PDA

View Full Version : AGM tonight - anyone going?

Hibby_Paul
03-03-2022, 12:09 PM
Anyone going to AGM tonight, think it’s 6pm it’s on.

i’d emailed to register but work will likely scupper me going now :-(

hopefully someone going can post some highlights later.

Valencia
03-03-2022, 01:16 PM
Forgot all about it!!!

overdrive
03-03-2022, 01:25 PM
I was going to go but something has come up so I can't make it along. Shame as I was looking forward to the free pie (assuming that's still a thing)

Golden Bear
03-03-2022, 01:30 PM
Forgot all about it!!!

And me.

danhibees1875
03-03-2022, 01:46 PM
I was going to go but something has come up so I can't make it along. Shame as I was looking forward to the free pie (assuming that's still a thing)

The quality of pie has gotten so good I don't even mind paying for them anymore!

Had forgotten the AGM was tonight too though.

greenlex
03-03-2022, 01:55 PM
Used to be a 6 page highlight. Sad times.:greengrin

hibbydad
03-03-2022, 02:24 PM
Used to be a 6 page highlight. Sad times.:greengrin
I am definitely going

Logie Green
03-03-2022, 02:33 PM
I’m going. Hopefully we’ll get some excitement at Easter Road for a change.....

Alfred E Newman
03-03-2022, 02:36 PM
6pm KO isn't convenient for the working man or out of towners.
I'll give it a miss this year.

greenginger
03-03-2022, 03:09 PM

As an oap townie , I’ll be there , if I can negotiate the cross town roadworks. :greengrin

JimBHibees
03-03-2022, 03:17 PM
Is this online?

banchoryhibs
03-03-2022, 03:37 PM
Is this online?

Don't think so. Ron is joining online but I've not seen any mention of this being open to shareholders.

JimBHibees
03-03-2022, 03:40 PM
Don't think so. Ron is joining online but I've not seen any mention of this being open to shareholders.

:aok:

ancient hibee
03-03-2022, 03:41 PM
Is this online?

No.

CentreLine
03-03-2022, 04:20 PM
Not going to make it tonight. Will be interested to hear how it goes though.
I wanted to raise the issue of the promised entertaining football being a distant hope and how we are in danger of being renamed Hibernian-nil if things don’t improve.

If anyone suggest Sean Maloney needs time then they are right, given what we need is stability. But we have to ask why, when things were moving forward under Jack Ross, his time was cut short. What we needed then was stability too but most of all we needed a proper ball carrier in midfield and a striker that actually does. Why did that not happen in the winter window?

Eater Road is not a happy or entertaining place to visit right now. If ever there was a time to get it right on the pitch it was this year. The rewards for third place are immense fir a club like Hibs. Regardless of the arithmetic possibility, any realistic commentator knows that is now beyond us.

Oh! And don’t start me on the interminable back passing

mokie
03-03-2022, 04:24 PM
Not going to make it tonight. Will be interested to hear how it goes though.
I wanted to raise the issue of the promised entertaining football being a distant hope and how we are in danger of being renamed Hibernian-nil if things don’t improve.

If anyone suggest Sean Maloney needs time then they are right, given what we need is stability. But we have to ask why, when things were moving forward under Jack Ross, his time was cut short. What we needed then was stability too but most of all we needed a proper ball carrier in midfield and a striker that actually does. Why did that not happen in the winter window?

Eater Road is not a happy or entertaining place to visit right now. If ever there was a time to get it right on the pitch it was this year. The rewards for third place are immense fir a club like Hibs. Regardless of the mathematical possibility, any realistic commentator knows that is now beyond us.

Maybe off the park they were but they were certainly not on it.. The football on display was brutal Eye bleeding to say the least..

Big_Franck
03-03-2022, 04:26 PM
This is the 3rd year in a row I've not received an email or letter about this. I contacted someone at the club when I moved address and they assured me my contact details would be updated but clearly that hasn't happened.

Does anyone know who at the club would sort out the contact details for shareholders for the AGM?

matty_f
03-03-2022, 04:31 PM

Clashed with a night out so i’m missing this one as well.

Billy Whizz
03-03-2022, 04:32 PM
This is the 3rd year in a row I've not received an email or letter about this. I contacted someone at the club when I moved address and they assured me my contact details would be updated but clearly that hasn't happened.

Does anyone know who at the club would sort out the contact details for shareholders for the AGM?

Chris Haunt’s name is on the below. Think he’s the Financial Director and secretary

Surely if you turned up with ID proof, you’d get in though?

