PDA

View Full Version : Fan and Stadium Experience

Power
08-03-2022, 09:16 AM
𝗧𝗵𝘂𝗿𝘀𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝟭𝟬𝘁𝗵 𝗠𝗮𝗿𝗰𝗵

Are you free Thursday night?

The club marketing team is looking for fans available for an hour between 6pm & 9pm for a discussion with University of Edinburgh and individuals in the club on Fan and Stadium Experience.

This will be at Easter Road in the West Stand.

If you’re free, drop me a PM here or [email protected]

mokie
08-03-2022, 04:50 PM
If the club get the bit on the park right then the rest will fall into place very easily.

Most fans aren't really bothered about how many business partners we have , how nice the screens look and certainly not opera singers pre match. Whoever came up with that one needs to give their head a wobble I have to say....

The only way we will improve the match day experience will be to start scoring goals and of course winning games...

flash
08-03-2022, 05:28 PM
If the club get the bit on the park right then the rest will fall into place very easily.

Most fans aren't really bothered about how many business partners we have , how nice the screens look and certainly not opera singers pre match. Whoever came up with that one needs to give their head a wobble I have to say....

The only way we will improve the match day experience will be to start scoring goals and of course winning games...

So are you free Thursday night?

mokie
08-03-2022, 05:31 PM

After what I posted above , I don't think I need to waste my time on Thursday night rocking up at the stadium........

KP , will these points be passed onto the powers that be at the club ???

Hibbyradge
08-03-2022, 05:35 PM

Helpful.

Allant1981
08-03-2022, 05:43 PM
After what I posted above , I don't think I need to waste my time on Thursday night rocking up at the stadium........

Yet you moan about the things the club have done? Unless they get feedback or ideas how are they supposed to get things right, of course winning will help but theres much more to running a football club whether you like it or not

Mick O'Rourke
08-03-2022, 05:46 PM

John Inman might be !

Stadium Experience? Who made that phrase up ?

Leaving ER in the sixties on a wet cold January night after standing on the uncovered main terracing for an hour and a half getting a boring goalless draw and a soaking against Airdrieonians was a real "Stadium Experience"

Oh.. the good old days!!

Toffee Apples !!

St.Kristopher
08-03-2022, 05:46 PM
If the club gets the bit on the park right then the rest will fall into place very easily.

These are two connected but completely different things. Maloney and his team are working on things on the park. However, I am pleased to hear the others members of the team at Hibs are interested to know what they could do to improve our experience at the game.

I might be greedy, but I want both. I want to see more goals and wins (I hope and believe will come). However, there are things that, when that comes, could still help make our day out better. Standing section, activities for kids, faster service in the pie stalls, support for the singing section, priority over away fans in cat A games in leaving early and for me summer football. So I am please the club are listening.

I'd didn't love the opera singer, but it was something different. Has resulted in me talking about the game in two settings I would normally not.

Hibbyradge
08-03-2022, 06:14 PM
Manchester City have a brilliant fan zone outside the ground. There are bars, food outlets,vTV screens and sometimes live music.

I realise that that's not possible at ER, but it really does make for a good day out.

Jones28
08-03-2022, 06:17 PM
Manchester City have a brilliant fan zone outside the ground. There are bars, food outlets,vTV screens and sometimes live music.

I realise that that's not possible at ER, but it really does make for a good day out.

It could be done at the back of the east, or at the west stand car park.

hibee316
08-03-2022, 06:23 PM
Most fans aren't really bothered...

I'm glad you feel confident to speak for our entire fan base.

I went to see Hamburg play a few years ago. The football was shocking, Hamburg were rank. However the experience I had as a fan ment that if i lived there I would be there for every game.
Great food, beer, atmosphere...

wandering_hibee
08-03-2022, 06:53 PM
In answer to KP's question, I can't manage on Thursday night but I was one who, on the survey asked for more entertainment before and at half time.

I drive from North of Perth to home games and I would like to have more of an experience at games. Pre-match entertainment should help atmosphere and bring the crowds in and something at half time for those of us that don't head to the long queues on the concourses would be good too.

