PDA

View Full Version : Semi Date - Confirmed Saturday 16th April 12.15 KO

h185forever
15-03-2022, 02:04 PM
My IOS calendar for HIbs fixtures , from SKY, has just updated to say Sat 16 Apr at 15:00

Anyone else confirm the date/ time. I know it was likely based on the currant buns in Europe

Sioux
15-03-2022, 02:07 PM
My IOS calendar for HIbs fixtures , from SKY, has just updated to say Sat 16 Apr at 15:00

Anyone else confirm the date/ time. I know it was likely based on the currant buns in Europe

If that was the case, the game couldn't be broadcast on TV. So, unlikely.

h185forever
15-03-2022, 02:17 PM
Looking at SKY SPORTS website it has both games on the same date/time, so it’s probably just a placeholder for them .

I agree 16th @ 15:00 is unlikely

Bristolhibby
15-03-2022, 02:28 PM
It will be early or late on the Saturday. OF will be early on the Sunday as they can’t be trusted with any bevvie.

J

HH81
15-03-2022, 02:35 PM
Need to get them announced ASAP... Trains to book 😁

BS44
15-03-2022, 02:35 PM
It will be early or late on the Saturday. OF will be early on the Sunday as they can’t be trusted with any bevvie.

J

The last Glasgow derby was a 1945 kick off.

Sir David Gray
15-03-2022, 02:42 PM
Both matches will kick off at some point between 12:00-14:00 - ours on the Saturday and theirs on the Sunday.

I'm sticking with ours kicking off at 12:15.

Mike Berry
15-03-2022, 02:47 PM
Both matches will kick off at some point between 12:00-14:00 - ours on the Saturday and theirs on the Sunday.

I'm sticking with ours kicking off at 12:15.I'd bet it'd be that. Plenty of time afterwards to go and celebrate/ go home and cry.........

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

LancashireHibby
15-03-2022, 06:50 PM
The last Glasgow derby was a 1945 kick off.
On a weeknight with a limited away support.

Not a prayer either game will be in an evening kick off.

We will be 12.15 on the Saturday as was the plan for 2020.

Scorrie
15-03-2022, 07:00 PM
Sky will show the league game. Premier sports or BBC will show the cup semi

Steven79
15-03-2022, 07:00 PM

Sky aren't showing the game.

Tarrahib
15-03-2022, 07:09 PM
How do you work that out.

Billy Whizz
15-03-2022, 07:13 PM
How do you work that out.

They are showing St Mirren v Rangers the day after

Sir David Gray
15-03-2022, 07:13 PM

Our semi will be on BBC.

As someone has already said the league derby won't be on Sky it will only be on Hearts TV.

Cod Boy
15-03-2022, 07:33 PM
Our semi will be on BBC.

As someone has already said the league derby won't be on Sky it will only be on Hearts TV.

The game will be on the BBC and premier sports. The boy Daryl
Currie let slip last night the Celtic Rangers game would be exclusively live on premier but the Edinburgh Derby wouldn’t be.

15-03-2022, 07:35 PM
Our semi will be on BBC.

And Hibs TV International.

Sir David Gray
15-03-2022, 07:36 PM
The game will be on the BBC and premier sports. The boy Daryl
Currie let slip last night the Celtic Rangers game would be exclusively live on premier but the Edinburgh Derby wouldn’t be.

Yes that's correct. Premier get both semis and the BBC get one of them.

Our game will be on both, Rangers v Celtic will be on Premier only.

Montford
15-03-2022, 08:29 PM
Maybe Premier will push for a 5.15 kick off on the Saturday
That’s the slot they take for the League cup semis

Leith Green
15-03-2022, 08:32 PM

Fingers crossed , that would be a brilliant kick off time … Far better than the lunchtime slot

Sir David Gray
15-03-2022, 08:37 PM

10/10 for effort on this. :greengrin

HibbyDave
15-03-2022, 09:02 PM
My forecast is:
Us V them at 5m Saturday
Infirm at noon on Sunday

Radge70
15-03-2022, 09:06 PM
More importantly, why hasn't this been switched to Murrayfield yet?

hibbyfraelibby
15-03-2022, 09:50 PM

...Sky are not the broadcaster though so just making it up

Hulk1875
15-03-2022, 10:02 PM
My forecast is:
Us V them at 5m Saturday
Infirm at noon on Sunday

I hope it’s the 5:30 kick off for us
As working till 12:30

HibeeHibernian4
16-03-2022, 06:13 AM
It will be the Saturday lunchtime kick off.

JimBHibees
16-03-2022, 06:16 AM
It will be the Saturday lunchtime kick off.

Yep no way it will be an evening kick off.

BS44
16-03-2022, 06:17 AM

Cos it's not a rugby match?

.Sean.
16-03-2022, 07:56 AM
Because it’s a rugby stadium and no better than Hampden.

Hampden gets it stinking but personally I love the place. Never understood folk moaning about the place; think yourselves lucky you get to see your club play there on a semi regular basis as the majority don’t. Moaning about location and sight lines etc 😂

hibbyfraelibby
16-03-2022, 08:29 AM
Cos it's not a rugby match?

