PDA

View Full Version : Melkerson

Hibbyradge
27-02-2022, 10:53 PM
What's the story with this lad?

If Nisbet is out, will he be able to step up?

Callum_62
27-02-2022, 10:56 PM
He will be in the squad if his illness has cleared up

Not sure on the covid rules now but I'm guessing he and Scott will be touch and go for Wednesday night

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Hibbyradge
27-02-2022, 11:03 PM
He will be in the squad if his illness has cleared up

Not sure on the covid rules now but I'm guessing he and Scott will be touch and go for Wednesday night

Thanks. I've had a lot on my plate this week and I hadn't read that he had contracted Covid.

Scott too, huh.

GreenCastle
28-02-2022, 06:43 AM
He was signed early January and it’s nearly March.

It’s funny how the club have tried to protect him and the expectations but him not playing his made fans even more eager to watch him play and do well.

Expecting Nisbet to be out for a while so goals are needed in the team as Cadden is top scorer with 2 (Boyle and Nisbet were top scorers).

Callum_62
28-02-2022, 06:59 AM
He was signed early January and it’s nearly March.

It’s funny how the club have tried to protect him and the expectations but him not playing his made fans even more eager to watch him play and do well.

Expecting Nisbet to be out for a while so goals are needed in the team as Cadden is top scorer with 2 (Boyle and Nisbet were top scorers).To be fair he wasn't eligible until late January

Hopefully his illness is very short term as we definately need bodies

Funnily enough if Scott wasn't unwell I reckon he would be starting on Wednesday night

Ronniekirk
28-02-2022, 07:39 AM
Maloney hasn’t played him yet so his first start will be a short appearance off the bench

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scotiaf
28-02-2022, 07:48 AM
Last player that got really thrown in the deep end was Benji in the semi final against Hearts. He did not have a great day that day, but turned out to be a good signing.

Libby Hibby
28-02-2022, 08:49 AM
I think we will just need to trust our manager on how ‘ready’ he feels he is.

Strange though since we spent money on him that he has not started yet.

MWHIBBIES
28-02-2022, 08:58 AM
Last player that got really thrown in the deep end was Benji in the semi final against Hearts. He did not have a great day that day, but turned out to be a good signing.

We've had dozens chucked in the deep end since then.

LunasBoots
28-02-2022, 09:14 AM
Fans expectations are he must go straight in at the deep end, the clubs are more a development player for the future, if he's not ready then he's not ready, Scott can play up front and we have Doidge.

chippy
28-02-2022, 09:27 AM
Fans expectations are he must go straight in at the deep end, the clubs are more a development player for the future, if he's not ready then he's not ready, Scott can play up front and we have Doidge.

I’d give a go to the three young lads in the under 18s, Young, Laidlaw and O’Connor

Billy Whizz
28-02-2022, 10:00 AM
I’d give a go to the three young lads in the under 18s, Young, Laidlaw and O’Connor

They can’t play for the 1st team within 48 hours of playing for the under 18’s
They’ll all play against Rangers in the Youth Cup on Friday night, so can’t play Wednesday or Saturday for the 1st team
Wonder what they’ll do with Oscar McIntyre this week, as I’d think they’d want him for Fridays game

JeMeSouviens
28-02-2022, 10:19 AM

Ouch. Also remember Ivan Sproule coming on for his debut (I think) in a semi we lost v United. Looked totally lost. He turned out no bad.

Hermit Crab
28-02-2022, 10:20 AM
Think we’ve maybe been done here, maybe not what he thought he was?

How do you come to that conclusion? :confused:

Hermit Crab
28-02-2022, 10:24 AM
If he is fit then play him on Wednesday. Dundee are really **** and its a good game to put him in and see what he can do.

Wilson
28-02-2022, 10:28 AM

And ex player Vidar Riseth, who hailed him as a "transfer coup", was in on it?

JimBHibees
28-02-2022, 10:28 AM
Ouch. Also remember Ivan Sproule coming on for his debut (I think) in a semi we lost v United. Looked totally lost. He turned out no bad.

Was that the game Caldwell I think it was refused to pass to him when we were chasing an equaliser even though he was completely free out wide.

JimBHibees
28-02-2022, 10:30 AM
If he is fit then play him on Wednesday. Dundee are really **** and its a good game to put him in and see what he can do.

Is he able to play anyway given he has had Covid?

Hermit Crab
28-02-2022, 10:34 AM
Is he able to play anyway given he has had Covid?

