PDA

View Full Version : Harry Clarke

JamesHFC
14-02-2022, 07:42 PM
Back in training if his latest Instagram post is anything to go by. Read yesterday that he is in contention to be back for the Aberdeen game next month. Hopefully a bit sooner if all goes well. Looking forward to seeing what he has to offer. One of our better January signings I think.

Sir David Gray
14-02-2022, 07:48 PM
https://twitter.com/HarryyClarke6/status/1493323896464068613?t=ELwlxRb2roJiGhny7zmknQ&s=19

Callum_62
14-02-2022, 07:55 PM
Maloney expected him back either game Before or game after intl duty

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Sean1875
14-02-2022, 07:57 PM
Could be wrong but they all look like pictures taken from his medical, sure Maloney said the other day he was still down south - not sure he’s back training just yet but hopefully soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vault Boy
14-02-2022, 08:00 PM
Could be wrong but they all look like pictures taken from his medical, sure Maloney said the other day he was still down south - not sure he’s back training just yet but hopefully soon.

Yeah you're right

Hibiza
14-02-2022, 09:24 PM
Great news

SMAXXA
14-02-2022, 10:24 PM
He’s no replacing Cadden that’s for sure

RIP
14-02-2022, 10:27 PM
Will probably return to East Mains in a couple of weeks. May be able to be match fit before the split at the start of April.

Whether he makes a start before season end may depend on injuries and suspensions.

Then there’s the matter of the break clause in May and the purchase interest from Sevco.

All worst case scenario of course. Let’s hope for speedier progress for young Harry

JamesHFC
14-02-2022, 11:51 PM
He’s no replacing Cadden that’s for sure

I think he will replace Rocky.

CmoantheHibs
15-02-2022, 12:00 AM
I think so too. Looking for players to step out from defence and commit opposition midfielders into closing down. Similar to what Porto does. It will open up spaces for us and make teams more worried about high pressing against us. At the moment they do it and know there is a good chance of their pressing being successful.

Gmack7
15-02-2022, 05:37 AM

Clarke, Porteous and Hanlon will be the preferred 3 imo, all comfortable on the ball

ahibby
15-02-2022, 12:45 PM
Clarke, Porteous and Hanlon will be the preferred 3 imo, all comfortable on the ball

Yet to see Clarke but sounds about right.

James70
15-02-2022, 12:48 PM
He could be away back down south in the summer, Rocky will be here longer term possibly.

greenginger
15-02-2022, 12:57 PM

Any update on when Hanlon will be fit ?

Gmack7
15-02-2022, 04:19 PM
Any update on when Hanlon will be fit ?

No but the commentator on Sunday suggested he'd be back for the Ross County game

LewysGot2
15-02-2022, 08:45 PM
Back in training if his latest Instagram post is anything to go by. Read yesterday that he is in contention to be back for the Aberdeen game next month. Hopefully a bit sooner if all goes well. Looking forward to seeing what he has to offer. One of our better January signings I think.

Will be interesting to see how things change to accommodate him. I definitely think Hanlon comes back in at the left of a 3 at the back. However, Cadden surely will not be easy to oust from the team. McGinn will, mind

Onceinawhile
16-02-2022, 12:00 PM
Will be interesting to see how things change to accommodate him. I definitely think Hanlon comes back in at the left of a 3 at the back. However, Cadden surely will not be easy to oust from the team. McGinn will, mind

Mcginn is likely finished with us I reckon. Certainly once Clarke is fit, he will seriously toil for game time.

Billy Whizz
16-02-2022, 12:01 PM

I’m sure Clarke said when he signed for Hibs, he was more suited to right/wing back, than as a centre back. He’s not the tallest for a centre back at 5ft 10in

davhibby
16-02-2022, 12:07 PM
I’m sure Clarke said when he signed for Hibs, he was more suited to right/wing back, than as a centre back. He’s not the tallest for a centre back at 5ft 10in

The wingbacks in our formation are more like wingers so he’d be wasted playing there. You’re probably doing less defending as one of a back 3 at hibs than you would be playing wingback for Ross County

scoopyboy
17-02-2022, 10:03 AM
No but the commentator on Sunday suggested he'd be back for the Ross County game

Unfortunately he won't be

bigwheel
17-02-2022, 10:11 AM

Yes. He was quite a marauding wing back for County was he not ? Looked good against us up there last time ….

Tyler Durden
17-02-2022, 10:21 AM
Unfortunately he won't be

That's really disappointing to hear. He's a massive miss at the moment IMO.

re Harry Clarke, it wouldn't surprise me if we potentially use him in centre midfield. I'm sure that wasn't the plan when he signed but he could be drafted in there if needed. Depends whether JDH can find some consistent form and how quickly Newell and Magennis return.

Since452
17-02-2022, 10:24 AM
Think we'll see both Clarke and Magennis back within the next couple of weeks. Would be a big boost. Providing we don't play any more bounce games!

Mcbizz1998
18-02-2022, 11:34 AM
Think we'll see both Clarke and Magennis back within the next couple of weeks. Would be a big boost. Providing we don't play any more bounce games!

Magennis back would be a huge boost. Exactly what we need in the middle of the park and his injuries have had a huge impact on our form.