You sure...some of the tackles that lot put in would be worthy of a flanker on a fly half...

evy
16-03-2022, 08:47 AM

Hampden gets it stinking but personally I love the place. Never understood folk moaning about the place; think yourselves lucky you get to see your club play there on a semi regular basis as the majority don’t. Moaning about location and sight lines etc 😂

As someone who attends both stadiums regularly. Murrayfield is miles ahead of Hampden.

Carheenlea
16-03-2022, 08:53 AM

The percentage of boot-cut jeans and pointy brown shoe within our support is too low at the moment for it to be considered.

Mike Berry
16-03-2022, 09:02 AM
More importantly, why hasn't this been switched to Murrayfield yet?It won't happen, because that would be sensible.

Lago
16-03-2022, 10:29 AM
As someone who attends both stadiums regularly. Murrayfield is miles ahead of Hampden.
Agree, Hampden is well passed it's sell buy date.

Hermit Crab
16-03-2022, 03:07 PM
12:15 on the Saturday confirmed.

https://twitter.com/ScottishCup/status/1504125602063917059?s=20&t=42w98hGvluuVf782egqJ1A

Hermit Crab
16-03-2022, 03:11 PM
The SFA have today announced the date, ticket allocation and prices for our Scottish Cup Semi-Final against Hearts.
The match will take place on Saturday 16 April, 2022 and will kick-off at 12.15pm at Hampden Park.
We have been given a 50/50 split on ticket allocation with our Edinburgh rivals and the SFA have set the below ticket prices.
Prices
South Stand Lower Section I
Adults £35
Over-65/Under-16 £15
South Stand Upper Section H
Adults £35
Over-65/Under-16 £15
North Stand Sections D
Adults £35
Over-65/Under-16 £15
East Stand Sections F+G
Adults £25
Over-65/Under-16 £10
North Stand & South Stand Wheelchair Users
Adults £15
Over-65/Under-16 £8
East Stand Wheelchair Users
Adults £10
Over-65/Under-16 £8
After receiving the ticket information from the SFA, there were a number of long and strong conversations regarding the price and expense to our supporters. Our concerns were matched by Hearts as we stressed the point of making football affordable for everyone.
We completely understand how much it costs to be a football supporter and how expensive it is to follow your team up and down the country, especially in the current climate. We explained this in detail to the SFA, however, they have not moved on their decision, which is incredibly disappointing and has caused us great frustration.
Despite these prices, we hope to see as many Hibees at Hampden Park as possible in what will be a brilliant occasion for all involved.
Sale Dates
We will confirm sale dates for tickets and hospitality in due course, alongside coach travel options for supporters.

.Sean.
16-03-2022, 03:12 PM
The SFA have today announced the date, ticket allocation and prices for our Scottish Cup Semi-Final against Hearts.
The match will take place on Saturday 16 April, 2022 and will kick-off at 12.15pm at Hampden Park.
We have been given a 50/50 split on ticket allocation with our Edinburgh rivals and the SFA have set the below ticket prices.
Prices
South Stand Lower Section I
Adults £35
Over-65/Under-16 £15
South Stand Upper Section H
Adults £35
Over-65/Under-16 £15
North Stand Sections D
Adults £35
Over-65/Under-16 £15
East Stand Sections F+G
Adults £25
Over-65/Under-16 £10
North Stand & South Stand Wheelchair Users
Adults £15
Over-65/Under-16 £8
East Stand Wheelchair Users
Adults £10
Over-65/Under-16 £8
After receiving the ticket information from the SFA, there were a number of long and strong conversations regarding the price and expense to our supporters. Our concerns were matched by Hearts as we stressed the point of making football affordable for everyone.
We completely understand how much it costs to be a football supporter and how expensive it is to follow your team up and down the country, especially in the current climate. We explained this in detail to the SFA, however, they have not moved on their decision, which is incredibly disappointing and has caused us great frustration.
Despite these prices, we hope to see as many Hibees at Hampden Park as possible in what will be a brilliant occasion for all involved.
Sale Dates
We will confirm sale dates for tickets and hospitality in due course, alongside coach travel options for supporters.

Why do we always get the East against Hearts

SteveHFC
16-03-2022, 03:13 PM
Why do we always get the East against Hearts

Would prefer the West. Much better pubs that way.

Broken Gnome
16-03-2022, 03:20 PM
Kick off time and ticket prices aren't really a surprise, but I'd be very pleasantly surprised if we sell this out.

And hope those two factors - usually quite prominent in deciding whether someone wavering attends or not - can be overcome just this one time. Tis quite important.

Newhaven
16-03-2022, 03:22 PM
Was always going to be expensive given the old firm are both in and there fans won’t hesitate to pay it

oneone73
16-03-2022, 03:24 PM
I'm 65 in September. Tempted to buy a 65 and over ticket.

Steven79
16-03-2022, 03:26 PM

Just do it.

hibbyfraelibby
16-03-2022, 03:31 PM

Need to show proof of age which your client file will cpntain...not just a knarled, wether-beaten visog

Mike Berry
16-03-2022, 03:36 PM
Need to show proof of age which your client file will cpntain...not just a knarled, wether-beaten visogI'm 63 but I look like sh***. Do you think I might get away with it?