Depends when he caught it and how long he's been isolating surely?

Wilson
28-02-2022, 10:37 AM

Then it is one thing being cleared to resume training but another to say he is ready for first team football on the back of an illness.

Lago
28-02-2022, 10:52 AM
Translation required 😁

Stubbsy90+2
28-02-2022, 11:28 AM

I’m fairly certain he missed last Tuesdays friendly with it so I’d think he’ll be fine for Wednesday (unless of course he’s still actually unwell).

Unseen work
28-02-2022, 12:19 PM
Blood typical we’ve been waiting for him to make his debut and the one time Nisbet gets injured he is ill/covid.

Hopefully it’s not for long and he can come back and show us what he’s all about.

I’m not expecting his hold up play to be great and he might lack physicality, but I think he’s going to be really sharp in and around the box and get plenty shots away.

andrew70
28-02-2022, 12:22 PM
The good thing is Maloney said pre Celtic game that Melkerson was looking sharp and in a better place to push Nisbet.

Hopefully Covid doesn’t take too much out of him and he can play on Wed, same goes for James Scott.

evy
28-02-2022, 12:48 PM
We've had dozens chucked in the deep end since then.

A certain C Logan had quite the deep end debut.

Crunchie
28-02-2022, 01:00 PM
A certain C Logan had quite the deep end debut.
:greengrin Didn't he just :not worth

JimBHibees
28-02-2022, 01:03 PM

Yep absolutely. Hopefully cleared to play

chippy
28-02-2022, 01:13 PM
They can’t play for the 1st team within 48 hours of playing for the under 18’s
They’ll all play against Rangers in the Youth Cup on Friday night, so can’t play Wednesday or Saturday for the 1st team
Wonder what they’ll do with Oscar McIntyre this week, as I’d think they’d want him for Fridays game
Ok just play one of them 3 to choose from

JeMeSouviens
28-02-2022, 01:37 PM
Was that the game Caldwell I think it was refused to pass to him when we were chasing an equaliser even though he was completely free out wide.

Yep, I think it's fair to say the squad didn't have huge faith in Ivan to start with. It was only 4 months later that Garry O'Connor was hooked at Ibrox and offered the comment, "wtf's he gonnae do?" about his replacement Sproule. :wink:

JimBHibees
28-02-2022, 05:16 PM
Yep, I think it's fair to say the squad didn't have huge faith in Ivan to start with. It was only 4 months later that Garry O'Connor was hooked at Ibrox and offered the comment, "wtf's he gonnae do?" about his replacement Sproule. :wink:

A classic Garry O comment that. :greengrin

Mcbizz1998
28-02-2022, 07:12 PM
Melkersen*

Anyway, I don’t get the clubs approach tbh. We were crying out for another striker after a poor summer window. So we sign Elias in Jan and don’t play him. If we had signed another striker who was injured or something, we would be going mental - how is this different?

JimBHibees
01-03-2022, 05:51 AM
Melkersen*

Anyway, I don’t get the clubs approach tbh. We were crying out for another striker after a poor summer window. So we sign Elias in Jan and don’t play him. If we had signed another striker who was injured or something, we would be going mental - how is this different?

We couldn't play him until the end of Jan due to visa. Assume he wasn't quite up to speed yet and he needed to do so to compete with our current forward players. Entirely up to him to earn his place now. Looks like Maloney is giving all players a clean slate and you need to compete to get your position which is imo exactly how it should be. An obvious opportunity with Nisbet injured however Doidge and Scott will be thinking the same.

greenlex
01-03-2022, 05:55 AM
Melkersen*

Im sure he got injured in a closed door game after his work permit eventually arrived. Just getting up to speed and covid hits. I think that’s the difference.

Hibernian Verse
01-03-2022, 06:38 AM
Im sure he got injured in a closed door game after his work permit eventually arrived. Just getting up to speed and covid hits. I think that’s the difference.

Was he not also coming in off the back of a full season?

Might be wrong, but Bodo/Glimt hadn't played for a while before pumping Celtc.

greenlex
01-03-2022, 03:55 PM
Was he not also coming in off the back of a full season?

Might be wrong, but Bodo/Glimt hadn't played for a while before pumping Celtc.
Not sure he played for them but was on loan elsewhere. Possibly still in Norway mind.

Sean1875
01-03-2022, 06:26 PM
Not sure he played for them but was on loan elsewhere. Possibly still in Norway mind.

