PDA

View Full Version : Bodo/Glimt

Unseen work
18-02-2022, 11:30 AM
Unbelievable what they’re now accomplishing as a club and something I’m hoping Hibs are trying to follow and why such an emphasis is being based on our development team.

In a league with Molde, Rosenberg, Valerenga etc etc it’s Bodo Glimt that are dominating the league right now and are now showcasing it in Europe against the top teams. They battered Roma and last night disposed of Celtic with ease.

Last night they played Celtic at their own game, possession/attacking football and when they lost it they got it back instantly. It showed there’s a way for smaller budget clubs to compete against the big boys and it’s something I think we’ve seen as a club and want to replicate hence the change in Manager, staff, recruitment and emphasis on the academy with Steve Kean.

Bodo’s academy director Greg Broughton Is pals with Kensell having worked together at Norwich so you’d hope we’re in regulars dialogue with them and picking his brain about what they’re doing.

Watching them last night too I can’t help but be excited about what Melkersen and Hague will be able to bring to our team.

Hopefully we’re able to replicate what they’re doing and start seeing it on the pitch.

Even more impressive is the fact they’ve lost some of their better players recently and this is essentially their pre season.

Stuff like last night gives me huge hope.

Aldo
18-02-2022, 11:33 AM
Unbelievable what they’re now accomplishing as a club and something I’m hoping Hibs are trying to follow and why such an emphasis is being based on our development team.

In a league with Molde, Rosenberg, Valerenga etc etc it’s Bodo Glimt that are dominating the league right now and are now showcasing it in Europe against the top teams. They battered Roma and last night disposed of Celtic with ease.

Last night they played Celtic at their own game, possession/attacking football and when they lost it they got it back instantly. It showed there’s a way for smaller budget clubs to compete against the big boys and it’s something I think we’ve seen as a club and want to replicate hence the change in Manager, staff, recruitment and emphasis on the academy with Steve Kean.

Bodo’s academy director Greg Broughton Is pals with Kensell having worked together at Norwich so you’d hope we’re in regulars dialogue with them and picking his brain about what they’re doing.

Watching them last night too I can’t help but be excited about what Melkersen and Hague will be able to bring to our team.

Hopefully we’re able to replicate what they’re doing and start seeing it on the pitch.

Stuff like last night gives me huge hope.

Indeed Unseen.

You last sentence I think will depend on how much time SM is given to get and do what he needs to implement this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Berry
18-02-2022, 11:35 AM

Even more impressive is the fact they’ve lost some of their better players recently and this is essentially their pre season.

Stuff like last night gives me huge hope.Yes, hopefully that's the model Hibs are going for. But we're not the most patient fans in the world, which makes it difficult.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Mcbizz1998
18-02-2022, 11:37 AM
I really hope we see our lads from Bodo soon. The Hoff especially. Hoping to see at least a cameo from him tomorrow at ER.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
18-02-2022, 11:39 AM
I didn’t see the game last night, apart from the result, what was impressive about them

ahibby
18-02-2022, 12:00 PM
I can understand where the excitement and hope is coming from but perhaps we shouldn't get too carried away. I do think that our current approaches to building the club and team with a view to reaching a higher level is at least admirable. Whether it is achievable time will tell and as has been said we are not the most patient so lets hope we appreciate what changes we see at the club and give it some time. Let's not forget that young Hibs teams have gone to Glasgow and skelped both sides of the OF in years gone by, it happens in one of matches.

Hermit Crab
18-02-2022, 12:03 PM
I didn’t see the game last night, apart from the result, what was impressive about them

Very organised, they move the ball forward quickly with some crisp passing, their first and seconds goals were excellent build up play. They have some very good technical players, the boy Solbacken (sp) on the right was excellent, created their second goal. If our two lads are half as good as some of their first team players then we are onto a winner.

04Sauzee
18-02-2022, 12:30 PM
Posted this before and it's a fantastic listen and would recommend it to anyone

Gregg Broughton the academy directort talks about the set up they have.

This is the guy who worked at Norwich and has a relationship with Ben Kensell

https://trainingground.guru/articles/gregg-broughton-youth-development-lessons-from-bodo/glimt

Since452
18-02-2022, 01:20 PM
Did they not beat Roma 6-0 in the group stage? 3-1 to them last night really wasn't a surprise. Good side.

jacomo
18-02-2022, 01:40 PM
Yes, hopefully that's the model Hibs are going for. But we're not the most patient fans in the world, which makes it difficult.

We are showing ambition as a club. I think us fans have to show patience.

ekhibee
18-02-2022, 04:21 PM
Very organised, they move the ball forward quickly with some crisp passing, their first and seconds goals were excellent build up play. They have some very good technical players, the boy Solbacken (sp) on the right was excellent, created their second goal. If our two lads are half as good as some of their first team players then we are onto a winner.

Yep, totally agree, I was just watching the highlights of when they stuffed Roma, and they're fast, strong and play a lot balls to feet with accuracy. Solbacken was good against Celtic but they seem to have strength in depth up front. Very good team, and it'll take a better team than Celtic to beat them too. It's quite rare when a team really takes the game to Celtic at Parkhead and basically outplays them.

DH1875
18-02-2022, 04:30 PM
Puts to bed the age old argument that our teams struggle against Scandinavian countries in Europe because we are in preseason ans their leagues have already started. Bodo haven't played a competitive game in 3 months lol.

erin go bragh
18-02-2022, 04:54 PM
Did they not beat Roma 6-0 in the group stage? 3-1 to them last night really wasn't a surprise. Good side.

Beat Roma 6-1 at home and drew 2-2 in Rome

JimBHibees
18-02-2022, 05:20 PM
Posted this before and it's a fantastic listen and would recommend it to anyone

Gregg Broughton the academy directort talks about the set up they have.

This is the guy who worked at Norwich and has a relationship with Ben Kensell

https://trainingground.guru/articles/gregg-broughton-youth-development-lessons-from-bodo/glimt

Watched that before a very good listen. Really interesting some of the set ups in some of these progressive clubs. Didn't also realise North Norwegians weren't able to have teams in the Norwegian league until relatively recently and were treated very much as second class citizens. Also have a policy of having a set number of local players.

Bridge hibs
18-02-2022, 06:41 PM
Very organised, they move the ball forward quickly with some crisp passing, their first and seconds goals were excellent build up play. They have some very good technical players, the boy Solbacken (sp) on the right was excellent, created their second goal. If our two lads are half as good as some of their first team players then we are onto a winner.Agree and also done their homework, knew celtc were a threat on the wings and tried to nullify that to great success. They also done their homework on celtcs defence and weaknesses. A great controlled performance all round. Better still as I believe Bodo hadnt played a competitive game in 07 weeks, if so then thats a stunning result 😵

where'stheslope
19-02-2022, 09:50 AM
Yes, hopefully that's the model Hibs are going for. But we're not the most patient fans in the world, which makes it difficult.

My take on patience is, Bodo/Glimt have never had a winning team like the Famous Five or big results in Europe like 5-0 against Napoli, so fans were always just going to sit and go for the ride!
Now they have seen these type of results, they will be agitated if it falls off and they just become another so so team.
Remember other teams will be watching and their best players will be snapped up by bigger clubs, it will give them money but not their best players on the park.
Similar to us with Boyle, money in the bank, but at the moment not playing to our potential!!!

Greencore
19-02-2022, 09:59 AM
Would love for us to start a partnership with them.

CapitalGreen
19-02-2022, 12:12 PM
My take on patience is, Bodo/Glimt have never had a winning team like the Famous Five or big results in Europe like 5-0 against Napoli, so fans were always just going to sit and go for the ride!
Now they have seen these type of results, they will be agitated if it falls off and they just become another so so team.
Remember other teams will be watching and their best players will be snapped up by bigger clubs, it will give them money but not their best players on the park.
Similar to us with Boyle, money in the bank, but at the moment not playing to our potential!!!

The vast majority of Hibs fans haven’t had a winning team like the famous five or seen 5-0 wins over Napoli either. Any Hibs fan under the age of sixty will not have experienced those things.

In regards to losing their best players, this has already happened but they are very good at replacing them. Runar Hauge’s older brother signed for AC Milan and in the last couple of months sold another 2 midfielders for a combined £8m.

Frazerbob
19-02-2022, 12:19 PM
I’ve a crowd of their fans in my pub just now. They’re not very complimentary about Celtic or their fans 🤣 Apparently it was very quiet on Thursday 🤣

Since90+2
19-02-2022, 12:39 PM
I’ve a crowd of their fans in my pub just now. They’re not very complimentary about Celtic or their fans 🤣 Apparently it was very quiet on Thursday 🤣

They'll feel right at home with the prices of the pints atleast 😂

Frazerbob
19-02-2022, 12:52 PM
They'll feel right at home with the prices of the pints atleast 😂

:applause: haha must admit, that made me laugh.

Since90+2
19-02-2022, 01:23 PM
:applause: haha must admit, that made me laugh.

Yes, was very much in jest! Cracking pub you run, one of the best in the old town 👍