PDA

View Full Version : Phil Foden incident

Tambo
21-02-2022, 07:12 AM
Just seen the footage and what a prick that guy was who punched Phil's mum.

No idea the full story but looks like a group of guys was having a go at Phil and his family which his mum didn't take to kind of, and then some guy punches her.

Stubbsy90+2
21-02-2022, 07:23 AM

No idea the full story but looks like a group of guys was having a go at Phil and his family which his mum didn't take to kind of, and then some guy punches her.

Not that I’m condoning it but I think you’ve missed out a fairly vital piece of information in that his mum physically assaulted one of the guys first.

Still a horrible video but she’s in the wrong as well.

easty
21-02-2022, 07:23 AM
The guy was clearly out of order, but it was Fodens mum who was the one who started getting physical. They were calling her son a ****, which he’ll get week in week out, not nice, but they could easily have ignored them and shut the door, and that would’ve been the end of it.

Mum storms out the room, almost pushes the boy off his feet, then it kicks off.

hibby rae
21-02-2022, 07:39 AM
The guy was clearly out of order, but it was Fodens mum who was the one who started getting physical. They were calling her son a ****, which he’ll get week in week out, not nice, but they could easily have ignored them and shut the door, and that would’ve been the end of it.

Would you find it easy to ignore folk that were calling your son a ****? Whether people have shouted it at them from the stands before or not?

Mick O'Rourke
21-02-2022, 07:40 AM
Drunk spectators involved in fight at boxing event.

That's a big deal ?

C'mon the Hibs !! :casper:

easty
21-02-2022, 07:45 AM
Would you find it easy to ignore folk that were calling your son a ****? Whether people have shouted it at them from the stands before or not?

No I’d not find it easy. I’d almost certainly react, but I can be a bit of a ****, and afterwards I’d know fine well that I escalated it, and I’d wish I’d just shut the door.

I’d be surprised if footballers at top sides aren’t given advice to walk away. That’s what Foden did. His mum should’ve done the same, and then this would’ve been a nothing incident.

Tambo
21-02-2022, 07:49 AM
Not that I’m condoning it but I think you’ve missed out a fairly vital piece of information in that his mum physically assaulted one of the guys first.

I only seen a clip of the guy swinging the punch and like I said wasn't sure of the full story but thanks for the full story.

Mum sounds like she was a bit of an idiot also but still no need for the swinging punch from the guy.

LunasBoots
21-02-2022, 08:06 AM
Looked like a scene out of shameless....

chrisski33
21-02-2022, 08:08 AM

Tbh both is wrong but as a parent and like others id find it hard not to lash out if one of my kids wqs getting abuse like he was getting. Surely he should be able to go watch a boxing match without getting abuse? Just the same as being on the pitch theres no need for abuse.

Moulin Yarns
21-02-2022, 08:13 AM
Am I right in thinking that this was backstage? If so not a random guy but presumably someone connected to the 'stars'.

McGruber
21-02-2022, 08:19 AM
The mum shouldn't have started it but swinging a haymaker at her was over the top. Both in the wrong but swinging for a woman like that is low.
Swinging what looked like a fire extinguisher at the back of someones head needless to say could have given that incident a very different outcome. Crazy

bingo70
21-02-2022, 08:22 AM
I only seen a clip of the guy swinging the punch and like I said wasn't sure of the full story but thanks for the full story.

Mum sounds like she was a bit of an idiot also but still no need for the swinging punch from the guy.

I don’t think the mum was an idiot at all.

Group of guys were trying to follow her son into a private room (hospitality maybe?) to have abuse her son and weren’t leaving when told to. They were acting in a really threatening way and I think most mums would do all they can to defend their kid at that point, especially knowing the implications it could have on her son if he reacted to it or they got to him.

Anybody abusing a footballer on a night out and acting the way they did are the ********s, same applies if it’s a Hibs fan abusing a Hearts player or the other way around.

Hibby70
21-02-2022, 08:29 AM
To be fair I think she landed more punches than Khan.

