PDA

View Full Version : Head of Football Operations

Since452
22-02-2022, 02:44 PM
I noticed Hibs are recruiting for the above position. Sounds like a pretty big role. Will be interesting to see what that involves.

Danderhall Hibs
22-02-2022, 02:44 PM
I noticed Hibs are recruiting for the above position. Sounds like a pretty big role. Will be interesting to see what that involves.

You can click and see the job description.

hibsforeurope
22-02-2022, 02:45 PM

Had seen that, wonder if this is this Mathie's old role or something different.

Danderhall Hibs
22-02-2022, 02:46 PM

Looks quite admin based. A bit like a club secretary or something (that's what it's called at Junior level I think).

Pretty Boy
22-02-2022, 02:46 PM
Interesting development.

Almost looks like reverting to something very close to the system we moved away from not so long ago.

hibsforeurope
22-02-2022, 02:47 PM
Looks quite admin based. A bit like a club secretary or something (that's what it's called at Junior level I think).

looks like a lot of responsibility for the salary.

Mike Berry
22-02-2022, 02:51 PM
I think I'll apply for that. I've talked about football a lot in the pub with my mates and I go to the games and stuff so I really know my stuff.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Mikey_1875
22-02-2022, 02:57 PM
Definitely looks more of an organisation and admin role i.e sorting hotels, matchday paperwork etc rather than a director of football role which I initially thought it was when I first seen the advert.

I think a salary of 30-35K probably reflects that as well so I don’t think this is anything about replacing Mathie etc.

Mike Berry
22-02-2022, 02:59 PM
I think I'll apply for that. I've talked about football a lot in the pub with my mates and I go to the games and stuff so I really know my stuff.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using TapatalkActually, scrub that, the salary is terrible for what they're asking you to do. If anyone good takes the job they'll be using it as a stepping stone and will be off after a year or so.

Cat Stanton
22-02-2022, 03:00 PM
Definitely looks more of an organisation and admin role i.e sorting hotels, matchday paperwork etc rather than a director of football role which I initially thought it was when I first seen the advert.

I think a salary of 30-35K probably reflects that as well so I don’t think this is anything about replacing Mathie etc.

The EEN agrees with you. But that's probably because they just read it here and based an article on it as usual.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-search-for-new-head-of-football-operations-explained-3580930

Bostonhibby
22-02-2022, 03:34 PM

Sent from my LYA-L09 using TapatalkAre we talking wetherspoons here?[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Allant1981
22-02-2022, 03:50 PM
Salary isnt the best, wouldnt have thought they would get many experienced applicants with a wage of 30-35 grand but will appeal to folk looking to get into this side of things at a professional club

22-02-2022, 04:00 PM

George Craig's job title was Head of Football Operations. After he left Graeme Mathie became Sporting Director. Couldn't tell you how the two roles differ though.

McSwanky
22-02-2022, 04:02 PM
Are we talking wetherspoons here?[emoji6]

Don't think the salary will be enough to tempt him away from St Johnstone TBF.

:duck:

wookie70
22-02-2022, 04:04 PM

That was George Craig's title (https://www.facebook.com/HibernianFootballClubOfficial/posts/-our-head-of-football-operations-george-craig-completed-his-last-day-at-htc-on-m/2553155908116788/)when he left in 2019. Perhaps Ron has realised that LD was correct

Greencore
22-02-2022, 04:06 PM
Announce Eric Bischoff. Am baaack🎶

Mikey_1875
22-02-2022, 04:13 PM
That was George Craig's title (https://www.facebook.com/HibernianFootballClubOfficial/posts/-our-head-of-football-operations-george-craig-completed-his-last-day-at-htc-on-m/2553155908116788/)when he left in 2019. Perhaps Ron has realised that LD was correct

It’s a bit odd I think the title of this vacancy is strange. Reading the job description I just can’t see it being the same job that George Craig carried out under that title. Maybe it’s just the admin aspects of his job and not the football performance side?

Don’t know for certain but I would have guessed Craig would have been on a reasonable amount more than 35K as well.

