PDA

View Full Version : Semi Final draw - Hearts v Hibs

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

bingo70
13-03-2022, 05:16 PM
If we assume Celtic best Dundee Utd and they’re not an option, who do you want in the next round?

I know the logical answer is Hearts but I can’t ignore our record against them there and that worries me. I can’t be doing with losing to those *******s again so soon and if I’m honest, they’re a better side than us just now.

In saying that, Rangers and Celtic will likely both beat us as well.

Not sure why but I’m leaning towards wanting Celtic. Nearly beat them in the final and think they could be there for the taking.

Sir David Gray
13-03-2022, 05:18 PM
Rangers will probably get through their current European tie and will therefore have their Europa League quarter final second leg 3 days before the semi final so I'm going for them - plus we have a great record against them at Hampden.

Billy Whizz
13-03-2022, 05:19 PM
If we assume Celtic best Dundee Utd and they’re not an option, who do you want in the next round?

I know the logical answer is Hearts but I can’t ignore our record against them there and that worries me. I can’t be doing with losing to those *******s again so soon and if I’m honest, they’re a better side than us just now.

In saying that, Rangers and Celtic will likely both beat us as well.

Not sure why but I’m leaning towards wanting Celtic. Nearly beat them in the final and think they could be there for the taking.

I’d much rather have Rangers than Celtic, our record against them in semi finals is excellent
As I said on another thread, I want Hearts please
If Celtic get through, will look like there will 2 full houses. A huge financial boost for Hibs

Bristolhibby
13-03-2022, 05:20 PM
When is the draw?

J

Billy Whizz
13-03-2022, 05:21 PM
When is the draw?

J

Tomorrow night after Dundee Utd v Celtic. Greg Hemphill is doing the draw

Mikey_1875
13-03-2022, 05:21 PM
I want a crack at Hearts to try and put some wrongs right (whether this is the right squad to do it is another matter!) Celtic would probably be the one I would be least excited about.

Stokesy's on fire
13-03-2022, 05:23 PM
I want Celtic(if they go through) they are the best team in the country and if we can get them out in the semi then we can have a bash at one of the Hun teams

Greenbeard
13-03-2022, 05:26 PM
Tomorrow night after Dundee Utd v Celtic. Greg Hemphill is doing the draw
Get Sir Rod back. Best draw ever.

H18 SFR
13-03-2022, 05:40 PM
Anyone as long as it’s the Saturday 5:30pm kick off.

SlickShoes
13-03-2022, 05:43 PM
Rangers please

JamesHFC
13-03-2022, 05:44 PM
Dundee United, if not then Hearts.

HFC93
13-03-2022, 05:46 PM
Rangers please. Although I would love to take them on in the final.

JamesHFC
13-03-2022, 05:49 PM
Rangers please. Although I would love to take them on in the final.

I want revenge on Celtic in the final.

Jim44
13-03-2022, 05:50 PM
Rangers for me. We have a great chance of beating them at Hampden to get into the final. Also, I dread the Jambos winning the cup and think Celtic will see them off in the semi final. All we have to do is beat Rangers then Celtic ……. simples! :greengrin

Glory Lurker
13-03-2022, 05:52 PM
We're the team everyone else will want in the semi. That's how I like it. Whoever it is, 'mon then.

wookie70
13-03-2022, 05:58 PM
Rangers for me, they have had quite a few poor performances after Euro games. Not sure my mental health can take another defeat from Hearts at Hampden and if I am going to risk it I would rather there was a guaranteed cup at the other end.

Mcbizz1998
13-03-2022, 06:05 PM
I would be happy enough with the huns (big ones), as if we need to face Hearts, would prefer it be in the final.

HH81
13-03-2022, 06:16 PM
Anyone as long as it’s the Saturday 5:30pm kick off.

Is that confirmed? Don't they normally do lunchtime games in semi finals?

Billy Whizz
13-03-2022, 06:20 PM
Is that confirmed? Don't they normally do lunchtime games in semi finals?

Pre Covid, Saturday semi finals were 12.15pm KO’s I think

HH81
13-03-2022, 06:26 PM

Yes I remember although 5.30 would be ideal now for travelling up.

Hibs Class
13-03-2022, 06:29 PM
Pressure is all on rangers, haven’t won the cup since they died and so this is their next big one, and we've seen plenty times that they lack bottle in the big games when under pressure.

Onion
13-03-2022, 06:30 PM
Our Hamden record against Celtic and Hearts is wretched. Huns for me, given they'll be all out for the League and a lot of tough Euro games head. They don't like it up em at Hampden from the Hibs :greengrin

DH1875
13-03-2022, 07:08 PM
Hearts in the semi. That way if they did beat us, one of the uglies can do them.

Diclonius
13-03-2022, 07:09 PM
United or Rangers.

Billy Whizz
13-03-2022, 07:11 PM
Easter weekend too

Silky
13-03-2022, 07:13 PM
Hearts in the semi. That way if they did beat us, one of the uglies can do them.

Rangers for me. I can't be doing with all the "Maloney out" crap that will undoubtedly follow if Hearts beat us, which going by our Hampben record against them, they probably will.

Waxy
13-03-2022, 07:26 PM
We’re due to beat Celtic and hearts at Hampden.
Names on the cup.

dcm89
13-03-2022, 07:47 PM
Quite happy with Dundee Utd in Semi and the rangers in the final ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crab apple
13-03-2022, 07:49 PM
I'd love to get the minis in the Final in order to right some wrongs. For the semi I'd like their big brothers as we have a great recent record against them at Hampden.

davy67 +
13-03-2022, 08:10 PM
Rangers in the semis. Celtic in the final

Dashing Bob S
13-03-2022, 08:15 PM
The Huns are practically a bye for us.

We never show up against Celtic and have a great talent for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory against even the most mediocre Hearts sides.

davy67 +
13-03-2022, 08:24 PM
The Huns are practically a bye for us.

We never show up against Celtic and have a great talent for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory against even the most mediocre Hearts sides.