Aye was the 2nd division/championship/whatever in Norway he was on loan at

greenlex
01-03-2022, 06:53 PM
Aye was the 2nd division/championship/whatever in Norway he was on loan at

:aok:

Diclonius
02-03-2022, 09:40 AM
Can he play tonight?

CapitalGreen
02-03-2022, 10:06 AM
Can he play tonight?

Hasn’t been pictured training. I imagine we won’t be rushing back anyone who has tested positive - the last thing we need is an outbreak in our already depleted squad.

Mainstandman
02-03-2022, 10:44 AM
Hasn’t been pictured training. I imagine we won’t be rushing back anyone who has tested positive - the last thing we need is an outbreak in our already depleted squad.

its fine, he can play and adopt Nisbet's strategy of staying away from the other hibs players on the pitch. :wink::wink:

Unseen work
02-03-2022, 10:46 AM
Is it confirmed anywhere it is covid?

All I’ve read is an illness and would seem odd if it was covid and only him and Scott were effected

04Sauzee
02-03-2022, 10:56 AM

All I’ve read is an illness and would seem odd if it was covid and only him and Scott were effected

Isn't Hague Ill as well? I know Melkerson and Hauge were at the Celtic Bodo Glint game in Glasgow not sure if they both have Covid or if it's just pure speculation.

CapitalGreen
02-03-2022, 11:15 AM

Hauge is ill too.

CapitalGreen
02-03-2022, 11:16 AM
Isn't Hague Ill as well? I know Melkerson and Hauge were at the Celtic Bodo Glint game in Glasgow not sure if they both have Covid or if it's just pure speculation.

They live together.

hibbyfraelibby
02-03-2022, 12:27 PM

We have had an on going outbreak for about 2 weeks...should now be over it and coming out far side. They just say a player is ill rather than have Covid

Unseen work
02-03-2022, 09:48 PM
Congratulations on the long awaited debut tonight.

Looked a lot bigger than I was expecting and shows some nice bits of hold up play and flicks.

I liked when Hague had the ball out wide at one point he was breaking his back to get in the box and ahead of the defender.

Also liked how he was absolutely buzzing and trying to get the crowd going.

Hopefully starts on Saturday.

Nicho87
02-03-2022, 09:53 PM
Must start Saturday.

Not 30 mins

Not played out on the left

Centre forward position.

Mcbizz1998
02-03-2022, 09:56 PM
Hope he starts on Saturday. Looked lively in the short period was on the pitch. Maybe the spark in front of goal we are crying out for!

No better time with a full ER for him to start and get some goals.

WeeRussell
02-03-2022, 09:58 PM
Hope he starts on Saturday. Looked lively in the short period was on the pitch. Maybe the spark in front of goal we are crying out for!

No better time with a full ER for him to start and get some goals.

Completely agree.

JohnM1875
02-03-2022, 09:59 PM
Has to start on Saturday for me. There will never be the perfect time for him to start and he can't be a worse option that Doidge is just now. However, I think if James Scott is fit it'll be him that starts up top.

Also, Hague looked right up for it eh!

cameronw-hfc
02-03-2022, 10:13 PM
Has to start on Saturday for me. There will never be the perfect time for him to start and he can't be a worse option that Doidge is just now. However, I think if James Scott is fit it'll be him that starts up top.

Also, Hague looked right up for it eh!

Tried to do a bit of research on Hague for an article I was going to do and from what I can see, I think that's how he plays all the time. Only way I can describe his style is heavy metal. Just full pelt all the time. Similar to Trezeguet at Villa. Causes problems through sheer chaos rather than silky skills.

FilipinoHibs
02-03-2022, 10:28 PM
Completely agree.

Here here. Both the Norwegians looked lively.

1875Sean
03-03-2022, 07:45 AM
I fear playing him up top alone he will get bullied and have no service

Northernhibee
03-03-2022, 07:57 AM
Here here. Both the Norwegians looked lively.

I was more excited by the two of them than any other Hibs player in the seventy odd minutes that preceded it. A determination to make something happen.

Unseen work
03-03-2022, 08:51 AM
I fear playing him up top alone he will get bullied and have no service

I never saw anything to suggest that last night.

He was a lot bigger than I expected, won a couple of headers and linked the play well when he got the ball.

That was against big centre halves in Sweeney, McGhee and Ashcroft.

