Hibiza
13-02-2022, 03:46 PM
Posts this evening .

Wilson
13-02-2022, 03:47 PM
Shaun out. There.

Jones28
13-02-2022, 03:48 PM
I think the op is trying to make a point.

**** knows what it is though.

LunasBoots
13-02-2022, 03:49 PM
All hail Shaun 😉

WeeRussell
13-02-2022, 03:49 PM
You’re no looking hard enough 😁

Danderhall Hibs
13-02-2022, 03:50 PM
Not seeing much criticism (or praise) of Macey either.

Wilson
13-02-2022, 03:51 PM

He was ***** (and amazing). There.

Danderhall Hibs
13-02-2022, 03:53 PM
He was ***** (and amazing). There.

:hilarious

He’s overly criticised most weeks so good to see his performance today.

judas
13-02-2022, 04:04 PM
I've been somewhat skeptical about the Maloney / Caldwell appointment.

But today (other than for a 5 minute period at the start of both halves) I saw a promising young team that was extremely well organized and professional.

Dare I say it, I think I've also seen green shoots from which something very attractive may grow.

Diclonius
13-02-2022, 04:05 PM
Shaun Maloney.

Since452
13-02-2022, 04:05 PM
There won't be any Shaun out posts if we're winning 3-1 and controlling the vast majority of the game....

GreenGray
13-02-2022, 04:07 PM
Exactly! Very good performance today, just need more of that going forward. People who want SM out need to remember how unlucky we’ve been with injuries etc.

Northernhibee
13-02-2022, 04:11 PM
There won't be any Shaun out posts if we're winning 3-1 and controlling the vast majority of the game....

Well, yes. Play like that more often and they’ll disappear entirely.

Serve up a lot of what we’ve seen recently and the voices will grow.

In other news, water is wet and Craig Levein’s a Fanny.

Lago
13-02-2022, 04:33 PM

But today (other than for a 5 minute period at the start of both halves) I saw a promising young team that was extremely well organized and professional.

Dare I say it, I think I've also seen green shoots from which something very attractive may grow.
My thoughts exactly.

loanheadhibby
13-02-2022, 04:37 PM
My thoughts exactly.
Delighted wih the win but let's see what Ross County brings before we get too excited.
Hope I'm wrong but I still see similarities between this team and that of 2014.
I don't buy it that this squad is much better.

hibbyfraelibby
13-02-2022, 04:38 PM

Fixed it for you....he should have come for the cross that led to their goal. He cannot command his box and teams know it.

Greenbeard
13-02-2022, 04:42 PM
He desperately needs a good No.2 to save face.
His hair was a disgrace.

Hibbyradge
13-02-2022, 04:46 PM

I've praised him.

Danderhall Hibs
13-02-2022, 05:01 PM
Fixed it for you....he should have come for the cross that led to their goal. He cannot command his box and teams know it.

I don’t know what you expect from goalies if you want one to come for that. Having defenders defending would help in the scenario you state though.

Unfortunately (or should it be fortunately?) we’ve noone at the club that would risk coming out that far on a day like today. The one we’ve got just stuck to keeping us in the game at 1-1.

H18 SFR
13-02-2022, 05:02 PM
Said on another thread earlier today that I’ve been trying to change my mindset this week, buy into the vision etc. Today helped a lot, hopefully this is the pivotal moment that kicks us on.

theonlywayisup
13-02-2022, 05:05 PM
Don't see the need for this. Very few posters want SM out.

hibbyfraelibby
13-02-2022, 05:07 PM
I don’t know what you expect from goalies if you want one to come for that. Having defenders defending would help in the scenario you state though.

Unfortunately (or should it be fortunately?) we’ve noone at the club that would risk coming out that far on a day like today. The one we’ve got just stuck to keeping us in the game at 1-1.
He only had to come out 6 yards. He' 5 foot 22 ffs and rarely goes for the cross. There is a reason we are losing so many goals to crosses since he arrived and removing Jack Ross hasn't solved that problem.

LunasBoots
13-02-2022, 05:07 PM

Defenders could have defended properly aswell, it's football these things happen

Northernhibee
13-02-2022, 05:08 PM
I've praised him.

Like you should.

The 90+2
13-02-2022, 05:10 PM
Strange thread.

Hibbyradge
13-02-2022, 05:16 PM
Like you should.

:greengrin

Keith_M
13-02-2022, 05:31 PM
Strange thread.