Steven79
16-03-2022, 03:37 PM
Need to show proof of age which your client file will cpntain...not just a knarled, wether-beaten visog

How will they know that they are buying it for themself?

Pretty Boy
16-03-2022, 03:39 PM

:agree:

Murrayfield may well be a fantastic events and rugby venue but for football, based on the couple of games I have attended there, it's pish. The biggest issue is the same one everyone bemoans at Hampden, fans are just too far away from the pitch, particularly behind the goals.

I wouldn't even mind a discussion about Murrayfield if it didn't descend into ridiculous hyperbole every time. People talking about having to 'trek' through to Glasgow, us being 'dragged half way across the country' and sitting in a stadium that is a 'relic'. It's a bit of an outdated stadium that is an hours drive away in the biggest city in Scotland ffs. You would think we were being asked to play on a public park in Torshavn the way some people go on.

HH81
16-03-2022, 03:53 PM
Not sure what's going on but trains through Carlisle up to Glasgow look awful!

Drive and stay over looking likely.

wookie70
16-03-2022, 03:55 PM

Agreed, but it wouldn't be hard. as someone who doesn't drink and will be taking his kids, albeit they are teenagers now, I'm glad it is an early KO. It won't stop the drunken nonsense but it does limit it. Hopefully they will release tickets far better than they did for the last final we were in.

flash
16-03-2022, 04:03 PM
Cue 5 weeks of griping about the venue, order of ticket release, prices, traffic etc. With the very occasional thread about the actual game.
And even the ones about the game will be full of punters terrified at the prospect of playing the puddle drinkers.
It was ever thus.

JimBHibees
16-03-2022, 04:04 PM

Murrayfield may well be a fantastic events and rugby venue but for football, based on the couple of games I have attended there, it's pish. The biggest issue is the same one everyone bemoans at Hampden, fans are just too far away from the pitch, particularly behind the goals.

I wouldn't even mind a discussion about Murrayfield if it didn't descend into ridiculous hyperbole every time. People talking about having to 'trek' through to Glasgow, us being 'dragged half way across the country' and sitting in a stadium that is a 'relic'. It's a bit of an outdated stadium that is an hours drive away in the biggest city in Scotland ffs. You would think we were being asked to play on a public park in Torshavn the way some people go on.

Got to be said was at Liverpool Napoli a few years back and thought stadium and atmosphere was excellent. Night and day from that outdated relic of a stadium we are dragged kicking and screaming to when we get to later stages of a cup competition. 🙂

LunasBoots
16-03-2022, 04:09 PM
Well at least everyone who wants to go will get a ticket easily, joke of a kick off time, trains will be a nightmare.

vinhibs
16-03-2022, 04:09 PM
I remember the 2006 final and for a variety of reasons we were beaten before we kicked off. On of those contributing factors was the poor Hibs crowd. If team run out to a lot of empty seats, what does that say to them about the fans belief or enthusiasm? If i use my whatsapp group as a guide, there are several on holiday, and some are already nervous about the game. I personally think its absolutely imperative that we at least match their ticket sales. I dont expect to sell out (previous semi finals back that up with prices, 12:15 KO, Easter weekend, BBC, and aforementioned nervousness all contributing to stay at home fans), but can we collectively nudge a few of those doubters to get them a ticket and get as many bodies as possible backing the team? The game could be so finely balanced that having the slightest edge may well see us into the final - A couple of wins between now and then would obviously help the cause massively!!

Cod Boy
16-03-2022, 04:11 PM
Not sure what's going on but trains through Carlisle up to Glasgow look awful!

Drive and stay over looking likely.

Easter weekend be a lot of rail works getting done I imagine

one day maybe...
16-03-2022, 04:12 PM
Would be decent if the rail firms could put on a few football specials for both sets of fans, departing from Waverly and Haymarket at intermitting times to avoid any confrontation in Glasgow. Reasonable ticket price and these could be a good way of easing congestion on the M8.
Probably won't even consider it though. #GGTTH

LunasBoots
16-03-2022, 04:18 PM
Would be decent if the rail firms could put on a few football specials for both sets of fans, departing from Waverly and Haymarket at intermitting times to avoid any confrontation in Glasgow. Reasonable ticket price and these could be a good way of easing congestion on the M8.

Probably not enough time and staff to run them, just going to be mayhem as usual.

one day maybe...
16-03-2022, 04:22 PM
I remember the 2006 final and for a variety of reasons we were beaten before we kicked off. On of those contributing factors was the poor Hibs crowd. If team run out to a lot of empty seats, what does that say to them about the fans belief or enthusiasm? If i use my whatsapp group as a guide, there are several on holiday, and some are already nervous about the game. I personally think its absolutely imperative that we at least match their ticket sales. I dont expect to sell out (previous semi finals back that up with prices, 12:15 KO, Easter weekend, BBC, and aforementioned nervousness all contributing to stay at home fans), but can we collectively nudge a few of those doubters to get them a ticket and get as many bodies as possible backing the team? The game could be so finely balanced that having the slightest edge may well see us into the final - A couple of wins between now and then would obviously help the cause massively!!

