PDA

View Full Version : Agm 2022

Rick Rude
17-02-2022, 10:11 AM
Just had a letter through the door from Ron saying AGM is to be 3 March this year.

No accounts being sent out (in order to be the greenest club) but club made a net profit of £919k.

H18 SFR
17-02-2022, 10:19 AM
Just had a letter through the door from Ron saying AGM is to be 3 March this year.

No accounts being sent out (in order to be the greenest club) but club made a net profit of £919k.

Does that include the Boyle transfer fee do you I think?

CropleyWasGod
17-02-2022, 10:20 AM

No. The accounts are for last season.

Rick Rude
17-02-2022, 10:23 AM
Does include £2.15m of business interruption insurance though - big well done to whoever it was that took out that policy!

Billy Whizz
17-02-2022, 10:25 AM

No, these are up to June 2021
Presume there’s money from Furlough and Pandemic insurance in these
A profit is an excellent performance, but want to see the detail

Rick Rude
17-02-2022, 10:32 AM
Copy of the letter here with a bit more detail:

Hibs90
17-02-2022, 10:34 AM
Profit is profit which all things considered is good going.

GloryGlory
17-02-2022, 10:39 AM
No, these are up to June 2020, so almost 2 years old in a few months
Presume there’s money from Furlough and Pandemic insurance in these
A profit is an excellent performance, but want to see the detail

Actually for the year to end June 2021.

Yes - the accounts include business interruption ins accrued income £2.15M (although cash £1.6M not received until Sep 2021 so assume the rest was received during 2020-21), furlough income £350k. Also got a Scottish Government zero interest loan £2.88M, repayable over 20 years starting Sep 2022. Cash in hand at the year end increased to £6.95M from £5.36M the previous year. £600k in donations from directors and HSL.

GloryGlory
17-02-2022, 10:40 AM
Profit is profit which all things considered is good going.

It's offsetting most of the loss made the previous year.

Daniel 1875
17-02-2022, 10:42 AM
Nice to see the £300,000+ of donations from Hibernian Supporters specifically mentioned this time around. Well done to everyone who has supported and continues to support via HSL.

Billy Whizz
17-02-2022, 10:43 AM

Yes - the accounts include business interruption ins accrued income £2.15M (although cash £1.6M not received until Sep 2021 so assume the rest was received during 2020-21), furlough income £350k. Also got a Scottish Government zero interest loan £2.88M, repayable over 20 years starting Sep 2022. Cash in hand at the year end increased to £6.95M from £5.36M the previous year. £600k in donations from directors and HSL.

I’ve edited my post

Onceinawhile
17-02-2022, 10:57 AM
Not sending out hard copy accounts is fine, but surely there must be a pdf copy being sent out somewhere to shareholders?

You can't just not let them see the accounts surely?

CapitalGreen
17-02-2022, 10:58 AM
Not sending out hard copy accounts is fine, but surely there must be a pdf copy being sent out somewhere to shareholders?

You can't just not let them see the accounts surely?

Did you read the letter? Accounts are available via email upon request.

Hibbyradge
17-02-2022, 11:01 AM
Did you read the letter? Accounts are available via email upon request.

Ach, your additional edit did the hard work for him. :wink:

speedy_gonzales
17-02-2022, 11:02 AM
Can someone please remind me how shareholders change their address?
I moved house last August, but up until now, have completely forgotten who to email to update details.

Billy Whizz
17-02-2022, 11:03 AM

Over £2.1m in insurance, got to give Leanne Dempster massive credit for having this

Pagan Hibernia
17-02-2022, 11:09 AM
£900k profit? £7million cash in hand? Nah. You’re all wrong. Kickback said we were bust

CapitalGreen
17-02-2022, 11:10 AM
Can someone please remind me how shareholders change their address?
I moved house last August, but up until now, have completely forgotten who to email to update details.

Email [email protected]

weecounty hibby
17-02-2022, 11:18 AM
Now I struggle to budget for a weekend on the piss but even to me that all looks like good news in the current climate. Business interruption insurance was total genius on someone's part. Well do e to whoever took that out

Jones28
17-02-2022, 11:24 AM
RoN tHe CoN

Since452
17-02-2022, 11:27 AM
£900k profit? £7million cash in hand? Nah. You’re all wrong. Kickback said we were bust

Tick Tock they said?

