Henderson
JDH
Cadden

Mueller (if fit)

Melkersen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unseen work
02-03-2022, 09:06 PM
If we appeal Rockys red and it’s overturned is he available on Saturday? I think it will be overturned.

If not we may see a change of formation unless he brings in Delferriere as I can’t see McGregor starting.

…………………………Dabrowski/Macey……………

……Rocky/Delferrier…Porteous….Stevenson…

Cadden……….JDH…………….Henderson……..Doig……

…………………Mueller………………..Jasper……

…………………………………Melkerson………

or

……Rocky/Delferrier…Porteous….Stevenson…

Cadden……….JDH…………….Henderson……..Doig……

………………………………..Jasper……

……………………Melkerson………Doidge……

If he doesn’t fancy Delferrier and Rocky is unavailable

Cadden…………Porteous….Stevenson…Doig

………..……….JDH…………….Henderson……..…

Mueller……………………Melkerson……………Jasper……

……………….……………Doidge………

If Mueller isn’t fit then Hague or Wright

Hibernian Verse
02-03-2022, 09:06 PM
No way McGregor plays. He can’t play the game Maloney wants from his defence.

It will be Delferriere or a back 4.

500miles
02-03-2022, 09:14 PM
We'll surely appeal the Rocky red. Tried to bat off McGowan who was grabbing him and sciffed his nose. Absolute simulation, and should be reported to the sfa and suspended.

PH91
02-03-2022, 09:19 PM
If we continue to play with 3 centre halves, 2 defensive midfielders and 2 limited, defensive wingbacks with only 3 attack minded players on the park we will continue being hard to beat but not look like scoring many more often than not.

I hope we move to a back 4 and get another attacker on the pitch on saturday.

JammyDoidger
It doesn't matter they're all about as good/bad as each other. The sooner this season is over the better. We don't even look like scoring goals.

Nicho87
Dabrowski

Cadden —- Porto —- Stevenson —- Doig

JDH —- Campbell

Hauge—Mueller —Jasper

Melkerson

hibee1875
02-03-2022, 09:20 PM
If we continue to play with 3 centre halves, 2 defensive midfielders and 2 limited, defensive wingbacks with only 3 attack minded players on the park we will continue being hard to beat but not look like scoring many more often than not.

How is Cadden a limited, defensive wingback?

Stuart93
02-03-2022, 09:22 PM
It doesn't matter they're all about as good/bad as each other. The sooner this season is over the better. We don't even look like scoring goals.

Was going to post similar. There’s not much point in guessing the team because we’re going to get exactly the same thing

1875Sean
02-03-2022, 09:24 PM
Need to change up the system,

Can’t see it but I’d like us to go for

Kev

Cadden Porto McGregor Doig

Henderson JDH —- Campbell Jasper

Melkerson Doidge

McGregor over Stevenson for physical presence against a big saints side

Mcbizz1998
02-03-2022, 09:32 PM
No way McGregor plays. He can’t play the game Maloney wants from his defence.

It will be Delferriere or a back 4.

Picked McGregor as I completely forgot Delferriere existed!

A Hi-Bee
02-03-2022, 09:34 PM
I think we may have to wait to see what players are still available.
:greengrin

The Harp Awakes
02-03-2022, 09:35 PM
Agree with most of the posts. Absolutely has to play Jasper, Henderson and Melkerson from the start.

We have a full house on Saturday and need to be offensive.

Heisenberg
02-03-2022, 09:50 PM

Doig and Cadden are the opposite of limited, defensive wingbacks. We aren’t ever going to score loads of goals with the two we played in midfield tonight not to mention Drey Wright and a miles off it Doidge.

JammyDoidger
02-03-2022, 09:54 PM
Why is everyone wanting melkerson he didn't do any more than doidge?

Nicho87
02-03-2022, 09:57 PM

Doidge looks done to me.

We need something fresh up front.

Need to play the boy at some point.

I’m all for it.

Hoff IN

PH91
02-03-2022, 10:05 PM

Solid and athletic but limited in an attacking sense. He doesn't offer a lot of creativity and his attacking contributions are more often than not making a yard and banging it in the box.

