PDA

View Full Version : Celtc manager

JimBHibees
28-02-2022, 08:32 AM
Watched Sportscene highlights and despite the incredible editing of the first half which showed none of our good play the most glaring thing was the Messiah of football coming out with "we completely dominated the whole game" which was the biggest lot of nonsense I have heard in a while. Think he is a bit of a clown to be honest.

Hibernia&Alba
28-02-2022, 08:38 AM
He is frustrated they dropped they dropped points when the title race is so close. I wouldn't take it to heart. I actually thought Celtc were poor, lacking threat for most of the game. We handled them very well, even with an injury ravaged side.

Mike Berry
28-02-2022, 08:40 AM
Watched Sportscene highlights and despite the incredible editing of the first half which showed none of our good play the most glaring thing was the Messiah of football coming out with "we completely dominated the whole game" which was the biggest lot of nonsense I have heard in a while. Think he is a bit of a clown to be honest.Did they show the Starfelt "tackle" on Nisbet. I thought it was a red card at the time.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
28-02-2022, 08:47 AM
If they were that good you've got to wonder how they only got a draw, I thought it was a pretty cynical celtc side who on another day with a less incompetent ref would have had starfelt and Carter Vickers sent off

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

hibby rae
28-02-2022, 08:51 AM
Watched Sportscene highlights and despite the incredible editing of the first half which showed none of our good play the most glaring thing was the Messiah of football coming out with "we completely dominated the whole game" which was the biggest lot of nonsense I have heard in a while. Think he is a bit of a clown to be honest.

I clocked that, but afterwards Naismith and McFadden, while not commenting on his comments did say Hibs controlled portions of the game and analysed the passing game we were playing in possession.

Mike Berry
28-02-2022, 08:56 AM
If they were that good you've got to wonder how they only got a draw, I thought it was a pretty cynical celtc side who on another day with a less incompetent ref would have had starfelt and Carter Vickers sent off

Sent from my SM-A750FN using TapatalkStarfelt should certainly have gone. Disgusting tackle.

Bostonhibby
28-02-2022, 08:57 AM
Starfelt should certainly have gone. Disgusting tackle.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using TapatalkSure the Compliance officer will sort it out but maybe too busy with Ryan Jack's assault last week.[emoji16]

Since452
28-02-2022, 09:02 AM
I had a little laugh to myself when the commentator on the highlights said something like "with all Hibs good play in the first half" despite the editing showing nothing but Celtic play.

Jim44
28-02-2022, 09:12 AM
His sour grapes attitude was touched on in the match thread, where he blamed the ‘poor conditions’ :greengrin for their not winning the game. He’s a twat.

flash
28-02-2022, 09:15 AM
Did they show the Starfelt "tackle" on Nisbet. I thought it was a red card at the time.

It wasn't a red card but a correct yellow. I think Nisbet twisted awkwardly.

WeeRussell
28-02-2022, 09:16 AM
Considering the team he manages, I don’t usually mind him, but aye think he was in the huff yesterday.. his team weren’t at their best. Maybe he should look closer to home for the reasons for that.

The tackle that injured Nisbet? Thought it was just a regular cynical foul, worthy of a booking, in which our player was unfortunate to pick-up a bad injury from. Didn’t notice anything red about it?

BILLYHIBS
28-02-2022, 09:23 AM
His Celtic team are good for 60 minutes and then they self implode

Even in the League Cup Final I thought they were there for the taking second half despite their spawny goals

Eddie Turnbull always used to say a game lasts for 90 minutes

He needs to look closer to home

oldbutdim
28-02-2022, 09:25 AM
Did they show the Starfelt "tackle" on Nisbet. I thought it was a red card at the time.

According to 'a commentator' Nisbet "hurt himself" so presumably no tackle far less a cautionable offence.

Callum_62
28-02-2022, 09:31 AM

Sent from my LYA-L09 using TapatalkYou reckon?

Looked a nothing tackle to me

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Fuzzywuzzy
28-02-2022, 09:32 AM
I've just watched it and no idea watch happened to Nisbet? There was a pul on the shirt but didn't look like any contact on the ankle?🤷

https://youtu.be/oPtd4Vd_EkY

about 55secs in

The Harp Awakes
28-02-2022, 09:35 AM
His sour grapes attitude was touched on in the match thread, where he blamed the ‘poor conditions’ :greengrin for their not winning the game. He’s a twat.

I've been quite impressed with his interviews in the past. He's always seemed pretty fair and gave a reasonable assessment of games. No idea what he was on about yesterday though as he was way off the mark. Hibs pretty much controlled the first 30 minutes of the game and restricted Celtic to only a few chances over the 90 minutes. A draw was a fair result and no way did Celtic dominate the game.

I wonder if the pressure is beginning to get to him. The winners of the SPL go directly into the Champions league next season so there is a lot of money at stake for whoever wins the league this season. Probably the reason for him resting so many players in the Bodo return leg, in favour of yesterday's game.

Gloucester Hibs
28-02-2022, 09:52 AM
Even the Sky pundits Boyd, Marv, and McGeady dismissed his reaction as rubbish. Dominated the areas Hibs allowed them to dominate were their words I think.

Alan62
28-02-2022, 09:59 AM
The Sportscene highlights are the most ridiculously one sided piece of editing you’re ever likely to see. As for Postecoglou’s notion that Hibs broke up the game, he should look to his own team who hoofed our players all over the park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
28-02-2022, 10:13 AM
I had a little laugh to myself when the commentator on the highlights said something like "with all Hibs good play in the first half" despite the editing showing nothing but Celtic play.

