PDA

View Full Version : Allan

dp00
19-02-2022, 08:27 PM
Is he injured ? Or just completely out of the picture guessing he will be Gina at the end of the season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keith_M
19-02-2022, 08:30 PM
Is he injured ? Or just completely out of the picture guessing he will be Gina at the end of the season

Maybe the upcoming sex change operation is playing on his mind

Sir David Gray
19-02-2022, 08:33 PM

:faf:

wookie70
19-02-2022, 08:47 PM
I'm nowhere near as big a fan of Scottie as most but I'd play him in front of Henderson.

Bridge hibs
19-02-2022, 08:50 PM
I'm nowhere near as big a fan of Scottie as most but I'd play him in front of Henderson.
Why ?

hibee1875
19-02-2022, 08:52 PM

Have you watched either of their recent performances?

Silky
19-02-2022, 08:56 PM

He was excellent on Ru Paul's Drag Race to be fair.

wookie70
19-02-2022, 09:05 PM

Yes, Henderson looked good in the second half against Arbroath. Other than that, and a few good set pieces, he is similar to Allan imo with less end product. Doesn't work that hard, gives the ball away far too much with slack passes and too easily brushed off the ball. Early days though and Henderson may improve. He is certainly getting into some good positions but his finishing has been very poor so far too. Allan had a few good appearances earlier in the season but looked poor in some of the small cameos he has had since. Maggenis, if fit, would be a far better option than both but that may never work out due to his injury issues. It is an important position in our team as we get nowhere near enough men in the box and midfielders scoring.

hibee1875
19-02-2022, 09:09 PM
Yes, Henderson looked good in the second half against Arbroath. Other than that, and a few good set pieces, he is similar to Allan imo with less end product. Doesn't work that hard, gives the ball away far too much with slack passes and too easily brushed off the ball. Early days though and Henderson may improve. He is certainly getting into some good positions but his finishing has been very poor so far too. Allan had a few good appearances earlier in the season but looked poor in some of the small cameos he has had since. Maggenis, if fit, would be a far better option than both but that may never work out due to his injury issues. It is an important position in our team as we get nowhere near enough men in the box and midfielders scoring.

I think Henderson has had a decent start to his Hibs career, clearly a cultured footballer and can only get better with more games in his legs.

Allan, apart from the game away to Utd had not put in a performance that has merited starting any game. He’s undoubtedly talented, but too much of a passenger, he goes missing for huge parts of games. First time round he played alongside Robertson and Craig who did all his running, second time McGinn. This Hibs midfield can’t allow for a luxury player like Allan atm.

wookie70
19-02-2022, 09:13 PM
I think Henderson has had a decent start to his Hibs career, clearly a cultured footballer and can only get better with more games in his legs.

Allan, apart from the game away to Utd had not put in a performance that has merited starting any game. He’s undoubtedly talented, but too much of a passenger, he goes missing for huge parts of games. First time round he played alongside Robertson and Craig who did all his running, second time McGinn. This Hibs midfield can’t allow for a luxury player like Allan atm.

I actually agree with all of that. My point is that I see Henderson as a very similar player to Allan, but less likely to score or play a killer pass. Very early though and he may well have lots of improving to come

hibee1875
19-02-2022, 09:15 PM
I actually agree with all of that. My point is that I see Henderson as a very similar player to Allan, but less likely to score or play a killer pass. Very early though and he may well have lots of improving to come

The number 1 reason Henderson starts ahead of him is he’s a harder worker.

ancient hibee
19-02-2022, 09:35 PM

In the period you describe Allan was in excellent goal scoring and chance setting up form. I suppose only a Hibs supporter would describe someone like that a luxury player.

hibee1875
19-02-2022, 09:49 PM
In the period you describe Allan was in excellent goal scoring and chance setting up form. I suppose only a Hibs supporter would describe someone like that a luxury player.

He is a luxury player

Ronniekirk
19-02-2022, 10:31 PM
Did he not have options in the transfer window but Maloney wanted to keep him saying he would get played in some games
Since then he has hardly played
Not sure if he fancied any of the options on the table but it’s clear now he won’t get much game time

wookie70
19-02-2022, 10:33 PM
The number 1 reason Henderson starts ahead of him is he’s a harder worker.I think that may be the case but I'm not seeing it so far.

overdrive
19-02-2022, 10:36 PM
I’m nowhere near as big a fan of Henderson as most on here but he did have an excellent second half today. I think Allan’s best days are behind him.

JamesHFC
19-02-2022, 10:58 PM
Hendo’s definitely stepped up the last couple of games. As players improve and we get more positive results, I’m really excited about next season after a good pre season under our belts and a few more signings in the summer. Hopefully some European football under the lights 🤞🏻

Onceinawhile
19-02-2022, 11:02 PM
Hendo just needs to stop kicking the ball straight at the keeper.

Stevie Reid
19-02-2022, 11:06 PM
I think Henderson has been one of the most encouraging parts of the last few weeks, which have been mostly disappointing.

