PDA

View Full Version : 3 games to save his hibs career

Pages : [1] 2

Henderson2Del
21-03-2022, 08:46 AM
Our as yet uninspiring manager has 3 games to save himself.
He’s shown nothing as yet to deserve more.
Yes we hear it’s not his squad and the injuries and that has most certainly not helped, however that’s part of football and a good manager can adapt and get a short term tune from what he has.

Can we afford to let his spend in the summer and risk another disaster.

Personally if you offered me Jack Ross or Shaun Maloney for the next 3 games I’d pick Ross and he was a busted flush.

MKHIBEE
21-03-2022, 08:48 AM
Nonsense, Maloney will be here next season

Since452
21-03-2022, 08:49 AM
The rediculous injury list has bought him time.

Diclonius
21-03-2022, 08:51 AM
lmao

Carheenlea
21-03-2022, 08:52 AM
It’s probably two.

Dmas
21-03-2022, 08:53 AM
Yes we hear it’s not his squad and the injuries and that has most certainly not helped, however that’s part of football and a good manager can adapt and get a short term tune from what he has.

Personally if you offered me Jack Ross or Shaun Maloney for the next 3 games I’d pick Ross and he was a busted flush.

Jack Ross had a full squad to ‘get a tune out of’ that he’d picked yet was ‘a busted flush’

But maloney doesn’t get time to even pick from a full squad of players…never mind god forbid bring his own in

How long till the pinning for Jack Ross stops? getting to Neil Lennon levels now

.Sean.
21-03-2022, 08:54 AM
It’s probably two.
Lose both derbies - which is highly likely - and he’ll lose the majority of the fans. Not saying that’s right or wrong

Carheenlea
21-03-2022, 08:56 AM
Lose both derbies - which is highly likely - and he’ll lose the majority of the fans

I maintain that I wouldn’t trust Gordon & Kensell to not do anything rash ahead of semi if he loses the next two.

.Sean.
21-03-2022, 08:57 AM
I maintain that I wouldn’t trust Gordon & Kensell to not do anything rash ahead of semi if he loses the next two.
I think he needs time and should be judged when he’s got a full pool of players but unfortunately for him he’s not got enough credit to survive being another manager who’s lost another hampden match against hearts

Mike Berry
21-03-2022, 08:58 AM
I wouldn't go as far as that. The board will stick with him I think, given the investment they've already made and given how much they made of their belief in him. The fans? That's a different matter. If we fail to make the top 6 and get pumped out the cup at Hampden by Hearts, well that's something the fans won't forgive.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
21-03-2022, 09:00 AM
I think he needs time and should be judged when he’s got a full pool of players but unfortunately for him he’s not got enough credit to survive being another manager who’s lost another hampden match against hearts

Yep agree with that.

Stubbsy90+2
21-03-2022, 09:00 AM
Jack Ross had a full squad to ‘get a tune out of’ that he’d picked yet was ‘a busted flush’

But maloney doesn’t get time to even pick from a full squad of players…never mind god forbid bring his own in

How long till the pinning for Jack Ross stops? getting to Neil Lennon levels now

:agree:

A manager who left us on an absolute horror run of form with us lower in the league than we are now.

Time to let it go. He’s gone and you’ll see him again when he rocks up at Inverness or similar.

OldEast
21-03-2022, 09:02 AM

Nah, bollocks. No offence 👍🏻

JimBHibees
21-03-2022, 09:03 AM

Nonsense

Dmas
21-03-2022, 09:04 AM

A manager who left us on an absolute horror run of form with us lower in the league than we are now.

Time to let it go. He’s gone and you’ll see him again when he rocks up at Inverness or similar.

Exactly a manager responsible for our worst hampden results certainly in my memory would be welcomed back tomorrow but the current manager won’t survive one visit if we get beat absolutely laughable this place sometimes

Henderson2Del
21-03-2022, 09:05 AM

I can assure you I’m not pining for Jack Ross, I think he was awful, however I would rather him in the dugout than a man who has shown nothing at all.
Coaching Belgium is one thing, managing hibs is a very different proposition.

What traits has SM shown to endear him to the fans as yet (or the players for that matter)

JimBHibees
21-03-2022, 09:07 AM
I can assure you I’m not pining for Jack Ross, I think he was awful, however I would rather him in the dugout than a man who has shown nothing at all.
Coaching Belgium is one thing, managing hibs is a very different proposition.

What traits has SM shown to endear him to the fans as yet (or the players for that matter)

He has won two very tricky away games in the cup. Defensively we look better. He has had to deal with a unprecedented injury crisis and his best centre half has missed a number of games due to suspension

Stubbsy90+2
21-03-2022, 09:09 AM
He has won two very tricky away games in the cup. Defensively we look better.

Beat Dundee United away in one of our best performances of the season. Showed a huge improvement in our draw against Celtic recently than the previous time we played them at ER under JR. Taken us back to Hampden to a cup semi final.

Hibbyradge
21-03-2022, 09:10 AM
:faf:

JimBHibees
21-03-2022, 09:12 AM
Beat Dundee United away in one of our best performances of the season. Showed a huge improvement in our draw against Celtic recently than the previous time we played them at ER under JR. Taken us back to Hampden to a cup semi final.

Agree.

Gloucester Hibs
21-03-2022, 09:15 AM
Exactly a manager responsible for our worst hampden results certainly in my memory would be welcomed back tomorrow but the current manager won’t survive one visit if we get beat absolutely laughable this place sometimes

Let’s see what the ST renewals are like if we lose both derbies then. That’s what will do for Maloney IMO

LunasBoots
21-03-2022, 09:17 AM
Let’s see what the ST renewals are like if we lose both derbies then. That’s what will do for Maloney IMO

Yup, he'll lose a fair bit of the support if these derbies turn out how we're all dreading, club aren't just going to sit by when STs don't sell ad intended

where'stheslope
21-03-2022, 09:19 AM
The rediculous injury list has bought him time.
Is this another pop at Porto???

Henderson2Del
Yup, he'll lose a fair bit of the support if these derbies turn out how we're all dreading, club aren't just going to sit by when STs don't sell ad intended

Spot on

flash

I ain't dreading them. I go to fitba for games like these.

JimBHibees
21-03-2022, 09:25 AM
I ain't dreading them. I go to fitba for games like these.

Totally agree absolutely looking forward to these games it's why we support the team for these big games. Love it.

MWHIBBIES
21-03-2022, 09:26 AM
100%

He'll never recover from 2 maybe 3 bad results against Hearts in a short spell. Needs to sort it out. If he doesnt, bin him ASAP and give someone a summer to sort it.

He currently shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as the guy who had us 3rd.

JimBHibees
21-03-2022, 09:27 AM

Absolutely not dreading the Derbies great chance to win both especially the Hampden one.

JimBHibees
21-03-2022, 09:28 AM
100%

He'll never recover from 2 maybe 3 bad results against Hearts in a short spell. Needs to sort it out. If he doesnt, bin him ASAP and give someone a summer to sort it.

He currently shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as the guy who had us 3rd.

So we are just going to keep binning managers without giving them a proper opportunity or preseason that is a great recipe for success.

neil7908
21-03-2022, 09:29 AM
Hearts are a better side than us this year so we need to be prepared to lose one or both games. For me, of course the result matters but the performance is key. Two meek showing with little fight or goal threat and he'll struggle to win back the support. If the games are close and we go down fighting I'd hope fans can support him and the club into next season.

BS44
21-03-2022, 09:29 AM
After 13 games, Maloney has won fewer league matches than Cathro the clown. It's utterly criminal.

linlithgowhibbie
21-03-2022, 09:33 AM
After 13 games, Maloney has won fewer league matches than Cathro the clown. It's utterly criminal.

And Cathro had 10 or 11 players injured every week?

18Craig75
21-03-2022, 09:34 AM
Despite the point being a little dramatic and hysterical, the OP has a point.

There’s no way he’ll be sacked if we lose the next three, nor should he, but the poster is right in the sense that a large portion of our fans won’t be able to see past those results. They’ll hang like a noose around Maloney’s neck like the St Johnstone games did with JR. So in someways it might be better for everyone if we did part ways, can’t be bothered getting into the same situation we were in with JR - massive splits in the support and basically the whole club working against each other.

Hopefully we find something, and soon.

Langlee Hibs
21-03-2022, 09:37 AM
Folk have every right to be alarmed. We're what? 1 win in 11 in the league? Pretty abysmal record IMO, regardless of injuries!

HFC93
21-03-2022, 09:39 AM

I’ve found the comparison to Cathro, which I’ve seen from day one, really odd. Maloney has a completely different background to Cathro. It’s just incredibly lazy Kris Boyd level analysis.

Stubbsy90+2
21-03-2022, 09:41 AM
And Cathro had 10 or 11 players injured every week?

He also took over a team who were in either 3rd or 4th place and replaced a guy who had been head hunted for a new job because he’d done well at Hearts.

Completely different set of circumstances to taking over from a manager who was sacked for going on one of the worst runs we’d been on since we got relegated (possibly the worst run?) and had us in 7th place and dropping like a stone.

B.H.F.C
21-03-2022, 09:42 AM
If he loses twice to Hearts he’s (rightly or wrongly) finished with a a fair number of the support. In fact, it really just comes down to the semi final IMO. The league game will quickly be forgotten about if we get a result at Hampden but another Hampden defeat to that lot won’t be.

I think he’s been unlucky with what he’s had to deal with but he can’t just keep doing the same thing week in, week out.

Percy Vere
21-03-2022, 09:44 AM

Good points. You can’t help feeling disappointed but he’s had no luck with squad availability. SM deserves our support into next season, let’s see what he does with a full squad and a few more players who will fit in with his philosophy.

MWHIBBIES
21-03-2022, 09:45 AM
So we are just going to keep binning managers without giving them a proper opportunity or preseason that is a great recipe for success.

Not at all. Just managers who can't buy a win.

I don't think we'll sack him anyway. He'll get time. Hopefully makes use of it because right now, it's looking grim.

MWHIBBIES
21-03-2022, 09:47 AM
He also took over a team who were in either 3rd or 4th place and replaced a guy who had been head hunted for a new job because he’d done well at Hearts.

Completely different set of circumstances to taking over from a manager who was sacked for going on one of the worst runs we’d been on since we got relegated (possibly the worst run?) and had us in 7th place and dropping like a stone.

You can keep ****ting on Ross, but he done a far better job than Shaun is.

Stubbsy90+2
21-03-2022, 09:48 AM
Good points. You can’t help feeling disappointed but he’s had no luck with squad availability. SM deserves our support into next season, let’s see what he does with a full squad and a few more players who will fit in with his philosophy.

The squad is just a complete mess really. He’s been given a horrendous hand to deal with.

We should be doing better but I’d like to see how he gets on next season after we can address a lot of our issues in the summer and get rid of some more of the players who aren’t good enough/aren’t offering anything.

Percy Vere
21-03-2022, 09:48 AM
If he loses twice to Hearts he’s (rightly or wrongly) finished with a a fair number of the support. In fact, it really just comes down to the semi final IMO. The league game will quickly be forgotten about if we get a result at Hampden but another Hampden defeat to that lot won’t be.

I think he’s been unlucky with what he’s had to deal with but he can’t just keep doing the same thing week in, week out.

People have to realise we are going into the semi understregthed.
Unfortunately against a very strong Hearts team who have had a great run of form and nothing like our injury list.
I think if we are organised and DISCIPLINED we could squeak it but it’s going to be tough. I’ll be as gutted as the next Hibs fan if we lose but at least we are in the semi. We need to support Maloney regardless and see what the next window brings.

Percy Vere
21-03-2022, 09:53 AM

Yeah but he’s gone. So no point going there is there.
Get behind your manager and your team. That’s what being a Hibs supporter is about… supporting thru thick and thin. Comes with the territory.
I remember deciding to support Hibs in the 70s cause I didn’t want to follow the crowd supporting Rangers and Celtic.
I wanted a challenge, support a team who could be great but also bad.
So you appreciate the highs more. Boring supporting teams who win most weeks eh!!! 😂

I'm Spartacus
21-03-2022, 09:54 AM
Hearts recently lost to Dundee and St Johnstone. We cannot forget that.

Our injury list is as bad as I can remember, suspensions do not help.

Percy Vere
21-03-2022, 09:54 AM

People have to realise we are going into the semi understregthed.
Unfortunately against a very strong Hearts team who have had a great run of form and nothing like our injury list.
I think if we are organised and DISCIPLINED we could squeak it but it’s going to be tough. I’ll be as gutted as the next Hibs fan if we lose but at least we are in the semi. We need to support Maloney regardless and see what the next window brings.

