View Full Version : Chelsea seek sporting integrity

MKHIBEE
15-03-2022, 12:03 PM
Chelsea looking to play Cup game behind closed doors

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60747640

Stubbsy90+2
15-03-2022, 12:05 PM
:faf:

I presume they’ll want to play the rest of their league games behind closed doors?

Scottie
15-03-2022, 12:06 PM
Tell ‘em to **** right off. Playing with stolen Russian money for 20 years or so. Suck it up English huns.

Mantis Toboggan
15-03-2022, 12:08 PM
Will be laughed out the Boro boardroom

MKHIBEE
15-03-2022, 12:13 PM
Tell ‘em to **** right off. Playing with stolen Russian money for 20 years or so. Suck it up English huns.

Thats my take on it, and they can hand back all the trophies they won as well.

Bostonhibby
15-03-2022, 12:24 PM
Still taking the piss then.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Mantis Toboggan
15-03-2022, 12:37 PM
That went well

https://mobile.twitter.com/alexwickham/status/1503720111538319360?t=7qTYJm-4hSNB5zulZEmYnA&s=08

CropleyWasGod
15-03-2022, 12:40 PM
That went well

https://mobile.twitter.com/alexwickham/status/1503720111538319360?t=7qTYJm-4hSNB5zulZEmYnA&s=08

I didn't see anything "threatening" in Chelsea's statement TBF.

worcesterhibby
15-03-2022, 12:55 PM
An argument between our Tory Government and the Russian owned puppet football club that is Chelsea is basically the utterly corrupt arguing with the utterly corrupted.

Bobby's Cinema
15-03-2022, 01:07 PM
That really is laughable. Horrible club.

DIXIHIBS
15-03-2022, 01:17 PM
What a nerve. Cant believe they are asking for no fans.

Haymaker
15-03-2022, 01:34 PM
Team that asked for a European Super League has the cheek to talk Sporting Integrity

Since452
15-03-2022, 01:36 PM
Team that asked for a European Super League has the cheek to talk Sporting Integrity

Yup. Get them in the bin.

Green Badger
15-03-2022, 01:37 PM
Very hun like behaviour.

JeMeSouviens
15-03-2022, 01:44 PM
Boro chairman Steve Gibson: “Chelsea and sporting integrity do not belong in the same sentence.” :agree:

Sioux
15-03-2022, 02:05 PM
Boro chairman Steve Gibson: “Chelsea and sporting integrity do not belong in the same sentence.” :agree:

Half the net ticket sales are payable to Chelski per FA rules, similar to Scottish cup ties.

They would have a case if the FA refused to adhere to their own competition rules. If the Govt step in and ensured that Chelski can't benefit financially from gate receipts, where does that money go? I'd bet there is no default clause in the FA rules to deal with that. The FA will probably say that they'll give the share to charity (Ukraine) and be held up as the greater of the good - heads up their own erses sort of thing.

Maybe the English football dominoes are beginning to fall based on it's own greed.

Bristolhibby
15-03-2022, 02:30 PM
Half the net ticket sales are payable to Chelski per FA rules, similar to Scottish cup ties.

They would have a case if the FA refused to adhere to their own competition rules. If the Govt step in and ensured that Chelski can't benefit financially from gate receipts, where does that money go? I'd bet there is no default clause in the FA rules to deal with that. The FA will probably say that they'll give the share to charity (Ukraine) and be held up as the greater of the good - heads up their own erses sort of thing.

Maybe the English football dominoes are beginning to fall based on it's own greed.

Stick it in the pot and share Chelsea’s half amount at the remaining clubs.

Or just hold onto it.

CropleyWasGod
15-03-2022, 02:53 PM

The same will apply to Chelsea's income from UEFA.

jacomo
15-03-2022, 03:03 PM

:agree:

Sporting integrity meant little to them when they won the gangster oligarch lottery.

jacomo
15-03-2022, 03:07 PM
That went well

Gotta say, I don’t quite understand the ticketing situation.

How hard is it to stipulate that all money earned by the club between now and the end of the season stays with the club and doesn’t get siphoned off by Abramovich? Isn’t that the point of these sanctions?

Lendo
15-03-2022, 03:12 PM
They’ve gone from a football club to a comedy club.

CropleyWasGod
15-03-2022, 03:20 PM
A couple of clarifications:-

1. They can still benefit from prize money this season.

2. The stuff about RA being disqualified from being a director of the club. As far as I can see, he never has been :rolleyes:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12564033/roman-abramovich-chelsea-owner-disqualified-as-director-by-premier-league-board

CropleyWasGod
15-03-2022, 03:21 PM
Gotta say, I don’t quite understand the ticketing situation.

How hard is it to stipulate that all money earned by the club between now and the end of the season stays with the club and doesn’t get siphoned off by Abramovich? Isn’t that the point of these sanctions?

Not sure how you would ensure that, without putting a Government rep in to monitor it.

CropleyWasGod
15-03-2022, 04:48 PM
Request now withdrawn.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60757919

Pagan Hibernia
15-03-2022, 04:51 PM
Chickens coming home to roost like they always do in the end.