Thats why ld prefer to avoid The Jambos Hate the tought of losing to them and them crowing over us

Glory Lurker
13-03-2022, 08:30 PM
Not having any of this "fear of the jambos" guff,btw. What's past results at Hampden involving not one player on either side today got to do with anything? Bring 'em.

hibbysam
13-03-2022, 09:28 PM
Be 4 good teams in the semi, no game will be easy so take who we get. Hearts the easiest, rangers will have Europe, and we’ve competed well against Celtic. Been far from easy our run so far.

Pagan Hibernia
13-03-2022, 09:46 PM
Thats why ld prefer to avoid The Jambos Hate the tought of losing to them and them crowing over us

I love the thought of beating them at hampden. That’ll be one of the many derby stats they like to throw at us binned forever. Then we can start working on some of the other ones… like them having a winning record at Easter Road…

if we lose to them again, yeah it’ll be another sore one, but you know what life will go on like it always has. It is only football and banter at the end of the day.

Nicho87
13-03-2022, 10:13 PM
Hearts

Jones28
13-03-2022, 10:20 PM
We have to beat either hearts and one of them or both of them to win the cup. If it’s going to happen I’d quite like to beat hearts, it’s traditional.

Col2
13-03-2022, 10:29 PM
Hearts
Rangers
Celtic

In that priority order.

Alex Trager
14-03-2022, 06:47 AM
We’re due to beat Celtic and hearts at Hampden.
Names on the cup.

Agree. Well over due on both accounts

No fear re the JT’s. Dini buy it personally, think we will beat them.

They are supremely confident

FilipinoHibs
14-03-2022, 06:51 AM
Bring on the Gorgie thieves. Time we beat them at Hampden.

LancsHibs
14-03-2022, 06:55 AM
The easiest team in the draw please…………………..
Oh hang on that’s us:hilarious

we are hibs
14-03-2022, 06:58 AM
Hearts aren't that good. Played us twice this season and haven't beaten us despite us being in a pretty bad place 2nd time around. We couldve beaten them twice too if we had a wee bit of luck with a couple of efforts at goal. We will hopefully have another 3 or 4 back by mid April also which would help us massively. With a big Hibs support there i reckon it would make a difference just like yesterday when the crowd helped the team over the line

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

chrisski33
14-03-2022, 07:14 AM
I want to avoid Hearts in either semi or the final tbh and just hope they dont reach the final

lord bunberry
14-03-2022, 07:54 AM
Hearts
Rangers
Celtic

In that priority order.
Same for me, out of that 3 hearts are by far the weakest team. Rangers will have an eye on Europe and obviously we have a good record against them so that’s the second choice.

Tambo
14-03-2022, 07:56 AM
If and they probably will get through then I think who ever plays Celtic will be on premier.

Libby Hibby
14-03-2022, 08:04 AM
Bring oan the Hertz

lord bunberry
14-03-2022, 08:06 AM
I want to avoid Hearts in either semi or the final tbh and just hope they dont reach the final
I want us to win it, so hearts in the semi and rangers in the final.

Billy Whizz
14-03-2022, 09:29 AM
Reading in one of the red tops online, if Celtic win tonight, the 4 teams in the semi final, Hibs Rangers, Hearts and Celtic, have never ever been in a semi final together
Quite an incredible stat

Stubbsy90+2
14-03-2022, 09:35 AM
You can guarantee if we get Hearts that Gordon will have the game of his life.

Still the easiest draw though.

Zondervan
14-03-2022, 09:36 AM

Think that was when Sky/BBC still had the contract?

Premier Sports seem to prefer the later KO times so hopefully this is the case for these games. Last year they were 1600 on the Saturday and 1415 on the Sunday.

JamesHFC
14-03-2022, 09:41 AM
You can guarantee if we get Hearts that Gordon will have the game of his life.

Still the easiest draw though.

He’s due a blunder against us.

Billy Whizz
14-03-2022, 09:42 AM
Think that was when Sky/BBC still had the contract?

Premier Sports seem to prefer the later KO times so hopefully this is the case for these games. Last year they were 1600 on the Saturday and 1415 on the Sunday.

Are we still allowed to play at 4pm on a Saturday

I'm Spartacus
14-03-2022, 09:42 AM
Rangers for me, with the view their Euro run is a complete distraction.

I'm Spartacus
14-03-2022, 09:45 AM
Rangers for me, with the view their Euro run is a complete distraction.

And I want us to be the first game, I want us to pump Rangers at 12 noon on a Saturday and let the mini-huns sweat it out in a panic for 15 hours.

Billy Whizz
14-03-2022, 09:53 AM
And I want us to be the first game, I want us to pump Rangers at 12 noon on a Saturday and let the mini-huns sweat it out in a panic for 15 hours.

If Rangers are still in Europe after Thursday, they’ll be playing on the Thursday previous, so whoever they get will be played on the Sunday

Presume as this is an SFA tournament rather than SPFL, 50/50 allocations will be in place?

Zondervan
14-03-2022, 10:04 AM
Are we still allowed to play at 4pm on a Saturday

Think so, as all clubs able to broadcast their 3pm league games still?

davhibby
14-03-2022, 10:47 AM
Think so, as all clubs able to broadcast their 3pm league games still?

Not to England though so think it would be half 5 if the Saturday is an evening game. Can’t see that being allowed if it was a derby but think we could end up with that if it was Celtic/United

Waxy
14-03-2022, 11:19 AM
Hibs hearts Rangers Celtic have never all been in the Scottish cup semis at the same time before i heard earlier.
Surprising.

Pretty Boy
14-03-2022, 11:24 AM
Rangers.

Our record against them at Hampden is very good, including this season obviously.

It also seems to be the one game you can almost guarantee Hibs will raise their game for. There are exceptions but in recent times we almost always seem to turn up v them (a humping apiece under Heckingbottom and Ross being the exception).

JXM73
14-03-2022, 12:30 PM
We'll be the underdogs, no matter what robbie replay says...

Play whoever, if we win enjoy it...

Springbank
14-03-2022, 12:44 PM
Could be back to back Edinburgh derbies.

Tynecastle for the last game before the split, Hampden to get to the cup final

My gut feel is some 2016 vibes.

Hibs v Dundee Utd (or Celtic), Hearts v Rangers.

And the jambos have never beaten Rangers at Hampden, so, it's (Ewan) Henderson to deliver...

