PDA

View Full Version : Pre Game Refreshments for Semi Final

hibsforeurope
18-03-2022, 10:54 AM
Just wondering if anyone has any ideas of places in the East end of Hampden that will be opening pre game for the semi final?

G15 Hibs
18-03-2022, 12:07 PM
Just wondering if anyone has any ideas of places in the East end of Hampden that will be opening pre game for the semi final?

There's the Montford and the Beechwood, two local pubs which usually open at 11am. Dare say you'll need to be sharp to get in.

hibbyfraelibby
18-03-2022, 12:14 PM
Here's a novel idea...how about fans dont go to the game pi$#ed and in full control of their bladders?😉

LunasBoots
18-03-2022, 12:19 PM
Be plenty places in Toryglen I'd imagine

G15 Hibs
18-03-2022, 12:29 PM
Be plenty places in Toryglen I'd imagine

The funny thing is that there isn't really. Historically around there was a dry area so other than the ones that I've mentioned above you're heading into Rutherglen before there's any great concentration of pubs (to make clear, that's not the same as a concentration of great pubs). There's a couple of bowling clubs around, but I'd reckon they'll either be closed until the game starts or taking bookings from buses only.

hibsforeurope
18-03-2022, 12:34 PM
The funny thing is that there isn't really. Historically around there was a dry area so other than the ones that I've mentioned above you're heading into Rutherglen before there's any great concentration of pubs (to make clear, that's not the same as a concentration of great pubs). There's a couple of bowling clubs around, but I'd reckon they'll either be closed until the game starts or taking bookings from buses only.

The East side of the ground is not great for pubs and given the early kick off time it's hard to come by anything open before 11. Doesn't help when bowling clubs on the East territory took booking for Hearts buses.

Mcbizz1998
18-03-2022, 10:48 PM
Here's a novel idea...how about fans dont go to the game pi$#ed and in full control of their bladders?[emoji6]

No.

Nicho87
18-03-2022, 11:15 PM
If you ain’t booked with a supporters bus is there anywhere fairly close by our side that will be serving before 11.

davhibby
19-03-2022, 12:37 AM
The last Scottish cup semi against Aberdeen which was at the same time, quite a lot of people seemed to just be having a carry out in the Asda car park when I passed

SChibs
19-03-2022, 07:16 AM
The last Scottish cup semi against Aberdeen which was at the same time, quite a lot of people seemed to just be having a carry out in the Asda car park when I passed

How tolerant are the Glasgow police these days. I'm always wary of having a few cans in the street before a game because of tr drinking laws through there. I remember as a kid seeing a few folk lifted for drinking in the street

superfurryhibby
19-03-2022, 07:25 AM
Looks like it’s tough titty for the bevvy merchants. I’m not that keen on being half jaked by midday myself, so I’ll cope.

On a cautionary note, being caught with a drink in the street is going to lead to your arrest, the Police are on the case.

SChibs
19-03-2022, 07:35 AM
Looks like it’s tough titty for the bevvy merchants. I’m not that keen on being half jaked by midday myself, so I’ll cope.

On a cautionary note, being caught with a drink in the street is going to lead to your arrest, the Police are on the case.

Not everyone wants to get half cut before the game, a few drinks with family/friends before the game is part of the day out for a lot of fans though

Since90+2
19-03-2022, 07:38 AM

If you think an early kick off will stop folk who want to get bevvied from doing so then you are rather naive.

Jones28
19-03-2022, 07:47 AM

I’ve had a chitty for drinking on the streets around hampden before the Aberdeen semi a few years ago. I doubt you’d get lifted though unless they’ve seriously clamped down on it. I saw thousands of Celtic fans bevvying at the back of hampden before the League cup final.

Gmack7
19-03-2022, 07:56 AM
Not everyone wants to get half cut before the game, a few drinks with family/friends before the game is part of the day out for a lot of fans though

Which is exactly what our buses will be doing, not everyone's a bam, a few beers then back on the buses to hampden, doing our bit to support a local buisness

superfurryhibby
19-03-2022, 08:13 AM
If you think an early kick off will stop folk who want to get bevvied from doing so then you are rather naive.

