PDA

View Full Version : 9 or 10 first team players out tonight! 😳

Hibbyradge
02-03-2022, 09:01 AM
Apologies if this is being discussed elsewhere, but I've just watched SMs pre-match video in which he says we could have as many as 10 players out injured. (Possibly more because he was a wee bit coy at one stage).

That's really incredibly unlucky and any team would struggle in those circumstances.

Obviously we all desperately want a win tonight, but I actually feel that a point would be an achievement.

I doubt the football we play will be particularly pleasing on the eye, and I think Lewis & co at the back are in for a busy evening.

I usually only hide behind the sofa for actual games. Tonight I'll be there for the team announcement! :wink:

Mike Berry
02-03-2022, 09:04 AM
Apologies if this is being discussed elsewhere, but I've just watched SMs pre-match video in which he says we could have as many as 10 players out injured. (Possibly more because he was a wee bit coy at one stage).

That's really incredibly unlucky and any team would struggle in those circumstances.

Obviously we all desperately want a win tonight, but I actually feel that a point would be an achievement.

I doubt the football we play will be particularly pleasing on the eye, and I think Lewis & co at the back are in for a busy evening.

I usually only hide behind the sofa for actual games. Tonight I'll be there for the team announcement! :wink:Well, I suppose it does give some of the development squad /youth players a chance they wouldn't otherwise get. And of course, Dundee are essentially *****.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

erin go bragh
02-03-2022, 09:15 AM
Dundee under that clown McGee are murder . We had about 8 players injured against Celtic, so I’ll be gutted if we don’t get 3 points tonight.

Alex Trager
02-03-2022, 09:21 AM
Dundee under that clown McGee are murder . We had about 8 players injured against Celtic, so I’ll be gutted if we don’t get 3 points tonight.

Very much this.

Dundee shipped four at home at the weekend.

We played well at the weekend all things considered. We have a bit of momentum.

We need the three points.

I don’t see Dundee being much of an issue this evening, though our injuries could play a big part

GreenCastle
02-03-2022, 09:24 AM
Macey (unknown)
Clarke (not played a minute yet since signed in Jan)
Hanlon (not played since 20th January)
McGinn (last 90 mins 26th Jan - in an out since with injury)
Magennis (been out 5 months - last played September 2021)
Newell (injured since 1st Feb)
Nisbet (out for rest of season)
Melkersen (not played a match since January signing)
Scott (hasn’t played more than 45 mins all season)
Mitchell (injured 13th Feb)

Our medical team must be busy..lots of wages on players who aren’t able to play.

eastterrace
02-03-2022, 09:25 AM
Only thing I worry about is we don’t look like we carry a threat up top and if dundee score were is our goals going to come from. We need to start scoring scrappy goals as we won’t keep on doing wonder shots into the top corner every week. I know dundee are crap but surely they won’t give us space like Livingston got. Ggtth

Hibbyradge
02-03-2022, 09:29 AM
I've a bad feeling that you can add another sure starter to that list. 🤫

PatHead
02-03-2022, 09:46 AM
I've a bad feeling that you can add another sure starter to that list. 🤫

Lewis?

Since452
02-03-2022, 10:00 AM
Both Ross and Maloney have been very unlucky with injuries this season. We've also been decimated by Covid this season and were unable to field a team. Horrendous. Hopefully things even themselves out next season and we're relitavley trouble free.

Unseen work
02-03-2022, 10:04 AM
It’s brutal, absolutely brutal.

Nisbet injured will be a huge miss imo, even though he’s not been regularly scoring goals. Doidge though is more of a threat at set pieces and corners and imo his movement to get in behind is also better even if he lacks pace.

Scott and Melkerson being ill is really bad timing too as they would both fancy their chances you would think.

One of my biggest concerns is now our inability to change the change if it’s not going to plan. Maloney will surely be looking at his bench worried now.

The players that are playing could easily start to fatigue now too with the amount of games they’re playing in a short period - some of them won’t be used to it either.

Hopefully Delferrier, Hague, O’Connor, Young, Ladlaw, Blaney, McIntyre can all step up and contribute

I can’t see us signing a free agent as cover, think they would think it’s blocking a players path and when you think how long it could take for them to get fit.

02-03-2022, 10:04 AM
Lewis?

Macey I think

brog
02-03-2022, 10:05 AM
Only thing I worry about is we don’t look like we carry a threat up top and if dundee score were is our goals going to come from. We need to start scoring scrappy goals as we won’t keep on doing wonder shots into the top corner every week. I know dundee are crap but surely they won’t give us space like Livingston got. Ggtth

I agree but at least Henderson should be back and we will probably have potential game changers in Allan and Mueller off the bench. We just need same attitude and effort as Sunday.

Broken Gnome
02-03-2022, 10:12 AM

I'd be gutted if we lost. Worst team on the league or not, I don't think we can say we've anywhere near had the chance with this squad, considering the injuries, to expect enough chances to win the game.

EdinMike
02-03-2022, 10:16 AM
Confirmed Nisbet out for the rest of the season, we’ve had no luck this season.

Sean1875
02-03-2022, 10:21 AM
Really can’t think of a time before when weve had this bad luck with injuries, brutal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

erin go bragh
02-03-2022, 10:25 AM
Confirmed Nisbet out for the rest of the season, we’ve had no luck this season.

You would think we might try and get another striker in 🤞

Onceinawhile
02-03-2022, 10:25 AM
Ffs.

04Sauzee
02-03-2022, 10:32 AM
You would think we might try and get another striker in 🤞

Who's available though ? Are there any free agents out there that won't need a work permit or we could easily acquire a work permit for? And how ready would they be to play football?