Billy Whizz
22-02-2022, 04:14 PM
We currently have a Football Operations Manager, Finlay Stark. Good lad and highly rated, wonder if he’s moving on?

Bostonhibby
22-02-2022, 04:14 PM
Don't think the salary will be enough to tempt him away from St Johnstone TBF.

:duck:[emoji23][emoji23]

I was thinking of "Our Daniel" sitting in his branch office.....

Iggy Pope
22-02-2022, 04:17 PM
I can book hotels all day without knowing a good young defensive midfielder or a Christmas tree formation from my arse if I’m honest.

Mike Berry
22-02-2022, 04:22 PM
Are we talking wetherspoons here?[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-A750FN using TapatalkSafari Lounge. I'm middle class, me!

Allant1981
22-02-2022, 04:24 PM
We currently have a Football Operations Manager, Finlay Stark. Good lad and highly rated, wonder if he’s moving on?

The CVs have to be sent to him

The 90+2
22-02-2022, 04:26 PM
I've applied. I'll not forget everyone on here when they give me the job :agree:

Bostonhibby
22-02-2022, 04:42 PM
Safari Lounge. I'm middle class, me!

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk[emoji23][emoji106]

Sir David Gray
22-02-2022, 04:48 PM
Having just read the job description it seems an incredibly low salary for the kind of responsibilities that the post entails.

No doubt a good job for someone though.

Billy Whizz
22-02-2022, 04:58 PM
The CVs have to be sent to him

I’d guess he does most of these duties currently

Lendo
22-02-2022, 05:36 PM
Having just read the job description it seems an incredibly low salary for the kind of responsibilities that the post entails.

I’m gobsmacked at the salary we are offering for what seems like a key role at the club. Maybe something that should be brought up at the AGM?

“To deliver the administration of Player signings, Temporary and Permanent Transfers and Player Contracts.”

So any potential **** up by this person on Deadline Day and it could potentially cost us a signing of the admin isn’t doesn’t correctly.

According to a Google search the average salary in the UK for a “Head of Operations” is around £65k pa.

Hibiza
22-02-2022, 05:39 PM
Maybe the football dudes trying to put together a 5 a side team.

MWHIBBIES
22-02-2022, 05:41 PM

Hibs have, for a wee while now, been paying well under the going rate for all kinds of non-playing positions. It is not a good way to build up a successful, motivated staff IMO.

Lendo
22-02-2022, 05:43 PM
I’m gobsmacked at the salary we are offering for what seems like a key role at the club. Maybe something that should be brought up at the AGM?

“To deliver the administration of Player signings, Temporary and Permanent Transfers and Player Contracts.”

So any potential **** up by this person on Deadline Day and it could potentially cost us a signing of the admin isn’t doesn’t correctly.

According to a Google search the average salary in the UK for a “Head of Operations” is around £65k pa.

Caveat that by saying the average in Scotland is £50k pa.

Diclonius
22-02-2022, 05:44 PM
Does Gordon have another child? :dunno:

Sir David Gray
22-02-2022, 05:45 PM

Between £50-60k p/a is the kind of salary I would expect that type of post to attract.

The 90+2
22-02-2022, 05:48 PM

Is that Celtic and Rangers paying a lot more than the rest and then Budge paying her pal?

The 90+2
22-02-2022, 05:51 PM
Between £50-60k p/a is the kind of salary I would expect that type of post to attract.

Find out who's doing a good job for a club in our area and offer more money instead of advertising.

Allant1981
22-02-2022, 05:52 PM
QPR advertised for an academy operations manager and was the same salary as this role, as i say it will be good for someone but not an experienced person

greenginger
22-02-2022, 06:17 PM
How the hell did we ever manage to put 11 players on the pitch in the old days ( I’m talking 70’s here )

The tornadoes had Eddie Turnbull manager, John Fraser coach, Tom McNiven physio , and Cecil Graham Club secretary. :confused:

J-C
22-02-2022, 06:24 PM

This was the position George Craig had when he was here.

