PDA

View Full Version : A Draw

Key West
27-02-2022, 07:07 AM
Would be happy with a draw, ecstatic with a win.

Allant1981
27-02-2022, 07:10 AM
Hate to say it but cant see anything other than a celtic win today, to many of our better players out, hopefully i leave ER wrong

Stubbsy90+2
27-02-2022, 07:14 AM
Would be happy with a draw, ecstatic with a win.

Yup. A draw would be a good result.

Sir David Gray
27-02-2022, 07:17 AM
I'd bite your hand off for a draw - personally can't see anything other than a comfortable Celtic victory unfortunately.

davy67 +
27-02-2022, 07:26 AM
I'd take a draw , but a win would be nicer

Nicho87
27-02-2022, 07:32 AM
Expectations - not against maloney by the way, have fell ten fold.

The need for the odd home victory against one of the uglies is required for fans to come back to think well we might win this one rather than hoping for a draw mentality.

But yes can’t see anything other than Celtic cheating win - just like old times.

Since452
27-02-2022, 07:44 AM
Ross was criticized for not beating the old firm, now we're excepting draws as good results under Maloney. How expectations have fallen.

B.H.F.C
27-02-2022, 07:47 AM
Expectations - not against maloney by the way, have fell ten fold.

The need for the odd home victory against one of the uglies is required for fans to come back to think well we might win this one rather than hoping for a draw mentality.

But yes can’t see anything other than Celtic cheating win - just like old times.

No just expectations, there’s a total lack of enthusiasm. You’d hardly know there’s a game on today looking at the board.

2-1 Hibs, we live in hope.

MWHIBBIES
27-02-2022, 07:51 AM
With this many players out, a draw would be very good. Nothing to do with expectations have fallen pish.

flash
27-02-2022, 07:51 AM
Ross was criticized for not beating the old firm, now we're excepting draws as good results under Maloney. How expectations have fallen.

Nothing whatsoever to do with having 9 players missing.

Borderhibbie76
27-02-2022, 07:58 AM

I was a Jack Ross fan but this is nonsense, it's more to do with the fact we have 9 players out today - almost a full first choice 11

Allant1981
27-02-2022, 07:59 AM

If we had a fully fit squad it would be different but we have half a team out, mcginn, hanlon, newell, magennis, mitchell, clarke, scott, melkersson

And henderson cant play as still on loan

Stubbsy90+2
27-02-2022, 08:00 AM

You can thank Jack Ross for that.

Expectations are where they are because of where we’ve been as a club the last 5 or 6 months. Jack Ross is the largest part of the reason for that.

As for Jack Ross being criticised, there’s a huge difference between expecting Jack Ross to get the team he built to win these games compared to expecting Maloney to get someone else’s poorly built team to win these games.

It’s a big ask for Maloney to get what is largely Jack Ross’ poor squad performing to a level to beat a very good Celtic team within 2 months. Throw in the outrageous amount of injuries and our star centre half being fresh out the jail and a draw would be a decent result. I’d hope we’ll be back to being more optimistic about these sorts of games next season.

MWHIBBIES
27-02-2022, 08:02 AM
You can thank Jack Ross for that.

Expectations are where they are because of where we’ve been as a club the last 5 or 6 months. Jack Ross is the largest part of the reason for that.

It’s a big ask for Maloney to get what is largely Jack Ross’ poor squad performing to a level to beat a very good Celtic team within 2 months. Throw in the outrageous amount of injuries and our star centre half being fresh out the jail and a draw would be a decent result. I’d hope we’ll be back to being more optimistic about these sorts of games next season.

It is not a poor squad, never was.

Libby Hibby
27-02-2022, 08:04 AM
Na, let’s go for the win

Stubbsy90+2
27-02-2022, 08:05 AM
It is not a poor squad, never was.

I’d disagree.

Short in some areas in numbers, short in others in quality. God knows how many players offering absolutely nothing. Has all the makings of a poor squad.

