PDA

View Full Version : Scott and Wright

Dashing Bob S
19-02-2022, 05:05 PM
Don’t want to be negative as I really enjoyed the second half today. I know that it wasn’t working out for Nisbet so nothing ventured nothing gained but I’m not sure I get playing Scott and Wright when there are more interesting young players who are part of our future sitting on the bench.

Waxy
19-02-2022, 05:08 PM
You dont want to be negative but your are really negative.

Bridge hibs
19-02-2022, 05:09 PM
Don’t want to be negative as I really enjoyed the second half today. I know that it wasn’t working out for Nisbet so nothing ventured nothing gained but I’m not sure I get playing Scott and Wright when there are more interesting young players who are part of our future sitting on the bench.Scott and Wright are midfielders, the young lads are defenders

McGruber
19-02-2022, 05:12 PM
Can't imagine Doidge being too happy either.

darwenhibby
19-02-2022, 05:15 PM
When I saw them come on
I said to my boy if we don’t win this game
Maloney deserves his books
But credit to them they stifled County and another cracker from JDH sealed it after they came on
Didn’t think the first half was as bad as folk making out but second half very good
Well Done Hibs🇳🇬💚

Lendo
19-02-2022, 05:15 PM
Maloney works with them in training everyday day and clearly thinks they were the best option. Of course as fans who have no involvement day-to-day, in training or match preparation we know better and would clearly do a much better job at masterminding the win.

LunasBoots
19-02-2022, 05:16 PM
Well done Wright and Scott for coming on and helping us to a good win.

bigwheel
19-02-2022, 05:19 PM
Both did fine when they came on ..worked hard and got involved ..

JimBHibees
19-02-2022, 05:20 PM

Agree thought they were fine. Any person booing them on are morons. Seems like some are desperate to not allow Maloney to do his job. Great three points today

Logie Green
19-02-2022, 05:21 PM

Agree. Another positive is that it’s the first time I’ve heard booing for two substitutes at the same time.

CLASS OF 72 -73
19-02-2022, 05:21 PM

But he's right!

seanshow
19-02-2022, 05:22 PM
Guys really have to think twice before booing players onto the park, and booing their first touch! wtf is wrong with these people

Dashing Bob S
19-02-2022, 05:22 PM

You're discoursing with your own paranoia here.

It's a football supporters message board, about opinions. It's fairly mainstream and valid to question whether Scott or Wright have any future at the club, given their previous records. Following on from that, it doesn't seem negative to suggest youth might have a fling.

Would you seriously have preferred me to say 'inspired substitution by Sean M, there, we should be building a team around Scott and Wright, these are the guys who will take us where they want to go'?

If every decision is beyond comment, what's the point of having a comment's board?

bigwheel
19-02-2022, 05:23 PM
But he's right!

No he’s not ..they did fine when they came on ..no need for any negative

JimBHibees
19-02-2022, 05:23 PM
Guys really have to think twice before booing players onto the park, and booing their first touch! wtf is wrong with these people

They need to be drowned out by real fans

JamesHFC
19-02-2022, 05:25 PM
The boo’s were embarrassing.

CLASS OF 72 -73
19-02-2022, 05:26 PM
No he’s not ..they did fine when they came on ..no need for any negative

Keep hugging the tree

ancient hibee

It's a football supporters message board, about opinions. It's fairly mainstream and valid to question whether Scott or Wright have any future at the club, given their previous records. Following on from that, it doesn't seem negative to suggest youth might have a fling.

Would you seriously have preferred me to say 'inspired substitution by Sean M, there, we should be building a team around Scott and Wright, these are the guys who will take us where they want to go'?

If every decision is beyond comment, what's the point of having a comment's board?
He was wanting to bring on midfielders not defenders but if you want him to give youth a fling shouldn’t you be critical about McGregor coming on?

wookie70
Scott actually looked interested for a change and Wright was fine and got forward really well

erin go bragh
19-02-2022, 05:27 PM

We have some zoomers in our support.
Anyway, great win today and up to 4th in the league.

ACLeith
19-02-2022, 05:27 PM

100%

Lago
19-02-2022, 05:28 PM
:greengrin

scoopyboy
19-02-2022, 05:29 PM
Scott and Wright did fine when they came on.

However I must say I want them nowhere near Easter Road next season, they aren't good enough.

Frees up wages which can easily be put to better use.

CapitalGreen
19-02-2022, 05:29 PM
Scott played well when he came on.

His time here has been a disappointment but he’s a young lad (just turned 21 5 months ago) and returning from a long lay off with a bad injury. The treatment he’s had from some has been horrible.

Stubbsy90+2
19-02-2022, 05:30 PM
Scott and Wright are midfielders, the young lads are defenders

Scott’s a forward. He done ok today but he’s absolutely smelling in all honesty.

If he’s not a forward then the question needs to be asked, how far off it is Melkerson that we stuck a midfielder on up top.

Lago
19-02-2022, 05:31 PM

Well they have obviously got a future until at least the end of the season, maybe worthwhile giving them some positive support until then.,

A Hi-Bee
19-02-2022, 05:33 PM
Inspired or Insipid, it's all a matter of conjecture they are Hibs players , as such deserve to be supported.

ancient hibee
I
Well they have obviously got a future until at least the end of the season, maybe worthwhile giving them some positive support until then.,

Don’t be ridiculous.They’re wastes of jerseys just like Doyle Hayes.

Unseen work
I wasn’t overly delighted at them being picked to come on but that never stopped me getting behind them.

the first thing Wright done was control the ball in the middle of the park with his back to goal and laid it off to Rocky. Nothing wrong with it in the slightest and understandable for him to do that but was met with loads of boo’s. Embarrassing.

Scott actually done well and played a great ball through to Doig which he should have scored from imo, a better touch towards the goal and he’s got a great chance.

One thing I like is that Maloney actually uses the squad, he gives others a chance to actually be good. Ross would play the same 12-13 players and then out of nowhere Chuck someone on for the first time in months and surprisingly they’re off the pace. Once our whole squad is fit and firing it will be a huge benefit.

I wonder what big Doidge is thinking though.

h1bs4life
19-02-2022, 05:35 PM
Scott and Wright did fine when they came on.

However I must say I want them nowhere near Easter Road next season, they aren't good enough.

Frees up wages which can easily be put to better use.

Agree with you I would start to worry if we looked to sign either.
They are probably the 2 subs that no Hibs fan would have brought on but give Maloney his due he thought they could help us win the game and they did comfortably.
Well done both players but very well done Maloney one thing it shows is that he is his own man

LewysGot2
19-02-2022, 05:44 PM
Guy 2 rows in front of us just about combusted when he heard the changes...was pretty embarrassing.

How anyone ever thinks booing a player ON to the park, unless they're opposition, helps...well I've no idea.

And for the record, I'm no fan of Scott or Drey Wright but there's no denying we needed fresh legs. Flogging two knackered players was not an answer.

IberianHibernian
19-02-2022, 05:56 PM
Seem to remember folk praising Scott after his debut . Later a lot of the criticism seemed to start after our ex manager publicly questioned his fitness . That criticism stuck . Anyway he did well when he came on today and I think he could be an important player in what`s left of the season and who knows if beyond . Doidge has had more chances since coming back from injury and hasn`t done much .

Callum_62
19-02-2022, 06:04 PM
Thought Scott looked more willing to work than I've seen him previously

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

.Sean.
19-02-2022, 06:09 PM
I’m far from their biggest fans and wouldn’t have brought them off but absolutely outrageous they were not booed on the park, especially when we were a goal
up

Diclonius
19-02-2022, 06:37 PM
Their confidence will be shot and that won't help one bit.