:agree:

Alfred E Newman
13-02-2022, 05:34 PM
Just like Maloney, I thought Nisbet might have been given a break today after his well taken and crucial goal but no, the poor guy is still getting slated by the haters.
It’s pathetic.

Hibiza
13-02-2022, 05:39 PM

Since you mention it thought he tried to save the goal with his chest rather than his arms , made one good save in the second half & that's why he's there - as a goalie.

Unseen work
13-02-2022, 05:52 PM
For me the weird thing is the amount of posts after a win and good performance compared to a defeat.

Forum is alot more quiet after a win.

wookie70
13-02-2022, 05:56 PM
Delighted wih the win but let's see what Ross County brings before we get too excited.
Hope I'm wrong but I still see similarities between this team and that of 2014.
I don't buy it that this squad is much better.It is miles better when you look at the team we were fielding.That doesn't mean we will get results though and we need to start beating a few teams in our league. I thought Arbroath were poor today but perhaps that was us making them look that way

Danderhall Hibs
13-02-2022, 05:58 PM
Since you mention it thought he tried to save the goal with his chest rather than his arms , made one good save in the second half & that's why he's there - as a goalie.
Yeah you’re right folk won’t give him any credit.

Danderhall Hibs
13-02-2022, 05:59 PM
He only had to come out 6 yards. He' 5 foot 22 ffs and rarely goes for the cross. There is a reason we are losing so many goals to crosses since he arrived and removing Jack Ross hasn't solved that problem.

This height thing goes against him - he’s what - 2 inches taller than average and because if that he should come for every ball that goes within 18 yards of him.

Of course when he does come folk never quite feel comfortable with him in goal.

Hibbyradge
13-02-2022, 06:30 PM

He had at least 3 excellent saves.

Hibiza
13-02-2022, 06:34 PM
He had at least 3 excellent saves.

Maybe one , thought he should have smothered the ball , rather than deflecting it out , other hit his legs. Woni argue Radge an evening of celebration.

Caversham Green
13-02-2022, 06:45 PM
Posts this evening .

you commented on Jack Ross's 'lucky' runs to semis and finals, which included several Premiership clubs, a Hearts side that took Celtc to penalties and a 3-1 thrashing of Rangers. How does that compare with Shaun Maloney's run of two part-time clubs, one of which deservedly took us to extra time while the other could have been 3-0 up in the first 20 minutes but for good goalkeeping?

There's no calls for Maloney to be out here but the jury still should be.

JohnM1875
13-02-2022, 07:36 PM
Strange thread.

Utterly pointless thread, agree.

A lot of bizarre point scoring going on recently on here.

Borderhibbie76
13-02-2022, 08:23 PM

Your an absolute blether..no way was that Maceys fault, Doigs half arsed defending on tho other hand...

Northernhibee
13-02-2022, 08:29 PM
Tell you what, I’m glad Macey was still switched on when the rest of the defence completely switched off when they thought there was an offside.

I hope Maloney and Caldwell went right through them for that.

Danderhall Hibs
13-02-2022, 08:44 PM
Tell you what, I’m glad Macey was still switched on when the rest of the defence completely switched off when they thought there was an offside.

I hope Maloney and Caldwell went right through them for that.

Both him and Porteous - amateurish from the others.

jacomo
13-02-2022, 08:48 PM
For me the weird thing is the amount of posts after a win and good performance compared to a defeat.

Maybe folk just dwell on a defeat and feel compelled to chew it over, whereas after a win they share their joy with the wider world?

JamesHFC
13-02-2022, 08:49 PM
This year to save me from tears, I’ll give it to Shaun Maloney.

Northernhibee
13-02-2022, 08:50 PM
Both him and Porteous - amateurish from the others.

Yep, tbf to Porto he was switched on for that. Completely embarrasing from the rest of them involved in that outside him and Macey though.

IberianHibernian
13-02-2022, 09:03 PM

A lot of bizarre point scoring going on recently on here.Exactly . Instead of celebrating an important win folk attack others for having differing opinions on manager . More of the same to come next week whatever the result .

The Captain....
13-02-2022, 09:18 PM

Dare I say it, I think I've also seen green shoots from which something very attractive may grow.I think the vast majority had understandable concerns after the poor run of form and results. I still think it was a very vocal minority that were demanding Maloney gone
I wasn't but like you had doubts after some decisions and performances.

