PDA

View Full Version : Harry Clarke

Zazu62
19-03-2022, 07:06 PM
Will he ever play for us? Anyone know if he is training?

Glory Lurker
19-03-2022, 07:10 PM
I think he's on an 18 month loan with Arsenal having chance to bring him back. Can't remember if they have that option in summer, but even if they do I'd be surprised if they take it up if he's played no football since the loan was set up.

Chorley Hibee
19-03-2022, 07:16 PM
I don't think we'll ever see him in a Hibs strip.

Can see him being elsewhere next season.

Sir David Gray
19-03-2022, 07:19 PM
I think he's on an 18 month loan with Arsenal having chance to bring him back. Can't remember if they have that option in summer, but even if they do I'd be surprised if they take it up if he's played no football since the loan was set up.

Yeah they do have an option of a break clause in the summer and also next January.

Personally think he'll be away in the summer.

FitbaFolkKen
19-03-2022, 07:21 PM

Yeah they do have an option of a break clause in the summer and also next January.

Personally think he'll be away in the summer.

Based on what?

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-shaun-maloney-offers-positive-update-and-timeframe-for-return-for-injured-trio-3617392

Sir David Gray
19-03-2022, 07:23 PM
Based on what?

Just a hunch and the fact Arsenal have that clause in the loan agreement.

1875Sean
19-03-2022, 07:24 PM

I don’t think arsenal will be too bothered about keeping him on their books

FitbaFolkKen
19-03-2022, 07:24 PM

I would expect they want the clause so they can recall him if he does exceptionally well or they get a decent bid for him. Neither of those things are going to happen if he hasn't kicked a ball.

MWHIBBIES
19-03-2022, 07:28 PM

Arsenal are one of the biggest clubs in the world, they will have these clauses wherever they can, because anything could happen.

Nicho87
19-03-2022, 07:28 PM
Rangers tried to sign him permanently before we got him on loan

That will be in back of his mind. Can see him going there or England

MWHIBBIES
19-03-2022, 07:31 PM

He's been injured for months. That's gonna be the only thing on his mind. If Rangers had really wanted him, he'd be there.

CapitalGreen
19-03-2022, 07:33 PM

Rangers have signed another right back.

Scotty Leither
19-03-2022, 07:36 PM
This might, just might be a really unlucky run of injuries the club have had, but the amount of players we sign that immediately have injury issues such as Murphy/Magennis/Clarke/Mitchell, or those that “need games to get up to speed” such as Meuller is really poor.

Then you get the likes of JDH who plays 3 or 4 games, and then is out for the same again leads us to having a midfield utterly devoid of any creativity like we saw again today.

I think our recruitment is still a bit scattergun at best, and we seem to sign more than our share of players that are made out of glass.

Not good enough, Hibs

Sir David Gray
19-03-2022, 07:44 PM
I would expect they want the clause so they can recall him if he does exceptionally well or they get a decent bid for him. Neither of those things are going to happen if he hasn't kicked a ball.

Yeah I don't expect him to actually play for Arsenal but I just think he might be recalled and then sent on loan elsewhere next season once he's fit.

I certainly can't see him playing for us this season.

Ronniekirk
19-03-2022, 07:48 PM
Yeah I don't expect him to actually play for Arsenal but I just think he might be recalled and then sent on loan elsewhere next season once he's fit.

I certainly can't see him playing for us this season.

Maloney said he should be in the squad after the international break

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
19-03-2022, 07:51 PM
Maloney said he should be in the squad after the international break

Fingers crossed.

Jones28
19-03-2022, 08:38 PM
The boy hasn’t kicked a ball for us and people have away already?

AFKA5814_Hibs
19-03-2022, 08:46 PM
Was so looking forward to seeing him in a Hibs top. Think he could have been a big player had he been available. Hope we can see him before the end of the season and those games mean actually mean something.

Alfred E Newman
19-03-2022, 09:23 PM
This might, just might be a really unlucky run of injuries the club have had, but the amount of players we sign that immediately have injury issues such as Murphy/Magennis/Clarke/Mitchell, or those that “need games to get up to speed” such as Meuller is really poor.

