PDA

View Full Version : Hibs friendly pub in Berwick upon Tweed?

LancsHibs
21-02-2022, 02:59 PM
If I happen to be in Berwick on Sunday are there any recommendations where to watch the match? Thanks

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-02-2022, 03:02 PM
The Brewers Arms should show it, The Barrels is a good wee pub, not sure if they show football though.

G15 Hibs
21-02-2022, 03:15 PM
Definitely not the Red Lion. You'll be able to tell why from the flags outside.

I was in the Barrels when Scotland were playing the Faroes back in October and there was no football on the telly. Can't even remember if there was a telly or not, actually. Great pub though. I've watched football in the bar in the Castle Hotel before, but that was a few years back and I think its been done up since so not sure if they still show games.

berwickhibee
21-02-2022, 03:41 PM
Best bet, brewers arms

It will be on. 💚💚💚

LancsHibs
21-02-2022, 04:20 PM
Cheers all👍

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-02-2022, 05:29 PM
Definitely not the Red Lion. You'll be able to tell why from the flags outside.

I was in the Barrels when Scotland were playing the Faroes back in October and there was no football on the telly. Can't even remember if there was a telly or not, actually. Great pub though. I've watched football in the bar in the Castle Hotel before, but that was a few years back and I think its been done up since so not sure if they still show games.

I've been in The Red Lion when a Rangers European game was on, the guys were fine. Some of the adornments on the walls, not so much! I maybe wouldn't venture in for this game though. 😀

berwickhibee
21-02-2022, 06:03 PM
I've been in The Red Lion when a Rangers European game was on, the guys were fine. Some of the adornments on the walls, not so much! I maybe wouldn't venture in for this game though. 😀

Just typical brain dead bears, no football knowledge all about the religion.Know most of them.😏

KdyHby
21-02-2022, 09:42 PM
From a Hibs supporting mate in Berwick: Leaping Salmon or Brewers Arms is probably the ones I would say, keep away from Red Lion as it’s a Huns pub both Bhoy’s & Hibees would be made unwelcome

AliboyFC
24-02-2022, 12:51 AM

What was on the walls 😂

Mick O'Rourke
24-02-2022, 07:44 AM
What was on the walls 😂

The Apprentice Boys? :dunno:

Lancs Harp
24-02-2022, 08:25 AM
What was on the walls 😂

If its the pub im thinking of its the Louden Tavern transferred to Berwick!

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-02-2022, 09:51 AM
If its the pub im thinking of its the Louden Tavern transferred to Berwick!

Aye, that pretty much sums it up.

Stuart93
24-02-2022, 10:03 AM
Was in the free trade inn a couple weeks ago.

Not a clue if it’ll have the football on but I’m very good on karaoke

berwickhibee
24-02-2022, 12:12 PM
Was in the free trade inn a couple weeks ago.

Not a clue if it’ll have the football on but I’m very good on karaoke

Did you leave your loose change in the big urinal😁

LancsHibs
24-02-2022, 02:11 PM
Aye, that pretty much sums it up.

Did a Google search and looked at the images of the interior. It seems to have taken the whole hun thing to another level! Surprised to see this in Berwick, more expected in one of those ‘no green towns’ in Lanarkshire or Ayrshire

Stuart93
24-02-2022, 09:21 PM
Did you leave your loose change in the big urinal😁

It was a blast from the past that’s for sure

Needed all my spare change cause it was cash only at the bar 🤣

berwickhibee
24-02-2022, 09:26 PM
Did a Google search and looked at the images of the interior. It seems to have taken the whole hun thing to another level! Surprised to see this in Berwick, more expected in one of those ‘no green towns’ in Lanarkshire or Ayrshire
The owner is a Jambo but his wife and family are Huns, not local thankfully😁

Not many normal locals go in, only the newco uneducated.