B.H.F.C
14-03-2022, 12:46 PM
Hopefully Dundee Utd. Failing that, bring on Hearts.

Keith_M
14-03-2022, 01:10 PM
Rangers.

Our record against them at Hampden is very good, including this season obviously.

It also seems to be the one game you can almost guarantee Hibs will raise their game for. There are exceptions but in recent times we almost always seem to turn up v them (a humping apiece under Heckingbottom and Ross being the exception).

We haven't lost to Rangers at Hampden since June 1979.

That's some record

danhibees1875
14-03-2022, 01:14 PM
Could be back to back Edinburgh derbies.

Tynecastle for the last game before the split, Hampden to get to the cup final

My gut feel is some 2016 vibes.

Hibs v Dundee Utd (or Celtic), Hearts v Rangers.

And the jambos have never beaten Rangers at Hampden, so, it's (Ewan) Henderson to deliver...

Could be three in a row if we make the top 6 then!

I'd rather we played Celtic.

Oscar T Grouch
14-03-2022, 02:16 PM
If Celtc get through then I would prefer to only meet one of the erse cheeks on the way to lifting the cup, so ideally hearts in the semi and the huns in the final, to deny them for the 2nd time, lifting the trophy for the 1st time in their existence. I think it maybe two Edinburgh vs Glasgow semi's, in that case it doesn't matter, we'd need to beat both to win the cup and snatch the group stage Euro place from under the jambos nose.

Dashing Bob S
14-03-2022, 02:19 PM
Hearts in the semi, Dundee United in the final

gbhibby
14-03-2022, 02:28 PM
If Celtc get through then I would prefer to only meet one of the erse cheeks on the way to lifting the cup, so ideally hearts in the semi and the huns in the final, to deny them for the 2nd time, lifting the trophy for the 1st time in their existence. I think it maybe two Edinburgh vs Glasgow semi's, in that case it doesn't matter, we'd need to beat both to win the cup and snatch the group stage Euro place from under the jambos nose.
Beat me to it Oscar. What an end to a season that would be and more than £5m guaranteed money next season.

Ronniekirk
14-03-2022, 03:08 PM
Reading in one of the red tops online, if Celtic win tonight, the 4 teams in the semi final, Hibs Rangers, Hearts and Celtic, have never ever been in a semi final together
Quite an incredible stat

Yes saw that and didn’t believe it lol but then Hearts don’t get to Hampden as often as us [emoji848]

loanheadhibby
14-03-2022, 03:13 PM
Hopefully Dundee Utd. Failing that, bring on Hearts.
I know I'm being negative but do we have the players to beat Hearts at Hampden?
I would imagine the other three would take us but my order of preference is Rangers, Celtic and Hearts.
I realise I'm presuming Celtic win tonight.

MWHIBBIES
14-03-2022, 03:13 PM
Quite an incredible stat

Assume that is scottish cup only? because it has happened in the league cup, 2 years ago.

B.H.F.C
14-03-2022, 04:38 PM
I would imagine the other three would take us but my order of preference is Rangers, Celtic and Hearts.

I know we have a good record against The Rangers at Hampden but I still think we’d have a much better chance of beating Hearts than them. Been absolutely nothing between us and them in the games this season. If we get The Rangers and they turn up, they more than likely beat us.

Since90+2
14-03-2022, 04:46 PM

Celtic and Rangers are by far and away the best sides in the league. The league table doesn't lie, if we don't have the players to beat Hearts I don't see the logic as to why we'd have the players to beat 2 superior teams to them.

MWHIBBIES
14-03-2022, 04:59 PM

Yes, we do. They also have the players to beat us. Two 0-0 draws shows how little there is between the sides.

ahibby
14-03-2022, 05:49 PM
Yes, we do. They also have the players to beat us. Two 0-0 draws shows how little there is between the sides.

I agree. If we have everyone available other than KN then I dont care who we get.

ballengeich
14-03-2022, 06:26 PM
Quite an incredible stat
It's surprising. I did a quick calculation on how often it would happen if the four never lost to anyone else and came up with around every nine years.

loanheadhibby
14-03-2022, 06:28 PM
Celtic and Rangers are by far and away the best sides in the league. The league table doesn't lie, if we don't have the players to beat Hearts I don't see the logic as to why we'd have the players to beat 2 superior teams to them.
As I stated it's the thought of losing to Hearts again at Hampden that worries me.
I'm being negative I know.

hibsbollah
14-03-2022, 06:30 PM
Hibs hearts Rangers Celtic have never all been in the Scottish cup semis at the same time before i heard earlier.
Surprising.

I didn’t think it was right when I heard the same but apparently it is the case, very surprising. I suppose the sheep and Arabs were often in semis too

SJNB Hibby
14-03-2022, 06:53 PM
I didn’t think it was right when I heard the same but apparently it is the case, very surprising. I suppose the sheep and Arabs were often in semis too

Maybe it's a sign that Selleck will lose the night

Leith Green
14-03-2022, 06:54 PM
As I stated it's the thought of losing to Hearts again at Hampden that worries me.
I'm being negative I know.

I actually think they would be ****ting themselves a lot more than us. They have more to lose , if they lost especially in the final to us it would ruin their lives 😂 Its all they have gone on about for ten years , be the same for another ten unless …… 😛

We have actually moved on quite well as a club since 2012 final , our derby record has improved massively and we have won the Scottish cup ourselves, enjoying our best attendances at easter road season on season .. We took it on the chin and have moved on. Them losing to us in a cup final would have them walking away in their droves

Mikey
14-03-2022, 06:56 PM
Presumably it'll be on Radio Scotland as well as Premier Sports?

Diclonius
14-03-2022, 06:59 PM

There's also Neilson's blind spot when it comes to us.

I'd still rather play Rangers though. Don't want to give them a shot at four in a row with the relative strength of the two teams right now.

Sir David Gray
14-03-2022, 07:41 PM
Surprising.

I only went back to the 99/00 season and got bored but there's been three of them in the semis on five occasions in that time.

Incredible that it's never happened.

JamesHFC
14-03-2022, 08:01 PM
Give us Hearts. The Elias Melkersen derby is upon us.

Billy Whizz
14-03-2022, 08:03 PM
I’m presuming the draw numbers will be in alphabetical order

1 Dundee Utd/Celtic
2 Hearts
3 Hibernian
4 The Rangers

Aldo
14-03-2022, 08:08 PM
The powers that be will be desperate for an all Glasgow Team final.

With that in mind we will draw Celtic.

BS44
14-03-2022, 08:24 PM
How soon should we expect which day's either semi is getting played? I work shifts and it makes thing's a bit easier if I can give the work plenty notice

B.H.F.C
14-03-2022, 08:33 PM
How soon should we expect which day's either semi is getting played? I work shifts and it makes thing's a bit easier if I can give the work plenty notice

Rangers likely to be the Sunday as they’re likely to be in Europe on the Thursday night.

HibeeHibernian4
14-03-2022, 08:34 PM

Rangers usually seem to get the sunday and if it was celtic vs rangers in the other semi final that would probably be sunday.

Andymac85
14-03-2022, 08:39 PM
We will draw Celtic, I’d put good money on it.

cabbageandribs1875
14-03-2022, 08:40 PM
i've just done my own wee draw

Hibs v Sevco
Sellick v Sparryheids

when/where is the other draw taking place ?

JOD
14-03-2022, 08:41 PM
I want the Herts.
Time to take them oot.

Sir David Gray
14-03-2022, 08:45 PM
Rangers usually seem to get the sunday and if it was celtic vs rangers in the other semi final that would probably be sunday.

Rangers will definitely be the Sunday assuming they see off Red Star Belgrade as the second leg of the quarter finals is 3 days before the semi.

Sir David Gray
14-03-2022, 08:45 PM
Here we go.

Carheenlea
14-03-2022, 08:46 PM
Could do with getting on with the draw. Struggling to stay awake listening to The Pat Bonner Show on Radio Scotland.

Sir David Gray
14-03-2022, 08:46 PM
I’m presuming the draw numbers will be in alphabetical order

1 Dundee Utd/Celtic
2 Hearts
3 Hibernian
4 The Rangers

That's correct.

hibee_girl
14-03-2022, 08:47 PM
Celtic v Rangers

Sir David Gray
Celtic v Rangers
Hibs v Hearts

LunasBoots
Hearts

hibee_girl
Hearts v Hibs

Andymac85
14-03-2022, 08:48 PM
Bring it on.

JimBHibees
Yes yes yes yes:thumbsup:

cabbageandribs1875
we're even the away team :(

B.H.F.C
Bring the ***** on. Nothing else matters this season now. Just ****ing beat them Hibs.

Heisenberg
Best chance of getting to the final. Bring it on.

JamesHFC
Bloody beautiful.

Cat Stanton
Oh god...

truehibernian
14-03-2022, 08:49 PM
Get in !!!!! Great draw 👌

HH81
Get in there

Sir David Gray
Two derbies in a row - we play at Tynecastle the previous weekend.

JohnM1875
Actually already buzzing for this.

GreenCastle
Hearts away 2 weeks in a row!

Dalianwanda
brilliant ggtth

GRA
Weakest team in the draw.. overdue a win against them there. Bring it on.

Ronniekirk
14-03-2022, 08:50 PM
Time Fir Heroes No doubt they will say they should have bigger split re tickets

Tommy75
No wonder we have such a bad record against them. Some absolute s**te bags in our support.

Aldo
I’ll take that!

JamesHFC
14-03-2022, 08:51 PM
Extremely likely to be the Saturday. Hopefully the evening, make a good day of it.

where'stheslope
Its the greatest draw if we win it!
Its the worst draw if we lose!
One game winner takes all!!!!

cannastar
thought wed get hearts think we take care of them granted a strong ref to stop them kicking us off the park.

Jack Hackett
14-03-2022, 08:52 PM
Eyes on the Prize... beat them, European Group Stage.

No Pressure then :greengrin:greengrin

JamesHFC
14-03-2022, 08:52 PM
Two derbies back to back, mayhem.

J-C
14-03-2022, 08:53 PM
Best draw we could have, bring it on.

CmoantheHibs
14-03-2022, 08:53 PM
Wow what a draw that is.Can’t wait.

Pagan Hibernia
14-03-2022, 08:54 PM
I wanted hearts.., but now I feel sick

where'stheslope
14-03-2022, 08:54 PM

Only the winners of the cup go into group stages, if winners win the league then it goes to 3rd place team!!!!

Hibs90
14-03-2022, 08:55 PM
Make it break time for Maloney.

These two games are huge.

Leith Green
Lets get the tickets sold , get behind the team… Time for some revenge

IberianHibernian
Best draw possible . Hopefully win semi after making top 6 so we have two chances of Europe .

Carheenlea
Best chance of making the final - got to be happy with that. Something to look forward to :flag:

JamesHFC
14-03-2022, 08:56 PM

These are the games you want as a player and manager. Chance to stamp your mark. Let’s go 🏆

1875godsgift
14-03-2022, 08:56 PM
Smokin' :gun:

S4uzee
14-03-2022, 08:57 PM
Hopefully have a few players back by then

Phil MaGlass
Nae chance, were no good enuff tae beat any of them at the moment, unless we can get our injured players back. Sorry but thats my honest opinion.

davy67 +
Hopefully we will be looking forward to another Hampden appearance after this game :cup:

Broken Gnome
14-03-2022, 08:58 PM
We must sell every ticket given to us. Shouldn't be outnumbered by a single one of them.

Silky
14-03-2022, 08:59 PM

It's such a pity. I thought he was building something as well. Never mind. He tried.

Sir David Gray

Only if we win the cup.

The finalists haven't qualified for Europe for several years.

worcesterhibby
If we make top 6 that’s 3 derbys..three wins will end them as a club

Scotty Leither
14-03-2022, 09:00 PM
Hopefully have a few players back by then

Wonder if our injury list will suddenly improve? 😎

LaMotta
So a Saturday lunchtime KO on BBC? 12:15?

B.H.F.C
We must sell every ticket given to us. Shouldn't be outnumbered by a single one of them.

This. Players, staff and fans all have to go in to this with the mentality that we simply have to win this game. We all need to turn up.

Hibs90
It's such a pity. I thought he was building something as well. Never mind. He tried.

No way back with fans when you lose these types of games, as we have seen previously.

gbhibby
14-03-2022, 09:01 PM
Nae chance, were no good enuff tae beat any of them at the moment, unless we can get our injured players back. Sorry but thats my honest opinion.

Is your glass always half empty?

Ringothedog

Are we playing all 3 at the same time or only Hearts? We have over a month to get most of our players back, games like this we should be looking forward to, not dreading

cabbageandribs1875
so...

Hibs v Sellick final it is then

revenge for our LC final defeat earlier this season :cb

worcesterhibby
14-03-2022, 09:02 PM
Hoff Hat trick :agree:

CraigHibee
**** the hearts

davhibby
Hibs v Rangers final on 21st May anyone?

Sir David Gray
14-03-2022, 09:03 PM
so...

Hibs v Sellick final it is then

revenge for our LC final defeat earlier this season :cb

I'd prefer it to be Hibs v Rangers again, with the final being on 21st May again. :greengrin

LunasBoots
14-03-2022, 09:03 PM

Nothing between the teams last two derbies. Got a chance

gbhibby
14-03-2022, 09:04 PM
Two wins away from the group stages in Europe, thats the big prize, also would deprive Hearts of that place. Get it done Hibs.

Since452
14-03-2022, 09:04 PM

Hearts should win both so all the pressure on them

1van Sprou7e
14-03-2022, 09:05 PM

Also we appear to actually have a striker now

JamesHFC
14-03-2022, 09:05 PM
Hibs v Rangers final on 21st May anyone?

The last time that happened, The Rangers beat Celtic on their way there and we beat their little brothers.

B.H.F.C
14-03-2022, 09:06 PM

Na. There is massive pressure on both teams. Particularly in the semi final. We have to beat them.

chrisski33
14-03-2022, 09:06 PM

What happens if we win at tynecastle though? Get too confident and lose semi? Lose at tynecastle and win semi? Lose both? Fk it we will win both!

LunasBoots
14-03-2022, 09:07 PM
Also we appear to actually have a striker now

And a few others back fit aswell, hopefully we can get a wee run going before it.

Radge70
14-03-2022, 09:08 PM
2 Saturday games v Hearts in a row. It's a disgrace!

Hibs90

We will need another couple performances like the last game and with some cutting edge.

I’d like to see Hanlon back for this one.

cabbageandribs1875
I'd prefer it to be Hibs v Rangers again, with the final being on 21st May again. :greengrin

law of averages dictates that Sevco will win their first ever SC final sometime....i'd rather leave that to another season where we can't possibly be a runner-up to them ;(

Stonewall
14-03-2022, 09:09 PM

can I get your semi final tickets please.

Greenworld
14-03-2022, 09:11 PM

These two games are huge.Rubbish nothing like make or break Hibs are a work in progress and if some of v our players return from injury we are every bit as good as hearts

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Jack Hackett
14-03-2022, 09:11 PM
Only the winners of the cup go into group stages, if winners win the league then it goes to 3rd place team!!!!

Only if we win the cup.

The finalists haven't qualified for Europe for several years.

Shows how out of touch I am... or getting the wrong info somewhere :rolleyes:

... Just have to win it then :agree:

Mcbizz1998
14-03-2022, 09:12 PM
Feel pretty chilled about this at the moment, bizarrely.

We will know more about how we will do nearer the time - will the Hoff be scoring regularly? who will be fit? will we be on a confidence boosting run?

DIXIHIBS
14-03-2022, 09:12 PM
We have got to go into the game with some belief. The 2006 semi we were beat before a ball was kicked. Not this time hibs.

Silky
14-03-2022, 09:13 PM
No way back with fans when you lose these types of games, as we have seen previously.

That's football, lose a Derby and it's that which defines the season. On the positive side, I suppose it means that whoever comes in after the semi can get away with a fairly mediocre season in order to transition and rebuild- so long as they register 4 victories against Hearts.

JamesHFC
14-03-2022, 09:14 PM
Clarke and Magennis back by then 🤞🏻

Mitchell and McGinn too.

HoboHarry
14-03-2022, 09:14 PM

Nonsense, no it isn't.

DIXIHIBS
14-03-2022, 09:15 PM
Take craig gordon out in the league game the week before!!

LunasBoots
14-03-2022, 09:15 PM
No reason whatsoever why we shouldn't be up for this, we've matched them in the last two derbies, they're hardly a team of world beaters, have every belief we absolutely can beat them at Hampden.

JamesHFC
14-03-2022, 09:17 PM
If a player got sent off in the derby the week before, would it carry over to the semi final?

SaulGoodman

Anyone got Dean Shiels’ number?

Green Reaper

I’d be more worried about them trying to take out Jasper or the Hoff, dirty *******

B.H.F.C
Nonsense, no it isn't.

I think it is. Lose to them at Hampden, some folk won’t forgive him.

It’s huge, we just need to beat them.

Sir David Gray
14-03-2022, 09:19 PM
If a player got sent off in the derby the week before, would it carry over to the semi final?

Only if it was violent conduct or serious foul play.

JimBHibees
14-03-2022, 09:20 PM

Any fans think like that are moronic

B.H.F.C
14-03-2022, 09:23 PM
Any fans think like that are moronic

A lot of folk do think that way though. It’s not really moronic, it’s just the importance that some place on this type of game. Flip it round the other way and the goodwill that beating them at a full Hampden would buy would be huge.

JamesHFC
14-03-2022, 09:25 PM
Only if it was violent conduct or serious foul play.

👍🏻

JimBHibees
14-03-2022, 09:26 PM
A lot of folk do think that way though. It’s not really moronic, it’s just the importance that some place on this type of game. Flip it round the other way and the goodwill that beating them at a full Hampden would buy would be huge.

Disagree a huge game no doubt however the bigger picture needs to be taken into account. Otherwise we just lurch from famine to feast on the back of one game. Way too reactionary imo.

wookie70
14-03-2022, 09:28 PM
On paper it is the best draw but I know my nerves will be shredded after the last 3 times. It is also a massive game for the manager. Getting defeated in these games usually comes back to haunt managers. I hope we have some players back and get the luck on the day and get to yet another final. So much resting on the game and with another derby so close and potentially another one just after there will be massive pressure on teams but particularly managers. Let's hope Robbie Replay does us a favour again

Mick O'Rourke
14-03-2022, 09:33 PM
Hoff Hat trick :agree:

Said Patrick to Michael ,where was it today
I went to old Hampden to see Hibs an hertz play
Along came The Hoff and he popped in 3 goals
Old Hampden erupted in Green White and Gold !!! :partyhibb:partyhibb:partyhibb

B.H.F.C
14-03-2022, 09:34 PM
Disagree a huge game no doubt however the bigger picture needs to be taken into account. Otherwise we just lurch from famine to feast on the back of one game. Way too reactionary imo.

Games like this are the bigger picture for me. Gives us the chance to achieve something (rather than talk about building towards achieving something).

The impact it can have either way is huge.

percy veer
14-03-2022, 09:35 PM
If robbie loses this that's him done they will never forgive him ... no pressure

Libby Hibby
14-03-2022, 09:36 PM
Bring them oan

Auckland Hibs
14-03-2022, 09:40 PM
What are the likely times for kick off for the semi finals?

JamesHFC
14-03-2022, 09:40 PM
If robbie loses this that's him done they will never forgive him ... no pressure

If they beat us in the semi final they will be guaranteed group stages of European football next season, assuming that 3rd is already wrapped up.

Let’s hope we snatch that from them.

14-03-2022, 09:42 PM
Tickets will be a 50/50 split and we will both sell out so no excuses for the SFA not to give whoever gets through the same allocation as Celtic or Rangers in the final.

Sir David Gray
14-03-2022, 09:44 PM
What are the likely times for kick off for the semi finals?

12.30pm on the Saturday for us I think.

Shrekko
14-03-2022, 09:45 PM

A lot of folk do think that way yes, but it is undeniably moronic.

There's no logic to it at all- we were the better team against them the last time for instance and if we'd scored a penalty we'd have gone on to win. It was hardly the managers fault- and the same could happen again. it would be ridiculous for Maloney to have "no way back" under those circumstances. For all we know he may have do his job perfectly but his players didn't perform... or the ref makes some mistakes etc etc.

B.H.F.C
14-03-2022, 09:47 PM
A lot of folk do think that way yes, but it is undeniably moronic.

There's no logic to it at all- we were the better team against them the last time for instance and if we'd scored a penalty we'd have gone on to win. It was hardly the managers fault- and the same could happen again. it would be ridiculous for Maloney to have "no way back" under those circumstances. For all we know he may have do his job perfectly but his players didn't perform... or the ref makes some mistakes etc etc.

You thinking Hibs fans are moronic is hardly a surprise.

Hopefully we just do the business this time round and all the morons can be moronic at a later date.

HibeeHibernian4
14-03-2022, 09:51 PM
12.30pm on the Saturday for us I think.

2020 semi final that never happened was going to be 12:15 on the saturday and I would say it's a stick on that it is that time again.

HendoDelivered
14-03-2022, 09:52 PM
We will sell out no problem 20 odd thousand for both sets of fans. Atmosphere will be insane. Bring it.

LunasBoots
14-03-2022, 09:54 PM
We will sell out no problem 20 odd thousand for both sets of fans. Atmosphere will be insane. Bring it.

Everyone who wants a ticket will get one, some will be put off by the poor kick off time imagine there will still be tickets left with a few days to go.

California-Hibs
14-03-2022, 09:54 PM
Absolutely delighted we've got them!! They'll come out with all their usual pis* and completely forget the reality of playing each other twice already and both being draws with next to nothing in it. It'll be another close game, but the Scottish Cup....Neilson in charge....pressurized game, I like that situation. Very 2016. C'mon Hibs, this wee mob haven't won the Scottish in 10 years! 😂😎

B.H.F.C
14-03-2022, 09:58 PM
Everyone who wants a ticket will get one, some will be put off by the poor kick off time imagine there will still be tickets left with a few days to go.

Really hope not. Think we need to do everything we can for this one.

For whatever reason I can’t remember much about 2012 but I can remember standing outside Hampden in 2006 feeling beaten before a ball was kicked. We didn’t turn up then standing outside and hearing the team was a proper ‘aw naw’ moment.

14-03-2022, 10:04 PM
I’d be more worried about them trying to take out Jasper or the Hoff, dirty *******

It's a safe bet they will, if Aberdeen haven't done it for them.

FilipinoHibs
14-03-2022, 10:14 PM
Really hope not. Think we need to do everything we can for this one.

For whatever reason I can’t remember much about 2012 but I can remember standing outside Hampden in 2006 feeling beaten before a ball was kicked. We didn’t turn up then standing outside and hearing the team was a proper ‘aw naw’ moment.

So many injuries and suspensions and Gary had just gone to Russia. Feel better about this one. Bring on the Gorgie thieves.

Carheenlea
14-03-2022, 10:17 PM

What time are folk realistically expecting? Half 12 on a Saturday lunchtime 40 miles along the road isn't a major upheaval in the grand scheme of schemes.

hibbysam
14-03-2022, 10:20 PM
Only downside is tickets will be extortionate because of the old firm semi - most likely £40 for the north/south. No excuses for not selling it out though, most likely 2 per season from the off. Semi final is always the best day out of the year, hopefully a decent kick off time.

B.H.F.C
14-03-2022, 10:21 PM
So many injuries and suspensions and Gary had just gone to Russia. Feel better about this one. Bring on the Gorgie thieves.

Been absolutely nothing between the teams. Even with something similar to what we had available yesterday, I’d expect it to be much the same. Hopefully we have more to choose from by the time it comes round. Everything needs to be geared towards having as strong a squad as possible available for this game, for me. Hopefully we can start getting some of the important ones that are missing back on the park over the next few games.

Montford
14-03-2022, 10:21 PM
Why does it have to be 1230
Surely should take precedence over league games
Or 5.15 on the Saturday evening would be better

SteveHFC
14-03-2022, 10:25 PM

5.15 on the Saturday would be mayhem.

hibbysam
14-03-2022, 10:27 PM

There are no Scottish Premiership games on Scottish cup weekend.

Sir David Gray
14-03-2022, 10:38 PM

5.15 on the Saturday probably won't be allowed on safety grounds.