So perhaps the young lady on Saturday didn't work, even though her voice was fantastic, but something else will.

What would helped would have been to announced, in advance who she was and the fact that she was performing, surely that is what Social Media is for, keeping us all informed. I think that trying more things is the way forward and letting us all know in advance so that we arrive early to appreciate it or decide that it is not for us.

mokie
08-03-2022, 07:03 PM
Yet you moan about the things the club have done? Unless they get feedback or ideas how are they supposed to get things right, of course winning will help but theres much more to running a football club whether you like it or not

Unless you didn’t notice , my feedback is there for all to see. If I wanted a opera singer on a Saturday afternoon then I’d go to a theatre somewhere.

H18 SFR
08-03-2022, 07:08 PM
Unless you didn’t notice , my feedback is there for all to see. If I wanted a opera singer on a Saturday afternoon then I’d go to a theatre somewhere.

This is a really positive opportunity for the fans to engage. Would you consider just giving it a pass bye for the greater good?

I was considering putting my name down but I’m worried this will be the kind of rubbish that’s spouted on the night.

Greenio
08-03-2022, 07:09 PM
I swear there are some proper miserable old gits on here.

Onion
08-03-2022, 07:23 PM

Hibs have concluded winning at football is just too damn hard and expensive. Instead, corporate focus is on becoming an inclusive, cultural, environmental activist group for lost souls who are happy to pay to stay away, and it's gaining traction :aok:

bigwheel
08-03-2022, 08:28 PM

Of course they won’t….some individual ramble of a post on a fans forum isn’t going to be shared as a representative view….

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Allant1981
08-03-2022, 08:33 PM

Think you need to chill a bit, maybe a night at the opera would help

Pretty Boy
08-03-2022, 08:34 PM

Doesn't get fans through the door though.

Then again in City's case neither does a winning team.

mokie
08-03-2022, 08:35 PM
Of course they won’t….some individual ramble of a post on a fans forum isn’t going to be shared as a representative view….

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

in all fairness , I’m asking KP. :aok::aok:

mokie
08-03-2022, 08:35 PM
Doesn't get fans through the door though.

Then again in City's case neither does a winning team.

Sold out at the weekend there. :aok::aok::aok::aok:

Keith_M
08-03-2022, 08:36 PM
The OP made a reasonable request and the first response is some moaning git.

Not helpful.

GibbytheHibby2
08-03-2022, 08:41 PM
Or maybe A Day At The Races?

mokie
08-03-2022, 08:42 PM
The OP made a reasonable request and the first response is some moaning git.

Not helpful.

Who is moaning exactly ?? I cba trailing into ER so there’s a platform to put your point of view on here instead. There’s a difference between moaning and commenting.

Hulk1875
08-03-2022, 08:44 PM
When at a game in Germany England or wherever fans zones with stuff going on food and beers always a winner,
Just doesn’t seem like will work in Scotland haha

greenginger
08-03-2022, 08:45 PM
John Inman might be !

Stadium Experience? Who made that phrase up ?

Leaving ER in the sixties on a wet cold January night after standing on the uncovered main terracing for an hour and a half getting a boring goalless draw and a soaking against Airdrieonians was a real "Stadium Experience"

Oh.. the good old days!!

Toffee Apples !!

and the spearmint gum ! :greengrin

mokie
08-03-2022, 08:47 PM

Any recommendations? I’m gonna skip Turandot since Nessan Dorma was murdered at the weekend there.

mokie
08-03-2022, 08:48 PM

I’m not a gambler but thanks anyway.

Mick O'Rourke
08-03-2022, 08:48 PM

Full Marx :greengrin

:singing::singing::kbacker::kbacker::kbacker::kbac ker:

Mick O'Rourke
08-03-2022, 09:00 PM
I’m not a gambler but thanks anyway.

"A night at the opera" and "A day at the races" were famous Marx Brothers films.

They called it a "Cinema Experience"
Wee tub o Lyons Maid ice cream, wae a wee wooden spoon.
Or a Mivvi ice Lolly
Heaven on a stick :greengrin

McD
08-03-2022, 10:03 PM
"A night at the opera" and "A day at the races" were famous Marx Brothers films.

