DTS
22-02-2022, 03:49 PM
🆕🎙EP97: Winter Window with Ben Kensell & Ian Gordon🎙🆕

- In's and out's of transfers at @hibernianfc 🥬
- Window out of 10?🤔
- Ian Gordon's role 🔎
- Exploring new markets 🆕
- Plans for summer window ⏭️

Apple: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/down-the-slope-podcast/id1527578077?i=1000551901857

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/episode/2DIQCFk1lDzsOz7HueFG6V?si=6FLW4J42TNy3I5aXdxeHVw

We had a great night chatting with Ben & Ian(his first media since joining the club) hope you all enjoy👍🏼

Onceinawhile
22-02-2022, 03:54 PM
Well, that is interesting.

I'll give it a listen when I'm working the morn.

How did you find Ian Gordon out of interest?

DTS
22-02-2022, 04:06 PM
Well, that is interesting.

I'll give it a listen when I'm working the morn.

How did you find Ian Gordon out of interest?

Hope you enjoy it!

Ian came across really well, really interesting and committed guy! Hopefully comes across in the pod.

Steve88
22-02-2022, 04:12 PM
Really well done guys. Currently listening whilst working

DTS
22-02-2022, 04:20 PM
Really well done guys. Currently listening whilst working

Hopefully makes work that little bit easier

Vault Boy
22-02-2022, 04:25 PM
Nice work guys, great capture. Enjoying the listen.

The 90+2
22-02-2022, 04:27 PM
Thanks chaps. Trying to do homework on my interview for the position I'm going to take :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

DTS
22-02-2022, 04:46 PM
Thanks chaps. Trying to do homework on my interview for the position I'm going to take :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Disappointed we didn’t inside info on it tbh

DTS
22-02-2022, 04:46 PM
Nice work guys, great capture. Enjoying the listen.

Glad you’re enjoying it

matty_f
22-02-2022, 04:48 PM
Will listen to this asap!

The 90+2
22-02-2022, 04:54 PM
Disappointed we didn’t inside info on it tbh

I'm sure you would rather keep inside info' scoops for players in the summer when you ask BK for another interview or a scoop :greengrin:greengrin

Hibee Mac
22-02-2022, 05:11 PM
Good to see you've got these guys on.

Not listened much to this podcast but first impressions need to sort the audio levels out lads!

GreenGray
22-02-2022, 05:28 PM
Listening now, great scoop lads! Alarm bells Ringing when Ian said that he started scouting in 2019 and he’s our head of recruitment though.

keep the faith
22-02-2022, 05:35 PM
Struggling to hear it on the speaker so will try with headphones later.

Centre Hawf
22-02-2022, 05:36 PM
Listening now, great scoop lads! Alarm bells Ringing when Ian said that he started scouting in 2019 and he’s our head of recruitment though.

I took that to mean at the club but I could be wrong?

davhibby
22-02-2022, 05:58 PM

That’s how it sounded to me as well. Also good to hear Ben confirm that Rocky and Jasper are ours and all we have to do is trigger the clause at any time. Could see us doing it with Rocky around Season Ticket sale time

The 90+2
22-02-2022, 06:06 PM

Barcelona under an alias before that? :confused: :greengrin

jacomo
22-02-2022, 06:26 PM
That’s how it sounded to me as well. Also good to hear Ben confirm that Rocky and Jasper are ours and all we have to do is trigger the clause at any time. Could see us doing it with Rocky around Season Ticket sale time

Get them both signed up. Good players!

DTS
22-02-2022, 06:58 PM
Good to see you've got these guys on.

Not listened much to this podcast but first impressions need to sort the audio levels out lads!

This was our first podcast recording together in person and the club set up the audio etc. usually we just chat on zoom! If we ever start making ££ we’ll invest in equipment to keep improving. Thanks for the feedback mate.

Daniel 1875
22-02-2022, 07:02 PM
Great listen. Brilliant to see the club continuing to accommodate fan media so much - top work lads.

bigwheel
22-02-2022, 07:06 PM
I’ve been critical about the lack of communication and engagement from the senior figures at the club . This is another in a recent line of much better engagement . Also the players q &a tonight ..another fantastic example ..delighted they are upping their fan engagement and long May it continue …

Nice one guys - well done !! Some really good questions and discussions ..

Buy a couple of cheap mobile mics to help the sound !

Hibee Mac
22-02-2022, 07:57 PM
This was our first podcast recording together in person and the club set up the audio etc. usually we just chat on zoom! If we ever start making ££ we’ll invest in equipment to keep improving. Thanks for the feedback mate.Ah I see, didn't realise it was more of a one off scenario. About halfway through really enjoying the questions you guys are asking. Striking a good balance between what the fans are thinking and what you could get away with asking!