Sean1875
17-02-2022, 11:38 AM
We're ****ing minted :cb

Bostonhibby
17-02-2022, 11:53 AM
£900k profit? £7million cash in hand? Nah. You’re all wrong. Kickback said we were bustLet's face it, they've got so much more recent experience of what it takes, or doesn't take to go bust.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

1 8 7 5
17-02-2022, 11:54 AM
All things considered, these are exellant numbers. Well done Hibernian!

chippy
17-02-2022, 11:57 AM
Nice to see the £300,000+ of donations from Hibernian Supporters specifically mentioned this time around. Well done to everyone who has supported and continues to support via HSL.
Yes Dan great for HS to be recognised and also great to see other director donations

hibby6270
17-02-2022, 12:45 PM
Not had my letter yet but from the snippets of info mentioned here, a £2.88m loan from Scot Gov?

I appreciate “it’s business” but from being a debt free club just a short 3 years ago under Farmer and Petrie, the club now have a long term creditor obligation that we have fought hard for years to eliminate.

Is that a good thing?
The finance wizards/experts on here will say - yes - it’s a perfectly normal business decision to take this type of finance on. However, the less well informed (e.g. paranoid Jamboids looking in) will see this as a debt that has been necessary to shore up the club’s finances (not the case but hopefully you can see where I’m coming from!)

Dalianwanda
17-02-2022, 12:49 PM
Not had my letter yet but from the snippets of info mentioned here, a £2.88m loan from Scot Gov?

I appreciate “it’s business” but from being a debt free club just a short 3 years ago under Farmer and Petrie, the club now have a long term creditor obligation that we have fought hard for years to eliminate.

Is that a good thing?
The finance wizards/experts on here will say - yes - it’s a perfectly normal business decision to take this type of finance on. However, the less well informed (e.g. paranoid Jamboids looking in) will see this as a debt that has been necessary to shore up the club’s finances (not the case but hopefully you can see where I’m coming from!)

Don’t think the Jambos can say anything about recent finances. We’ve just coming out of one of the most difficult financial couple of seasons in Scottish football history. I’m not financial brain as the mrs will testify to but personally think it’s great.

Hibs4185
17-02-2022, 12:59 PM
Pretty incredible situation if you ask me given the pandemic. I was expecting bad news but it’s actually positive and we have the Boyle money to bank for next years accounts.

Well done all Hibees

CropleyWasGod
17-02-2022, 01:01 PM

Is that a good thing?

The alternative was obviously not a viable option. An interest-free loan over 20 years is a pretty good deal.

cocteautwin
17-02-2022, 01:12 PM
I’m astonished there was £900k profit. Does that include 3 Hampden visits though?

danhibees1875
17-02-2022, 01:20 PM
The alternative was obviously not a viable option. An interest-free loan over 20 years is a pretty good deal.

:agree:

There's no reason to turn that down.

Was that part of a scheme available to all football clubs? Such a thing rings a bell but I wasn't sure on the details.

The 90+2
17-02-2022, 01:25 PM
How did we manage profit of that much?

Prize money for League and Cup?

CapitalGreen
17-02-2022, 01:28 PM
I’m astonished there was £900k profit. Does that include 3 Hampden visits though?

4 vists to Hampden. Hearts Semi, Dun Utd semi & St Johnstone x2, however there was no gate receipts for any of those.

Since90+2
17-02-2022, 01:29 PM

Did we only make a profit due to the loan, or is that considered seperate? If we made a profit without that, you've got to say it's a phenomenal achievement. If the profit includes the loan, then it's not really profit.

MKHIBEE
17-02-2022, 01:30 PM

Is that a good thing?

Who the hell cares wtf others think.? They will just spout more Scheit for us to laugh at

danhibees1875
17-02-2022, 01:31 PM

Those things would certainly have helped keep our core revenue higher - it was still down £400k from the previous year.

Then the £2.15M insurance proceeds certainly helps. :greengrin

We added £1M to intangible assets. Who did we sign in that period, Nisbet and Magennis?