Then you get the likes of JDH who plays 3 or 4 games, and then is out for the same again leads us to having a midfield utterly devoid of any creativity like we saw again today.

I think our recruitment is still a bit scattergun at best, and we seem to sign more than our share of players that are made out of glass.

Not good enough, Hibs

You forgot to mention James Scott who allegedly needed to go on a diet

Scotty Leither
19-03-2022, 09:30 PM
You forgot to mention James Scott who allegedly needed to go on a diet

I’d forgotten about him as he’s contributed nothing, along with the one-game wonder that was Nathan Wood.

Viva_Palmeiras
19-03-2022, 09:44 PM

Not good enough, Hibs

It’s the twerking celebrations they practice in training :)

Dmas
20-03-2022, 07:37 AM

Not good enough, Hibs

It’s the Level of player we can sign, we’re not signing guys who are playing every week as then that would command a fee higher than we can afford, even more if we’re buying players in Jan windows, so we’re trying to pick guys up on the back of 6 months barely doing anything, then throw into the mix a manager changing the style of play and the training regime to implement that, players will pick up muscle injuries as there working harder and playing more games.

Ideal world scenario is to have all transfer work done in the summer window and only add in Jan should the right guy become available but too many times we’ve failed in summer and Jan has been work to save the season hopefully that will change this year as judging by some of SM’s comments at agm for example they know the positions there needing to get right and are working on it now.

Scotty Leither
20-03-2022, 08:23 AM
It’s the Level of player we can sign, we’re not signing guys who are playing every week as then that would command a fee higher than we can afford, even more if we’re buying players in Jan windows, so we’re trying to pick guys up on the back of 6 months barely doing anything, then throw into the mix a manager changing the style of play and the training regime to implement that, players will pick up muscle injuries as there working harder and playing more games.

Ideal world scenario is to have all transfer work done in the summer window and only add in Jan should the right guy become available but too many times we’ve failed in summer and Jan has been work to save the season hopefully that will change this year as judging by some of SM’s comments at agm for example they know the positions there needing to get right and are working on it now.

We continually sell our best player for good money and come nowhere near to replacing them with proven players, instead we sign untried loanees and laddies and seem to hope for the best.

It was a failed policy under the previous regime overseen by a bean counting chartered accountant, and to my mind it still pervades the club today, as the remnants of the old Board and their cautious mindset still prevails.

Dmas
20-03-2022, 09:20 AM
We continually sell our best player for good money and come nowhere near to replacing them with proven players, instead we sign untried loanees and laddies and seem to hope for the best.

It was a failed policy under the previous regime overseen by a bean counting chartered accountant, and to my mind it still pervades the club today, as the remnants of the old Board and their cautious mindset still prevails.

Situation with covid hasn’t helped the purse strings loosen since RG has came in, but he’s spent on Nisbet and melkerson agreed fee’s for jasper and bushiri and extended important players contracts at times previously we would have lost those players for next to nothing or absolutely nothing, I think bean counting is way wide of the mark.

It’s where we are as a club and country really even old firm are buying players to replace guys sold for big money based on potential nobody is buying the finished article up here

Lago
20-03-2022, 09:46 AM

This

blackpoolhibs
20-03-2022, 03:33 PM
I think he will still be here after the summer, he's played nothing for us and Arsenal will probably think its best if he does at least another 6 months at Hibs. It's based on nothing really, just a hunch.

Alfred E Newman
20-03-2022, 03:37 PM

It's been a failed policy since I started following the club 60 odd years ago.

Diclonius
20-03-2022, 03:37 PM
Is Harry Clarke real or just a story we tell ourselves to help us sleep at night?

Alfred E Newman
20-03-2022, 06:25 PM
Is Harry Clarke real or just a story we tell ourselves to help us sleep at night?

It’s like something written by Arthur C Clarke.

Lago
20-03-2022, 06:36 PM
It's been a failed policy since I started following the club 60 odd years ago.
Agreed slow but steady decline from the Tornadoes time.

Billy Whizz
20-03-2022, 06:38 PM
Wonder where he fits in when fit. He said he’s a right back or right wing back

hibbysam
20-03-2022, 07:46 PM
Wonder where he fits in when fit. He said he’s a right back or right wing back

Would expect him to be the right centre back with Cadden at right wing back, Rocky out.