https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/document-api-images-live.ch.gov.uk/docs/_jCl8Qkx_Ploeo9RLuH9q4mxSP5saFOMAwiUOZSI-aA/application-pdf?X-Amz-Algorithm=AWS4-HMAC-SHA256&X-Amz-Credential=ASIAWRGBDBV3IAUR3CPL%2F20220303%2Feu-west-2%2Fs3%2Faws4_request&X-Amz-Date=20220303T173018Z&X-Amz-Expires=60&X-Amz-Security-Token=IQoJb3JpZ2luX2VjEN%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2 F%2F%2FwEaCWV1LXdlc3QtMiJGMEQCIF3r7F4GAbL7eGUhMa0Q JUXaLrcRgetzbJPi%2BsKObMCbAiAu7M%2Fz9TrCvyR5XtJE87 EvoFZPbTkReaExozHdEZmP8Sr6AwhIEAQaDDQ0OTIyOTAzMjgy MiIMAfV%2FbpBRv7xc56zxKtcD39M3zb0QGJM%2F1dmQyD0ytx 82br4hNEdRhwQvzSS%2FLve9JVd7P1I9lkysbGM8eUdyk49J2t 01pSh8QnyW2Dr1PtFmN6tD967rLDBtYVypy63iQtyhEKQXOjgl bCg2AD3Ihto0xzpsJh5YCxATmvH5bUDcMJsJdbxVyz08vKz0Ng xvury0qJBrQ55EZTosnyfAIUk8YQejvyHNMWtX%2BP3Yr4zEiu PgnBGCUpCt0rbknvxTraH8mLnBnQZVTPL65NEnGi%2FIzbdFE0 Erst9o9Tvi2CxF8RsvNI%2BICtaUsOx%2BnMeIKYZb%2FvrdYT q%2FAnWNnqfQEjGuv4fFKpgGNhuvOMMi4CEq2272CooZMcntaC HG3f5n9CiEMZwqSm%2BQlec3u1TNIPN3%2F6wsdUX34VGw%2Fp hauOCN01KVuKLwe8ZiAwVLq%2F7zgSL18HkAswlBAE0HKdj56s qtL8qPP7ztsoyON1v%2F57VWBUnrQ4uFU%2FN5fwBgvgE6D%2B 23sYCtLpyBheL9Q9aTOPE8eEZNjsnL62NiD2f9ALTmMCkfbcg4 siEvLJ5XlEy84oF5cIh4daWZtWaqz5BzpsIH7t1w5PUbYoX7Dv 58YHpJc8fe7g8dO4WBMkWdY5RhB2%2BFq3pWMMOrg5EGOqYBGv 4OfGw8hF3TjC3HoId3wmRPHwSlno3biy36AlGG%2B6tR0%2Fi4 wmHMQKb9oKgdRx8Tnjf7Pjz9f%2FsfhtCvGvVLxr13Bmi4mj0z ehnDy0UkJVrTN%2BJaHKVTbUfypbPSVRWvYBWKBFmNboRlB5J2 qJ9XwC3l1cr1nncTR%2FlR1QuKFBDc6KhcK%2B06Lyakq%2Bx4 Mz84Z8kHx%2F13IyfpnSCyjQP2mZYzw7dDRw%3D%3D&X-Amz-SignedHeaders=host&response-content-disposition=inline%3Bfilename%3D%22companies_house _document.pdf%22&X-Amz-Signature=9dae74d4b59066dcbcdc409d11c1959e346b83b0 43c0a91f0dcb4ae272ef7c48

hibbyfraelibby
03-03-2022, 04:39 PM

The Company Secretary has that responsibility

CentreLine
03-03-2022, 04:40 PM
Maybe off the park they were but they were certainly not on it.. The football on display was brutal Eye bleeding to say the least..

Aye and it’s so much better now 🙄
In the case of both JR and SM they need to be given the tools for the job. JR was let down and so has SM so far.

CapitalGreen
03-03-2022, 04:51 PM
In the case of both JR and SM they need to be given the tools for the job. JR was let down and so has SM so far.

He didn’t say it was better now, he was questioning your claim that we were moving forward under Ross.

mokie
03-03-2022, 05:06 PM

How long has Maloney been in the job for exactly ? It is impossible to change a culture of mediocrity in that timescale..

How can you say SM has been let down ?? He's been allowed to bring in his own staff and a good number of players whilst shifting the ones he didn't want out.. The winter window is a very difficult place to bring in good established players. Saying he's been let down is a bit off the mark I'd say...........

Diclonius
03-03-2022, 05:07 PM
Have we scored yet?

mokie
03-03-2022, 05:07 PM
He didn’t say it was better now, he was questioning your claim that we were moving forward under Ross.

It's actually she but thanks anyway......:aok::aok::aok::aok::aok:

CentreLine
03-03-2022, 05:09 PM

Not how I read it but feel free to put words in others’ mouths.

CentreLine
03-03-2022, 05:10 PM
How long has Maloney been in the job for exactly ? It is impossible to change a culture of mediocrity in that timescale..

How can you say SM has been let down ?? He's been allowed to bring in his own staff and a good number of players whilst shifting the ones he didn't want out.. The winter window is a very difficult place to bring in good established players. Saying he's been let down is a bit off the mark I'd say...........

Then I musta have missed the outstanding midfielder and competent striker he needed

mokie
03-03-2022, 05:13 PM
Then I musta have missed the outstanding midfielder and competent striker he needed

As I said , the winter window is a tough one to bring in established players............

Alex Trager
03-03-2022, 05:17 PM
Normally someone gives good updates, can’t recall who. I wonder if you are going tonight? [emoji846]

CentreLine
03-03-2022, 05:23 PM
As I said , the winter window is a tough one to bring in established players............

Yep. So let down, winter does not prevent competent loan or short term fixes. This season was critical given the unique rewards offered by European qualification from first or third. First was beyond us but third was definitely not. Is now though and we may not even stick in top six. It’s painfully bad

JXM73
03-03-2022, 05:23 PM
Penalty to rangers yet?

mokie
03-03-2022, 05:31 PM
Yep. So let down, winter does not prevent competent loan or short term fixes. This season was critical given the unique rewards offered by European qualification from first or third. First was beyond us but third was definitely not. Is now though and we may not even stick in top six. It’s painfully bad

Well if Maloney has been let down then how would you describe the business the club did in the window ?? As I said , he's been backed heavily and it's now up to him to get the players up to speed and getting the team competitive..

hibbysam
03-03-2022, 05:32 PM

Winning the cup gives a better reward than finishing 3rd does. While unlikely, we’ve got a great chance of making the semi final. We made plenty signings in January - you can’t legislate for having 11 first team starters out - how big a squad should we have built?