I was there too. Still hate that bl@@dy White Stripes song

Broken Gnome
16-03-2022, 04:25 PM

Yep, we were like sitting ducks that day - the team, ticket sales and atmosphere were a disaster.

They should have absolutely no advantage on the day. Everything matters.

Nakedmanoncrack
16-03-2022, 04:36 PM
Kick off time and ticket prices aren't really a surprise, but I'd be very pleasantly surprised if we sell this out.

And hope those two factors - usually quite prominent in deciding whether someone wavering attends or not - can be overcome just this one time. Tis quite important.

No chance of sell out, certainly not from us, excuses started already. They will get closer to a sell out but will be still have tickets unsold.

one day maybe...
16-03-2022, 04:39 PM
Yep, we were like sitting ducks that day - the team, ticket sales and atmosphere were a disaster.

They should have absolutely no advantage on the day. Everything matters.

Correct, it was an abysmal display, sadly.
So everything the club, our fans can do to get fans along definitely matters.

LunasBoots
16-03-2022, 04:40 PM
Know a few not going already, I'll be there but pretty passed off with the kick off time, our support find it hard to sell lunchtime kick offs at Easter Road as it is with numbers way down, a lot of regulars already questioning whether they'll go or not, on BBC and haven't sold out previous semi finals, no danger are we selling this out.

weecounty hibby
16-03-2022, 04:44 PM
I will be there absolutely never in doubt regardless of ko time and price. But the ko time along with the pricing is a ****ing disgrace. Call me a conspiracy theorist but the SFA know that the bigot fans will pay anything for that game. They will be hoping that Hibs and hearts don't sell out thus allowing them to sell more tickets to whichever of the bigots get through using semi final sales as an excuse

Billy Whizz
16-03-2022, 04:45 PM
Know a few not going already, I'll be there but pretty passed off with the kick off time, our support find it hard to sell lunchtime kick offs at Easter Road as it is with numbers way down, a lot of regulars already questioning whether they'll go or not, on BBC and haven't sold out previous semi finals, no danger are we selling this out.

There’s no such thing as a bad kick off time v Hearts in a Scottish cup semi final at Hampden

Sir David Gray
16-03-2022, 04:46 PM

It's a pretty crap kick off time, I would agree, but this isn't a regular league game at Easter Road it's a Scottish Cup semi final v Hearts and a chance for us to put a lot of historical wrongs right.

I'd be absolutely astonished if we can't sell our allocation for this.

Diclonius
16-03-2022, 04:46 PM

My first ever Hibs game. Probably the main underlying cause of my derby pessimism.

Steven79
16-03-2022, 04:52 PM
I will be there absolutely never in doubt regardless of ko time and price. But the ko time along with the pricing is a ****ing disgrace. Call me a conspiracy theorist but the SFA know that the bigot fans will pay anything for that game. They will be hoping that Hibs and hearts don't sell out thus allowing them to sell more tickets to whichever of the bigots get through using semi final sales as an excuse

Sounds about right!

andudare2
16-03-2022, 04:58 PM
I remember the 2006 final and for a variety of reasons we were beaten before we kicked off. On of those contributing factors was the poor Hibs crowd. If team run out to a lot of empty seats, what does that say to them about the fans belief or enthusiasm? If i use my whatsapp group as a guide, there are several on holiday, and some are already nervous about the game. I personally think its absolutely imperative that we at least match their ticket sales. I dont expect to sell out (previous semi finals back that up with prices, 12:15 KO, Easter weekend, BBC, and aforementioned nervousness all contributing to stay at home fans), but can we collectively nudge a few of those doubters to get them a ticket and get as many bodies as possible backing the team? The game could be so finely balanced that having the slightest edge may well see us into the final - A couple of wins between now and then would obviously help the cause massively!!Semi final.

LunasBoots
16-03-2022, 05:00 PM
It's a pretty crap kick off time, I would agree, but this isn't a regular league game at Easter Road it's a Scottish Cup semi final v Hearts and a chance for us to put a lot of historical wrongs right.

Hopefully we can put in some good performances beforehand and tempt a few to change there minds.

Hibs90
16-03-2022, 05:01 PM
Disgraceful pricing. Absolutely shocking.

green day
16-03-2022, 05:01 PM

We sold about 15000 for a bog std league match v St J, so I agree (appreciate pricing is different).

HH81
16-03-2022, 05:05 PM
Lot of chat about the pricing but not much different to league games at Easter road v Hearts?

Billy Whizz
16-03-2022, 05:05 PM
Disgraceful pricing. Absolutely shocking.

From BBC site

Tickets for both matches will range from £8 to £35, with both Edinburgh clubs criticising the pricing.

Hearts and Hibs both say they "stressed that in the current climate we want to make football affordable for everyone".

The latter added they "understand how much it costs to be a supporter" and "explained this in detail to the SFA" but that the governing body "have not moved on their decision, which is incredibly disappointing and has caused us great frustration".

We charged Hearts £33 for the last derby, and they’ve charged us £31 for the next derby at Tynie

A bit hypocritical of both clubs to complain about the pricing

LancashireHibby
16-03-2022, 05:06 PM
Looks like a drive up for me given the train issues between Carlisle and Glasgow. Definitely planning on going though.