Dalianwanda
22-02-2022, 08:35 PM
Really enjoyed that, thanks!

GreenGray
22-02-2022, 08:43 PM
Just finished it boys was class! Such an interesting lesson.

I think Ben Kensell is such a coup for our club he’s seems very switched on and it’s good to hear his thoughts on issues such as club ambitions and the commercial side of the Scottish game, agree with almost everything he said.

Interesting to hear that it was Grant Holt who persuaded him to join too, what a guy Holty is, cult hero.

JimBHibees
23-02-2022, 07:55 AM
That was excellent great questions and good to hear them answered so well and comprehensively by both Ben and Ian. Great job :thumbsup:

Iain G
23-02-2022, 08:10 AM
Is this where the evening news have cribbed their interview with Ben and Ian from?

DTS
23-02-2022, 08:29 AM
Is this where the evening news have cribbed their interview with Ben and Ian from?

Yeah the EEN have quotes from the podcast - which we’re fine with

04Sauzee
23-02-2022, 08:31 AM
Interesting to hear that we will continue to look at the American and Scandinavian markets and also looking at the Asian market

KanyeWestLower
23-02-2022, 09:08 AM
Been listening to the pod since the start, well done on getting the scoop and keep up the good work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DTS
23-02-2022, 10:13 AM
Been listening to the pod since the start, well done on getting the scoop and keep up the good work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Appreciate it mate

GordonHFC
23-02-2022, 10:54 AM
This on YouTube yet?

DTS
23-02-2022, 11:16 AM
This on YouTube yet?

Unfortunately it won’t be on YouTube this week as there was no video coverage just audio

Unseen work
23-02-2022, 11:37 AM
Brilliant podcast guys, well done to all involved.

Love hearing stuff like this and really good to finally hear from Ian, I know Kensell has (wrongly imo) received some stick but I always thinks he comes across very well.

Great questions and I liked when he flipped it on yous and asked who you’s want to sign :greengrin

matty_f
23-02-2022, 01:17 PM
Cracking episode, really enjoyed that!

DTS
23-02-2022, 02:34 PM
Brilliant podcast guys, well done to all involved.

Love hearing stuff like this and really good to finally hear from Ian, I know Kensell has (wrongly imo) received some stick but I always thinks he comes across very well.

Great questions and I liked when he flipped it on yous and asked who you’s want to sign :greengrin

Glad you enjoyed it!! Fair to see he threw us a bit with that one

hibeejeebies
23-02-2022, 08:55 PM
Brilliant listen guys.

Like another poster mentioned, really good to see the club engaging with the fans in a down-to-earth way like this.

Keep up the good work.

Alex Trager
23-02-2022, 09:04 PM
Interview with Greg McEwan in the EEN here

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/big-hibs-interview-commercial-director-greg-mcewan-3583173

Johnny_Leith
24-02-2022, 05:11 AM
First time listening to DTS, tried to listen in the gym this morning but the audio levels are very low, closer to the mics next time please gents.

Iain G
24-02-2022, 07:33 AM
Really enjoyed this episode, Ben continues to come across very well and is pretty open and Ian also presented himself well and both are clearly enthusiastic about the project they have here.

DTS
24-02-2022, 09:17 AM
First time listening to DTS, tried to listen in the gym this morning but the audio levels are very low, closer to the mics next time please gents.

Was our first time (probably last time for a while) that we’ve recorded in person due to the pandemic etc & the club sorted all the audio for us which were extremely grateful for but there has defo been some issue there so will make sure it’s better in the future👍🏼 Hopefully you listen and enjoy again in the future

Diclonius
24-02-2022, 09:38 AM
Great to hear Bushiri and Jasper have pre-agreed a deal with us if we want it.

G15 Hibs
24-02-2022, 10:48 AM
That was a really interesting listen. The new model for running the club continues to be intriguing and potentially exciting. Looking forward to seeing how it develops. If they keep on talking like this I'm going to start getting optimistic about the way things are going, when as a jaded middle-aged bloke I should know better from bitter experience. Ben comes across well though. Seems fairly grounded while understanding and not underestimating the club's potential and fans' expectations. Honest about where there have been failings.

Speaking of which, the bit at the start where he says the club were underprepared for the summer 2021 window but wasn't pointing any fingers drew a wry smile! So who's at the club now and who isn't?

Danderhall Hibs
24-02-2022, 05:53 PM
Enjoying this so far - Ben comes across really well. Sound was an issue but I know not your fault - maybe a positive that Greig was quieter than normal? 😂

hibsforeurope
25-02-2022, 08:22 AM
Good episode, always interesting to hear from those inside the club.

Sounds like last summer has really set them back, should lead to a really exciting window this summer. Hopefully we qualify for Europe and we can be prepared and give it a proper go this time.