Pagan Hibernia
17-02-2022, 01:38 PM

Is that a good thing?

simply no other way of surviving a season of empty stadiums.

club looks fiscally stable and sustainable to me. I would expect to see profits grow as RG’s business plan is allowed to develop and commercial partnerships bear fruit

danhibees1875
17-02-2022, 01:38 PM
Did we only make a profit due to the loan, or is that considered seperate? If we made a profit without that, you've got to say it's a phenomenal achievement. If the profit includes the loan, then it's not really profit.

It doesn't include the loan. :aok:

The 90+2
17-02-2022, 01:48 PM
Those things would certainly have helped keep our core revenue higher - it was still down £400k from the previous year.

We added £1M to intangible assets. Who did we sign in that period, Nisbet and Magennis?

Cheers, makes more sense now and yeah, Nisbet not MacGennis. Dan McKay though, sold Mallan. Cadden we signed and Josh Doig has became more of an asset.

overdrive
17-02-2022, 01:52 PM

The drop in turnover that seems to be mainly attributable to reduced gate receipts needs to be viewed in line with the reduction in opex which seems to be mainly in relation to reduced costs due to not having fans in the stadium. On the face of it from the figures in the letter, it would appear to almost offset each other. Hard to tell without seeing what else is included in both figures aside from the “mainly” items relating to closed door football.

danhibees1875
17-02-2022, 01:56 PM
Cheers, makes more sense now and yeah, Nisbet not MacGennis. Dan McKay though, sold Mallan. Cadden we signed and Josh Doig has became more of an asset.

Thanks. :aok:

Sold players are listed separately to disposals. Mallan would be there, part of the £400k figure.

Players becoming more valuable internally also wouldn't be reflected (I don't think - accounting for footballers is always a bit of a murky area for me).

The £1M additions would all be players bought in that year (and associated fees apparently) - Nisbet, Mackay and Cadden - allowing for the cost to be spread over the number of years on the contract... I'm then not entirely sure if it gets altered when/if players sign new contracts.

Stubbsy90+2
17-02-2022, 01:56 PM
I can’t quite believe that but that’s outstanding news although it does appear that profit has come about because of a loan.

Still good though.

danhibees1875
17-02-2022, 02:00 PM
I can’t quite believe that but that’s outstanding news although it does appear that profit has come about because of a loan.

Still good though.

Insurance proceeds. Not the loan. :aok:

overdrive
17-02-2022, 02:01 PM

Is that a good thing?

The letter states it is interest free. I think it’s a fairy sensible thing to have done. The club, at the time, were probably worried at how long the closed door football was going to go on for. Yes, it seems to have been OK financially speaking up to now mainly due to lots of people buying a ST with little expectation of getting to the games but, let’s say if we were going into next season (which at the time would be a third season) with no fans again, you would expect a lot of fans to not renew.

The loan would offer some protection against that risk.

The 90+2
17-02-2022, 02:13 PM
Insurance proceeds. Not the loan. :aok:

And the proceeds would have been accounted for in the budget for the whole year so it's all good.

hibeg
17-02-2022, 02:16 PM

I think it is a great deal !
I would guess just about every club who were offered it, would snap it up from the SG

hibee-boys
17-02-2022, 02:16 PM
Whoever decided to include business interruption insurance within the club insurance policy deserves a bonus!🤪

hibee-boys
17-02-2022, 02:19 PM
I wonder if the club have viewed the interest free loan as an investment opportunity thus why they’ve built on the academy/B team plans. Just takes 1 decent player player to breakthrough with a good sell on fee to recoup the borrowing cost.

The 90+2
17-02-2022, 02:19 PM
Thanks. :aok:

Sold players are listed separately to disposals. Mallan would be there, part of the £400k figure.

Players becoming more valuable internally also wouldn't be reflected (I don't think - accounting for footballers is always a bit of a murky area for me).

The £1M additions would all be players bought in that year (and associated fees apparently) - Nisbet, Mackay and Cadden - allowing for the cost to be spread over the number of years on the contract... I'm then not entirely sure if it gets altered when/if players sign new contracts.

Me neither, seems a new thing to do.

The 90+2
17-02-2022, 02:20 PM
Whoever decided to include business interruption insurance within the club insurance policy deserves a bonus!🤪

All clubs have it apart from one (can't remember who) in the Premiership. Hearts got money they didn't have to payback as they got relegated to the fizzy leagues and the Government helped out diddy clubs like them more.

