in Ukraine unfold. Because of that, and having seen the incredible work Stevie Carr and Dnipro Kids are undertaking, I was hoping our supporters (there are currently 18 who contribute monthly) would support my proposal to donate our current, accrued funds to purchase match tickets for the children who will - hopefully - be arriving in Scotland very soon.

I know it was not the premise that Leith Links was set-up for however, I can think of no better way to demonstrate our founding fathers' ethos for the Club than welcoming refugees to Easter Road.

This will, obviously, impact on the number of tickets we will be able to fund next season but there are no guarantees Kicks for Kids tickets will even exist (and with Sue McLernon gone..) so I feel it's a legitimate use of the funds.

I hope you all agree but please advise if you have any objections :aok: I will also contact the 18 people by email, in case they don't see this.

Many thanks

Susan
Treasurer

PS I have still to contact Stevie Carr et al to see if this would be welcomed but I just wanted to gauge opinion first.

Percy Vere
21-03-2022, 07:51 PM
Hi Susan
I’m sure you are going to get an overwhelming yes to this idea.
Be fantastic to see these kids at Hibs games.
Great work 👍

hibee1875
21-03-2022, 07:53 PM
Hi Susan,

Is there a way we can donate one offs to support the purchase of these tickets?

oconnors_strip
21-03-2022, 07:54 PM
Totally agree with this, and I would volunteer to help on the day with the kids if necessary.

FranckSuzy
21-03-2022, 08:03 PM
Hi Susan,

Is there a way we can donate one offs to support the purchase of these tickets?

Thank you for the offer and I will let you know as soon as I hear back from Dnipro Kids :aok: :not worth

Daniel 1875
21-03-2022, 08:08 PM
An excellent idea and please share details of how to donate if/when it gets the go ahead.

If I can help in any way in the build up or on the day please let me know.

Jonnyboy
21-03-2022, 08:40 PM
Count me in, Susan 👍

Leithenhibby
21-03-2022, 08:56 PM
Fantastic work as always, FS.

Count me in for sure...

Glory Glory

FranckSuzy
21-03-2022, 09:06 PM
Count me in, Susan 👍

That's saved me an email :greengrin Seriously though, thank you :not worth

O'Rourke3
21-03-2022, 09:49 PM
Hi Susan. I think this is an excellent suggestion. No issues from me.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Ronniekirk
21-03-2022, 09:51 PM
Count me in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibby70
21-03-2022, 10:01 PM
Surely the club will just give them tickets free of charge?

FranckSuzy
21-03-2022, 10:14 PM
Surely the club will just give them tickets free of charge?

I would certainly hope so but just in case they don't, I thought I'd put the feelers out :aok:

StevieC
21-03-2022, 11:59 PM
Hi all

I am sure I'm not alone in feeling helpless whilst watching the current situation in Ukraine unfold. Because of that, and having seen the incredible work Stevie Carr and Dnipro Kids are undertaking, I was hoping our supporters (there are currently 18 who contribute monthly) would support my proposal to donate our current, accrued funds to purchase match tickets for the children who will - hopefully - be arriving in Scotland very soon.

I know it was not the premise that Leith Links was set-up for however, I can think of no better way to demonstrate our founding fathers' ethos for the Club than welcoming refugees to Easter Road.

This will, obviously, impact on the number of tickets we will be able to fund next season but there are no guarantees Kicks for Kids tickets will even exist (and with Sue McLernon gone..) so I feel it's a legitimate use of the funds.

I hope you all agree but please advise if you have any objections :aok: I will also contact the 18 people by email, in case they don't see this.

Many thanks

Susan
Treasurer

PS I have still to contact Stevie Carr et al to see if this would be welcomed but I just wanted to gauge opinion first.

A lovely idea .. but .. I’m pretty sure that the club will personally invite them to a game .. so .. could I maybe suggest a supporter led event/dinner/excursion or similar in the Leith area instead?

FranckSuzy
22-03-2022, 07:24 AM
A lovely idea .. but .. I’m pretty sure that the club will personally invite them to a game .. so .. could I maybe suggest a supporter led event/dinner/excursion or similar in the Leith area instead?

Sounds great, Stevie 👍 Thanks for getting back to me as I'm sure you're rather busy just now! Will catch up with you when you have a minute to discuss it.

Fergos
22-03-2022, 07:29 AM
Thank you for the offer and I will let you know as soon as I hear back from Dnipro Kids :aok: :not worth

Hi FS,

Great idea. Let me know if there is a one off way I can help / contribute also please.

Best of luck.

GG.

Ardenttwo
22-03-2022, 08:03 AM
Hi all

Many thanks

Susan
Treasurer

Great idea Susan. Please let us know how we can help/contribute to this As we feel so helpless in this terrible situation these kids find themselves in through no fault of their own.