They called it a "Cinema Experience"
Wee tub o Lyons Maid ice cream, wae a wee wooden spoon.
Or a Mivvi ice Lolly
Heaven on a stick :greengrin

also both are Queen albums if the other poster would prefer them to the opera singer :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
09-03-2022, 06:25 AM

have you ever attended a feedback session?
you might find the interactive nature better that firing off a post on a forum. But it’s always helpful to listen to the question KP was quite clear in his ask.

You have a view in what stadium experience is. Let the group listen, understand. and explore ideas. There’s a whole world of Hibbiedom out there who knows? maybe getting out the four walls might be beneficial?

I would hope that one persons take doesn’t put others off attending esp if the person has ever actually been able or minded to attend in person but fire off stuff into the ether. The evening I’d imagine should be facilitated so everyone gets a chance to speak. People tend to be constructive

bigwheel
09-03-2022, 06:44 AM

I’m sure even you don’t believe he’s going to take one random post and explore it with the Hibs board ….would be the wackiest “fans views” session ever ..

the process of fan engagement is about finding out the key themes and topics that numerous fans care about - rather than an individual doing the equivalent of shouting their opinion on social media .

RIP
09-03-2022, 07:31 AM
I’m sure even you don’t believe he’s going to take one random post and explore it with the Hibs board ….would be the wackiest “fans views” session ever ..

the process of fan engagement is about finding out the key themes and topics that numerous fans care about - rather than an individual doing the equivalent of shouting their opinion on social media .

This

Every Hibs initiative in the past 15-20 years has come out of suggestions discussed at a fans forum

mokie
09-03-2022, 11:24 AM
have you ever attended a feedback session?
you might find the interactive nature better that firing off a post on a forum. But it’s always helpful to listen to the question KP was quite clear in his ask.

You have a view in what stadium experience is. Let the group listen, understand. and explore ideas. There’s a whole world of Hibbiedom out there who knows? maybe getting out the four walls might be beneficial?

I would hope that one persons take doesn’t put others off attending esp if the person has ever actually been able or minded to attend in person but fire off stuff into the ether. The evening I’d imagine should be facilitated so everyone gets a chance to speak. People tend to be constructive

On many occasion yeh hence why I put my post on here and not at the stadium in person....

mokie
09-03-2022, 11:25 AM

Of course I don't no.. What a ridiculous thing to imply... For the record , I am certainly not shouting..

Nicho87
09-03-2022, 02:46 PM
I really like the pop up bar behind the east for the two weeks that was up before we didn’t get an extended license.

Growing that you can have some memorabilia in there to buy which I’m sure after a pint or two is always an easier sell

Guitar player in these tents blasting hibs songs 30 minutes before last orders would help generate excitement.

CentreLine
09-03-2022, 03:02 PM
I really like the pop up bar behind the east for the two weeks that was up before we didn’t get an extended license.

Growing that you can have some memorabilia in there to buy which I’m sure after a pint or two is always an easier sell

Guitar player in these tents blasting hibs songs 30 minutes before last orders would help generate excitement.

Absolutely. Nothing quite like a bit of a lives session to get the juices flowing.
A few, unobtrusive seats around the perimeter wall of open spaces under the stands would be a good, pre-match and half time venue fir that. The queues at the pie stalls might join in a sing song

Maybe television screens in these areas showing the match would be helpful for those of us with smaller bladders than some seem to have 😳

OstKurve Hibs
09-03-2022, 03:15 PM
I swear there are some proper miserable old gits on here.

Place is full of them,

Hibeesforever
09-03-2022, 03:43 PM

A pop up bar, should be a minimum why can they do this at rugby but not football matches....ridiculous.!

Hibs4185
09-03-2022, 05:31 PM

You might be onto something here…

A wee horse race or greyhound race at halftime so we can all have a flutter during half time.

Or an egg and spoon race for the lower famous five

Viva_Palmeiras
09-03-2022, 09:27 PM
On many occasion yeh hence why I put my post on here and not at the stadium in person....

good so you know how it works. Each to their own. Boa noite.