Keith_M
17-02-2022, 02:26 PM
So we've got £1M to put towards the safe standing area at the front of the East Stand.

:greengrin

Newry Hibs
17-02-2022, 02:32 PM

Especially if you put it in a high-interest* account and pay it down over the 20 years.

*If indeed they exist these days.

overdrive
17-02-2022, 02:37 PM
I wonder if the club have viewed the interest free loan as an investment opportunity thus why they’ve built on the academy/B team plans. Just takes 1 decent player player to breakthrough with a good sell on fee to recoup the borrowing cost.

There appears to be no borrowing cost. It was interest free.

I did have a similar thought about 'investment'. Likewise, it might help us be more confident in paying out fees for players. I genuinely don't think that's why we took it - as I said in the previous post I think the club will have been genuinely worried as to how long attendance restrictions would be in place. Once that issue became clearer, I think that it would absolutely be a consideration.

overdrive
17-02-2022, 02:38 PM
For anyone (shareholder) keen to see the accounts, I emailed to ask for them and I received them within 5 minutes :aok:

PatHead
17-02-2022, 03:03 PM
Over £2.1m in insurance, got to give Leanne Dempster massive credit for having this
Leeann gave the credit for that to Rod Petrie. There were cheaper policies on the market but he wanted the best one which included cover in a pandemic. Most other clubs took the cheaper option.

As you know I was never a great fan of Rod and felt he should have gone after our relegation. Have to give him credit for that choice though.

PatHead
17-02-2022, 03:06 PM
All clubs have it apart from one (can't remember who) in the Premiership. Hearts got money they didn't have to payback as they got relegated to the fizzy leagues and the Government helped out diddy clubs like them more.

As I mentioned in another post, most clubs did have cover but not as wide as ours. They did not get a full payment. Just shows cost isn't the only consideration to take into account when taking out insurance.

PatHead
17-02-2022, 03:09 PM

There's no reason to turn that down.

Was that part of a scheme available to all football clubs? Such a thing rings a bell but I wasn't sure on the details.
If memory serves me did lower league clubs like Hearts get a grant which was non-repayable while Premiership clubs got a loan?

The 90+2
17-02-2022, 03:11 PM
As I mentioned in another post, most clubs did have cover but not as wide as ours. They did not get a full payment. Just shows cost isn't the only consideration to take into account when taking out insurance.

Sound, cheers. :aok:

The 90+2
17-02-2022, 03:12 PM
If memory serves me did lower league clubs like Hearts get a grant which was non-repayable while Premiership clubs got a loan?

Yeah I said that in the post of mine you quoted :greengrin

hibbysam
17-02-2022, 03:24 PM
Yeah I said that in the post of mine you quoted :greengrin

You were replying to a post about the business interruption insurance thoufh which is separate to the government loans/grants.

Not many clubs were covered by insurance.

All clubs took the loan/grant with the exception of Celtic I’m sure.

jacomo
17-02-2022, 04:25 PM

Is that a good thing?

I don’t think we had much choice. That’s what global pandemics do for you.

As debt goes, it’s as good a deal as you can get.

Peanut Shaz
17-02-2022, 04:35 PM
There's no mention of attending as a proxy in the letter. I usually go in place of my Dad who is now housebound. Usually they ask for details of the proxy.
Anyone know if I can still attend? If not I'll drop them an email.

Caversham Green
17-02-2022, 04:44 PM

Is that a good thing?

At 30 June we had just under £7m in the bank with a further £1.5m to come in September. That means we could have paid off the loan in full and still had more than £4m to play with, but retaining the loan means we have more money for player purchases and wages now (and for the future if we haven't blown it all this season). The only down side is that we have to pay back £144k per year for the next 20 years unless we choose to pay it off early. There is no interest being charged and to echo what danhibees1875 has been saying the loan has absolutely no effect on profits for this or any future year.

So, IMO it is a very good thing.

Brightside
17-02-2022, 04:44 PM

Is that a good thing?

It’s free money.

Brightside
17-02-2022, 04:47 PM
I don’t think we had much choice. That’s what global pandemics do for you.

As debt goes, it’s as good a deal as you can get.

With my tax payer head on im not a fan. But it was too good to turn down for any club.