Did we have a good enough summer? No. We’re the results good enough regardless? No. Change was made and we will need to wait until next season to get the rewards (hopefully) of that. Couple that with the 18s being a year older and hopefully nearer the first team and I’m far more excited than most it seems.

Nicho87
03-03-2022, 05:38 PM
£5 on nil nil

Jones28
03-03-2022, 05:42 PM
Booooooooooo!

That’ll show ‘em

CentreLine
03-03-2022, 05:48 PM
Well if Maloney has been let down then how would you describe the business the club did in the window ?? As I said , he's been backed heavily and it's now up to him to get the players up to speed and getting the team competitive..

I would describe it as long term with calculated risk. I would describe it as having potential. I would describe it as failing to address the immediate issues and failing to recognise the “risk and reward” potential of investing in the short term for this season. Guaranteed European league stage football had to tilt the balance towards investment that addressed this season. Perhaps tonight will see some answers.
This is an AGM thread to will be my last comment on this particular failure. If you need further debate on this JR/SM subject then I’d point you in the direction of the various previous threads

hibbysam
03-03-2022, 06:12 PM
I would describe it as long term with calculated risk. I would describe it as having potential. I would describe it as failing to address the immediate issues and failing to recognise the “risk and reward” potential of investing in the short term for this season. Guaranteed European league stage football had to tilt the balance towards investment that addressed this season. Perhaps tonight will see some answers.
This is an AGM thread to will be my last comment on this particular failure. If you need further debate on this JR/SM subject then I’d point you in the direction of the various previous threads

We spent more in January than we have for as long as I can remember?

Malthibby
03-03-2022, 06:30 PM
I would have been hoping for better as well given the strength of our squad but you cannot legislate to the sheer volume of injuries we have had/are having. It's been mental
and SM is having to try & deal with that while changing the way we play. I'm pxssed off with the way this season is panning out but I won't be negative about SM when he's barely
in the door.
We're all entitled to our opinions & in mine some of the negativity that's around just now is off the scale. It feels as if there's still massive resentment about the manner
of JRs sacking; I didn't like the way it was done either but Hibs are still here & Maloney needs positive support; some posters on here are like craws sitting on a gable end
hoping something's going to die.
Jeezo, haven't even had a drink yet.

Heisenberg
03-03-2022, 06:35 PM
Few tweets from this guy covering what’s been said/asked.

https://twitter.com/scottmillar1/status/1499441259299184648?s=21

Kensell had a go at Crawford Allan again after last nights ref failing to send off two Dundee players.

brianmc
03-03-2022, 06:35 PM
Any actual agm updates?

Alex Trager
03-03-2022, 06:51 PM
Any actual agm updates?

Think there are some above on the boys twitter timeline

truehibernian
03-03-2022, 07:15 PM
Recognition too many similar midfielders - plans already in place for summer recruitment.
£250,000 from last SJM clause
Plans to increase revenue by 30% to circa £14 million
U18's good players but not ready yet to step up to first team
Plans to invest in better hospitality and game day experience
Cannot comment on Allan as it's personal with Sylvester and Henderson ahead of him anyway
Club in safe hands under Ron and family - no plans to hand over to HSL.
Recognition that football has to be more attacking and players will leave in summer to allow SM to build attack-minded team
Boyle sale was not ideal but great money for club and for Martin

greenginger
03-03-2022, 07:29 PM
Just back, Ron can sure talk. Must have yakked for 30 minutes non stop on various graphs and projections. Sure knows all the American buzz words , and business connects , as you would expect.

Then he explained how we were progressing in the social media world with new platforms and Tik Tok and stuff. I’d guess the average age of the audience was well past 60 and went right over their heads .

pacoluna
03-03-2022, 07:48 PM
SM hesidently stated with help from RG that priority signing is a number 6.

Libby Hibby
03-03-2022, 07:59 PM
Recognition too many similar midfielders - plans already in place for summer recruitment.
Cannot comment on Allan as it's personal with Sylvester and Henderson ahead of him anyway
Recognition that football has to be more attacking and players will leave in summer to allow SM to build attack-minded team

What was the Allan question?

hibee1875
03-03-2022, 08:02 PM
What was the Allan question?

Would hazard a guess it was something along the lines of why’s he not playing

Libby Hibby
03-03-2022, 08:06 PM
Would hazard a guess it was something along the lines of why’s he not playing

If it was, why is he making the bench every week?

Iain G
03-03-2022, 08:13 PM
SM hesidently stated with help from RG that priority signing is a number 6.

Isn't that a center half? Or does it depend what formation we are playing? I really hate this increasing trend of referring to numbers instead of an actual position on the pitch as it makes no sense when it's all squad numbers!

Since90+2
03-03-2022, 08:16 PM
Isn't that a center half? Or does it depend what formation we are playing? I really hate this increasing trend of referring to numbers instead of an actual position on the pitch as it makes no sense when it's all squad numbers!

I'd traditional see a number 6 as a deeper lying midfielder. 4 and 5 would normally be your centre halfs.

hibee1875
03-03-2022, 08:17 PM
If it was, why is he making the bench every week?