I thought there was reasons to be encouraged after Ibrox, as much as there can be after a defeat there. The shape looked better to me and we posed a threat at times. Today I thought we were excellent apart from a sloppy 10 mins at the start of each half. We played some good stuff in awful conditions and should have scored 4 or 5.

I'm looking forward to Hanlon coming back in..I think him, Porto and Rocky will be a decent back 3. Also I think Shaun now has a balance in the side..it still needs work and we're miles off where we want to be but it's a starting point and is capable of winning games. I wasn't seeing that after St Mirren tbh.

Players look like they are improving fitness and sharpness wise so there are reasons for optimism.

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

13-02-2022, 09:24 PM

A lot of bizarre point scoring going on recently on here.

At least we're scoring points somewhere. 🙃

Shrekko
13-02-2022, 10:32 PM
Maybe one , thought he should have smothered the ball , rather than deflecting it out , other hit his legs. Woni argue Radge an evening of celebration.

I’ve never read as much nonsense as I have about one player than I’ve read about Macey this season.

World beater? No. Consistently good performer? Yes.

The blind and irrational dislike of some players is getting difficult to read at times. If you can’t give the guy credit for an absolutely vital contribution today it’s just sad.

Ozyhibby
13-02-2022, 10:39 PM
Didn’t see the game today so won’t really comment on it other than we looked ok in the highlights.
IMO maloney’s biggest problem is he did not see that we had a problem in centre mid while the window was open. I still think that could cost him his job. It looks like he has now recognised the problem and is trying to patch it by playing Stevenson (sounds like he played well?) there. Will this be enough to see us start climbing the league again? Let’s hope so because I doubt the owners have spent all that money to see us finish bottom 6. If they were happy with that then they could have just left Ross in post. Maloney was brought in because they expect Euro football. To say he has had a rocky start would be an understatement.
I’m not as doom and gloom as others about the quality of our squad. I actually think the players signed look good so far. It’s the players we didn’t sign that have me doubting Maloney. Fix the centre of midfield and I think we have a decent team again. Right now, it appears that Lewis Stevenson is the most important man at Easter road. Let’s hope it works out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danderhall Hibs
13-02-2022, 10:43 PM
I’ve never read as much nonsense as I have about one player than I’ve read about Macey this season.

World beater? No. Consistently good performer? Yes.

The blind and irrational dislike of some players is getting difficult to read at times. If you can’t give the guy credit for an absolutely vital contribution today it’s just sad.

I find it really strange - as you say it’s irrational. He’s a decent keeper but due to his height folk think he should save everything. I even heard someone say recently that he “drops everything” and another say he should have saved the penalty at Ibrox cos he’s tall enough to leave a leg dangling in the middle.

And that’s before the “he dived out of the way” chat during the week.

It’s a bit embarrassing.

blackpoolhibs
14-02-2022, 09:11 AM
He desperately needs a good No.2 to save face.
His hair was a disgrace.

I thought he had a strained look on his face.

Since452
14-02-2022, 09:22 AM
If Dabrowski had had Maceys performance yesterday folk would have been calling for him to get a five year contract. Macey just cant win with some folk. He was abolutley fine yesterday. Good keeper.

I've been very critical of Maloney and i believe it's justified but i'll also praise him when i feel it's deserved too and more games like yesterday will go a long way to winning me over. You can bet that almost every neutral fancied us to go out yesterday. I did too. Need to follow it up with a home win over County now. We need points.

Hibbyradge
14-02-2022, 09:35 AM
Didn’t see the game today so won’t really comment on it other than we looked ok in the highlights.
IMO maloney’s biggest problem is he did not see that we had a problem in centre mid while the window was open. I still think that could cost him his job. It looks like he has now recognised the problem and is trying to patch it by playing Stevenson (sounds like he played well?) there. Will this be enough to see us start climbing the league again? Let’s hope so because I doubt the owners have spent all that money to see us finish bottom 6. If they were happy with that then they could have just left Ross in post. Maloney was brought in because they expect Euro football. To say he has had a rocky start would be an understatement.
I’m not as doom and gloom as others about the quality of our squad. I actually think the players signed look good so far. It’s the players we didn’t sign that have me doubting Maloney. Fix the centre of midfield and I think we have a decent team again. Right now, it appears that Lewis Stevenson is the most important man at Easter road. Let’s hope it works out.