Billy Whizz
17-02-2022, 04:55 PM

Thought only Hibs and Dundee had it?

Billy Whizz
17-02-2022, 04:56 PM
Leeann gave the credit for that to Rod Petrie. There were cheaper policies on the market but he wanted the best one which included cover in a pandemic. Most other clubs took the cheaper option.

As you know I was never a great fan of Rod and felt he should have gone after our relegation. Have to give him credit for that choice though.

Team effort then😀

CapitalGreen
17-02-2022, 05:05 PM

Brilliant from Rod 👨🏻👏🏼

The 90+2
17-02-2022, 05:08 PM
Thought only Hibs and Dundee had it?

Maybe the full whack but only Celtic didn't take any offer.

Hibs4185
17-02-2022, 05:14 PM
If anybody got offer a mortgage interest free for 20 years, they’d be snapping the banks hand off, even if they had the cash in the bank.

You can then use your own cash for other beneficial purposes.

The fact we have the cash in the bank to cover the debt is even better

Billy Whizz
17-02-2022, 05:15 PM
Maybe the full whack but only Celtic didn't take any offer.

I mean insurance, not the interest free loan

CropleyWasGod
17-02-2022, 05:29 PM
Brilliant from Rod 👨🏻👏🏼

What you're really trying to say is that Rod was the source of the pandemic, if only to make money out of the policy.

danhibees1875
17-02-2022, 05:34 PM
If anybody got offer a mortgage interest free for 20 years, they’d be snapping the banks hand off, even if they had the cash in the bank.

You can then use your own cash for other beneficial purposes.

The fact we have the cash in the bank to cover the debt is even better

An interest free loan is abnormal to say the least.

Even if you've no intentions to use it you would take it and tuck it away out of sight (any interest is a bonus, fully invested a risk but potentially well rewarded) just in case you did want to borrow in 2,5,10 years time and could then do so on a much cheaper basis.

hibsforeurope
17-02-2022, 06:26 PM

Always good to make a profit, club has done a great job cutting cloth accordingly. Hopefully next year we see more investment from the board, to even match the HSL donations would be good.

Billy Whizz
17-02-2022, 06:42 PM
Our friends across the city claimed £400k more furlough money than Hibs did, same time frame

Caversham Green
17-02-2022, 06:42 PM
Always good to make a profit, club has done a great job cutting cloth accordingly. Hopefully next year we see more investment from the board, to even match the HSL donations would be good.

I think that's exactly what they've done in 20-21. The second last paragraph of the letter says the clubs received over £600k in donations of which more than £300k came from HSL. The other c£300k would appear to have come from the directors and that suggests to me that Ron has matched the HSL donations. I have a feeling that he was hinting at that when he first took over and spoke about the fans ponying up.

Billy Whizz
17-02-2022, 06:43 PM
I think that's exactly what they've done in 20-21. The second last paragraph of the letter says the clubs received over £600k in donations of which more than £300k came from HSL. The other c£300k would appear to have come from the directors and that suggests to me that Ron has matched the HSL donations. I have a feeling that he was hinting at that when he first took over and spoke about the fans ponying up.

Pony up all he wants, but what are we getting for it!

A Hi-Bee
17-02-2022, 06:44 PM

Does it not say £600k in investment from Directors and HSL, so if HSL donated £300k then the Directors matched this or am I missing something.
:flag::flag::flag:

Caversham Green
17-02-2022, 06:47 PM

For now we've replaced a manager who appeared to be failing, signed a lot of promising players and put up big screens between the stands. Hopefully more to come - time will tell.

Billy Whizz
17-02-2022, 06:49 PM
For now we've replaced a manager who appeared to be failing, signed a lot of promising players and put up big screens between the stands. Hopefully more to come - time will tell.

Sorry what I meant was for the HSL money.

ian cruise
17-02-2022, 06:53 PM

-Funded summer spending in a team that got us to the first cup
-New management team (won't be cheap)
-Seven new signings in Jan
-Opportunities to earn further revenue via screens so less need to increase season ticket prices
-Opportunities for fans to attend games on reduced pricing such as upcoming St Johnstone game

Caversham Green
17-02-2022, 06:55 PM
Sorry what I meant was for the HSL money.