It’s personal. Maybe his limit is 30mins, doubt we’ll ever know.

Daniel 1875
03-03-2022, 08:19 PM

There was no suggestion that the club should be 'handed over' to HSL.

The only mentions of HSL were Ron admitting he's not done enough to move the relationship forward over the last 12 months and an answer to a question about relatives being allowed to pass over their deceased family member's shares to be held by Hibernian Supporters Ltd - which is currently not permitted.

stuart-farquhar
03-03-2022, 08:21 PM
I'd traditional see a number 6 as a deeper lying midfielder. 4 and 5 would normally be your centre halfs.

4 is a right half. 6 a left half. 5 centre half. Well used to be!?

Hibernian Verse
03-03-2022, 08:23 PM
Did they mention whether the Boyle fee will be reinvested? Or partially?

Iain G
03-03-2022, 08:24 PM

Would say the number 6 in Scotland would more traditionally be a centre half?

eastterrace
03-03-2022, 08:24 PM

The only mentions of HSL were Ron admitting he's not done enough to move the relationship forward over the last 12 months and an answer to a question about relatives being allowed to pass over their deceased family member's shares to be held by Hibernian Supporters Ltd - which is currently not permitted.
He did say he would look at this but he said that most of the night anyway. Also thought Ben was a bit cheesed off with the question on the daily record hammering ryan portuese when he was accused of not speaking out about it.

Hibernian Verse
03-03-2022, 08:26 PM

Not these days. Bartley was the last proper number 6 we had, perhaps you could add Milligan.

Logie Green
03-03-2022, 08:26 PM
Penalty to rangers yet?

No, but the Finance Director started his spiel by saying “hello, hello” to much amusement though he didn’t have a clue why folk were laughing.

Probably the highlight of the AGM.

pacoluna
03-03-2022, 08:29 PM

Defensive midfielder.

Mr. Wonderful
03-03-2022, 08:29 PM

A 6's role is akin to a Boozy type. Sits deep but is a very good passer of the ball, always looking for forward movement.

See Fabinho at Liverpool or Fernandinho at City.

Keith_M
03-03-2022, 08:31 PM
Did anybody ask why the club seem happy to allow Rangers and Celtc Fans to spout their terrorist-loving, sectarian bile at Easter Road four times a season?

truehibernian
03-03-2022, 08:32 PM

Wasn't implying or criticising HSL Daniel (member myself) - I took it to mean that the club were going to be under the stewardship of Ron long term and not become fan owned - I maybe worded it wrong in that post admittedly.

eastterrace
03-03-2022, 08:33 PM
Did anybody ask why the club seem happy to allow Rangers and Celtc Fans to spout their terrorist-loving, sectarian bile at Easter Road four times a season?nope but the first guy that came on starting saying hello hello and the place started laughing but went right over his head due to being American. Hopefully somebody would have put him right later.

Golden Bear
03-03-2022, 08:33 PM
Defensive midfielder.

Number 6 was the left half in my days.

😁

cannastar
03-03-2022, 08:36 PM
is that the position jdh is playing?

Iain G
03-03-2022, 08:36 PM
Number 6 was the left half in my days.

😁

I thought number 6 was the Prisoner? 😁

truehibernian
03-03-2022, 08:38 PM

:aok: great show........

Think SM will be looking to get in a younger Marvin Bartley type next season.

Hibbyradge
03-03-2022, 08:47 PM
No6 were 1 penny for a single.

Callum_62
03-03-2022, 08:49 PM
A top number 6 or a 'pivot' would change our team

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

CropleyWasGod
03-03-2022, 08:50 PM

He wasn't just a number, you know.

J-C
03-03-2022, 08:51 PM

A Dylan McGeouch from 2106 would be perfect for us, links the defence to the rest of the midfield/attackers, give and go with quick feet and quick brains.

truehibernian
03-03-2022, 08:56 PM
A Dylan McGeouch from 2106 would be perfect for us, links the defence to the rest of the midfield/attackers, give and go with quick feet and quick brains.

I think we need an athletic, physical defensive midfielder, as I said, in the mould of Marvin at his best. That would allow the likes of Newell to be more forward thinking. I often think Joe is hamstrung between holding midfielder and attacking midfielder - he's better at the top end of the pitch for me, hence we need someone to do the defensive / holding role for him.

BILLYHIBS
03-03-2022, 09:00 PM
Anybody ask about chips in the West Upper and hot running water in the bogs ?

Pagan Hibernia
03-03-2022, 09:01 PM

did he mention what the reasoning was behind the ban on minority shareholders being able to trade amongst themselves and his thoughts on this going forward?

also did anyone ask about the matchday programme, and the annoyance that a minority of supporters have that a much cherished part of some peoples matchday was just binned almost without a second thought?

Pagan Hibernia
03-03-2022, 09:02 PM
He wasn't just a number, you know.

he was a free man!

CropleyWasGod
03-03-2022, 09:03 PM
he was a free man!

I've still to watch the final episode. Plot spoiler!!

speedy_gonzales
03-03-2022, 09:12 PM
AGM missed tonight as I never received the info ahead of the event even though I emailed the club notifying them of a change of address
Does anyone have a contact name/number/email that I can notify of a shareholders change of address so future information will be delivered directly?

Previous change of info was sent to [email protected]

Iain G
03-03-2022, 09:14 PM
I've still to watch the final episode. Plot spoiler!!