Last time I got in any bother was at a bloody Bryan Adams gig where some Hibs "fans" were abusing Calum Eliott. Guy was just having a night out with his girlfriend and subjected to nasty abuse - they then moved onto me before a few others got involved. Total pricks.

easty
21-02-2022, 08:31 AM

Group of guys were trying to follow her son into a private room (hospitality maybe?) to have abuse her son and weren’t leaving when told to. They were acting in a really threatening way and I think most mums would do all they can to defend their kid at that point, especially knowing the implications it could have on her son if he reacted to it or they got to him.

I don’t agree with any of that.

She did like an idiot, theres nothing that suggests the group of guys were following him. They could just as easily been going the same way to begin with. At no point did they ever attempt to get in the room, or attack him physically. They were calling him names. The mum escalated it.

LaMotta
21-02-2022, 09:40 AM

Anybody abusing a footballer on a night out and acting the way they did are the ********s, same applies if it’s a Hibs fan abusing a Hearts player or the other way around.

Agreed:agree:

Mick O'Rourke
21-02-2022, 11:01 AM
And the winner is... the guy who filmed it all and sold it to that scabby redtop.

Grass !!

May21/05/16
21-02-2022, 11:06 AM
I don't care who started hitting who first but I'm a old man I would never hit a woman

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Sioux
21-02-2022, 11:12 AM
I don’t agree with any of that.

She did like an idiot, theres nothing that suggests the group of guys were following him. They could just as easily been going the same way to begin with. At no point did they ever attempt to get in the room, or attack him physically. They were calling him names. The mum escalated it.

Defending the indefensible. Pathetic.

Stubbsy90+2
21-02-2022, 11:15 AM

I’m not sure the guys were following him and trying to get into the room from what I seen.

It really just looked like they were in the same vicinity as him and were calling him a ****. The guys are obviously absolute ********s but Foden was happy enough to just go into the room and that be the end of it. His mum really should have done the same rather than going out and starting a physical altercation.

At that point, rightly or wrongly, it’ll be all bets are off for some people and they’ll go into self defence mode. As such, you might end up getting lamped.

Stubbsy90+2
21-02-2022, 11:16 AM

Physically assaulting someone like Fodens mum done is also indefensible yet there’s plenty of that on this thread.

Nobody comes out of this with any credit other than Foden and his girlfriend. Everyone else has acted deplorably.

Sioux
21-02-2022, 11:20 AM
Physically assaulting someone like Fodens mum done is also indefensible yet there’s plenty of that on this thread.

Nobody comes out of this with any credit other than Foden and his girlfriend. Everyone else has acted deplorably.

She pushed him and he fell over. If the guy, a big guy by the looks of it, had landed his punch, the outcome might well have been different. The guy's is a coward.

Nakedmanoncrack
21-02-2022, 11:35 AM
To be fair I think she landed more punches than Khan.

Last time I got in any bother was at a bloody Bryan Adams gig where some Hibs "fans" were abusing Calum Eliott. Guy was just having a night out with his girlfriend and subjected to nasty abuse - they then moved onto me before a few others got involved. Total pricks.

Probably not the worst experience of the night though...

Big_Franck
21-02-2022, 11:36 AM
She pushed him and he fell over. If the guy, a big guy by the looks of it, had landed his punch, the outcome might well have been different. The guy's is a coward.

True. I don't think anyone is defending the guy though, he's clearly an ********. Saying that the mum is also culpable here isn't a defence of the ******** that then punched her. They both acted like ****ing idiots, regardless of their genitals.

The 90+2
21-02-2022, 11:41 AM
What a bunch of bullies. How would they feel out with your mum and other half and a group of ***** started on them? Let's harass a famous lad, bully him and his family and record it, ruining their night that they have probably paid a good sum of money for just for a laugh?

Greencore
21-02-2022, 11:41 AM

Saw the video and his mum hit the guy first.

Crab apple
21-02-2022, 11:58 AM
In the video I’ve seen no one apart from Foden himself comes out with any credit. The guy with the fire extinguisher is a coward and could have done some real damage had it properly connected with the back of that guy’s head.