If we play with Doidge and lump it long to him or put high crosses in the box St Johnstone will love that and it will suit them. If we play Melkersen who is maybe sharper on his feet and in the box aswell as being faster that might cause them more problems

NorthNorfolkHFC
03-03-2022, 09:33 AM
I never saw anything to suggest that last night.

He was a lot bigger than I expected, won a couple of headers and linked the play well when he got the ball.

That was against big centre halves in Sweeney, McGhee and Ashcroft.

If we play with Doidge and lump it long to him or put high crosses in the box St Johnstone will love that and it will suit them. If we play Melkersen who is maybe sharper on his feet and in the box aswell as being faster that might cause them more problems

A front three consisting of Melkerson, Doidge and Mueller is not too shabby.

J-C
03-03-2022, 10:13 AM
A front three consisting of Melkerson, Doidge and Mueller is not too shabby.

Replace Doidge with Jasper and it looks better.

B.H.F.C
03-03-2022, 10:17 AM
I’d play him and his mate. We’re going to have a bigger than normal crowd on Saturday and a bit enthusiasm will go a long way. They showed plenty of that last night.

Since452
03-03-2022, 10:17 AM

That would be an extremley lightweight front three.

B.H.F.C
03-03-2022, 10:19 AM

It’s something different. We’ve played with a 6ft1 striker all season which has generally been ineffective.

NorthNorfolkHFC
03-03-2022, 11:51 AM

I wouldn't disagree with either of those, Doidge seems to be a player who divides opinions.

At one point he couldn't stop scoring, that ability to nick a goal certainly doesn't just vanish. Add that to the fact that two recent managers have said they have been "delighted" when he was subbed as he was a nuisance, I think one was Martindale.

I would stick with the big man, he'll come good. It was not long ago we were all missing him terribly. Add that to the fact Mueller wont make Saturday.

Melkerson Doidge Jasper
Henderson
JDH Campbell/Wright
Doig Stevenson Porto Cadden
Dabrowski

A team more than capable of beating St Johnstone imo.

WeeRussell
03-03-2022, 11:59 AM

Really good teams worry more about having footballers and ability in the front line than size. The way we seem to think Maloney wants to play, we shouldn’t be playing Doidge just because he’s big.

Mikey_1875
03-03-2022, 12:16 PM
I wouldn't disagree with either of those, Doidge seems to be a player who divides opinions.

At one point he couldn't stop scoring, that ability to nick a goal certainly doesn't just vanish. Add that to the fact that two recent managers have said they have been "delighted" when he was subbed as he was a nuisance, I think one was Martindale.

I would stick with the big man, he'll come good. It was not long ago we were all missing him terribly. Add that to the fact Mueller wont make Saturday.

With each game that passes the more I think that Doidge will never be a good fit for how Maloney wants to play. Which is a shame as I like the guy. In my opinion for Doidge to be most effective he almost needs chances to be put on a plate for him whether thats crosses, lay offs or a break of the ball in the box.

He isn’t lazy but with Maloneys system it looks a lot more fluid and the striker will be required to drop in, maybe beat a man and create a chance for yourself or create one for a midfielder running beyond. Unfortunately none of these are strengths for Doidge and I think he suits a more “traditional” type of tactics.

We are so short of options at the moment that he does need all our backing. I wonder if playing in a two with Melkerson buzzing around him would make us more effective.

Ronniekirk
03-03-2022, 12:37 PM

Melkerson Doidge Jasper
Henderson
JDH Campbell/Wright
Doig Stevenson Porto Cadden
Dabrowski

A team more than capable of beating St Johnstone imo.

How many goals have they scored between them all season JHD only scored one goal for st Mirren so although he got two the other week it’s unlikely he will be repeating that any time soon
Hopefully his mates come across again and the bigger crowd spurs the whole team on to a better performance and goals as think we may need more than one to win it

NorthNorfolkHFC
03-03-2022, 01:35 PM
How many goals have they scored between them all season JHD only scored one goal for st Mirren so although he got two the other week it’s unlikely he will be repeating that any time soon
Hopefully his mates come across again and the bigger crowd spurs the whole team on to a better performance and goals as think we may need more than one to win it

Hardly any. We all know that.

Problem is SM has not had an opportunity to really field his best players and continue with the same team, which builds a bit continuity.

Its pretty much a different team, with different players in different positions every week. This cant be easy for players to know what the other does. Add into that players that aren't fit or became ill/got covid.