Mike Berry
02-03-2022, 10:35 AM
Who's available though ? Are there any free agents out there that won't need a work permit or we could easily acquire a work permit for? And how ready would they be to play football?Maybe they'll take a chance on Ethan Laidlaw or Josh O' Connor? Only issue there is, though, that they probably haven't trained with the first team squad.

04Sauzee
02-03-2022, 10:40 AM
Maybe they'll take a chance on Ethan Laidlaw or Josh O' Connor? Only issue there is, though, that they probably haven't trained with the first team squad.

Without seeing the young boys play I hear lots of good things about Laidlaw.

Mike Berry
02-03-2022, 10:50 AM
Without seeing the young boys play I hear lots of good things about Laidlaw.Yes, he seems to be impressing in the games he plays. Maloney has shown he's quite willing to put young players straight into the team if he thinks they're good enough.

B.H.F.C
02-03-2022, 10:50 AM
Injury situation is brutal. Some players are really going to need to step up now, Mainly the attacking ones that we have available like Doidge and Mueller.

Should still be able to field a stronger team than Dundee but I can’t remember us having this many injuries at the same time.

GreenCastle
02-03-2022, 10:52 AM
Yes, he seems to be impressing in the games he plays. Maloney has shown he's quite willing to put young players straight into the team if he thinks they're good enough.

Maloney hasn’t given an academy player a debut yet ? Unless I’ve missed someone ?

Dashing Bob S
02-03-2022, 11:02 AM
Dundee have lost the dream Griffiths-Cummings strike force so the breaks even themselves out.

eastterrace
02-03-2022, 11:04 AM
Maloney hasn’t given an academy player a debut yet ? Unless I’ve missed someone ?don’t think we can play them tonight as they have a semi final on Friday.

Hibbyradge
02-03-2022, 11:43 AM
Macey I think

Macey and Lewis, I fear.

04Sauzee
02-03-2022, 12:01 PM
don’t think we can play them tonight as they have a semi final on Friday.

We can play them they just wouldn't be available for their semi-final

Tambo
02-03-2022, 12:30 PM
Will be interesting if any u18's feature more but I'm sure they don't want to hamper there campaign but first team more important.

Would like to see O'Connor Or Young in the squad tonight.

brog
02-03-2022, 12:50 PM
We need to be realisic about the young guys. Laidlaw isn't even an automatic starter for the under 18s but people want him in the top team. I'm as keen as anyone to see these lads come through and play well but there's a huge difference between playing against boys rather than hardened pros.

flash
02-03-2022, 12:58 PM
An away win under these circumstances would be a great result regardless of the opposition.
Dundee will be dangerous after their hammering on Saturday and let's not forget they won at Tynecastle very recently.
All we can ask for is 100% from whoever plays and am sure we will get that.

Waxy
02-03-2022, 01:18 PM
At this rate Kuqi will get a game

Hibbyradge
02-03-2022, 01:29 PM
At this rate Kuqi will get a game

You'd get a game before him!

Iain G
02-03-2022, 01:55 PM
Maloney and Caldwell stripped and on the bench tonight then?

Since452
02-03-2022, 02:10 PM
Maloney and Caldwell stripped and on the bench tonight then?

Will give us somebody else to boo other than Wright

hibeg
02-03-2022, 02:32 PM
Can we get the lad that is on loan in Ireland back ? Name escapes me

hibeg
02-03-2022, 02:37 PM
Can we get the lad that is on loan in Ireland back ? Name escapes me

Ignore, I’ve just seen the thread further down that he is there till July. Pity, as he seems a prospect

Mike Berry
02-03-2022, 02:38 PM
I'm just waiting for someone on here to come out with, "I wonder if Deeks could do a job for us....."?

Hibbyradge
02-03-2022, 03:04 PM
I'm just waiting for someone on here to come out with, "I wonder if Deeks could do a job for us....."?

You just did! :doh:

Mike Berry
02-03-2022, 03:06 PM
You just did! :doh:Aw naw.......

GreenCastle
02-03-2022, 03:09 PM
Do we think the injury crisis has taken the pressure of Maloney and given him more time ? Feels like it has.

Haymaker
02-03-2022, 03:10 PM

Reckon he could to be honest.

Hibbyradge
02-03-2022, 03:11 PM
Do we think the injury crisis has taken the pressure of Maloney and given him more time ? Feels like it has.

No.

He's not under any pressure apart from the usual that goes with the job.

Stubbsy90+2
02-03-2022, 03:14 PM

Results have done that imo which is all the more impressive.

JimBHibees
02-03-2022, 03:15 PM

Results have hopefully get a decent run going.

GreenCastle
02-03-2022, 03:26 PM
No.

He's not under any pressure apart from the usual that goes with the job.

I think he was under pressure to make the top 6.

That surely must still be the target - 15 points to play for in last 5 games.

H18 SFR
02-03-2022, 03:28 PM
Yes, he seems to be impressing in the games he plays. Maloney has shown he's quite willing to put young players straight into the team if he thinks they're good enough.

Not sure if I’ve missed a debut or two but this doesn’t seem accurate at all.

I can’t think of one player?

Hibbyradge
02-03-2022, 03:35 PM
I think he was under pressure to make the top 6.

That surely must still be the target - 15 points to play for in last 5 games.

Yes, that's the usual pressure that comes with being the Hibs manager.

I don't think he'd have been under any more if he had a full complement of players to choose from. For one thing, our results would probably have been better.

1875Sean
02-03-2022, 03:45 PM
Think laidlaw will be in the squad, seen he is looking for tickets