Same thing if I'm following you correctly. The money from both sources is going towards improving the club for the future (I hope). What we're not getting any more is shares in the club and that bothered me a bit at the outset - the way it was done - but now the donations aren't very different from the Save Hearts in Trouble money since they've now acquired ownership over there.

Billy Whizz
17-02-2022, 07:04 PM
Same thing if I'm following you correctly. The money from both sources is going towards improving the club for the future (I hope). What we're not getting any more is shares in the club and that bothered me a bit at the outset - the way it was done - but now the donations aren't very different from the Save Hearts in Trouble money since they've now acquired ownership over there.

Fair enough, thanks for the reply. It’s the lack of recognition for the fans that annoys me. 2 fans directors moved on from the board, and HSL not getting a seat
I think Hibs fans would donate much much more, if HSL had a prominent place within Hibs.
If Ron did get Hibs on the cheap, surely he wants to encourage us help grow the club off the field
Just my opinion

Iggy Pope
17-02-2022, 07:09 PM
Fair enough, thanks for the reply. It’s the lack of recognition for the fans that annoys me. 2 fans directors moved on from the board, and HSL not getting a seat
I think Hibs fans would donate much much more, if HSL had a prominent place within Hibs.
If Ron did get Hibs on the cheap, surely he wants to encourage us help grow the club off the field
Just my opinion

I agree that there remains a bewildering apathy from the club towards HSL. Wonder if any of the HSL team on here are planning to attend. Plenty opportunity to ask why at the AGM questions I suppose.
You making your feelings of discontent known at the AGM Billy?

Golden Bear
17-02-2022, 07:13 PM
I cant say I'm after any recognition for following my team. What I do is purely voluntary whether it takes the form of purchasing a season ticket, buying shares or merchandise from the shop.

In return, all I hope for is to witness a decent team on the park.

Billy Whizz
17-02-2022, 07:14 PM
I agree that there remains a bewildering apathy from the club towards HSL. Wonder if any of the HSL team on here are planning to attend. Plenty opportunity to ask why at the AGM questions I suppose.

Great to hear this from you IP, you’re a great supporter of HSL
I’m not a Hibs shareholder, so don’t get an invite to the AGM. Hopefully you and the others can though!

Iggy Pope
17-02-2022, 07:39 PM
Great to hear this from you IP, you’re a great supporter of HSL
I’m not a Hibs shareholder, so don’t get an invite to the AGM. Hopefully you and the others can though!

Certainly intend to ask about their approach to it, given the chance.

Caversham Green
17-02-2022, 07:45 PM
Just my opinion

I don't disagree with you tbh. The current ownership/management model is very different from that promised by STF and Leeann when HSL was set up. Had that promise not been made the idea of the majority shareholder matching donations pound for pound would be great but it's not the fan ownership that was originally envisaged, and given that HSL is a significant minority shareholder and is continuing to donate funds I don't think representation on the board would be unreasonable. As you say it would probably also help to increase donations. In fact, given that Scottish football clubs aren't really businesses in the true sense maybe it should be a requirement for all senior clubs to have a fans rep on the board.

Ringothedog
17-02-2022, 07:52 PM

I feel that there is more apathy from the fans to HSL than there is from the club. If we could get more fans to donate and raise more money then maybe the new owners might be more open to a seat on the board. We as fans had years to reach the 20% target for a seat on the board which we never grasped.

Iggy Pope
17-02-2022, 07:55 PM
I feel that there is more apathy from the fans to HSL than there is from the club. If we could get more fans to donate and raise more money then maybe the new owners might be more open to a seat on the board. We as fans had years to reach the 20% target for a seat on the board which we never grasped.

Agree with that too but it's probably a different debate. This one's about free money that is still going to the club and not much acknowledgement of that far less encouragement or development.

CropleyWasGod
17-02-2022, 08:07 PM
Me neither, seems a new thing to do.

Signing-on fees are included in staff costs, so not in the valuation of players. That's been our policy for a while.

The 90+2
17-02-2022, 08:14 PM
Signing-on fees are included in staff costs, so not in the valuation of players. That's been our policy for a while.

Thanks, makes sense. :agree:

CropleyWasGod
17-02-2022, 08:15 PM
I think that the letter has been misinterpreted on the point of the donations. The Directors haven't put in £300k.