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-02-2022, 08:05 AM
With this many players out, a draw would be very good. Nothing to do with expectations have fallen pish.

Indeed.

Mikey_1875
27-02-2022, 08:21 AM
No just expectations, there’s a total lack of enthusiasm. You’d hardly know there’s a game on today looking at the board.

2-1 Hibs, we live in hope.

Definitely a lack of enthusiasm in general around this one and think our crowd could also be really poor today. Was thinking last week if people aren’t motivated to go on a nice day, Saturday 3pm where we had a good chance of winning then what reason would there be to turn up at 12pm today.

davhibby
27-02-2022, 08:36 AM
With 9 players out and all 9 would be at least in the squad, most would be starting it’s not exactly lowering expectations to be happy with a draw against a Celtic team that haven’t lost domestically in something like 20 games. We do have players that can cause them problems though and it’s important not to let them get an early goal.

Sir David Gray
27-02-2022, 08:38 AM
With 9 players out and all 9 would be at least in the squad, most would be starting it’s not exactly lowering expectations to be happy with a draw against a Celtic team that haven’t lost domestically in something like 20 games. We do have players that can cause them problems though and it’s important not to let them get an early goal.

Yes hopefully we've learned lessons from their last visit to Easter Road when the game was over after 30 minutes.

Keith_M
27-02-2022, 08:38 AM
We're going to win 2-1.

gbhibby
27-02-2022, 08:43 AM
Go full Bodo, yellow strip, win no problem.

Brightside
27-02-2022, 08:47 AM
It will be a miracle if we get a draw. 10 players out. And do we think Shaun has a defensive game in his play book?

matty_f
27-02-2022, 08:50 AM
No lack of enthusiasm here, can’t wait to get down to the stadium. Don’t see us winning but i think we’ll make a game of it.

Key West
27-02-2022, 08:54 AM

Given the resources that Celtic have I am not expecting us to draw,hopefully we can have a go and beat them but if we got a point I would not be disappointed.

Stubbsy90+2
27-02-2022, 08:55 AM
It will be a miracle if we get a draw. 10 players out. And do we think Shaun has a defensive game in his play book?

We have generally looked a bit more solid under Maloney imo.

We quite regularly give very little away.

Ronniekirk
27-02-2022, 08:59 AM
Three games this week with none of the injured players expected to recover in time to participate
Expect to take no points today as Celtic rested a few players midweek
If we could get a draw great but the more important games to win are Dundee away And st Johnstone at home that would give us springboard to still be fighting for fourth place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreenCastle
27-02-2022, 09:00 AM

It’s not the back which is the issue.

If you saw Celtic get beat in Europe it’s the high press and quality Bodo had in middle to front 3rd.

Unfortunately we don’t have that quality so probably will be about hanging on for as long as possible.

Key West
27-02-2022, 09:07 AM
The pressure is on Celtic with their rivals breathing down their neck. Hibs have nothing to lose and therefore can play with a sense of freedom and enjoyment.

B.H.F.C
27-02-2022, 09:13 AM
It’s not the back which is the issue.

If you saw Celtic get beat in Europe it’s the high press and quality Bodo had in middle to front 3rd.

Unfortunately we don’t have that quality so probably will be about hanging on for as long as possible.

Agree with this, I’m not sure we play (or can play) in the way you need to play to beat them, especially with the players available.

Just hope we give it a good go today. Can’t gift them goals in the way we have the last two games against them.

Green Reaper
27-02-2022, 09:43 AM
Agree with this, I’m not sure we play (or can play) in the way you need to play to beat them, especially with the players available.

Just hope we give it a good go today. Can’t gift them goals in the way we have the last two games against them.
And we also need to take our chances as they will be few, gie’ the baw tae Jake…shoot!

Hiber-nation
27-02-2022, 09:49 AM
Wright in for Henderson....Mueller sits on bench.

H18S NX
27-02-2022, 09:58 AM
Cannae see a win today,too many first team injuries unfortunately.

Key West
27-02-2022, 01:47 PM
👍