Yep noticed that myself ridiculous editing.

oldbutdim
28-02-2022, 10:14 AM
I've just watched it and no idea watch happened to Nisbet? There was a pul on the shirt but didn't look like any contact on the ankle?🤷

about 55secs in

Knee injury I believe.

JimBHibees
28-02-2022, 10:15 AM

about 55secs in

Got the impression it is his knee that is injured. Possibly medial ligaments hopefully not cruciate. Likely out for the season I would have thought.

JimBHibees
28-02-2022, 10:17 AM

Yes didn't think that bad. He was a little unlucky that Clancy hadn't noticed his centre defender partner cynically fouling his way through the game.

JimBHibees
28-02-2022, 10:19 AM
I've been quite impressed with his interviews in the past. He's always seemed pretty fair and gave a reasonable assessment of games. No idea what he was on about yesterday though as he was way off the mark. Hibs pretty much controlled the first 30 minutes of the game and restricted Celtic to only a few chances over the 90 minutes. A draw was a fair result and no way did Celtic dominate the game.

I wonder if the pressure is beginning to get to him. The winners of the SPL go directly into the Champions league next season so there is a lot of money at stake for whoever wins the league this season. Probably the reason for him resting so many players in the Bodo return leg, in favour of yesterday's game.

Think he is only reasonable when they have won the game. Actually quite funny that he basically gave up on Europe on Thursday to concentrate on our game only to not win it. :greengrin

Not something I am usually interested in however wonder what their fans thought of his line up on Thursday night.

KWJ
28-02-2022, 10:41 AM
I don't mind him, think he's decent for Scottish football.

No shock that our good play didn't get shown in the first half as it didn't lead to proper chances/highlights. They then showed some passing moments afterwards, would've been good to see Rocky's pirouettes though :greengrin

Keith_M
28-02-2022, 11:05 AM
I don't mind him, think he's decent for Scottish football.

No shock that our good play didn't get shown in the first half as it didn't lead to proper chances/highlights. They then showed some passing moments afterwards, would've been good to see Rocky's pirouettes though :greengrin

Did anybody else get the impression they've all been working on that move in training?

I'm sure even Drey Wright did one in the 1st half. 😁

Sean1875
28-02-2022, 11:08 AM
Tbf to them even a lot of Celtc fans on Twitter have been calling him out on his claims they dominated as a load of ***** - god knows what game he was watching.

SChibs
28-02-2022, 11:13 AM

Am I missing something here? It's a yellow card but nowhere near a red. I'd be fuming if a Hibs player got sent off for that

Cat Stanton
28-02-2022, 11:14 AM
The Sportscene highlights are the most ridiculously one sided piece of editing you’re ever likely to see. As for Postecoglou’s notion that Hibs broke up the game, he should look to his own team who hoofed our players all over the park.

I don't necessarily disagree re. the highlights editing, but in their defence, they have to boil down the game to five minutes of - mainly - goal-scoring opportunities. As we didn't create many, we didn't feature much. Good passages of play that don't lead anywhere aren't going to feature in that length of 'highlights'.

SChibs
28-02-2022, 11:16 AM
What are folk expecting Sportscene to show? We didn't have a single shot in the first half so they aren't exactly going to show a clip of us passing it around the back are they?

SChibs
28-02-2022, 11:17 AM
I don't necessarily disagree re. the highlights editing, but in their defence, they have to boil down the game to five minutes of - mainly - goal-scoring opportunities. As we didn't create many, we didn't feature much. Good passages of play that don't lead anywhere aren't going to feature in that length of 'highlights'.

I agree. During the analysis they showed clips of Hibs keeping the ball and playing it out from the back. That's not the sort of thing that will be in a highlight reel tho

Carheenlea
28-02-2022, 11:25 AM

Yep noticed that myself ridiculous editing.

The highlights aren’t compiled for our benefit remember.

James70
28-02-2022, 12:03 PM
I wonder what the reaction from him and the media would have been like had the tackle on Nisbet been by Porto on a Celtic player.

hibbyfraelibby
28-02-2022, 12:57 PM
Sure the Compliance officer will sort it out but maybe too busy with Ryan Jack's assault last week.[emoji16]

He was booked so Compliance Officer cannot take action

Bostonhibby
28-02-2022, 01:05 PM
He was booked so Compliance Officer cannot take actionVery true, that's probably why it was a booking..

matty_f
28-02-2022, 01:06 PM
According to 'a commentator' Nisbet "hurt himself" so presumably no tackle far less a cautionable offence.

Booking for Nisbet, if anything.

Bostonhibby
28-02-2022, 01:23 PM
Booking for Nisbet, if anything.And Porteous

Keith_M
28-02-2022, 01:30 PM
Not sure he's quite went the same level of sour grapes as Van Bronkhurst, who was putting their capitulation yesterday down to the lack of VAR in Scottish Football.

Wilson
28-02-2022, 01:32 PM
I wonder what the reaction from him and the media would have been like had the tackle on Nisbet been by Porto on a Celtic player.

What would the reaction of hibs fans have been if Porto had been sent off for the same challenge?

WeeRussell
28-02-2022, 01:37 PM

about 55secs in

Watching it again just to be sure… I sometimes think I’m bad for being a blinkered hibs fan and then I see people genuinely claiming that’s a red 😂

DJ HIBBY
28-02-2022, 05:05 PM
Watching it again just to be sure… I sometimes think I’m bad for being a blinkered hibs fan and then I see people genuinely claiming that’s a red 😂

Agree. At that time I couldn’t believe he had booked Starfelt given it was his first tackle and Carter Vickers had racked up around 4 fouls with one being a a very similar challenge

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-02-2022, 05:12 PM
Now that he has established that it is everyone else's fault that will make him truly "Celtc Minded "