I don’t even think the prices are too unreasonable after paying £32 for the derby at ER, and even that wasn’t the most expensive ticket that night. I’ve paid £26 for Crewe v Bolton on Saturday!

16-03-2022, 05:07 PM

Was just about to post the exact same theory. Those 2 will sell out no problem and us and Hearts would have too but they're trying their best dissuade as many Hibs and Hearts fans as possible so they can do the same as they did with the league cup final tickets.

Celtic and Rangers will be driving this agenda and the SFA will be kowtowing to them as usual.

B.H.F.C
16-03-2022, 05:12 PM

You’d think lunch time kick offs were some kind of new concept. It was never going to be anything other than an early kick off.

We had a semi final kick off at 4 o’clock earlier in the season and folk deemed that to be too late, by the time they’d get back etc so you can’t really win.

Anyone talking about not going because of the kick off time is kidding on, they simply don’t fancy it. Might be slightly different for those further afield where transport is an issue but that’s not going to impact too many folk. As much as I think everyone is entitled to do as they please, our support really need to stand up and be counted for this one. It’s an absolutely huge game that we need to win and everyone that can needs to do their bit.

Johnny Clash
16-03-2022, 05:16 PM
Have to travel 300 miles to get to games so early kick off a bummer. Hotel now booked near Hampden. I totally get reasons why folk can’t make these expensive games but I’d never forgive myself missing such a great victory if I had a choice.

GordonHFC
16-03-2022, 05:20 PM
From BBC site

Tickets for both matches will range from £8 to £35, with both Edinburgh clubs criticising the pricing.

Hearts and Hibs both say they "stressed that in the current climate we want to make football affordable for everyone".

The latter added they "understand how much it costs to be a supporter" and "explained this in detail to the SFA" but that the governing body "have not moved on their decision, which is incredibly disappointing and has caused us great frustration".

We charged Hearts £33 for the last derby, and they’ve charged us £31 for the next derby at Tynie

I understand what you mean about those prices but this time we have to factor in travelling costs.

Billy Whizz
16-03-2022, 05:21 PM
I understand what you mean about those prices but this time we have to factor in travelling costs.

Maybe Hibs could give us £10 discount pp, to help us with travel, if they are that keen for cheaper prices
It’s all show from both clubs

green day
16-03-2022, 05:26 PM
Maybe Hibs could give us £10 discount pp, to help us with travel, if they are that keen for cheaper prices

Course it is, as you mention above the derby prices are already ridic at our own stadia.

B.H.F.C
16-03-2022, 05:29 PM
Looks like a drive up for me given the train issues between Carlisle and Glasgow. Definitely planning on going though.

I don’t even think the prices are too unreasonable after paying £32 for the derby at ER, and even that wasn’t the most expensive ticket that night. I’ve paid £26 for Crewe v Bolton on Saturday!

The prices never jumped out at me as being horrendous. Maybe it’s just because I’ve become used to football being expensive in general.

But half of our allocation is priced at £25 and that’s a fair bit cheaper than even the bronze sections at ER for the last derby. It’s £29 to get in to Pittodrie this week as well.

At least they’re offering concessions in the north and south stands as well, that’s not something they’ve always done at Hampden.

HH81
16-03-2022, 05:32 PM

It's a bloody nightmare with the trains.

Antifa Hibs
16-03-2022, 05:36 PM
The only criticism of tickets is probably the lack of students and under 18s. If you're offering pensioner tickets surely offer the other two groups at the same price.

How will trains for Edinburgh likely work for this? They put football specials on and segregate the Edinburgh and Glasgow train stations?

He's here!
16-03-2022, 05:36 PM

Our support wasn't poor that day, just reflective of knowing we were without Brown, Riordan, Killen, Stewart and O'Connor (crazily sold prior to the game) and being all but certain we were going to get beat.

hibbyfraelibby
16-03-2022, 05:37 PM
Is the club going to run buses like they did for the LC?

Could be a way of minimising fan costs...

Dunfyhibee
16-03-2022, 05:45 PM
Kick off time is not a surprise however problematic for some and quite poor for those wanting a day out. Prices again shocking but not a surprise these days l. Hope the club step up and run many busses for no profit. A large support is going to be vital.

NAE NOOKIE
16-03-2022, 05:52 PM
The prices are I suppose not mentally outrageous for a semi final, though how many folk they will put off given how tight folks household budgets are remains to be seen ... the SFA clearly don't watch the news.

The kick off time is a pain in the sodding arse. It means getting up at stupid o'clock and severely limits any time in Glasgow to enjoy the build up and pre match atmosphere around the stadium for a lot of fans. But every time this happens I moan about how it ruins my day and that of a lot of other fans who would actually like to make an occasion of a so called 'showpiece' game and every time I get a load of folk pointing out to me that I have to accept that TV rules here and it's my place to accept being an afterthought.

That being the case I'll make this my last post on the subject suck it up and have a look on line to see where I can go to pay some rubber clad woman £100 to make me lick out a toilet bowl. Pretty well the same thing for us fitba submissives and at least I probably wont have to get up at 6am to do it.