Stubbsy90+2
21-02-2022, 12:12 PM

The outcome could have been so much different from her pushing him. Assaulting someone as she did is also a coward move. If he’d fell and hit his head who knows what the outcome could have been. The place will be brick walls and concrete floors.

A sorry state of affairs all round really.

Since452
21-02-2022, 12:36 PM
Decent set of Amir Khans :greengrin

easty
21-02-2022, 01:10 PM

Jump down from your high horse for a wee minute, and tell me where I defended anyone. Clueless.

Viva_Palmeiras
21-02-2022, 01:19 PM
And the winner is... the guy who filmed it all and sold it to that scabby redtop.

Grass !!

“Grass” - What is this like a day in the life of the Krays :) I know it was a throw away comment but I’ve always thought that mentality (a wall of silence) facilitated a bunch of bams starting from school…

Hibby70
21-02-2022, 01:40 PM
Probably not the worst experience of the night though...

You're not wrong. The things you do for love/getting your leg over

Rumble de Thump
21-02-2022, 02:08 PM
If I was harassing and abusing a stranger I'd expect to get more than a little shove. Did the guys think they could behave that way with no repercussions just because he's famous? And punching a woman in the face because she reacted to the abuse of her son....it really is weird and cowardly behaviour.

Mick O'Rourke
21-02-2022, 03:27 PM
“Grass” - What is this like a day in the life of the Krays :) I know it was a throw away comment but I’ve always thought thwith the group asnd is filmi ng at mentality (a wall of silence) facilitated a bunch of bams starting from school…
A bit of Lee Wallace i suppose

The Krays were cowards and grasses

back on topic
But certainly it appears the "film director" is with the group and filming events.
Was it possible an event, not filmed, happened a few minutes earlier.
Drunken nonsense,i say.
Seen it every hogmanay in ma street growing up.
Best fight i saw was two women toe to toe outside Portsburgh Square.
Classic bout !
Had camera phones been around then,it would have been nominated for awards.
Technology changes but human nature stays the same
Drunks cant control actions in some situations.
Others use such situations to be bullies and indulge in cowardly acts.

Cropley10
21-02-2022, 04:16 PM

'Physical assault' in England is either Assault occasioning actual bodily harm which 'for this offence, the assault (which can be intentional or reckless as above) must have caused some physical harm to the victim. It does not need to be serious or permanent but must be more than trifling or transient. Some psychiatric harm can also be covered by this offence, but must be more than just fear or anxiety.

Or, Common Assault where a "person is guilty of common assault if they either inflict violence on another person. This does not however, mean that the victim was actually ‘beaten up’ or even hit or kicked – it could be that they were pushed, grabbed or spat at."

You might argue that the woman pushed him in self defence as she felt threatened. I'm not a lawyer, perhaps you are - but the word 'allegedly' might come between 'mum' and 'physically'.

21-02-2022, 07:25 PM
'Physical assault' in England is either Assault occasioning actual bodily harm which 'for this offence, the assault (which can be intentional or reckless as above) must have caused some physical harm to the victim. It does not need to be serious or permanent but must be more than trifling or transient. Some psychiatric harm can also be covered by this offence, but must be more than just fear or anxiety.

Or, Common Assault where a "person is guilty of common assault if they either inflict violence on another person. This does not however, mean that the victim was actually ‘beaten up’ or even hit or kicked – it could be that they were pushed, grabbed or spat at."

You might argue that the woman pushed him in self defence as she felt threatened. I'm not a lawyer, perhaps you are - but the word 'allegedly' might come between 'mum' and 'physically'.

On those definitions it seems more like a common assault and based just on the video it would be hard to argue it was self defence as she felt threatened because she came out the room (when she could easily have stayed in it), confronted them and took a swing at 3 of them. We don't know if any incident preceded it but it looks like people on both sides were in the wrong.

Dashing Bob S
21-02-2022, 09:13 PM
She Foden when he punched her?

oxymoron
22-02-2022, 02:53 PM
Looked like a scene out of shameless....
:thumbsup:It did.