Stevenson is only there because Magennis and Newell are both injured. There won't be a big problem in the middle when they return.

Hibbyradge
14-02-2022, 09:42 AM
If Dabrowski had had Maceys performance yesterday folk would have been calling for him to get a five year contract. Macey just cant win with some folk. He was abolutley fine yesterday. Good keeper.

I've been very critical of Maloney and i believe it's justified but more games like yesterday will go a long way to winning me over. You can bet that almost every neutral fancied us to go out yesterday. I did too. Need to follow it up with a home win over County now. We need points.

I agree completely with your first paragraph. Macey made 3 or 4 very important saves to keep us in the cup yet folk are so reluctant to acknowledge that.

I don't think the criticism of Maloney was justified, however. He's just in the door, he inherited a team low on confidence and he was hampered by injuries at the same time as trying to develop a new style of play.

If we keep playing well, and winning, he'll win the full backing of most of the support. Some will remain opposed to him, quietly waiting for their "told you so" moment which is more likely than not to arrive sometime.

B.H.F.C
14-02-2022, 09:50 AM
Stevenson is only there because Magennis and Newell are both injured. There won't be a big problem in the middle when they return.

The problem We have is that we can’t rely on Magennis to actually be there. If he’s there he improves us but that’s a big if.

As for Newell, we’ve toiled with him in the team just as much as we have with him. I think there is a place for him but it’s an area we needed to strengthen and still need to strengthen IMO.

Stubbsy90+2
14-02-2022, 10:04 AM
The problem We have is that we can’t rely on Magennis to actually be there. If he’s there he improves us but that’s a big if.

As for Newell, we’ve toiled with him in the team just as much as we have with him. I think there is a place for him but it’s an area we needed to strengthen and still need to strengthen IMO.

And he only improves us if he plays like he did in 7 or 8 games this season. If he plays like he did last season after being injured then he doesn’t improve us at all.

I wouldn’t be hanging my hat in Magennis being the answer, whether that’s availability or performance wise.

Hibbyradge
14-02-2022, 10:04 AM

I don't disagree, we should be looking to add to that area but the previous poster suggested that the central midfield area might see Maloney sacked. I think that's fanciful.

Jones28
14-02-2022, 10:06 AM

I've been very critical of Maloney and i believe it's justified but i'll also praise him when i feel it's deserved too and more games like yesterday will go a long way to winning me over. You can bet that almost every neutral fancied us to go out yesterday. I did too. Need to follow it up with a home win over County now. We need points.

:agree:

There are people out there who will never be convinced of Macey, despite him making 3 or 4 crucial saves yesterday, sparing the blushes of our defenders.

Steve20
14-02-2022, 10:31 AM
I haven't heard anyone say he should be sacked.

Some have said he's had a poor start to his time here, and he has. But no one seriously believed he should be leaving already. Yesterday was far better and if he keeps the team playing well, then the bad start will be quickly forgotten.

JohnM1875
14-02-2022, 10:35 AM
I haven't heard anyone say he should be sacked.

Some have said he's had a poor start to his time here, and he has. But no one seriously believed he should be leaving already. Yesterday was far better and if he keeps the team playing well, then the bad start will be quickly forgotten.

There were more than a few folk shouting 'Maloney get to ****' etc after the St Mirren game and that was in the west upper! Haha

McGruber
14-02-2022, 10:48 AM

...If Dabrowski had Macey's performance yesterday.... he'd have been dropped for the next game....:hmmm:

No doubting Macey had a great game yesterday

Borderhibbie76
14-02-2022, 11:01 AM
I find it really strange - as you say it’s irrational. He’s a decent keeper but due to his height folk think he should save everything. I even heard someone say recently that he “drops everything” and another say he should have saved the penalty at Ibrox cos he’s tall enough to leave a leg dangling in the middle.

And that’s before the “he dived out of the way” chat during the week.

It’s a bit embarrassing.

He gets such a rough time off the fans I've no idea why, Rocky gets better by the week according to some too - Thats Rocky the keeper not Bashiri

LeithMike
14-02-2022, 11:13 AM
Stevenson is only there because Magennis and Newell are both injured. There won't be a big problem in the middle when they return.Magennis has had a handful of good games. He's shown promise but was playing when the team had momentum at the start of the season. We don't know if he's got broad enough shoulders to turn around the fortunes of a team playing poorly.

It also doesn't look like he'll play the same position (furthesr forward of a central three) and will be asked to go both ways in a two. I'm hoping he can be a key player for Hibs but there is certainly not enough evidence to say he's the cure to all our ills in the middle of the park.

Newell is a neat and tidy player but he's been a part of a struggling midfield for quite a while. It remains to be seen whether he's got the mobility for a midfield two (I suspect not) or he's so good that Maloney will change the system to suit him.

Whatever your take, I think our midfield is far from sorted.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

KWJ
14-02-2022, 11:32 AM
As above Magennis wouldn't be replacing Stevenson. Newell perhaps if he can play like he did v Hearts, JDH has shown he can't do it.

I'm very surprised Stevenson has adapted as well and it'll take another few games to see if there is more to it.

It's someone who can take the ball from the defenders and get us up the park through the middle rather than us only going wide which we've done so far with Campbell and JDH and to a lesser extent Newell as well as the defenders.

I'm surprised Allan hasn't been given more of a shot at this.

Scott Brown said he didn't want to join us as we'd expect the flying, dynamic midfielder we had at Hibs while ironically it's perhaps the Scott Brown of today (or a few seasons ago) that we could do with.

Hibiza
14-02-2022, 11:37 AM
you commented on Jack Ross's 'lucky' runs to semis and finals, which included several Premiership clubs, a Hearts side that took Celtc to penalties and a 3-1 thrashing of Rangers. How does that compare with Shaun Maloney's run of two part-time clubs, one of which deservedly took us to extra time while the other could have been 3-0 up in the first 20 minutes but for good goalkeeping?

There's no calls for Maloney to be out here but the jury still should be.

Not in the record breaking 3 National defeats within 7 months.sSevco game was only a few months ago.

Winston Ingram
14-02-2022, 11:42 AM
He gets such a rough time off the fans I've no idea why, Rocky gets better by the week according to some too - Thats Rocky the keeper not Bashiri

Me neither. His kicking isn't great, but other than that, I'm more than happy with him.

Danderhall Hibs
14-02-2022, 11:46 AM
Me neither. His kicking isn't great, but other than that, I'm more than happy with him.

I don’t think there are many goalies whose kicking is great.

FilipinoHibs
14-02-2022, 11:52 AM
Shaun needs to have a good sleep and ignore the Jambo trolls on here. What have they ever achieved in life?

basehibby
14-02-2022, 12:51 PM

Could it be that many Hibees have been out celebrating instead of bumping their gums on here?

For myself I am relieved at what was a gratifying and very encouraging performance. Whereas previously we've seen fleeting glimpses of what I think Maloney is trying to implement - and with painfully little success. Yesterday was different - after a difficult start that was a convincing victory delivered with some style and I am now looking forward to the next game with something resembling excitement as opposed to trepidation.

basehibby
14-02-2022, 12:56 PM
Just like Maloney, I thought Nisbet might have been given a break today after his well taken and crucial goal but no, the poor guy is still getting slated by the haters.
It’s pathetic.

Some folk are just sad cases that cant let go. No need to criticise Nis for yesterday- good performance all round and cracking goal!

basehibby
14-02-2022, 01:09 PM

Kicking and playing out from feet was actually a weak point of Marciano's - which I've observed has been largely addressed by Macey. He will still make the occasional poor passof course - just not as many as Marciano used to make.

Winston Ingram
14-02-2022, 01:15 PM

I'd agree with that

Ozyhibby
14-02-2022, 01:36 PM
I don't disagree, we should be looking to add to that area but the previous poster suggested that the central midfield area might see Maloney sacked. I think that's fanciful.

Results will get him sacked if they don’t improve. I think the biggest obstacle to results improving now is the weakness of our centre midfield.

Shrekko
14-02-2022, 01:49 PM
Not in the record breaking 3 National defeats within 7 months.sSevco game was only a few months ago.

Record breaking aye? Think that's because we've never before made so many semi's and final's in such a short space of time?

Funnily enough we also 2 wins at Hampden in the last calendar year too. I remember we used to go years and years without even getting close to Hampden- you obviously don't.

Don't know if you can break a record for posting mince on hibs.net but you're making a decent go at it.

Caversham Green
14-02-2022, 03:20 PM

I'll rephrase my question. Why is Shaun Maloney's record of wins over part-time Cove (laboured and after extra time) and part-time Arbroath any better than Jack Ross's record of never failing to reach at least the semi finals of cup competitions (including a decisive win over the reigning Premiership champions which you seek to ignore for reasons best known to yourself)?

I need to clarify at this point that I am in no way anti Maloney - I sincerely hope he goes on to lift the cup for Hibs but your attitude gives him credit he has yet to earn (IMO) while not giving Jack Ross the credit he did earn.

Which raises a further question - what were your reasons for starting this thread? Very few people had been calling for Maloney to be sacked prior to the Arbroath game, why would that change after a decent performance and result?

Hibiza
14-02-2022, 04:24 PM
Record breaking aye? Think that's because we've never before made so many semi's and final's in such a short space of time?

Funnily enough we also 2 wins at Hampden in the last calendar year too. I remember we used to go years and years without even getting close to Hampden- you obviously don't.

Don't know if you can break a record for posting mince on hibs.net but you're making a decent go at it.

Cheers Shrekko. Facts are facts though , an embarrasiny defeat from Hertz and 2 from St Johnstone. Still gives me the shivers .

Hibiza
14-02-2022, 04:26 PM
I'll rephrase my question. Why is Shaun Maloney's record of wins over part-time Cove (laboured and after extra time) and part-time Arbroath any better than Jack Ross's record of never failing to reach at least the semi finals of cup competitions (including a decisive win over the reigning Premiership champions which you seek to ignore for reasons best known to yourself)?

I need to clarify at this point that I am in no way anti Maloney - I sincerely hope he goes on to lift the cup for Hibs but your attitude gives him credit he has yet to earn (IMO) while not giving Jack Ross the credit he did earn.

Which raises a further question - what were your reasons for starting this thread? Very few people had been calling for Maloney to be sacked prior to the Arbroath game, why would that change after a decent performance and result?

Started the thread because the knives were out for him , wasn't that obvious .

Caversham Green
14-02-2022, 04:34 PM

Not obvious at all. I saw some comments to the effect that results hadn't improved but very few call for him to be sacked.

What about my first question?

Keith_M
14-02-2022, 04:56 PM

There are a couple of people that don't seem to like Maloney, and a few others that let their emotions get the better of them during some pretty bad results and posted GTF, or similar.

The majority of posts I've seen have either been people praising what he's trying to achieve or others raising concerns about how poor we've been recently and remain to be convinced by the guy... which is (IMHO) fair enough.

I'm happy to give him time but I'm not exactly going to arrange an open top bus parade for winning a game at Arbroath, which was our first win inside 90 minutes in the last eight games.

Hibiza
14-02-2022, 05:21 PM
Not obvious at all. I saw some comments to the effect that results hadn't improved but very few call for him to be sacked.

What about my first question?

Summarise your first question please , be happy to answer .

Caversham Green
14-02-2022, 05:29 PM
Summarise your first question please , be happy to answer .

Thought it was obvious.

What makes Maloney's cup run (two part time clubs) any less 'lucky' than Ross's cup runs which always took us to semis or finals?

superfurryhibby
14-02-2022, 05:37 PM
Cheers Shrekko. Facts are facts though , an embarrasiny defeat from Hertz and 2 from St Johnstone. Still gives me the shivers .

What part of the fact that we have had an unparalleled number of Hampden appearances in the past 2.5 years don't you get? Better save yourself the embarrassment chat though and get over yourself.

FWIW, my take is that the most vehement Maloney doubters were largely folk that were the biggest supporters of Jack Ross (I may be wrong, but that's my sense of it).

If the results have been poor, there will always be moaning, questioning and much general consternation about the club, regardless of who the manager is. So in answer to the thread title, no not many saying Shaun out. Nor were there before the match just played. Most have the savvy to know that

Hibiza
14-02-2022, 05:55 PM
Thought it was obvious.

What makes Maloney's cup run (two part time clubs) any less 'lucky' than Ross's cup runs which always took us to semis or finals?

Shaun only 5 mins in the job , massive overhaul within the playing staff , were only two games into the Cup . I'll send you a jack Ross t shirt or pillow set .😂 Just kidding.

Caversham Green
14-02-2022, 06:19 PM
Shaun only 5 mins in the job , massive overhaul within the playing staff , were only two games into the Cup . I'll send you a jack Ross t shirt or pillow set .😂 Just kidding.

So we're agreed that Maloney's cup run so far has been at least as lucky as as all of Jack Ross's were? As regards the playing staff, maybe if Ross had the new players that Maloney has at his disposal his more recent results would have been better - wasn't he complaining about recruitment after the last transfer window?

With regard to your last comment, I already have a Jack Ross poster - the t shirt would have to be XXL. I assume you already have a Jack Ross dartboard.

My problem here is that I'm coming across as pro Ross and anti Maloney when I'm neither really. I think sacking Ross before the League Cup final was both harsh and foolish, but league results were such that his departure looked inevitable unless he'd won the cup. As I said earlier, the jury's still out with Maloney since his results so far have been no better than Ross's.

jacomo
14-02-2022, 06:46 PM
What part of the fact that we have had an unparalleled number of Hampden appearances in the past 2.5 years don't you get? Better save yourself the embarrassment chat though and get over yourself.

FWIW, my take is that the most vehement Maloney doubters were largely folk that were the biggest supporters of Jack Ross (I may be wrong, but that's my sense of it).

If the results have been poor, there will always be moaning, questioning and much general consternation about the club, regardless of who the manager is. So in answer to the thread title, no not many saying Shaun out. Nor were there before the match just played. Most have the savvy to know that

To a point, but in the main I think the folk shouting abuse over the past month have been the same ones shouting abuse 3 months ago and long before that.

Some of the morons on social media are just attention seekers who like being abusive.

Keith_M
15-02-2022, 11:18 AM
I'm hoping that the win gives the players a bit of confidence and then maybe our form in the league will improve.

I'm sure we'd all be delighted to get behind the manager if we can get some points on the board.

Jones28
15-02-2022, 11:19 AM

No. The knives would have been if we’d lost.

We didn’t.

Jones28
15-02-2022, 11:22 AM
To a point, but in the main I think the folk shouting abuse over the past month have been the same ones shouting abuse 3 months ago and long before that.

Some of the morons on social media are just attention seekers who like being abusive.

I would certainly put myself in the camp of being a Jack Ross supporter, I was certain he should have had the January window and probably the rest of the season to address the issues. I will support SM though, I can’t believe people were calling for his head after the last few games. Absolutely laughable and just proves that moaners will moan regardless of who’s in the dugout.

Stubbsy90+2
15-02-2022, 12:39 PM
No. The knives would have been if we’d lost.

We didn’t.

There was a poll where 15% of people said they wanted him sacked. There was some who were very open about the fact they would prefer he was gone. The knives were definitely out before Sundays game.

Stubbsy90+2
15-02-2022, 12:46 PM
Seen an interesting analysis on Twitter which said that we out pass our opponents. In Maloneys 8 league games in charge we’ve played over 700 more passes than our opponents. Keeping in mind we’ve played both the OF away in those 8 games where they probably both outpassed us that’s a significant amount.

The really interesting part though was that despite playing that many more passes, yet we’ve completed 81 fewer passes than our opponents in the opposition half over those 8 games. For every 1.54 passes Hibs play in our own half, we have 1 in our opponents half. For comparison our opponents take 0.8 passes in their own half to play 1 pass in our half on average. Almost half.

Again, we’ve played both the OF away in those 8 games so I wouldn’t be surprised if you removed they two games if we were sitting at an even higher passes per game than our other 6 opponents and I wouldn’t be surprised if we have no longer played fewer passes in the opposition half than our opponents. Regardless of that though, it would certainly suggest there’s merit to the argument alot of people put forward that we just knock it around at the back and also that our centre mids too often go back the way.

Certainly something for us to improve on as the first statistic is pretty impressive with regards to the amount of passes. The second one, especially considering the first one, not so impressive.

Since452
15-02-2022, 01:43 PM
There was a poll where 15% of people said they wanted him sacked. There was some who were very open about the fact they would prefer he was gone. The knives were definitely out before Sundays game.

I was one of them. I found his line ups, tacticts and substitutions very alarming however i'm happy to say i was impressed by how we went about our buisness at the weekend there, especially going behind early. I was/am very concerned about Maloney but i'm delighted to praise him when i think he deserves it and i was one of the first to do so on Sunday. Has my opinion changed? Slightly, but we need to start picking up wins in the league. Another home defeat this weekend just isn't acceptable. I hope i am praising him again on Saturday.

Jones28
15-02-2022, 01:46 PM

Some. 15% definitely isn't "knives out" surely?

Thats about the usual % for people who hold bizarre viewpoints.

Stubbsy90+2
15-02-2022, 02:55 PM
Some. 15% definitely isn't "knives out" surely?

Thats about the usual % for people who hold bizarre viewpoints.

The very noisy 15% definitely had there’s out was more what I meant.

Jones28
15-02-2022, 04:32 PM

I get you, tbh I’m so used to there being a minority of people whinging about something or other I think I just see mandarin whenever certain posters appear 😂

blackpoolhibs
16-02-2022, 10:31 AM

We have quite a few real numpties in our support, who cant wait for anything or give a manager a fair crack at giving the team something he's given them before, during their first slump.

Christ we even had folk wanting Lennon out when we were 2nd in the Premiership and still in europe.

That was the season Hearts won the league in September.

FilipinoHibs
17-02-2022, 06:30 AM

At least 15% of people on here are raging bams.

Dashing Bob S
17-02-2022, 07:08 AM
Unusual how a win and decent performance can produce a positive reaction and a defeat and poor performance induce negative ones in a football team’s supporters.

Truly a crazy world and I’ll never understand it.

hibsbollah
17-02-2022, 07:12 AM
Unusual how a win and decent performance can produce a positive reaction and a defeat and poor performance induce negative ones in a football team’s supporters.

Sarcasm fits you about as well as a poorly tailored suit, Bob :faf:

Danderhall Hibs
17-02-2022, 08:14 AM

To be fair there are folk that are negative no matter the performance and or result.

heretoday
17-02-2022, 12:28 PM
A lot of folk are so into football manager gaming and fantasy football that they get antsy if reality doesn't prove so easy to fix when problems arise.

MWHIBBIES
17-02-2022, 02:45 PM
A lot of folk are so into football manager gaming and fantasy football that they get antsy if reality doesn't prove so easy to fix when problems arise.

Don't think there is a football fan alive that wouldn't learn something playing football manager. Its a fantastic game.

It also has nothing whatsoever to do with why folk are unhappy with Hibs recent league results.

The 90+2
17-02-2022, 02:48 PM
Don't think there is a football fan alive that wouldn't learn something playing football manager. Its a fantastic game.

It also has nothing whatsoever to do with why folk are unhappy with Hibs recent league results.

Have to agree, I love the game and done quite well wi Hibernian in it. Got interviewed for the huns job and one of my requests upon taking the job was to flatten Ibrox (they didn't offer it weirdly) I've never played the game thinking I could do this **** in real life and would be better than the current manager :greengrin

Stevie Reid
17-02-2022, 03:02 PM
Seen an interesting analysis on Twitter which said that we out pass our opponents. In Maloneys 8 league games in charge we’ve played over 700 more passes than our opponents. Keeping in mind we’ve played both the OF away in those 8 games where they probably both outpassed us that’s a significant amount.

The really interesting part though was that despite playing that many more passes, yet we’ve completed 81 fewer passes than our opponents in the opposition half over those 8 games. For every 1.54 passes Hibs play in our own half, we have 1 in our opponents half. For comparison our opponents take 0.8 passes in their own half to play 1 pass in our half on average. Almost half.

Again, we’ve played both the OF away in those 8 games so I wouldn’t be surprised if you removed they two games if we were sitting at an even higher passes per game than our other 6 opponents and I wouldn’t be surprised if we have no longer played fewer passes in the opposition half than our opponents. Regardless of that though, it would certainly suggest there’s merit to the argument alot of people put forward that we just knock it around at the back and also that our centre mids too often go back the way.

Certainly something for us to improve on as the first statistic is pretty impressive with regards to the amount of passes. The second one, especially considering the first one, not so impressive.

This is definitely going to be a challenge with the stated style of football that we are seeking to integrate now, and going forward. About half the teams in the SPL will be more than happy for us to have the ball in certain areas, and for the vast majority of the game - and hundreds of passes won't make a difference if they're played mainly in our half, and not moving the opposition around the park, and pulling them out of shape.

We definitely struggled to break teams down who sat in under JR (though there's been many other managers who had the same problem, Stubbs and Lennon in the Championship both had a lot of drawn games at home, for example) - hence last year our home record wasn't especially great for a 3rd place finish, but the away record was amazing; we were so well set up to hit teams on the counter attack.

It will be interesting to see how we proceed with it. I have real concerns that it will be difficult for the reason outlined in my first paragraph, but fingers crossed we'll see it come to fruition.