Mike Berry
21-03-2022, 09:55 AM
The squad is just a complete mess really. He’s been given a horrendous hand to deal with.

We should be doing better but I’d like to see how he gets on next season after we can address a lot of our issues in the summer and get rid of some more of the players who aren’t good enough/aren’t offering anything.I think if he stays we'll see quite a few leave. But as has been said elsewhere on here, if the next few results go against us it'll hit season ticket sales hard, which gives the board a decision to make.

sleeping giant
21-03-2022, 09:56 AM

Who's dreading them ?

WTF ? 😂

Stubbsy90+2
21-03-2022, 09:57 AM

Is what I said wrong?

The point wasn’t about Ross really. It was about what Maloney and Cathro inherited. The comparison was between Maloney and Cathro. What they inherited is relevant to any comparison.

You can keep pining for Ross though. Oh, and he wasn’t doing a better job when he left. Hence why he was sacked.

Winston Ingram
21-03-2022, 09:57 AM
This is the problem you get when you appoint a rookie. They've not got a track record to fall back on when things start to go pear shaped.

I'm not advocating we sack him yet but to me, he's performing like a rookie.

Our football is dull as dishwater and we rarely look like scoring. JDH is the only player to score a league goal for us this year and he's not done anything to improve this.

I accept we've had a lot of injuries but we've had more than enough quality available to get results in this league.

I'm Spartacus
21-03-2022, 09:58 AM

We should be doing better but I’d like to see how he gets on next season after we can address a lot of our issues in the summer and get rid of some more of the players who aren’t good enough/aren’t offering anything.

I pointed this out ages ago and got pelters. We recruited him at a ****ty time and sold our prized possession. How can we expect him not to be on the back foot after that.

Percy Vere
21-03-2022, 09:58 AM

Astute analysis and totally pointless. Get a grip and look at the reality of our situation. Horrendous injury list. Negative fans like yourself to put up with. ISt disappointing, butfor gods sake support your team and your manager.

Stubbsy90+2
21-03-2022, 09:59 AM
I pointed this out ages ago and got pelters. We recruited him at a ****ty time and sold our prized possession. How can we expect him not to be on the back foot after that.

We were a one man team before he came in. We then sold that one man before he’d even got his jacket off.

On top of that, he then lost an outrageous amount of players who were already being carried by Boyle and had to use even poorer players to replace them.

Percy Vere
21-03-2022, 10:00 AM

Exactly. But you need to stand up in here. The knocker’s who love to be negative outweigh the positive supporters. Because it’s easier to moan than get behind your team.

Alan62
21-03-2022, 10:01 AM
It's an absolute disgrace that a new manager with a seriously depleted squad hasn't had instant success in his new job. We should sack him immediately never mind in three games time. In fact, we should sack the next manager now as well. He's hopeless. And those players? Useless, every one of them. That new chief exec is a big fake as well. He has a sun tan. Ridiculous. And what about the boss appointing his son to a key role? Shocking. Absolutely disgraceful. I would burn my season ticket if I hadn't burned it every week since the start of the season. And I'm going to burn the scarf that I bought to replace the scarf I threw on the pitch in sheer disgust after something completely disgusting that I can't really remember now. Honestly, we should just shut the whole club down now. I'm done. It's over. See you all on Saturday 2 March for the Dundee United game. Make sure you practice your booing in the meantime because that Maloney is useless.

stantonhibby
21-03-2022, 10:06 AM
This is the problem you get when you appoint a rookie. They've not got a track record to fall back on when things start to go pear shaped.

I'm not advocating we sack him yet but to me, he's performing like a rookie.

Our football is dull as dishwater and we rarely look like scoring. JDH is the only player to score a league goal for us this year and he's not done anything to improve this.

I accept we've had a lot of injuries but we've had more than enough quality available to get results in this league.

Mitchell and Cadden scored v Livingston

Paul1642
21-03-2022, 10:08 AM
I was pretty uninspired when we appointed Maloney but as with all Hibs mangers I was more than willing to give him a proper chance.

He has shown nothing to make me think that he will come up good in his time here, and although the much spoken about injury crisis can possibly explain some of the bad results, it doesn’t explain the completely gutless performances and apparent lack of any game plan.

Regardless of results you can get a feel for a manager by his performances. Hecky was initially getting good results yet most could see that it was not going to last. Performances under Maloney have been even worse and the results incomparable.

We might have some injury’s but the squad we have available to us is still of similar strength than many of the team we are failing to compete with.

Bottom 6 and emptied by Heats would be inexcusable.

Paul1642
21-03-2022, 10:10 AM
It's an absolute disgrace that a new manager with a seriously depleted squad hasn't had instant success in his new job. We should sack him immediately never mind in three games time. In fact, we should sack the next manager now as well. He's hopeless. And those players? Useless, every one of them. That new chief exec is a big fake as well. He has a sun tan. Ridiculous. And what about the boss appointing his son to a key role? Shocking. Absolutely disgraceful. I would burn my season ticket if I hadn't burned it every week since the start of the season. And I'm going to burn the scarf that I bought to replace the scarf I threw on the pitch in sheer disgust after something completely disgusting that I can't really remember now. Honestly, we should just shut the whole club down now. I'm done. It's over. See you all on Saturday 2 March for the Dundee United game. Make sure you practice your booing in the meantime because that Maloney is useless.

What a balanced view on things. Our results are terrible and performances are pathetic. Please excuse those of us who expect better. We are back to where we were under Calderwood, Mixu and such.

Mike Berry
21-03-2022, 10:14 AM
It's an absolute disgrace that a new manager with a seriously depleted squad hasn't had instant success in his new job. We should sack him immediately never mind in three games time. In fact, we should sack the next manager now as well. He's hopeless. And those players? Useless, every one of them. That new chief exec is a big fake as well. He has a sun tan. Ridiculous. And what about the boss appointing his son to a key role? Shocking. Absolutely disgraceful. I would burn my season ticket if I hadn't burned it every week since the start of the season. And I'm going to burn the scarf that I bought to replace the scarf I threw on the pitch in sheer disgust after something completely disgusting that I can't really remember now. Honestly, we should just shut the whole club down now. I'm done. It's over. See you all on Saturday 2 March for the Dundee United game. Make sure you practice your booing in the meantime because that Maloney is useless.Sums up the attitude of a lot hibees I think. I've been guilty of it myself enough times. The season we won the cup I threw my scarf in the bin after we lost 6-2 to Rangers. Bought another one. Threw that in the bin after Ross County beat us at Hampden. Bought another one just before the Scottish Cup Final. I'll never throw that one away though. But it's true, as a support we're terrible for chucking the toys out the pram.

ancient hibee
21-03-2022, 10:14 AM

The season ticket is very difficult to burn-the club should bring out a new one and include a box of matches in the deal.

Northernhibee
21-03-2022, 10:25 AM
It's a very bold thread to start but I couldn't be less enthused about Shaun Maloney's Hibs right now. Injuries aside he's still got a team of good players that should be performing more than what he does and I think he's trying to force square pegs into round holes to fit his philosophy half the time.

Stubbsy90+2
21-03-2022, 10:26 AM
It's a very bold thread to start but I couldn't be less enthused about Shaun Maloney's Hibs right now. Injuries aside he's still got a team of good players that should be performing more than what he does and I think he's trying to force square pegs into round holes to fit his philosophy half the time.

We have to start Drey Wright and Josh Campbell most weeks with no real option for changing it. I’m not sure we have a team of good players at all.

brog
21-03-2022, 10:27 AM

Thank God for some sanity. Jack Ross lost a cup semi final to lower division Hearts, remained in the job for another 14 months yet people on here genuinely expect Maloney to be immediately sacked if he loses next month. At times I think I inhabit a parallel universe.

Northernhibee
21-03-2022, 10:28 AM
We have to start Drey Wright and Josh Campbell.

We don't.

We let go both Gogic and Hallberg who although weren't brilliant offered a bit of depth. We could have quite happily have had Gogic in his usual role of breaking things up and adding a bit of muscle to midfield with someone like Newell, Hallberg, Henderson who we know can make a forward pass and things would look better. Campbell looked much better in a more attacking sense when he first broke into the team as opposed to now.

We could also have, y'know, recruited another CM in the winter window but got sidetracked by the B-team project which could have waited until the summer seeing as how we were in a bit of a crisis.

The issue is that Maloney is supremely stubborn trying to play a system that doesn't fit our team and he really needs to snap out of it very soon.

FilipinoHibs
21-03-2022, 10:34 AM
Never going to happen. He is in for the rebuild. Only been here 3 months and loads of injuries. Anything we get from this season is a bonus. Some Hibs fans need to get real

superfurryhibby
21-03-2022, 10:35 AM
What a **** show Maloney’s tenure has become.

A raft of signings who have contributed little in terms of improving the side.

Tactical approaches and game plan devoid of inspiration.

A board that are disconnected from the support.

I’m a part time supporter, been to around half a dozen, maybe eight games this season. Was thinking of joining my eldest and his pals with a season ticket next season, but probably won’t bother. There are many thousands like and they won’t be back on board anytime soon.

I’m not looking forward to the next few weeks. I probably won’t bother with Hampden, it will end up in embarrassment at the hands of an average to middling Hearts side.

Stubbsy90+2
We don't.

We let go both Gogic and Hallberg who although weren't brilliant offered a bit of depth. We could have quite happily have had Gogic in his usual role of breaking things up and adding a bit of muscle to midfield with someone like Newell, Hallberg, Henderson who we know can make a forward pass and things would look better.

We could also have, y'know, recruited another CM in the winter window but got sidetracked by the B-team project which could have waited until the summer seeing as how we were in a bit of a crisis.

The issue is that Maloney is supremely stubborn trying to play a system that doesn't fit our team and he really needs to snap out of it very soon.

That’s fair. I didn’t even rate Hallberg all that highly but letting him go especially makes no sense at all. He’s miles better than Campbell and Wright.

The lack of a signing makes no sense either but who’s fault actually is that? We kept getting told Jack Ross was let down by the recruitment team, it would appear Maloney has been as well. Regardless of whether we should have signed another centre mid or not, we didn’t and we’ve been left woefully short on quality and numbers.

GreenCastle
What is Maloneys philosophy? I keep seeing fans say give him the summer window and let him put his stamp on the team?

A couple new central midfielders (which should have come in January!) isn’t going to fix this team / style of play.

The next 3 games are season defining and failing to get to top 6 is one issue.

Failing to beat Dundee Utd and making top 6 - that’s under performing.

Losing a derby and not making top 6 - double whammy.

Losing a derby semi final and not making top 6 will hit the club hard.

It will also come down to the results and scorelines. Aberdeen game is a prime example of what could happen if we don’t improve / change the shape.

I commented on the other thread the formation isn’t doing us any favours and it’s limiting the players.

Oddly would feel more confident with David Gray leading the team next 3 games which is a slight worry but feels he would do the basics to get us performances and possible a result or 2/ 3.

WhileTheChief..
21-03-2022, 10:37 AM
Get real??

Are you serious? We're rank and we're saying so, nothing unreal about that.

We're going nowhere with Maloney in charge and need to make the change asap.

Iggy Pope
21-03-2022, 10:38 AM
Get real??

We?

GreenCastle
21-03-2022, 10:39 AM
We don't.

We let go both Gogic and Hallberg who although weren't brilliant offered a bit of depth. We could have quite happily have had Gogic in his usual role of breaking things up and adding a bit of muscle to midfield with someone like Newell, Hallberg, Henderson who we know can make a forward pass and things would look better. Campbell looked much better in a more attacking sense when he first broke into the team as opposed to now.

Hard to disagree with this.

Hallberg and Gogic would offer more than some of our fringe players plus give competition for places.

BS44
21-03-2022, 10:40 AM
Astute analysis and totally pointless. Get a grip and look at the reality of our situation. Horrendous injury list. Negative fans like yourself to put up with. ISt disappointing, butfor gods sake support your team and your manager.

Stay calm chap. By the way, Cathros team managed 19 goals in 13 games while Maloney's team has managed 9. I know that won't bother you, but it scares the crap out of me. Maybe I just care more?

GreenCastle
21-03-2022, 10:42 AM
Despite the point being a little dramatic and hysterical, the OP has a point.

There’s no way he’ll be sacked if we lose the next three, nor should he, but the poster is right in the sense that a large portion of our fans won’t be able to see past those results. They’ll hang like a noose around Maloney’s neck like the St Johnstone games did with JR. So in someways it might be better for everyone if we did part ways, can’t be bothered getting into the same situation we were in with JR - massive splits in the support and basically the whole club working against each other.

Hopefully we find something, and soon.