Stuart93
02-03-2022, 10:06 PM
Solid and athletic but limited in an attacking sense. He doesn't offer a lot of creativity and his attacking contributions are more often than not making a yard and banging it in the box.

If anything I’d say he was more limited defensive wise than attacking wise.

Probably been our best attacking outlet after boyle all season

WeeRussell
02-03-2022, 10:15 PM

Melkerson showed flashes of offering what we’ve been lacking up top tonight.

And to be brutally honest, just looking relatively mobile and not looking like he’s incapable of any attacking threat at all would be enough for him to be ahead of Doidge right now.

Would you seriously rather Doidge started again? He hasn’t been good enough for a while now. Some will say it’s down to fitness/sharpness/confidence, others that he’s never been as good as some like to insist on here… and a few (probably including me) reckon a mix of the two.

I think Jasper is the ‘must start’ from the team tonight going into the weekend, but I really hope we see our new striker given the top position as well.

Ronniekirk
02-03-2022, 10:18 PM
Picked McGregor as I completely forgot Delferriere existed!

Never heard of him when did we sign him and who from

Diclonius
02-03-2022, 10:22 PM
Dabrowski

Cadden McGregor Porteous Stevenson Doig

Henderson Doyle-Hayes Jasper

Melkersen Doidge

B.H.F.C
02-03-2022, 10:26 PM

As soon as he came on, Melkerson ran towards the goals. That sounds a really simple thing, but we’re not very good at doing it. Showed a bit of intent. Thought he looked quite sharp and definitely doesn’t lack confidence.

JammyDoidger
02-03-2022, 10:28 PM
As soon as he came on, Melkerson ran towards the goals. That sounds a really simple thing, but we’re not very good at doing it. Showed a bit of intent. Thought he looked quite sharp and definitely doesn’t lack confidence.

I personally thought he was just running for the sake of running, trying to look busy. Looked determined though, just a thought but maybe we should try and play the two of them and we might just hit the back of the net.

CapitalGreen
03-03-2022, 07:24 AM
Agree with most of the posts. Absolutely has to play Jasper, Henderson and Melkerson from the start.

We have a full house on Saturday and need to be offensive.

I’d play Henderson alongside JDH in midfield. Three centre backs, 2 defensively solid wing backs and 2 defensive midfielders is far too conservative. For most of last night JDH and Campbell were standing next to each other while we had possession - one should be sitting and the other pushing on.

B.H.F.C
03-03-2022, 07:30 AM
I’d play Henderson alongside JDH in midfield. Three centre backs, 2 defensively solid wing backs and 2 defensive midfielders is far too conservative. For most of last night JDH and Campbell were standing next to each other while we had possession - one should be sitting and the other pushing on.

Agree with this. We can’t just keep doing the same thing. I really don’t think there is an issue with the way we set up, the lack of creativity is coming from the players within the system.

sauzeelegod
03-03-2022, 08:08 AM
Dabrowski

Cadden
Porteous
Stevenson
Doig

Allan
JDH
Henderson

Jasper
Melkerson
Mueller

Triangles all over the pitch for passing and keeping the ball.
Play fast and ATTACK.

500miles
03-03-2022, 08:11 AM
..............Dabrowski
...Cadden..Porto.....Rocky.Doig
.................JDH
...Hauge......Henderson....Jasper
.........Melkersen..Doidge

Heisenberg
03-03-2022, 08:31 AM
We aren’t going to suddenly change the formation I don’t think. It’ll be more of the same with maybe a couple of personnel changes. We simply can’t play Drey Wright in a team that’s already struggling for goals. He offers nothing going forward.

Tyler Durden
03-03-2022, 08:42 AM
We aren’t going to suddenly change the formation I don’t think. It’ll be more of the same with maybe a couple of personnel changes. We simply can’t play Drey Wright in a team that’s already struggling for goals. He offers nothing going forward.

Correct. It's no coincidence that Wright has done ok against Celtic and to a lesser extent Hearts. He's disciplined and does the "defending from the front" side of things well. Give him the ball and expect him to beat a man and create or score..... It's not going to happen.

Whether it's going with Doidge and Melkerson together, or dropping Hendo into the central midfield 2, or playing Jasper at LWB..... we need a change to inject more of a threat into the team.