SMAXXA
20-03-2022, 09:00 PM

Geez the boys been injured calm it down to a panic he will play don’t worry

Gmack7
21-03-2022, 11:08 AM
Would expect him to be the right centre back with Cadden at right wing back, Rocky out.

I really hope this is what happens, if McGinn is ready before Clarke he should be in for Rocky

Billy Whizz
21-03-2022, 11:24 AM

Think he said on his initial Hibs TV interview that he was a better right back/ wing back than a centre back in a 2/3

lyonhibs
21-03-2022, 03:17 PM
File under "completely forgot he existed"

Won't be at Hibs much longer I'd imagine

Hibernian Verse
21-03-2022, 03:22 PM

I think that's a fair comment but with one caveat. We were never going to be able to replace Boyle in January, so give the club the summer before judging whether or not we've spent the money we received.

Hibiza
21-03-2022, 03:25 PM
Harry will be a star player within a month.

MWHIBBIES
21-03-2022, 04:53 PM

Won't be at Hibs much longer I'd imagine

why?

S4uzee
21-03-2022, 05:08 PM

Fit for the semi-final?

Scotty Leither
21-03-2022, 05:40 PM
I think that's a fair comment but with one caveat. We were never going to be able to replace Boyle in January, so give the club the summer before judging whether or not we've spent the money we received.

That’s my point though - we never ever sell our best or perceived top players and bring in anything like a ready made replacement. Sold Kevin Thomson then buy players like Paddy Cregg, Scott Brown goes then we get the likes of Joe Keenan, or we churn over players like Darryl Duffy, and the biggest imposter I’ve ever seen in a Hibs strip, Rowan Vine, and so it goes.

There’s always seems to be a valid reason to sell our best player, and always an excuse not to spend even a quarter of what we bring in.

The previous Board’s mantra was “we need to keep money back for infrastructure” ad nauseum, and I’m sorry there’s shades of that with the current regime - a lot of talk about increasing the wage budget but where’s the evidence of it when it’s apparent to a blind man running backwards we need someone who can create and someone up top who can score goals, but there doesn’t seem to be any coherent plan to recruit exactly these type of players, and that’s down to one thing IMO, we simply will not spend the money required.

EdinMike
21-03-2022, 05:42 PM

Was just about to say the same…

B.H.F.C
21-03-2022, 07:18 PM
That’s my point though - we never ever sell our best or perceived top players and bring in anything like a ready made replacement. Sold Kevin Thomson then buy players like Paddy Cregg, Scott Brown goes then we get the likes of Joe Keenan, or we churn over players like Darryl Duffy, and the biggest imposter I’ve ever seen in a Hibs strip, Rowan Vine, and so it goes.

There’s always seems to be a valid reason to sell our best player, and always an excuse not to spend even a quarter of what we bring in.

The previous Board’s mantra was “we need to keep money back for infrastructure” ad nauseum, and I’m sorry there’s shades of that with the current regime - a lot of talk about increasing the wage budget but where’s the evidence of it when it’s apparent to a blind man running backwards we need someone who can create and someone up top who can score goals, but there doesn’t seem to be any coherent plan to recruit exactly these type of players, and that’s down to one thing IMO, we simply will not spend the money required.

I don't think spending (or not spending) is much of an issue now. Spent a big fee by our standards on Melkersen. We’ve got two young players (McKay and Tait) who we paid six figure fees for out on loan. I just don’t think we’ve spent wisely as far as the here and now is concerned.

loanheadhibby
21-03-2022, 08:19 PM
Based on ?

JimBHibees
21-03-2022, 09:32 PM
Based on ?

His form with Ross county probably

Callum_62
28-03-2022, 10:33 PM
Harry's back on the grass training with the squad

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Unseen work
28-03-2022, 11:02 PM
I think he’ll start on Saturday with Porteous being out suspended.

Clarke Rocky Hanlon

with Cadden and Doig wingbacks.

I hope so anyway but wouldn’t be surprised to see Doig in the back 3 with Rocky and Hanlon.

For me Doig needs to play further forward.

Allant1981
29-03-2022, 05:23 AM

Clarke Rocky Hanlon

I hope so anyway but wouldn’t be surprised to see Doig in the back 3 with Rocky and Hanlon.

Starting after not having played in how many months? Id be amazed of that happens, think it will be the 3 you mentioned or possibly mcgregor. IF we are winning he may get some gane time though

JimBHibees
29-03-2022, 05:47 AM
Starting after not having played in how many months? Id be amazed of that happens, think it will be the 3 you mentioned or possibly mcgregor. IF we are winning he may get some gane time though

Would be surprised he started also however possible he could be further on than made out though wouldn't want us to be gambling on him as would like him to play v Hearts.

hibbyfraelibby
29-03-2022, 09:30 AM

Clarke Rocky Hanlon

You and thinking appear strangers.

Di you think someone just out of rehab and nowhere near fit will play on saturday...or were you being facetious?

HendoDelivered
29-03-2022, 09:35 AM
Cheery bunch on here 😂😂

flash
29-03-2022, 09:36 AM

Di you think someone just out of rehab and nowhere near fit will play on saturday...or were you being facetious?

No need.

Fuzzywuzzy
29-03-2022, 09:37 AM

Like Keyser Sõze

MWHIBBIES
29-03-2022, 09:37 AM

Aye, he'd be the first player to ever play after months out.

Lago
29-03-2022, 09:40 AM
But probably not for Hibs.

MWHIBBIES
29-03-2022, 09:42 AM
But probably not for Hibs.

Why not?

B.H.F.C
29-03-2022, 09:45 AM

Stage of the season we’re at there’s no time for waiting, trying to get him match fit in bounce games etc.

If the injury is all right then it’s a case of getting on with things IMO. Not sure he’ll start but if he’s back training, he might be in the squad.

brog
29-03-2022, 09:45 AM

Not good enough, Hibs

Apart from the fact that JDH has already made 37 appearances this season you're spot on!!

superfurryhibby
29-03-2022, 09:46 AM
Why not?

Because somebody posted on here that he was faking injury and in a huff because he never went to the Hun. That’s got to be true:blah:

Nicho87
29-03-2022, 10:14 AM
I think he’ll be on the bench.
Dabrowski

Bushiri Hanlon Stevenson

Cadden JDH newell Doig

Jasper Hoff Mueller

Since452
29-03-2022, 10:16 AM
I think we'll build his minutes over the next two games with a view to him starting at Hampden.

IWasThere2016
29-03-2022, 10:45 AM
I think we'll build his minutes over the next two games with a view to him starting at Hampden.

Hope so - good player

Highwayman
29-03-2022, 11:17 AM
Remember the last player we gave a first start when Dundee United appeared at ER.

Or would people prefer to forget Nathan Wood and the 3-0 humping we got that day.

Definitely would like to see Harry Clarke in action but as every game from now until the end of the season is crucial not sure how we can introduce him unless off the bench.

JimBHibees
29-03-2022, 11:20 AM
Remember the last player we gave a first start when Dundee United appeared at ER.

Or would people prefer to forget Nathan Wood and the 3-0 humping we got that day.

Definitely would like to see Harry Clarke in action but as every game from now until the end of the season is crucial not sure how we can introduce him unless off the bench.

Bit of a difference given Clarke has clearly thrived at our level

Since452
29-03-2022, 01:50 PM
Hope so - good player

Yeah he is. I was very happy when we signed him. So unfortunate for us and him picking up an injury. Player with a bright future.

Iggy Pope
29-03-2022, 04:52 PM

Yes.

Hibiza
31-03-2022, 05:36 PM
Good luck Harry .

CMac1988
31-03-2022, 05:45 PM
Was skeptical he'd ever play for Hibs given other interest and his injury but good to see I was wrong and he's looking to get involved over the next few games. Was happy when he signed as he looked a good player in the few times I'd seen him and he offers a bit of pace and a direct approach that can turn our build up to a more aggressive press.

Jones28
31-03-2022, 07:21 PM

He was a class act for County, hence we signed him. Wood was a last minute panic.

Ronniekirk
31-03-2022, 08:47 PM
Was he not Maloney s first signing Seem to recall he had high hopes that Clarke would be a real asset for us but clearly he will need game time to get match fit

RIP
01-04-2022, 10:15 PM
Because somebody posted on here that he was faking injury and in a huff because he never went to the Hun. That’s got to be true:blah:

Sounds like somebody on the wind up? 🤥

FitbaFolkKen
02-04-2022, 02:50 PM
Looks good!

Keith_M
02-04-2022, 03:03 PM
Looks good!

Coming good now. 😁

Tambo
02-04-2022, 04:05 PM
Was a very impressive debut playing on the left after a slow start.

Announced MOTM aswell.

MartinfaePorty
02-04-2022, 04:13 PM
Great that him and Hanlon got 90 mins with 2 massive games coming up.

A Hi-Bee
02-04-2022, 04:14 PM
he will do for me, he looks like a player, we need more of them.

Carheenlea
02-04-2022, 04:19 PM
A strong debut - keeps his place for derby surely.

LewysGot2
02-04-2022, 04:22 PM
Strongest debut for a while. Great game, good goal and 90 mins in the tank. Exceeded expectations and a must start next week and the one after.

yerauldda
02-04-2022, 04:29 PM
Can see why Maloney was gutted about his injury.
Absolutely key to the way he’d like to play. Genuinely could play in any position, masses of natural ability.

LaMotta
02-04-2022, 04:30 PM
He was absolutely tremendous once he got going today. Looks a real player.

overdrive
02-04-2022, 04:44 PM
As I said on the match thread, I thought he was poor until the goal. He was a lot better second half. I’m not convinced he’s as good going forward as either Cadden or Doig though and I’d rather he was put back to centre back when Rocky went off than Cadden.

wookie70
02-04-2022, 04:49 PM
Very good debut before he move to the right and was nowhere near as effective. Looks fitter than most of the players like Henderson, Mueller and Jasper that came in the same time. Took his goal very well and had some very good pieces of play

LaMotta
02-04-2022, 04:52 PM
As I said on the match thread, I thought he was poor until the goal. He was a lot better second half. I’m not convinced he’s as good going forward as either Cadden or Doig though and I’d rather he was put back to centre back when Rocky went off than Cadden.

He's techincally very good and has explosiveness over 5-10 yards. I think he looks better than both going forward.

Hiber-nation
02-04-2022, 05:08 PM
Didn't expect to see him on the left and took a while to get up to speed but from the goal onwards he looked a player. Strong, fast and looks a class above some.

Nakedmanoncrack
02-04-2022, 05:09 PM
Was impressed, well deserved man of match.

Libby Hibby
02-04-2022, 05:11 PM
Cracking player

LewysGot2
02-04-2022, 05:15 PM
Random question but what did he give the steward at the front of the East to look after? He collected it at Full Time 🔎

SteveHFC
02-04-2022, 05:16 PM
Very good player.

Eyrie
02-04-2022, 05:26 PM
Very good debut (particularly on the wrong side) and capped with a well taken goal.

The Harp Awakes
02-04-2022, 05:28 PM
Thought he had a good game and his attitude was first class. Deserved MoM.

Ronniekirk
02-04-2022, 05:55 PM
I think he will get better and be a real asset but could someone put in a bad to his parent club and buy him in the summer ?

HFC93
02-04-2022, 07:02 PM

Remember this post. Sums up this place.

Unseen work
03-04-2022, 05:59 AM
I doubt there was anyone happier than me in January when we signed him, I’ve been a fan of his for a while and thought he was brilliant at County.

I was a bit perplexed when I saw him at left wing back though and for me the opening half hour or so he looked a bit lost. Let’s not forget he’s predominantly a centre half/right back and to be honest it looked like it imo. He seemed quite deep when on the ball and his back was to goal, mainly playing it back when on it. A couple of times he got it in forward positions he seemed a bit unsure including one where he tripped doing a step over in the box. I’ll be honest I think he was poor for the goal we conceded too and he was very flat footed which allowed United to put a cross in - I was willing to put this down to being rusty though having not played in months.

Near the end of the first half he found himself central and hit a fantastic strike which the goalie tipped over, 5 minutes later he scored a brilliant goal. The composure and ability for the touch was brilliant and a good finish on his weak foot.

Second half he came out full of confidence and looked like he had been a left wing back all his career. He was playing first time passes into the centre of the park, burst down the wing and received the second pass. He was cutting inside and playing some lovely passes to Melkersen, one was a through ball and the other looked like he’d cross it but he played a sly ball to feet and wanted it laid back into him but Melkersen wasn’t switched on. He was brilliant for a spell in that second half and made me feel like an idiot for my first half thoughts :greengrin

I think what yesterday showed is just how good a player he is and how he’s capable of playing numerous positions, I’m still not sure I’d have him at left wing back but him being in the starting 11 with his energy, pace, athleticism and ability is a huge boost.

I’d get him signed permanently tomorrow if there was any possibility of it.

Highwayman
03-04-2022, 09:27 AM
Good to see Harry Clarke making his debut at long last.
But as per Unseen Works post I was baffled as to why Maloney played him at LWB.
Did Maloney not trust him to play as RCB in the back three ? This was even more baffling when Messrs Rocky,Hanlon and Doig didn’t exactly do themselves any favours for the Dundee United goal.
I thought when Rocky was subbed for Drey Wright (the baffle fest continued ) that Clarke would move to RCB but he seemed to flit back and forward across the field,not seeming to know what his role was supposed to be.
Positives,he kept plugging away even when things weren’t going for him and scored a fine goal.Also he seemed to be absolutely delighted to be on the pitch (not always the case for some Hibs players this season.
Just hope Maloney doesn’t mess him about any more and ensure that he plays him in the positions he will be most effective in.
No more bafflement please Shaun.

DC_Hibs
03-04-2022, 10:51 AM
Remember this post. Sums up this place.

If you want more of this content then look for Magennis soon to retire from injury posts. There’s plenty about. Same muppets posting.

superfurryhibby
03-04-2022, 11:11 AM
If you want more of this content then look for Magennis soon to retire from injury posts. There’s plenty about. Same muppets posting.

Except that it isn’t the same people ( person) and the context is completely different.

A Hi-Bee
03-04-2022, 11:16 AM

Well said 100%
:top marks

Mcbizz1998
03-04-2022, 03:44 PM
Looks a player. He fairly gets around the pitch and gets involved. Pleasing debut.

Stubbsy90+2
03-04-2022, 03:49 PM
Except that it isn’t the same people ( person) and the context is completely different.

Come on now. Don’t let facts get in the way of a good jibe.

ekhibee
03-04-2022, 03:58 PM

I think you might be talking *****?

chippy
03-04-2022, 04:03 PM
Where should we play him. Centre midfield beside Newell please

JohnM1875
03-04-2022, 04:11 PM
Looks good but not overly confident he'll be here next year with Arsenal including that summer clause.

JimBHibees
03-04-2022, 04:17 PM
Looked a tremendous player wouldn't be playing on the left to be honest. Don't think we wanted to play Rocky centre of a three. Personally would play him right centre back with Hanlon and Stevenson with Doig left in the Derby.

JohnM1875
03-04-2022, 04:19 PM
Looked a tremendous player wouldn't be playing on the left to be honest. Don't think we wanted to play Rocky centre of a three. Personally would play him right centre back with Hanlon and Stevenson with Doig left in the Derby.

Agree. Doig has to play wide for me. Don't think he's anywhere near good enough defensively to play CB. He's also rapid and gets us up the pitch so think a wide position suits him better.

Libby Hibby
03-04-2022, 04:26 PM
Could Harry play up front for a spell? He has pace, he’s skilful and direct.

We are well covered on the RHS and in defence.

Just an idea.

Billy Whizz
03-04-2022, 04:32 PM
Could Harry play up front for a spell? He has pace, he’s skilful and direct.

We are well covered on the RHS and in defence.

Just an idea.

He said on his post match interview yesterday, that he started his career as a centre forward

LaMotta
03-04-2022, 07:58 PM
He said on his post match interview yesterday, that he started his career as a centre forward

He looks like he could play anywhere. A DMA RLC from the old days of Championship Manager.

Smartie
03-04-2022, 08:00 PM

Interesting.

It was a striker's finish.

Scottie
09-04-2022, 04:52 PM
Well done today Harry. The only man today who showed anything like fight & passion we need in a derby.