Hibernian: Head of football operations George Craig to retire at end of year - BBC Sport (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49859101)

jacomo
22-02-2022, 06:25 PM
How the hell did we ever manage to put 11 players on the pitch in the old days ( I’m talking 70’s here )

The tornadoes had Eddie Turnbull manager, John Fraser coach, Tom McNiven physio , and Cecil Graham Club secretary. :confused:

Runs on Gullane sands, half time oranges and a fish supper on the way back from an away game.

We should just go back to that model, these 21st century so-called football experts don’t know they’re born!

Nakedmanoncrack
22-02-2022, 06:53 PM
Looks a derisory salary for an important role, I have to say.

CapitalGreen
22-02-2022, 07:21 PM

Finlay Stark’s title has been Head of Football Operations since November, looks like he may be moving on.

Billy Whizz
22-02-2022, 07:34 PM
Finlay Stark’s title has been Head of Football Operations since November, looks like he may be moving on.

Not on our club directory it’s not, says Football Operations Manager

Shame if he’s moving on, good lad who’s moved up through the ranks, we seem to always lose good people

LaMotta
22-02-2022, 07:40 PM
Looks a derisory salary for an important role, I have to say.

:agree: Hibs did the same for the Head of Comms role last year.

CapitalGreen
22-02-2022, 07:42 PM
Not on our club directory it’s not, says Football Operations Manager

Shame if he’s moving on, good lad who’s moved up through the ranks, we seem to always lose good people

I think that needs updating, as per his LinkedIn he is Head of Football Operations - https://www.linkedin.com/in/finlay-stark-08356596?originalSubdomain=uk

Billy Whizz
22-02-2022, 07:51 PM
I think that needs updating, as per his LinkedIn he is Head of Football Operations - https://www.linkedin.com/in/finlay-stark-08356596?originalSubdomain=uk

Fair enough, I was only going by his position on the Hibs site

Peanut Shaz
23-02-2022, 01:33 AM
That salary is an insult for the job role. I am in a very average admin officer post with a fair level of responsibility but nothing near the Hibs description. I earn just above their entry point salary, with more holidays. Much as I love Hibs, even if I had the experience required I wouldn't entertain it.

Jones28
23-02-2022, 06:42 AM
Is the job full time? It seems a low salary for any management position.

Sir David Gray
23-02-2022, 06:50 AM
Is the job full time? It seems a low salary for any management position.

Yes 37.5 hours per week.

RIP
23-02-2022, 07:16 AM
Under the ‘Hibernian Way’ model adopted in 2014, Leeann was recruited by and reported to Petrie.

Leeann recruited George Craig as Head of Football Operations. George Craig was responsible for hiring all the football staff up to an including Head Coach Alan Stubbs and Head of Recruitment Graeme Mathie.

Stubbs’s boss was George, George’s boss was Leeann who was led by Rod.

After George left, Mathie stepped up. He recruited Jack Ross.

This new role advert has the Head of Football Operations reporting to Shaun and Ben. Sits further down the pecking order, perhaps at the same level as our 29 year old Head of Recruitment Ian Gordon?

ozwoody
23-02-2022, 08:55 AM
Fair enough, I was only going by his position on the Hibs site

Finlay has said its recruitment for his role as he has got a job down south,seemingly a great opportunity for him

Dashing Bob S
24-02-2022, 11:07 AM
Ridiculous job spec. The director of football at St Andrews Uni is reputedly on 70k with nothing like the level of responsibility.

jacomo
26-02-2022, 06:55 AM
Ridiculous job spec. The director of football at St Andrews Uni is reputedly on 70k with nothing like the level of responsibility.

:agree:

The job spec is wild. This clearly isn’t a director level role but it’s almost being described as such.

Danderhall Hibs
26-02-2022, 09:26 AM
I must be missing something - had another read of the JD and it’s primarily admin - making sure pitches are booked for training, kit available, travel and accommodation, registering contracts etc.

The niche but is knowing the SFA rules about suspensions and eligibility.

Not sure why we’d pay anyone more than £40k and definitely don’t see where the “director level” stuff comes in? Someone who does this for free at Tranent Juniors (for example) would snap your hand off for £35-40k.