Tyler Durden
03-03-2022, 08:45 AM

I don't think he's defensive but he is limited. I think we could easily play Jasper as a wing back and not lose much defensively.

Cadden for me could actually be more effective in centre midfield and ask him to run beyond the striker(s).

In games where we're going to have most of the possession, we don't need 2 defensive midfielders. The back 3 rarely break forward to create an overload anyway. We just have 6 or 7 players behind the ball for long periods of a game.

Mcbizz1998
03-03-2022, 09:37 AM

Agreed.

In a lot of ways he offers less than nothing, last night he was detrimental to us in an attacking sense.

B.H.F.C
03-03-2022, 09:44 AM

He has shown he’s willing to change, went with a back four at Ibrox and has changed during games. Bit different with having a man sent off but we went to a back four straight away last night, don’t think it’s out of the question that we’ll go with that on Saturday with what we have available.

Agree on Wright.

sadtom
03-03-2022, 09:57 AM
Not sure who’s available, but if there are no players back then the team that WON’T play…

Macey
McGinn Rocky Hanlon
Newell
Clarke Meuller Magennis Mitchell
Nisbet Scott

I think the above side would comfortably take care of whatever side we do field on Saturday.
It really brings home how dire a situation we are in regarding injuries/unavailability.
I hope everyone gets behind the team on Saturday and cuts them plenty of slack. It’s tough times like this that the real meaning of the word ‘support’ is required.

Aldo
03-03-2022, 10:00 AM
Need to change up the system,

Can’t see it but I’d like us to go for

Kev

Cadden Porto McGregor Doig

Henderson JDH —- Campbell Jasper

Melkerson Doidge

McGregor over Stevenson for physical presence against a big saints side

Campbell was woeful last night. If you bring in MacGregor it would be for Campbell with Lewis slotting into the midfield role!

Lewis, unless injured, will not and should not be dropped! My opinion mind!

number9dream
03-03-2022, 01:51 PM
You just know Hallberg is going to ping one in the top corner from 30 yards, so we'll need two goals for what is looking like a very important game in the top six race.
Saints kept two up top all night against Rangers, so surely we can do the same and partner Doidge with Melkersen.
It's a bit desperate hoping a 19 year old from the Norwegian second tier is the answer but our options are severely limited right now.

Ringothedog
03-03-2022, 03:51 PM
Not sure who’s available, but if there are no players back then the team that WON’T play…

Macey
McGinn Rocky Hanlon
Newell
Clarke Meuller Magennis Mitchell
Nisbet Scott

I think the above side would comfortably take care of whatever side we do field on Saturday.
It really brings home how dire a situation we are in regarding injuries/unavailability.
I hope everyone gets behind the team on Saturday and cuts them plenty of slack. It’s tough times like this that the real meaning of the word ‘support’ is required.

I see you have dropped yourself 😉

LunasBoots
03-03-2022, 03:56 PM
You just know Hallberg is going to ping one in the top corner from 30 yards, so we'll need two goals for what is looking like a very important game in the top six race.
Saints kept two up top all night against Rangers, so surely we can do the same and partner Doidge with Melkersen.
It's a bit desperate hoping a 19 year old from the Norwegian second tier is the answer but our options are severely limited right now.

Can imagine a after match thread already, 'why did we get rid of Hallberg'

inglisavhibs
03-03-2022, 04:00 PM
Campbell was woeful last night. If you bring in MacGregor it would be for Campbell with Lewis slotting into the midfield role!

The manager doesn't agree re Campbell. Maybe not great but hardly woeful.

Aldo
03-03-2022, 04:06 PM
The manager doesn't agree re Campbell. Maybe not great but hardly woeful.

He does but He was very poor last night. Put his own defence under pressure quite a few times with poor passes across the box.

We are struggling with injuries etc but when everyone is fit he doesn’t make my starting 11. He’s young and may improve but my opinion last night he was woeful!

inglisavhibs
03-03-2022, 04:18 PM
He does but He was very poor last night. Put his own defence under pressure quite a few times with poor passes across the box.

We are struggling with injuries etc but when everyone is fit he doesn’t make my starting 11. He’s young and may improve but my opinion last night he was woeful!