This last sentence - massive splits in the support and basically the whole club working against each other is starting to happen ..

This is the worst part and doesn’t make supporting the team enjoyable.

Maloney must beat Dundee Utd - lose or draw and simply not good enough.

Feels like he needs 2 out of 3 (including a derby win) results to go his way to get some credit in bank and Hibs fans back on board.

Viva_Palmeiras
21-03-2022, 10:48 AM

Who comes up with this ?

firestarting with a leading timeframe of X games just reeks imo. Sensationalism for sensationalisms sake. Sponsored by Tena.

JimBHibees
21-03-2022, 10:48 AM
Thank God for some sanity. Jack Ross lost a cup semi final to lower division Hearts, remained in the job for another 14 months yet people on here genuinely expect Maloney to be immediately sacked if he loses next month. At times I think I inhabit a parallel universe.

Agree totally I also think as fans we get the team we deserve to get.

JimBHibees
21-03-2022, 10:49 AM
Who comes up with this ?

Probably read on kickback.

JimBHibees
21-03-2022, 10:50 AM
Get real??

Nonsense.

flash
21-03-2022, 10:53 AM
What a **** show Maloney’s tenure has become.

A raft of signings who have contributed little in terms of improving the side.

Tactical approaches and game plan devoid of inspiration.

A board that are disconnected from the support.

I’m a part time supporter, been to around half a dozen, maybe eight games this season. Was thinking of joining my eldest and his pals with a season ticket next season, but probably won’t bother. There are many thousands like and they won’t be back on board anytime soon.

I’m not looking forward to the next few weeks. I probably won’t bother with Hampden, it will end up in embarrassment at the hands of an average to middling Hearts side.

Hopefully the players have a bit more heart than you.

Thankfully, regardless of recent results, I think they do.

jeffers
21-03-2022, 10:54 AM
Maybe the OP is a bit extreme, but I can sort of see where he is coming from even if it may be unreasonable. I’ve seen nothing from Maloney to suggest he’s the right man. Initially I thought I knew what he was trying to do, but now I have no idea. We may look better defensively but that’s as a result of playing so few attack minded players.

I also agree with the comments re Hallberg and Gogic. Neither were brilliant but both were better than Wright and Campbell, two players who seem first picks under Maloney.

I was totally fine about Ross leaving, even if he probably did have enough goodwill to get the January window, I certainly wasn’t enjoying the football. However I didn’t expect it to be even worse under Maloney.

wookie70
21-03-2022, 10:56 AM
He should get time after the summer window to see if his plan has a chance of success. I think it was doomed to failure due to pitches, referees, standard of play and fans patience levels but he is entitled to try it out and importantly tweak and be pragmatic as he learns. I hope he gets some luck as he is going to need it but the main problem was the mad rush to appoint him when we could have had SDG in place for a while to see what would happen and take time to get the right replacement. That may have been SM but it appeared a very narrow search for a new boss, at least looking from the outside. My biggest worry if he is forced out by fan reaction is I have very little faith that the current decision makers would do a better job choosing the next manager.

Yorkshire HFC
21-03-2022, 10:56 AM
Totally agree - get rid of him - this long term strategy is useless.

Get a random genius from the internet to pick the team every week - it can't be very hard - "supporters" on this website think they know better than the people currently doing it.

You do realise this is where where you're headed. It's no wonder football club owners don't pay any attention to the fans.

I'm Spartacus
21-03-2022, 11:00 AM

The bit in bold above is actually unbelievable. Not sure why I thought it was much sooner. Great point though.

Alan62
21-03-2022, 11:01 AM
What a balanced view on things. Our results are terrible and performances are pathetic. Please excuse those of us who expect better. We are back to where we were under Calderwood, Mixu and such.

We all want better. You, me, the owners, the players and the manager. Some of us are willing to accept that getting what you want takes time. Others need instant gratification. Shaun Maloney may yet be successful but he will only be successful if he's given a chance. If he isn't, then we'll be on to New Guy who will be given a ramshackle squad and a dozen games to prove he's a world-beater.

B.H.F.C
21-03-2022, 11:03 AM

Get a random genius from the internet to pick the team every week - it can't be very hard - "supporters" on this website think they know better than the people currently doing it.

You do realise this is where where you're headed. It's no wonder football club owners don't pay any attention to the fans.

I think it was paying attention to the fans (or lack of fans) that played a big part in the owner getting rid of the previous manager.

Stevie Reid
21-03-2022, 11:04 AM

Ron Gordon has undoubtedly paid attention to the fans - especially the ones who weren’t happy with the football under Ross.

All the chat from Kensell before Maloney was appointed, all the chat from Shaun and BK since the appointment, and every bit of promo that’s come from the club since, all mentions style of football. That’s no coincidence.

Ron Gordon has listened to (what would have seemed to him) a large portion of his customer base and acted accordingly.

Viva_Palmeiras
21-03-2022, 11:04 AM
Never going to happen. He is in for the rebuild. Only been here 3 months and loads of injuries. Anything we get from this season is a bonus. Some Hibs fans need to get real

short-termism isnt helping us - although many thought we’d nailed out colors to the long term vision provided by Ross. That pivot to Maloney has and would prove disruptive given the landscape. Ignoring context is not helpful either but interestingly enough context may have shown Maloney has a bigger challenge on his hands - shifting the team to a new system against the backdrop of horrendous injuries and loss of our key player who was like a “Jesus nut” :) [Vietnam ref]

Northernhibee
21-03-2022, 11:05 AM
That’s fair. I didn’t even rate Hallberg all that highly but letting him go especially makes no sense at all. He’s miles better than Campbell and Wright.

The lack of a signing makes no sense either but who’s fault actually is that? We kept getting told Jack Ross was let down by the recruitment team, it would appear Maloney has been as well. Regardless of whether we should have signed another centre mid or not, we didn’t and we’ve been left woefully short on quality and numbers.

Thing is, in the position we're in if a manager has done everything possible to try and turn it around then you can forgive that absolutely. Maloney's not really shown signs of deviating from his system that much since he came in where it's clear that we've not got the players for that, we've seen Cadden, Doig, Stevenson etc. at centre back, we've seen Campbell at LWB etc. and that deeply concerns me that we'd rather than change the system and shape to fit what we have, he's still knocking at the same door expecting a different answer.

When Alan Stubbs went on his bad form in the championship, we seen us try a midfield diamond, a 3-5-2 and more. We were really struggling with injuries in central midfield and a brutal schedule of games had seen us play several weeks of midweek games in a row. Although it was difficult that could be somewhat forgiven for trying to make it work.

If we were to play a 4-3-3, we could have a back four of Hanlon, McGregor (or whatever CB would be preferable in place of Porteous whilst suspended), Cadden on the right, Doig or Stevenson on the left. Have Newell or JDH as your deeper midfielder of the three with Cadden putting in a more energetic box to box style shift like he's used to and have Henderson who is more attack minded.

Have a front three from Melkersen, Jasper, Doidge, Hauge, Mueller, O'Connor etc.

Very few square pegs in round holes from there.

I'm really concerned that we're sticking with a system we can see does not work at all and I'm extremely concerned with the nous of Maloney as a result. He strikes me as another Paul Heckingbottom.

Mike Berry
21-03-2022, 11:07 AM
short-termism is it helping us - although many thought we’d nailed out colors to the long term vision provided by Ross. That pivot to Maloney has and would prove disruptive given the landscape. Ignoring context is not helpful either but interestingly enough context may have shown Maloney has a bigger challenge on his hands - shifting the team to a new system against the backdrop of horrendous injuries and loss of our key player who was like a “Jesus nut” :) [Vietnam ref]"jesus nut", that's a reference to the bit that keeps the blades on a helicopter, isn't it?

I'm Spartacus
21-03-2022, 11:08 AM

I am not suggesting this for us in anyway before folk lose the plot.

But is Cricket the only sport where there's a team selection panel? Could football ever work like that? Game and training stats are all recorded now.

Jones28
21-03-2022, 11:10 AM
Lose both derbies - which is highly likely - and he’ll lose the majority of the fans. Not saying that’s right or wrong

That’s a certainty.

Paul1642
21-03-2022, 11:11 AM

Alternative plan. Get a manger who knows what he is doing.

Paul1642
21-03-2022, 11:13 AM
We all want better. You, me, the owners, the players and the manager. Some of us are willing to accept that getting what you want takes time. Others need instant gratification. Shaun Maloney may yet be successful but he will only be successful if he's given a chance. If he isn't, then we'll be on to New Guy who will be given a ramshackle squad and a dozen games to prove he's a world-beater.

Your last sentence sums up my fear. Maloney should, and will be given to the summer regardless. What I don’t want to happen is for result to continue to be crap until the summer yet for Maloney to be given the start of the new season.

It a change of manager is looking necessary it needs to happen at the end of the season.

superfurryhibby
21-03-2022, 11:14 AM
Hopefully the players have a bit more heart than you.

Thankfully, regardless of recent results, I think they do.

So do I, but bitter experience tells me that it's not really about heart, more about how utterly gash we really are.

I reserve the right to go to the final, attend cup parade etc, etc.

Northernhibee
21-03-2022, 11:21 AM

I expect us to have short, mid and long term goals and plans to achieve all three. You can't sacrifice the first one or two for the latter, all three have to be in sync and they're blatantly not.

WhileTheChief..
21-03-2022, 11:24 AM
Nonsense.

No, it's not.

It's a perfect post illustrating quite beautifully the mess we are in.

WhileTheChief..
21-03-2022, 11:25 AM
We?

Me and the other Hibs' fans saying similar :aok:

Alan62
21-03-2022, 11:27 AM
Your last sentence sums up my fear. Maloney should, and will be given to the summer regardless. What I don’t want to happen is for result to continue to be crap until the summer yet for Maloney to be given the start of the new season.

It a change of manager is looking necessary it needs to happen at the end of the season.

The actual key thing here is that with your way of thinking, nobody gets any time if they don't immediately get results. Maloney was appointed on 20 December 2021. He's been in the job exactly 92 days and you want him sacked. Let's say he was replaced at the end of the season and the new guy came in. We'd barely be out of short sleeves on a Saturday before you were baying for blood unless the new guy gets off to a flying start.

Northernhibee
21-03-2022, 11:29 AM
I'm not afraid to nail my colours to the mast at all on this one and people are more than welcome to repost this til the cows come home if I'm proven wrong, but I'm already in the boat where I'd be happy to be shot of Maloney. You earn the right to your mid and long term plans by showing some degree of knowledge of how to achieve your short term aims (which have unquestionably been scaled back due to the injury problems that we have) but as it is, I do think he combines the stubborn nature and arrogance of Heckingbottom with the rabbit in the headlights persona of Cathro (and I absolutely slated a poster for making that comparison when he joined us).

Iggy Pope
21-03-2022, 11:31 AM
Me and the other Hibs' fans saying similar :aok:

Disjointed lot, probably needing a spokesman right enough :aok:

SRHibs
21-03-2022, 11:33 AM
He's not exactly an inspiring character, and the football at the moment is pathetic.

Hopefully it's just a matter of things taking a little bit of time to "click" though.

Still think getting shot of Ross was a wild decision, especially considering we released Mathie, which would indicate that Ross was managing a squad that wasn't fit for purpose. What's done is done I guess.

WhileTheChief..
21-03-2022, 11:34 AM
Disjointed lot, probably needing a spokesman right enough :aok:

Want me to go back and edit my post to say 'Only Me'?

WhileTheChief..
21-03-2022, 11:35 AM
Alternative plan. Get a manger who knows what he is doing.

That's what I'd do!!!

Iggy Pope
21-03-2022, 11:37 AM
Want me to go back and edit my post to say 'Only Me'?

No. We’re all fine and listening.

The Harp Awakes
21-03-2022, 11:38 AM
Thing is, in the position we're in if a manager has done everything possible to try and turn it around then you can forgive that absolutely. Maloney's not really shown signs of deviating from his system that much since he came in where it's clear that we've not got the players for that, we've seen Cadden, Doig, Stevenson etc. at centre back, we've seen Campbell at LWB etc. and that deeply concerns me that we'd rather than change the system and shape to fit what we have, he's still knocking at the same door expecting a different answer.

When Alan Stubbs went on his bad form in the championship, we seen us try a midfield diamond, a 3-5-2 and more. We were really struggling with injuries in central midfield and a brutal schedule of games had seen us play several weeks of midweek games in a row. Although it was difficult that could be somewhat forgiven for trying to make it work.

If we were to play a 4-3-3, we could have a back four of Hanlon, McGregor (or whatever CB would be preferable in place of Porteous whilst suspended), Cadden on the right, Doig or Stevenson on the left. Have Newell or JDH as your deeper midfielder of the three with Cadden putting in a more energetic box to box style shift like he's used to and have Henderson who is more attack minded.

