PDA

View Full Version : Season Ticket Renewal

Pages : [1] 2 3

Highwayman
10-03-2022, 10:36 AM
As the time approaches for the renewal of season tickets.How many of you will be renewing or not.

I intend to renew but I am entitled to senior concession and might think again if I had to pay full price.I have an issue with gold silver and bronze seats.But I will renew anyway.

I know a few people who won’t be renewing.Mainly because they work shifts which rules them out of midweek night games and the number of midweek games means it not really economically worth for them.

Also the news that the renovation of the North Bridge is to extend into 2024 and probably beyond means that the travel hassles will continue.

There are probably other issues that might put people of renewing.

flash
10-03-2022, 10:37 AM
As the time approaches for the renewal of season tickets.How many of you will be renewing or not.

I intend to renew but I am entitled to senior concession and might think again if I had to pay full price.I have an issue with gold silver and bronze seats.But I will renew anyway.

I know a few people who won’t be renewing.Mainly because they work shifts which rules them out of midweek night games and the number of midweek games means it not really economically worth for them.

Also the news that the renovation of the North Bridge is to extend into 2024 and probably beyond means that the travel hassles will continue.

Interesting you only make a case not to renew.

matty_f
10-03-2022, 10:42 AM
i’ll renew.

JimBHibees
10-03-2022, 10:49 AM
Definitely renew looking forward to the Shaun revolution :thumbsup:

gbhibby
10-03-2022, 10:53 AM
If the option to view at home is not still available next season that could sway people's decision. I think the option to view at home should be kept for the foreseeable future.

Stubbsy90+2
10-03-2022, 10:55 AM
Right now I honestly don’t know if I will.

The first half of this season really scunnered me. I didn’t enjoy watching Jack Ross’ Hibs team at all to the point I really didn’t want to even go. I’ve never felt like that about Hibs and being a tight arse, I would never have even considered missing games previously purely because I’d paid for them already.

I’ll probably end up renewing when push comes to shove but it’s definitely the first time I’ve ever considered not doing it. It’s not even a financial decision, it’s purely down to how little I’ve enjoyed watching Hibs for a good while now and the fact that you can get a ticket for near enough any game so easily anyway.

lord bunberry
10-03-2022, 10:55 AM
I can’t see me renewing, I’m starting a new job next month and it will involve Saturday work. I’m not sure what the hours will be yet so I might still be able to get one. It’s the first time in my life where work might stop me renewing but with all the uncertainty around just now I need the security. God knows how I’ll cope with being at work when hibs are playing.

MKHIBEE
10-03-2022, 10:56 AM
I will be renewing

hibbyfraelibby
10-03-2022, 10:56 AM
If the option to view at home is not still available next season that could sway people's decision. I think the option to view at home should be kept for the foreseeable future.

That was only allowed due to Covid and reluctantly agreed to by Sky. No way will they allow it again. Nord VPN or an ST next season.

lord bunberry
10-03-2022, 10:57 AM
I think that option will only be available to people who have a medical reason for not being able to attend.

Blaster
10-03-2022, 10:59 AM
I’ll be renewing. My view on the watching at home is that it should continue but should be restrictions on how many times you can use it to try and get more folk actually attending

Not sure how feasible that would be though

Libby Hibby
10-03-2022, 10:59 AM
Me and my two boys will be renewing (I’ll no doubt be footing the bill for the 3).

Kids are in their 20s.

mutley
10-03-2022, 11:00 AM
I’ll be renewing, will go for the early bird (if there is one this year) and I’ve a few quid sitting to be used for the tickets I sold on the exchange.

Even though I miss quite a few games and it would be far more economical for me to pay as I go, but I like my seat and the routine of knowing exactly where I’m going, who I’ll be chatting to etc. definitely fall
Into the “out of habit” crew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JamesHFC
10-03-2022, 11:05 AM
I’ll renew, Hibs are a part of my life. Whether they annoy me or not I’ll stick with them.

Oscar T Grouch
10-03-2022, 11:10 AM
I'll be renewing home and away STs, Hibs are my only vice nowadays. I hope they keep the 'view at home' option as I have missed a few games due to ill health this season and was happy I could watch the games I missed at home.

May21/05/16
10-03-2022, 11:13 AM
I'm in

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Ringothedog
10-03-2022, 11:17 AM
Will renew

wandering_hibee
10-03-2022, 11:18 AM
Will definitely renew, looking forward to seeing more goals and less injuries and indeed quicker recoveries for those that do get injured (and of course the pre-game and half time entertainment.:greengrin)

Stuart93
10-03-2022, 11:21 AM
I can’t see me renewing, I’m starting a new job next month and it will involve Saturday work. I’m not sure what the hours will be yet so I might still be able to get one. It’s the first time in my life where work might stop me renewing but with all the uncertainty around just now I need the security. God knows how I’ll cope with being at work when hibs are playing.

Aye I’m in the same boat so I’m unsure if I’ll renew or not

Think if you miss 3 or 4 games you’ve lost the value of your ST already.

My mind could still change the time they come out

DIXIHIBS
10-03-2022, 11:36 AM
Defo renew though more through duty than any great expectation tbh.

Broken Gnome
10-03-2022, 11:38 AM
I'd feel rubbish if I didn't renew and would likely take the hump if forking out circa 30-35 quid to go to a game.

Green Badger
10-03-2022, 11:38 AM
I'll renew.

Mike Berry
10-03-2022, 11:39 AM
I will definitely renew. Still got a couple of years to go before I get the senior concession though.......

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

A Hi-Bee
10-03-2022, 11:39 AM
Of course I will renew even if I will not get to the vast majority of games, it is what Hibs supporters do. Also meaning to say that threads like this I always find a wee bit jambo-ish perhaps just me.
:thumbsup:

glenberviehibee
10-03-2022, 11:56 AM
Renewing

gbhibby
10-03-2022, 12:02 PM
That was only allowed due to Covid and reluctantly agreed to by Sky. No way will they allow it again. Nord VPN or an ST next season.
Can't see any reason not to keep that after all sky make their money from subscribers so there is no effect on their income. A season ticket should allow Hibs season ticket holders to watch either in person or on TV.The TV companies are only interested in the uglies.

OstKurve Hibs
10-03-2022, 12:03 PM
3 of us renewing,

Also north bridge works, why would that be an issue, go a different way or leave earlier of you have to.

Also hope the club get rid of the view at home option for next season. Should help get the crowds back up.

Tipperaryjack
10-03-2022, 12:09 PM
I’m in. :flag:

3pm
10-03-2022, 12:11 PM
Me and my two boys will be renewing (I’ll no doubt be footing the bill for the 3).

Kids are in their 20s.

Loose change for you....

andudare2
10-03-2022, 12:13 PM
Will be bought as usual, eternal optimist🤣

greenginger
10-03-2022, 12:14 PM
I’ll be renewing. My daughter too, although she lives abroad and ain’t be at Easter Road for over 3 years.

Season ticket income is essential for the club and buying our tickets is a statement of our support whether we attend all matches or none.

Sir David Gray
10-03-2022, 12:18 PM
I'll be renewing, although at the moment it's probably more out of habit and a sense of duty to the club than it is due to any great excitement for next season's football to be honest.

aljo7-0
10-03-2022, 12:19 PM
I'll be renewing.

Mon Dieu4
10-03-2022, 12:21 PM
I will renew, more for the day out with my pals than the football just now

CentreLine
10-03-2022, 12:33 PM
I suspect we are currently more or less down to the hard core in our support so will not be surprised to see most renew. It’s getting back to the numbers we had in 2017 and such that makes the difference. I’m
Heartily sick of the product on the park right now but fully intend renewing, in that blindly optimistic way that comes along each year. It is getting harder to accept the interminable “transition” periods though. We need stability right now, hopefully that stability sits at the top end of the table.

overdrive
10-03-2022, 12:39 PM
I'll be renewing, although at the moment it's probably more out of habit and a sense of duty to the club than it is due to any great excitement for next season's football to be honest.

Pretty much how I feel. The club are lucky that there is a hardcore of the support that are like that as if it was another form of "entertainment" that was offering up the standard of product we are, I wouldn't be renewing. I wasn't enjoying the football under Jack Ross, I'm enjoying it even less under Shaun Maloney.

Langlee Hibs
10-03-2022, 12:54 PM
Absolutely will be renewing. Next season cannae come quick enough!!

Wheat Hound
10-03-2022, 12:56 PM
I'll be renewing for sure.

Conj
10-03-2022, 01:07 PM
100% renewing, supporters support financially as much as anything else

Pagan Hibernia
10-03-2022, 01:09 PM
I’m not currently a season ticket holder.

I’ll be buying one for next season. So that’s one that we didn’t have previously.