I think most of us are disappointed but we need to rally round SM and absolutely back him this season. A huge support will give the players a huge lift!!!

WeeRussell
03-03-2022, 01:41 PM

Whose mates are you referring to, Ronnie?

Hibbyradge
03-03-2022, 01:51 PM
Whose mates are you referring to, Ronnie?

JDH had a bunch of mates in the stand when he scored the 2 crackers.

J-C
03-03-2022, 03:59 PM

Do we need to play with a big lump up front, if Maloney wants to play possession attacking football, then it'll be quick passing quick movement type football, something Doidge will struggle with.

Lago
03-03-2022, 06:17 PM
:top marks

Problem is SM has not had an opportunity to really field his best players and continue with the same team, which builds a bit continuity.

Its pretty much a different team, with different players in different positions every week. This cant be easy for players to know what the other does. Add into that players that aren't fit or became ill/got covid.

I think most of us are disappointed but we need to rally round SM and absolutely back him this season. A huge support will give the players a huge lift!!!

Dmas
03-03-2022, 07:10 PM

Good post

Tambo
03-03-2022, 07:43 PM
I thought he done well for the time he had, some nice touches and a nice weighted pass into jasper.

gbhibby
03-03-2022, 07:45 PM
Boyler did not to bad being a lightweight.Give it a go on Saturday. If it is not working it can be changed.

ahibby
03-03-2022, 07:50 PM
Boyler did not to bad being a lightweight.Give it a go on Saturday. If it is not working it can be changed.

Looks to have tricks or slick skills. We need to get goals though and one way used to be to increase the average age of the team. Players like Doidge, Wright dare I say McGregor do that. Not saying they get 90 together but still have their uses.

pacoluna
03-03-2022, 07:50 PM
SM says that we will be heavily reliant on melkerson for rest of season with no intention to buy a free agent.

gbhibby
03-03-2022, 08:23 PM
Looks to have tricks or slick skills. We need to get goals though and one way used to be to increase the average age of the team. Players like Doidge, Wright dare I say McGregor do that. Not saying they get 90 together but still have their uses.
We need to be more direct and be able to get cross past the.near post.

J-C
03-03-2022, 08:34 PM
SM says that we will be heavily reliant on melkerson for rest of season with no intention to buy a free agent.

Good, we payed very good money for him and he was highly thought of in Norway as was Hauge, if he's ready get them playing.

truehibernian
03-03-2022, 08:44 PM
Good, we payed very good money for him and he was highly thought of in Norway as was Hauge, if he's ready get them playing.

Hauge reminds me (in character) of Dean Shiels...........a right wee fighter who has good technical ability. Melkerson actually reminded me of Scott Allan in the way he can see a pass before everyone else. There was one take, turn and give that was very reminiscent of Scotty which led to Jasper fluffing his lines.

J-C
03-03-2022, 08:49 PM
Hauge reminds me (in character) of Dean Shiels...........a right wee fighter who has good technical ability. Melkerson actually reminded me of Scott Allan in the way he can see a pass before everyone else. There was one take, turn and give that was very reminiscent of Scotty which led to Jasper fluffing his lines.

I thought they both looked pretty decent technical players but also had a wee bit of dig about them which should suit Scottish football, it's a market we've missed out on for a while and it's good to see us looking there.

Radium
03-03-2022, 10:45 PM
I impressed with Melkerson in his cameo and would like to see him start at the weekend.

For a bit of freshness and, not the most important reason, it would lift the atmosphere during a tough spell.

Hibbyradge
03-03-2022, 10:55 PM
I don't think either player did anything particularly remarkable. They were both fine.

When they came on, everybody understandably focused their attention on them, particularly Melkerson, so they saw everything they did and that gives a false impression of what they brought to the game in the short time they were involved.

That's in no way a criticism of either player, by the way, but if we focused solely on any player, we'd see a lot more of what they actually contribute, but we usually watch the entire game. I hope I've explained my thoughts properly.

Having said that, I was happy enough with their enthusiasm and commitment and, like everyone else, I'm hoping that they're both very successful with us.

JimBHibees
04-03-2022, 05:54 AM
I don't think either player did anything particularly remarkable. They were both fine.

When they came on, everybody understandably focused their attention on them, particularly Melkerson, so they saw everything they did and that gives a false impression of what they brought to the game in the short time they were involved.

That's in no way a criticism of either player, by the way, but if we focused solely on any player, we'd see a lot more of what they actually contribute, but we usually watch the entire game. I hope I've explained my thoughts properly.

