PDA

View Full Version : (NHC) P&O + the Bigot brothers

Irish_Steve
18-03-2022, 04:40 PM
Will be interesting to see what the attendances are like at Celtc and The Rangers games if hordes of fans can’t get across from NI

Moulin Yarns
18-03-2022, 04:41 PM
Will be interesting to see what the attendances are like at Celtc and The Rangers games if hordes of fans can’t get across from NI

Unfortunately there is still a stenaline ferry from Belfast Harbour and probably Easyjet

Hermit Crab
18-03-2022, 04:47 PM
Unfortunately there is still a stenaline ferry from Belfast Harbour and probably Easyjet

Watch Stenaline and flight prices rocket on the back of this as well. Vultures.

Pagan Hibernia
18-03-2022, 04:53 PM

on the contrary, it’s fortunate.

it’s my preferred mode of transport when I go to Hibs games.

Irish_Steve
18-03-2022, 05:38 PM

Aye but those seats are probably already taken - I have been unfortunate enough to mis-time ferries home and been caught up with these neanderthals - absolute trumpets

Lendo
18-03-2022, 05:53 PM
How many actually travel across for the pair of them each weekend. I’ve always been curious.

Mick O'Rourke
18-03-2022, 06:08 PM

The Zombies will find a way.

After all ......Britannia rules the waves

gbhibby
18-03-2022, 06:14 PM
Oh dear what a shame🤣🤣🤣🤣

P & O absolutely disgusting company

jacomo
18-03-2022, 07:41 PM
Oh dear what a shame🤣🤣🤣🤣

Welcome to Brexit capitalism.

The government are only crying about it because their free port idea might come back to bite them.

Bostonhibby
18-03-2022, 08:07 PM
The Zombies will find a way.

After all ......Britannia rules the wavesAye, when they fart in their own bathtubs, about as wavy as it gets now as far as your average rule Britanniaer is concerned these days.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Haymaker
19-03-2022, 12:39 AM
Oh dear what a shame🤣🤣🤣🤣

They are ****. My friend has worked those boats for 10 years and they fired him over zoom. ***** the lot of them.

HoboHarry
19-03-2022, 01:18 AM
I'd give them all a free rowing boat with dissolving oars...

hibbydog
19-03-2022, 05:20 AM
I’m banned from P&O Ferries, simply for telling everyone that the entertainment had arrived.

All I shouted was ‘a band on ship’

MKHIBEE
19-03-2022, 06:51 AM
I'd give them all a free rowing boat with dissolving oars...

Dissolving boats may be a better idea

CropleyWasGod
19-03-2022, 07:33 AM
Dissolving boats may be a better idea

That's a solution.

Mick O'Rourke
19-03-2022, 07:59 AM
I’m banned from P&O Ferries, simply for telling everyone that the entertainment had arrived.

All I shouted was ‘a band on ship’

It it was an orange band, you might have had to walk the plank?

hibby rae
19-03-2022, 08:02 AM
It it was an orange band, you might have had to walk the plank?

The Buoys wouldn't like that

Carheenlea
19-03-2022, 08:13 AM
I’m a regular customer on Stena Line using the Cairnryan - Belfast sailing three times a year. I had a mail shot from them to say they were putting on extra ferries over coming days to accommodate demand in light of P&O’s situation.

I’m glad I use Stena as this behaviour from P&O wouldn’t make sailing with them in future sit right.

Thankfully I’ve never been on a ferry with Old Firm fans, but seeing the nick of folk on board who were attending a pipe band competition one time in NI was bad enough.

Mick O'Rourke
19-03-2022, 08:14 AM
P&O are not getting away with this.
They have made a monumental blunder.
They think their ships will be sailing "normally" very soon.
Dont hold your breath.

Hibernia&Alba
19-03-2022, 08:04 PM
P&O are not getting away with this.
They have made a monumental blunder.
They think their ships will be sailing "normally" very soon.
Dont hold your breath.

Good, utter James Hunts. This is funny, too

https://youtu.be/MZb8pJ8uv3g

Iggy Pope
21-03-2022, 10:16 AM
on the contrary, it’s fortunate.

it’s my preferred mode of transport when I go to Hibs games.

:thumbsup:

I'm Spartacus
21-03-2022, 10:29 AM
How many actually travel across for the pair of them each weekend. I’ve always been curious.

There can be half a dozen buses, I say buses and not coaches, as they are the worst buses possible, as the owners know the state they will return in.

Killiehibbie
21-03-2022, 05:54 PM

We counted 52 Irish coaches heading down A77 between Maybole and Kilmarnock one Saturday after a Celtic home game.

Carheenlea
21-03-2022, 06:26 PM
We counted 52 Irish coaches heading down A77 between Maybole and Kilmarnock one Saturday after a Celtic home game.

I had a blether with an Irish Celtic supporter in the pub before a Hibs game at Parkhead after spotting his hoodie with a local GAA club near to where my in laws live in Galway.
A small group of them all have ST’s and travel over to every Saturday home match, opting for flights rather than ferry. Given that they can pretty much guarantee that hardly any of their games at Parkhead are moved for TV coverage they can book cheap flights well in advance and their day consists of an early morning drive to Dublin, flight to Glasgow and in the pub by lunchtime. Back that night in the early hours.
Feels like a lot of bother to be going to but just shows that many are happy to do so.

Glory Lurker
21-03-2022, 07:15 PM
That's a solution.

Genius!

EdinMike
21-03-2022, 07:36 PM
Haven’t cruise ship companies been doing this for years ? Being “docked” to countries that pay little or no tax.

I’m sure I read the luxury cruise companies “Caribbean, Carnival” and the like actually had a cheek to ask for a bail out during Covid. And the US told them to rightly bolt !

Killiehibbie
21-03-2022, 07:36 PM
I had a blether with an Irish Celtic supporter in the pub before a Hibs game at Parkhead after spotting his hoodie with a local GAA club near to where my in laws live in Galway.
A small group of them all have ST’s and travel over to every Saturday home match, opting for flights rather than ferry. Given that they can pretty much guarantee that hardly any of their games at Parkhead are moved for TV coverage they can book cheap flights well in advance and their day consists of an early morning drive to Dublin, flight to Glasgow and in the pub by lunchtime. Back that night in the early hours.
Feels like a lot of bother to be going to but just shows that many are happy to do so.

Imagine being able to plan your whole season months in advance. It will never catch on.

Jack
21-03-2022, 08:50 PM
Haven’t cruise ship companies been doing this for years ? Being “docked” to countries that pay little or no tax.

I’m sure I read the luxury cruise companies “Caribbean, Carnival” and the like actually had a cheek to ask for a bail out during Covid. And the US told them to rightly bolt !

Not just cruise companies, in fact it could be argued their crews are better looked after than those on other types of ships.

The whole maritime wages thing sinks [sic] to just about the lowest level they can get away with for the lowest crew members (generally the lower you work on the ship the less you get paid!) compared with normal wages in the Philippines and India where many are from. Bare in mind they are also on board for 6/9 month tours so away from home and family. Its something very few Europeans would put up with but these guys are happy with what they get!