Waxy
19-02-2022, 07:07 PM

No idea how you got all that from what i said.

churchie16
19-02-2022, 07:26 PM
Can't imagine Doidge being too happy either.

Melkersen certainly was not happy took his chewing gum out and threw it in disgust and started swearing in his language, was not happy one bit.

Bridge hibs
19-02-2022, 07:32 PM
Melkersen certainly was not happy took his chewing gum out and threw it in disgust and started swearing in his language, was not happy one bit.Disgusting attitude, hope he is fined and bannished to the U23s until he learns not to throw away chewing gum and learns to swear in ****ing English !! 🤬

Nakedmanoncrack
19-02-2022, 07:35 PM
Guy 2 rows in front of us just about combusted when he heard the changes...was pretty embarrassing.

How anyone ever thinks booing a player ON to the park, unless they're opposition, helps...well I've no idea.

And for the record, I'm no fan of Scott or Drey Wright but there's no denying we needed fresh legs. Flogging two knackered players was not an answer.

I didn't boo, or self-combust, just shook my head silently at them coming on, I think very few booed, was more a general groaning & grumping.
Almost every game this pair get brought on & its hard to fathom why.

The 90+2
19-02-2022, 07:36 PM
Put their names together you get a ***** hun player. :cb

CB_NO3
19-02-2022, 07:41 PM
Maloney works with them in training everyday day and clearly thinks they were the best option. Of course as fans who have no involvement day-to-day, in training or match preparation we know better and would clearly do a much better job at masterminding the win.
Excellent post.

churchie16
19-02-2022, 07:41 PM
Disgusting attitude, hope he is fined and bannished to the U23s until he learns not to throw away chewing gum and learns to swear in ****ing English !! 🤬

Really? Bit much that to be fair some weird supporters out there like

Bridge hibs
19-02-2022, 07:49 PM
Really? Bit much that to be fair some weird supporters out there likeYeah, it was the throwing the chewing gum that tipped me over the edge, worthy of cancelling his contract in my opinion, not hibs class, and dont even start me on the swearing in his own language, what did he actually say in Norwegian ?

LunasBoots
19-02-2022, 07:52 PM
Even Maloney said Scott proved something in his after match interview.

churchie16
19-02-2022, 07:53 PM
Yeah, it was the throwing the chewing gum that tipped me over the edge, worthy of cancelling his contract in my opinion, not hibs class, and dont even start me on the swearing in his own language, what did he actually say in Norwegian ?

Fu** that pri** bridge hibs guys a creep or something along those lines picked his chewing gum back up and carried on

MWHIBBIES
19-02-2022, 08:01 PM
Scott simply should not be getting minutes, as a striker, ahead of Doidge and our 400k signing. Not having the Melkerson fitness nonsense. His old team looked fit at parkhead.

Id never boo him, but he shouldn't be coming on.

Bridge hibs
19-02-2022, 08:01 PM
Fu** that pri** bridge hibs guys a creep or something along those lines picked his chewing gum back up and carried onTo be honest though, if there was flavour left then too ****ing right, get that back in yer gob, we at hibs dont waste **** !!

Anyway, chewing gum aside, what was his sweary words because Im raging ar that, no place for that at our club 🤬

Hiber-nation
19-02-2022, 08:04 PM
Put their names together you get a ***** hun player. :cb

Wow that's so clever.

I was as peed off as anyone at them coming on but Scott in particular did well. They should still both be moving on in the summer obviously.

The 90+2
19-02-2022, 08:14 PM
Wow that's so clever.

I was as peed off as anyone at them coming on but Scott in particular did well. They should still both be moving on in the summer obviously.

Thanks, I try :greengrin

Agree both them will be gone come the summer. Both won't play for a bigger club than ours, that's for sure.

Heisenberg
19-02-2022, 08:23 PM
Melkersen certainly was not happy took his chewing gum out and threw it in disgust and started swearing in his language, was not happy one bit.

I’m not surprised. Today was a great opportunity to get him on the park.

Stewboy
19-02-2022, 09:00 PM
Thought they both did well when they came on!

JimBHibees
19-02-2022, 09:13 PM
Scott simply should not be getting minutes, as a striker, ahead of Doidge and our 400k signing. Not having the Melkerson fitness nonsense. His old team looked fit at parkhead.

Id never boo him, but he shouldn't be coming on.

Thought he was fine when he came on. His movement was good and he did ok. Not like our strikers are playing out their skins at the moment. Maloney sees them every day so good if some players start stepping up. He has shown at Motherwell he has ability.

JimBHibees
19-02-2022, 09:14 PM
Thought they both did well when they came on!

They did.

PolmontHibby
19-02-2022, 09:22 PM
thought both were fine when came on.....Scott is 21 years old, he will never be Messi but give the guy a chance

Callum_62
19-02-2022, 09:49 PM
The done fine when they came on and we went onto win comfortably

Jon done for Shaun

Callum_62
19-02-2022, 09:50 PM
Deleted

AL-Qaholik
19-02-2022, 10:21 PM
There must be a clause in Scott’s loan that he’s guaranteed game time when fit…

Callum_62
19-02-2022, 10:24 PM
There must be a clause in Scott’s loan that he’s guaranteed game time when fit…He's not came on every game so I doubt it

Danderhall Hibs
19-02-2022, 11:27 PM

Are you questioning his attitude and suggesting he’s not a team player?

BH1875
19-02-2022, 11:39 PM
Totally agree. Absolute joke booing our own players coming on the pitch. Really wanted drey to do something to shut them up. Feel sorry for him coming on, if his first touch on the ball isn’t good he’s knackered. It’s not good/fair. What made it worse was him and Scott coming on at the same time. Sometimes our fan base is embarrassing

Coco Bryce
19-02-2022, 11:40 PM
Doidge must been spewing Scott gets on before him. Don't thing Maloney rates him that much. Maybe not mobile enough for his system?

Hibbyradge
19-02-2022, 11:44 PM

For the record, I'm a big fan of Scott and Drey Wright and every other player that pulls on a Hibs shirt.

Smartie
19-02-2022, 11:45 PM
Doidge must been spewing Scott gets on before him. Don't thing Maloney rates him that much. Maybe not mobile enough for his system?

Doidge has shown Maloney nothing since he’s been here though. Not having a go at him, mitigating circumstances with the injury recovery etc but whilst we’ve seen Doidge be an effective player in the past, Maloney hasn’t.

Not saying for a second that Scott has shown more or is more deserving, but Doidge just hasn’t done enough to make Maloney want to start him or put him in ahead of anyone else.

There’s a place up for grabs imo and Nisbet is currently in there by default. The first player to stake a serious claim keeps his place imo.

Mcbizz1998
20-02-2022, 08:40 AM
What I don’t get is, Scott. He has never kicked a ball for us, utterly useless, and he gets on instead of our new striker.

I am not a fan of Wright but at least he is our player and Maloney wants to find a way of using him. But Scott will be gone in a few months (I hope), yet he gets game time instead of Melkersen. What was the point of signing the guy if he can’t get on when we are 2-0 up to Ross County at home?? Instead we give time to a huddy on loan from Hull!? Weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mcbizz1998
20-02-2022, 08:42 AM
thought both were fine when came on.....Scott is 21 years old, he will never be Messi but give the guy a chance

He has had chances,not good enough and not our player so won’t have time to progress here.

CapitalGreen
20-02-2022, 08:43 AM
What I don’t get is, Scott. He has never kicked a ball for us, utterly useless, and he gets on instead of our new striker.

I am not a fan of Wright but at least he is our player and Maloney wants to find a way of using him. But Scott will be gone in a few months (I hope), yet he gets game time instead of Melkersen. What was the point of signing the guy if he can’t get on when we are 2-0 up to Ross County at home?? Instead we give time to a huddy on loan from Hull!? Weird.