Having said that, I was happy enough with their enthusiasm and commitment and, like everyone else, I'm hoping that they're both very successful with us.

Think that is fair however was quite impressed with both and both looked well up for it which is half the battle in Scottish football. Huge opportunity in the next few weeks given our current situation.

Unseen work
04-03-2022, 06:10 AM
Really good teams worry more about having footballers and ability in the front line than size. The way we seem to think Maloney wants to play, we shouldn’t be playing Doidge just because he’s big.

Exactly this, you look at celtics front 3 of Kyogo, Abada and Jota - None overly physical but they work hard and have quality on the ball that scares you.

Scottish defenders would much prefer to play against a physical striker to a small nippy one with skill and ability

Stubbsy90+2
04-03-2022, 07:12 AM

Agree.

Like you said, not a criticism of them at all but I don’t think they done all that much. That’s to be expected though on your debut in a new country at such a young age with 10 minutes of the game left.

Melkersen did have one pass into Jasper which felt like it was one of the first times someone had the ball passed infront of them all game which was nice to see.

KWJ
04-03-2022, 11:31 AM

Melkerson arguably played the pass of the game with his perfectly weighted ball through for Jasper. The 2 of them, along with Jasper, injected pace into the game so I do think it's fair to say they made a difference despite their short involvement and lack of touches.

Whether they can do that from the start of a match and not get bogged down by a games slow tempo will be another test.

Hibbyradge
04-03-2022, 11:44 AM
Melkerson arguably played the pass of the game with his perfectly weighted ball through for Jasper. The 2 of them, along with Jasper, injected pace into the game so I do think it's fair to say they made a difference despite their short involvement and lack of touches.

Whether they can do that from the start of a match and not get bogged down by a games slow tempo will be another test.

It was a good pass, but there were loads of balls played for the likes of Cadden and Doig to run into.

You could argue that it was the first time anyone had got themselves into a position to receive a pass like that, but fair play, he saw it and executed it well.

However, I'm conscious that we need to keep our expectations realistic here. I'm hoping like everyone else that Elias makes a positive contribution, but I'm trying to keep my hopes in check.

KWJ
04-03-2022, 01:45 PM
It was a good pass, but there were loads of balls played for the likes of Cadden and Doig to run into.

You could argue that it was the first time anyone had got themselves into a position to receive a pass like that, but fair play, he saw it and executed it well.

However, I'm conscious that we need to keep our expectations realistic here. I'm hoping like everyone else that Elias makes a positive contribution, but I'm trying to keep my hopes in check.

Pfft, I've already got my Melkerson duvet, Melkerson 34 shirt and Elias <3 tattoo.

:greengrin

Hibbyradge
04-03-2022, 02:00 PM
Pfft, I've already got my Melkerson duvet, Melkerson 34 shirt and Elias <3 tattoo.

:tee hee:

A Hi-Bee
04-03-2022, 06:11 PM

The 2 players had around 10 mins on the park, hardly long enough to get warmed up, they will be fine after 6 or 7 games, once they reach match fitness, I will temper my expectations till then.

Unseen work
06-03-2022, 06:54 PM
Was impressed with him again yeaterday

Plays with a real intensity and is willing to drop deep and run in behind, looks like his link up play will be good too.

He looks desperate to do well and score goals which is really refreshing to see

He may need to calm down a bit though as he was looking like a red car waiting to happen, same with Hauge on Wednesday :greengrin at least they’re both passionate and willing to get stuck in too!

Iggy Pope
06-03-2022, 06:57 PM
Was impressed with him again yeaterday

Plays with a real intensity and is willing to drop deep and run in behind, looks like his link up play will be good too.

He looks desperate to do well and score goals which is really refreshing to see

He may need to calm down a bit though as he was looking like a red car waiting to happen, same with Hauge on Wednesday :greengrin at least they’re both passionate and willing to get stuck in too!

I actually thought his yellow was his second at the time but thankfully that was more to do with radge hair and pink boots. Not thought that since the New York Dolls.

Hibbyradge
06-03-2022, 10:05 PM
I actually thought his yellow was his second at the time but thankfully that was more to do with radge hair and pink boots. Not thought that since the New York Dolls.

:hilarious

Brill, Stevie.

Bobby's Cinema
06-03-2022, 10:52 PM
Time will tell if they are up to the standard required but through sheer enthusiasm and willingness to try and play passes around the box and be direct they made an immediate impact Saturday. We need to take some of that to start on the front foot in games.