It's like no other final episode of any TV show...

CropleyWasGod
03-03-2022, 09:14 PM
AGM missed tonight as I never received the info ahead of the event even though I emailed the club notifying them of a change of address
Does anyone have a contact name/number/email that I can notify of a shareholders change of address so future information will be delivered directly?

Chris Gaunt is the man.

I know from my own experience that he had a lot of "legacy issues", partly due to Covid. He is very good at sorting things out, though.

Daniel 1875
03-03-2022, 09:18 PM
did he mention what the reasoning was behind the ban on minority shareholders being able to trade amongst themselves and his thoughts on this going forward?

also did anyone ask about the matchday programme, and the annoyance that a minority of supporters have that a much cherished part of some peoples matchday was just binned almost without a second thought?

He didn’t mention the reasoning but implied that if it’s an issue we should discuss it with him, which I hope to do (again).

In the case of requests we’ve had to HSL it would make next to no difference to the overall share picture at the club but would simply allow relatives to know their shares are being looked after as they intended.

Jones28
03-03-2022, 09:27 PM

He’ll be a bit past it by then no?

Hibernian Verse
03-03-2022, 09:33 PM
He’ll be a bit past it by then no?

Who’s to say he won’t have resurrected his career with us by then?

Unseen work
03-03-2022, 09:49 PM
The goal of earning 1m per season from player sales is some ask but I suppose when you break it down he’s probably thinking

Nisbet
Doig
Porteous
Melkersen
Henderson
Magennis
Bushiri - If taken up permanent
Jasper - If taken up permanent

All have potential to go for over 1 million, especially when you see the English market it’s not that much.

All clearly depends on them staying injury free and progressing

Hibbyradge
03-03-2022, 10:05 PM
he was a free man!

I'm sure we paid a transfer fee.

Radium
03-03-2022, 10:19 PM
A 6's role is akin to a Boozy type. Sits deep but is a very good passer of the ball, always looking for forward movement.

See Fabinho at Liverpool or Fernandinho at City.

… and maybe why BK and IG identified N’Golo ****e as the player that they would most like to sign in a recent podcast …

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cabbageandribs1875
03-03-2022, 10:29 PM
i'm reading on fb that Sue McLernon is leaving the club after 40 years

some suggestions not by choice :confused:

very best of luck to her anyway

PolmontHibby
03-03-2022, 10:35 PM

Unfortunately missed it due to isolating with COVID.

Was there any indication of how the revenue would be increased to £14m?
Dave Cormack seemed to indicate there was a potential to significantly increase revenue by the same figure 30% as well related to increased broadcasting of games.

Hibbyradge
03-03-2022, 10:41 PM

She worked elsewhere before she went to Hibs so she must be due to retireby now?

LaMotta
03-03-2022, 11:01 PM

I think it could be either CH or CM. James McPake and Shaun Dennis both wore 6 for example. Bartley the obvious CM. Mikey Stewart wore 6 for us too.

cabbageandribs1875
03-03-2022, 11:02 PM
She worked elsewhere before she went to Hibs so she must be due to retireby now?

no idea, different posters on a couple of groups not too happy, i won't name names it's out there in fb land

maybe she is indeed of retirement age and was asked to leave

or possibly nothing in it and others have got the wrong end of the stick, as happens

Onceinawhile
03-03-2022, 11:41 PM

What are jdh and newell? 8s?

Cause it sure don't seem like it.

Onceinawhile
03-03-2022, 11:43 PM

She's also fairly involved with hutchie, so she's probably got her hands full.

Tbf, when hibs kids was at its peak (20+ years ago) he seemed to be involved, but I don't know what she does now?

matty_f
03-03-2022, 11:47 PM
She's also fairly involved with hutchie, so she's probably got her hands full.

Tbf, when hibs kids was at its peak (20+ years ago) he seemed to be involved, but I don't know what she does now?

i thought Sue had a senior role with the Community Foundation now, rather than the club directly.

cameronw-hfc
04-03-2022, 12:17 AM
What are jdh and newell? 8s?

Cause it sure don't seem like it.

Both more retention players. Sorta player that you'd put next to a more progressive #6. Do a power of work off the ball and remain neat and tidy on it. Our problem is we have two of those and Campbell who seems more of a workhorse CM rather than a talented one. We have nobody progressive in there, Scotty is but he's useless if we can't get it to him in decent areas.

Someone that can spray it about in that #6 role from deep would be perfect for us. Let them be a bit more adventurous and the likes of Newell and JDH will shine, similar to Fyvie in the 2016 team.

OldEast
04-03-2022, 02:18 AM

Sorry to hear that. I found her very helpful in dealings with the club in the past.

Haymaker
04-03-2022, 03:38 AM
A #6 is a CB.

A #4 a CM

Brightside
04-03-2022, 06:52 AM
A #6 is a CB.

A #4 a CM

A 6 is what they call a CDM now. 6/8 are CM. 10 AM. 4 and 5 are CBs

Heisenberg
04-03-2022, 06:56 AM
I’m happy that area of the park has been identified and as someone else pointed out both Kensell and Gordon mentioned how vital that position is on the podcast the other week.

Quite a few big plans in place with hospitality etc which is promising.

Also happy to see Maloney address some of the concerns around style of play. Sounds like a big summer transfer window coming up.