Have a front three from Melkersen, Jasper, Doidge, Hauge, Mueller, O'Connor etc.

Very few square pegs in round holes from there.

I'm really concerned that we're sticking with a system we can see does not work at all and I'm extremely concerned with the nous of Maloney as a result. He strikes me as another Paul Heckingbottom.

I agree with your points about the rigidity of the system and square pegs in round holes etc, but I think the bottom line is a lack of quality across the team.

That is partly down to the injury list and partly down to poor recruitment in recent windows.

There is such an obvious imbalance in the starting 11, which will always result in lack of goal scoring opportunities and therefore goals scored. Wright and Campbell are both hard working players, but neither is good in possession, they continually give the ball away and create nothing offensively. Playing them in the same midfield is clearly not working and it puts so much pressure on Jasper an Cadden to create something.

Although he's got things wrong, Maloney needs to be given the close season to get players fit and to recruit effectively. It would make no sense to bin a Manager so soon into the job given the circumstances.

Skol
21-03-2022, 11:39 AM
I am in the camp of people who was disappointed to see Ross go and feared that we would live to regret that decision.

In those first two games it appeared that Maloney had brought something different and the signs were positive. Then came the break and a raft of new and departed players. None of the positive signs remain and Hibs are now a very poor side who dont look like scoring yet often have a mistake that leads to a goal. Oh and a propensity to have red cards.

Having said all of that, we cannot change our manager again and maloney needs to be given time and support, even if we lose the next 2 or 3 games. In defence of maloney he has lost boyle and also had an unlucky spell with injuries. However it is clear he continues to try and get the players he has to fit his style rather than get the best from the players available

Although I have said we should not change, I do have the Hearts Cathro experience in the back of my mind where they found themselves in a similar position and suffered by giving cathro time.

I really hope that those green shoots start to show again and I also hope we implement a different formation and strategy which may go against maloneys principles but gives us a better chance of being succesful

Carheenlea
21-03-2022, 11:41 AM
I think it was paying attention to the fans (or lack of fans) that played a big part in the owner getting rid of the previous manager.

Ron Gordon has undoubtedly paid attention to the fans - especially the ones who weren’t happy with the football under Ross.

All the chat from Kensell before Maloney was appointed, all the chat from Shaun and BK since the appointment, and every bit of promo that’s come from the club since, all mentions style of football. That’s no coincidence.

Ron Gordon has listened to (what would have seemed to him) a large portion of his customer base and acted accordingly.

I think they reacted to small number, but very vocal group of fans who chanted for Jack Ross’s removal at Livingston and made a decision that caught everyone by surprise. They maybe took the reaction from a few as the wishes of the many. Ross’s time was running out, but had that small group of fans not been so vocal at the end of the Livingston game I reckon he might have got a little bit longer to rectify the poor run. Hibs fans weren’t universal in calling for change at that time.

Waxy
21-03-2022, 11:42 AM

Sorry thats rubbish.

Stevie Reid
21-03-2022, 11:48 AM
I think they reacted to small number, but very vocal group of fans who chanted for Jack Ross’s removal at Livingston and made a decision that caught everyone by surprise. They maybe took the reaction from a few as the wishes of the many. Ross’s time was running out, but had that small group of fans not been so vocal at the end of the Livingston game I reckon he might have got a little bit longer to rectify the poor run. Hibs fans weren’t universal in calling for change at that time.

Absolutely agree with your last sentence, as I was one that didn’t want him gone. Was merely making the point that I think RG very much has paid attention to fans.

flash
21-03-2022, 11:48 AM
So do I, but bitter experience tells me that it's not really about heart, more about how utterly gash we really are.

I reserve the right to go to the final, attend cup parade etc, etc.

I hope we are both at the final.

Greenio
21-03-2022, 11:49 AM

I have no words

HoboHarry
21-03-2022, 11:50 AM
It's so exciting waking up and searching in anticipation of the latest insights and thoughts of our .net intullectshuls.....

Stubbsy90+2
21-03-2022, 11:51 AM

We’ll all remember it differently but I really just remember watching the performance of that game and the 2 sending offs and thinking there’s absolutely no way he can survive this one.

It was really a bit of a watershed moment in his Hibs career imo and no amount of singing changed it. Ole had a similar game at Man Utd. His sacking was on the horizon, then he had a couple of horror shows in quick succession with his final game being almost funny it was that bad (4-1 defeat to Watford). It often goes that way with managers in that a poor run is compounded by an absolute horror show and that rips them over the edge.

Mike Berry
21-03-2022, 11:52 AM

But is Cricket the only sport where there's a team selection panel? Could football ever work like that? Game and training stats are all recorded now.No.

A Hi-Bee
21-03-2022, 11:55 AM

:faf::faf::troll:

B.H.F.C
21-03-2022, 11:57 AM

They support definitely wasn’t universal in wanting rid but I think the growing number of empty seats would have played a part in their thinking. The one person that it didn’t catch by surprise, from what he said on TV the other night, was the man himself. Not convinced those chants played a part, think they were waiting for their moment and that result and performance was it.

jakeshibs
21-03-2022, 11:59 AM
I understand everyones frustration, however if we don't try and support the manager in the short term we will never attract any manager of quality, as they know how quick the support turns.

We are all Hibs supporters and we want the best for our club and taste the success we should have over the years, but that has never been our way..
We always do it the Hibs way!

Get behind the manager and our team, we are essential in motivating the players, we need to show our loyalty.

GGTTH

(just my opinion)

hibee-boys
21-03-2022, 12:09 PM

I don’t wear a scarf, I’d probably struggle to find one in the house actually🤔 However, I’m going to buy one for the Hearts semi final game just so I can throw it onto the pitch when the inevitable happens, anyone can boo after all😏

WhileTheChief..
21-03-2022, 12:10 PM
I understand everyones frustration, however if we don't try and support the manager in the short term we will never attract any manager of quality, as they know how quick the support turns.

We are all Hibs supporters and we want the best for our club and taste the success we should have over the years, but that has never been our way..
We always do it the Hibs way!

Get behind the manager and our team, we are essential in motivating the players, we need to show our loyalty.

GGTTH

(just my opinion)

I doubt that's the case.

The Hibs job is one of the top jobs in the country. We should be able to attract a decent manager, we've done it before.

Alan62
21-03-2022, 12:12 PM
I expect us to have short, mid and long term goals and plans to achieve all three. You can't sacrifice the first one or two for the latter, all three have to be in sync and they're blatantly not.

In reality, few businesses ever have all their planning in synch at all times. That's just not the way that football, business or even life works. The trick is to get as much in synch as possible and to work hard on the areas that are going wrong.

OstKurve Hibs
21-03-2022, 12:22 PM
A few on here saying hearts are really strong, are the really or are the rest just poor ?

Paul1642
21-03-2022, 12:23 PM
The actual key thing here is that with your way of thinking, nobody gets any time if they don't immediately get results. Maloney was appointed on 20 December 2021. He's been in the job exactly 92 days and you want him sacked. Let's say he was replaced at the end of the season and the new guy came in. We'd barely be out of short sleeves on a Saturday before you were baying for blood unless the new guy gets off to a flying start.

Not my way of thinking usually. I was still 100% behind Ross and Lennon when they left, as was I fully behind Stubbs (pre cup final) when things were not going perfectly.

I’m just really concerned by the style of football we are playing right now. I can easily accept bad result when there are promising signs that things will get better. I’m just not seeing them right now and if that’s still the case at the end of the season we would be stupid to stick with him.

All our competitors for 4th, and also for the top 6 have messed up at every opportunity in recent months yet we have done nothing but loose ground.

Springbank
21-03-2022, 12:26 PM
If Shaun Maloney was looking in on this thread I'd offer eight words of advice:

Win that semi final and this thread disappears:flag:

MWHIBBIES
21-03-2022, 12:30 PM
Yeah but he’s gone. So no point going there is there.
Get behind your manager and your team. That’s what being a Hibs supporter is about… supporting thru thick and thin. Comes with the territory.
I remember deciding to support Hibs in the 70s cause I didn’t want to follow the crowd supporting Rangers and Celtic.
I wanted a challenge, support a team who could be great but also bad.
So you appreciate the highs more. Boring supporting teams who win most weeks eh!!! 😂

I absolutely support Hibs through thick and thin. I'm a Hibs supporter. The manager gets my full support during matches. Id love him to succeed. He hasn't so far.

Stubbsy90+2
21-03-2022, 12:31 PM

The thing is, it probably doesn’t.

The same posters who declared he should be sacked if we don’t beat Arbroath. They told us Jack Ross didn’t get time so why should Maloney (despite two years in the job and numerous horror shows where he didn’t get sacked after), then if we didn’t beat Ross County he was to get sacked, then when we beat Motherwell they’re on here telling us that if Motherwell hadn’t had a man sent off then we wouldn’t have even won the game.

I’m not sure any win is going to be enough for them. He’s not Jack Ross and that’s all that seems to matter to a couple of posters on here.

Saint Hibee
21-03-2022, 12:38 PM
For me, it will be not solely the results against Hearts but his manner of dealing with them. Ross's pathetic post-match interview after the 0-3 hammering by them at Easter Road lost him a large chunk of the Hibs support, myself included. He just didn't seem to care or see that there was a problem. If we get beat again, I at least want to see Maloney raging! I don't mean that the post-match interviews are as important as the result, obviously not, but they do indicate something about how motivated and aware a manager is.

oneone73
21-03-2022, 01:08 PM
For me, it will be not solely the results against Hearts but his manner of dealing with them. Ross's pathetic post-match interview after the 0-3 hammering by them at Easter Road lost him a large chunk of the Hibs support, myself included. He just didn't seem to care or see that there was a problem. If we get beat again, I at least want to see Maloney raging! I don't mean that the post-match interviews are as important as the result, obviously not, but they do indicate something about how motivated and aware a manager is.

A pedant writes: it was 1-3.

brog
21-03-2022, 01:11 PM

But is Cricket the only sport where there's a team selection panel? Could football ever work like that? Game and training stats are all recorded now.

At the 1954 WC Scotland had a selection committee for our 2nd game versus Uruguay. We lost 7 0!

LaMotta
21-03-2022, 01:14 PM

They have made a mistake if that is what they've done. Far too much emphasis is based on some mythical type of stylish attacking football that some people think Hibs fans deserve. The 3 best performances from the team this season have been under Jack Ross, games where we were 3 nil up by half time in each of them. Football is about winning games, and we really need to get away from this pretence that there is an amazing stylish game plan that a budding tactical genius will rustle up.

Football management is more about recruting quality players as well as psychology in dealing with a bunch of egos and getting the best out of them.

I'm Spartacus
21-03-2022, 01:16 PM
At the 1954 WC Scotland had a selection committee for our 2nd game versus Uruguay. We lost 7 0!

Jeezo! :)

Stevie Reid
21-03-2022, 01:18 PM
They have made a mistake if that is what they've done. Far too much emphasis is based on some mythical type of stylish attacking football that some people think Hibs fans deserve. The 3 best performances from the team this season have been under Jack Ross, games where we were 3 nil up by half time in each of them. Football is about winning games, and we really need to get away from this pretence that there is an amazing stylish game plan that a budding tactical genius will rustle up.

Football management is more about recruting quality players as well as psychology in dealing with a bunch of egos and getting the best out of them.

I most definitely wasn’t endorsing it as a plan, just pointing out that it seemed that RG was listening to the most disgruntled members of our support.

Key West
21-03-2022, 01:22 PM
100%

You post a lot of garbage.

superfurryhibby
21-03-2022, 01:24 PM
I most definitely wasn’t endorsing it as a plan, just pointing out that it seemed that RG was listening to the most disgruntled members of our support.

The fans were of course an influence, but Ross went for other reasons. The timing of his departure told it's own story for me.

LaMotta
21-03-2022, 01:25 PM

Yeah sorry Stevie didn't mean you were endorsing it - really think you could be right as to why the change happened. I think that pie in the sky thinking from some fans needs to stop.

Stevie Reid
21-03-2022, 01:28 PM
Yeah sorry Stevie didn't mean you were endorsing it - really think you could be right as to why the change happened. I think that pie in the sky thinking from some fans needs to stop.

I agree man. We all want to see a Hibs team playing exciting and attacking football - but I think we have to be realistic enough to accept that in a league where numerous teams are happy to have a game descend into a battle, it just can’t happen all the time.

The Spaceman
21-03-2022, 01:34 PM
Honestly hate threads like this which have become more and more common-place past 5 years.

It is getting tedious when those who aren't the brightest stars in the sky are rattling away their life frustrations on Hibs. Logging off for now and see you all at the beginning of Season 22/23 for Maloneyball :aok:

JimBHibees
21-03-2022, 01:35 PM
No, it's not.

Perfect only if your intention was to vocalise short termism. You clearly had it in for him prior to his appointment. The guy is new to it however personally think there have been enough decent signs to convince he definitely should get a decent run at the job. The context of what he is having to deal with in terms unprecedentedinjuries, losing his best player and his main centre back being periodically out and some very questionable referee calls should give him a bit of time imo. The notion that he should be run out of the job three months after starting it given the context really is parallel universe thinking and is laughable.

GRA
21-03-2022, 02:02 PM
Perfect only if your intention was to vocalise short termism. You clearly had it in for him prior to his appointment. The guy is new to it however personally think there have been enough decent signs to convince he definitely should get a decent run at the job. The context of what he is having to deal with in terms unprecedentedinjuries, losing his best player and his main centre back being periodically out and some very questionable referee calls should give him a bit of time imo. The notion that he should be run out of the job three months after starting it given the context really is parallel universe thinking and is laughable.

:top marks

Context needed here. Otherwise we'll be continuously chasing managers out every three months when they lose an important game.

Unless he somehow gets us relegated he'll hopefully get a full season under his belt and a better run of luck with injuries. Then we can judge him.

Mrimbetween
21-03-2022, 02:09 PM
Money wise it would be absolute madness to sack the management team so soon , it would cost so much not forgetting having to pay the new management team coming in

SM and Co need and will get time imo Re of this seasons outcome , might be sore one but on the other hand might be a cracking end to a ***** season

Glass is half full here, :aok:

J-C
21-03-2022, 02:25 PM
5 pages of mostly drivel by either Jambo's or the Hibs lunatic fringes, not taking into account the horrendous injury list and the fact that we still have Jack Ross's squad players to choose from. Summer window was always going to be the main time to see what Maloney can do with his own players but eejits that want him gone now are just plain daft, it's not going to happen. Either support the manager and the team or perhaps a change of sport is needed for some supporters of this club.

Sir David Gray
21-03-2022, 02:40 PM
I think there's two separate issues at play here, whilst I don't believe Maloney will be immediately sacked if we fail to make the top six and lose the semi final I do think it will be hugely damaging to his relationship with the fans to the point where I think it may be irreparable.

As someone else has already said, he doesn't have an impressive track record to fall back on and to give the fans some reassurance that he'll be able to put things right if things go wrong over the next few weeks and whilst that's not his fault that he's new to management and everyone has to start somewhere, I think it's still an inescapable fact.

Top six should be an absolute bare minimum for any Hibs side to achieve, especially this season when the bar is so low from 4th place and below. If we miss that target I think Maloney will really need to beat Hearts at Hampden, particularly with it coming so soon after the conclusion of the pre-split fixtures.

If we then lose to Hearts once again at Hampden - for the fourth time in 16 years - I don't think there's any doubt that he'll struggle to win back many of the fans and for me it will be very similar to what happened to Jack Ross after we lost to Hearts at Hampden the last time and then had the losses to St Johnstone. There was no way back for him after that and I feel the same thing would happen with Maloney.

So from that perspective these next three matches are absolutely massive for him. To be honest I reckon making the top six and losing the semi final would still be damaging for him so the semi final in particular really must be won at all costs.

Viva_Palmeiras
21-03-2022, 02:46 PM
5 pages of mostly drivel by either Jambo's or the Hibs lunatic fringes, not taking into account the horrendous injury list and the fact that we still have Jack Ross's squad players to choose from. Summer window was always going to be the main time to see what Maloney can do with his own players but eejits that want him gone now are just plain daft, it's not going to happen. Either support the manager and the team or perhaps a change of sport is needed for some supporters of this club.

I can only agree. A sad state of affairs and one can only wonder what the key players that fought to keep Hibs alive would make of all this.

For all of those seeking a period punting of the manager look at the wastage that results in Stubbs and latterly (somewhat ironically) Ross picking up the pieces and the disconnect it causes between the club and the fans. I dont buy that this Maloney appt has driven a wedge suggested by some/one.

I also add maybe I missed it but if it hasn’t already been written then I’m still waiting for the quintessential £&@! phrase to be used “if Maloney hadn’t been the assistant for Belgium…….” Self-defeating drivel.

lf after all folks really fancy a managerial meri-go-round of a club perhaps consider a switch to Aberdeen and try that on for size. I was there when they called out “Smithy must go!” And look how that journey panned out. In a league of post-peak success, don’t become an Aberdeen…

Skol
21-03-2022, 02:49 PM
I think there's two separate issues at play here, whilst I don't believe Maloney will be immediately sacked if we fail to make the top six and lose the semi final I do think it will be hugely damaging to his relationship with the fans to the point where I think it may be irreparable.

As someone else has already said, he doesn't have an impressive track record to fall back on and to give the fans some reassurance that he'll be able to put things right if things go wrong over the next few weeks and whilst that's not his fault that he's new to management and everyone has to start somewhere, I think it's still an inescapable fact.

Top six should be an absolute bare minimum for any Hibs side to achieve, especially this season when the bar is so low from 4th place and below. If we miss that target I think Maloney will really need to beat Hearts at Hampden, particularly with it coming so soon after the conclusion of the pre-split fixtures.

If we then lose to Hearts once again at Hampden - for the fourth time in 16 years - I don't think there's any doubt that he'll struggle to win back many of the fans and for me it will be very similar to what happened to Jack Ross after we lost to Hearts at Hampden the last time and then had the losses to St Johnstone. There was no way back for him after that and I feel the same thing would happen with Maloney.

So from that perspective these next three matches are absolutely massive for him. To be honest I reckon making the top six and losing the semi final would still be damaging for him so the semi final in particular really must be won at all costs.

I think that is a great summary of the situation and I agree failing to make top 6 and losing the semi final will not see maloney lose his job, albeit it may be that eventual outcome in c 10 months time.

If we can secure top 6, losing at hampden will be surviavble, but bottom 6 and a loss at hampden will need a massive turnaround next season.

Mick O'Rourke
21-03-2022, 02:57 PM

Farcical indeed,Brian
Tommy Docherty recalls that debacle in this article

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/27927461

The beaks at the SFA done their homework,they thought.....its Switzerland !!, toblerone ,ski poles and snow capped slopes.
It was roasting!
Make you laugh,if not cry,at the sheer incompetence.

"We only toook 13 players and two of them were goalies "
The Doc on that World Cup .

greenlex
21-03-2022, 02:59 PM

Without wanting to drag out the Ross love in he had plenty injuries too. Maloney needs time just as Ross did. This chopping and changing does no one any good. Time will tell if maloney can be a success and not just the rest of the season.

Viva_Palmeiras
21-03-2022, 03:01 PM

Just goes to illustrate the point that stats can be used to illustrate any point folks care to think up.

.net needs to feature on here surely :)

https://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

Greenbeard
21-03-2022, 03:11 PM

And the eighth word is...?

OldEast
21-03-2022, 03:15 PM
And the eighth word is...?

Disappears

Hibiza
21-03-2022, 03:21 PM

Personally if you offered me Jack Ross or Shaun Maloney for the next 3 games I’d pick Ross and he was a busted flush. utter TRIPE

Henderson2Del
21-03-2022, 03:22 PM
utter TRIPE

We shall see.

Greenbeard
21-03-2022, 03:24 PM
I was pretty uninspired when we appointed Maloney but as with all Hibs mangers I was more than willing to give him a proper chance.

He has shown nothing to make me think that he will come up good in his time here, and although the much spoken about injury crisis can possibly explain some of the bad results, it doesn’t explain the completely gutless performances and apparent lack of any game plan.

Regardless of results you can get a feel for a manager by his performances. Hecky was initially getting good results yet most could see that it was not going to last. Performances under Maloney have been even worse and the results incomparable.

We might have some injury’s but the squad we have available to us is still of similar strength than many of the team we are failing to compete with.

Bottom 6 and emptied by Heats would be inexcusable.

The injury crisis and it not being his squad is Maloney baloney. I am convinced that managers like Goodwin, Martindale, even Yogi would have got much more from the squad, depleted as it is, and managed a better return than Mr Nil-Only.
I wouldn't mind being where we are if we were playing positive attacking football, scoring goals and drawing most matches 2-2 or 3-3, but the football and lack of goals is highly discouraging. Fail to get top six and lose the semi and I'll be siding with those calling for an end to his tenure.

OldEast
21-03-2022, 03:25 PM
We shall see.

What will we see? Is it really your opinion he'll be sacked this season?

Henderson2Del
21-03-2022, 03:25 PM

Good to see debate.
Some don’t see anything in the manager that leads to a positive change, it’s all about opinions and having had a season ticket for over 30 years I reckon I can tell when a manager has got it.
Commercially we are bringing in the income, football wise we are going backwards. That’s simple facts

Greenbeard
21-03-2022, 03:26 PM
Disappears
It has.

WhileTheChief..
21-03-2022, 03:27 PM

I've got absolutely nothing against SM at all, why would I? Don't know where you get that impression from but it's wrong.

I thought it was a mental appointment though and nothing he has done since has made me change my mind.

Listen to any of his interviews, does he fill you with confidence? Not me. I can't really see the players paying him too much attention either and it shows on the park.

I think sticking with the wrong man is more of a laughable suggestion. How long do you think he should get before making the change?

Have you ever thought we have the wrong man as manager before? If not, fair do's.

If you have though, I'm just thinking that way now. It's no big deal!!

Since452
21-03-2022, 03:27 PM

Exactly why the owners should concentrate on the football club and not listen to reactionary attention seekers on Twitter and Facebook.

OldEast
21-03-2022, 03:28 PM
It has.

Not being a pedant I count 8

WhileTheChief..
21-03-2022, 03:30 PM

"Anyone that disagrees with me is either a Jambo or a lunatic" - arrogance in the extreme.

thebausburst
21-03-2022, 03:33 PM
Put simply losing Boyle has killed our season stone dead and along with it SMs chances of salvaging anything from this season. What Hibs need in the summer imo is a marquee signing, we’ve done this throughout our history (even when skint/crap) e.g. Best, Archibald, Sauzee.

Stubbsy90+2
21-03-2022, 03:40 PM
Put simply losing Boyle has killed our season stone dead and along with it SMs chances of salvaging anything from this season. What Hibs need in the summer imo is a marquee signing, we’ve done this throughout our history (even when skint/crap) e.g. Best, Archibald, Sauzee.

And in a very short, simple post we have the answer.

Boyle was a one man team this season. We’ve now lost that one man.

It was Griffiths 12/13 levels of reliance we had on him. Quite what Maloney was supposed to do with the shambles he inherited is beyond me. Especially when he’s actually got us two places higher than his predecessor had us when he left.

number9dream
21-03-2022, 03:44 PM

Agree with the first part and the Boyle-shaped hole in our team, although Maloney hasn't shown much aptitude for problem solving, simply repeating the same thing over and over with the vague notion of long-term improvement and bedding in a system.
Marquee signings are harder to pull off these days. Sauzee was getting paid three times what a lot of Hibs players are on now. Players in our current first team won't be on the £2,000 a game Best was on in the late 1970s!
I'll settle for two or three upmarket tent signings instead...

brog
21-03-2022, 03:50 PM
Farcical indeed,Brian
Tommy Docherty recalls that debacle in this article

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/27927461

The beaks at the SFA done their homework,they thought.....its Switzerland !!, toblerone ,ski poles and snow capped slopes.
It was roasting!
Make you laugh,if not cry,at the sheer incompetence.

"We only toook 13 players and two of them were goalies "

The Doc on that World Cup .

IIRC Reilly, Smith and Johnstone were cut from the squad to take it down to 13 even though 18? were permitted. Johnstone was replaced by a 36 year old Aberdeen player, Hamilton?
Doc's best quote was in 1958 when after yet another chasing in the sun he said "Harry Haddock had sunburn on his tongue".

B.H.F.C
21-03-2022, 03:50 PM
Exactly why the owners should concentrate on the football club and not listen to reactionary attention seekers on Twitter and Facebook.

Think they were probably paying more attention to the empty stadium than folk having a moan on the internet…

brog
21-03-2022, 03:59 PM
Good to see debate.
Some don’t see anything in the manager that leads to a positive change, it’s all about opinions and having had a season ticket for over 30 years I reckon I can tell when a manager has got it.
Commercially we are bringing in the income, football wise we are going backwards. That’s simple facts

Well it's not simple facts. We've improved from 7th in league to 5th since Maloney came in. That's a fact. It can be interpreted in different ways but it's a fact. Your's is an opinion, which is fine.
It's also a fact that Macy, McGinn, Hanlon, Clarke, JDH, Magennis, Mitchell, Nisbet, the great majority of whom would be 1st picks, were not able to start the game on Saturday. In my over 60 years of following Hibs I've never seen an injury list like this.

Henderson2Del
21-03-2022, 04:03 PM
Well it's not simple facts. We've improved from 7th in league to 5th since Maloney came in. That's a fact. It can be interpreted in different ways but it's a fact. Your's is an opinion, which is fine.
It's also a fact that Macy, McGinn, Hanlon, Clarke, JDH, Magennis, Mitchell, Nisbet, the great majority of whom would be 1st picks, were not able to start the game on Saturday. In my over 60 years of following Hibs I've never seen an injury list like this.

I said in football terms we are going backwards, last season we finished 3rd and we won’t even be close to that this season. That is a fact.

MWHIBBIES
21-03-2022, 04:09 PM
You post a lot of garbage.

Sadly not, no.

Ross, who achieved far more, still had people mentioning the pre-lockdown derby loss. Maloney doesn't recover from 2/3 bad results against them.

JohnM1875
21-03-2022, 04:10 PM

That's it for me. The injuries have been absolutely crazy. All would be starters or involved more often than not.

We've had to put laddies on the bench or at times two sub keepers! Any manager at any level would struggle with the amount of first team players missing.

WhileTheChief..
21-03-2022, 04:30 PM

How on earth do you remember that??!!

Over 60 years you're going back. That's 1962 by my maths.I couldn't tell you what injuries we had last year never mind in the 60s or 70s!

Sioux
21-03-2022, 04:36 PM

Over 60 years you're going back. That's 1962 by my maths.I couldn't tell you what injuries we had last year never mind in the 60s or 70s!

Back then you had a first 11, and if there was an injury, replaced by someone from the reserve team. It would be quite easy to remember 8, 9 or 10 reserves playing, would it not?

In any event, the state of your memory is not an important factor.

JohnMcM
21-03-2022, 05:00 PM
It’s a game trying second guess what Ron and co will be thinking, let alone what they will do. They have a business to look after.

I wouldn’t rule out post-split and end off season ST sales, regardless of any results along the way, being an influence upon how they see SM’s and the club’s future.

I can’t imagine for one moment that the Boyle money, if not already earmarked for something else, will be handed over to a manager who doesn’t seem capable of getting a decent tune out of an old but usable fiddle.

Steve20
21-03-2022, 05:03 PM
No point in sacking another manager and keeping the same recruitment as the next one will have the same problems. We’ve had a few shocking transfer windows that’s left us with a very poor team, even with the injured players back.

We need a huge improvement in quality for next season.

Stubbsy90+2
21-03-2022, 05:07 PM
No point in sacking another manager and keeping the same recruitment as the next one will have the same problems. We’ve had a few shocking transfer windows that’s left us with a very poor team, even with the injured players back.

We need a huge improvement in quality for next season.

We’re a fairly poor side compared to where we should be with the budget we have even with everyone available. The squad really isn’t up to much at all. There’s next to nobody that I would genuinely care if they left other than Stevenson and Hanlon and that’s purely sentimental.

When you remove all the better players from the equation because they’re either injured or constantly suspended then you’re in a massive hole.

J-C
21-03-2022, 05:21 PM
"Anyone that disagrees with me is either a Jambo or a lunatic" - arrogance in the extreme.

Constant threads and posts calling for Maliney to go after such a short space of time makes you or anyone else sound like a troll or a loony. If you can't see our problems are due to a horrendous injury problem and still having to play with a squad he inherited, then it's generally a case of wind up merchants looking for attention.

Here's an idea, why don't you and all the other posters having a go wait until ge gets his own squad assembled, if after that we're still sh ite the you can want him gone. We have to be one of the hardest fans in world football to keep happy as no matter who's in charge or how they play, there'll always be some who are still ****ing moaning about something.

Mick O'Rourke
21-03-2022, 05:22 PM

Brog ,i think,has a good memory when it comes to Hibs
In 1962,he would have been in 3rd year at Holy Cross Academy,along with his pal James O'Rourke :greengrin
And i think he wisnae too bad at maths.!

Certainly,i cannae mind a time with so many key players out.
Could be though,that since covid hit clubs, this has been highlighted more and Hibs,it would appear, affected more than most.
This term anyway.

:singing: One Shaun Maloney !!

JohnMcM
21-03-2022, 05:31 PM
Brog ,i think,has a good memory when it comes to Hibs
In 1962,he would have been in 3rd year at Holy Cross Academy,along with his pal James O'Rourke :greengrin
And i think he wisnae too bad at maths.!

Certainly,i cannae mind a time with so many key players out.
Could be though,that since covid hit clubs, this has been highlighted more and Hibs,it would appear, affected more than most.
This term anyway.

:singing: One Shaun Maloney !!

When the Reserve Leagues were in place I don’t think injuries to first team players were as noticeable, unless it was an injured “star-player”. When an injury came along, a usually match-fit player from the reserves was able to step up to the plate. Like others though, this current number of injuries seems unusual to me.

Iain G
21-03-2022, 05:34 PM
I said in football terms we are going backwards, last season we finished 3rd and we won’t even be close to that this season. That is a fact.

Not yet it's not a fact!

MWHIBBIES
21-03-2022, 05:36 PM
Constant threads and posts calling for Maliney to go after such a short space of time makes you or anyone else sound like a troll or a loony. If you can't see our problems are due to a horrendous injury problem and still having to play with a squad he inherited, then it's generally a case of wind up merchants looking for attention.

Here's an idea, why don't you and all the other posters having a go wait until ge gets his own squad assembled, if after that we're still sh ite the you can want him gone. We have to be one of the hardest fans in world football to keep happy as no matter who's in charge or how they play, there'll always be some who are still ****ing moaning about something.

Why shouldn't he be expected to do well with the good squad he inherited? And did we get to back to back finals and 3rd with a bad squad?

Ridiculous to expect a manager to get time to change the entire squad before he gets judged.

brog
21-03-2022, 05:38 PM

I can remember more about events of 60 years ago than I can last week's! To put it in perspective I was fortunate enough to watch The Tornadoes in their prime. Just over half way through the 72/73 season the Tornadoes lost 2 key players, Brownlie and Edwards to injury and suspension. Despite replacing Brownlie with Des Bremner, a future internationalist and European Cup winner, our season fell apart. We went from winning 7 0 at Tiny on 1/1/73 to not winning after mid March. That was a team with 6 other Scottish internationalists in addition to Brownlie. We have 5 Scottish internationalists in our current squad and the 3 of those who are most recent have been out for weeks. If anyone can remember a worse injury list for our club I'll be happy to amend my comment.

Since90+2
21-03-2022, 05:39 PM
Football is an incredibly rewarding career but that also means it's very unforgiving.

If Maloney loses both the games against Hearts and we finish bottom 6 he will be gone IMO. I'm not sure myself whether that would be the correct decision or not, but it's what I think would happen.

Dmas
21-03-2022, 05:41 PM

Well said that man

Henderson2Del
21-03-2022, 05:41 PM
Not yet it's not a fact!

But it will be proven to be, we can barely catch 3rd place if we win all our games

Iain G
21-03-2022, 05:47 PM
But it will be proven to be, we can barely catch 3rd place if we win all our games

Why thank you for your foresight Nostradamus...

JohnMcM
21-03-2022, 05:47 PM
Well said that man

Did you just assign a gender to that poster? 😂:offski:

Dmas
21-03-2022, 05:54 PM
Did you just assign a gender to that poster? 😂:offski:

I did and without even thinking about it shame on me!

Well said J-C

Dmas
21-03-2022, 05:57 PM
Why shouldn't he be expected to do well with the good squad he inherited? And did we get to back to back finals and 3rd with a bad squad?

Ridiculous to expect a manager to get time to change the entire squad before he gets judged.

Because he hasn’t had that squad to pick from due to a severe injury list and the last guy was also no longer getting results with that squad hence him sitting on the dole and maloney in the dug out.

1875Sean
21-03-2022, 06:04 PM
Because he hasn’t had that squad to pick from due to a severe injury list and the last guy was also no longer getting results with that squad hence him sitting on the dole and maloney in the dug out.

You can’t keep using the injury excuse when we have a good enough said to be playing better, the style of play is terrible

Since90+2
21-03-2022, 06:04 PM

I sort of agree, he's been dealt a bad hand with injuries but if we lose both games, especially the semi, fan confidence will be at a low not seen since the relegation season and Gordon won't risk a monumental drop in season ticket sales.

SMAXXA
21-03-2022, 06:08 PM
Deary me

Dmas
21-03-2022, 06:10 PM
You can’t keep using the injury excuse when we have a good enough said to be playing better, the style of play is terrible

I can when it’s depriving him of players such as Hanlon Newell Nisbet doidge mcginn JDH all players who would have started the vast majority of games under JR and are players any side outside glasgow would struggle without.

Take away the goals scored or created by just Nisbet doidge and Boyle from jack Ross’s all conquering hero’s and things would have been very very different SM has been without them all.

Lago
21-03-2022, 06:13 PM
I can remember more about events of 60 years ago than I can last week's! To put it in perspective I was fortunate enough to watch The Tornadoes in their prime. Just over half way through the 72/73 season the Tornadoes lost 2 key players, Brownlie and Edwards to injury and suspension. Despite replacing Brownlie with Des Bremner, a future internationalist and European Cup winner, our season fell apart. We went from winning 7 0 at Tiny on 1/1/73 to not winning after mid March. That was a team with 6 other Scottish internationalists in addition to Brownlie. We have 5 Scottish internationalists in our current squad and the 3 of those who are most recent have been out for weeks. If anyone can remember a worse injury list for our club I'll be happy to amend my comment.
I remember that season as if it was yesterday and your absolutely correct in everything you say. Well done 👌

percy veer
21-03-2022, 06:14 PM

really ? the worst? can i ask what age you are.

1875Sean
21-03-2022, 06:15 PM
I can when it’s depriving him of players such as Hanlon Newell Nisbet doidge mcginn JDH all players who would have started the vast majority of games under JR and are players any side outside glasgow would struggle without.

Take away the goals scored or created by just Nisbet doidge and Boyle from jack Ross’s all conquering hero’s and things would have been very very different SM has been without them all.

From the players coming back who is going to be a big difference in an attacking sense? Clarke, Mitchell and maginnes?

Nisbet is out long term, even with these players coming back Maloney will stay with the same shape and I don’t see much changing I am afraid, hope I am wrong

Dmas
21-03-2022, 06:16 PM

A good enough squad? Everyone on here was screaming from the roof tops about how unbalanced it was and how terrible the summer window was, about how deserving Mathie was to lose his job after failing us…all before maloney came here, now we’re reliant on guys who weren’t getting close to a look in under the previous manager as starting players (wright Scott Campbel) our bench is being filled out with lads from the U18s

Since90+2
21-03-2022, 06:16 PM

Did think that was an odd post. If the poster thinks last season's results at Hampden are the worst in memory they can't have supported Hibs for very long.

percy veer
21-03-2022, 06:18 PM
Did think that was an odd post. If the poster thinks last season's results at Hampden are the worst in memory they can't have supported Hibs for very long.

must be about 6

Dmas
21-03-2022, 06:18 PM

I’m closing in on 40, 2012 aside losing to a hearts side dormant for 3months at hampden was for me far worse than the Mowbray semi and losing twice to st.johnstone with no old firm team to stop us lifting a cup was much worse than losing the final to Livi

A Hi-Bee
21-03-2022, 06:19 PM

He very obviously was nowhere near Hamdump when the smelly hooped ones put 6 past us on 3 different occasions, although he may have been around when the manky ones put 5 past us, some slavering skates on this forum.

Since90+2
21-03-2022, 06:22 PM
I’m closing in on 40, 2012 aside losing to a hearts side dormant for 3months at hampden was for me far worse than the Mowbray semi and losing twice to st.johnstone with no old firm team to stop us lifting a cup was much worse than losing the final to Livi

Last season's results were not worse than losing 4-0 in a semi to Hearts or certainly the 5-1 game (which is without doubt the worst result in the clubs history). Let's not make ridiculous statements like that to discredit JR.

WhileTheChief..
21-03-2022, 06:26 PM

Now you're just rubbing it in :greengrin

MWHIBBIES
21-03-2022, 06:27 PM

Thats true, the injuries haven't helped.

No need to insult Ross. He got results for us way more often than not. Maloney isn't.

Dmas
21-03-2022, 06:28 PM
Last season's results were not worse than losing 4-0 in a semi to Hearts or certainly the 5-1 game (which is without doubt the worst result in the clubs history). Let's not make ridiculous statements like that to discredit JR.

We all know 2012 was bad,I said putting that aside, we had our best league finish in 16yrs last season, and we all sat and watched St.Johnstone win a cup double and they done us twice on their way despite finishing 2 league placing a below us, it was awful results and performances but we’re all supposed to forget that part as it’s such a huge achievement getting to hampden in the first place.

Hearts weren’t allowed to play competitively for 3 months whilst we where in full flow and we still managed to lose it

Greenbeard
21-03-2022, 06:29 PM
Not being a pedant I count 8
I'll see your pedant call and raise you anal-retentive. Semi-final is hyphenated and therefore one word.

LaMotta
21-03-2022, 06:29 PM

Ross was also responsible for one of our best ever wins at Hampden.

1875Sean
21-03-2022, 06:30 PM
A good enough squad? Everyone on here was screaming from the roof tops about how unbalanced it was and how terrible the summer window was, about how deserving Mathie was to lose his job after failing us…all before maloney came here, now we’re reliant on guys who weren’t getting close to a look in under the previous manager as starting players (wright Scott Campbel) our bench is being filled out with lads from the U18s

Maloney is choosing to pick the likes of wright ahead other players such as mueller, Doidge, Henderson

Are you saying he is doing the best with the squad at his selection? How many games have you watched recently?

Dmas
21-03-2022, 06:30 PM
Thats true, the injuries haven't helped.

No need to insult Ross. He got results for us way more often than not. Maloney isn't.

I’m not knocking Ross, he’d done well but the squad he built had ran its course for him it’s unfair to think the next guy with all the injuries should be getting better out it

WhileTheChief..
21-03-2022, 06:34 PM

We all know about the injuries, we've been banging on about it for months. The results and performances are still not good enough though.

I've not seen a single post where those of us that think Maloney should go has called other Hibs fans trolls, loony's, eejits, stupid, or anything else.

So, again, it appears that these names only apply to anyone that disagrees with you.

Here's an idea, show a little tolerance for your fellow fans that have a different opinion to you!!

A Hi-Bee
This stupid thread, and it is a pretty stupid thread and yes I am just as stupid for commenting, but it got me thinking "Just what is out worst ever result" I happen to think it was getting done by Livi at Hamdump when we had over 42,000 supporters and we did expect to win.
:greengrin

Dmas
Maloney is choosing to pick the likes of wright ahead other players such as mueller, Doidge, Henderson

Are you saying he is doing the best with the squad at his selection? How many games have you watched recently?

I was at 2/3 and watched sats on tv, now muellar is returning from
Covid, obviously still suffering as he was a subbed sub v Motherwell and on the bench again sat, doidge hasn’t been anywhere near it since his return we can all surely agree on that? Henderson started v St.J and well and went off with a hamstring/back problem and was benched on sat possibly not ready again yeah? what is he supposed to do there?

1875Sean
21-03-2022, 06:35 PM
I was at 2/3 and watched sats on tv, now muellar is returning from
Covid, obviously still suffering as he was a subbed sub v Motherwell and on the bench again sat, doidge hasn’t been anywhere near it since his return we can all surely agree on that? Henderson started v St.J and well and went off with a hamstring/back problem and was benched on sat possibly not ready again yeah? what is he supposed to do there?

How about change the system to suit the players he’s got? Don’t be so negative with his selection!

Seeing that you think the most recent Hibs team is the worse cup team in memory not sure how to reason with you

Dmas
21-03-2022, 06:36 PM
This stupid thread, and it is a pretty stupid thread and yes I am just as stupid for commenting, but it got me thinking "Just what is out worst ever result" I happen to think it was getting done by Livi at Hamdump when we had over 42,000 supporters and we did expect to win.
:greengrin

Livi finished above us in the league that year and a fair amount of their squad moved on to bigger things once the livi over spending came home to roost blown out of proportion due to the fact we’d stuck both old firm teams out in the run to the final

silverhibee
21-03-2022, 06:39 PM
Why thank you for your foresight Nostradamus...

C’mon eh, he’s been a ST holder for 30 years and knows his stuff, it’s a fact. :wink:

silverhibee
21-03-2022, 06:40 PM
Deary me

Exactly

Dmas
21-03-2022, 06:43 PM
How about change the system to suit the players he’s got? Don’t be so negative with his selection!

Seeing that you think the most recent Hibs team is the worse cup team in memory not sure how to reason with you

I said the manager was responsible for some of the worst results at hampden in reply to a poster stating maloney shouldn’t survive losing 1 visit against hearts. Absolutely no mention of the worst hibs team in living memory. (I’d probably go
With Jim Duffys hibs side as worst and probably pat fenlons hampden hibs)

He’s played 3-4-3 and he’s played 4-2-3-1, he’s only been here 2 months should he take over the Lenny bingo selection or try and work on something with what he has? surely can’t just keep chopping and changing

B.H.F.C
21-03-2022, 06:46 PM

I can’t believe he has continued to play Wright (although you’d only need to look on here as recently as Saturday morning to find plenty suggesting he deserved to keep his place).

Problem is nobody else has really done much better, which doesn’t say much for them when you’re comparing to Drey Wright. Doidge, Mueller and Henderson have all started a number of games and contributed little.

For all we’ve been unlucky with injuries, we made a total mess of it in the transfer window again. We needed to go and get some bodies that would come in and improve us but we went down the route of buying potential which has resulted in very little return.

Jones28
21-03-2022, 07:00 PM

A Hibs fan that thinks we have a Devine right to lift a trophy just cos Celtic and rangers aren’t involved hasn’t been paying attention.

MWHIBBIES
21-03-2022, 07:06 PM
I’m not knocking Ross, he’d done well but the squad he built had ran its course for him it’s unfair to think the next guy with all the injuries should be getting better out it

Ross had god awful injuries as well. And was let down badly be recruitment staff.

1875Sean
21-03-2022, 07:07 PM
I said the manager was responsible for some of the worst results at hampden in reply to a poster stating maloney shouldn’t survive losing 1 visit against hearts. Absolutely no mention of the worst hibs team in living memory. (I’d probably go
With Jim Duffys hibs side as worst and probably pat fenlons hampden hibs)

He’s played 3-4-3 and he’s played 4-2-3-1, he’s only been here 2 months should he take over the Lenny bingo selection or try and work on something with what he has? surely can’t just keep chopping and changing

The formation isn’t working with what he has tho, it’s clearly not working but he continues to play with the same shape.

In regards to the cups, would you rather we get knocked out early doors ana not get to Hampden?

Glory Lurker
21-03-2022, 07:12 PM
We should have a "brutal threads" category in the Vault.

HoboHarry
21-03-2022, 07:16 PM
We should have a "brutal threads" category in the Vault.

Is there enough storage space?

Dmas
21-03-2022, 07:18 PM
The formation isn’t working with what he has tho, it’s clearly not working but he continues to play with the same shape.

In regards to the cups, would you rather we get knocked out early doors ana not get to Hampden?

We’re defensively much better under SM than we where under Ross this season (so far) should he change the shape and risk losing that benefit?

I want to get to Hampden of course, but I’m not going to start taking beaten semi finalists as some sort of massive achievement because the game was played at hampden, my point about hampden was that SM would not be afforded a defeat however the previous manager was and still is applauded for his hampden visits despite all but 1 being hugely disappointing.

SM has us at hampden and 2 places higher in the league than we where under JR if hampden visits are so important under JR why aren’t they now? Because we may get beat by hearts? we’ve been beaten by hearts and St.J why is worthy of the sack now?

Viva_Palmeiras
21-03-2022, 07:22 PM
We shall see.

it’s these time bound challenges that makes the internet. Bravo!

Malthibby
21-03-2022, 07:27 PM
Give the man time, he's making mistakes, were we going to get someone who didn't? A tearful of injuries hasn't helped but I just don't get the rush to
push Maloney out of the door before he's got the seat warm.
I want success for Hibs I was hoping for better this season but it's not the first time I've been disappointed.
Maloney needs next season & then we can judge him.
Give - the - man - time....

1875Sean
21-03-2022, 07:28 PM
We’re defensively much better under SM than we where under Ross this season (so far) should he change the shape and risk losing that benefit?

I want to get to Hampden of course, but I’m not going to start taking beaten semi finalists as some sort of massive achievement because the game was played at hampden, my point about hampden was that SM would not be afforded a defeat however the previous manager was and still is applauded for his hampden visits despite all but 1 being hugely disappointing.

SM has us at hampden and 2 places higher in the league than we where under JR if hampden visits are so important under JR why aren’t they now? Because we may get beat by hearts? we’ve been beaten by hearts and St.J why is worthy of the sack now?

JR averaged more points and goals per game this season than Maloney, your only comparing the bad run he was on at the end.

It’s true we were 7th but one win would have moved us up, I don’t recall at the time is being 2 points from 10th

I am sure if we are doing well in the league SM would survive a hampden defeat so not sure what your point is

Mick O'Rourke
21-03-2022, 07:28 PM
A Hibs fan that thinks we have a Devine right to lift a trophy just cos Celtic and rangers aren’t involved hasn’t been paying attention.

Sydney or Andy?:dunno:

Stokesy's on fire
21-03-2022, 07:29 PM
The we have injured players excuse is a bit boring. The team that started against a dons team that has fallen apart on Saturday should have easilly won.

Scotty Leither
21-03-2022, 07:40 PM
We would have been better keeping Martin Boyle to the end of the season, but naw let’s sell him and basically replace him with a 20 year old laddie on loan and see if that works.

Redolent of Petrie selling O’Connor before the 2006 semi final when Riordan and Killen were suspended and injured, and we had to hand Benjelloun his debut in a massive game like that.

I bet if Boyle was still here we’d be sitting higher in the league with a chance of Europe and him possibly shooting us into another cup final.

I don’t rate Maloney, he fills me with no confidence, but you don’t sell the best player from under him in a season where there’s so much at stake re European places and potential revenues that would flow from that, but that seems to be the way the club operates despite the rhetoric and the grand promises.

Stubbsy90+2
JR averaged more points and goals per game this season than Maloney, your only comparing the bad run he was on at the end.

It’s true we were 7th but one win would have moved us up, I don’t recall at the time is being 2 points from 10th

I am sure if we are doing well in the league SM would survive a hampden defeat so not sure what your point is

One win would move us up now as well. And it would move us up higher in the league than one win would have moved JR’s team up to.

If you’re going to use it to make Ross sound better then the least you can do is offer Maloney the same courtesy.

B.H.F.C

At the point Ross left we were 3 points above Dundee who were 10th.

1 win would have moved us up in to 6th whereas 1 win now will move us up on to 4th.

Not saying Maloney is doing well but we are still, somehow, in a better position than we were when Ross left.

There is very little between them in terms of performance this season. Win our next game an Maloney goes from having a slightly poorer PPG to a slightly better. Maloney needs to improve quickly and he really needs to find a way to get through this semi final however we do it. I do think he deserves the benefit of the doubt, for now, based on the mess he inherited, the injuries we’ve had and the sale of the best player outside Glasgow.

Islington Hibs
21-03-2022, 07:42 PM
I frankly cannot believe some of these posts.

Maloney has been in charge for hmm 16 games and he has won marginally more than he has lost and some morons think it’s time for his jotters.

Successful clubs don’t expect short term fixes or miracles. They build slowly. The comments here from so callers supporters are a joke frankly
and beyond pathetic. Thank god most of you are no where near running the pie stand let alone the club. Get real.

MWHIBBIES
21-03-2022, 08:02 PM

Maloney has been in charge for hmm 16 games and he has won marginally more than he has lost and some morons think it’s time for his jotters.

Successful clubs don’t expect short term fixes or miracles. They build slowly. The comments here from so callers supporters are a joke frankly
and beyond pathetic. Thank god most of you are no where near running the pie stand let alone the club. Get real.

Disagreeing with someone doesn't make them a moron or a joke. Have a word.

Sorry but our owner hasn't shown much ability to run the club either.

Why does Maloney get slack for an awful run but Ross didn't? Is there a cutoff when games start actually mattering?

1875Sean
21-03-2022, 08:02 PM
One win would move us up now as well. And it would move us up higher in the league than one win would have moved JR’s team up to.

If you’re going to use it to make Ross sound better then the least you can do is offer Maloney the same courtesy.

JR got us our best league finish in 16 years so he has some credit in the bank, Maloney been a number 2 and has filled me with no confidence.