Billy Whizz
15-03-2022, 05:01 PM
Request now withdrawn.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60757919

Probably given a ticking off

neil7908
15-03-2022, 10:26 PM
They are swiftly turning into England's version of the Huns. I hope they go bust.

Haymaker
16-03-2022, 02:15 AM
They are swiftly turning into England's version of the Huns. I hope they go bust.

They always have been?

theonlywayisup
16-03-2022, 05:04 AM
I know it's been highlighted before, but the comments below really need to be on the ticker tape feed of every news outlet.

Middlesbrough chairman Steve Gibson stated "Chelsea and sporting integrity do not belong in the same sentence".

"Where is the intellect of Bruce Buck, the chairman of Chelsea, who has been an apologist for his owner, where the trophies won over 19 years have come from the corrupt money provided by Abramovich?" Gibson added.

"Where is the intellect of the chairman of Chelsea when it comes to playing his games at home in front of his season-ticket holders? Does he want to play all his away games at empty stadiums?

"Abramovich has been kicked out of football and Bruce Buck should be kicked out of football too."

:applause::applause::applause:

MKHIBEE
16-03-2022, 09:42 AM
I know it's been highlighted before, but the comments below really need to be on the ticker tape feed of every news outlet.

Middlesbrough chairman Steve Gibson stated "Chelsea and sporting integrity do not belong in the same sentence".

"Where is the intellect of Bruce Buck, the chairman of Chelsea, who has been an apologist for his owner, where the trophies won over 19 years have come from the corrupt money provided by Abramovich?" Gibson added.

"Where is the intellect of the chairman of Chelsea when it comes to playing his games at home in front of his season-ticket holders? Does he want to play all his away games at empty stadiums?

"Abramovich has been kicked out of football and Bruce Buck should be kicked out of football too."

Not unless the words “ continually exhibit a complete lack of any semblance of ” are placed between Chelsea and sporting

Dr What If?
16-03-2022, 10:09 AM
Something I have learned through my professional life is that the assumption that the guys at the top must be cleaver is way off the mark.....what was Buck thinking? His club have been sanctioned by UEFA for breaching practically non existent fair play rules and have a full trophy cabinet paid for by blood stained Russian money.
At best he just made Chelsea a joke club, at worst the Government could have pulled the plug on their playing license. What is for sure is they have increased the feeling of ill will much of English football will be feeling towards them.

Sylar
16-03-2022, 10:21 AM
I can say without any hesitation that I hope Chelsea are the first in a chain reaction that bursts the financial bubble of corruption in the EPL. Corrupt money buying trophies and success isn't a uniquely Chelsea problem down south.

weecounty hibby
16-03-2022, 10:52 AM
I can say without any hesitation that I hope Chelsea are the first in a chain reaction that bursts the financial bubble of corruption in the EPL. Corrupt money buying trophies and success isn't a uniquely Chelsea problem down south.

I agree with your sentiments but it's also not a uniquely English issue. We have had some very dubious characters owning clubs in Scotland and just look at other European clubs as well.

Fuzzywuzzy
16-03-2022, 11:10 AM
I agree with your sentiments but it's also not a uniquely English issue. We have had some very dubious characters owning clubs in Scotland and just look at other European clubs as well.

What was baffling was one club here being owned by several questionable individuals in a short space of time and it being deemed that everything is ok. It's crazy

degenerated
16-03-2022, 11:25 AM
What was baffling was one club here being owned by several questionable individuals in a short space of time and it being deemed that everything is ok. It's crazyMercer, Crust Robinson and Romanov? :greengrin

Saint Hibee
16-03-2022, 11:36 AM
Well, the Boro chairman didn’t hold back, Chelsea got telt!

lugz
16-03-2022, 11:46 AM
As the resident Chelsea fan, I think it was a bloody silly thing to request and once they’ve realised how silly it was they’ve withdrew it.
As for the huns of England I hate the connection (I understand where it comes from and it’s something I can’t stand).
With regards to Roman and his money, I’ll forever be thankful for his input, regardless of where it came from. Over the last 20 years Chelsea fans have experienced more than 99% of football fans will experience in their lives. Any team, any country at that time would have welcomed Roman with open arms and gladly took his money. As a fan I’m just hopeful things work out and Chelsea get a good new owner and can remain competitive at the top of English football.

A Hi-Bee
16-03-2022, 12:00 PM
As the resident Chelsea fan, I think it was a bloody silly thing to request and once they’ve realised how silly it was they’ve withdrew it.
As for the huns of England I hate the connection (I understand where it comes from and it’s something I can’t stand).
With regards to Roman and his money, I’ll forever be thankful for his input, regardless of where it came from. Over the last 20 years Chelsea fans have experienced more than 99% of football fans will experience in their lives. Any team, any country at that time would have welcomed Roman with open arms and gladly took his money. As a fan I’m just hopeful things work out and Chelsea get a good new owner and can remain competitive at the top of English football.

Just hope that they and the former owner get everything they really deserve.