That will always happen with the way we are being asked to play. Lost count last night of the number of passes across their own box that put Chelsea under real pressure. Doesn't make them bad players. Campbell does the dirty work in midfield very well and we will need him against the likes of Davidson on Saturday. I will be surprised if he doesn't start.

Aldo
03-03-2022, 04:22 PM
That will always happen with the way we are being asked to play. Lost count last night of the number of passes across their own box that put Chelsea under real pressure. Doesn't make them bad players. Campbell does the dirty work in midfield very well and we will need him against the likes of Davidson on Saturday. I will be surprised if he doesn't start.

You’re probably right however I think it’ll depend who drops into the back line.

FWIW Lewis will sort out Davidson

Danderhall Hibs
03-03-2022, 06:56 PM
Can imagine a after match thread already, 'why did we get rid of Hallberg'

I’ve been wonderingly this the last couple of weeks. Saying it now saves me adding to Saturdays thread.

sadtom
03-03-2022, 07:35 PM
I see you have dropped yourself 😉

😂
Well seeing as Rocky is joining the list of unavailables I thought I’d step aside. Happy to revert to the role of ‘impact sub’.😉

King Cosell
03-03-2022, 07:37 PM
Last night's Hibs & St Johnstone starting line-ups, only 5 players started the cup final. Porteous, Doig & Doidge for us, Gordon & McCart for them. 5 out of 22 is startling. I'm startled.

ahibby
03-03-2022, 07:59 PM
[QUOTE=Aldo;6877792]Campbell was woeful last night. If you bring in MacGregor it would be for Campbell with Lewis slotting into the midfield role!

I like your idea and would go along with it. Lewis actually passes forward.

hhibs
04-03-2022, 10:08 AM

Your second sentence is exactly what I said in another place,however doubt SM will do it,interesting if he does ,could show a flexibility that JR seldom showed.

Billy Whizz
04-03-2022, 10:10 AM
This will be a physical contest, we need to be up to win the battle first

OldEast
04-03-2022, 10:21 AM

Barring even more injuries Doidge and Melkerson are our two up front for the remainder of the season. Maloney knows we have to start scoring so surely they start together.

oneone73
04-03-2022, 10:36 AM
Barring even more injuries Doidge and Melkerson are our two up front for the remainder of the season. Maloney knows we have to start scoring so surely they start together.

There's also James Scott, and I would have thought Mueller could play in a two or a three

OldEast
04-03-2022, 10:40 AM
There's also James Scott, and I would have thought Mueller could play in a two or a three

Of course, forgot about Scott. I see Mueller linking midfield to attack he'd probably be dropping deep all the time to get the ball as Nisbet was doing.

hhibs
04-03-2022, 11:51 AM
Any of our injured possible for St Johnstone or Motherwell Games ,even to make the bench ??

w pilton hibby
04-03-2022, 01:02 PM

Mueller and Scott both ill according to the Scotsman.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-injury-crisis-whos-sidelined-for-how-long-and-how-could-it-affect-the-season-3596065

JamesHFC
04-03-2022, 03:07 PM
Dabrowski

Cadden McGregor Porteous Stevenson Doig

Henderson Doyle-Hayes Jasper

Melkersen Doidge

This 👍🏻 I have a feeling he might play Campbell at CB instead of McGregor though like he did against Cove towards the end of the game.

Billy Whizz
04-03-2022, 03:08 PM
This 👍🏻 I have a feeling he might play Campbell at CB instead of McGregor though like he did against Cove towards the end of the game.

I can’t see it, sorry

JohnM1875
04-03-2022, 04:15 PM
I can’t see it, sorry

Can't see it either and hope to god he doesn't play Campbell there.

Brightside
04-03-2022, 04:40 PM

Not a chance. More chance of Blaney coming in.

WeeRussell
04-03-2022, 05:24 PM

I think I might start forgiving those criticising Maloney if that was to happen.

andrew70
04-03-2022, 05:30 PM
Dabrowski
Delferriere Porto Stevenson
Cadden JDH Campbell Doig
Henderson Jasper
Melkersen

bordergreen
05-03-2022, 05:19 AM
I would like to see Doig & Jasper on one flank, and Cadden & Hauge on the other, with Melkerson up front. I think the energy and direct running from either flank would cause real problems for any team.

That can be set up as 442, with Doidge partnering Melkerson, with JDH and Henderson in the middle. He could also go 451, with another midfielder (I would like that to be Allan, he is still a player), and Melkerson up top.

Although the Dundee game was not the most entertaining 90 minutes I have had watching Hibs, when the two Norwegians came on, I really liked their direct play. Those laddies have played together since they were very young, lived with each other for a long while too. Even clips of training I have seen, I thought they looked good together.

Energy, Pace and Effort. Three things that are lacking in lots of games of football, not just at Hibs. Get them in Shaun.

Edit. If Mueller has recovered he has to play. 2 up top Melkerson and Mueller. Hibs deadly M & M

Nicho87
05-03-2022, 06:11 AM
Dabrowski

Cadden Porto Stevenson Doig

JDH ALLAN CAMPBELL

Jasper Melkerson Hauge

Go for it

Allant1981
05-03-2022, 07:00 AM
Dabrowski

JDH ALLAN CAMPBELL

Jasper Melkerson Hauge

Go for it

Dropping henderson?

Nicho87
05-03-2022, 07:16 AM
Dropping henderson?

I’d say bringing in Allan

Allant1981
05-03-2022, 07:18 AM
I’d say bringing in Allan

Would be a bold move as henderson has been playing well and allan has hardly kicked a ball, if anything id drop campbell and play henderson if we were really going for it

Nicho87
05-03-2022, 07:19 AM
Dropping henderson?

Or we could go

Dabrowski
JDH Allan Henderson
Jasper
Doidge Melkerson

hibbydog
05-03-2022, 07:23 AM
Or we could go

Dabrowski
JDH Allan Henderson
Jasper
Doidge Melkerson

That’s the team for me.

Sadly, I don’t think it’s the selection that matters. The managers tactics are summed up perfectly on the BBC website today

‘Ponderous pointless passing’

‘No goals in 7 of the last 9 games’

I’ll no doubt force myself to go and will be delighted if im wrong

Allant1981
05-03-2022, 07:25 AM
Or we could go

Dabrowski
JDH Allan Henderson
Jasper
Doidge Melkerson

Yip thats what id be going with, if maloney wants to play attacking football get attacking players on the park

Crunchie
05-03-2022, 07:29 AM
That’s the team for me.

Sadly, I don’t think it’s the selection that matters. The managers tactics are summed up perfectly on the BBC website today

‘Ponderous pointless passing’

‘No goals in 7 of the last 9 games’

I’ll no doubt force myself to go and will be delighted if im wrong

Jasper has me going through today, I'm looking forward to it. I hope you're not going to bring that negative attitude with you today :rolleyes: I've a feeling the big crowd could work against us if we don't score or God forbid go behind.

B.H.F.C
05-03-2022, 07:32 AM
Jasper has me going through today, I'm looking forward to it. I hope you're not going to bring that negative attitude with you today :rolleyes: I've a feeling the big crowd could work against us if we don't score or God forbid go behind.

On the flip side, hopefully we make the big crowd work for us. If we come out in the same manner as we usually do we won’t. Need to show some enthusiasm for the game, like the two Norwegians did the other night.

Crunchie
05-03-2022, 07:37 AM
On the flip side, hopefully we make the big crowd work for us. If we come out in the same manner as we usually do we won’t. Need to show some enthusiasm for the game, like the two Norwegians did the other night.
:aok: I'll be roaring them on for sure and looking forward to it.

Highwayman
05-03-2022, 08:34 AM
I’d go with

Dabrowski

Porteous,McGregor,Stevenson

Cadden,Doyle-Hayes,Campbell,Doig

Henderson

Doidge,Melkerson

Previous post had Scott Allan starting.Can’t see that happening.

Allant1981
05-03-2022, 08:49 AM
I’d go with

Dabrowski

Porteous,McGregor,Stevenson

Cadden,Doyle-Hayes,Campbell,Doig

Henderson

Doidge,Melkerson

Previous post had Scott Allan starting.Can’t see that happening.