I think he finds good pockets of space and isn’t afraid to take risks with a pass or quick touch to try and open things up for us (much like Allan, in that regard).

Of course not everything has come off for him, but given his lack of game time in his career so far, I’m very pleased with his contribution.

Only real disappointment so far has been his finishing when presented with gilt edged chances, that’s a few he’s missed now, and with the wrong type of finish each time, I think.

Regardless, I think in terms of creative spark, I think he and Jasper look like they’ll be key players for us.

brianmc
19-02-2022, 11:26 PM
He is a luxury player

What, in your opinion, defines a luxury player?

hibsbollah
19-02-2022, 11:27 PM

:faf:

Hibbyradge
19-02-2022, 11:53 PM

Gina, Gina, I kissed you once and then
I felt so wonderful, so very wonderful
Let's do it over again

Gina (Gina), Gina (Gina), I can't remember when
I've ever felt a kiss that made me feel like this
Let's do it over again
Look at you, oh, look at you
So warm, so sweet, so shy
Look at me, oh, look at me
I can't believe that I'm such a lucky guy

To have Gina, Gina all for my very own
It's much too wonderful, so very wonderful
To know that Gina is mine alone
Oh, look at you, oh, look at you
So warm, so sweet, so shy
Look at me, oh, look at me
I can't believe that I'm such a lucky guy

To have Gina (Gina), Gina (Gina) all for my very own
It's much too wonderful, so very wonderful
To know that Gina is mine (Gina is mine)
Gina is mine alone

KeithWright9
20-02-2022, 07:53 AM
I’ve heard that he will be leaving the club, on loan, in the coming days and will end his Hibs contract in the summer.

hibee1875
20-02-2022, 07:57 AM
What, in your opinion, defines a luxury player?

For a player who plays in that central position, a luxury player in my eyes is one who is in there purely to create chances and it doesn’t matter if they track back, make tackles, do running for other players.

If you compare Allan to someone like Bernardo Silva their work rate is night and day apart.

Heisenberg
20-02-2022, 07:59 AM
I’ve heard that he will be leaving the club, on loan, in the coming days and will end his Hibs contract in the summer.

Kilmarnock? Although not sure they’d be allowed another loan from us.

EdinMike
20-02-2022, 07:59 AM

Pretty sure you can’t loan a player outside the transfer window.

J-C
20-02-2022, 08:04 AM
Pretty sure you can’t loan a player outside the transfer window.

I think you can to a lower league.

EdinMike
20-02-2022, 08:07 AM
I think you can to a lower league.

You’re right I had to double check, it’s extended until February and September for the summer window.

HibbyAndy
20-02-2022, 08:07 AM

:hilarious:hilarious:hilarious

:top marks:greengrin

McSwanky
20-02-2022, 08:37 AM
Maybe the upcoming sex change operation is playing on his mindOoh ahh just little bit?

FilipinoHibs
20-02-2022, 10:24 AM
He is a luxury player

Some say that about Pele😀

Pagan Hibernia
20-02-2022, 11:25 AM
He is a luxury player

whats life without a wee bit of luxury. It doesn’t always have to be blood toil and sweat and he’s the kind of player I enjoy paying to watch. An off the cuff back heel here, a sumptuous reverse ball there. Oh and he can change games. He has many times.

Just a pity successive Hibs managers now clearly don’t rate him as highly as me and many other supporters do.

LaMotta
20-02-2022, 11:47 AM

:agree::agree:

keep the faith
20-02-2022, 06:26 PM
Something is definitely up here. You don't go from being our (i assume) top earner and inconsistent match winner to no games whatsoever.
I have to accept that scotty won't be here next season and while gutted about that i simply can't understand understand why he has been completely frozen out and never considered to come on in games recently with acres of space and tired legs (cove) or when we were showing no creative edge at all (most games until arbroath).
I get we will be planning for life without Allan, but does that mean we are planning for a future with james scott and Drey Wright? We even played Murphy when he was sorting out a loan move! It makes no sense.
I can only guess there has been an internal issue. Have we tried to move him on and he has sat tight? Has there been a fall out? Either way, lets at least use Allan as a sub Hibs. Getting him on the park really lifts the team and the support and it's such a waste not to do that.

truehibernian
20-02-2022, 06:34 PM
It is a surprise he's not had more minutes, but can only think that Scott's medical condition is dictating things and perhaps he is offering a lot more behind the scenes (certainly was under Jack Ross). The pace of the game is frenetic up here and getting a 90 minutes from him would be impossible.