Malthibby
16-03-2022, 07:11 PM

Sorry but the Hun resemblance is unavoidable. The Rangers are a new club & shouldn't be able to bleat about 55 or whatever - not a watcher of English footie but Chelsea should lose every title & cup won during the Russian's time.

lugz
16-03-2022, 07:35 PM
Sorry but the Hun resemblance is unavoidable. The Rangers are a new club & shouldn't be able to bleat about 55 or whatever - not a watcher of English footie but Chelsea should lose every title & cup won during the Russian's time.

Its madness that you've typed that out, re read and still thought yeah I'll post it hahaha.

Alan62
17-03-2022, 08:49 AM
With regards to Roman and his money, I’ll forever be thankful for his input, regardless of where it came from.

This is the moral blindspot that football fans of many persuasions have suffered in the last few decades. Our pink chums over the road were the same with Mr. Romanov who was picking pensioners' pockets the whole time he was at Hearts. The Man City crowd don't care whether the billions squandered on Pep's Intergalactic All-Stars would have been better spent on fair wages and conditions for the millions of migrant workers who are routinely exploited in the United Arab Emirates.

Personally, I wouldn't want it. It isn't real success because you know it's always there. Deep down, Hearts fans know they were cheating. So do the Chelsea fans and so do so many others whose shifty owners dabble in organised crime. You can try to ignore it but it's always there.

oldbutdim
17-03-2022, 08:53 AM

Should it not be “integrity” rather than “intellect” in each sentence?

AugustaHibs
17-03-2022, 09:03 AM

Chelsea should lose all the trophies they’ve won under Abramovich hahaahahah!

Why would that be?

Since452
17-03-2022, 09:57 AM
I hope we don't have to hand back the cash we got for big Gary O. Quick Petrie, hide the evidence!

Malthibby
17-03-2022, 11:21 AM
Its madness that you've typed that out, re read and still thought yeah I'll post it hahaha.

Aye, maybe got bit carried away - just detest the insane amounts of money in footie & the folk who put it there.....

Scotty Leither
17-03-2022, 11:52 AM

I wish one of our Scottish Media “journalists” had called out the The Rangers’ tribute act, or Romanov’s 3-ring circus in Gorgie in similar fashion during their financially doped periods.

(Pauses to observe pigs flying past windae.)

The Baldmans Comb
17-03-2022, 12:41 PM
Is the blood money from the Russians any different to that the Saudi's or the Quatari's or the Emiraties.

English football sold its soul a long time ago but keep paying these Sky subscriptions and tut tuting at the illegal wars, murders of opponents and mass executions.

The Saudi's chopped off 81 heids at the weekend and even knocked off another 3 when the English leader was in town scrounging for oil.

Source: Alex Thomson Channel 4 News and Newcastle Utd fan.

Bostonhibby
17-03-2022, 12:55 PM
Is the blood money from the Russians any different to that the Saudi's or the Quatari's or the Emiraties.

English football sold its soul a long time ago but keep paying these Sky subscriptions and tut tuting at the illegal wars, murders of opponents and mass executions.

The Saudi's chopped off 81 heids at the weekend and even knocked off another 3 when the English leader was in town scrounging for oil.

Source: Alex Thomson Channel 4 News and Newcastle Utd fan.Nope, football authorities and many of its fans aren't too bothered about the likely sources of the funds or the past, present or future conduct of their owners. Not unique, other sports principles and mission statements etc.can be put to one side if the price is right.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

jacomo
17-03-2022, 03:25 PM
Chelsea should lose all the trophies they’ve won under Abramovich hahaahahah!

Why would that be?

Because they were bought with stolen money? We should take away Hearts 2012 Scottish Cup win too, for the same reason.

Obviously this won’t ever happen, but the fact you consider the idea laughable just shows how deep corruption goes.

lugz
17-03-2022, 05:48 PM
Aye, maybe got bit carried away - just detest the insane amounts of money in footie & the folk who put it there.....

Fair. Modern day football really is a shadow of its former self imo

AliboyFC
17-03-2022, 06:58 PM
Let's be honest it's only a minority of Chelsea fans that have a hunnish element about them. Most just want to support their club. There is even multiple Irish chelsea supporters clubs which would never be accepted by the huns.

Pagan Hibernia
17-03-2022, 07:05 PM
Let's be honest it's only a minority of Chelsea fans that have a hunnish element about them. Most just want to support their club. There is even multiple Irish chelsea supporters clubs which would never be accepted by the huns.

I walked through a loyalist area of belfast yesterday and saw a sticker on a lamppost saying ‘South Dublin Rangers Supporters Club’.

strange but true.

Pagan Hibernia
17-03-2022, 07:06 PM
Mercer, Crust Robinson and Romanov? :greengrin

you can now add the deranged residents of kickback to that dodgy list.

AliboyFC
17-03-2022, 07:12 PM
I walked through a loyalist area of belfast yesterday and saw a sticker on a lamppost saying ‘South Dublin Rangers Supporters Club’.

strange but true.

That Is strange. They are probably loyalist that live in Dublin but idk.