Cant see mcgregor starting either, we went down to 10 men and he still didnt come on

Eyrie
05-03-2022, 09:20 AM
Cant see mcgregor starting either, we went down to 10 men and he still didnt come on

I was surprised at the time but it quickly became apparent that Maloney had made the right decision to change to a back four as Dundee just weren't a threat. Similarly Jasper for Henderson gave us an alternative to Doidge for an out ball.

hibbydog
05-03-2022, 09:47 AM

I have a policy of keeping my negativity to myself at games,

Happy to spread it on hibs.net though 😎

Seekyit
05-03-2022, 10:14 AM
I've no idea what the team should be. Strangely, I'm looking forward to the game 'cause I don't know what to expect.

Crunchie
05-03-2022, 10:15 AM
I have a policy of keeping my negativity to myself at games,

Happy to spread it on hibs.net though 😎
:not worth Hopefully will be a positive day for all concerned :aok:

Aldo
05-03-2022, 10:17 AM
Maybe a back 4 today unless we blood a young RCB!

Kevin

Cadden Porto Lewis Doig

Campbell JDH Henderson

Jasper

Doidge Melkerson

Billy Whizz
05-03-2022, 10:21 AM
Anyone know if the barricades will up at Albion Rd post match, big St Johnstone support

wookie70
05-03-2022, 10:32 AM
Anyone know if the barricades will up at Albion Rd post match, big St Johnstone supportDon't know but I'd be surprised if they were. Lots of youngster today I would expect so hopefully the Police don't spoil the vibe with trying to treat us all like criminals and restricting our movement. No issues up at Perth when fans mix so won't be any at ER

Jones28
05-03-2022, 10:33 AM
I’d go for

Kev
Porto Doig Stevenson
Cadden JDH Campbell Jasper
Henderson
Melkerson Doidge

Quite right flank heavy but I think that’s where we could hurt them.

wookie70
05-03-2022, 10:46 AM
If we want to play the way Maloney wants us to we need movement and energy on and off the ball. That rules Doidge and Allan out for me. I'd go with

Kevin

Cadden Porto Lewis Doig

Campbell JDH Henderson Wright

Jasper Melkerson

ChilliEater
05-03-2022, 10:50 AM
If we want to play the way Maloney wants us to we need movement and energy on and off the ball. That rules Doidge and Allan out for me. I'd go with

Kevin

Cadden Porto Lewis Doig

Jasper Melkerson

I think he might start Doidge in place of Melkerson.

LaMotta
05-03-2022, 10:55 AM

Kevin

Cadden Porto Lewis Doig

Jasper Melkerson

With a severe lack of height and aerial ability, that team would give me the absolute fear defending any corner or cross ball.

wookie70
05-03-2022, 11:02 AM
With a severe lack of height and aerial ability, that team would give me the absolute fear defending any corner or cross ball.

Swings and roundabouts. Add Doidge for his defensive abilities but then end up with less movement and having to look at a change at half time when Doidge is finished anyway. If we keep the ball the way SM wants to then we shouldn't have many free kick and corners to defend. The injuries are making team selection a nightmare but for me Maloney is starting to get a similar vibe that Ross had with the boring tag being brandished. He needs to work out, even with the injuries, a way of making us better to watch and that is all the more important with loads of day trippers in the crowd who could be enticed back.

Since452
05-03-2022, 11:05 AM
Anyone know if the barricades will up at Albion Rd post match, big St Johnstone support

I'd be surprised if there was for St Johnstone. Not exactly a big rivalry. Fans should be able to mix no problem.

JamesHFC
05-03-2022, 01:02 PM
Not a chance. More chance of Blaney coming in.

👀

LaMotta
05-03-2022, 01:16 PM
Swings and roundabouts. Add Doidge for his defensive abilities but then end up with less movement and having to look at a change at half time when Doidge is finished anyway. If we keep the ball the way SM wants to then we shouldn't have many free kick and corners to defend. The injuries are making team selection a nightmare but for me Maloney is starting to get a similar vibe that Ross had with the boring tag being brandished. He needs to work out, even with the injuries, a way of making us better to watch and that is all the more important with loads of day trippers in the crowd who could be enticed back.

Fair points mate. I would rather give Doidge a start and also give him more time on the pitch to get a goal. Once he gets one he'll go on a run I think. Think he's better starting than as a sub.