Scott did well when he came on yesterday.

LewysGot2
20-02-2022, 08:46 AM

Yup, agree re Wright v Scott.

Scott was done for in the eyes of the support when Jack Ross publicly called him out in application and fitness. Never coming back from that. Maloney seems outwardly perplexed about it but somebody maybe needs to give him the context. Not that booing anyone on to the park is acceptable.

Wright is at least our player. Giving Scott game time ahead of others is odd at best. Doidge's bum must be oot the window. I'll buy the easing Melkerson in line for a while.Hes been bought as a prospect and not the Messiah.

Allan's backside must be heading oot the door, just no the window.

Stubbsy90+2
20-02-2022, 08:50 AM
Drey Wright is out of contract this summer. To all intents and purposes, him and Scott are on equal footing in the ‘he’s at least our player’ debate.

Bobby's Cinema
20-02-2022, 08:56 AM
Can we not just call it as it is these days. Theyll have my full support while on the park but both are nowhere near good enough. So disappointing we haven't given ourselves different options in Jan.

Onceinawhile
20-02-2022, 09:00 AM

We weren't two nil up when Scott came on though.

It seems perfectly reasonable to me that whilst one nil up wee would want to bring on a player with a bit of height as it's likely we will end up going a bit longer with the ball.

Clarence
20-02-2022, 09:00 AM
Maloney must see something from these guys in training and expects it to click for them during a game at some point. Or maybe it’s a Maloneyball tactic where he wants them a play a certain role that isn’t obvious to everyone else.

jacomo
20-02-2022, 09:03 AM

The sarcasm is a bit tedious.

I clearly know nothing about football because I can’t see what these two offer us at all.

Stubbsy90+2
20-02-2022, 09:06 AM

I clearly know nothing about football because I can’t see what these two offer us at all.

:agree:

These two offer nothing. They’re both nowhere near the level a Hibs player should be.

There’s no need to over complicate things, the fans aren’t missing some outstanding contribution the two of them are making because they don’t understand football. They’re just ***** players.

JimBHibees
20-02-2022, 09:11 AM

Yep he did. Gave us fresh legs when we needed it. Wright was fine also. Good that more squad players are contributing to a win. Good for squad morale.

Mcbizz1998
20-02-2022, 09:36 AM

In what way? Tried hard, other than that the only contribution I remember is him not looking and missing the chance to put Mueller through on goal. He isn’t good enough.

Dashing Bob S
20-02-2022, 09:38 AM
He was wanting to bring on midfielders not defenders but if you want him to give youth a fling shouldn’t you be critical about McGregor coming on?

Indeed.

Winston Ingram
20-02-2022, 09:39 AM
I thought Scott did ok when he came on.

JimBHibees
20-02-2022, 09:40 AM
In what way? Tried hard, other than that the only contribution I remember is him not looking and missing the chance to put Mueller through on goal. He isn’t good enough.

Pressured the defence decent ball into Doig for an effort on goal. Gave us energy up front.

Dashing Bob S
20-02-2022, 09:41 AM
No idea how you got all that from what i said.

Ha ha yes, an assumptive slightly paranoid overreach on my part. Apologies.

Brightside
20-02-2022, 09:53 AM
I thought Scott did ok when he came on.

But Niz was awful? Dearie me.

Winston Ingram
20-02-2022, 10:23 AM

Yep.

Mcbizz1998
20-02-2022, 10:25 AM
Pressured the defence decent ball into Doig for an effort on goal. Gave us energy up front.

Yeah, that’s when he should have passed it to mueller for an even better chance on goal but never looked. Everyone else in Leith could see that pass but him.

JimBHibees
20-02-2022, 10:29 AM
Yeah, that’s when he should have passed it to mueller for an even better chance on goal but never looked. Everyone else in Leith could see that pass but him.

Two options he chose the one that got the player through on goal. No right or wrong pass in that situation imo.

CockneyRebel
20-02-2022, 10:52 AM

:aok:

Smartie
20-02-2022, 10:59 AM
Tin hat on - I’m not getting why these players are receiving the treatment from the fans they are.

Scott looks to me like he’s had a very long path back to fitness after his injury. His signing has been very poor, he has contributed little and I thought he looked miles off the pace at the start. We might never see him fully fit, and I’ve thought that Scott this season would be like Magennis last season. I do think he’s starting to look leaner and sharper now and he did what was asked of him when he went on yesterday.

The level of abuse Wright receives is ridiculous. I’d be hard pushed to make a case for him being kept on beyond this season but we have created an atmosphere where it is almost impossible for a player short on confidence to succeed. Yesterday he made the wrong decision and chose the wrong pass. Big deal, not a hanging offence. It didn’t even register on the howler scale that many of our favourite players will have contributed to. Henderson was having a decent game but his race was run and we needed fresh legs. Wright is disciplined, knows how to play the position, is general decent at keeping possession and a good choice at that stage in the game. The strongest argument against putting him on is the negative effect that his very presence has on our crowd.

Part of the problem here is that we believe we’ve got a wonder boy kicking his heels on the bench and a rookie manager who hasn’t quite earned our trust yet. Every decision is therefore under scrutiny. We’ll never know how Melkerson or Doidge might have got on if they’d got onto the park. All we do know is that Maloney made the changes he made, the players went on and (as far as I could see) did what he asked of them and helped us close out an important win.

McGruber
20-02-2022, 11:15 AM

Nisbet is a quality player, delighted we have him. His workrate has improved under Maloney. That said, he was very poor yesterday and has been in poor form for a while.

He was also poor against Arbroath, masked by a quality goal. If he is scoring goals he gets away with some of the general poor form , problem is when he is poor and not scoring. I'd back him to come good, especially if he gets teamed back up with Doidge/partner in future - though looks unlikely under Maloney

LaMotta
20-02-2022, 11:35 AM

:agree:

These two offer nothing. They’re both nowhere near the level a Hibs player should be.

There’s no need to over complicate things, the fans aren’t missing some outstanding contribution the two of them are making because they don’t understand football. They’re just ***** players.

:agree::agree:

2 wonder goals from JDH yesterday doesn't change the fact that they were bizarre subs. The argument that Maloney sees them in training so must know better than all the clueless fans doesn't wash.

CapitalGreen
20-02-2022, 11:45 AM

Scott is right footed, the ball out to Doig was the much easier pass and ultimately safer than trying a reverse ball with his weak foot to Mueller. We were winning 2-0 and looking therefore it wasn’t necessary to take the riskier option to create a chance. Maybe he saw Mueller was an option, maybe he didn't, either way driving forward with ball into the opposition half and then playing it to Doig was the correct decision at that moment in the game.

LaMotta
20-02-2022, 11:52 AM
Scott is right footed, the ball out to Doig was the much easier pass and ultimately safer than trying a reverse ball with his weak foot to Mueller. We were winning 2-0 and looking therefore it wasn’t necessary to take the riskier option to create a chance. Maybe he saw Mueller was an option, maybe he didn't, either way driving forward with ball into the opposition half and then playing it to Doig was the correct decision at that moment in the game.

If he can't play that pass to Mueller with his left foot he shouldn't be a pro footballer. He just didnt see it, which is worrying. He got away with the pass to Doig because the defender really should have cut it out.

His work rate was excellent I'll give him that.

Hannah_hfc
20-02-2022, 12:00 PM
Tin hat on - I’m not getting why these players are receiving the treatment from the fans they are.

Scott looks to me like he’s had a very long path back to fitness after his injury. His signing has been very poor, he has contributed little and I thought he looked miles off the pace at the start. We might never see him fully fit, and I’ve thought that Scott this season would be like Magennis last season. I do think he’s starting to look leaner and sharper now and he did what was asked of him when he went on yesterday.

The level of abuse Wright receives is ridiculous. I’d be hard pushed to make a case for him being kept on beyond this season but we have created an atmosphere where it is almost impossible for a player short on confidence to succeed. Yesterday he made the wrong decision and chose the wrong pass. Big deal, not a hanging offence. It didn’t even register on the howler scale that many of our favourite players will have contributed to. Henderson was having a decent game but his race was run and we needed fresh legs. Wright is disciplined, knows how to play the position, is general decent at keeping possession and a good choice at that stage in the game. The strongest argument against putting him on is the negative effect that his very presence has on our crowd.

Part of the problem here is that we believe we’ve got a wonder boy kicking his heels on the bench and a rookie manager who hasn’t quite earned our trust yet. Every decision is therefore under scrutiny. We’ll never know how Melkerson or Doidge might have got on if they’d got onto the park. All we do know is that Maloney made the changes he made, the players went on and (as far as I could see) did what he asked of them and helped us close out an important win.

Good post and largely sums up where I sit in terms of both of them. Scott was better yesterday than what we have seen previously. Obviously there are other players I would still choose to bring on ahead of him, but he did fine and the booing was unnecessary.

With the abuse Wright has received for the last few seasons, I have to commend him for not hiding. I don’t think he is at the expected standard for Hibs, but the effort is there. As long as that is there and he doesn’t come on and hide, then I’ll back him when Maloney decides to play him.

h1bs4life
20-02-2022, 12:13 PM
:agree::agree:

2 wonder goals from JDH yesterday doesn't change the fact that they were bizarre subs. The argument that Maloney sees them in training so must know better than all the clueless fans doesn't wash.

Also thought the subs were bizarre but Maloney is the the manager and he will live or die with decisions .
On this occasion he proved us all wrong and he was right as we went on to win comfortably 2-0
Doidge has done nothing to justify getting a game maybe Maloney is letting him know he is not in his plans it’s unfortunate that the previous manager thought it was a good idea to re sign while he was recovering from a serious injury.
Maloney has shown he is own man and has no interest in how players played under previous managers or what fans thought of them before he arrived
He could make the same subs next week and it blows up in his face but it’s his decision to make not ours as fans

CapitalGreen
20-02-2022, 12:14 PM
If he can't play that pass to Mueller with his left foot he shouldn't be a pro footballer. He just didnt see it, which is worrying. He got away with the pass to Doig because the defender really should have cut it out.

His work rate was excellent I'll give him that.

I didn’t say he couldn’t play the pass, I said it was the riskier pass in a situation where taking a risk wasn’t necessary. As for the comment about the opponent should have cut it out, he was at full stretch just to get a touch on it. Your over the top dislike of Scott is making you see what you want to see.

LaMotta
20-02-2022, 01:06 PM
Also thought the subs were bizarre but Maloney is the the manager and he will live or die with decisions .
On this occasion he proved us all wrong and he was right as we went on to win comfortably 2-0
Doidge has done nothing to justify getting a game maybe Maloney is letting him know he is not in his plans it’s unfortunate that the previous manager thought it was a good idea to re sign while he was recovering from a serious injury.
Maloney has shown he is own man and has no interest in how players played under previous managers or what fans thought of them before he arrived
He could make the same subs next week and it blows up in his face but it’s his decision to make not ours as fans

He didn't prove us all wrong though. JDH banged a one in a 100 shot into the top corner which meant game over. The subs had nothing to with that. Just because a poker player goes all in with 7 2 and beats pocket aces doesn't mean he made the right decision.

I would agree Doidge hasn't been good since returning but I think his justification for getting game time is clear over his time at Hibs. He will go on a run of being pretty ineffective and then he will eventually get a goal and go on a run of banging them in. He needs to get minutes on the pitch to get that first goal. If Doidge has done nothing to justify getting a game then what is the justification for Campbell, Wright and Scott getting games? Of course its the managers decision - but that's why are all here judging him on his decisions, that's part of the job and there are plenty of fair minded concerns about team selections right now.

LaMotta
20-02-2022, 01:11 PM
I didn’t say he couldn’t play the pass, I said it was the riskier pass in a situation where taking a risk wasn’t necessary. As for the comment about the opponent should have cut it out, he was at full stretch just to get a touch on it. Your over the top dislike of Scott is making you see what you want to see.

He didn't notice the pass to Mueller, so he didn't have a decision to make about risk.

It wasn't a great pass, it was slightly underhit and the ball was lucky that the defender's touch took it on to Doig. That has nothing to do what I think of Scott. And in any event, I don't dislike him, I want him to do well. It's just he has been really poor in a Hibs shirt and shown nothing to justify his time on the pitch. There's no getting away from that. I think the injury has probably affected him a fair bit so I feel for him, he looks like's wading through treacle at times.

CapitalGreen
20-02-2022, 01:16 PM
He didn't prove us all wrong though. JDH banged a one in a 100 shot into the top corner which meant game over. The subs had nothing to with that. Just because a poker player goes all in with 7 2 and beats pocket aces doesn't mean he made the right decision.

I would agree Doidge hasn't been good since returning but I think his justification for getting game time is clear over his time at Hibs. He will go on a run of being pretty ineffective and then he will eventually get a goal and go on a run of banging them in. He needs to get minutes on the pitch to get that first goal. If Doidge has done nothing to justify getting a game then what is the justification for Campbell, Wright and Scott getting games? Of course its the managers decision - but that's why are all here judging him on his decisions, that's part of the job and there are plenty of fair minded concerns about team selections right now.

Could the part in bold not apply to Scott as well?

For players not getting starts, most of the justification for them getting game time will have to be based on what they are doing in training.

LaMotta
20-02-2022, 01:37 PM

For players not getting starts, most of the justification for them getting game time will have to be based on what they are doing in training.

Could do mate its a fair point but my response would be there is no proof of Scott being able to do that whilst Doidge has done it several times to the extent he has a brilliant goal scoring record for Hibs.

There has been many a player who has looked great in training but doesn't do it on a match day so cant really agree with that one.

JimBHibees
20-02-2022, 01:41 PM

Pretty good summary

h1bs4life
20-02-2022, 03:32 PM

Why do you think Maloney made the subs he did ? To piss the fans off.
I wouldn’t have either in the team but I am basing that on watching both them over months Maloney has only been dealing with them for weeks. I wouldn’t have Doidge in the team either.
I’m taking it that he made the subs to get us over the line and it did.

Dashing Bob S
20-02-2022, 03:38 PM
It’s possible to criticize a substitution without being abusive to our own players. We should be able to question a signing or performance without heaping abuse on our own players and undermining them. As long as anyone plays in the jersey they’ll have my support for 90 mins, though I might pass on my misgivings in my company about their performance. The two shouldn’t be incompatible.

Stevie Reid
20-02-2022, 03:39 PM

Everyone was absolutely delighted when Doidge signed that new contract this season, many had accepted that he’d probably leave at the end of his old contract, and the injury possibly allowed us to retain him.

He’s been disappointing since his return for sure, but he’s never had a chance to build up his match fitness over the last couple of months, and I feel sorry for him in that regard. At the start of the season he looked superb.

He’d get a game for any other team in this league out with the OF, and we’d be really stupid to let him go.

Musselbound
20-02-2022, 03:43 PM

Yes. I guess Maloney must be seeing something in training that he likes.

churchie16
20-02-2022, 04:26 PM
Are you questioning his attitude and suggesting he’s not a team player?

Absolutely not just pointed out what I seen, couldn’t care less, prefer that type of attitude wanting to come on that much and influence the game but couldn’t care any less as I said

BlackSheep
20-02-2022, 04:42 PM
I just can’t get on board with these two… it’s all well and good that they must be showing something in training that they’re not producing on the pitch when it counts.

As others have said we have other players not even making the bench who are far supreriornto Wright and Scott, it just bemused me that they are seeing game time.

delbert
21-02-2022, 11:57 AM
I just can’t get on board with these two… it’s all well and good that they must be showing something in training that they’re not producing on the pitch when it counts.

As others have said we have other players not even making the bench who are far supreriornto Wright and Scott, it just bemused me that they are seeing game time.

I doubt you’re alone in being bemused that these two get game time, in fact I know you’re not. Wright has made zero impact at Easter Road since the day he arrived because he is quite simply not a very good football player, sometimes it’s just that simple and it still baffles me that a recruitment team and the previous manager looked at this guy as someone who could improve our football team prior to signing him. As for Scott, he has had months to get fit, hasn’t bothered and has shown the club zero respect, just a place to hang around till he can sort out his next move, a shambolic signing who should be nowhere near our football club and for him to get first team game time in front of other players on our payroll is both baffling and sickening.

Nicho87
21-02-2022, 04:54 PM
Spoke to Melkerson after game on Saturday as he was lingering about hospitality. Told him to watch some Derek Riordan videos etc and how did he find not getting on the pitch today.

He said he was pretty disappointed told him to keep his head down and the chance will come.

Coach Nicho - him and Conor Hague the other boy we signed from that club seemed decent lads to be fair. Probably didn’t understand the Fife accent as he gave me his phone to type in derek riordan

My little story from Saturday.

Tambo
21-02-2022, 05:34 PM
I actually thought Scott was ok for the time he was on the pitch.

Iggy Pope
21-02-2022, 06:18 PM
I actually thought Scott was ok for the time he was on the pitch.

Me too.

Green Badger
21-02-2022, 07:56 PM
I also thought Scott did ok when he came on.

Ronniekirk
21-02-2022, 08:14 PM
Given a new manager is in place and we have so many injuries I do think it’s time for people to stop booing them when they come on The Manager has said it’s not helping snd I do think we all need to get behind Maloney on this
Unless there is a significant improvement in Their performances I doubt iether will be a starter or be here next season
But at present needs must

Mcbizz1998
21-02-2022, 08:20 PM
The booing is obviously uncalled for. But these 2 won’t make it at hibs, they will show wee flashes from time to time and some will say they are worth keeping. Hope they are both gone by the summer and trust Maloney that he will bring in better.

Mcbizz1998
21-02-2022, 08:22 PM

I don’t want players to play the safest option, and unless I have got him all wrong, Maloney doesn’t either.

CapitalGreen
21-02-2022, 08:38 PM
I don’t want players to play the safest option, and unless I have got him all wrong, Maloney doesn’t either.

Well if it wasn’t clear to others before now, you have proven you are absolutely clueless. In the context of the game at the time, 2-0 up with just over 5 minutes to go, playing the safe option was entirely the correct thing to do.

The management team will have access to a lot more stats than I do but it won’t have escaped their attention that since Maloney has came in we have only conceded 2 goals in the combined 5 hours of football that Scott and Wright have played (both goals conceded coming away to Celtic) - that’s why they are being trusted to come on and help us see out games.

LaMotta
21-02-2022, 09:28 PM
Well if it wasn’t clear to others before now, you have proven you are absolutely clueless. In the context of the game at the time, 2-0 up with just over 5 minutes to go, playing the safe option was entirely the correct thing to do.

The management team will have access to a lot more stats than I do but it won’t have escaped their attention that since Maloney has came in we have only conceded 2 goals in the combined 5 hours of football that Scott and Wright have played (both goals conceded coming away to Celtic) - that’s why they are being trusted to come on and help us see out games.

C'mon mate you are stretching things here - since the winter break we've only only won 2 out of 8 games so we have rarely been in a position to see out games. They have been brought on the majority of the time when we have been in desperate need of a goal, and have done absolutely nothing in that regard.

MWHIBBIES
22-02-2022, 05:11 AM

At 2-0 up, safest option is the best one

Unseen work
22-02-2022, 06:44 AM
I feel a bit for Scott.

He’s only 21 and burst onto the scene, got a good move to Hull where he immediately got injured and has struggled since.

When he first came in against Dundee he looked pretty good despite having not played much and looked a decent option although a bit heavier than I imagine his target weight.

Ross played him and as soon as Nisbet was back Scott slowly drifted away and Ross came out slating hit fitness.

Since then he’s only had 5-10 minutes every 3 games or so and that has only been recently, he hardly played for Ross.

I don’t think he’s anywhere near as bad as is being made out and would actually be interested to see how he gets on with more consistent game time - although it’s unlikely to be here.

JamesHFC
22-02-2022, 07:16 AM
Every player will have their part to play between now and the end of the season. Bringing a couple of them on when 2-0 up to boost confidence (although the booing wouldn’t have helped much with that) and give them some game time isn’t so bad.

LaMotta
22-02-2022, 08:30 AM
At 2-0 up, safest option is the best one

Every player will have their part to play between now and the end of the season. Bringing a couple of them on when 2-0 up to boost confidence (although the booing wouldn’t have helped much with that) and give them some game time isn’t so bad.

Valid points - except they both came on at 1-0. It was JDH' s wondergoal a minute after that made the game safe, not the subs.

MWHIBBIES
22-02-2022, 09:17 AM
Valid points - except they both came on at 1-0. It was JDH' s wondergoal a minute after that made the game safe, not the subs.

We were 2-0 up when he made the pass in question

JimBHibees
22-02-2022, 10:09 AM
I feel a bit for Scott.

He’s only 21 and burst onto the scene, got a good move to Hull where he immediately got injured and has struggled since.

When he first came in against Dundee he looked pretty good despite having not played much and looked a decent option although a bit heavier than I imagine his target weight.

Ross played him and as soon as Nisbet was back Scott slowly drifted away and Ross came out slating hit fitness.

Since then he’s only had 5-10 minutes every 3 games or so and that has only been recently, he hardly played for Ross.

I don’t think he’s anywhere near as bad as is being made out and would actually be interested to see how he gets on with more consistent game time - although it’s unlikely to be here.

Agree with all of that. Give the boy a break

Smartie
22-02-2022, 10:20 AM
I feel a bit for Scott.

It’s also worth remembering that we’ve got an awful lot still to play for this season. A decent cup run and 4th would represent a good outcome from a season of transition that threatened to fall apart.

He might only be here on loan but he’s a Hibs player - and for that reason deserves support. Whilst I realise we’re building for the future we also need to be winning games in the here and now and if Maloney thinks he’s the best option then that’s his call.

It’s perfectly reasonable to question that call on here, I’d say, but there’s no place for the booing at ER. I was critical of Scott very early on, he looked miles off the pace to me. Not sure how much of my criticism was directed at the player himself and how much was directed at those who thought he might be part of the solution to our then problems.

HibS1957
22-02-2022, 10:36 AM
Being a supporter is about supporting the team not booing players as they have just come on as replacements. The answer to the boo boys / non supporter if you are not happy then vote with your feet as you are not helping.

CapitalGreen
22-02-2022, 10:41 AM
As I posted on the PM board, Scott is a victim of our terrible summer recruitment. He was a young wide forward returning from a bad injury brought in to cover our injured experienced striker. He’s the third youngest member of our current first team to have played but gets treated like some washed up old pro rather than a young player with a lot of development still ahead of him. For comparison, at the same age as Scott is now, Nisbet was plying his trade in League 1 and Doidge was kicking about the Welsh leagues.

Danderhall Hibs
22-02-2022, 10:43 AM
As I posted on the PM board, Scott is a victim of our terrible summer recruitment. He was a young wide forward returning from a bad injury brought in to cover our injured experienced striker. He’s the third youngest member of our current first team to have played but gets treated like some washed up old pro rather than a young player with a lot of development still ahead of him. For comparison, at the same age as Scott is now, Nisbet was plying his trade in League 1 and Doidge was kicking about the Welsh leagues.

Good point. I didn't realise he was the 3rd youngest.

Jim44
22-02-2022, 11:18 AM
Every time I look at the thread title, I think of Antarctic expedition and aviation pioneers.:greengrin

JimBHibees
22-02-2022, 11:20 AM

Very good post bit of context required. It was clear at Motherwell he had something just hasnt shown it here whether he does is entirely up to him between now and the end of the season. What he has shown up to now I cant imagine we will be interested however it's not entirely impossible he starts to contribute to the team in an area we are struggling at present.

LaMotta
22-02-2022, 12:50 PM
We were 2-0 up when he made the pass in question

Sorry didn't realise you were talking about that pass. So I see what you mean. But he didn't see Mueller so he only had one option to pass to Doig - the idea he chose that pass cos it was safer is flawed.

LaMotta
22-02-2022, 12:55 PM

All valid reasons for why he might not be performing but actually it doesn't really matter what the reasons are when considering what's best for the team. I think no-one has it in for him personally - rather people are quite justifiably IMO questioning why the manager is favouring him over other options.

LaMotta
22-02-2022, 12:56 PM
Every time I look at the thread title, I think of Antarctic expedition and aviation pioneers.:greengrin

CapitalGreen
22-02-2022, 01:29 PM
All valid reasons for why he might not be performing but actually it doesn't really matter what the reasons are when considering what's best for the team. I think no-one has it in for him personally - rather people are quite justifiably IMO questioning why the manager is favouring him over other options.

He was booed coming onto the pitch, the idea that there isn’t some people who have it in for him is laughable.

Unseen work
22-02-2022, 02:47 PM
Scott scored today for the development/B team against Huddersfield

Well done James, now let’s kick on :agree:

Tambo
22-02-2022, 02:50 PM

He also held the ball up well and played it off to Doig when he was taking out if I'm not mistaken. It's definitely an improvement on previous and he probably done more than Nisbet.

Steve88
22-02-2022, 03:16 PM

No room for him at Hibs.

More than enough chances.

We're not going to win trophies/qualify for EUROPE handholding players like this

There's only so much a club can do to help a player. The rest, it's up to the player..

JimBHibees
22-02-2022, 03:19 PM
No room for him at Hibs.

We're not going to win trophies/qualify for EUROPE handholding players like this

There's only so much a club can do to help a player. The rest, it's up to the player..

And he has got to the end of the season to prove he can.

Smartie
22-02-2022, 03:26 PM
No room for him at Hibs.

So far it appears he's got himself in shape, convinced the manager to call on him off the bench for certain tasks, played adequately off the bench on Saturday, today he's scored for the B team and supposedly played well.

What more do you want from him?

I thought he looked miles off it earlier this season but right now it looks like he's been doing everything possible to help both himself and Hibs.

Can we not just give the guy a chance?

Steve88
22-02-2022, 03:33 PM
So far it appears he's got himself in shape, convinced the manager to call on him off the bench for certain tasks, played adequately off the bench on Saturday, today he's scored for the B team and supposedly played well.

What more do you want from him?

I thought he looked miles off it earlier this season but right now it looks like he's been doing everything possible to help both himself and Hibs.

Can we not just give the guy a chance?

A professional footballer getting himself in shape... and you want to applaud the guy for doing what he should already be doing (and getting paid for...!)

My original statement wasn't - and isn't - meant to be malicious. It's just an objective look at how he has performed to date.

We've given the guy long enough. Again to re-iterate my point. We cannot be handholding players (especially those on loan) who are under achieving as much as they are when we are aiming to win trophies and qualify for EUROPE - with the latter goal being group stages

Steve88
22-02-2022, 03:35 PM
And he has got to the end of the season to prove he can.

As a club, using your resources for an entire season on a loan player underachieving as much as Scott is not a useful deployment of time/resource

MWHIBBIES
No room for him at Hibs.

Has he actually had more than enough chances? is 3 starts enough to judge a 21 year old?

I personally don't think he is good at all, but he hasn't really had more than enough chances.

CapitalGreen
A professional footballer getting himself in shape... and you want to applaud the guy for doing what he should already be doing (and getting paid for...!)

My original statement wasn't - and isn't - meant to be malicious. It's just an objective look at how he has performed to date.

We've given the guy long enough. Again to re-iterate my point. We cannot be handholding players (especially those on loan) who are under achieving as much as they are when we are aiming to win trophies and qualify for EUROPE - with the latter goal being group stages

He’s only played 460 minutes of football for us, 95 minutes since Maloney came in - what’s your cut off before writing players off completely?

Steve88
22-02-2022, 03:39 PM
Has he actually had more than enough chances? is 3 starts enough to judge a 21 year old?

I personally don't think he is good at all, but he hasn't really had more than enough chances.

He would stand a much better chance if he had the professionalism to keep himself (a professional athlete..) fit

With all due respect to the boy, if you lack the motivation to keep yourself in shape, then I question his drive - which has been reflected in performances..

Steve88
22-02-2022, 03:43 PM
He’s only played 460 minutes of football for us, 95 minutes since Maloney came in - what’s your cut off before writing players off completely?

He's only played 460 mins of football because he lacks the professionalism ( as a professional athlete) to keep himself fit, which in my opinion runs deeper about his drive as a footballer.

Scott has offered nothing in the time he has been at Hibs. That's my cut off.

Smartie
22-02-2022, 03:57 PM

I've given him the benefit of the doubt because he's coming back from a nasty injury. Doidge is a good player but looks to be taking a long time to get back from his nasty injury, as did Magennis.

Scott shouldn't have been signed and I'm not going to argue that he's done nearly enough for us up to this point... but if he's got himself fit and got himself to the point where he's the best option, then we play him imo.

I'm not sure how much we should hold the past against him, or who we really punish by doing so.

Neither am I sure about where he fits in amongst his rivals for his position, or how/ where he fits into a Maloney team.

From where I'm looking, he's currently doing all the right things. Whether or not that was always the case, I simply don't know.

LaMotta
22-02-2022, 07:30 PM
He was booed coming onto the pitch, the idea that there isn’t some people who have it in for him is laughable.

The boos were aimed at the manager showing displeasure for his 2 substitutions. Some of your analysis and attempted use of stats on this thread has certainly been laughable.

Dashing Bob S
22-02-2022, 07:39 PM
Scott would 20+ a season at A’deen or Hearts.

LaMotta
22-02-2022, 07:41 PM
Scott would 20+ a season at A’deen or Hearts.

Lambert & Butler a day?

Allant1981
22-02-2022, 07:52 PM
The boos were aimed at the manager showing displeasure for his 2 substitutions. Some of your analysis and attempted use of stats on this thread has certainly been laughable.

The boos were aimed at the 2 players coming on, not really sure how you can dispute that

h1bs4life
22-02-2022, 07:53 PM

Maybe you should rephrase that to your booing was aimed at the manager.
It was a small group that were booing are you the spokesman for them.
Why do you think Maloney made these subs , to piss the fans off , to throw the game or possibly he thought they could help get us over the line.

Scotty Leither
22-02-2022, 08:09 PM
I never boo Hibs players and thought the booing was really off, but Drey Wright 5 minutes after coming on received the ball in space on the halfway line and instead of turning towards the opposition goal he passed it back the way and copped it in the neck from the crowd. Justifiably in my opinion.

It’s not the laddie’s fault he’s not a dynamic playmaker that we’re craving, but the club don’t/won’t buy these types of players because they cost £££, which we’ll simply not spend despite this all-singing all dancing new recruitment committee we’ve all to get enthused about.

Kensell called it a 7/10 window. I think it’s more like 5 out of 10, as per usual.

LaMotta
22-02-2022, 08:34 PM
The boos were aimed at the 2 players coming on, not really sure how you can dispute that

They were aimed at the decision as much as the players who were coming on - no idea how you could think otherwise. I think the manager is not doing them any favours.

Maybe you should rephrase that to your booing was aimed at the manager.
It was a small group that were booing are you the spokesman for them.
Why do you think Maloney made these subs , to piss the fans off , to throw the game or possibly he thought they could help get us over the line.

I have never booed a Hibs player in my life.

You've asked the question in bold twice now. I ignored it the first time because it was so daft. Where is anyone suggesting he did it to piss the fans off? Where is anyone suggesting he did it to throw the game? It's quite clear that plenty of people don't agree with his subs - it's because they are questioning his judgement as a rookie manager, nothing more or less, which they are entitled to do based on results and performances so far. One win against Ross County shouldn't change that.

Allant1981
22-02-2022, 09:09 PM
They were aimed at the decision as much as the players who were coming on - no idea how you could think otherwise. I think the manager is not doing them any favours.

You've asked the question in bold twice now. I ignored it the first time because it was so daft. Where is anyone suggesting he did it to piss the fans off? Where is anyone suggesting he did it to throw the game? It's quite clear that plenty of people don't agree with his subs - it's because they are questioning his judgement as a rookie manager, nothing more or less, which they are entitled to do based on results and performances so far. One win against Ross County shouldn't change that.

I was there and seen and heard it with my own eyes, they were being booed not the decision

LaMotta
22-02-2022, 09:14 PM
I was there and seen and heard it with my own eyes, they were being booed not the decision

How do you know that?

We are all guessing because none of us were booing. But my thoughts were it was a poor managerial decision to bring them on and I can understand the frustration with that. That's not the players fault and I don't understand how anyone can be angry at them personally - they have clearly been giving their all recently ( particularly Wright in his entire time at Hibs). It makes sense that the frustration was more at the manager rather than the players IMO.

The 90+2
22-02-2022, 09:21 PM
In my opinion: Scott gets it tight because he was absolutely brilliant at Motherwell and they sold him for millions- and there was high expectations, think back to Daryl Duffy. Wright we got from St Johnstone who regarded him as their best player. They then beat us in a Semi and a final after we took him and he's not really showed much at all.

Neither you could say have had a raw deal. Especially Wright who probably more than doubled his wages for a contribution of being solid in a couple of games. He will probably go to Motherwell or someone and again peform for a lot less than we pay.

1875Sean
22-02-2022, 09:23 PM
In my opinion: Scott gets it tight because he was absolutely brilliant at Motherwell and they sold him for millions- and there was high expectations, think back to Daryl Duffy. Wright we got from St Johnstone who regarded him as their best player. They then beat us in a Semi and a final after we took him and he's not really showed much at all.

Neither you could say have had a raw deal. Especially Wright who probably more than doubled his wages for a contribution of being solid in a couple of games. He will probably go to Motherwell or someone and again peform for a lot less than we pay.

Wright has had enough chances, nothing to do with expectations about being one of the better players for st Johnstone, if anyone has been that poor on a regular basis they would get the same treatment

The 90+2
22-02-2022, 09:43 PM
Wright has had enough chances, nothing to do with expectations about being one of the better players for st Johnstone, if anyone has been that poor on a regular basis they would get the same treatment

He has. I'm just saying there was an expectation when he signed though. He's failed to produce.

Smartie
22-02-2022, 10:21 PM

Any player getting booed onto the park by his own fans is getting a raw deal imo - especially when we've got so many games still ahead of us with so much to play for, when they're players who could still potentially make a positive impact for us.

Allant1981
23-02-2022, 04:23 AM
How do you know that?

We are all guessing because none of us were booing. But my thoughts were it was a poor managerial decision to bring them on and I can understand the frustration with that. That's not the players fault and I don't understand how anyone can be angry at them personally - they have clearly been giving their all recently ( particularly Wright in his entire time at Hibs). It makes sense that the frustration was more at the manager rather than the players IMO.

If ypu dont think those plyers were being booed you are very naive

Onion
23-02-2022, 05:59 AM
How do you know that?

FWIW, I thought exactly the same.

If it was fans booing Hibs players then that is out of order. Have no problem with fans reacting to manager decisions - happens all the time.

LaMotta
23-02-2022, 06:38 AM
If ypu dont think those plyers were being booed you are very naive

If you don't think some of the reaction was a message to the manager then I dont think you understand very much.

LaMotta
23-02-2022, 06:40 AM
FWIW, I thought exactly the same.

If it was fans booing Hibs players then that is out of order. Have no problem with fans reacting to manager decisions - happens all the time.

:agree: And to be honest I think there were far more grumbles than boos.

JimBHibees
23-02-2022, 06:41 AM
If you don't think some of the reaction was a message to the manager then I dont think you understand very much.

Similarly moronic to booing the players. He is just in the door we are one up makes no sense.

LaMotta
23-02-2022, 06:43 AM
Similarly moronic to booing the players. He is just in the door we've are one up makes no sense.

Not even close to being as moronic as booing Jim. A natural reaction to what was happening IMO.

Heisenberg
23-02-2022, 06:45 AM
Similarly moronic to booing the players. He is just in the door we are one up makes no sense.

Booing the team/our players/the manager when winning the game is stupid. Helps absolutely no one and will only serve to create a bigger gap in the connection between fans and players/manager.

JimBHibees
23-02-2022, 06:48 AM
Booing the team/our players/the manager when winning the game is stupid. Helps absolutely no one and will only serve to create a bigger gap in the connection between fans and players/manager.

Totally.

Allant1981
23-02-2022, 06:50 AM

Aye ok then, keep the head buried in the sand

JimBHibees
23-02-2022, 06:50 AM
Not even close to being as moronic as booing Jim. A natural reaction to what was happening IMO.

Disagree we were winning and pretty comfortable in a hugely important game wtf would anyone describing themselves as a Hibs fan boo anythng.

LaMotta
23-02-2022, 06:51 AM

Totally.

I agree completely as well.

Booing is an unnceccesary choice. The grumbling between fans is natural, just like when a bad pass is played or an easy chance is missed.

LaMotta
23-02-2022, 06:53 AM
Aye ok then, keep the head buried in the sand

The irony.

LaMotta
23-02-2022, 06:54 AM
Disagree we were winning and pretty comfortable in a hugely important game wtf would anyone describing themselves as a Hibs fan boo anythng.

We agree booing is daft. But you said the grumbling was just as moronic. Can't agree with that.

JimBHibees
23-02-2022, 07:34 AM
We agree booing is daft. But you said the grumbling was just as moronic. Can't agree with that.

Never mentioned grumbling your point seemed to be they were booing the managers decision my view was that booing either the players or the managers decision was moronic and completely self defeating.

ian cruise
23-02-2022, 07:40 AM
Booing the team when winning is no way to support the team and serves absolutely no positive purpose.

There's thread after thread with people saying they're behind the manager (and they should be) but now we're saying it's okay to boo his decisions when we're two goals up?

We're becoming so hard to please as q fan base it's not funny.

JimBHibees
23-02-2022, 07:49 AM
Booing the team when winning is no way to support the team and serves absolutely no positive purpose.

There's thread after thread with people saying they're behind the manager (and they should be) but now we're saying it's okay to boo his decisions when we're two goals up?

Yep agree with all of that other than we were only 1 up at the time however your point is an excellent one. If there are going to be numpties not supporting in this way it probably needs the other fans to actively support more.

LaMotta
23-02-2022, 07:54 AM
Never mentioned grumbling your point seemed to be they were booing the managers decision my view was that booing either the players or the managers decision was moronic and completely self defeating.

I'd made that point previously not in that post, so think we are talking at cross purposes.

JimBHibees
23-02-2022, 07:55 AM
I'd made tbat point previously not in that post, so think we are talking at cross purposes.

:aok:

LaMotta
23-02-2022, 07:57 AM

There isn't one post on this entire thread saying its ok to boo anything or anyone though.

ian cruise
23-02-2022, 08:00 AM
There isn't one post on this entire thread saying its ok to boo anything or anyone though.

There are a tonne of posts justifying the booing, that's as good as saying it's okay.

If the posters aren't saying it's okay then they're obviously just trying to get an argument with the OP and other posters who are condoning the booing and we're as well closing the thread.

LaMotta
23-02-2022, 08:06 AM
There are a tonne of posts justifying the booing, that's as good as saying it's okay.

If the posters aren't saying it's okay then they're obviously just trying to get an argument with the OP and other posters who are condoning the booing and we're as well closing the thread.

The thread started about whether Wright and Scott are good enough. Lot's of people dont think they are and are pointing that out. Other people are saying why the booing might have happened.

Nobody, not one person, is condoning the booing though.

if anyone is looking for an argument its people making up claims that a tonne of people are justifying the booing.

Mcbizz1998
23-02-2022, 09:15 AM

I don’t think it’s as deep as that. It’s just 2 players who aren’t good enough and fans who don’t understand why they keep getting chances.

I had never heard of either of them before they came to Hibs so no expectations from me at least, imagine others will be similar.

nonshinyfinish
23-02-2022, 09:37 AM
https://media.tenor.com/images/0915ba28d7ec47d08d2f61f77744c1a5/tenor.gif

LaMotta
23-02-2022, 09:47 AM
https://media.tenor.com/images/0915ba28d7ec47d08d2f61f77744c1a5/tenor.gif

:hilarious

h1bs4life
23-02-2022, 12:32 PM

So how do you know booing was aimed at the manager ? Not seen many others saying it was aimed at the manager
Daft question probably because you can’t answer and then you finish it off by saying you are questioning Maloney’s judgement . So what what questions do you have . Hope that is not to daft a question for you.

LaMotta
23-02-2022, 12:43 PM
So how do you know booing was aimed at the manager ? Not seen many others saying it was aimed at the manager
Daft question probably because you can’t answer and then you finish it off by saying you are questioning Maloney’s judgement . So what what questions do you have . Hope that is not to daft a question for you.

So how do you know it wasn't aimed at the manager? I've already said we are all guessing but I've given rationale behind why I think it was aimed at the manager as well - someone else has agreed with that logic.

No offence but I'm really struggling to figure out what you are going on about now or what point you are trying to make. It's all word soup. I gave a clear answer to your question previously, I'll leave it at that.

The 90+2
23-02-2022, 12:47 PM
Any player getting booed onto the park by his own fans is getting a raw deal imo - especially when we've got so many games still ahead of us with so much to play for, when they're players who could still potentially make a positive impact for us.

While true the people who booed the players coming on obviously disagreed that they can make a positive impact and it's why they voiced their frustrations at the managers decision to bring them on. It's not as if we went 3-0 up and people booed for something to do because they haven't been good enough - not that I agree at all that it's in any way productive.

The 90+2
23-02-2022, 12:48 PM
I don’t think it’s as deep as that. It’s just 2 players who aren’t good enough and fans who don’t understand why they keep getting chances.

I had never heard of either of them before they came to Hibs so no expectations from me at least, imagine others will be similar.

Fair enough, I get that also. :aok:

mcfly
23-02-2022, 04:52 PM
Booing of players coming onto the pitch is awful.

Is it going to make them better? No they’ll be scared stiff to take the ball
at all.

Maybe spend the energy cheering them and offering support ?

We go on about hibs class, booing a player into the pitch is not hibs class.

Allant1981
23-02-2022, 05:13 PM

at all.

According to a poster on here the boos were aimed at the manager!

LaMotta
23-02-2022, 09:29 PM
According to a poster on here the boos were aimed at the manager!

They were aimed at the players AND the manager. If you cant see that you don't understand much about football or the psychology of football fans.:aok:

Allant1981
24-02-2022, 05:20 AM
They were aimed at the players AND the manager. If you cant see that you don't understand much about football or the psychology of football fans.:aok:

Now an expert in psychology as well as football, your talents are truly wasted on this forum

OldEast
24-02-2022, 07:18 AM
If, as some say the boos were aimed at the manager (which I don't believe) it makes no difference for example to how Drey Wright with feel coming onto the pitch as he'll know the boos were about the managers decision to put him on.
It's pathetic! Boo the whole team if you must at the end of a game if they've been rubbish but individual players are human beings and should be supported whilst wearing the shirt.

LaMotta
24-02-2022, 01:39 PM
If, as some say the boos were aimed at the manager (which I don't believe) it makes no difference for example to how Drey Wright with feel coming onto the pitch as he'll know the boos were about the managers decision to put him on.
It's pathetic! Boo the whole team if you must at the end of a game if they've been rubbish but individual players are human beings and should be supported whilst wearing the shirt.

Why do people keep pointing out that booing is bad and counter productive? There has been universal agreement on this - no one on this thread is saying otherwise.

LaMotta
24-02-2022, 01:40 PM
Now an expert in psychology as well as football, your talents are truly wasted on this forum

Thanks buddy! :banana:

You also seem to be a bit of an expert yourself given you've decided you know with 100% certainty that none of the boo's were directed at the managers decision.:wink:

offshorehibby
24-02-2022, 03:26 PM
FFS, booing as loud as that puts the hole team off, they can hear it as well. Whether it's the players the manager or what it doesn't frigging help. STOP IT.

LaMotta
24-02-2022, 04:44 PM
ffs, booing as loud as that puts the hole team off, they can hear it as well. Whether it's the players the manager or what it doesn't frigging help. Stop it.

booooooooooooooooo

offshorehibby
24-02-2022, 05:25 PM
booooooooooooooooo

I heard that. :greengrin

LaMotta
24-02-2022, 07:49 PM
:hilarious

h1bs4life
25-02-2022, 06:52 AM
So how do you know it wasn't aimed at the manager? I've already said we are all guessing but I've given rationale behind why I think it was aimed at the manager as well - someone else has agreed with that logic.

No offence but I'm really struggling to figure out what you are going on about now or what point you are trying to make. It's all word soup. I gave a clear answer to your question previously, I'll leave it at that.

One other person agreed with logic and it seems you have now changed your mind it was the manager and the players that were getting booed
No offence but you don’t have a clue what the booing was for .
Will just leave it at that .
Word soup .

LaMotta
25-02-2022, 07:53 AM
One other person agreed with logic and it seems you have now changed your mind it was the manager and the players that were getting booed
No offence but you don’t have a clue what the booing was for .
Will just leave it at that .
Word soup .

Boooòòooooooooooo:nanawave:

basehibby
25-02-2022, 11:00 AM

at all.

THIS - it's absolute stupidity of the highest order and completely counter-productive and unacceptable.

I would actually be happy to see the culprits expelled from the ground for such idiocy - not that I expect it'll ever happen.