Pagan Hibernia
14-03-2022, 10:41 PM
Replay’s done if we beat them here. 3rd place and euro group stage football or not.

the cardigan clad gorgie hordes will not accept another Cup defeat to Hibs under his watch, especially if it obliterates their hampden record against us

LunasBoots
14-03-2022, 10:48 PM

Gives time to prepare the stadium for the bigots the next day

LunasBoots
14-03-2022, 10:50 PM
What time are folk realistically expecting? Half 12 on a Saturday lunchtime 40 miles along the road isn't a major upheaval in the grand scheme of schemes.

In years gone by these kick off times have previously had a impact on the attendances in semi finals, fair enough you can get a supporter bus but trains etc will be a nightmare to get there with such a mad rush with two sets of the same cities supporters

davhibby
14-03-2022, 10:54 PM
In years gone by these kick off times have previously had a impact on the attendances in semi finals

We had almost 20k at the Aberdeen semi in 2017, I know that was obviously special circumstances but there’s no chance imo we don’t sell 21k or whatever the split is for this one

Pagan Hibernia
14-03-2022, 10:56 PM
We had almost 20k at the Aberdeen semi in 2017, I know that was obviously special circumstances but there’s no chance imo we don’t sell 21k or whatever the split is for this one

what was the special circumstances for aberdeen in 2017?

NAE NOOKIE
14-03-2022, 10:56 PM
Who the 'F' are we kidding? After a run of 8 games where we only scored two goals we struggled to beat a team who had 10 men for 90 minutes, aye a win is a win in the cup, but nobody can seriously say if Motherwell had equalised on Sunday they wouldn't have deserved it given how the second half went.

We are relying on a 19 year old kid with one full game under his belt to score now because Nisbet, who wasn't scoring anyway, is out for the season and Doidge is half the player he was before he got injured. We have a makeshift defence with no height other than Porteous, it's a bloody miracle the number of clean sheets they have kept recently and its the only positive about us at the moment.

I'm not trying to be funny, or wind anybody up, I seriously am not ...... but anybody who is seriously coming on here going 'bring it on' and making out that its 'our turn' is bloody kidding themselves .. I think it will be a miracle if we beat them. There I've said it .... see you at Hampden.

LunasBoots
14-03-2022, 10:57 PM
what was the special circumstances for aberdeen in 2017?

Winning the Cup the previous year? Lots of fans on a up from that?

B.H.F.C
14-03-2022, 11:01 PM
Who the 'F' are we kidding? After a run of 8 games where we only scored two goals we struggled to beat a team who had 10 men for 90 minutes, aye a win is a win in the cup, but nobody can seriously say if Motherwell had equalised on Sunday they wouldn't have deserved it given how the second half went.

We are relying on a 19 year old kid with one full game under his belt to score now because Nisbet, who wasn't scoring anyway, is out for the season and Doidge is half the player he was before he got injured. We have a makeshift defence with no height other than Porteous, it's a bloody miracle the number of clean sheets they have kept recently and its the only positive about us at the moment.

I'm not trying to be funny, or wind anybody up, I seriously am not ...... but anybody who is seriously coming on here going 'bring it on' and making out that its 'our turn' is bloody kidding themselves .. I think it will be a miracle if we beat them. There I've said it .... see you at Hampden.

Could also look at things and say we’re unbeaten in six and there has been absolutely nothing between us and Hearts when we’ve played them?

Pagan Hibernia
14-03-2022, 11:02 PM

you realise no one including Celtic have beaten us in 6 games? We may be toothless up front but we’re certainly not easy to beat.

hearts will be favourites and rightly so. But it’s all to play for

Pagan Hibernia
14-03-2022, 11:03 PM
Winning the Cup the previous year? Lots of fans on a up from that?

ok

LunasBoots
14-03-2022, 11:03 PM
Pretty crazy how some of our fans already have us beat and across the city they think they are already in the final, come on, get up for it.

Pagan Hibernia
14-03-2022, 11:07 PM
Pretty crazy how some of our fans already have us beat and across the city they think they are already in the final, come on, get up for it.

a hearts fan once said to me that the difference between our two clubs when it comes to derbys is that Hibs (players and fans) go into them hoping to win. Hearts (players and fans) go into them expecting to win.

hard to argue with that really.

Bristolhibby
14-03-2022, 11:09 PM
I’m always amazed how often we play a team back to back in league and cup or vice versa.

We need to beat them twice in a row in the space of a week.

J

LaMotta
14-03-2022, 11:10 PM
a hearts fan once said to me that the difference between our two clubs when it comes to derbys is that Hibs (players and fans) go into them hoping to win. Hearts (players and fans) go into them expecting to win.

Players maybe but what the fans think has no bearing on a derby result.

broondog
14-03-2022, 11:15 PM
They really need to ditch the 12/12:15 time. People are going to drink anyway and it’s a nightmare to get through there so early. Not saying make it 7:45 but what’s wrong with 3 or 4pm?

kaimendhibs
No negativity here, easy win.

Carheenlea

You can argue with that.

Of course a Hearts fan will tell you that, but behind the bluster and faux bravado they will be just as nervy as us about the fixture. Don't be fooled.

Sir David Gray
14-03-2022, 11:22 PM
I’m always amazed how often we play a team back to back in league and cup or vice versa.

We need to beat them twice in a row in the space of a week.

J

It's something which happens fairly frequently in both Scottish and English football. It's quite amazing how often it actually happens.

Greenio
14-03-2022, 11:32 PM

It's one game

it's not about being good enough - it's about getting a result on the day

(need some players back asap tho! I agree!)

JamesHFC
14-03-2022, 11:34 PM

In the last 22 derbies, we have won 7, they have won 6 and there have been 9 draws.

I can’t wait to batter them next month.

Springbank
15-03-2022, 12:23 AM
Could also look at things and say we’re unbeaten in six and there has been absolutely nothing between us and Hearts when we’ve played them?

Robbie Neilson's record v Hibs over 90 minutes

Won 1 out of 9 attempts

I'd say that gives us reason for optimism

JammyDoidger
15-03-2022, 12:23 AM
It's about time we gave them a doing at hampden, sick of being the fall guys in these games, after the last one I said that was me done, but I suppose I'll give it one last shot eh, get into them hibs. Keep the faith.

Diclonius
15-03-2022, 12:25 AM
I'd take a hammering at Tynecastle if we managed to actually beat them at that ****ing national stadium.

Please. This time.

mjhibby
15-03-2022, 12:47 AM
In the last 22 derbies, we have won 7, they have won 6 and there have been 9 draws.

I can’t wait to batter them next month.

A wee reality check for everybody with those stats. It's who takes their chances on the day wins. Elias looks such a natural finisher they will be nervy facing him and jasper too. They were fortunate v st mirren who had loads of chances.If we can get hanlon,rocky and jdh fit and firing i fancy our chances. Defensively we look a lot better even though we're minus three of the usual back 5.
Believe me the hearts fans are as nervous as us. They are struggling in midfield just now. St mirren shared possession with them so if we can do that and finish clinically we have a very good chance. Maloney has shown he's tactically astute. Game on.

Unseen work
15-03-2022, 04:00 AM
We will beat them twice in a week leading to absolute meltdown over there which results in Neilson being sacked.

The Hearts banter years will then recommence.

GGTTH

MWHIBBIES
15-03-2022, 04:06 AM

Yeah, after all it would be the first time in football history a side lower down the table has beat a side above them.

It's a game of football you doughnut, anything can happen

dastardly8
15-03-2022, 05:18 AM
Im going to call this the melkersen semi final

erin go bragh
15-03-2022, 05:37 AM
Great draw , hope we get der Hun in the final

Fuzzywuzzy
15-03-2022, 06:05 AM
With the final on the 21st may it's written in the stars

GreenCastle
15-03-2022, 06:21 AM
Can’t wait - Hibs fans must stand up and be counted.

Sell it out and bring the noise.

I like Hibs being the under dogs - it’s Hampden and it’s a semi final..anything can happen.

AFKA5814_Hibs
15-03-2022, 06:26 AM
They really need to ditch the 12/12:15 time. People are going to drink anyway and it’s a nightmare to get through there so early. Not saying make it 7:45 but what’s wrong with 3 or 4pm?

Our game is almost certainly going to be the Saturday and will be live on BBC and Premier Sports, so won't be 3 or 4pm. My preference would be around about the 5.30 time but most likely will be early ko, 12/12.15.

flash
15-03-2022, 06:28 AM

Your white feather is in the post.

Since452
15-03-2022, 06:41 AM

I agree. We made hard work of beating a Motherwell team down to 10 men for 88 minutes. Hearts are 3rd in the league by a country mile. I just don't see us laying a glove on them. Especially with half a team out. If we win I'd be astonished. Has the feel of 2006 for me. It is a funny old game though.

we are hibs
15-03-2022, 06:42 AM
Who decides the ticket prices? Is it both clubs per semi, all 4 clubs or the SFA? Be about £45 a ticket if its the latter 2.

JimBHibees
15-03-2022, 06:42 AM

Why not two games we have played them nothing between us. We have now found the sort of striker we need and some of our injured players are likely to be back. Bring it on :greengrin

Since452
15-03-2022, 06:43 AM
Why not two games we have played them nothing between us. We have now found the sort of striker we need and some of our injured players are likely to be back. Bring it on :greengrin

The only reason they didn't beat us last time was due to horrendous refereeing.

Callum_62
15-03-2022, 06:47 AM
I agree. We made hard work of beating a Motherwell team down to 10 men for 88 minutes. Hearts are 3rd in the league by a country mile. I just don't see us laying a glove on them. Especially with half a team out. If we win I'd be astonished. Has the feel of 2006 for me. It is a funny old game though.Not laying a glove on them?

Gies peace!

He might lose, we might win but it's not a free flowing Liverpool we are playing

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
15-03-2022, 06:48 AM

Or Josh campbell missing a glorious chance at the end. For what's it's worth neither of those two were pens despite what heartsound like to tell us.

JimBHibees
15-03-2022, 06:49 AM
Not laying a glove on them?

Gies peace!

He might lose, we might win but it's not a free flowing Liverpool we are playing

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Wonder if Liverpool would have lost to either of Dundee and St Johnstone recently

green day
15-03-2022, 06:52 AM

You are talking about the Lewis free kick chargedown?

The one that no Hearts player moaned about?

Or the Lewis v Simms one?

These things happen every match - Well should have had 2 men sent off at the weekend in the first 10 mins.

Whats horrendous is when balls actually cross the line and one team isnt given a goal. When it happens twice v the same club, thats "horrendous".

Heisenberg
15-03-2022, 06:53 AM
I agree. We made hard work of beating a Motherwell team down to 10 men for 88 minutes. Hearts are 3rd in the league by a country mile. I just don't see us laying a glove on them. Especially with half a team out. If we win I'd be astonished. Has the feel of 2006 for me. It is a funny old game though.

Third in the league doesn’t make them unbeatable in cup competitions as we found out ourselves last season. Worse teams than us have more than laid a glove on them this season.

we are hibs
15-03-2022, 06:57 AM
I agree. We made hard work of beating a Motherwell team down to 10 men for 88 minutes. Hearts are 3rd in the league by a country mile. I just don't see us laying a glove on them. Especially with half a team out. If we win I'd be astonished. Has the feel of 2006 for me. It is a funny old game though.Bizzare that Hearts have turned into Pep's Barca overnight in some minds on here. We may as well not bother turning up. Infact it wouldve been better if Motherwell had gubbed us on Sunday to save us the embarrassment of having a non old firm team in the semis and a great opportunity at getting to a cup final.

Stubbsy90+2
15-03-2022, 06:59 AM

Did we? :confused:

We raced into a two goal lead and seen out the game fairly comfortably imo.

They never really threatened an equaliser.

JimBHibees
15-03-2022, 07:00 AM
Did we? :confused:

We raced into a two goal lead and seen out the game fairly comfortably imo.

They never really threatened an equaliser.

Yep only chance was Woolerys shot near the end

flash
15-03-2022, 07:01 AM

Not sure fitba is the game for you.

B.H.F.C
15-03-2022, 07:02 AM

Get a grip man. The game is also a month away, there is no saying who will or won’t be available. There has been nothing in either game we’ve played against them.