Oscar T Grouch
22-03-2022, 01:31 PM
Hi all

Many thanks

Susan
Treasurer

Hi Susan,
I am more than happy for you to decide the best way to spend my monthly contribution, I will see if I can up my payment to help you do more but things are getting tight for me at the moment (my reference is KFK-V Scott).
PS I am putting this on here as I do not think you have a contact email for me.

Gmack7
22-03-2022, 03:30 PM
Absolutely yes 👍

FranckSuzy
22-03-2022, 09:18 PM
Thanks for all of the encouraging replies so far. I have received a few offers of help to organise a day out/treat for the children and will wait on Stevie Carr/Dnipro Kids advising what will work best before proceeding.

Will update the thread as soon as I hear back but appreciate the support from everyone 👍

pacorosssco
23-03-2022, 08:17 PM
Would like to donate monthly and give time where can. Is there a website contact number please.

FranckSuzy
24-03-2022, 12:01 PM
Would like to donate monthly and give time where can. Is there a website contact number please.

Thanks very much for the offer. Things are a bit up in the air just now re KfK STs, as there's no information about next season availability, but I will let you know when I hear 👌

FranckSuzy
26-03-2022, 02:52 PM
Following on from my post about organising a treat for the Ukrainian children Stevie Carr and Dnipro Kids rescued, Stevie has confirmed that a day out taking in Ryze (the owner will provide the session free of charge 👏), then on to East Links at Dunbar and finishing with a meal at a pizza place would be the preferred choices.

I am therefore going to start fundraising to give these kids a fantastic day out and if anyone would like to contribute then please send it via PayPal - [email protected] - putting Dnipro or Kids as the reference, please 🙏🤞👍 If anyone would prefer to send a donation via bank transfer, please just let me know and I'll send you the account details.

Yet again, the response from our fans has been absolutely amazing and thank you to all who have offered help, ideas and donations so far - Hibs class indeed 💚💛💙

Edit: £70 raised 👏

oconnors_strip
26-03-2022, 03:16 PM
Following on from my post about organising a treat for the Ukrainian children Stevie Carr and Dnipro Kids rescued, Stevie has confirmed that a day out taking in Ryze (the owner will provide the session free of charge 👏), then on to East Links at Dunbar and finishing with a meal at a pizza place would be the preferred choices.

I am therefore going to start fundraising to give these kids a fantastic day out and if anyone would like to contribute then please send it via PayPal - [email protected] - putting Dnipro or Kids as the reference, please 🙏🤞👍 If anyone would prefer to send a donation via bank transfer, please just let me know and I'll send you the account details.

Yet again, the response from our fans has been absolutely amazing and thank you to all who have offered help, ideas and donations so far - Hibs class indeed 💚💛💙

This day our planned for them sounds great fun! Money sent 👍🏻

FranckSuzy
26-03-2022, 03:22 PM
This day our planned for them sounds great fun! Money sent 👍🏻

Received, thanks N!

Ardenttwo
26-03-2022, 04:29 PM

Sent

FranckSuzy
26-03-2022, 05:05 PM
Sent

Thank you so much 👏

So far, that's the Ryze trampoline sessions free of charge AND a kind Hibby has offered to pay for all the pizzas 😱💚💛💙

£360 raised already 😱

Billy Whizz
26-03-2022, 05:20 PM
Thank you so much 👏

So far, that's the Ryze trampoline sessions fee of charge AND a kind Hibby has offered to pay for all the pizzas 😱💚💛💙

£360 raised already 😱

Small donation made

FranckSuzy
26-03-2022, 07:38 PM
Small donation made

Thank you very much. That's over £600 raised now in just a a few hours. Wonderful stuff 👏💚💛💙

Ronniekirk
26-03-2022, 09:43 PM
Just sent £20 20 p ( don’t ask ) but forgot to put Dnipro on it

FranckSuzy
26-03-2022, 09:50 PM
Just sent £20 20 p ( don’t ask ) but forgot to put Dnipro on it

Received Ronnie, thank you!

FranckSuzy
27-03-2022, 12:13 PM
That's £810 now donated 👏💛💙

FranckSuzy
27-03-2022, 05:07 PM
£980 now raised :not worth

Many thanks also to EH who donated £180 :applause: Sorry, I don't have your email address or I would have messaged you personally :aok:

FranckSuzy
28-03-2022, 09:29 PM
£1,400 now donated! Thank you everyone 👏 💛 💙

Ronniekirk
29-03-2022, 01:11 PM
£1,400 now donated! Thank you everyone [emoji122] [emoji169] [emoji170]

Great effort Good work

iwasthere1972
29-03-2022, 02:05 PM

I would like to donate £200 via a bank transfer if you could let me have the details. A great cause..