Tambo
07-03-2022, 08:28 AM
Could be a case of that's how they play with very high tempo and energy.

All though I thought Melkersen was a goal threat when he came on he maybe needs to calm down but I understand the boys probably excited and wanting to impress.

I'd have him start Sunday.

B.H.F.C
07-03-2022, 08:32 AM
Could be a case of that's how they play with very high tempo and energy.

All though I thought Melkersen was a goal threat when he came on he maybe needs to calm down but I understand the boys probably excited and wanting to impress.

I'd have him start Sunday.

Does need to calm down slightly with a couple of the challenges he’s put in. But hopefully that enthusiasm gives the rest of them a lift and encourages them to lift the tempo a bit. He has to start on Sunday.

Tambo
07-03-2022, 08:39 AM
Does need to calm down slightly with a couple of the challenges he’s put in. But hopefully that enthusiasm gives the rest of them a lift and encourages them to lift the tempo a bit. He has to start on Sunday.

Could also be a case of the talk of the physical side of the Scottish game but I agree that both games he and Hauge have featured we have looked better going forward and more energy.

Northernhibee
07-03-2022, 09:39 AM
I'd be tempted to give a few of the youngsters and B-teamers a chance to show what they can do. We have a lot of players who look sluggish and exhausted and if we keep the ones who have looked lively (Doig, Porto, Stevenson, Melkersen, Cadden, Jasper), a couple of other players to keep continuity (Doyle Hayes, Dabrowski) and have three or so out of Laidlaw, Delfierre, Hauge etc. then we may just get the lift we need.

greenlex
07-03-2022, 07:38 PM
Has to start ahead of Christian. No ifs or buts.

500miles
07-03-2022, 08:10 PM

I'd start him with Doidge. We often get around the edge of the box with nobody to hit with the ball. Having 2 players comfortable in the penalty box could be the thing we're missing.

Callum_62
07-03-2022, 08:21 PM
I'd start him with Doidge. We often get around the edge of the box with nobody to hit with the ball. Having 2 players comfortable in the penalty box could be the thing we're missing.I'd probably try them both up top too

aberhibsfc
07-03-2022, 09:21 PM
Translation required 😁

:D

Ronniekirk
09-03-2022, 03:28 PM
I'd probably try them both up top too

Both fir different reasons may not last 90 minutes so who do we bring on later in game if needing to push fir a winner
Would be a gamble starting them both If they both scored great but Doidge to date isn’t looking like scoring

Percy Vere
10-03-2022, 07:08 AM
I'd start him with Doidge. We often get around the edge of the box with nobody to hit with the ball. Having 2 players comfortable in the penalty box could be the thing we're missing.

Totally agree
But it’s hardly revolutionary is it?
We’re struggling for goals
Erm… let’s try two up front, see if that helps.
I’m struggling to see why we’ve persisted with only one up front be it Doidge or Nisbet.
False 9 stuff, all very nice but for now, with current playing staff it really is false.
Perhaps after summer transfer we can implement these ideas but for now we need to play with what we have.

bigwheel
10-03-2022, 07:21 AM
Totally agree
But it’s hardly revolutionary is it?
We’re struggling for goals
Erm… let’s try two up front, see if that helps.
I’m struggling to see why we’ve persisted with only one up front be it Doidge or Nisbet.
False 9 stuff, all very nice but for now, with current playing staff it really is false.
Perhaps after summer transfer we can implement these ideas but for now we need to play with what we have.

Two up front will reduce the amount of players in midfield or defence …in a team that is looking to retain possession it might not be the right thing for us We won’t get the ball to the front as much as when we have one up front ..they may end up being up there without a lot of chances being created ..Maloney would have to overcome that to decide to play two up front

gbhibby
10-03-2022, 01:00 PM
I like Melkerson wants to move into space and make himself available and can look after himself. Would start him up top with Mueller as their movement will give defenders a lot to think about. Nisbet and Doidge are too predictable. Give it a go Shaun you know it makes sense.

matty_f
10-03-2022, 02:42 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/melkersen-urged-to-step-up-in-nisbets-absence-3605608?fbclid=IwAR3BJC1JhYoGHN7fZxCg9_Pg-iM5ijd5d9WNjdIP5TCk2qkhNPbEe931bfo

greenlex
13-03-2022, 03:31 PM
:thumbsup::nerd: