PDA

View Full Version : Demetri Mitchell - It never rains but it pours (injury)

04Sauzee
17-02-2022, 04:22 PM
Looks like we may have to do without Mitchell for a while. Hope he's back soon.

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/demetri-mitchell-injury-sparks-major-23135089

jacomo
17-02-2022, 04:26 PM
Ffs.

1van Sprou7e
17-02-2022, 04:33 PM
Still waiting on a scan so no confirmation yet

Fingers crossed, he was set to be a major player for us this season

Stuart93
17-02-2022, 04:37 PM
Are all the injuries we’ve had in the last couple months/this season in general purely coincidental?

Canny remember having more injuries in the one season.

Mikey_1875
17-02-2022, 04:38 PM
Surprised he would still be waiting on scan results from an injury that occurred on Sunday.

We are getting no luck whatsoever at the moment but hopefully this one isn’t as bad as it sounds. It was from his own bad tackle as well!

Stubbsy90+2
17-02-2022, 04:39 PM
Are all the injuries we’ve had in the last couple months/this season in general purely coincidental?

I’d asked the same recently. Is it just really, really bad luck or are we doing something wrong behind the scenes?

JohnM1875
17-02-2022, 04:40 PM
Absolute sickener. Couldn't make up the amount of injuries we've had this year. Feel sorry for the guy as he was starting and playing well.

SteveHFC
17-02-2022, 04:41 PM
I’d asked the same recently. Is it just really, really bad luck or are we doing something wrong behind the scenes?

Wondering the same.

B.H.F.C
17-02-2022, 04:44 PM

This one was bad luck. He injured himself flying in to a challenge on Sunday.

ancient hibee
17-02-2022, 04:52 PM
Y

Such as?

green day
17-02-2022, 04:54 PM

Do you think we are telling him to go flying into a daft tackle?

Stuart93
17-02-2022, 04:55 PM
Y

Such as?

Not that it’s the case with this one but muscular injuries can be caused by over training. I’m not 100% saying that’s what’s happening but there’s been a lot more injuries than I can ever remember us having previously

Could just be bad luck mind you

Carheenlea
17-02-2022, 05:00 PM
The first reaction from our physio when she attended him was to signal to bench that his game was over, so looked pretty ominous. He did continue for a brief spell I think before being subbed but it looked a rash challenge to be making at the time and this is a real blow if he has to be sidelined.

LunasBoots
17-02-2022, 05:00 PM
Not really surprising a good player but gas been plagued by injuries over the years, the hibs way sadly.

Stubbsy90+2
17-02-2022, 05:11 PM
Y

Such as?

I don’t remember Mitchell going down on Sunday so I’m not talking about this injury specifically.

Injuries can be prevented though in some cases. Are we overtraining? Are the players doing a suitable warm up? Are the players doing suitable training? Are the physios doing their job properly to help players recover? Are the sports scientists doing their part? The nutritionists?

We had Magennis out injured for 2 months or so earlier in the season before Jack Ross announced we didn’t even know what’s wrong with him. Why was that? Was someone behind the scenes not doing their job as well as they should? It’s not often players get injured and nobody knows why 2 months later. It’s also not often teams get so many injuries. Is it just coincidence both have happened to us? Who knows but imo it’s worth asking the question.

There’s a multitude of things clubs can do to try and minimise injuries. We might well not be able to do much more and we might have horrendous luck. We might also not be doing as well in certain areas as we should be and it could be contributing to some of the injuries we’re getting.

Diclonius
17-02-2022, 05:14 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

Billy Whizz
17-02-2022, 05:16 PM
I saw him today at the Gyle, didn’t think he was wearing a moon boot

Since452
17-02-2022, 05:17 PM
Jesus..

SChibs
17-02-2022, 05:19 PM
Do we get more injuries than most teams or is it that we don't pay attention to other teams as much as we do Hibs. So we aren't as aware of the injury situation elsewhere? It would be good to see a breakdown of each squad and the weeks missed by each player to make a comparison

Crunchie
17-02-2022, 05:20 PM
I don’t remember Mitchell going down on Sunday so I’m not talking about this injury specifically.

Injuries can be prevented though in some cases. Are we overtraining? Are the players doing a suitable warm up? Are the players doing suitable training? Are the physios doing their job properly to help players recover? Are the sports scientists doing their part? The nutritionists?

We had Magennis out injured for 2 months or so earlier in the season before Jack Ross announced we didn’t even know what’s wrong with him. Why was that? Was someone behind the scenes not doing their job as well as they should? It’s not often players get injured and nobody knows why 2 months later. It’s also not often teams get so many injuries. Is it just coincidence both have happened to us? Who knows but imo it’s worth asking the question.

There’s a multitude of things clubs can do to try and minimise injuries. We might well not be able to do much more and we might have horrendous luck. We might also not be doing as well in certain areas as we should be and it could be contributing to some of the injuries we’re getting.
Then again it might just be plain old bad luck. I'd send our backroom team a wee email as I doubt you'll get the clarification you're looking for on here.

Diclonius
Hibs line-up, Scottish Cup final 2022: Busch, Cadden, Stevenson, Maloney, Sunshine the Leith Lynx, Jason from Musselburgh (10, favourite player is Lewis Stevenson)

Bridge hibs

There’s a multitude of things clubs can do to try and minimise injuries. We might well not be able to do much more and we might have horrendous luck. We might also not be doing as well in certain areas as we should be and it could be contributing to some of the injuries we’re getting.He went in hard on an Arbroath player, came out second best with a booking and was subbed just after

Green Reaper
Jesus..

He would be handy right now to heal all these injuries

The 90+2
17-02-2022, 05:21 PM
Story of the guys career so far, sadly.

Unseen work
17-02-2022, 05:21 PM
Don’t recall him appearing injured when he went off so I’d be surprised if it’s that bad from the game. To walk off and then be in a protective boot and be waiting on scan results seems odd.

Either way it’s a sickener.

Looked like we finally had a good balance and now this means Doig will move to wing back and it leaves us without a left centre back. Does Stevenson go back there if Newell is fit? Is Newell even fit?

Maloney has had no luck

The 90+2
17-02-2022, 05:23 PM
Don’t recall him appearing injured when he went off so I’d be surprised if it’s that bad from the game. To walk off and then be in a protective boot and be waiting on scan results seems odd.

Looked like we finally had a good balance and now this means Doig will move to wing back and it leaves us without a left centre back. Does Stevenson go back there if Newell is fit? Is Newell even fit?

Maloney has had no luck

You would hope Hanlon is almost fit.

Stubbsy90+2
17-02-2022, 05:29 PM
Then again it might just be plain old bad luck. I'd send our backroom team a wee email as I doubt you'll get the clarification you're looking for on here.

It might well be. The Magennis fiasco would at least have me questioning it though.

Mr. Wonderful
17-02-2022, 05:32 PM
Do you think we are telling him to go flying into a daft tackle?

Loved the commitment but it was at least a 30/70 challenge. Stupid stuff

Allant1981
17-02-2022, 05:32 PM

He was injured during a game, how do you suppose that stops?

Allant1981
17-02-2022, 05:39 PM
Push jasper out wide left, or doig, least we have options now and good options

brog
17-02-2022, 05:39 PM
St Johnstone currently have 6 1st team players out injured. Injuries happen.

Big_Franck
17-02-2022, 05:43 PM
This has been the story of Demetri's career so far unfortunately.

Stubbsy90+2
17-02-2022, 05:44 PM
He was injured during a game, how do you suppose that stops?

He was.

As I said though, I’d questioned it before the Mitchell injury, so it’s not so much his specific injury I’m questioning. There’ll be some of them, such as his one, will have been unavoidable.

Allant1981
17-02-2022, 05:50 PM
He was.

As I said though, I’d questioned it before the Mitchell injury, so it’s not so much his specific injury I’m questioning. There’ll be some of them, such as his one, will have been unavoidable.

Have most of our recent injuries not came from games though, macey, newell, mitchell, doidge, hanlon, mcginn, not sure about Magennis

Stubbsy90+2
17-02-2022, 05:52 PM
Have most of our recent injuries not came from games though, macey, newell, mitchell, doidge, hanlon, mcginn, not sure about Magennis

An injury can happen in a game and still be avoidable though. If people keep pulling up in games with muscular injuries for example then you’d have to question our methods of training, medical team, sports science etc.

It’s not always just purely bad luck.

Allant1981
17-02-2022, 05:54 PM
An injury can happen in a game and still be avoidable though. If people keep pulling up in games with muscular injuries for example then you’d have to question our methods of training, medical team, sports science etc.

How many of them have been muscular? Out of the ones i have mentioned(possibly a couple more) i dont think any of them have been

Stubbsy90+2
17-02-2022, 06:16 PM
How many of them have been muscular? Out of the ones i have mentioned(possibly a couple more) i dont think any of them have been

I’ve no idea how many have been muscular. They don’t always have to be muscular to be avoidable though.

JamesHFC
17-02-2022, 06:24 PM
One injury free week would be nice.

Diclonius
17-02-2022, 06:26 PM
Who will win in the Hibs injury pools next week? Latest odds below:
Bushiri 3/1
Cadden 7/2
Porteous 8/1
Doyle-Hayes 10/1
Wright 1000/1

Stubbsy90+2
17-02-2022, 06:26 PM
One injury free week would be nice.

It certainly would :agree:

Ronniekirk
17-02-2022, 06:50 PM
This one was bad luck. He injured himself flying in to a challenge on Sunday.

A tackle he didn’t need to make Imo
And certainly not going in the way he did

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CentreLine
17-02-2022, 07:40 PM
A tackle he didn’t need to make Imo
And certainly not going in the way he did

His leg took a huge bend in the tackle. I’m actually surprised it didn’t give way but it looks like it did some serious damage nonetheless

Viva_Palmeiras
17-02-2022, 07:50 PM
St Johnstone currently have 6 1st team players out injured. Injuries happen.

havent the lessers also been bleating about injuries to their precious ones?

HoboHarry
18-02-2022, 02:16 AM
havent the lessers also been bleating about injuries to their precious ones?

Yes, their latest is the player who fell and broke all 12 of of his fingers....

Hibby Kay-Yay
18-02-2022, 06:33 AM
Whilst this is unfortunate, we do have cover on that side. I’d be more concerned about losing Cadden just now although you could argue we have McGinn as cover there.

GreenCastle
18-02-2022, 06:44 AM

It’s not always just purely bad luck.

This is right.

Mitchell has played 6 games in short space of time with limited rest after not much football previously.

But it does seem this was more of an impact injury rather than pull. If you see the replay of it - it’s an awkward challenge.

There could easily be another player injured in a few weeks due to muscular injury playing lots of games in short space of time. Rocky for example has gone from playing not much football to lots of 90 mins. Let’s hope not but wouldn’t surprise me as players do need recovery time also - I’m sure Hibs sports scientists are wary of this and be monitoring it all.

Jones28
18-02-2022, 06:53 AM
Seems to be lots of teams struggling with injuries at the moment. Us, Celtic and St Johnston seem to have a fair list of first team players unavailable.

Seems like it’s been a couple of seasons since we had everyone fit consistently.

McGruber
18-02-2022, 07:05 AM

Maloney has had no luck

You must have missed the replay of the tackle Mitchell flew into and gof booked for. It looked like his lower leg bent the wrong way and he had done damage. Was surprised he continued for a bit.

Would be a blow but hopefully Hanlon on the way back - wide options from Doig, Cadden, Jasper. Also - not sure, was it Dundee Utd that brought on a 16 year old at the weekend for his debut? The Norwegian lad Hague is what 20 with 1st team experience in Norway top league and prefers left wing, why not? I get the slow and cautious approach, new league, new country etc but we take the cautious approach to the extreme lately.

Mr. Wonderful
18-02-2022, 08:23 AM
Good thing we still have #greatscott

Hibbyradge
18-02-2022, 08:24 AM
I’ve no idea how many have been muscular. They don’t always have to be muscular to be avoidable though.

What should we do about this?

Mcbizz1998
18-02-2022, 08:34 AM
Bit of a disaster tbh. Feels like we have having no luck at the moment. If we can get a run without injuries then I think we will be just fine.

Stubbsy90+2
18-02-2022, 08:42 AM
What should we do about this?

Maybe we should change the way we train - frequency, intensity, methods. Maybe we should employ medical personnel who can pinpoint the injuries our players have successfully and quickly. Maybe we should get a new strength and conditioning coach who can get the players into a condition to avoid some of the injuries they’re picking up.

There’s a lot teams can do to reduce the chance of injuries. I’m not suggesting Hibs aren’t doing this, I’m not suggesting the people in these posts are incompetent, but it would be lazy if the club are to just put it down as bad luck and not be looking deeper into it considering how many injuries we get.

neil7908
18-02-2022, 08:49 AM
Maybe we should change the way we train - frequency, intensity, methods. Maybe we should employ medical personnel who can pinpoint the injuries our players have successfully and quickly. Maybe we should get a new strength and conditioning coach who can get the players into a condition to avoid some of the injuries they’re picking up.

There’s a lot teams can do to reduce the chance of injuries. I’m not suggesting Hibs aren’t doing this, I’m not suggesting the people in these posts are incompetent, but it would be lazy if the club are to just put it down as bad luck and not be looking deeper into it considering how many injuries we get.

The other option is, are we signing injury prone players?

Stubbsy90+2
18-02-2022, 08:52 AM

There’s that to consider as well. :agree:

Jim44
18-02-2022, 09:17 AM
I vaguely remember Rangers or Celtic were accused/deemed guilty of training methods leading to an excessive number of player injuries.

CapitalGreen
18-02-2022, 09:17 AM

Are the club just putting it down to bad luck?

Stubbsy90+2
18-02-2022, 09:19 AM
Are the club just putting it down to bad luck?

I’ve no idea, hence why I said if.

Hopefully we’re looking deeper into why we’re getting so many injuries and what can be done better.

superfurryhibby
18-02-2022, 09:21 AM

Someone has already mentioned that Mitchell has a history of injuries whilst at previous clubs.

Ronniekirk
18-02-2022, 10:54 AM
Someone has already mentioned that Mitchell has a history of injuries whilst at previous clubs.

He has had injuries and having got Murphy and Mackie off the books the last thing we needed was another player prone to injury But he has scored two goals so far so let’s hope this is just a short term lay off

superfurryhibby
18-02-2022, 10:58 AM
He has had injuries and having got Murphy and Mackie off the books the last thing we needed was another player prone to injury But he has scored two goals so far so let’s hope this is just a short term lay off

It's always a gamble and perhaps we get a better standard of player, but like Magennis, they are no use when sitting in the stand most weeks.

Keith_M
18-02-2022, 11:19 AM
I'm not sure why some people are (over)reacting to Stubbsy90+2's comments like some seem to be, as he only raised a reasonable question of whether there's something Hibs might be doing wrong in training or whatever.

As far as I can make out, he's not saying there is definitely an issue and I don't see any agenda on his part.

Stubbsy90+2
18-02-2022, 11:29 AM
I'm not sure why some people are (over)reacting to Stubbsy90+2's comments like some seem to be, as he only raised a reasonable question of whether there's something Hibs might be doing wrong in training or whatever.

As far as I can make out, he's not saying there is definitely an issue and I don't see any agenda on his part.

:agree:

We might have done absolutely everything we possibly could have to prevent injuries. We may have the best in their field in every position within the club that we could reasonably recruit.

I’m in no way suggesting that anyone at Hibs is incompetent or that there’s some sinister plot to sabotage our season from within.

ahibby
18-02-2022, 11:36 AM

I think a few of us have had the same thoughts and personally when I heard that Harry Clarke had been injured in training, that thought was reinforced. We heard that SM has a training regime/philosophy which includes high intensity, or words to that effect, much like the intensity they'd experience on match days or even higher. If SM needs that level of intensity in training so that they produce what he wants on match days, then that's how it goes. Keeping in mind though that not all injuries have been suffered in training and some are impact injuries anyway. Further, at this time of year when conditions are bad, the body must be under extra pressure to fight of all sorts of things perhaps leaving body systems a bit weaker compared to other times of the year, just a thought and I have absolutely no medical evidence to support it, oh dear.

EdinMike
18-02-2022, 02:09 PM
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/update-on-demetri-mitchell

Not looking good then it seems.

Since452
18-02-2022, 02:15 PM
Our long term injury list has been pretty mental.

Magennis
Doidge
Newell
Hanlon
McGinn
Mitchell
Clarke

Really frustrating. Hopefully we have more luck next season.

04Sauzee
18-02-2022, 02:16 PM
As originally posted out for Saturday and sounding like he could be out for a good while. Tomorrow we are missing

McGinn
Clarke
Hanlon
Magennis
Mitchell
Newell

Heisenberg
18-02-2022, 02:18 PM
Our long term injury list has been pretty mental.

Magennis
Doidge
Newell
Hanlon
McGinn
Mitchell
Clarke

Really frustrating. Hopefully we have more luck next season.

From what I can remember we were quite lucky with injuries and Covid last season. Definitely caught up to us this time around.

West lower
18-02-2022, 02:22 PM
So, same team as last week with Mueller replacing Mitchell I would guess.

Scooter
18-02-2022, 02:38 PM
We’ve got some really talented young players; they will have moments of inconsistency, but we will have to support them. They’ll have to show us what they can do against Ross County.”

I wonder if he's planting the seed for Melkersen

hibbyfraelibby
18-02-2022, 02:50 PM
There is a difference between soft tissue injuries and contact injuries. A fair proportion of our bad luck has recently been as a result of contact injuries either in league games but more worryingly in "bounce" games against part time cloggers from Raith, Dumfermline and more importantly a Queens Park team under the direction of a recently dismissed assistant head coach.

Heisenberg
18-02-2022, 03:00 PM
We could do with another midfielder to cover injuries. Wonder if we’re the club in Scotland interested? Think he might’ve been at Hull/Wigan with Maloney too.

https://twitter.com/ryantaylorsport/status/1494702794401628160?s=21

No idea why but the journalist has deleted his tweet. Was about Mo Diame.

ahibby
18-02-2022, 03:03 PM
There is a difference between soft tissue injuries and contact injuries. A fair proportion of our bad luck has recently been as a result of contact injuries either in league games but more worryingly in "bounce" games against part time cloggers from Raith, Dumfermline and more importantly a Queens Park team under the direction of a recently dismissed assistant head coach.

Putting you on the spot, which three of our six injured players are out because of those games against Raith, Dunfermline and Queens Park?

Unseen work
18-02-2022, 03:06 PM
We could do with another midfielder to cover injuries. Wonder if we’re the club in Scotland interested? Think he might’ve been at Hull/Wigan with Maloney too.

https://twitter.com/ryantaylorsport/status/1494702794401628160?s=21

No idea why but the journalist has deleted his tweet. Was about Mo Diame.

What did his tweet say?

Heisenberg
18-02-2022, 03:07 PM
What did his tweet say?

Just that he has options in Scotland and MLS. Move to West Brom was possible but not happening anymore.

Unseen work
18-02-2022, 03:11 PM
Just that he has options in Scotland and MLS. Move to West Brom was possible but not happening anymore.

Cheers.

Certainly an interesting one and I’m sure someone on here has mentioned his name before, although unsure if that was guesswork.

There was also chat on TDD about us signing an experienced minefielder that was a free agent.

We certainly need something.

Tambo
18-02-2022, 03:12 PM
Nae luck this season with injures.

Stubbsy90+2
18-02-2022, 03:14 PM
Would imagine the free agent ship has sailed (or maybe that should say I hope it has).

We’re now 3 weeks at least of these guys not having a club. We’ll be another few weeks before they’re really ready to play no doubt and by that point we’ll be mid March.

If we were going to do it then it had to be done within the first week or so of the window being shut.

Mcbizz1998
18-02-2022, 03:20 PM
As originally posted out for Saturday and sounding like he could be out for a good while. Tomorrow we are missing

McGinn
Clarke
Hanlon
Magennis
Mitchell
Newell

Any idea how long Newell is out for?

Hibiza
18-02-2022, 03:55 PM
" Haste ye back" - Demi Sur .

Sir David Gray
18-02-2022, 04:00 PM
Could not make this up if you tried. 🙄

davhibby
18-02-2022, 08:49 PM
I wonder if we might see Hauge at wingback tomorrow

1875Sean
18-02-2022, 08:58 PM
On the plus side means doig will play on the left, much better there than playing in a back three

MWHIBBIES
18-02-2022, 10:10 PM
On the plus side means doig will play on the left, much better there than playing in a back three

Think left centre back is going to be Doigs position under Maloney long term. He has all the attributes to be really good at it as well, baring his lapses in concentration.

1875Sean
18-02-2022, 10:21 PM
Think left centre back is going to be Doigs position under Maloney long term. He has all the attributes to be really good at it as well, baring his lapses in concentration.

Not for me, he got young player of the year because of his energy and running up and down the wing, looks very suspect in a back 3

Unseen work
18-02-2022, 10:26 PM
Not for me, he got young player of the year because of his energy and running up and down the wing, looks very suspect in a back 3

Agreed

For me centre defender/left of a back 3 exposes all of his weaknesses and doesn’t show any of his strengths.

If you could get his final ball/goals in his game what a wing back he’s be. It’s got to be his position long term.

Unseen work
18-02-2022, 10:32 PM
I wonder if we might see Hauge at wingback tomorrow

Did wonder this myself, the Bodo coach said that is where he thought his best position was.

Can’t see it however given he’s never been in the squad

MWHIBBIES
18-02-2022, 10:34 PM

Agreed

For me centre defender/left of a back 3 exposes all of his weaknesses and doesn’t show any of his strengths.

If you could get his final ball/goals in his game what a wing back he’s be. It’s got to be his position long term.

I don't disagree, but his attacking contribution just isn't as good as Mitchell can give us, although Josh did have a very good first half in the derby on that left side.

We'll have to see, but turning full backs into wide central defenders is the trendy thing these days. FWIW, I much prefer Hanlon at LCB and Doig LWB, but Maloney may think different.

Smartie
18-02-2022, 10:39 PM

I'm not a fan of him playing there at all. His basic defending - winning headers, tackles, positioning, tracking runners etc, don't look good enough to me to play CH.

He's an excellent wingback and his best attributes are attacking ones.

If Doig starts, he plays the position Mitchell has been playing and if Mitchell is to also play, he plays further forward.

Hanlon's probably first choice there, Stevenson second choice, Doig is a shove by if Hanlon is out and Stevenson is needed in midfield (like last week).

Stevie Reid
18-02-2022, 11:42 PM
I'm not a fan of him playing there at all. His basic defending - winning headers, tackles, positioning, tracking runners etc, don't look good enough to me to play CH.

He's an excellent wingback and his best attributes are attacking ones.

If Doig starts, he plays the position Mitchell has been playing and if Mitchell is to also play, he plays further forward.

Hanlon's probably first choice there, Stevenson second choice, Doig is a shove by if Hanlon is out and Stevenson is needed in midfield (like last week).

Agree with this. IIRC, in the second SPL season under McLeish, after we came back up, he decided to play Laursen at LCB and Murray at LWB. Murray always played well for us and Laursen was an excellent defender, but we really missed his powerful runs in his old position- and I think we were worse off for it.

judas
19-02-2022, 09:05 AM
Agree with this. IIRC, in the second SPL season under McLeish, after we came back up, he decided to play Laursen at LCB and Murray at LWB. Murray always played well for us and Laursen was an excellent defender, but we really missed his powerful runs in his old position- and I think we were worse off for it.

Murray was a good player and yet the weakest link in that team.

Maybe the best starting 11 I’ve seen at Hibs.

Laursen was an absolute powerhouse in the LWB role.

Remember him playing there against Hearts at tiny. They couldn’t handle him.

Carheenlea
22-02-2022, 07:54 PM
Not as bad as initially thought.

Some good news

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/mitchell-allays-injury-fears-3581474

GreenNWhiteArmy
22-02-2022, 08:11 PM
5 games before the international break

If we can get out of that with 7 or more points, and a win in the Scottish Cup 1/4 then I'll be delighted

Hopefully post break we'll have most if not all back for the run in?

JohnM1875
22-02-2022, 08:34 PM
Not as bad as initially thought.

Some good news

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/mitchell-allays-injury-fears-3581474

That's definitely good news. Was fearing the worst for Demi after Maloney's comments before the County game.

loanheadhibby
24-02-2022, 08:50 PM
[QUOTE=Stuart93;6861826]Are all the injuries we’ve had in the last couple months/this season in general purely coincidental?

I may be talking more out of disappointment but when are some of these guys going to play for us again.
I'm talking about Magennis, Newell, Clarke, McGinn and in particular Hanlon.
I realise if you're injured your injured but we never seem to be a club that gets a player back sooner than expected.
Hanlon was supposedly touch and go for the Hearts game and is still struggling for this Saturday.
Forgive my frustration , like everyone else I want our best players out on the park.

cameronw-hfc
24-02-2022, 10:39 PM
I don't think it's a case of Hibs doing wrong, similar to Klopp when he took over Liverpool(no im not claiming maloneys on the same level, but same premise here)

When Klopp took over he tried to up the tempo mid season, as we know, it's worked a dream in the long run but at the time they were pulling up with injuries left right and centre. Got into pre-season and the next season he had the team at the level of fitness needed.

I think something similar is going on here. We've been pressing early a lot, then dying out as the game goes on and Maloney has spoken about a high press, whereas in Ross it was more of a low block + counter.

So not Hibs or Maloneys fault, or the players really, just different styles of play require different levels of fitness and we currently don't have the levels needed.

ian cruise
25-02-2022, 07:53 AM
I don't think it's a case of Hibs doing wrong, similar to Klopp when he took over Liverpool(no im not claiming maloneys on the same level, but same premise here)

When Klopp took over he tried to up the tempo mid season, as we know, it's worked a dream in the long run but at the time they were pulling up with injuries left right and centre. Got into pre-season and the next season he had the team at the level of fitness needed.

I think something similar is going on here. We've been pressing early a lot, then dying out as the game goes on and Maloney has spoken about a high press, whereas in Ross it was more of a low block + counter.

So not Hibs or Maloneys fault, or the players really, just different styles of play require different levels of fitness and we currently don't have the levels needed.

This is where I am with the situation. Yeah it's not ideal but as long as we're remaining in the running for top 4 I'm not getting too stressed about too much.

It's a learning curve for players to the new style and expectations, it's effectively a really prolonged preseason. I am expecting it to start paying off next season though.