Irish_Steve
10-03-2022, 01:15 PM
I’ll renew - From my seat in the FFU, I can see the top of Arthur’s Seat and I quite like counting the people on top of it

Scouse Hibee
10-03-2022, 01:19 PM
Used my ST once this season so far so it makes no sense to renew, but I will.

EVENTUALLY
10-03-2022, 01:29 PM

For the love of the club no doubt. Brilliant attitude and hopefully you'll see a more entertaining and sucessful side in 22/23.:thumbsup:

JimBHibees
10-03-2022, 01:31 PM

JimBHibees
10-03-2022, 01:32 PM
For the love of the club no doubt. Brilliant attitude and hopefully you'll see a more entertaining and sucessful side in 22/23.:thumbsup:

Or not see a more entertaining and successful side. :greengrin

JimBHibees
10-03-2022, 01:33 PM
I’ll be renewing. My daughter too, although she lives abroad and ain’t be at Easter Road for over 3 years.

Season ticket income is essential for the club and buying our tickets is a statement of our support whether we attend all matches or none.

Agree totally

G15 Hibs
10-03-2022, 01:45 PM
I'm lucky enough to have the money to renew so I will. I know others won't necessarily be in the same position, especially with the way things are likely to pan out this year with the cost of living.

It supports the club financially, as someone else said earlier I like the routine of knowing where I sit and who'll be sitting around me, and I'm really interested in seeing how things turn out for the Shaun Maloney project. I'm hopeful that it can be a better season, once he's starting to get the right elements in place.

PatHead
10-03-2022, 01:49 PM
I have not enjoyed going since the early Neil Lennon days. Heckingbottom and Jack Ross games were a chore. For the first time in living memory I don't make an effort to find out the scores if I don't make the match. Just fallen out of love with Hibs just now.

So for the first time in God knows how long (decades) I am not renewing. Maybe the break will renew my enthusiasm but for now it's golf on a Saturday.

Fuzzywuzzy
10-03-2022, 01:54 PM
What age do kids move to youth? Had a look on the site and couldn't see anything

Kojock
10-03-2022, 02:12 PM

What issue do you have with gold, silver and bronze pricing. The bests seats in the cinemas, theatres, music venues etc all have a similar price structure.

Stevie Reid
10-03-2022, 02:17 PM
I'll always renew.

Hibby70
10-03-2022, 02:21 PM
I'm really struggling to decide. My boy is playing football on Saturdays and Sundays and whilst it's usually early it's all a bit of a mad rush.

I also take my elderly father and he's finding it a struggle more and more. The whole day just starts to feel like a chore and I cant even go for a pint or two and spend over 3 hours just travelling.

The only real pull is that we have great seats and good folk round about us.

I've had a season ticket for the most part of 30 years so won't be an easy decision to give up now mind you

Dashing Bob S
10-03-2022, 02:31 PM
I’ll renew. Excited to see the summer comings and going’s and the first real Maloney team.

CockneyRebel
10-03-2022, 02:43 PM
Will be renewing, never in doubt.

greenlex
10-03-2022, 02:54 PM
Due to work I only make weekend games these days but 2 renewals here.

Sean1875
10-03-2022, 03:36 PM
I'll inevitably renew, but first time for a few years ive been seriously considering not. Starting a new job/career that involves a lot of weekend work and nights meaning im not sure how many games ill even be able to get to, coupled with the fact so many games recently i've just been bored out of my tree watching. As others have said though, its more a sense of duty to renew so I feel its inevitable!

seanshow
10-03-2022, 03:59 PM
Used to have six of us going,but adult life has reduced us to two, so I think we both committed to life sentences. :greengrin

Middle of the east early bird, what £420?

Highwayman
10-03-2022, 04:01 PM
What issue do you have with gold, silver and bronze pricing. The bests seats in the cinemas, theatres, music venues etc all have a similar price structure.

My issue is that where I sit in Lower West is allocated as silver.Four seats to the right and across the passageway is allocated as bronze.

Do I have a better view than say the first ten to twelve seats in the bronze section? I don’t think so.Seems to me to a bit of a scattergun approach.

Usually the pricier seats in the cinema are the more luxurious ones.Not hard cold plastic ones.

Green Man
10-03-2022, 04:02 PM
I’ll be renewing for me and the wee man. He’s football daft and going to the game with him is always a day out.

chippy
10-03-2022, 04:03 PM
I’ll be renewing mine and my nephews seats. That and HS are how I support Hibs. Won’t actually go until covid is way way way down unless i get a hazmat hood

Skol
10-03-2022, 04:38 PM
I will almost certainly renew again. However I haven’t really enjoyed the football of late. At least with Boyle there was something to entertain but that’s gone now.

hibbie63
10-03-2022, 04:54 PM

I will be in my usual seat cheering my team as have done for 60 of my 66years

Allant1981
10-03-2022, 05:20 PM
Ill be renewing but will most likely move seat, where i sit in the east you get blinded with the sun so might move(first world problems!!)

Libby Hibby
10-03-2022, 05:23 PM
Loose change for you....

😂😂

Malthibby
10-03-2022, 05:32 PM
Renewing x 3.
If going to ER was dependent on the quality of the football, I'd have stopped going in the 80s.
I'm lucky enough to be able to afford season tickets though, I can well understand that a seat won't be top
of the priority list for everyone.
GG

weecounty hibby
10-03-2022, 05:41 PM
Me and the laddie will be renewing. Moaning, greeting, whinging, negativity and constant disappointment it's great to get away from all that at home and go and watch the Hibs!!

inglisavhibs
10-03-2022, 05:43 PM

Through thick and thin for the Hibs.

ahibby
10-03-2022, 05:51 PM
Through thick and thin for the Hibs.

Yes I will renew but last time at full price as taking early retirement this year.

Clarence
10-03-2022, 06:00 PM
Yes I will renew but last time at full price as taking early retirement this year.

If you’re fortunate enough to take early retirement you should be stumping up the full price.

Stubbsy90+2
10-03-2022, 06:01 PM
If you’re fortunate enough to take early retirement you should be stumping up the full price.

That’s quite a statement 😂

Billy Whizz
10-03-2022, 06:05 PM

What age do Hibs recognise you as being retired?

Glory Lurker
10-03-2022, 06:11 PM
I've done brighter things, but I'll be renewing.

Bishop Hibee
10-03-2022, 06:12 PM
I will renew. I won’t point the finger at anyone who doesn’t given the cost of living increases. I suspect we’ll lose 1 or 2K given tougher times and the quality of football being poor this season.

Coco Bryce
10-03-2022, 06:26 PM
I have 3 only renewing 2. Older kid has chucked it. It's been coming. Says Hibs are boring. He'll now spend his time walking about the streets bored no doubt.

PatHead
10-03-2022, 06:27 PM

Bridge hibs
10-03-2022, 06:30 PM
Decided after many years as season ticket holders to not renew, will try to contribute financially in other ways but just unable to attend now, mostly due to work but simply lost the desire now sadly

scoopyboy
10-03-2022, 06:52 PM
I renew each year and will continue to until ill health prevents me, will get my sons as well.

Can't imagine not being a season ticket holder

Eyrie
10-03-2022, 06:55 PM
I miss several games a season for various reasons so I'd be cheaper as a walk up and the attempts at football just now are enough to put anyone off. But I'll renew anyway.

Nakedmanoncrack
10-03-2022, 07:00 PM
Definitely renewing.

Logie Green
10-03-2022, 07:02 PM

On the basis that early retirement means you retire before the age Hibs recognise you as a Pensioner you’ll pay full price anyway. 🤷*♂️

Juice-Terry
10-03-2022, 07:03 PM
I've been living on the Wirral for the last four years and get to to go about two or three games per season but I'll definitely renew. (I have a devious cost share/attend scheme in place.) GGTTH!

darwenhibby
10-03-2022, 07:05 PM
Although ive not been a season ticket holder for a while
I went to as many games as I could
I watched probably every Hibs game for the last 2 years on tv
But it does not beat being there
I am buying a season ticket even after Saturday as another post on here asked was the £5 worth it ??
Yes it was worth it because the only thing Hibs have is a support financially is us supporters
I could easily watch the game at home on Sunday save myself a few quid in fuel
But hibs need a massive support to back them and keep the season going.
I think it has never been as crucial as now to get behind the club!
GGTTH 🇳🇬💚

Mikey_1875
10-03-2022, 07:07 PM
Thinking about moving from east to west but will definitely renew!

Clarence
10-03-2022, 08:28 PM
That’s quite a statement 😂

An accurate one. Someone can’t decide to stop working at 55 (for example) and expect a concession ticket.

andrew70
10-03-2022, 08:51 PM
Although ive not been a season ticket holder for a while
I went to as many games as I could
I watched probably every Hibs game for the last 2 years on tv
But it does not beat being there
I am buying a season ticket even after Saturday as another post on here asked was the £5 worth it ??
Yes it was worth it because the only thing Hibs have is a support financially is us supporters
I could easily watch the game at home on Sunday save myself a few quid in fuel
But hibs need a massive support to back them and keep the season going.
I think it has never been as crucial as now to get behind the club!
GGTTH 🇳🇬💚

100%. Fair play.

ekhibee
10-03-2022, 08:53 PM
I have not enjoyed going since the early Neil Lennon days. Heckingbottom and Jack Ross games were a chore. For the first time in living memory I don't make an effort to find out the scores if I don't make the match. Just fallen out of love with Hibs just now.

So for the first time in God knows how long (decades) I am not renewing. Maybe the break will renew my enthusiasm but for now it's golf on a Saturday.

Sadly, I'm the same as you. I've found it really hard to maintain any kind of enthusiasm for Hibs at the moment, and that's probably my fault not the clubs, but I have lived in the west of Scotland for nearly 30 years now and the extra expense and time it takes me to get there and back just becomes a chore which it certainly wasn't before. I'm more likely to go for a half season ticket after Xmas if they are still available. But I obviously have the greatest respect for those who renew, I haven't totally ruled it out, I'm just struggling to find a good reason to do it nowadays and I've never felt like that before, even when we were in a lower league.

ahibby
10-03-2022, 08:56 PM

I am one last time and next year qualify for senior citizen price. Whats wrong with that? You have no idea how **** my pension will be.

ahibby
10-03-2022, 08:59 PM

Yes its 65 so not exactly state pension age for many of us.. Anayway I already said I am paying full price one last time. Beginning to think someone cant read.

gbhibby
10-03-2022, 09:27 PM
The direct debit scheme offered by the club was good last season hope its repeated.

Stokesy's on fire
10-03-2022, 09:28 PM
Not sure this time will depend what ambition the club shows

SON OF PADDY
10-03-2022, 09:31 PM
I've been following the Hibs,for best part of 55 years and like all my fellow Hibbys I've watched some very poor Hibs teams though out that time !
But it will take a lot more than bridge closures, or having a season ticket in a gold section to put me off supporting my team.
GGTTH

Brightside
10-03-2022, 09:49 PM
I’ll renew. Always.

10-03-2022, 09:49 PM

So instead you're going to do something even more frustrating than watching Hibs? 🤔

Radium
10-03-2022, 09:55 PM
Up the back of the East in a section that is now priced in gold. Routinely looking at 3 empty stands before I get out of the row. The new screens are at the edge of my vision and don’t add much to my experience…

… have been lucky enough to be able to afford a st in recent years and will renew two this year.

Family and work meant that for many years I only got to a couple of games a season so can understand why it is not the right choice for everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnM1875
10-03-2022, 10:04 PM
My usual four renewing again for sure.

Football hasn't been amazing, though I do think it's getting better,but we've all really enjoyed being back out at the games and pub afterwards etc.

By the time it's game day again I'm always buzzing for it.

oldbutdim
10-03-2022, 10:49 PM
I’ll renew. Always.

I don’t make predictions like that.
Never have and never will.

O'Rourke3
10-03-2022, 10:59 PM
Never have and never will.:slipper:

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

brianmc
11-03-2022, 04:34 AM
100% I'll be renewing for me and my daughter.

Pagan Hibernia
11-03-2022, 07:10 AM
I will renew. I won’t point the finger at anyone who doesn’t given the cost of living increases. I suspect we’ll lose 1 or 2K given tougher times and the quality of football being poor this season.

frankly if we’re only down 1 or 2k I’d take that.

whats interesting for me is the amount of long standing supporters who claim they have lost interest. Can anyone put their finger on why this is when we’ve had far, far worse Hibs teams over the decades. The quality has been awful before, and yes crowds were crap before but I’m talking about the long term fans who were there during those times, now deciding that Hibs don’t interest them anymore… Im not sure I get it.

JimBHibees
11-03-2022, 07:47 AM

whats interesting for me is the amount of long standing supporters who claim they have lost interest. Can anyone put their finger on why this is when we’ve had far, far worse Hibs teams over the decades. The quality has been awful before, and yes crowds were crap before but I’m talking about the long term fans who were there during those times, now deciding that Hibs don’t interest them anymore… Im not sure I get it.

Covid apathy and being able to watch games at home.

Stonewall
11-03-2022, 08:00 AM
I'm pretty sure that I'll be renewing my two tickets.

Between my wife, my son and I it is just about justifiable. My issue is that I work every second weekend and my son usually plays Rugby on Saturdays. Luckily my wife usually takes a spare ticket and between the son of one of her friends who started going this year and a friend of my son's who can't afford to go we usually fill both seats.

I must admit I haven't enjoyed it too much this year apart from the odd game. I've seen far worse Hibs teams than this and I didn't think that the football was that bad under Ross with the exception of the odd inexplicably bad performance. It's just not a very pleasant place to be when so many of the support were openly wanting JR out and all the social media outlets were drowning in negativity. It really became very waring especially when much of what was coming across was absolute crap. Even hibs.net which, relatively speaking, used to be an oasis of calm and reasoned debate has been unreadable at times so I just avoid it mostly now. I'm sure I will renew but it's a more difficult decision than normal.

CentreLine
11-03-2022, 08:00 AM

I certainly fall in to that category and feel there are a number of factors.

Dealing with off the park, I find the tribalism in supporters a bit hard to understand. No sporting event can happen without an opponent to test yourself against and that opponent should be shown respect. There has always been an element of it but the way the Scottish game has, unashamedly, weighted itself in favour of only two teams has destroyed the game here in Scotland. The way the game is governed, on and off the park, appears nothing short of corrupt and so much could be done to improve that impression but is not.

On a match day we see, week in week out, the incomprehensible behaviour of match officials applying the rules differently towards two sides in particular. Perhaps that has led to the way fans behave and somehow think that all that is left in supporting a club means you have to absolutely hate everything about the opposition. I find that unhealthy and very sad. Then we have a significant minority who seem to think that supporting a team on the park means howling as much abuse as possible at the team and individuals in the team.

Right now we should be incredibly positive with the declared attitude of our owner and club management talking of success and entertainment. Stability is the most important thing missing from our game and Hibs are one of the worst offenders for constant change. When Ron Gordon came in the scene it looked like that was about to change in a positive way. Transition is the devil when it comes to seeing steady improvement and success in the longer term.

We had a manager who had been stung once by moving on too quickly and was, at least overtly, committed to the long term. As people acknowledge constantly on here, change takes time. My view is that the green shoots of success were in place under our previous manager but it was way too slow for a significant minority in the support and he was emptied, with the promise of open, exciting, entertaining football. Instead we get more of the same, only slower, more boring and without goals.

The JR detractors say the manager needs time. Well yeah! But changing longer term transition just to start again was a hard pill to swallow. That said, change happens so we have to get behind the latest manager. But the uninspiring rubbish we see on the park is disheartening. We have a very decent squad of players and the club, from top to bottom, needs to get those players performing as they can. Instead we are stuck in a rut.

First and foremost, football is supposed to be an entertainment business. I was lucky enough to be heartily entertained in the 60’s and 70’s. We lamented the negative football that came in during the seventies, largely led by Leeds United. And yes, we and many other Scottish clubs could justifiably compare ourselves and compete with the top English clubs.
We had the dreadful football of the 80’s and 90’s but we’re still entertained by players being able to express themselves.

In to the 2000’s and we saw entertainment returning with the young side encouraged to express themselves on the park by Tony Mowbray and the fans returned in large numbers. We have had much better players and better teams in the past yet the good team spirit carried us to a cup final and the holy grail in 2016. Did we kick on from there? No we changed manager again and it has been a rollercoaster ever since. One with too may dips.

Where are we now? Clockwork, boring, un-entertaining pass back football. The crowds are falling and people wonder why?

And still I will renew my ST in the forlorn hope that we finally get it right on and off the park.

Entertain us Hibs. Please!!

Stubbsy90+2
11-03-2022, 08:18 AM

Watching us under Jack Ross just really made me lose interest. The enjoyment was completely sucked out of it for me. Imo we were absolutely brutal to watch and every week i was tempted not to even bother despite having paid for it. I’ve had a season ticket continuously for 25 years.

I don’t think we’ve improved all that much since JR has left but I can safely say I wouldn’t have been renewing had he still been in charge. I’m a bit more tempted now but I’d hoped to have seen more in the way of changes than we have. Losing Boyle, our form under JR and our injuries have made that easier said than done though.

If I do renew, it’ll likely be in the summer once I start to see the players we bring in and if they excite me as right now there’s absolutely nobody in this squad I get excited about watching individually and as it stands, there’s nothing exciting about us as a team either.

So for me, it quite simply comes down to the fact I’ve things I would enjoy more I could be doing rather than watching what’s been on offer for the last couple of years.

Skol
11-03-2022, 08:37 AM

I am one of these fans and it’s hard to put my finger on really. I have only felt this way once before which I think was under fenlon but could have been butcher

I didn’t think it was as bad under Ross as others do and I didn’t like the way he was dispensed with. I also feel we have regressed since maloney came in. While I know injuries are a big part in this as well as losing Boyle, but the way we approach games is just awful right now and we just don’t look like scoring and are not good to watch.

A season ticket is a big investment in money and also a big investment of time away from its things I could be doing. It helps if you enjoy what you are watching but that’s not the case right now

hibbyfraelibby
11-03-2022, 09:50 AM

Early retirement doesn't qualify you as a concession based on age.

.Sean.
11-03-2022, 11:44 AM
I’ll be renewing. Hopefully they do the six month interest free option, that was handy and paid off by I think October

CockneyRebel
11-03-2022, 12:17 PM
I’ll be renewing. Hopefully they do the six month interest free option, that was handy and paid off by I think October

Hope so too - had it over longer at times and initially paid interest but 6 months interest free suits me fine. :aok:

wookie70
11-03-2022, 12:27 PM
Up until recently I actually felt guilty if I never went to away games and had only missed a couple of games at ER in over 10 years including cup and friendlies. Covid broke the habit and while I went to all the games this season, before Ross was emptied, the way he was treated didn't sit well. Maloney was then brought in and I can't imagine enjoying that style of football even if he does get it working. Big screens, Opera and other initiatives are actually putting me off rather than encouraging me to go and the entertainment on offer is dreadful, which is bad, but it is the fact it is almost designed to be dreadful that is what I struggle to take. With Stubbs and Lennon we played poorly quite often but I always thought we wanted to get forward and try and attack as much as we can. It is all a bit Bertie Auld at ER just now and I actually get the feeling SM is quite happy with a 20 pass move where the ball ends up behind where it started and we have went nowhere near the other teams box.

Saying all that I love my seats, enjoy seeing those who sit near us and will probably renew. There is still a heart felt obligation to renew that I still feel but it is nowhere near as strong as it was and Sir Tom going and the shift away from potential fan ownership, at least in part, also comes into that. My daughter is turning into a right good Hibby and I will do my best to keep her getting to as many games as possible. So another two tickets in the renew column but the seats may lie empty far more than they have done in the past.

bigwheel
11-03-2022, 12:44 PM
All three of us definitely renewing ….I’ve had decades of watching Hibs that have been much worse than now ..so looking forward to the next chapter already [emoji106][emoji3]

Mcbizz1998
11-03-2022, 12:53 PM
Yeah I’ll renew out of duty.

Pagan Hibernia
11-03-2022, 01:48 PM
Up until recently I actually felt guilty if I never went to away games and had only missed a couple of games at ER in over 10 years including cup and friendlies. Covid broke the habit and while I went to all the games this season, before Ross was emptied, the way he was treated didn't sit well. Maloney was then brought in and I can't imagine enjoying that style of football even if he does get it working. Big screens, Opera and other initiatives are actually putting me off rather than encouraging me to go and the entertainment on offer is dreadful, which is bad, but it is the fact it is almost designed to be dreadful that is what I struggle to take. With Stubbs and Lennon we played poorly quite often but I always thought we wanted to get forward and try and attack as much as we can. It is all a bit Bertie Auld at ER just now and I actually get the feeling SM is quite happy with a 20 pass move where the ball ends up behind where it started and we have went nowhere near the other teams box.

Saying all that I love my seats, enjoy seeing those who sit near us and will probably renew. There is still a heart felt obligation to renew that I still feel but it is nowhere near as strong as it was and Sir Tom going and the shift away from potential fan ownership, at least in part, also comes into that. My daughter is turning into a right good Hibby and I will do my best to keep her getting to as many games as possible. So another two tickets in the renew column but the seats may lie empty far more than they have done in the past.

Hibs fans, both individually and collectively through HSL have far more of a stake in the club now than they ever had before, including most of Tom Farmer’s time.

Like you I was disappointed that the rug was swept from under us in 2019 when we were within sight of a 25.1% stake, but between HSL and individual supporter shareholders we still have around a third of the club in safe hands (as long as the mysterious nameless nominees are fans.)

Alfred E Newman
11-03-2022, 01:50 PM
Where else can you have a good Boooo on a weekly basis!

Steven79
11-03-2022, 03:08 PM
Where else can you have a good Boooo on a weekly basis!

Ibrox?

BonnieFitbaTeam
11-03-2022, 03:36 PM

Same. To be fair, to a greater or lesser degree depending upon individual circumstances, a ST has effectively been a donation for many years now. Basically since TV started dictating all sorts of weird and wonderful kick-off times.

TheCabbage
12-03-2022, 07:42 AM
This months portion of Bonus money earmarked to renew.
It’s practically the only time I am out these days

whiskyhibby
12-03-2022, 07:48 AM
Definitely renewing, the future is bright

GreenCastle
12-03-2022, 08:05 AM
Will renew - see it as a donation to the club / membership / support to the local community. The football is a bonus.

Said after 2016 cup final win will always renew and after having no fans during lockdown maybe took for granted attending live football. I get other people have found other interests but all it needs every so often is a game like the Boyle Hampden semi to reignite the Hibs flame.

While it’s been very frustrating at times - Hibs need us and whether it’s Ross or Maloney in charge the club needs the fans.

Hopefully even though annoyed / frustrated right now will see that.

3rd will be up for grabs next season and while it’s frustrating thats the highest we can expect it’s what we should be aiming for once again.

I really hope Hibs do something to improve atmosphere in FF lower after this season - plus I get what fans say about the awful refs / Old Firm monopoly / crap kick off times - it’s frustrating and it definitely does put some people off buying.

Glory Lurker
12-03-2022, 11:35 AM
Anyone any idea when the renewal process will open up? Should be about now, no?

Phil MaGlass
12-03-2022, 12:26 PM
Will renew - see it as a donation to the club / membership / support to the local community. The football is a bonus.

Said after 2016 cup final win will always renew and after having no fans during lockdown maybe took for granted attending live football. I get other people have found other interests but all it needs every so often is a game like the Boyle Hampden semi to reignite the Hibs flame.

While it’s been very frustrating at times - Hibs need us and whether it’s Ross or Maloney in charge the club needs the fans.

Hopefully even though annoyed / frustrated right now will see that.

3rd will be up for grabs next season and while it’s frustrating thats the highest we can expect it’s what we should be aiming for once again.

I really hope Hibs do something to improve atmosphere in FF lower after this season - plus I get what fans say about the awful refs / Old Firm monopoly / crap kick off times - it’s frustrating and it definitely does put some people off buying.

Maybe the supporters from outwith the OF should club together and buy a trophy for the third placed team. The unofficial winners of the league.

ahibby
12-03-2022, 11:05 PM
Early retirement doesn't qualify you as a concession based on age.

Hint is in what I said about one last time. 64 is early retirement.

SChibs
13-03-2022, 12:28 AM
I'll renew but probably not till the summer as I'm getting married in June and I want to get that expense out the way first

hibby6270
13-03-2022, 06:50 PM
Absolutely. No question.
If necessary, SSE will have to whistle for their price rise. :wink:

hibbyfraelibby
14-03-2022, 10:37 AM
Absolutely. No question.
If necessary, SSE will have to whistle for their price rise. :wink:

An ST is a good investment. Gets you out of the house for a few hours and allows you to turn the heating off saving you more over the year than the ST costs.😉

Garymcl
14-03-2022, 02:18 PM
Definitely will be renewing our 4 season tickets the six month interest free was a good idea but I’m also along with a number of fellow hibbys genuinely looking forward to Our new manager having a chance to put his marker on our team injury free and having a summer where he can bring in more of his type of player ggtth

Steven79
14-03-2022, 11:06 PM
Anyone who wasn't sure about buying a season ticket for next season, has the draw possibly changed your mind? Guaranteed ticket for semi and if we make the final a ticket for that too.That's only for current season ticket holders.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

BS44
14-03-2022, 11:24 PM
That's only for current season ticket holders.

Yep, deleted my post now!

Carheenlea
14-03-2022, 11:26 PM
If we win at Tynecastle, then do so again in the semi the week after, Ron Gordon can get the trestle table set up at the bus park at Hampden and ST`s will be sold out that evening for season `22/`23.

:flag:

14-03-2022, 11:49 PM
I'll renew but probably not till the summer as I'm getting married in June and I want to get that expense out the way first

Pet name for your fiancée?

munchar
15-03-2022, 03:07 PM

Kids are in their 20s.

Your a father, it’s your job 😂
Mind the half time refreshments also 👌

tamig
18-03-2022, 02:19 PM
I’ll renew as I always do. Its a way of life. I tax my car every year. My ST is exactly the same.

Billy Whizz
18-03-2022, 02:32 PM
I’ll renew as I always do. Its a way of life. I tax my car every year. My ST is exactly the same.

Like me too, and your car like Hibs, have good and bad days

tamig
18-03-2022, 02:53 PM
Hint is in what I said about one last time. 64 is early retirement.

I think you’re being a bit pedantic and your statement is inaccurate. Many industries/employers have different retirement ages. In your case 64 is early. For many folk early retirement is likely to be somewhere before 60. Your initial post was unclear.

Pagan Hibernia
19-03-2022, 07:48 AM

not a bad analogy really. My car is also too expensive, not great for my health, has seen better days and has let me down more times than I care to remember.

see you next season :thumbsup:

TheCabbage
19-03-2022, 04:00 PM
This months portion of Bonus money earmarked to renew.
It’s practically the only time I am out these days

Having said that after watching the 2nd half v motherwell and that match today is be better off keeping the cash if we still have maloney in charge.
Can see use getting turned over twice in 2 weeks against them and can he survive that?

GreenCastle
19-03-2022, 04:46 PM
Having said that after watching the 2nd half v motherwell and that match today is be better off keeping the cash if we still have maloney in charge.
Can see use getting turned over twice in 2 weeks against them and can he survive that?

Renewals usually come out around April.

They will be waiting for a good result to release the information.

Lose 2 derbies in a row and your going to have a very frustrated support and drop in ST sales.

The Captain....
19-03-2022, 05:01 PM
Definite no...got other commitments that are more important to me atm. Around 20 something years as a ST holder and 40 odd as a regular attender.

The lack of entertainment and good football is a secondary reason but I dare say I'd be more inclined to consider a ST if we set up to win rather than not to lose.

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

Steven79
19-03-2022, 06:37 PM
Definite no...got other commitments that are more important to me atm. Around 20 something years as a ST holder and 40 odd as a regular attender.

The lack of entertainment and good football is a secondary reason but I dare say I'd be more inclined to consider a ST if we set up to win rather than not to lose.

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk"Setting up to win rather than not to lose"

It's like Jack Ross never left isn't it?

Watching this current team just leaves me bored and frustrated.

I think covid (getting out of the habit of going) and the price of everything going sky high will hit many clubs next season.

I'm finding it harder to muster the motivation to attend games as at times it feels like a form of self harming watching the current team.

Nicho87
19-03-2022, 06:48 PM
Sadly lack of entertainment

2 kids both too young to attend

Price inflation if everything else

I’ll remain a walk up and pick and choose

WestCoastHibby
19-03-2022, 07:35 PM

And the Hibs are very taxing at the moment certainly

TelaStella
19-03-2022, 10:51 PM
It’s been nearly 5 years since my last season book. Work commitments are one thing, living in Glasgow another. I get to see us here and there whenever I can and treasure it more than ever, regardless of what I’m watching at times on the pitch.

If you’re in a lucky enough position to do so then go on, renew. Forever and ever as we once sung.

WestStandWillie
20-03-2022, 01:50 PM
I’ll renew but it’s getting harder to justify that price. More folk around me not renewing as it’s just no there.

Willing to give it another season and buy into SM’s vision.

Since90+2
20-03-2022, 01:55 PM
I'm not renewing, just think it's too expensive and with family commitments now taking priority on weekends I'd probably moss half the games anyway.

Unless we beat Hearts in the semi then season ticket sales won't break 5 figures.

HIBS NUTS
20-03-2022, 04:13 PM
i will be renewing again, in the seat that a forum member told me didn’t exist.🤔

MKHIBEE
20-03-2022, 05:26 PM
I will be renewing regardless of results and performances

brianmc
20-03-2022, 05:43 PM
An adult season ticket (gold) costs about £8 a week averaged over the course of a year.

About the same as 2 pints of beer somewhere cheap.

I'd rather give Hibs my money than that horrible Wetherspoon's twat

Since90+2
20-03-2022, 05:48 PM
An adult season ticket (gold) costs about £8 a week averaged over the course of a year.

About the same as 2 pints of beer somewhere cheap.

I'd rather give Hibs my money than that horrible Wetherspoon's twat

You can't pay for it with that financial breakdown though. Even using the payment options it's still a significant financial outlay each month, and with the massive increase in cost of living in simply won't be something a lot of people take up.

If results don't change before the end of the season we are probably looking at the lowest number of sales for about 6 years or so.

brianmc
20-03-2022, 06:04 PM
You can't pay for it with that financial breakdown though. Even using the payment options it's still a significant financial outlay each month, and with the massive increase in cost of living in simply won't be something a lot of people take up.

If results don't change before the end of the season we are probably looking at the lowest number of sales for about 6 years or so.

You literally could pay for a season ticket by putting 8 quid a week by for it. That's a fact.

Your opinion (which I agree with by the way) that poor performances/results could have a massive impact on sales is fair.
But it's got hee haw to do with affordability.

Since90+2
20-03-2022, 06:16 PM
You literally could pay for a season ticket by putting 8 quid a week by for it. That's a fact.

Your opinion (which I agree with by the way) that poor performances/results could have a massive impact on sales is fair.

Of course it has to do with affordability, especially in the current cost of living crisis. Unless you think we'd sell the same amount of season tickets if they were priced at £200 rather than £420.

Stubbsy90+2
20-03-2022, 06:18 PM

Selling season tickets is a massive bit to do with affordability.

To suggest it’s not us quite incredible really.

A lot of people are struggling to even fuel their homes. That’ll make a season ticket unaffordable.

Eyrie
20-03-2022, 06:20 PM
Of course it has to do with affordability, especially in the current cost of living crisis. Unless you think we'd sell the same amount of season tickets if they were priced at £200 rather than £420.

It's about value for money as much as price. The cost of living means that people have to prioritise and the way we're currently playing, we'd shift as many season tickets at £200 as a good Hibs team would shift at £420.

Billy Whizz
20-03-2022, 06:37 PM

At some stage in your life, other things are more important than football, if money is tight

Stubbsy90+2
20-03-2022, 06:39 PM
At some stage in your life, other things are more important than football, if money is tight

:agree:

This season will see season tickets massively down the whole league over imo.

My gas and electric has went up enough to fund 3 or 4 season tickets on its own in the last year or so. Never mind everything else on top of that. I need gas and electric a hell of a lot more than a season ticket.

Billy Whizz
20-03-2022, 06:51 PM
:agree:

This season will see season tickets massively down the whole league over imo.

My gas and electric has went up enough to fund 3 or 4 season tickets on its own in the last year or so. Never mind everything else on top of that. I need gas and electric a hell of a lot more than a season ticket.

And loads of fans will be in a similar situation. How will the likes of football clubs react to this, if attendances and sponsorships go down
I remember the late 1980’s, early 1990’s when the interest rate almost reached 14%
We as a family had to prioritise where we spent our money
I don’t envy some during the current uncertainty

Lee Marvin
20-03-2022, 07:14 PM
We will be doing well to sell 8k next season

brianmc
20-03-2022, 08:03 PM

Do you think we'd sell the same amount if we were 10 points clear at the top of the League and nailed on for next season's Champions League group stages??

brianmc
20-03-2022, 08:06 PM
It's about value for money as much as price. The cost of living means that people have to prioritise and the way we're currently playing, we'd shift as many season tickets at £200 as a good Hibs team would shift at £420.

Totally agree.

IberianHibernian
20-03-2022, 08:55 PM
After 6 pages it`s clear that some fans won`t renew because of personal circumstances - young kids , moving away from Edinburgh area , work commitments etc just has always happened with STHs or walk up attendance in times when season tickets were not common . So nothing new there and that will always happen .
Second factor is economic situation . Reading last couple of pages , get the impression some people just don`t appreciate how badly economic situation can affect folk . Of course , we`d sell more STs and walk ups if team was doing better results and entertainment wise but even if we were top of league and cup favourites , many fans couldn`t afford or justify a ST or regular walk up prices . I`m an overseas fan so my contribution to club is Hibs TV International yearly subscription ( about 200 pounds ) plus Kicks For Kids x 2 plus merchandise , HSL when payment is possible ( possible at both ends ) and odd walk up tickets when I get to games . I`m self employed and with pandemic , borrowed money to pay Hibs TV in 2020 . A tiny example of how economic situation can affect support . Anyway , economic situation will obviously affect fans of all clubs so time for Hibs to take appropriate action .
Was decision to freeze prices right or should some prices have been reduced ? Maybe too late to change prices so time to add incentives to renew ? discounts for groups ? discounts if you bring a new STH ?
Personally I don`t think that a reduction in season ticket numbers is necessarily a bad thing if club makes a big effort to boost walk up numbers - more Football For a Fiver , more Kicks For Kids ( but for all ages ) , more packages with a few matches included , more offers to boost away support numbers , etc etc

matty_f
20-03-2022, 09:49 PM
Never have and never will.

:faf:

JimBHibees
21-03-2022, 06:44 AM
It’s been nearly 5 years since my last season book. Work commitments are one thing, living in Glasgow another. I get to see us here and there whenever I can and treasure it more than ever, regardless of what I’m watching at times on the pitch.

If you’re in a lucky enough position to do so then go on, renew. Forever and ever as we once sung.

Yeo not much of that on Saturday given the exodus once third goal went in.

LunasBoots
21-03-2022, 08:07 AM

Pretty much can't buy a ST ticket, just too much money for me, electricity and food prices increasing to ridiculous amounts so that's me out, will however walk up when I can.

hibee-boys
15-04-2022, 09:56 AM
Irrespective of the result, season ticket renewed today along with the ‘hibs family’ I go to games with. After following Hibs for 30 plus years a great performance/result is just an added bonus, most of us have seen far darker times than this current run of games. Going to ER is far more than just that 90mins, it’s the meeting of friends, the journey, the pre match beers/banter, the anticipation every of game, the buzz I get EVERY time I walk into the stadium, the post match celebrations/moans. The older I get, mid 40s, the more I realise that this Hibs ‘experience’ means far more to me than just the end result💚

Charlie123
17-04-2022, 06:49 AM
Pagan Hibernia same here. First time getting a ST since 07/08 season ( due to work commitments). Looking forward getting back to ER

flash
17-04-2022, 07:41 AM
Renewed this morning was always going to.

Hoping for some decent recruitment to compliment the better players in the squad leading to us being a lot better next season.

I think we will be.

H18 SFR
17-04-2022, 08:29 AM
We will be renewing ours as well, I’m hoping a seat either side might become free so I can get the youngest one as well but we will have to see.

Eyrie
17-04-2022, 09:21 AM
Despite being firmly in favour of a new manager, I'm still going to renew next month.

JimBHibees
17-04-2022, 09:29 AM
Definitely renewing want to see how Shaun does when given a preseason and window to mound the squad to how he wants obvious issue will be how much money has been lost being bottom 6 needs to be genuinely supported by both fans and club imo.

Sir David Gray
17-04-2022, 09:30 AM
I'll still be renewing at some point too even although I'm really unhappy with how things are going right now and not looking forward to next season.

stuarty84
21-04-2022, 10:24 AM
3 season tickets renewed today. While things haven’t been great this year, it’s only a matter of time before the good times return. I like Ron’s ambition for the club and this is my small way of backing him to put things right. Time to look forward, back the team and stick it to those that revel in us failing.

04Sauzee
21-04-2022, 10:32 AM
Haven't got round to renewing but 4 in our house will be renewing

Boss_Nass
21-04-2022, 10:37 AM
I’ll be firing into the renewal.

Green_one
21-04-2022, 10:52 AM
I will renew but will moan about it first. Have to get some pleasure

I had no hope for next season but it’s bounced a bit this week. Could be hopelessly wrong though. History proves that.

A Hi-Bee
21-04-2022, 10:58 AM
I will renew.

TheCabbage
21-04-2022, 11:11 AM
Just renewed this morning
.was on the to do list from end March to get it done

Berwickhibby
21-04-2022, 12:35 PM
Renewed this afternoon… always intended too

Vini1875
21-04-2022, 01:12 PM
Renewed. It's always darker just before the dawn. I have high hopes for the coming season.:flag:

Garymcl
21-04-2022, 01:42 PM
Renewing our group of 5 at end of month it’s time like these we should be backing the club even more in my opinion easy to buy season tickets after a successful season once a hibby always a hibby back the team :flag:

madsen5
21-04-2022, 03:32 PM
Renewed mine and my grandson's last week
GGTTH.

heid the baw
21-04-2022, 03:47 PM
I can't justify the renewal cost. Fuel bills, petrol and general living costs going one way whilst my modest income is standing still.
Something has to give. Hibs along with the occasional weekend city break to take in a band are the unfortunate losers that have to be culled to pay for the fuel company doubling my fuel bills.
I get the "it's only £8 a week" argument, but the fuel rise is far more than that figure and I have to find it from somewhere

LewysGot2
21-04-2022, 03:57 PM
Renewed this afternoon. Was going to leave it to just before the deadline but decided to just get on with it. Never ever easy just handing over a four figure sum but it's done again for another year. Stuff the rest of Scottish football, the rotten media and all who sail in her.
😂

eastterrace
21-04-2022, 04:01 PM
Renewed this afternoon. Was going to leave it to just before the deadline but decided to just get on with it. Stuff the rest of Scottish football and all who sail in her
When is the deadline does anyone know.

Gerard
21-04-2022, 04:02 PM
Will be bought as usual, eternal optimist🤣

Have renewed my ST

HibbyAndy
21-04-2022, 04:14 PM
Hink i'm going to change to the black comfier leather seats in the FF upper , I'm already in the FF upper but have an absolute bampot next to me that slags the team of for the entire match , What's the point in going !!

Is their a price guide online ?

LewysGot2
21-04-2022, 04:18 PM
When is the deadline does anyone know.

Think it's 15th May for the 6 month payment options?
17th of May for keeping your own seat?
Early bird ends 31st May

Bridge hibs
21-04-2022, 04:37 PM
Hink i'm going to change to the black comfier leather seats in the FF upper , I'm already in the FF upper but have an absolute bampot next to me that slags the team of for the entire match , What's the point in going !!

Is their a price guide online ?£475 for the posh seats mate, if they are at the bottom take wipes to scrub the seagull **** off 😵

Scotty Leither
21-04-2022, 04:46 PM
I'm in (again). Cannae go without my fix every weekend, I'm afraid.

JimBHibees
21-04-2022, 04:50 PM
Early bird ends 31st May

Are there ten month payment options?

LewysGot2
21-04-2022, 04:54 PM
Are there ten month payment options?

Yes there are but it's not interest free

eastterrace
21-04-2022, 05:15 PM
Early bird ends 31st May
Cheers for that. Will probably do it in next week or two.

HibbyAndy
21-04-2022, 05:51 PM
£475 for the posh seats mate, if they are at the bottom take wipes to scrub the seagull **** off 😵

:greengrin Seagull years ago shat on my leather jaicket in the ff lower , Ment to be good luck my erse :greengrin

Cheers mate , I get a sare erse from sitting doon all the time so comfy seats for me (And the boy):cb

Bridge hibs
21-04-2022, 06:19 PM
:greengrin Seagull years ago shat on my leather jaicket in the ff lower , Ment to be good luck my erse :greengrin

Cheers mate , I get a sare erse from sitting doon all the time so comfy seats for me (And the boy):cbI get shat on at least a couple of times a season, Im sure the ****ers just wait on me coming in 🤣

Funny thing is, Im not overly superstitious but I hate my Wife walking on my left, on our way to the East for some reason she walked on my left, I switched with her and seconds later a seagull opened its erse onto her head, my tea was in the dug after that 🤣

HibbyAndy
21-04-2022, 06:27 PM
I get shat on at least a couple of times a season, Im sure the ****ers just wait on me coming in 🤣

Funny thing is, Im not overly superstitious but I hate my Wife walking on my left, on our way to the East for some reason she walked on my left, I switched with her and seconds later a seagull opened its erse onto her head, my tea was in the dug after that 🤣

Ladies on the left men on the right , Nae wonder you got nae scran :hilarious:hilarious:greengrin:thumbsup:

Irish_Steve
21-04-2022, 07:36 PM

Cheers mate , I get a sare erse from sitting doon all the time so comfy seats for me (And the boy):cb

We've been sitting in them for years and they give a brilliant view down the pitch

And also, you will feel extremely smug when you see the plebs in the East getting soaked by the rain :wink::wink::wink:

Coco Bryce
25-04-2022, 09:28 AM
Trying to buy a ST for my youngest daughter.

It's her first one. As she doesn't have a profile set up yet does anyone know how I get it in her name?

Online I can only seem to have my name on it :confused:

Tried calling the ticket office but just ringing out...

overdrive
25-04-2022, 09:40 AM
Anybody having issues getting the ticketing website to accept payment? I've tried my debit card and two different credit cards and it is saying the details aren't valid.

Coco Bryce
25-04-2022, 09:47 AM
Where is the 6 month payment option? Is it the Direct Debit one? No mention of any 6 month payment plan on the website?

hibee_girl
25-04-2022, 09:48 AM
Trying to buy a ST for my youngest daughter.

It's her first one. As she doesn't have a profile set up yet does anyone know how I get it in her name?

Online I can only seem to have my name on it :confused:

Tried calling the ticket office but just ringing out...

Try emailing the ticket office [email protected]

I’ve had a few queries about swapping a seat over from one family member to another and they’ve answered emails really quickly.

Scouse Hibee
25-04-2022, 09:49 AM
Where is the 6 month payment option? Is it the Direct Debit one? No mention of any 6 month payment plan on the website?

It’s the direct debit option when you go to check out and pay.

hibee_girl
25-04-2022, 09:49 AM

Yeah it’s the direct debit option for the 6 month plan.

Coco Bryce
25-04-2022, 10:01 AM
Try emailing the ticket office [email protected]

I’ve had a few queries about swapping a seat over from one family member to another and they’ve answered emails really quickly.

Thank for that. Will give it a try.

flash
25-04-2022, 10:04 AM
Just did mine. In Keano we trust.

Coco Bryce
25-04-2022, 10:07 AM
Yeah it’s the direct debit option for the 6 month plan.

Cheers :wink:

Sure it was easier than this last year :greengrin

WhileTheChief..
25-04-2022, 10:09 AM

I'll renew on the day he's confirmed in post :greengrin

basehibby
25-04-2022, 11:47 AM
I don't think I'll be renewing - that's got little to do with on field performance and the manager merry-go-round though. More to do with uncertainty of income and the fact I don't get along to enough games to justify the outlay these days. I've been wavering for a few years now - was wavering but decided to support the club through lockdown and committed again this season, but if I'm not getting along to near enough all the games it becomes very difficult to justify.

overdrive
25-04-2022, 11:52 AM
Anybody having issues getting the ticketing website to accept payment? I've tried my debit card and two different credit cards and it is saying the details aren't valid.

Working now

MikeyS
25-04-2022, 12:10 PM

I'm holding off until we appoint Hartley & Thomson.

happiehibbie
25-04-2022, 01:06 PM
I have bought mine.

I think I have been a bit hastie but we will see

Coco Bryce
25-04-2022, 06:05 PM
It’s the direct debit option when you go to check out and pay.

Sorted. 2 STs renewed and one new family member for the 1st time.

I must be mad 😂

JimBHibees
25-04-2022, 06:18 PM
Sorted. 2 STs renewed and one new family member for the 1st time.

I must be mad 😂

Nah just love the Hibees :greengrin

ahibby
25-04-2022, 09:20 PM
Nah just love the Hibees :greengrin

Renewed today, had to persevere a bit because site wasnt best user friendly. Got there eventually though.

Malthibby
26-04-2022, 07:59 PM
Just renewed our three, hope rather than expectation but hey ho......
GG

Leith Green
26-04-2022, 08:06 PM
Can i add a new season ticket for my youngest son at same time i renew mines and my other 2 kids before deadline?

Mainstandman
27-04-2022, 08:57 PM
Can i add a new season ticket for my youngest son at same time i renew mines and my other 2 kids before deadline?
I believe so as long as the seat is free. Should collate as one sale in basket. Sign in before you start then add the new seats first then add renewals

oneone73
28-04-2022, 08:45 AM
Right that's me in again. Bring it on.

Coco Bryce
28-04-2022, 08:55 AM

Yes that's what I did. You need to open an account for them first. Log out of their account and log into your account and add their ref number to your group.

Pick the seat you want. add it to your basket then also add your tickets from the renew section. Sounds easy but I had a right hassle trying to get it to work on Monday.

Real Emerald
28-04-2022, 08:21 PM
After 20 year of continuous season tickets and many more before that I really have had enough and thought that’s it. But hey, I’ve renewed again today with the never ending hope we might be heading in the right direction. Onwards and upwards, GGTTH. 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

JohnM1875
30-04-2022, 06:35 PM
Have to say this season is the first season in a very long time I'm questioning myself after renewing. Worryingly I'm the positive one in our group who convinces the rest to renew. But I'm just not feeling it at all just now.

Next managerial appointment could well change that, but a wee bit scunnered right now.

H18 SFR
30-04-2022, 06:37 PM
Have to say this season is the first season in a very long time I'm questioning myself after renewing. Worryingly I'm the positive one in our group who convinces the rest to renew. But I'm just not feeling it at all just now.

Next managerial appointment could well change that, but a wee bit scunnered right now.

I’m sure a lot of fans will take a couple of weeks after the season ends to get the shambles this season has been out their system then see the manager coming in and recruitment starting then renew.

JamesHFC
30-04-2022, 06:42 PM

I know people who have been season ticket holders for over a decade, they are also debating whether to sign up because of work commitments, overall costs and also just the general motivation to turn up and watch how bad it is.

We need a good appointment and a marquee signing early doors in the summer to regain excitement and motivation. Can the people currently charge produce that? Honestly, I don’t think they can.

A Hi-Bee
30-04-2022, 06:43 PM
I have been watching Hibs for 60 years, now thinking I am going to wait, see who they bring in as manager. If they go with some dull one then my cash will go elsewhere, prices are rocketing and I can invest in many other things.
Over to you now Ron
:flag::flag::flag:

mutley
30-04-2022, 07:55 PM
Probably out of blind faith more than anything else, but renewed my ST today.

GGTTH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sir David Gray
30-04-2022, 08:04 PM
I'll still renew but I'm in absolutely no rush to do so.

I really worry about how bad the sales will be next season. People have so many reasons not to renew already with the cost of living being out of control, Hibs being utter pish will just be the final straw for many and make the decision for them.

Hibs are going to need to be very creative with their ticket prices next season if we're going to see half decent crowds at Easter Road.

Billy Whizz
30-04-2022, 08:07 PM
I'll still renew but I'm in absolutely no rush to do so.

I really worry about how bad the sales will be next season. People have so many reasons not to renew already with the cost of living being out of control, Hibs being utter pish will just be the final straw for many and make the decision for them.

Hibs are going to need to be very creative with their ticket prices next season if we're going to see half decent crowds at Easter Road.

They can’t be creative as they’ve announced season ticket prices, they have nowhere to go
My season ticket is £22.36 per game

Sir David Gray
30-04-2022, 08:10 PM
They can’t be creative as they’ve announced season ticket prices, they have nowhere to go
My season ticket is £22.36 per game

I meant for the walk up tickets.

JamesHFC
30-04-2022, 08:14 PM
I meant for the walk up tickets.

I think there should be a £20 cap for CAT B tickets. I understand after the pandemic they are probably trying to bring back profit but for a few pound cheaper I honestly think they would see higher sales.

mcfly
30-04-2022, 08:17 PM
The board have to get this new manager right it’s so important to sell season tickets

It’s vital we get an imaginative experienced manager to give fans hope as we new a massive clearout and lots of money for new signings.

The club needs the lost fans back but prices are too high in my view

Glory Lurker
30-04-2022, 08:25 PM
I think there should be a £20 cap for CAT B tickets. I understand after the pandemic they are probably trying to bring back profit but for a few pound cheaper I honestly think they would see higher sales.

I don’t think they can do this now folk (like me:greengrin) have already renewed at a higher price.

Sir David Gray
30-04-2022, 08:28 PM

There's no way they'll be able to do that since season ticket holders are paying just over £22 per game next season.

WestStandWillie
30-04-2022, 08:30 PM
Undecided.

GreenCastle
30-04-2022, 08:38 PM
Seems quite a few fans waiting to see who new manager is.

Then we have the recruitment too.

With the deadline 17th May we will be able to see how Many have renewed a few days after in seating plan.

PolmontHibby
30-04-2022, 09:25 PM
Never been so uncertain, but renewed a few days ago for what must be at least last 20+ years.

NAE NOOKIE
30-04-2022, 09:26 PM
Going to renew in May as I always do and AFAIK all of my party will be doing the same.

I'll get as angry as anybody at a poor team on the park and failings perceived or real by the owner and board, but so far as I'm concerned supporting my club is about doing just that, supporting it. That's the most basic definition of a football fan for me ..... through thick and thin come what may go along and support it.

The Wireless
30-04-2022, 09:53 PM
I will renew next week because that’s what real supporters do. If you want the club to go forward they need your help, simple as. The decision of sacking Ross at the time and Maloney was wrong. We will bounce back, of that I am sure, just don’t ask me when. Get behind the club because they need our support now more than ever. 🇳🇬

sunshinejim
30-04-2022, 09:57 PM
I will renew next week because that’s what real supporters do. If you want the club to go forward they need your help, simple as. The decision of sacking Ross at the time and Maloney was wrong. We will bounce back, of that I am sure, just don’t ask me when. Get behind the club because they need our support now more than ever. 🇳🇬

Best post of the day by a country mile.

:flag:

JamesHFC
30-04-2022, 09:59 PM
There's no way they'll be able to do that since season ticket holders are paying just over £22 per game next season.