Brightside
04-03-2022, 06:59 AM
I think we need an athletic, physical defensive midfielder, as I said, in the mould of Marvin at his best. That would allow the likes of Newell to be more forward thinking. I often think Joe is hamstrung between holding midfielder and attacking midfielder - he's better at the top end of the pitch for me, hence we need someone to do the defensive / holding role for him.

Marvin isn’t even close to the type of number 6 we need. Has to be someone that can keep possession and drive us forward. Almost none of them in Scottish football.

jeffers
04-03-2022, 07:12 AM
Marvin isn’t even close to the type of number 6 we need. Has to be someone that can keep possession and drive us forward. Almost none of them in Scottish football.

I’m maybe wrong but the way Maloney described it initially he said he wanted a proper defensive midfielder which would allow him to play more attack minded players in midfield. He felt the fact we didn’t currently have one meant he had to play guys like Campbell and JDH together currently. I didn’t take from that he was looking for a midfielder who would drive us forward, but one who would provide the protection to allow others to do so. It was only when RG got involved in the chat was a number 6 mentioned.

Iain G
04-03-2022, 07:40 AM
… and maybe why BK and IG identified N’Golo ****e as the player that they would most like to sign in a recent podcast …

He is a number 7 though 🤣

CB Hibs 68
04-03-2022, 07:41 AM
I’m maybe wrong but the way Maloney described it initially he said he wanted a proper defensive midfielder which would allow him to play more attack minded players in midfield. He felt the fact we didn’t currently have one meant he had to play guys like Campbell and JDH together currently. I didn’t take from that he was looking for a midfielder who would drive us forward, but one who would provide the protection to allow others to do so. It was only when RG got involved in the chat was a number 6 mentioned.. Correct.That was what I thought Shaun was saying.

Iain G
04-03-2022, 07:42 AM
Both more retention players. Sorta player that you'd put next to a more progressive #6. Do a power of work off the ball and remain neat and tidy on it. Our problem is we have two of those and Campbell who seems more of a workhorse CM rather than a talented one. We have nobody progressive in there, Scotty is but he's useless if we can't get it to him in decent areas.

Someone that can spray it about in that #6 role from deep would be perfect for us. Let them be a bit more adventurous and the likes of Newell and JDH will shine, similar to Fyvie in the 2016 team.

So are they a half 8 or an after 8? 😁

J-C
04-03-2022, 07:50 AM
If Maloney wants a proper DM to allow the attackers more freedom, does that mean his system will change. At the moment he plays just 2 in midfield, will he change this to a 433/4231/451 system similar to Man C, Liverpool, Celtic, Rangers etc.

JimBHibees
04-03-2022, 07:54 AM
If Maloney wants a proper DM to allow the attackers more freedom, does that mean his system will change. At the moment he plays just 2 in midfield, will he change this to a 433/4231/451 system similar to Man C, Liverpool, Celtic, Rangers etc.

Is Jdh not one of them?

J-C
04-03-2022, 08:00 AM
Is Jdh not one of them?

Obviously not or Maloney wouldn't mention it, I dont think JDH is good enough to be the pivot no.6 he wants. I'd say JDH and Campbell are energetic all round CH's, I think he's looking at a Kamara type midfielder, or a Bartley with more technical ability.

Iain G
04-03-2022, 08:02 AM
Obviously not or Maloney wouldn't mention it, I dont think JDH is good enough to be the pivot no.6 he wants. I'd say JDH and Campbell are energetic all round CH's, I think he's looking at a Kamara type midfielder, or a Bartley with more technical ability.

Someone to take the short from the defenders, protect the ball and start attacks from deep. As mentioned before the role Boozy used to do for us.

blackpoolhibs
04-03-2022, 08:04 AM
So to be clear, we have no idea if SM wants a centre half or a midfield player. :greengrin

Mr. Wonderful
04-03-2022, 08:05 AM
I’m maybe wrong but the way Maloney described it initially he said he wanted a proper defensive midfielder which would allow him to play more attack minded players in midfield. He felt the fact we didn’t currently have one meant he had to play guys like Campbell and JDH together currently. I didn’t take from that he was looking for a midfielder who would drive us forward, but one who would provide the protection to allow others to do so. It was only when RG got involved in the chat was a number 6 mentioned.

Yeah, that's essentially what a 6 does but, you're not looking at a Bartley or Gogic type here, or we'd have kept him. He'll need to be good with the ball too and good at spreading play.

Omeonga wouldn't be a bad shout.

Hibbyradge
04-03-2022, 08:06 AM
So to be clear, we have no idea if SM wants a centre half or a midfield player. :greengrin

We just know he's not after strikers!

blackpoolhibs
04-03-2022, 08:09 AM
We just know he's not after strikers!

Not surprised, we are sorted there with some real quality forwards. :wink:

Billy Whizz
04-03-2022, 08:14 AM

That’s so sad to hear, don’t know the reasons behind it. I’m hoping it was her decision! She said she’s gutted to be going!

For a lot of people and kids, Sue was Mrs Hibs
You wouldn’t realise how much she did for Hibs, over and above her role

matty_f
04-03-2022, 08:18 AM
i thought Sue had a senior role with the Community Foundation now, rather than the club directly.

I saw Sue’s post on facebook, I think she’ll be a big miss to the club. You can’t overstate the value of having someone like Sue at the club brings, not just because of her skills in the job but in my few dealings with Sue she’s been an excellent ambassador for Hibs, and she’s someone that any new staff would look at and see what it means to work for Hibs.