Last 20 in a game that is 0-0, such as the recent derby - there's only one man I'd want in that midfield when chasing a winner though :aok:

LaMotta
20-02-2022, 07:14 PM
Something is definitely up here. You don't go from being our (i assume) top earner and inconsistent match winner to no games whatsoever.
I have to accept that scotty won't be here next season and while gutted about that i simply can't understand understand why he has been completely frozen out and never considered to come on in games recently with acres of space and tired legs (cove) or when we were showing no creative edge at all (most games until arbroath).
I get we will be planning for life without Allan, but does that mean we are planning for a future with james scott and Drey Wright? We even played Murphy when he was sorting out a loan move! It makes no sense.
I can only guess there has been an internal issue. Have we tried to move him on and he has sat tight? Has there been a fall out? Either way, lets at least use Allan as a sub Hibs. Getting him on the park really lifts the team and the support and it's such a waste not to do that.

It is a surprise he's not had more minutes, but can only think that Scott's medical condition is dictating things and perhaps he is offering a lot more behind the scenes (certainly was under Jack Ross). The pace of the game is frenetic up here and getting a 90 minutes from him would be impossible.

Last 20 in a game that is 0-0, such as the recent derby - there's only one man I'd want in that midfield when chasing a winner though :aok:

Scott Allan showed more in 15 minutes at Perth than James Scott and Drey Wright have in 600 minutes between them this season. I'll never understand it.

SMAXXA
20-02-2022, 08:39 PM
Scott Allan showed more in 15 minutes at Perth than James Scott and Drey Wright have in 600 minutes between them this season. I'll never understand it.

Yet Jack Ross, David Gray and Shaun Malloney all agree he doesn’t make our stating 11 or close

LaMotta
20-02-2022, 08:55 PM
Yet Jack Ross, David Gray and Shaun Malloney all agree he doesn’t make our stating 11 or close

Jack Ross regularly brought Allan off the bench and also started him occasionally, to good effect a number of times. Jack Ross also punted James Scott from the first team squad after a couple of brutal games. Ross favoured Allan over both Wright and Scott.

SMAXXA
20-02-2022, 09:07 PM
Jack Ross regularly brought Allan off the bench and also started him occasionally, to good effect a number of times. Jack Ross also punted James Scott from the first team squad after a couple of brutal games. Ross favoured Allan over both Wright and Scott.

It’s not a comparison to Scott my point is 4 managers didn’t pick him for our starting 11 which must tell it’s own story.

LaMotta
20-02-2022, 09:14 PM
It’s not a comparison to Scott my point is 4 managers didn’t pick him for our starting 11 which must tell it’s own story.

But the whole point of my original post was comparing 15 minutes of Scott Allan with 600 minutes of James Scott and Drey Wright. I never said Allan should start every week, that's a different matter.

SMAXXA
20-02-2022, 09:18 PM
But the whole point of my original post was comparing 15 minutes of Scott Allan with 600 minutes of James Scott and Drey Wright. I never said Allan should start every week, that's a different matter.

Which is a pointless comparison as we all know who’s the better player. It’s getting to the route of the decision and why that’s the case is what is important and as I say last 3 managers didn’t think SA is worthy of a start.

lord bunberry
20-02-2022, 09:22 PM
Dinosaur.

LaMotta
20-02-2022, 09:28 PM
Which is a pointless comparison as we all know who’s the better player. It’s getting to the route of the decision and why that’s the case is what is important and as I say last 3 managers didn’t think SA is worthy of a start.

It's not a pointless comparison, it's completely relevant because Maloney is deeming Scott and Wright worthy of more minutes on the pitch than Allan, despite the fact Allan has this season produced far more quality than either of them put together. The Scott Allan is finished chat is nonsense - he still has more to offer than than others at the club who are getting a chance ahead of him.

Also the claim that the last 3/4 managers didn't start him is nonsense. In 2019/20, with both Heckingbottom and Ross in charge, Scott Allan started the second most amount of league games in the squad, with 28 starts. Only Hanlon started more games.:cb

https://www.worldfootball.net/team_performance/hibernian-fc/sco-premiership-2019-2020/

SMAXXA
20-02-2022, 09:46 PM
It's not a pointless comparison, it's completely relevant because Maloney is deeming Scott and Wright worthy of more minutes on the pitch than Allan, despite the fact Allan has this season produced far more quality than either of them put together. The Scott Allan is finished chat is nonsense - he still has more to offer than than others at the club who are getting a chance ahead of him.

Also the claim that the last 3/4 managers didn't start him is nonsense. In 2019/20, with both Heckingbottom and Ross in charge, Scott Allan started the second most amount of league games in the squad, with 28 starts. Only Hanlon started more games.:cb

https://www.worldfootball.net/team_performance/hibernian-fc/sco-premiership-2019-2020/

It’s nonsense to say the last 3 managers Ross Gray and Maloney didn’t start him regularly in the last season is it? I disagree.

LaMotta
20-02-2022, 10:05 PM
It’s nonsense to say the last 3 managers Ross Gray and Maloney didn’t start him regularly in the last season is it? I disagree.

You are changing your tune now. You said the last 4 managers didn't start him which isn't true. His lack of starts this season has nothing to do with the point I was making anyway, so we should probably just stop going back and forth about it.