The accounts say £125,457 from Bydand to fund player transactions and for the NHS sponsorship, and £10k from Malcolm McPherson for the NHS sponsorship.

The 90+2
17-02-2022, 08:17 PM
I think that the letter has been misinterpreted on the point of the donations. The Directors haven't put in £300k.

The accounts say £125,457 from Bydand to fund player transactions and for the NHS sponsorship, and £10k from Malcolm McPherson for the NHS sponsorship.

Is Malky still on the board?

CropleyWasGod
17-02-2022, 08:20 PM
Is Malky still on the board?

Yeah

The 90+2
17-02-2022, 08:21 PM
Yeah

Good news :aok:

PolmontHibby
17-02-2022, 09:24 PM

Correct - grant of £5m equally shared by clubs in championship, therefore Hearts for £500k they do not have to repay.

All Premiership clubs took repayable loans except Celtic. As a taxpayer not sure how I feel about this, e.g did the largest loan to Rangers of £3,2m do anything other than allow them to throw more overspending at players.......or maybe it did overall save jobs at clubs that would have cut - I dont know.

Hibs 4th largest loan.

hibbysam
17-02-2022, 09:52 PM
Correct - grant of £5m equally shared by clubs in championship, therefore Hearts for £500k they do not have to repay.

All Premiership clubs took repayable loans except Celtic. As a taxpayer not sure how I feel about this, e.g did the largest loan to Rangers of £3,2m do anything other than allow them to throw more overspending at players.......or maybe it did overall save jobs at clubs that would have cut - I dont know.

Hibs 4th largest loan.

I don’t think there’s any doubt without that money rangers would likely have had more job cuts purely down to the precarious financial situation they were in. Their directors may have stumped up more money but that’s doubtful when they were behind closed doors when they could’ve just fired and then rehired once things picked up.

The government made the decision to halt income to clubs by closing the doors, it was only right that they then compensated for this. The same as they did with every other industry that they impacted.

Daniel 1875
18-02-2022, 08:21 AM

I’ll be at the AGM and have submitted a question asking if Ron has any plans to change his stance on the current ban on transferring/gifting shares.

We have a number of people looking to gift the shares belonging to relatives sadly no longer with us to Hibernian Supporters and the current rules make that impossible.

With questions submitted in advance by email though I’d imagine it’ll be a lottery as to which ones are actually asked on the night.

Iggy Pope
18-02-2022, 08:29 AM
I’ll be at the AGM and have submitted a question asking if Ron has any plans to change his stance on the current ban on transferring/gifting shares.

We have a number of people looking to gift the shares belonging to relatives sadly no longer with us to Hibernian Supporters and the current rules make that impossible.

With questions submitted in advance by email though I’d imagine it’ll be a lottery as to which ones are actually asked on the night.

An organisation that contributes large lump sums of money regularly to the club without question of anything in return shouldn’t have to take their place in a queue of emails to get their question answered. I hope the question gets asked regardless. If the apathy continues Hibs need to be made aware that the sums will dwindle. I spend more per year on HSL than I do on my ST and I’m not alone as you know Daniel.

neil7908
18-02-2022, 09:25 AM
Given the losses incurred by some over the last year, any kind of profit is a win. Nearly £1m is huge. And the Boyle money to come.

It's not the best on the pitch right now but clear that we are in safe hands off it.

1875Sean
18-02-2022, 11:38 AM
Loving the tears over on kickback, it’s a loss without the insurance money, they would be posting loss after loss of it wasn’t for there benefactors

Ringothedog
18-02-2022, 11:51 AM
Loving the tears over on kickback, it’s a loss without the insurance money, they would be posting loss after loss of it wasn’t for there benefactors

They are sad little cretins who have the financial nous of an amoeba

A Hi-Bee
18-02-2022, 12:11 PM
**** the hertz
:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin :greengrin:greengrin

Jones28
18-02-2022, 12:34 PM

They don't believe in hypocrisy do they?

04Sauzee
18-02-2022, 12:41 PM

If it wasn't for the goals

Pagan Hibernia
18-02-2022, 01:03 PM

ericb has just pointed that out over there.

Now come on which of you is he? None of them have that level of maturity and common sense, and if they do, they don’t last long there! He’ll be binned from that forum before the day is out