PDA

View Full Version : Quiet

at last 61
19-02-2022, 05:22 PM
However was marking Cook, take a bow son Charles Cook wasn't in the game at all, well done 💚👍💚👍

Mikey_1875
19-02-2022, 05:44 PM
The defence in general was a big positive from today. Apart from getting in behind a couple of times out wide in the first half we reduced County to very little. Stevenson especially is one of the first names on the team sheet at the moment.

Unseen work
19-02-2022, 05:48 PM
I’ve said it quite a lot since Maloney and Caldwell have come in but I think we look a lot more solid defensively.

Rocky did seem a bit lost at times today though and was lucky with a couple of balls in behind.

But like you say RCC and Hungbo are both good players and they got nothing from us.

Allant1981
19-02-2022, 05:49 PM
I’ve said it quite a lot since Maloney and Caldwell have come in but I think we look a lot more solid defensively.

Rocky did seem a bit lost at times today though and was lucky with a couple of balls in behind.

But like you say RCC and Hungbo are both good players and they got nothing from us.

Guy behind me thought this was rockys poorest performance today

LewysGot2
19-02-2022, 05:50 PM
Love it that BBC Scotland gadgies on more than one production were writing us off before a ball was kicked and hyping up the likely impact of RCC.

wookie70
19-02-2022, 06:03 PM
The defence in general was a big positive from today. Apart from getting in behind a couple of times out wide in the first half we reduced County to very little. Stevenson especially is one of the first names on the team sheet at the moment.

I suspect Jack Ross may still be here if Lewis had played every game this season. I agree that the defence were very good today and I think Porteous was excellent. Doig had his best game for a while and Cadden actually defended pretty well too. It will be interesting to see how Rocky progresses because he looks to have a bit to go fitness wise.

Zambernardi1875
19-02-2022, 06:06 PM

Certainly haven’t missed hanlon

Keith_M
19-02-2022, 06:07 PM
Did anybody else presume this thread was about the fans?

😁

Golden Bear
19-02-2022, 06:10 PM

😁

I thought it must be about the absence of the moaners and groaners tonight. Agh, there's still a few around I see.

😄

Onceinawhile
19-02-2022, 06:10 PM
Given they're third top goal scorers in the league, to restrict them to 1 goal in 3 games is some going.

Stubbsy90+2
19-02-2022, 06:15 PM

We’ve definitely tightened up at the back imo. Generally speaking, we give very little away.

Cook was ***** today. Fully expect that he’ll be a flash in the pan this season.

whiskyhibby
19-02-2022, 06:17 PM
Given they're third top goal scorers in the league, to restrict them to 1 goal in 3 games is some going.

ROSS COUNTY could still be playing now and still wouldn’t have a shot on target, they never looked like troubling Macey

Mr. Wonderful
19-02-2022, 06:20 PM
Mair like Thomas Cook today.

Aldo
19-02-2022, 06:22 PM

Your trolling aren’t you??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cameronw-hfc
19-02-2022, 06:27 PM

Yeah we have. Lewis is surprising us all and doing that LCB role perfectly, but that's Pauls when he's back.

Edit- my use of surprising isn't to the detriment of Lewis. I mean surprising given he's barely kicked a ball all year and is playing out of position.(although he can play basically anywhere)

Diclonius
19-02-2022, 06:36 PM

😁

Yup.

There were a few guys behind us at the back of section 42 who were really enjoying themselves though!

NthCarolinaHibs
19-02-2022, 06:43 PM

Could you no just say ' We've done well,despite Hanlon being out injured '...deary me...

Mick O'Rourke
19-02-2022, 06:45 PM
I thought it must be about the absence of the moaners and groaners tonight. Agh, there's still a few around I see.

😄

:agree:
My thoughts as well :cb

Aldo
19-02-2022, 06:48 PM
Yeah we have. Lewis is surprising us all and doing that LCB role perfectly, but that's Pauls when he's back.

Edit- my use of surprising isn't to the detriment of Lewis. I mean surprising given he's barely kicked a ball all year and is playing out of position.(although he can play basically anywhere)

The poster knows we have and in my opinion us at it!

GreenCastle
19-02-2022, 09:02 PM
Rocky looks like he’s thigh is heavily strapped - hopefully he’s old

Porto plays better I think without Hanlon. Seems to enjoy being the guy and main leader at the back.

Hanlon is missed but you could argue this is the best Porto has been for us (minus the silly passes).

Zambernardi1875
19-02-2022, 10:57 PM
Could you no just say ' We've done well,despite Hanlon being out injured '...deary me...

no, i think weve been a more solid unit at the back since hanlon wasnt included.

dp00
20-02-2022, 01:37 PM
You surely can’t change the defence at the moment , rocky, Porto & Stevenson doing good

Porto just seems to stroll games atm although I noticed he didn’t join the team celebrating yesterday

Stevenson has been great since he came back in so wouldn’t be dropping him

bigwheel
20-02-2022, 01:45 PM
You surely can’t change the defence at the moment , rocky, Porto & Stevenson doing good

Porto just seems to stroll games atm although I noticed he didn’t join the team celebrating yesterday

I’d have Hanlon back as soon as possible

Spike Mandela
20-02-2022, 01:49 PM
I’d have Hanlon back as soon as possible

Agreed. Hanlon replaces Rocky as soon as fit imo.

mokie
20-02-2022, 02:02 PM
​
I suspect Jack Ross may still be here if Lewis had played every game this season. I agree that the defence were very good today and I think Porteous was excellent. Doig had his best game for a while and Cadden actually defended pretty well too. It will be interesting to see how Rocky progresses because he looks to have a bit to go fitness wise.

what makes you say that out of curiosity ????

mokie
20-02-2022, 02:05 PM

stevenson has been great when he’s been playing in midfield but when he’s playing at the back it’s a different story z….

Allant1981
20-02-2022, 03:08 PM
stevenson has been great when he’s been playing in midfield but when he’s playing at the back it’s a different story z….

He was fine yesterday playing at the back

LewysGot2
20-02-2022, 03:37 PM
I think he might be tempted to go with Rocky Porto and Paul as his 3. Then put Lewy into the midfield more often. He gets Campbells shirt even if Joe came back.

Darren only came on yesterday to let Lewy get into midfield to address issues in there. Being given the captaincy even with McGinn fit says lots for what Maloney thinks of him.

Brightside
20-02-2022, 04:05 PM
no, i think weve been a more solid unit at the back since hanlon wasnt included.

:greengrin:greengrin