Sometimes you we can be unlucky and not had the rub of the green, and we have had some poor decisions but I can’t say I’ve see a game and thought had 3 or 4 missed chances and should have won

Stubbsy90+2
21-03-2022, 08:09 PM
JR got us our best league finish in 16 years so he has some credit in the bank, Maloney been a number 2 and has filled me with no confidence.

Sometimes you we can be unlucky and not had the rub of the green, and we have had some poor decisions but I can’t say I’ve see a game and thought had 3 or 4 missed chances and should have won

Having credit is one thing although they were all used up hence why he’s now unemployed and being overlooked for jobs in favour of guys like Jim Goodwin. People outside of Hibs clearly aren’t blown away by JR either.

Saying that Jack Ross was only one win away from moving up the league (to 6th) whilst ignoring the fact Maloney is also one win away from moving up the league (to 4th), pointing out that we’re 2 points from 10th place and that we weren’t as close as that under Ross but failing to point out that under Ross we were in fact 3 points off 10th place, failing to point out that we were even closer to the relegation playoff spot under Ross than we are under Maloney is just incredibly one sided.

Inconsequential
21-03-2022, 08:21 PM
Sydney or Andy?:dunno: The crystal chandeliers light up the paintings on your wall....:greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
21-03-2022, 08:26 PM
We would have been better keeping Martin Boyle to the end of the season, but naw let’s sell him and basically replace him with a 20 year old laddie on loan and see if that works.

Redolent of Petrie selling O’Connor before the 2006 semi final when Riordan and Killen were suspended and injured, and we had to hand Benjelloun his debut in a massive game like that.

I bet if Boyle was still here we’d be sitting higher in the league with a chance of Europe and him possibly shooting us into another cup final.

I don’t rate Maloney, he fills me with no confidence, but you don’t sell the best player from under him in a season where there’s so much at stake re European places and potential revenues that would flow from that, but that seems to be the way the club operates despite the rhetoric and the grand promises.

Boyle. Wanted. To. Go. To take up a life changing opportunity. Stevie Wonder could see that.
People are choosing to see what they see. We all do to a degree. So it’s for others to call it out.

Somewhere out there is the truth in the meantime it’s like a shuttlecock being volleyed back and forth atm.

What’s a bit ****** is the dragging down of the club, it’s current manager, custodians. Feels like a hatchet job whether that be the Klingons from Gorgie (or should that be tagnuts?) or elsewhere (mibbie still a tagnut) or worse still a bizarrely “well intended?” Hibee.

We’re going through a sticky patch but we’d all do well to get a sense of perspective. And yes should Sean lose those internet-generated (come back as the instalments unfold folks til I told you so reveal) X games he would be in a difficult position but strong leadership would hopefully ensure some sense of perspective based on the landscape that’s presented.

it’s an odd one to have gone and backed and extended Ross then pivoted to Maloney. If there’s credibility to be maintained, and young, talented managers with potential to be the way forward, Maloney needs to be given a chance. A January transfer window is insufficient. We need stability and holding firm against adversity.

et_hibby
21-03-2022, 08:31 PM
The crystal chandeliers light up the paintings on your wall....:greengrin
This year’s Scottish Cup is standing stately in the hall …
Wouldn’t that be simply Devine?

1875Sean
21-03-2022, 08:38 PM
Having credit is one thing although they were all used up hence why he’s now unemployed and being overlooked for jobs in favour of guys like Jim Goodwin. People outside of Hibs clearly aren’t blown away by JR either.

Saying that Jack Ross was only one win away from moving up the league (to 6th) whilst ignoring the fact Maloney is also one win away from moving up the league (to 4th), pointing out that we’re 2 points from 10th place and that we weren’t as close as that under Ross but failing to point out that under Ross we were in fact 3 points off 10th place, failing to point out that we were even closer to the relegation playoff spot under Ross than we are under Maloney is just incredibly one sided.

It’s as one sided as people on here comparing the previous managers record base on his last few games

Just my opinion, JR time was coming to an end, for me he was shot a bit early but I wasn’t overly bothered about it until I’ve seen us under the new manager

JimBHibees
21-03-2022, 09:27 PM
Boyle. Wanted. To. Go. To take up a life changing opportunity. Stevie Wonder could see that.
People are choosing to see what they see. We all do to a degree. So it’s for others to call it out.

Somewhere out there is the truth in the meantime it’s like a shuttlecock being volleyed back and forth atm.

What’s a bit ****** is the dragging down of the club, it’s current manager, custodians. Feels like a hatchet job whether that be the Klingons from Gorgie (or should that be tagnuts?) or elsewhere (mibbie still a tagnut) or worse still a bizarrely “well intended?” Hibee.

We’re going through a sticky patch but we’d all do well to get a sense of perspective. And yes should Sean lose those internet-generated (come back as the instalments unfold folks til I told you so reveal) X games he would be in a difficult position but strong leadership would hopefully ensure some sense of perspective based on the landscape that’s presented.

it’s an odd one to have gone and backed and extended Ross then pivoted to Maloney. If there’s credibility to be maintained, and young, talented managers with potential to be the way forward, Maloney needs to be given a chance. A January transfer window is insufficient. We need stability and holding firm against adversity.

Great post agree with every word. We simply need to give managers a decent crack of the job rather than trying to put some artificial limit on supposed must win games. No getting away if we miss top 6 and lose the semi final that won't be great and Shaun will know that himself however any notion that his job would be on the line doesn't make any rational sense going forward imo.

JimBHibees
21-03-2022, 09:31 PM
The we have injured players excuse is a bit boring. The team that started against a dons team that has fallen apart on Saturday should have easilly won.

When have we ever easily won at Pittodrie never mind with a team ravaged with injury get given two penalties given against us one a joke and play 30 mins with ten men.

The Modfather
21-03-2022, 09:38 PM
Disagreeing with someone doesn't make them a moron or a joke. Have a word.

Sorry but our owner hasn't shown much ability to run the club either.

Why does Maloney get slack for an awful run but Ross didn't? Is there a cutoff when games start actually mattering?

The difference is Ross’s awful run came after two years in charge. Maloneys team is struggling but it’s largely a continuation of the struggles he inherited. What he would give for a talisman like Boyle that Ross had the benefit of.

There’s questions of Maloney despite all the mitigation though. However with the midfield he inherited I have sympathy. Fail to address the midfield properly in the summer and if we see the same failings as we’re seeing now and I’ll begin to question whether Maloney is the answer.

HFC93
21-03-2022, 09:49 PM
After reading this thread I've decided it's probably best for all parties that we just give Hearts a bye in the Scottish Cup.

SMAXXA
21-03-2022, 10:06 PM
Exactly

The sad thing is that there will be ‘supporters’ who if we lose the semi to hearts won’t ever back SM from that point on the same way as what happened with JR. It’s ridiculous and says far more for those people than any manager. And those same folk will be having pop at hearts fans being obsessed with hibs and only care if they beat us each season.

Will we lose, who knows, do I expect us to lose yes I do, simply because I feel they are stronger than us this season for various factors that far proceed SM being appointed. Luckily enough football doesn’t always work like that so let’s wait and see but the managers job will certainly be safe regardless of the result and he will be here and backed to go and improve us for next season.

Get used to that and support the man and the club rather than all the pissing and moaning about it. Often wonder what happened to backing your own to the the hilt mentality that sadly doesn’t exist anymore.

Scotty Leither
21-03-2022, 10:19 PM
The sad thing is that there will be ‘supporters’ who if we lose the semi to hearts won’t ever back SM from that point on the same way as what happened with JR. It’s ridiculous and says far more for those people than any manager. And those same folk will be having pop at hearts fans being obsessed with hibs and only care if they beat us each season.

Will we lose, who knows, do I expect us to lose yes I do, simply because I feel they are stronger than us this season for various factors that far proceed SM being appointed. Luckily enough football doesn’t always work like that so let’s wait and see but the managers job will certainly be safe regardless of the result and he will be here and backed to go and improve us for next season.

Get used to that and support the man and the club rather than all the pissing and moaning about it. Often wonder what happened to backing your own to the the hilt mentality that sadly doesn’t exist anymore.

Health permitting, I’ll be at Tynecastle and Hampden willing the Hibs with every fibre of my being to just for once, especially in the semi final, to stick one right across their smug chops, but the relevance of this particular game has been downplayed by too many at Easter Road for too long.

Petrie and his Board never seemed to get it with this fixture and I suspect that Gordon and Kensell don’t get it either…heaven forfend we should expect to beat them now and again!

SMAXXA
21-03-2022, 10:25 PM
Health permitting, I’ll be at Tynecastle and Hampden willing the Hibs with every fibre of my being to just for once, especially in the semi final, to stick one right across their smug chops, but the relevance of this particular game has been downplayed by too many at Easter Road for too long.

Petrie and his Board never seemed to get it with this fixture and I suspect that Gordon and Kensell don’t get it either…heaven forfend we should expect to beat them now and again!

We have expected and have beat them numerous times over the last few years, derbys seem to be a bit pendulum at times they have spells as do we where your going in very confident. We showed a great desire last 2 derbys and haven’t lost to them this season despite them having a much more stable side and season. That tells me regardless who’s at the help we can give them something to worry about, equally then same applies to them.

john rossi
21-03-2022, 10:39 PM
Maloney would not have been my choice. Ross had lost the dressing room but to appoint a novice who comes across like a Rabbit caught in headlights was the wrong appointment. He could given time get us relegated next season sorry about my pessimistic outlook but that’s my gut feeling.

silverhibee
21-03-2022, 11:52 PM

Folk we’re having a go at Maloney before he had managed his first game, the knives were being sharpened and they are now stabbing him to bits, a lot of fans have just not taken to him, why, I don’t know, JR had a few years and by the end of his tenure it was time for him to go, it’s embarrassing that folk are still pinning for him, we have to move on from that era and back the new man who came in, it’s not been great so far under Maloney but us as fans need to back him and get behind him and support him and his players, he won’t get sacked anytime soon and folk need to understand that and support him rather than have snidey digs about him every other week, just look at last week when we beat Motherwell and progressed in the cup, pish, 10 men we got lucky, folk just can’t take to him, and going up to Aberdeen has never been a easy game for us but folk seemed to think we should just turn up up and put the dons to the sword, Shaun will get the backing of the owner in the summer to bring in more of his players to play his style of football and us as fans need to SUPPORT him and hope he gets it right.

Hibs90
22-03-2022, 01:46 AM
I’m not sure I trust the CEO to be honest, the commercial side has obviously improved, but the football side has not.

MWHIBBIES
22-03-2022, 04:03 AM
The difference is Ross’s awful run came after two years in charge. Maloneys team is struggling but it’s largely a continuation of the struggles he inherited. What he would give for a talisman like Boyle that Ross had the benefit of.

There’s questions of Maloney despite all the mitigation though. However with the midfield he inherited I have sympathy. Fail to address the midfield properly in the summer and if we see the same failings as we’re seeing now and I’ll begin to question whether Maloney is the answer.

So any manager were ever going to have gets sacked after a bad run?

Why does a proven good manager get sacked after a bad run but one who has proven nothing get loads of time?

Surely the one who has had good results before is more likely to find them again than one who has never had good results?

MWHIBBIES
22-03-2022, 04:04 AM
Maloney would not have been my choice. Ross had lost the dressing room but to appoint a novice who comes across like a Rabbit caught in headlights was the wrong appointment. He could given time get us relegated next season sorry about my pessimistic outlook but that’s my gut feeling.
Ross absolutely had not lost the dressing room. Multiple players came out disappointed and disagreeing with his sacking

Waxy
22-03-2022, 05:08 AM

Ross was a liked manager. Results got him sacked with the help of a certain amount of fans.The same fans who are trying to turn on Maloney.

Greenio
22-03-2022, 05:20 AM

Totally agree

I've stopped paying attention to these narrow minded short-term thinking Hibs fans that pounce on a bad results or a poor run of form and think the answer is to bin the entire squad and send the manager packing. They are welcome to their opinion but it's not one I'll be bothering myself with

Yorkshire HFC
22-03-2022, 05:32 AM
No, it's not.

What mess are we in?

This is the best time ever to be a Hibs fan - regular trips to Hampden, 3rd place in the league, beating Hearts, big crowds, players like Boyle and Porteous.

People need to take off the rose tinted glasses - Hibs have rarely been better than they are now - the old days were mostly rubbish!

Get real - it's Hibs - not Barcelona.

MWHIBBIES
22-03-2022, 05:32 AM
Totally agree

I've stopped paying attention to these narrow minded short-term thinking Hibs fans that pounce on a bad results or a poor run of form and think the answer is to bin the entire squad and send the manager packing. They are welcome to their opinion but it's not one I'll be bothering myself with

The board literally done that with Ross. We're only expecting them to hold Maloney to the same standards.