Hibs4185
04-03-2022, 08:34 AM
I saw Sue’s post on facebook, I think she’ll be a big miss to the club. You can’t overstate the value of having someone like Sue at the club brings, not just because of her skills in the job but in my few dealings with Sue she’s been an excellent ambassador for Hibs, and she’s someone that any new staff would look at and see what it means to work for Hibs.

My wife is a teacher and works in a deprived area. They were doing some sort of football related topic. I messaged Sue and the next week, 4 players and the scottish cup turned up at her school.

Sue is an incredible person and will be much missed

Dmas
04-03-2022, 08:38 AM
Yeah, that's essentially what a 6 does but, you're not looking at a Bartley or Gogic type here, or we'd have kept him. He'll need to be good with the ball too and good at spreading play.

Omeonga wouldn't be a bad shout.

Yeah No.6 more of a player that can take the ball in tight spaces and move it about think Sergio busquets role for barca, McGeocgh a prime example of former hibs player that would be suited to it rather than the ‘Matty jack role’ type player of Bartley

SQHib
04-03-2022, 08:52 AM

Hi jeffers - yeah it was me who asked the question and that was how I interpreted the response too - I was more angling the question as to what he felt in the style he wanted to play was the best make up for the 2 centre mid slots - I felt at present we only have campbell jdh and newell playing there ( all similar) but he also pointed out we have kyle ( I had forgot about him as he's been missing so long ) - but yeah he pretty much said that a) he felt we had to many samey mids when he arrived hence hallberg , gogic away and ideally he would like a defensive mid and more box to box or attack mid type combo but we don't have that def mid ( which is when ron mentioned a no 6 which is "soccer" speak for a def mid to my knowledge) so he is having to play two in my view " neutral" mids in jdh and campbell to compensate - but only just now - but plan seems to be recruit a top notch def mid (a pirlo xavi type but obv a few models down lol like dylan in cup final !) and then have a more "creative forward thinking mid with him - was heartened to hear he also mentioned this attack mid could be hendo as I think that pairing would be ideal - certainly for games at home vs bottom 6 type teams - the mesage seemed to be though overall we are miles away from where he wants to be - summer could be interesting !

GreenCastle
04-03-2022, 09:05 AM
The west stand hospitality supposedly will be expanded and all updated as offices moved to the South Stand.

This will increase revenue and the number tables available on match days which supposedly are selling out regularly.

KWJ
04-03-2022, 09:19 AM
I hope that £250k from the last McGinn clause isn't including a sell on fee.

Tyler Durden
04-03-2022, 09:25 AM
Hi jeffers - yeah it was me who asked the question and that was how I interpreted the response too - I was more angling the question as to what he felt in the style he wanted to play was the best make up for the 2 centre mid slots - I felt at present we only have campbell jdh and newell playing there ( all similar) but he also pointed out we have kyle ( I had forgot about him as he's been missing so long ) - but yeah he pretty much said that a) he felt we had to many samey mids when he arrived hence hallberg , gogic away and ideally he would like a defensive mid and more box to box or attack mid type combo but we don't have that def mid ( which is when ron mentioned a no 6 which is "soccer" speak for a def mid to my knowledge) so he is having to play two in my view " neutral" mids in jdh and campbell to compensate - but only just now - but plan seems to be recruit a top notch def mid (a pirlo xavi type but obv a few models down lol like dylan in cup final !) and then have a more "creative forward thinking mid with him - was heartened to hear he also mentioned this attack mid could be hendo as I think that pairing would be ideal - certainly for games at home vs bottom 6 type teams - the mesage seemed to be though overall we are miles away from where he wants to be - summer could be interesting !

It's interesting to hear from you as the person who asked the question.

I think we would all agree with what Maloney says but it does feel like a clear admission IMO that Jake Doyle-Hayes is basically not good enough. If you get that top quality no 6 in there, it would seem pointless to partner him with JDH.

FranckSuzy
04-03-2022, 09:27 AM

I've recently moved house and wanted to update my address and Chris Gauld sorted it 👍

[email protected]

FranckSuzy
04-03-2022, 09:30 AM

Previous change of info was sent to [email protected]

[email protected] 👍

MWHIBBIES
04-03-2022, 09:41 AM
It definitely isn't going to be someone like Marv. It's going to be someone who can pass it. Would not let Gogic go then sign an anchor. A 6 is a busquets/jorginho type.

hibsforeurope
04-03-2022, 09:46 AM
All seems very positive. The points about growing the income and ticket sales, was there any info behind the headlines given on how they are going to achieve this? I like the ambition but is this achievable in the current climate, especially the extra fan investment?

banchoryhibs
04-03-2022, 09:47 AM
I hope that £250k from the last McGinn clause isn't including a sell on fee.

No, the £250k was confirmed as the last of the other add ons. We are still entitled to receive the sell on fee.

speedy_gonzales
04-03-2022, 09:49 AM
Chris Gaunt is the man.

I know from my own experience that he had a lot of "legacy issues", partly due to Covid. He is very good at sorting things out, though.

[email protected] 👍

Thanks both, another email on its way 👍🏻

Oscar T Grouch
04-03-2022, 10:14 AM
No, the £250k was confirmed as the last of the other add ons. We are still entitled to receive the sell on fee.

Probably for playing a certain number of games for them, he passed the 100 game mark for them at the start of this season I think, so probably that. Just need Villa to sell him this summer and he will be up there with the most money we have received for a player.

