PDA

View Full Version : Stadium Announcer

Irish_Steve
20-02-2022, 11:07 AM
I know Barrie was off yesterday but who was the stadium announcer?

His voice sounded familiar but I couldn't place it when I was at the ground

Diclonius
20-02-2022, 11:08 AM
Scott Wilson.

bigwheel
20-02-2022, 11:10 AM
I know Barrie was off yesterday but who was the stadium announcer?

His voice sounded familiar but I couldn't place it when I was at the ground

It was Alan Edwards , from radio Clyde/ radio forth….

https://twitter.com/barriestweeting/status/1494987248747565058?s=21

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Irish_Steve
20-02-2022, 11:32 AM
It was Alan Edwards , from radio Clyde/ radio forth….

https://twitter.com/barriestweeting/status/1494987248747565058?s=21

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, I listen to neither of those so I wonder who I was thinking of lol

Allant1981
20-02-2022, 11:33 AM
At least he got JDH name right at the second goal, called him jack the 1st time, actually thought he was ok

SChibs
20-02-2022, 11:53 AM
Did anyone notice the pre game music was a lot quieter yesterday? Maybe a bit too quiet but at least the club appear to be taking the fans comments on board

Keith_M
20-02-2022, 12:30 PM
Did anyone notice the pre game music was a lot quieter yesterday? Maybe a bit too quiet but at least the club appear to be taking the fans comments on board

Never occurred to me at the time but you're right, it was.

I'm also glad, as it was getting a bit too much.

dp00
20-02-2022, 01:24 PM
The announcer was quite loud to start with but they sorted that out in 10/15mins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nakedmanoncrack
20-02-2022, 10:00 PM
Not the announcers fault, but the inability to spell an established Premiership team’s name on the screen at FT was rather pathetic to this pedant.

Allant1981
21-02-2022, 01:37 PM
Not the announcers fault, but the inability to spell an established Premiership team’s name on the screen at FT was rather pathetic to this pedant.

Livingstone!

Hibby70
21-02-2022, 01:41 PM

They keep playing Dignity. It can't be quiet enough for me.
I'd rather be subjected to that SAS white noise test.

Onceinawhile
21-02-2022, 01:46 PM

Pointed that out at half time as well! Ridiculous.

Onion
21-02-2022, 01:57 PM

But draw a line at Barry Manilow ? :greengrin

Hibiza
21-02-2022, 04:53 PM

😂😂😂

brianmc
21-02-2022, 05:07 PM
Livingstone!

That's almost as annoying as posters on here calling them Livvi or Livvie.

linlithgowhibbie
21-02-2022, 05:11 PM
That's almost as annoying as posters on here calling them Livvi or Livvie.

True, it is Livvy!

brianmc
21-02-2022, 05:20 PM
True, it is Livvy!

Haha

Nicho87
21-02-2022, 05:26 PM
Wait until Nesbit signs for them

dp00
21-02-2022, 05:37 PM

Pointed this out too … the screens have been a bit of a damp squid I think, haven’t done anything with them really since the first game.

Mikey_1875
21-02-2022, 05:44 PM
Pointed this out too … the screens have been a bit of a damp squid I think, haven’t done anything with them really since the first game.

Think they have proved a decent addition but I wasn’t expecting anything amazing from them to begin with as they are just big TVs really. We did have the Rangers beam back and there are always plenty of adverts during the game etc which is all money coming in to the club.

Was great seeing a replay of JDHs goals at the game as well!

bigwheel

Was good to see the goal replays though …liked that …

Iggy Pope

Agree to an extent although it’s probably a damp squib as all squids are damp, but the adverts and sponsor news do seem to be expanding and that was probably the goal.
Wish they’d dig out more footage though. One look at Twitter tells you it’s out there.
Shame they let the passing of Billy McEwan go by unmarked as well. Not the first time in the past few years we’ve failed in that respect, big screens or not.

hibbyfraelibby
21-02-2022, 05:48 PM

...because it wasnt boom box Barry blasting your eardrums to bits😉

Since452
21-02-2022, 05:54 PM
Scott Wilson.

Did he announce another sell out?

tonyrougier123
05-03-2023, 03:49 PM
Not sure if it’s been mentioned already,Wednesday will quite an emotive night for the club/fans/Gordon’s. A nice loud and proud rendition of sunshine on leith should be blaring around three stands for a multitude of reasons. Thought I’d mention on this thread,although I’m very sure Barry will have this covered no doubt.
I think it would be fitting before kick off after the minutes applause/silence,will also drown out the away stand.

Hibby70
05-03-2023, 04:22 PM
After listening to the Livvy announcer yesterday I'm glad we've got Barrie.

It was like listening to Rev. I M Jolly at times. Not helped by the fact I was in the ground at 2pm.

Libby Hibby
05-03-2023, 04:28 PM
After listening to the Livvy announcer yesterday I'm glad we've got Barrie.

It was like listening to Rev. I M Jolly at times. Not helped by the fact I was in the ground at 2pm.

I thought he was great, his words prior to the minutes silence really hit the spot and were very sincere.

Green Man
05-03-2023, 04:30 PM
I thought he was great, his words prior to the minutes silence really hit the spot and were very sincere.

I agree, it was a very nice tribute to Ron.

05-03-2023, 05:16 PM

I agree.

Kudos to the Livi fans too who observed the minute's silence impeccably.

Pretty Boy
05-03-2023, 05:25 PM
Sadly I've lived through a time when many Hibs legends have passed away and I can't ever recall a reaction like the last week or so from either fans or club. Not a criticism by any means, just an observation.

I don't think we have to worry about the club not marking things properly on Wednesday.

Mick O'Rourke
05-03-2023, 05:49 PM
Sadly I've lived through a time when many Hibs legends have passed away and I can't ever recall a reaction like the last week or so from either fans or club. Not a criticism by any means, just an observation.

I don't think we have to worry about the club not marking things properly on Wednesday.
PB
I made the same observation and it had me thinking had something that had such an affect happened before at the Holy Ground.
It may have done when Willie McCartney died.
Willie managed Hibs for around 12 years and died of a heart attack a few hours after a game in 1948.
He was 60 years of age.
Trainer Hugh Shaw took the reins and we went on to win the league that year .
Maybe this team can strive to win a trophy next season .