I have no doubt that those unable to watch a game of football without a bevvy will always find a way to indulge themselves.

OstKurve Hibs
19-03-2022, 08:42 AM
I have no doubt that those unable to watch a game of football without a bevvy will always find a way to indulge themselves.

Bet your fun at parties.

weecounty hibby
19-03-2022, 08:46 AM
There's a wee bowling club that our bus always go to. They are very welcoming and we will be in there pretty early on the 16th. Whenever we are at Hampden there are the same 3 or 4 buses in every time. We are there so often I'm thinking about taking out a membership!!!

Since90+2
19-03-2022, 08:57 AM

Of course, so there's little point spitting the dummy about it. Just try and enjoy your day and let others do what they wish to do.

Fuzzywuzzy
19-03-2022, 10:02 AM
How tolerant are the Glasgow police these days. I'm always wary of having a few cans in the street before a game because of tr drinking laws through there. I remember as a kid seeing a few folk lifted for drinking in the street

Not very. We went for something to eat after the final in December. Plenty Hibs fans trying to get takeaway as the shops were still closed. After they had served a few punters the polis came in and warned them about licencing. I think they were making punters our away what they had

superfurryhibby
19-03-2022, 10:08 AM
[QUOTE=Since90+2;6895830]Of course, so there's little point spitting the dummy about it. Just try and enjoy your day and let others do what they wish to do.[/QUOTE

Spitting the dummy, about what:confused: I will enjoy my day, and as always , others can do as they please.. Feel free to get as pished as you like and for anyone requiring my permission, go ahead and fill yer boots.

Stubbsy90+2
19-03-2022, 10:30 AM

We should ban all those who are too feared to have a pint before the game imo.

AFKA5814_Hibs
19-03-2022, 10:30 AM
A favourite of ours for an early kick off was The Iron Horse on West Nile Street. Had to get a bacon or sausage roll with your first drink. Would get early train and through there for about 9-9.30 for a 12-15 ko. Now sadly closed.

hibbyfraelibby
19-03-2022, 10:40 AM
We should ban all those who are too feared to have a pint before the game imo.

Not a case of fearties, more a case of not being so inadequate as to need the crutch of alcohol to go see a game of football...

easty
19-03-2022, 10:45 AM
Not a case of fearties, more a case of not being so inadequate as to need the crutch of alcohol to go see a game of football...

Is there a middle ground between being too feart to have a beer, and bring alcohol dependant to go to a game?

Clarence
19-03-2022, 10:50 AM

Lol - I love the dramatic use of ellipsis at the end of the sentence. Really encourages the reader to think on about all the mistakes they’ve made in life. Take a wee drink pal and loosen up.

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-03-2022, 10:55 AM
Guess this thread is less about having a swift pint before the game and more whether alcohol and football are a good combination on match days.

Mick O'Rourke
19-03-2022, 10:58 AM
A favourite of ours for an early kick off was The Iron Horse on West Nile Street. Had to get a bacon or sausage roll with your first drink. Would get early train and through there for about 9-9.30 for a 12-15 ko. Now sadly closed.

Alfredos across from the Horse is open early .It has a club license.
But for this game maybe better not being in City Centre drinking.
Celtic and newco fans would know the score in avoiding each other in City Centre pubs on a match day..
Not sure all Hibs and hertz fans will.

More bowling/social clubs nearer Hibs end than pubs.
Bus conveners will certainly have booked them as soon as date was confirmed.

Some are licensed earlier than most pubs.
Selling pies/sannies or breakfasts.
Get yersel on a supporters bus thats booked into a club.
If there are seats left!

Since90+2
19-03-2022, 11:29 AM
Is there a middle ground between being too feart to have a beer, and bring alcohol dependant to go to a game?

Of course not, that would be a sensible and balanced view.

Can't be having posts like that.

Since90+2
19-03-2022, 11:31 AM

Surely the majority of people fall into the middle ground of not being alcohol dependent but quite enjoy the social aspect of a few beers before a game?

You seem to be very emotionally invested in this.

Hillsidehibby
19-03-2022, 11:32 AM

I think it depends on the individual bizzie. A couple of the young lads with us got a £70 fine for having a bottle of beer in the street.

blackpoolhibs
19-03-2022, 11:38 AM

I dont think will be able to drink too much before the game to get anywhere near pissed, might have to take some illegal substances to get me there.

How much is glue these days?

bringbackbenny
19-03-2022, 11:48 AM
No harm in having a good bevvy before the game all adds to the atmosphere for a crappy ko time.

However I do see both sides, been to many Hibs games at Hampden where a minority of fans are trollied out their skull, abusive and spoiling the match for everyone around them. It's a balance and unfortunately some of the support go to far.

It'll never change.

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-03-2022, 11:52 AM
Always a good gathering in Alfredos before an early kick off. 🖒🍺🖒

green with envy
19-03-2022, 11:58 AM
Here's a novel idea...how about fans dont go to the game pi$#ed and in full control of their bladders?😉

How about fans go for 2/3 pints and don't go pissed.🤣

SChibs
19-03-2022, 12:45 PM
I dont think will be able to drink too much before the game to get anywhere near pissed, might have to take some illegal substances to get me there.

How much is glue these days?

3 Pritstcks for £1 in home bargains

Mick O'Rourke
19-03-2022, 12:49 PM
Lol - I love the dramatic use of ellipsis at the end of the sentence. Really encourages the reader to think on about all the mistakes they’ve made in life. Take a wee drink pal and loosen up.

I was off school one time for two weeks with that.

blackpoolhibs
19-03-2022, 01:13 PM
3 Pritstcks for £1 in home bargains
:party:

hibbyfraelibby
19-03-2022, 01:53 PM
Surely the majority of people fall into the middle ground of not being alcohol dependent but quite enjoy the social aspect of a few beers before a game?

You seem to be very emotionally invested in this.

The vast amount of supporters do not partake of the social aspect in licensed premise prior to a match.

Conversely you seem emotionally attached to the concept that alcohol is an essential ingredient in social interaction.

Since90+2
19-03-2022, 02:25 PM
The vast amount of supporters do not partake of the social aspect in licensed premise prior to a match.

Conversely you seem emotionally attached to the concept that alcohol is an essential ingredient in social interaction.

Not at all, I might not be able to attend due to childcare let alone have a drink if I do, but your comments have been deliberately confrontational towards anyone who has any alcohol before the game.

I'm sure you have your own legitimate reasons for that way of thinking, so I'll leave it at that and say enjoy the game.

LaMotta
20-03-2022, 08:11 AM

This is a thread looking for ideas about a pub before the semi and you are on to your second day of posting smug derorgatory comments about people who think differently from you and might fancy a pint or 2 in advance of the game. Or maybe they want to have a few soft drinks but still enjoy the atmosphere that being in a busy pub brings.

Your stance doesnt really give you the moral high ground you think it does. Maybe this isn't the thread for you?

I'll be in Alfredos hopefully, I'll try not to drink too much:wink:

GreenGray
20-03-2022, 09:06 AM

So you’re saying the vast majority of fans drink illegally before games?? Clueless. Come across incredibly judgemental here. Get off your high horse.

LunasBoots
20-03-2022, 09:25 AM

They had no problem with Celtic fans drinking in large numbers before the LC Final, literally walked through thousands of them drinking on the way from Toryglen to Hampden on the streets, whether its one rule for them another for us is what I'm wondwring

weecounty hibby
20-03-2022, 09:27 AM
I think that the way things are going on the pitch just now that strong drink pre match is a definite requirement!!!