PDA

View Full Version : Demi Mitchell

Since452
14-02-2022, 11:04 AM
What are folks thoughts on him so far? A lot of talk about Jasper but i think Demi has started pretty well, gets into good positions. Looks an intellegent player. Couple of goals to his name already too. I like the look of him.

JimBHibees
14-02-2022, 11:07 AM
Looks a goal threat still more to come as plays more games. At moment I would have Doig in front of him at left midfield

Pretty Green
14-02-2022, 11:08 AM
I agree he has had a good start. I still don't think he is fully fit and there are aspects of his game he could improve but I am really happy with him. Given time he will be a real asset.

Stanton Spence
14-02-2022, 11:12 AM
I've been pleasantly surprised with Mitchell and he along with a few of the new faces that have come in look like they can all improve while being at hibs.

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

B.H.F.C
14-02-2022, 11:16 AM
I agree he has had a good start. I still don't think he is fully fit and there are aspects of his game he could improve but I am really happy with him. Given time he will be a real asset.

Definitely got a bit to go fitness wise. Disappeared a bit second half (although he should have scored). Did similar at Ibrox on Wednesday.

Decent start for him, personally, though.

Carheenlea
14-02-2022, 11:18 AM
The new recruits “feel” like Hibs players already.

Look to be settling quickly and making good contribution to the side while offering encouragement towards what they can bring when fully up to speed.

GreenNWhiteArmy
14-02-2022, 11:27 AM
Might just be a fitness issue but felt at times he's holding back

Overall a promising start though

Allant1981
14-02-2022, 11:31 AM
Personally think doig is better going forward but seems to be doing ok so far

Vault Boy
14-02-2022, 11:38 AM
Two goals in four starts is very promising.

Smartie
14-02-2022, 11:43 AM
I've been quite impressed and think his potential is huge. He's looked a bit rusty to me so far, and will get better with time and games (the same goes for Henderson who is now looking like a player).

His finish was very good yesterday, and he got into a good area to score against Livi - so in terms of cutting edge in the final third, he is currently one of our most potent threats.

He's a bright spot and someone to be optimistic about.

wookie70
14-02-2022, 11:49 AM
He has an end product and not many of our players do. Lacks some fitness but for such a slight guy he gets stuck in and makes sure the opposition have to deal with his presence. Hopefully will get fitter and be able to contribute over the 90. Very different to Doig and good to have two options in that position

Greenio
14-02-2022, 11:50 AM
I like him but not sure he ever looks like he can properly skin a defender

Sir David Gray
14-02-2022, 11:55 AM
Clearly got a goal threat which is good, although feel he's maybe not quite up to speed with his fitness yet as he does seem to fade out of games from what I've seen so far.

JohnM1875
14-02-2022, 11:55 AM
Did well with the header and should really have scored a second.

I do like the look of him though and the fact he always looks to get forward is a definite plus.

hibeejeebies
14-02-2022, 12:19 PM
Like him.

Gaffer1875
14-02-2022, 12:22 PM
He’ll be one of our best players from next season when fully fit IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobby's Cinema
14-02-2022, 12:38 PM
I think he's settled quickly and made a positive impact. I've felt like he's given away possession quite alot but more because he's prepared to run at people and playing higher percentage risky passes.

Northernhibee
14-02-2022, 01:03 PM
I enjoyed having him and Jasper on the pitch. Him, Mueller, Hendo and Jasper are all clever players who can get us forward.

JimBHibees
14-02-2022, 01:17 PM
I like him but not sure he ever looks like he can properly skin a defender

Thought he did well doing that in the Derby though was thwarted by some rugby style tackles :greengrin

Shrekko
14-02-2022, 01:41 PM
Personally think doig is better going forward but seems to be doing ok so far

Never been sure where this reputation Doig has for being good going forward comes from? I think he has it in him, but at the moment he just seems to run into people.

I actually think Mitchell is a really good footballer and pleased we signed him. Not really a defender I don't think though- at least not on the left side as he cant tackle with his left foot.

bigwheel
14-02-2022, 01:48 PM
Never been sure where this reputation Doig has for being good going forward comes from? I think he has it in him, but at the moment he just seems to run into people.

I actually think Mitchell is a really good footballer and pleased we signed him. Not really a defender I don't think though- at least not on the left side as he cant tackle with his left foot.

