PDA

View Full Version : Jasper

Unseen work
13-02-2022, 06:34 PM
Really like the look of this lad.

Said many times I think we need a player similar to Barrie McKay s he looks like that to me.

Receives the ball on the half turn, runs at players, comfortable in 1 v1s, can play a pass and has a good strike on him.

Was so unlucky with his pass to Henderson in the first half, would have been a brilliant assist.

I also like how if he makes a mistake it doesn’t bother him and he’s willing to go again.

Hopefully he continues to get better with each game.

A loan to buy is very exciting.

Kato
13-02-2022, 06:44 PM
Enjoyed watching him today. Has an appetite to make things happen and hurt the opposition.

Onion
13-02-2022, 06:56 PM
Exciting player with good skill and a bit of bite. If he does as well against better opposition, we have unearthed a gem.

California-Hibs
13-02-2022, 07:03 PM
He's a brilliant signing! Has all the ingredients. Very exciting player that fans can easily take too. Delighted we have the option to buy!

Stokesy's on fire
13-02-2022, 07:07 PM
Does anyone know if we have the option to buy Jasper as part of the loan?

Northernhibee
13-02-2022, 07:08 PM
Thought it felt like a panic signing at the time but he looks promising.

Unseen work
13-02-2022, 07:10 PM

Yes we do mate

The 90+2
13-02-2022, 07:11 PM

I think we have if reading this thread has anything to go by. :greengrin

Boy's got fantastic potential, delighted he's getting a chance to show what he can do for us as we have a lovely wee option to buy him. :agree:

JimBHibees
Looks an exciting player. A few of the new guys looking more promising by the game

The 90+2
Thought it felt like a panic signing at the time but he looks promising.

Maybe he's the 1 in 1000 panic signing that turns out terrific? :greengrin

JohnM1875
13-02-2022, 07:34 PM
Looks good so far. I like that he's direct, think the team lacks that in general now seeing as Boyle is away.

Class dive in the box as well in the second half 😂

HendoDelivered
13-02-2022, 07:39 PM
Baller

Coco Bryce
13-02-2022, 07:42 PM
He certainly looks the part.

Hibbyradge
13-02-2022, 07:45 PM
I thought he looked surprisingly slow today. :dunno:

McGruber
13-02-2022, 07:49 PM

Noticed a few times he didn't look very quick over the ground but he does have very quick feet. Maybe a bit more fitness would sharpen it up more

Unseen work
13-02-2022, 07:49 PM

Must admit there’s been a couple of times I’ve thought this, don’t know if the pitch today never helped.

Think he’s more tricky and sharp than rapid.

Stanton Spence
13-02-2022, 07:52 PM
I thought he looked surprisingly slow today. :dunno:I thought the same and I don't think the surface done him any favours
I still think we have won a watch with this player although early days

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

BlackSheep
13-02-2022, 08:50 PM
On the subject of speed, I don’t think Jasper is one of the quickest in a foot race, but with the no all at his feet he is very pacey.

Leith Green
13-02-2022, 09:02 PM

I think he had problems adapting to the condition of the pitch , from what i saw he couldn’t really get the ball and himself moving in sync. Thought he had a good game in spite of that though. Looks an exciting player who will get better the more he plays

IberianHibernian
13-02-2022, 09:08 PM
I thought he looked surprisingly slow today. :dunno:Thought the same though as others have already said his feet are quick and conditions didn`t help . Demetri Mitchell would be some player too if he had some pace but then he wouldn`t be with us I suppose .

Iain G
13-02-2022, 09:11 PM
Thought the same though as others have already said his feet are quick and conditions didn`t help . Demetri Mitchell would be some player too if he had some pace but then he wouldn`t be with us I suppose .

He is supposed to be very quick! Think that pitch today was pretty heavy

JamesHFC
13-02-2022, 09:20 PM

There was one point in the second half he lost a sprint with one of their players where if he had won he just had to play Henderson through on goal. Certainly looks sharper with the ball at his feet though.

B.H.F.C
13-02-2022, 09:28 PM
I think he’s got something. But I thought he was wasteful today.

When he came on at Ibrox on Wednesday he was ready to go off with 15 to go. Think it’s harder to play up here than a lot think, but he’ll be fine if he can get that fitness quickly.

Nicho87
13-02-2022, 09:57 PM
Put in a couple of terrific balls again. Just need a poacher to put them away.

If Nisbet stood on the six yard line more often than the 18 yard line, with cadden and Jasper, plus Mitchell Nisbet goals will rack up.

Sign Jasper now, some players you can just tell have something.

He looks like he has it and more to come

14-02-2022, 12:21 AM
There was one point in the second half he lost a sprint with one of their players where if he had won he just had to play Henderson through on goal. Certainly looks sharper with the ball at his feet though.

If it's the same bit I'm thinking of, he lost the sprint because he had a standing start and the Arbroath guy was already running.

HibeeMackenzie
14-02-2022, 04:39 AM
If we take up the option to buy it will be one of the most significant outlays in our history, and from what I’ve seen it’ll be well worth it

OldEast
14-02-2022, 05:54 AM
If we take up the option to buy it will be one of the most significant outlays in our history, and from what I’ve seen it’ll be well worth it

I agree, he's one of a few new boys to get me excited, at least for next season.

loanheadhibby
14-02-2022, 07:18 AM
I thought he did well yesterday . Tired in 2nd half as the pitch got heavier.

He’s certainly got a lot of good attributes.

Jones28
14-02-2022, 07:50 AM

Any idea what the fee will be?

HibeeMackenzie
14-02-2022, 09:45 AM
Any idea what the fee will be?

Don’t think anyone will ever know the fee but it would be announced as a significant undisclosed fee as melkerson was

Craig_in_Prague
14-02-2022, 09:49 AM
There was a moment in the 1st half that he reminded me of Zemmamma. And that alone, has me excited by Jasper. Great find and shows the club were working to get certain attributes back into the team haven lost MB.
Looking forward to seeing more of Jasper.

ahibby
14-02-2022, 10:44 AM
There was a moment in the 1st half that he reminded me of Zemmamma. And that alone, has me excited by Jasper. Great find and shows the club were working to get certain attributes back into the team haven lost MB.
Looking forward to seeing more of Jasper.

And Latapy similiarities.

Since452
14-02-2022, 10:54 AM
He looks a great prospect. Cracking attitude too by the looks of it. Just gets up and keeps on going. Very excited about this one.

worcesterhibby
14-02-2022, 11:03 AM
he was really struggling with the pitch at times, but never got melodramatic about it..just kept trying to add creativity and directness. Can't wait to see him in full flight, on a decent pitch, in decent weather !

nonshinyfinish
14-02-2022, 02:06 PM
he was really struggling with the pitch at times, but never got melodramatic about it..just kept trying to add creativity and directness. Can't wait to see him in full flight, on a decent pitch, in decent weather !

There was one point on the wing where he changed direction twice in quick succession to misdirect a defender and fell over both times because of the pitch, but still got the cross away. Fell over a third time as he hit the cross.

Hibiza
14-02-2022, 05:22 PM
Jasper has a touch of class.