10-03-2022, 09:52 PM
Guid

Spoiler alert:

Kept waiting on ‘Time For Heroes’

We could do with some of that on Sunday

Let’s do this HIBS

JimBHibees
11-03-2022, 06:29 AM
Could certainly do with some of that energy passion and colour back at ER :thumbsup:

wearethehibs
11-03-2022, 07:44 AM
Excellent video 👏.

Some great memories.

Jones28
11-03-2022, 08:01 AM
Why did they disband? Some of the best atmospheres we've had thanks to those guys.

Nevi_SOL
11-03-2022, 08:47 AM
Get them back 🇳🇬

Keith_M
11-03-2022, 11:28 AM
Get them back 🇳🇬

:agree:

CockneyRebel
11-03-2022, 01:05 PM
Excellent video ��.

Some great memories.

Was alright I suppose. :greengrin

Most invigorating.

gbhibby
11-03-2022, 04:22 PM
https://images.app.goo.gl/Y7HFUfzvFMhtMCh27
Classic photo

Sent from my SM-A127F using Tapatalk

RIP
11-03-2022, 09:37 PM
Watched some vids of supporters chants this week. Folk of all ages singing their hearts out.

Sect43/Since1875 never asked to be ‘the Singing Section’. They were to be the catalyst for Tifo and starting off songs. The rest of the support were to be inspired to join in.

It worked well in the early days when half the East joined in. Fans of all ages joined in. Gradually though, more people sat down and left supporting the team to the group.

We don’t support the players sitting static and silent in our seats. Might as well put a cardboard cutout in our seat for all the inspiration we give to the team 😔

Carheenlea
11-03-2022, 09:48 PM
Watched some vids of supporters chants this week. Folk of all ages singing their hearts out.

Sect43/Since1875 never asked to be ‘the Singing Section’. They were to be the catalyst for Tifo and starting off songs. The rest of the support were to be inspired to join in.

It worked well in the early days when half the East joined in. Fans of all ages joined in. Gradually though, more people sat down and left supporting the team to the group.

We don’t support the players sitting static and silent in our seats. Might as well put a cardboard cutout in our seat for all the inspiration we give to the team 😔

A lot of fans go to the football to watch football. Takes all sorts really.

RIP
12-03-2022, 12:14 AM
A lot of fans go to the football to watch football. Takes all sorts really.

The fans who sang regularly a few years ago are the same ones who are sitting in silence now. The football isn’t great this season, but back then it was the Calderwood and Fenlon. But there was a belief that not only did singing make for a livelier atmosphere but it had a positive impact on the players frame of mind.

In ten years we’ve gone from one of the loudest home supports to the meekest. From the bravest to the most timid. Outsung by St Johnstone for 90 minutes

GreenCastle
12-03-2022, 07:40 AM
Who funded the Tifo for the final against Celtic and Hearts game ?

Can’t be cheap !!

Since90+2
12-03-2022, 07:45 AM
The fans who sang regularly a few years ago are the same ones who are sitting in silence now. The football isn’t great this season, but back then it was the Calderwood and Fenlon. But there was a belief that not only did singing make for a livelier atmosphere but it had a positive impact on the players frame of mind.

In ten years we’ve gone from one of the loudest home supports to the meekest. From the bravest to the most timid. Outsung by St Johnstone for 90 minutes

I do agree that the atmosphere is terrible now but I also think there's a degree of over estimating what is was like say 10 years ago.

Reading some of the comments on here you'd think ER was like that Bombonera during the peak days of Since 1875. Some games had a cracking atmosphere but at a lot of other games it was pish. And I say that as someone who's had a season ticket in Section 43 for the last 10 years.

Chuck Rhoades
12-03-2022, 09:15 AM
Who funded the Tifo for the final against Celtic and Hearts game ?

Can’t be cheap !!

Those two were self-funded. Only one club funded display over the years which was the Crabbies flags at Hampden. Money was raised through selling of merchandise, from buses to away games, football cards and through money put in by those involved.

That leaves the biggest contributor, the Hibernian support. Often a flurry of donations after each display. The biggest wave of donations came after the “Natural Order” derby, that banner was well received!

Keith_M
12-03-2022, 10:14 AM
I do agree that the atmosphere is terrible now but I also think there's a degree of over estimating what is was like say 10 years ago.

Reading some of the comments on here you'd think ER was like that Bombonera during the peak days of Since 1875. Some games had a cracking atmosphere but at a lot of other games it was pish. And I say that as someone who's had a season ticket in Section 43 for the last 10 years.

Of course you're right, not every game was like a Cup Final or a derby, but it was generally a better atmosphere overall.

I think they were up against it because of how bad Hibs were for a period after the Singing Section was formed, but they would often contribute to creating a decent atmosphere in spite of that.

Brooster
12-03-2022, 12:23 PM
Great video and some excellent displays. Certainly adds to the matchday experience.

FilipinoHibs
13-03-2022, 12:38 AM
Great memories. I used to sit in the middle of the East and was a keen very loud singer. It would sweep along the East for the big games and when we were scoring against other teams. Sadly all my singing is in the Philippines now. Last there in March 2019.