PDA

View Full Version : Russian Market for players

hibeedonald
08-03-2022, 07:49 AM
I noticed that Fifa have allowed players to suspend their contracts with teams in Russia.

This could potentially see a lot of players looking for a club mid season.

It could be an opportunity for Hibs to sign a player or 2 as free agents that we wouldn't normally have access to? I would imagine Edinburgh would be an attractive prospect for someone in Russia right now.

Given our injuries and the opportunity for short term contracts, I hope the club is looking into this.

04Sauzee
08-03-2022, 08:17 AM
jordan larsson has been linked with Celtic because of this ruling.

LunasBoots
08-03-2022, 08:20 AM
I'd imagine the money we could offer would be a stumbling block

Stubbsy90+2
08-03-2022, 11:47 AM
So can these players sign out with the window as some sort of special dispensation type thing?

Or are they stuck not playing until the summer?

hibeedonald
08-03-2022, 12:14 PM
So can these players sign out with the window as some sort of special dispensation type thing?

Or are they stuck not playing until the summer?

They can sign now.

As for the question of affordability, I'm sure we could compete for some players in the lower half of the Russian league or players not in the starting 11.

Supply will outweigh demand given the influx and I think Hibs could get someone they wouldn't normally be able to afford.

Coco Bryce
08-03-2022, 12:15 PM
How will these players get here if they can't fly?

lord bunberry
08-03-2022, 12:20 PM

They’ll have to fly to another country first. There’s still some countries flying in and out of Russia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tamig
08-03-2022, 12:32 PM
Personally I think this is a pretty crass thread when you consider what’s going on at the moment.

easty
08-03-2022, 12:33 PM
It’s for foreign players playing in Russia or Ukraine. They have until the 8th April to get a move.

easty
08-03-2022, 12:34 PM
Personally I think this is a pretty crass thread when you consider what’s going on at the moment.

How is it? Nobody is being forced to move. No clubs are being forced to sell. It’s just giving everyone an option.

Why does everything have to offend someone nowadays?

tamig
08-03-2022, 12:39 PM
How is it? Nobody is being forced to move. No clubs are being forced to sell. It’s just giving everyone an option.

Why does everything have to offend someone nowadays?

I care more more about the people of Ukraine at the moment rather than seeing what Hibs can pick out of the bones of the situation. Just my opinion that the discussion is in poor taste. Not liking the basis of a thread doesn’t equate to being offended.

easty
08-03-2022, 12:44 PM
I care more more about the people of Ukraine at the moment rather than seeing what Hibs can pick out of the bones of the situation. Just my opinion that the discussion is in poor taste. Not liking the basis of a thread doesn’t equate to being offended.

They’re not mutually exclusive, you can care about what’s happening to the people of Ukraine and still support football teams going about their business.

I dinnae see how it’s in poor taste at all to be honest. You’re making it seem like we’d be vultures. There are no mandatory sales. Players aren’t free to leave. It’s just an option, for clubs and players.

Ronniekirk
08-03-2022, 12:46 PM

Nuclear Submarine

Tommy75
08-03-2022, 12:48 PM

So what will you think of any clubs who sign these players?

HoboHarry
08-03-2022, 12:56 PM
Nuclear Submarine
Captain Vlad steering the vessel?

HoboHarry
08-03-2022, 12:57 PM
They can join Raith Rovers and Clyde on the naughty step....

tamig
08-03-2022, 12:58 PM

That’s their prerogative. I’d rather we didn’t look to sign players who’ve taken the dirty rouble.

easty
08-03-2022, 12:59 PM
That’s their prerogative. I’d rather we didn’t look to sign players who’ve taken the dirty rouble.

It’s foreign players based in Ukraine too

Paul1642
08-03-2022, 01:10 PM

We took Gary O’Connor back after his time in Russia. There will be plenty players Playing over their who done so for footballing reasons. If one is a good fit for Hibs right now then why wouldn’t we.

Ronniekirk
08-03-2022, 01:12 PM
Captain Vlad steering the vessel?

Swimming in front towing it ffs Those photos of him swimming in Scottish lochs were crackers Did he ever appear in the match day programme swimming