Robert

FranckSuzy
29-03-2022, 07:48 PM
I would like to donate £200 via a bank transfer if you could let me have the details. A great cause..

Robert

Thank you so much! 👏 I will PM you now 👍

iwasthere1972
30-03-2022, 08:33 AM
Thank you so much! 👏 I will PM you now 👍

Hi.

Transfer made. Have sent you a message.

Hope the kids have a great day.

FranckSuzy
30-03-2022, 02:54 PM
Hi.

Transfer made. Have sent you a message.

Hope the kids have a great day.

Received! Thank you very much 👏💛💙

FranckSuzy
30-03-2022, 08:59 PM
£1,700 now raised 👏 💛 💙

EdinMike
31-03-2022, 12:01 AM
£1,700 now raised 👏 💛 💙

Wow ! The kids are definitely going to have a great day(s) out ! And a lot of pizza !

FranckSuzy
01-04-2022, 06:33 PM
Wow ! The kids are definitely going to have a great day(s) out ! And a lot of pizza !

Absolutely! 😃 In fact, make that £1,800 raised now 👏💛💙

andrew70
01-04-2022, 11:37 PM
Where are they going for Pizza? There’s two good places in Dunbar if still going to East Links. Highly recommend Umbertos on the Main Street but there’s also Hectors, a different but good vibe in there and might be more aesthetically appealing.

Well done on doing all this.

FranckSuzy
02-04-2022, 12:47 PM
Where are they going for Pizza? There’s two good places in Dunbar if still going to East Links. Highly recommend Umbertos on the Main Street but there’s also Hectors, a different but good vibe in there and might be more aesthetically appealing.

Well done on doing all this.

Vittorias are going to look after them. Thanks for the suggestions though👍 👏💛💙

FranckSuzy
08-04-2022, 08:13 PM
£1,900 now raised for the Ukrainian children 👏 I have messaged Stevie Carr to see how best to get it to them and will update everyone when I hear back 💛💙

FranckSuzy
08-04-2022, 09:30 PM
OK...make that over £2,250 now! 😱 👏

EdinMike
08-04-2022, 09:59 PM
Not that I want to monetise what’s going on, however is there any way to document this day out ? And edit what’s looking like a great day out for these kids ?

FranckSuzy
08-04-2022, 10:42 PM
Not that I want to monetise what’s going on, however is there any way to document this day out ? And edit what’s looking like a great day out for these kids ?

Of course 👍 I'm just waiting on Stevie Carr getting back to me but I *think* it's going to be pizza at Vittorias, then a visit to East Links Farm then trampolining at Ryze, obviously with transport provided 👏

Bishop Hibee
09-04-2022, 12:02 PM
Fantastic piece on the Dnipro Kids charity just finished on BBC Football Focus. Can’t praise Stevie Carr and all the team enough. Would bring a tear to a glass eye and makes me prouder than ever to be a Hibee.

FranckSuzy
23-04-2022, 01:24 PM
Sorry for the lack of updates regarding the Ukrainian children recently. Plans are coming along nicely for their day out though and I'll keep everyone informed as soon as it's all confirmed 👍💛💙

andrew70
24-04-2022, 11:14 AM
Does anyone know if they need any clothes donated.

I have female kids clothes, adult clothes both male and female.

FranckSuzy
05-05-2022, 08:15 PM
Does anyone know if they need any clothes donated.

I have female kids clothes, adult clothes both male and female.

Sorry, just saw this. Not sure I'm afraid but I can ask for you? 👍

FranckSuzy
05-05-2022, 08:15 PM
I should have some news soon about the day out for Dnipro Kids and I'll update everyone when I get the details. Thanks again to everyone who donated 👍💛💙

FranckSuzy
20-06-2022, 09:55 PM
Hi all

Apologies for the delay in updating you re the children's day out but it has been arranged for this Sunday at East Links Family Park.

I will now transfer the money raised to Dnioro Kids and if there's anything left over, I'm sure they'll put it to good use 👏

StevieC
21-06-2022, 10:39 AM
And if anyone is at East Links on Sunday get your Hibs tops on and please come up and introduce yourselves. It’s good for the kids to see the ordinary supporters that have kept the charity going for so long

StevieC
26-06-2022, 09:17 PM
A huge thank you to everyone involved with the fundraising .. the kids had a fantastic day out at East Links Family Park today.

Dnipro Kids Just Giving Link (https://www.justgiving.com/dniproappeal)

JimBHibees
27-06-2022, 06:10 AM
A huge thank you to everyone involved with the fundraising .. the kids had a fantastic day out at East Links Family Park today.

Dnipro Kids Just Giving Link (https://www.justgiving.com/dniproappeal)

Brilliant always loved taking my kids there when young. :thumbsup: