PDA

View Full Version : Stand up comedy

ErinGoBraghHFC
09-03-2022, 12:24 AM
Needing some recommendations because during my recent covid isolation, I've completed Netflix's back catalogue. Really enjoyed Mo Gilligan's most recent special, Jimmy Carr, Jim Jeffries (unfortunate name for the big guy) and Frankie Boyle are my usual sort of thing... Please help if you've any ideas

DH1875
09-03-2022, 07:43 AM
Needing some recommendations because during my recent covid isolation, I've completed Netflix's back catalogue. Really enjoyed Mo Gilligan's most recent special, Jimmy Carr, Jim Jeffries (unfortunate name for the big guy) and Frankie Boyle are my usual sort of thing... Please help if you've any ideas

Bill Burr. His earlier stuff is better than his later stuff though.

Frazerbob
09-03-2022, 11:06 AM
Paul Smith, check out his You Tube channel. He’s got the most original watched comedy clips on You Tube.

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-03-2022, 01:32 PM

Jim Jeffries is tremendous. 😂

Fuzzywuzzy
09-03-2022, 06:33 PM
Always liked Bert kreischer

Hibby70
10-03-2022, 04:06 PM
Bill Burr. His earlier stuff is better than his later stuff though.

I watched a bit of him recently - talking about adopting children which was very funny. Not for everyone I expect 🤬

brianmc
10-03-2022, 06:57 PM
Daniel Sloss and Jimeoin are decent as well.

Onceinawhile
10-03-2022, 07:43 PM
George carlin jammin in New York or back in town.

Any Doug Stanhope - he's frankie boyle's favourite comedian

ErinGoBraghHFC
10-03-2022, 10:34 PM
Completely different style to those mentioned before but Gabriel Iglesias is outstanding as well

DH1875
13-03-2022, 01:50 AM
I watched a bit of him recently - talking about adopting children which was very funny. Not for everyone I expect 🤬

Not for everyone but going by OP other suggestions, fits right in.

ErinGoBraghHFC
13-03-2022, 02:13 AM
Watched some boy on Netflix called Anthony Jesselnik the other day. From my original list of favourites you can see I'm not bothered by offensive, edgy, close to the bone jokes. But **** me, that was certainly something. I don't even know if I liked it, I think I'd be ashamed to say I enjoyed it if I did. Didn't seem to be any sort of story to it, any sort of cohesion whatsoever. Just absolute vitriol for about an hour, was certainly cheap at points as well.

Northernhibee
13-03-2022, 08:46 AM
Daniel Sloss and Jimeoin are decent as well.

Daniel Sloss is brilliant. I don’t recommend his podcast or his book as they make him sound like a complete tosser but his stand up is fantastic.

Northernhibee
13-03-2022, 08:46 AM
Chloe Pett is very good.

Speedy
13-03-2022, 01:48 PM

Tom Stade has a similar outrageous and controversial style to Carr, Jeffries and Boyle.

Northernhibee
13-03-2022, 06:20 PM
Kai Humphries is very good.

Lancs Harp
13-03-2022, 08:32 PM
Everton and Leeds have been pretty funny this season. Not to mention the comedy soap opera of the year at Old Trafford. :greengrin

overdrive
14-03-2022, 01:59 PM
Tom Stade has a similar outrageous and controversial style to Carr, Jeffries and Boyle.

He almost caused a riot at one of the late night shows at the Fringe that I was at a number of years ago with some of the stuff he was coming out with. He had to make a run for it as few audience members were trying to get on stage to deck him. IIRC he was the last act on, so it kind of left a sour taste in the mouth after that.

PeeJay
14-03-2022, 04:38 PM
Konstantin Kisin - "Russian" comedian - one of the many good Russians out there ...

Konstantin Kisin - Accused - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwoGHGKKhRs)

Triggernometry - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7oPkqeHTwuOZ5CZ-R9f-6w)

ErinGoBraghHFC
14-03-2022, 05:48 PM
He almost caused a riot at one of the late night shows at the Fringe that I was at a number of years ago with some of the stuff he was coming out with. He had to make a run for it as few audience members were trying to get on stage to deck him. IIRC he was the last act on, so it kind of left a sour taste in the mouth after that.

I don't know how to take that... But I'll definitely give him a try after reading this 😂

Speedy
14-03-2022, 10:28 PM

Doesn't surprise me. A few folk walked out when I saw him.

Speedy
14-03-2022, 10:32 PM
I don't know how to take that... But I'll definitely give him a try after reading this 😂

https://studentnewspaper.org/tom-stade-you-aint-seen-nothing-yet-review/

Frazerbob
15-03-2022, 01:48 AM
Tom Stade is brilliant. Seen him many times over the years at the Fringe and beyond. Very good guy too, loves a bevvy!

Bridge hibs
15-03-2022, 05:51 AM
Tom Stade is brilliant. Seen him many times over the years at the Fringe and beyond. Very good guy too, loves a bevvy!

Agree, had a pint with him before one of his preview shows many years back at a student place at the Pleasance, thought he was really good, critic Kate Copstick was sitting behind us scribbling on her note pad

I spoke to him at the Meadows a couple of years later when he was kicking a ball about with his Son, great guy to chat to, even off stage he is bonkers 🤣