.Sean.
16-03-2022, 05:55 PM
Haymarket to Mt Florida for them and Waverley to Kings Park for us. If it was doable it would make too much sense for this country

16-03-2022, 05:59 PM

Rangers and Celtic have the advantage of Hampden on their doorstep. Their fans should pay £40 and ours and Hearts' £30. 😀

erin go bragh
Lot of chat about the pricing but not much different to league games at Easter road v Hearts?

Hearts charging us £31 for the derby at the PBS . Tickets available for the Semi from £25 🤷*♂️ Some folk just hate a moan imo
Bring it on and let’s put this they have never beaten us at Hampden to bed.
And for any mutants looking in , we have only played you three times in 147 years , mainly because you gunts never get there .

wookie70
The only criticism of tickets is probably the lack of students and under 18s. If you're offering pensioner tickets surely offer the other two groups at the same price.

That is where I am at. The adult prices are pretty much in line with ER and Tiny so can't see much to complain about. £35 for my 16 year old still in education is too much though. The big issue of course is that most club supporters outside the Uglies have to factor in 15 quid or so in travelling.

one day maybe...
16-03-2022, 06:08 PM
Haymarket to Mt Florida for them and Waverley to Kings Park for us. If it was doable it would make too much sense for this country

Correct. At a time when governments are continually harping on about the environment and sustainability, this makes massive sense and is something the Scottish government should be asking the the rail firms to consider. Trains going there & back for them and the same for us, to and from the locations you have suggested makes huge sense. Organised correctly, it becomes decent earner for the rail firms and helps reduce policing costs at Hampden by getting fans there and back in the quickest, greenest :greengrin way possible, this should be considered and both clubs should be asking for football specific trains on the day.

gbhibby
16-03-2022, 06:24 PM
Is the club going to run buses like they did for the LC?

Could be a way of minimising fan costs...
Hope so. Wouldn't mind the breakfast rolls bus and ticket package.Bloody early start though

hibee
16-03-2022, 06:31 PM

Agree with that, both my kids are still at school and have youth ST’s but would have to pay adult prices which really just means I’d have to buy 3 adult tickets.

Will be plenty more parents in the same position.

Carheenlea
16-03-2022, 06:36 PM

How will trains for Edinburgh likely work for this? They put football specials on and segregate the Edinburgh and Glasgow train stations?

At the 2012 Final, there was a request for Hibs fans to board certain trains at Waverley and Hearts to use certain trains from Haymarket. It was largely ignored and fans just jumped on at whatever station and train suited them. Atmosphere around the city that early morning was pretty special.

Resulted in mixed trains, with groups of fans enjoying their own company and behaving themselves in a civilised manner. There was a natural segregation of trains after of course which won’t be the case this time as fans will all be returning to Edinburgh at same time given it’s a semi, which could have more potential for trouble.

PPZPOL
16-03-2022, 06:37 PM
Rangers and Celtic have the advantage of Hampden on their doorstep. Their fans should pay £40 and ours and Hearts' £30. 😀

Hampden is nowhere near Ireland and Northern Ireland 🥁

hibee
16-03-2022, 06:49 PM
At the 2012 Final, there was a request for Hibs fans to board certain trains at Waverley and Hearts to use certain trains from Haymarket. It was largely ignored and fans just jumped on at whatever station and train suited them. Atmosphere around the city that early morning was pretty special.

Resulted in mixed trains, with groups of fans enjoying their own company and behaving themselves in a civilised manner. There was a natural segregation of trains after of course which won’t be the case this time as fans will all be returning to Edinburgh at same time given it’s a semi, which could have more potential for trouble.

If we can get a few early goals in the first half that might help with the segregation of later trains :greengrin

Ronniekirk
16-03-2022, 06:53 PM
There’s no such thing as a bad kick off time v Hearts in a Scottish cup semi final at Hampden

I will be cutting short a holiday on Arran to be there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stuart-farquhar
16-03-2022, 06:56 PM

This " biggest city " means what exactly? It's geograpichally smaller but a bit bigger population. Means what? We should defer? Admire? Be grateful for their beauty and kindness( pun intended)

Glory Lurker
16-03-2022, 07:14 PM
At least a couple of railway specials were put on for the 2006 semi.

Montford
16-03-2022, 07:17 PM
So it’s going to be
North Stand & South Stand £35
East Terracing £25

Majority of tickets (15,000) will be £25

That’s the impression I’m getting

Radge70
16-03-2022, 07:21 PM

Agree 100%. It's win win for the clubs to kid on the prices are too high just because they aren't the ones selling them but will receive most of the profits anyway. Hibs will be running these official buses again with their brunch "packages" so yeah, why not just make the buses a freebie given that travel is the other main factor in what makes "football affordable for everyone".

LunasBoots
16-03-2022, 07:44 PM
You'd think Scotrail would put on extra services, running every 30 mins between Edin and Glasgow at the moment, with such numbers travelling there's a chance many may not make it with the covid timetable.

Mick O'Rourke
16-03-2022, 08:01 PM
Hampden is nowhere near Ireland and Northern Ireland ��

Said exactly that to my grandson .
Got to give the Irish ferry travellers on their buses time to get across and up to Glasgow .
The richer ones will come the night before or fly !

Petrie has been got at !!

Bob1875
16-03-2022, 08:07 PM
Can’t see us selling out to be honest

Mick O'Rourke
16-03-2022, 08:08 PM

Not from Clermiston,its not !:greengrin

Fuzzywuzzy
16-03-2022, 08:08 PM
Is it bad that I need to work something out for the 21st may. Eldest has to do something for his confirmation at noon🤬🤬

Fuzzywuzzy
16-03-2022, 08:10 PM
Not from Clermiston,its not !:greengrin

You taking some spray paint for a 'YCD On Tour'?

16-03-2022, 08:13 PM
Hampden is nowhere near Ireland and Northern Ireland 🥁

😀

LunasBoots
16-03-2022, 08:22 PM

Reckon we'll take about 17-18 thousand.

JimBHibees
16-03-2022, 08:31 PM
You’d think lunch time kick offs were some kind of new concept. It was never going to be anything other than an early kick off.

We had a semi final kick off at 4 o’clock earlier in the season and folk deemed that to be too late, by the time they’d get back etc so you can’t really win.

Anyone talking about not going because of the kick off time is kidding on, they simply don’t fancy it. Might be slightly different for those further afield where transport is an issue but that’s not going to impact too many folk. As much as I think everyone is entitled to do as they please, our support really need to stand up and be counted for this one. It’s an absolutely huge game that we need to win and everyone that can needs to do their bit.

Yep don't get the issue with the kick off to be honest a Saturday game what an hour or so journey from Edinburgh on a spring day. Bizarre.

Mick O'Rourke
16-03-2022, 08:31 PM
You taking some spray paint for a 'YCD On Tour'?

YCD ? wee insignificant jambo mob efter my time.
Widnae gie them hoose room !!

No no... Clerry Jungle, me...founder member:greengrin
We've got class !!

Hibs90
16-03-2022, 08:54 PM
From BBC site

Yeah those prices for the derbies are ridiculous also.

Fans being fleeced.

Mick O'Rourke
16-03-2022, 09:03 PM
Yeah those prices for the derbies are ridiculous also.

Fans being fleeced.
You are correct.
In the current economic climate ,covid, people off work due to that,, fuel price, cost of living rise ,etc.
You would have though that the millionaire Rod Petrie, if he has any influence on pricing ,would recognise this.
Our chairman has. Hence the Fiver game last week.

Pretty Boy
16-03-2022, 09:08 PM
This " biggest city " means what exactly? It's geograpichally smaller but a bit bigger population. Means what? We should defer? Admire? Be grateful for their beauty and kindness( pun intended)

Meaning it's well served by public transport, pubs, cafes and other infrastructure and amenities.

As I said in my post the language used when discussing a short hop along the motorway makes it sound like we are off on an Arctic expedition.

gbhibby
16-03-2022, 09:46 PM
YCD ? wee insignificant jambo mob efter my time.
Widnae gie them hoose room !!

No no... Clerry Jungle, me...founder member:greengrin
We've got class !!
Anybody from other parts of the toon when they find out you are from Clerry always mention the Clerry Jungle never YCD.
Mental Ya Bass.
You're a legend in Clerry Mick

gbhibby
16-03-2022, 10:00 PM
Is it bad that I need to work something out for the 21st may. Eldest has to do something for his confirmation at noon🤬🤬
I am sure the Priest will be accomadating given the circumstances. Otherwise atheism is the only other option 😁

HendoDelivered
16-03-2022, 11:13 PM

They will, so why can’t we?

Hermit Crab
17-03-2022, 12:31 AM
You'd think Scotrail would put on extra services, running every 30 mins between Edin and Glasgow at the moment, with such numbers travelling there's a chance many may not make it with the covid timetable.

You need spare sets of coaches, train crew consisting of drivers and guards who are spare or who are willing to work their rest days. Don't forget half of ScotRails train crew at Waverley will want to go to the game as well, or at the very least not be working that day to avoid the trouble.

Hermit Crab
17-03-2022, 12:33 AM
At least a couple of railway specials were put on for the 2006 semi.

Thats correct, using trains ScotRail no longer have in their fleet, these specials were overpriced and strictly dry as well and tickets had to be purchased in advance from the respective clubs

JOD
17-03-2022, 01:54 AM
Was just about to post the exact same theory. Those 2 will sell out no problem and us and Hearts would have too but they're trying their best dissuade as many Hibs and Hearts fans as possible so they can do the same as they did with the league cup final tickets.

Celtic and Rangers will be driving this agenda and the SFA will be kowtowing to them as usual.
Bear in mind that all the semi takings are split between the 4 clubs so no way the uglies will agree to any reduction and our club and them fall into the "thy protest too much" hypocrite category to try and keep us onside.
Despite all that I'll be there.

MKHIBEE
17-03-2022, 02:22 AM

I will be driving from Northampton to Doncaster to get a train via Edinburgh, early start that day

Since452
17-03-2022, 05:48 AM
It's a bit silly that there will be 30 odd thousand plus fans from Edinburgh traipsing through to Glasgow for a lunchtime kick off when we have a gigantic stadium on our doorstep which would be pretty much full if the game was played there. All hypothetical but I just wish there was an agreement in place for Murrayfield to be used if the Edinburgh sides drew each other. The novelty factor alone would see 50/60k turn up. Would be a brilliant advert for Scottish football. Unfortunately the powers that be can't see past the Glasgow goldfish bowl.