I know that, I just think in general it shouldn’t cost more than £20 for ticket to any game other than Celtic, Rangers or Hearts. £32 to watch Hibs v Aberdeen in a dead rubber, scandalous.

ekhibee
30-04-2022, 10:00 PM
I will renew next week because that’s what real supporters do. If you want the club to go forward they need your help, simple as. The decision of sacking Ross at the time and Maloney was wrong. We will bounce back, of that I am sure, just don’t ask me when. Get behind the club because they need our support now more than ever. ����

I musn't be a 'real supporter' then, I've had a season ticket for the last 35 years but financial commitments prevent me from getting one this year. Me bad.

sunshinejim
30-04-2022, 10:05 PM
I musn't be a 'real supporter' then, I've had a season ticket for the last 35 years but financial commitments prevent me from getting one this year. Me bad.

Dearie me. Think it would have been obvious that he meant those who can afford to buy. Why didn't you just post that unfortunately you can't afford one this year instead of criticising the poster. No reasonable supporter would think that 'your bad' because of hardship.

Sir David Gray
30-04-2022, 10:10 PM
I know that, I just think in general it shouldn’t cost more than £20 for ticket to any game other than Celtic, Rangers or Hearts. £32 to watch Hibs v Aberdeen in a dead rubber, scandalous.

I certainly agree that £30+ to watch Hibs is ridiculous.

We're going to struggle to pull in season ticket holders next season and if we're charging £30 for walk ups to attend we're not going to encourage many non-season ticket holders to turn up.

tamig
30-04-2022, 10:13 PM

So where does the creative ticket pricing you suggested come into the mix? What do you propose?

Sir David Gray
30-04-2022, 10:21 PM
So where does the creative ticket pricing you suggested come into the mix? What do you propose?

I don't know but something that doesn't result in most walk up adults paying £32 to watch Hibs playing Dundee Utd and Aberdeen would be a good start.

Something needs to be attempted or else Easter Road will be like a ghost town next season.

ekhibee
30-04-2022, 10:47 PM
Dearie me. Think it would have been obvious that he meant those who can afford to buy. Why didn't you just post that unfortunately you can't afford one this year instead of criticising the poster. No reasonable supporter would think that 'your bad' because of hardship.

I've got every right to critisize them, there's plenty of fans who can't afford to get season tickets this year, for many different reasons, they are real fans just as I am, if it had been that obvious I would never have raised it in the first place so maybe you should reserve your comments for somebody who seems quick enough to critisize people who for one reason or another can't get a season ticket this year when they've been loyal fans and have coughed up money for a season ticket since before some of the people on here were even born.

sunshinejim
30-04-2022, 10:56 PM
I've got every right to critisize them, there's plenty of fans who can't afford to get season tickets this year, for many different reasons, they are real fans just as I am, if it had been that obvious I would never have raised it in the first place so maybe you should reserve your comments for somebody who seems quick enough to critisize people who for one reason or another can't get a season ticket this year when they've been loyal fans and have coughed up money for a season ticket since before some of the people on here were even born.

He didn't say that anyone who couldn't afford a season ticket was 'bad'. It would reasonably be expected that supporters who can't afford season tickets are still supporters facing hardship. Has it really got to the stage where fellow supporters cannot encourage other supporters to renew without offending those who unfortunately cannot afford them? He was simply trying to encourage season ticket uptake?

ekhibee
30-04-2022, 11:06 PM
He didn't say that anyone who couldn't afford a season ticket was 'bad'. It would reasonably be expected that supporters who can't afford season tickets are still supporters facing hardship. Has it really got to the stage where fellow supporters cannot encourage other supporters to renew without offending those who unfortunately cannot afford them? He was simply trying to encourage season ticket uptake?

Fair enough. Sadly, nowadays a lot of people seem to be quite quick to use words and phrases which imply one thing but mean another, but at the end of the day we're all part of the Hibs family one way or another. And if that's what he meant then good on him.

jgl07
30-04-2022, 11:20 PM
I will renew reluctantly. More out of habit than anything else.

The dismissal of Jack Ross was hard to take for me. This was particularly the case since he was replaced by a manager with great potential but who appeared to have no clue as to cope with the situation that Hibs were in.

I have attended fewer Hibs matches this season than previously but have taken advantage of the video link for most of the matches that I was not present.

Does anyone know if this is available for home matches next season?

sunshinejim
30-04-2022, 11:36 PM
Fair enough. Sadly, nowadays a lot of people seem to be quite quick to use words and phrases which imply one thing but mean another, but at the end of the day we're all part of the Hibs family one way or another. And if that's what he meant then good on him.

Absolutely mate. There's no way I personally would condone anyone being snobbish regarding finances. Its a hard game for us Hi bees. We were never part of the jambo establishment that looks after its own. Hardship is part and parcel of most Hibernians. No worries mate.

NAE NOOKIE
01-05-2022, 12:08 AM

Reading the guys post it pretty well 'was' that obvious. You don't have to be in bloody MENSA to take it as read that he wasn't talking about folk who simply can't afford a season ticket or who for other reason's like work commitments for example make buying one impractical.

A thread like this one pops up every time STs are up for renewal and every time Hibs have a big game and every time anybody dares to suggest folk not buying ST's or Hampden tickets could be more committed to their team they get lectures about folk not being able to afford them, even though the folk posting haven't intended in the slightest to suggest that folk should ignore the electricity bill, or the kids new shoes, or the next mortgage payment and give their money to Hibs instead.
By this time and after countless threads on the subject most folk you would think would take it as read that who is being addressed in these posts are the folk who can afford to buy STs but simply can't be arsed because the club isn't performing to their liking and not folk who have very good non football related reasons not to attend a game or games.

In the semi final tickets thread we had a guy having a go because his near enough 80 year old dad or uncle ( whatever it was ) wasn't going because he was too infirm to attend the match ....... that's how ridiculous this is getting, in what world did that guy think anybody would have a go at a fellow Hibby for not attending in these circumstances, but that's what he was suggesting folk were doing.

So in short, nobody, absolutely nobody, least of all me, is criticising you for being unable to buy a season ticket for next year due to financial circumstances or calling into question your right to call yourself a Hibs fan because of it, it wouldn't matter a toss if you had held a season ticket for the previous 35 years or never held one at all ... The only fans being called out here are the ones who can afford to attend matches of the team the say they are supporters of but won't because of it's recent results and performances and for no other reasons .... what right do they have to call themselves 'supporters' of Hibernian football club? Because the fact is they are about as much use to Hibs as your average Jambo, in fact less because at least next season a few thousand Jambos will pay to get into Easter Road.

HH81
01-05-2022, 04:40 AM
I certainly agree that £30+ to watch Hibs is ridiculous.

We're going to struggle to pull in season ticket holders next season and if we're charging £30 for walk ups to attend we're not going to encourage many non-season ticket holders to turn up.

The walk up prices will increase again IMO.

They need to do away with Aberdeen and DU as cat B and just have a cat A and B.

Cat B 25.00 adult
Cat A 30.00

Just do that above then its clear and easy to understand.

If they keep pricing structure from this season, I can honestly see cat B being 29 to 33 or maybe 30 to 34.

So a 1/2 quid increase in all sections.

mcfly
01-05-2022, 07:21 AM
Prices are far too high imo

However season tickets will be slow due to not having a manager in place yet.

If it’s a big name experienced manager then seats will sell.

Not sure an Appleton (he may be great) would excite the fans enough.

Regardless there has to be a massive clearout prob never seen before at Easter road. The players are the problem, just NOT good enough, no bottle, no goals in the team and players been there too long in a comfort zone offering nothing. .

Embarrassing to charge £30 to watch that

Fans deserve better - attitude at the club needs to change - fans are fed up with the acceptance of a losing attitude at Easter road.

Phil MaGlass
01-05-2022, 07:28 AM
I reckon ST,s will be down for most clubs, cost of living, food,brexit, energy prices and inflation all to blame its going to be a few hard years ahead, especially with the uk govt and the bbc downplaying brexit, that will hit even harder in the next year or two.

Gatecrasher
01-05-2022, 08:33 AM
Not renewing, first time not buying a ST in 24 years.

The football is ***** - Saturdays feel more like a chore than a hobby.

I don't like the way the club is being run - I don't think Ron knows what the **** he's doing and sacking JR without a replacement in mind a week before a cup final is amatuer like.
Any good graces from the cup final win are long gone and the club is once again being outperformed by those on much smaller budgets.

You can't watch the games on Hibs tv
They are overpriced

The dalmeny
01-05-2022, 08:39 AM
The walk up prices will increase again IMO.

They need to do away with Aberdeen and DU as cat B and just have a cat A and B.

Cat B 25.00 adult
Cat A 30.00

Just do that above then its clear and easy to understand.

If they keep pricing structure from this season, I can honestly see cat B being 29 to 33 or maybe 30 to 34.

So a 1/2 quid increase in all sections.

Watching Sportscene I really noticed loads of empty seats at all the grounds. There has to be something that can be done on ticket prices, once the walk up fan stops coming it must be bloody hard to get them back