SQHib
04-03-2022, 10:28 AM
It's interesting to hear from you as the person who asked the question.

I think we would all agree with what Maloney says but it does feel like a clear admission IMO that Jake Doyle-Hayes is basically not good enough. If you get that top quality no 6 in there, it would seem pointless to partner him with JDH.

he never said as much specifically about existing players other than he felt JDH was improving and he "liked" campbell a lot which was fair enough as question was more pointed at what he felt he needed in an ideal world - or going forward - if you like rather than limitations on existing players - although he did say he wants 2 players for every position who can start ( and ideally not long term injured !) - jdh when he signed was touted by JR as a b2b as well and could get ball fwd - I think one thing Maloney is looking at imho - he never said this - is in general more variability for players to play diff roles

I think biggest problem will be getting top notch no 6 - they dont grow on trees !

leith lynx
04-03-2022, 10:43 AM
A #6 is a CB.

A #4 a CM

What's a number 80?...do numbers matter anymore? (apart from #4 which is Patrick Gordon Stanton!)

Pagan Hibernia
04-03-2022, 10:48 AM
All seems very positive. The points about growing the income and ticket sales, was there any info behind the headlines given on how they are going to achieve this? I like the ambition but is this achievable in the current climate, especially the extra fan investment?

yes, I’d like to think Ron and Ben are realistic about season ticket sales for next season and are budgeting accordingly. I can’t see them being great tbh, without a miraculous turnaround in the next two months and maybe winning the Scottish cup

J-C
04-03-2022, 10:51 AM
he never said as much specifically about existing players other than he felt JDH was improving and he "liked" campbell a lot which was fair enough as question was more pointed at what he felt he needed in an ideal world - or going forward - if you like rather than limitations on existing players - although he did say he wants 2 players for every position who can start ( and ideally not long term injured !) - jdh when he signed was touted by JR as a b2b as well and could get ball fwd - I think one thing Maloney is looking at imho - he never said this - is in general more variability for players to play diff roles

I think biggest problem will be getting top notch no 6 - they dont grow on trees !

Funny you say Ross said JDH was a b2b player but he chose to play him deep all the time.

KWJ
04-03-2022, 11:00 AM

:aok:

Phew!

pacoluna
04-03-2022, 11:07 AM

Some onus was put on the supporters "we need to do better" in terms of season ticket sales also not underselling when it comes to commercial relationships and in RGs words becoming "hunters" instead of "farmers".

wookie70
04-03-2022, 05:01 PM

Obviously we don't know if true or why but if it is penny pinching then Ron really has no clue how some businesses work, particularly football. My kids still speak about Sue after being mascots and she has been an amazing ambassador for Hibs. Was it not her idea to take the cup round the schools.

Stuart93
04-03-2022, 05:42 PM
Some onus was put on the supporters "we need to do better" in terms of season ticket sales also not underselling when it comes to commercial relationships and in RGs words becoming "hunters" instead of "farmers".

Performances that we’ve put in this season isn’t going to convince supporters to get a ST that’s for sure

Haymaker
04-03-2022, 06:03 PM
What's a number 80?...do numbers matter anymore? (apart from #4 which is Patrick Gordon Stanton!)

Sadly they don't seem to matter any more. It personally drives me up the wall! No more squad numbers! :greengrin

A Hi-Bee
04-03-2022, 06:14 PM
Numbers mean nothing, it's what is inside the jersey that matters.
No 6 to me was a smoke.

:greengrin

The Modfather
04-03-2022, 06:30 PM
Did we get any details on Petrie’s 5 year plan?

Billy Whizz
04-03-2022, 06:34 PM

Was he at the AGM, presume he’s a shareholder

Iain G
04-03-2022, 06:44 PM

Is 5 a centre half? 😁

Hero76
04-03-2022, 07:03 PM
6 pages about where a number 6 plays

dp00
04-03-2022, 09:40 PM
Obviously we don't know if true or why but if it is penny pinching then Ron really has no clue how some businesses work, particularly football. My kids still speak about Sue after being mascots and she has been an amazing ambassador for Hibs. Was it not her idea to take the cup round the schools.

Said for a while that the amount of staff leaving and some of them long term staff should really ring alarm bells

Radium
04-03-2022, 10:26 PM
He is a number 7 though [emoji1787]

[emoji849]

WhileTheChief..
04-03-2022, 10:54 PM
6 pages about where a number 6 plays

AGM threads used to be hot topics and exciting during Petrie’s reign!

People barely care anymore.

jacomo
05-03-2022, 11:38 AM
Sadly they don't seem to matter any more. It personally drives me up the wall! No more squad numbers! :greengrin

Arsenal’s decline really set in when they gave Gallas the no.10 shirt. FACT.

Orchard_Hibs
05-03-2022, 11:55 AM
Said for a while that the amount of staff leaving and some of them long term staff should really ring alarm bells

Not picking an argument here, but even if staff have been in place for a long time doesn’t mean they have been good at their jobs. We haven’t exactly been majorly successful with the staff and support staff we have had in place so why should them leaving be alarming?

People don’t like change and often find it hard to adapt, modern business is no longer built on longevity and many successful people move around after 3-5 years in a company.

07-03-2022, 05:43 PM
Was there any mention of the Deloitte review or Ron's wish to get the alcohol ban lifted? Surely that would go a long way to increasing revenue and would potentially help improve the atmosphere (or increase any booing).