HH81
17-03-2022, 06:07 AM
It's a bit silly that there will be 30 odd thousand plus fans from Edinburgh traipsing through to Glasgow for a lunchtime kick off when we have a gigantic stadium on our doorstep which would be pretty much full if the game was played there. All hypothetical but I just wish there was an agreement in place for Murrayfield to be used if the Edinburgh sides drew each other. The novelty factor alone would see 50/60k turn up. Would be a brilliant advert for Scottish football. Unfortunately the powers that be can't see past the Glasgow goldfish bowl.

Or maybe they just don't see the benifit of paying rent to another company when they own a stadium to host it?

Since452
17-03-2022, 06:22 AM
Or maybe they just don't see the benifit of paying rent to another company when they own a stadium to host it?

That's exactly why it isn't happening but I wish it was

hibee-boys
17-03-2022, 06:35 AM
Did anyone expect to be paying less than £25 for a Scottish Cup semi final ticket? Appreciate that the north and south stands are £35 but I think £25 is fair enough. Less then what we charge to sit behind the goal’s at an ER or Tynecastle derby. I would’ve preferred a later kick off so I could enjoy a longer pre match build up but it was not unexpected. As for people moaning about travelling all the way through to Glasgow for 12, deary me, some Edinburgh based hibs fans must have it pretty easy getting to ER every 2nd week.

JimBHibees
17-03-2022, 06:39 AM
Did anyone expect to be paying less than £25 for a Scottish Cup semi final ticket? Appreciate that the north and south stands are £35 but I think £25 is fair enough. Less then what we charge to sit behind the goal’s at an ER or Tynecastle derby. I would’ve preferred a later kick off so I could enjoy a longer pre match build up but it was not unexpected. As for people moaning about travelling all the way through to Glasgow for 12, deary me, some Edinburgh based hibs fans must have it pretty easy getting to ER every 2nd week.

Tend to agree re prices though would like to have seen a student and under 18 price as mentioned earlier. Huge one off game and adult cost in the main is cheaper or in line with Derby prices don't really see the issue.

Keith_M
17-03-2022, 07:22 AM
Fantastic prices and great time, really looking forward to it!

:flag:

silverhibee
17-03-2022, 12:40 PM
Could have done with the 2 o’clock ko on the Sunday and the two local Glasgow clubs with the earlier ko on the Saturday.

But it’s the SFA we are talking about here and being sensible has never been there strong point and of course let’s not upset the two bigot clubs who make the most noise with there complaining and threats.

See you all at Hampden. GGTTH :flag:

Sean1875
17-03-2022, 12:56 PM
Could have done with the 2 o’clock ko on the Sunday and the two local Glasgow clubs with the earlier ko on the Saturday.

But it’s the SFA we are talking about here and being sensible has never been there strong point and of course let’s not upset the two bigot clubs who make the most noise with there complaining and threats.

See you all at Hampden. GGTTH :flag:

Tbf Rangers are more than likely playing on the Thursday unless Red Star pull off a miracle tonight so the Saturday game was was never an option for them. I’d have much preferred the 5/5:15 kick off on Saturday night option though which I’m sure they had last year. I’ll be there but 12:15 is pish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DH1875
17-03-2022, 02:39 PM
Rangers can't play the Saturday because they will probably still be in Europe.
Glasgow is an hour away at most for most of our fans going to the game. Duck knows what we would do if we lived in a bigger country.
Ticket prices are less than what you pay to get into ER for the game.
Murryfield debate comes up all the time for these games. Never happened then and not happening now.

Anything else?

HFC93
17-03-2022, 02:46 PM
I get the impression some Hibs fans are desperate to find an excuse to not go to this game.

davhibby
17-03-2022, 03:01 PM

They also own a football stadium which is massively superior for watching football than Murrayfield, which is a rugby stadium. A full Hampden is fantastic and it would be a really poor decision if any semis or finals were played at Murrayfield unless there was no other option

Stonewall
17-03-2022, 03:13 PM
They also own a football stadium which is massively superior for watching football than Murrayfield, which is a rugby stadium. A full Hampden is fantastic and it would be a really poor decision if any semis or finals were played at Murrayfield unless there was no other option

Let’s face it they’re both flawed. Murrayfield because of the fact it’s a Rugby ground and Hampden because it was a half arsed, compromised attempt at rebuilding a football stadium.

HH81
17-03-2022, 03:15 PM
Can we just move it to Newcastle as that is a proper football ground 😁.

Joking aside, I have been to a lot of the football stadiums around the world and Hampden is fine. Nothing wrong with it.

DH1875
17-03-2022, 03:27 PM
Rangers can't play the Saturday because they will probably still be in Europe.
Glasgow is an hour away at most for most of our fans going to the game. Duck knows what we would do if we lived in a bigger country.
Ticket prices are less than what you pay to get into ER for the game.
Murryfield debate comes up all the time for these games. Never happened then and not happening now.

Anything else?

There is.
I prefer the east stand over the west stand. Like the big open bit at the back of the stand where you can stretch your legs and meet your mates at half time.