Doig - It’s from his first season , with glimpses since then - he was a marauding full back during the lockdown season …

Tyler Durden
14-02-2022, 02:16 PM

Maybe because he was excellent going forward in his only full season for the club? He's tailed off this year but still probably has more assists than Cadden for example.

In terms of Doig vs Mitchell, an easy comparison would be the derby. First half Doig dominated down that side and was a big threat going forward. Gets injured and 2nd half Mitchell was a big disappointment for me. Rarely troubled his opposite number.

Overall I've been a bit disappointed with Mitchell and he's not as quick as I expected. Hopefully just a fitness/sharpness thing and he'll improve as the season goes on.

SlickShoes
14-02-2022, 02:17 PM
I can't believe some of what I am reading here.

He looks good so far, he has scored more goals than all of our strikers combined in that time period.

JimBHibees
14-02-2022, 02:29 PM
Maybe because he was excellent going forward in his only full season for the club? He's tailed off this year but still probably has more assists than Cadden for example.

In terms of Doig vs Mitchell, an easy comparison would be the derby. First half Doig dominated down that side and was a big threat going forward. Gets injured and 2nd half Mitchell was a big disappointment for me. Rarely troubled his opposite number.

Overall I've been a bit disappointed with Mitchell and he's not as quick as I expected. Hopefully just a fitness/sharpness thing and he'll improve as the season goes on.

Personally thought he did well in the Derby was direct got past the full back a few times decent pass through for Nisbet. Thought he might have done better with one cross but that apart thought he was good

Bobby's Cinema
14-02-2022, 03:11 PM
I can't believe some of what I am reading here.

He looks good so far, he has scored more goals than all of our strikers combined in that time period.

Anyone using the word disappointing to describe him so far is in a minority of one I'd hope. He's already offered more than certain others past and present.

CentreLine
14-02-2022, 03:21 PM
He has definitely impressed most of his time on the park and clearly getting up to speed. I am very worried about the bend his leg took in the tackle that saw him leave the park on Sunday though. Hope he’s fine but it didn’t look at all nice.

Stubbsy90+2
14-02-2022, 03:39 PM
I like him. I don’t think we’ve seen the best of him though. For all he’s been pretty good I feel like he is lacking a bit in sharpness and fitness. That can only be a good thing though because if there’s even better to come he’ll be a wonderful signing.

Waxy
14-02-2022, 04:17 PM
He’s getting in goalscoring positions.Thats exactly what we need.

Hibiza
14-02-2022, 04:19 PM
Class player.

Mikey_1875
14-02-2022, 04:29 PM
Sneaking in at the back post and getting a couple of goals is a welcome addition and hopefully that continues as we need as many to contribute as possible.

I’m hoping there is a lot more to come in the other aspects of his game like crossing, beating a man, defensive duties but he has shown some promise so far.

CmoantheHibs
14-02-2022, 05:18 PM
I think he has been decent and his goals have certainly helped us. I do think he has been a bit one dimensional when taking on a full back. He could do worse than look at how Martin Boyle changed his game by using body movement and different angles to beat opponents or force them into fouling him. Overall happy with him and can only see him improving when his fitness levels get better.

houstonhibbee
14-02-2022, 06:22 PM
The next David Gray......

ekhibee
14-02-2022, 06:34 PM
I think he looks quite a good player, but I think he'll be a really good player when he's fitter. I don't really think you can compare him with Doig, they're two completely different players. He's probably scored as many 1st team goals as Doig has in the entire time he's been playing in the 1st team but I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong. Can't wait till Mitchell's fully fit.

beensaidbefore
14-02-2022, 06:40 PM
He has definitely impressed most of his time on the park and clearly getting up to speed. I am very worried about the bend his leg took in the tackle that saw him leave the park on Sunday though. Hope he’s fine but it didn’t look at all nice.

I saw him on Leith walk today and he seemed to be walking with a bit of a limp on his left leg, hopefully just a bit bruised/sore and nothing more serious.

jacomo
14-02-2022, 06:47 PM
Hearts bassa.

:wink:

tonyrougier123
14-02-2022, 07:46 PM
I think Mitchell has been very good so far. I liked the promising start him and jasper had going forward together at times yesterday,that is a partnership that will flourish the more they play together.

I think he will be a fans favourite in no time.

Comes across well in his interviews also,very happy lad.

Torto7
15-02-2022, 12:16 AM
He played as a winger for Blackpool and did well last season I think. Maybe he could switch roles with the goal threat.