PDA

View Full Version : Mains Impressive Points Today

California-Hibs
13-02-2022, 02:10 PM
Very happy with that performance today. Hopefully its the shot of confidence alot of individuals needed, aswel as the the club on a whole. Make no bones about it, there would have been thousands of supporters all over Scotland watching that game with hopes of a shock on the cards. Arbroath have only lost 3 games in 24 matches, irrespective of the Championship and us clearly having better players, that run of consistency and winning feeling bringing huge confidence, is tricky to go up against when youre way bellow confidence like we are right now. So, to not only disappoint the viewers, but to also put in a performance aswel is very PLEASING indeed.

So, points of today that personally impressed me...

● Jasper & Mitchell - I'll roll these both into one because I have similar things to say about both. Both these guys are very exciting players and just the kind that fans thrive to see. They have incredible pace to burn and especially having them both on the pitch at the same time was frightening the Arbroath players. Mitchell, 2 goals in his first 4 games? His positional sense and timing to get into the box is impressive. Jasper, so so direct, a bag of tricks but with a difference...the boy can deliver a hell of a cross!

● Henderson - Most impressive performance since he's arrived. Really found his feet today. You can clearly tell he has the quality, he seems to have a good ability to know how to keep it simple, but at the same time when to drive and press. Another who has a great delivery of cross. (Family genetics no doubt)

● Mueller - I've been impressed with him since he's arrived, but as the games were ticking off I was getting more eager for him to get that all important first club goal. Delighted that came today. I think he has really good quick feet and is always looking to be positive. I really think we'll continue to see good things from him for the remainder of the season, but it'll really be next season when I think we'll see the real Mueller, after a rest and then full Pre Season.

● Cadden - Boy has he came onto a game in recent weeks. He's such a great out ball and always looks to be positive. He's showing real dependency and leader qualities.

● Nesbit - Right, I know the guy has his critics, and rightly so, I at times am.also one of them, but at the same time the guys has also prove his quality in his time at Hibs. Consistency and confidence seem to be his biggest problem this season. Last season there were countless Threads about us waxing lyrical about him he got into double figures in his first season and all was well. See, thats the PROVEN part. I agree his starting position has been on a shakey peg, but I think today he showed his worth. The touch, turn, and finish for his goal isn't anything to dismiss lightly, that was real quality there. He looked lively throughout, was unlucky in the first half with his double chance, especially the 2nd attempted chip. End of the day he's a Hibs player and clearly a confidence player, and as much as yes we should vent our frustrations when they arise, and they certainly have this season, fairs fair and he deserved to be praised today. Well done Kevin.

There can definitely be more positives to share from today, but for me these were the most impressive elements. Really hoping we can kick on now with confidence and a home win against Ross County

1875Sean
13-02-2022, 02:12 PM
Very happy with that performance today. Hopefully its the shot of confidence alot of individuals needed, aswel as the the club on a whole. Make no bones about it, there would have been thousands of supporters all over Scotland watching that game with hopes of a shock on the cards. Arbroath have only lost 3 games in 24 matches, irrespective of the Championship and us clearly having better players, that run of consistency and winning feeling bringing huge confidence, is tricky to go up against when youre way bellow confidence like we are right now. So, to not only disappoint the viewers, but to also put in a performance aswel is very PLEASING indeed.

So, points of today that personally impressed me...

● Jasper & Mitchell - I'll roll these both into one because I have similar things to say about both. Both these guys are very exciting players and just the kind that fans thrive to see. They have incredible pace to burn and especially having them both on the pitch at the same time was frightening the Arbroath players. Mitchell, 2 goals in his first 4 games? His positional sense and timing to get into the box is impressive. Jasper, so so direct, a bag of tricks but with a difference...the boy can deliver a hell of a cross!

● Henderson - Most impressive performance he's arrived. Really found his feet today. You can clearly tell he has the quality, he seems to have a good ability to know how to keep it simple, but at the same time when to drive and press. Another who has a great delivery of cross. (Family genetics no doubt)

● Mueller - I've been impressed with him since he's arrived, but as the games were ticking off I was getting more eager for him to get that all important first club goal. Delighted that came today. I think he has really good quick feet and is always looking to be positive. I really think we'll continue to see good things from him for the remainder of the season, but it'll really be next season when in think we'll see the real Mueller, after a rest and then full Pre Season.

● Cadden - Boy has he came onto a game in recent weeks. He's such a great out ball and always looks to be positive. He's showing real dependency and leader qualities.

● Nesbit - Right, I know the guy has his critics, and rightly so, I at times am.also one of them, but at the same time the guys has also prove his quality in his time at Hibs. Consistency and confidence seem to be his biggest problem this season. Last season there were countless Threads about us waxing lyrical about him he got into double figures in his first season and all was well. See, thats the PROVEN part. I agree his starting position has been on a shakey peg, but I think today he showed his worth. The touch, turn, and finish for his goal isn't anything to dismiss lightly, that was real quality there. He looked lively throughout, was unlucky in the first half with his double chance, especially the 2nd attempted chip. End of the day he's a Hibs player and clearly a confidence player, and as much as yes we should vent our frustrations when they arise, and they certainly have this season, fairs fair and he deserved to be praised today. Well done Kevin.

There can definitely be more positives to share from today, but for me these were the most impressive elements. Really hoping we can kick on now with confidence and a home win against Ross County

Can’t believe Stevenson made your list

Unseen work
13-02-2022, 02:18 PM
Mitchell - Can’t complain about his goal sense and like you say positionally he seems good. Wish he was a bit stronger when going past players as sometimes he’s pushed off a bit easy but I’m happy with his signing. Should have had an assist late on the game.

Jasper - Huge fan of his, can go last a man easily and turns on the ball very well which completely transforms us. Got a good eye for a pass and was very unlucky for his pass to Henderson in the first hal.

Henderson - Lovely technically player and puts in lots of good crosses.

Cadden - If he had a final ball he would be outstanding. He’s so good at dominating his side in both senses and if only he could add to his quality in the final third. Should have had a goal and assist today

Nisbet - That’s what he’s capable of and should do more often, brilliant finish

Stevenson - Brilliant.

Mueller - Congratulations on his first goal for the club, also had an immediate impact when he came on in playing through Nisbet for the offside goal

California-Hibs
13-02-2022, 02:19 PM
Can’t believe Stevenson made your list

Probably should have stuck him in there too to be fair.

● Stevenson - An unfamiliar role from years gone by but seemed to embrace it and led from example trying to be positive and playing balls through the defense. Kept things moving and saw us win the all important midfield battle. Put in a wonderful cross for our 1st!

Hibbyradge
13-02-2022, 02:40 PM
Macey was outstanding. Several excellent saves and kept us in the game.

Greenbeard
13-02-2022, 02:46 PM
I have been one of the many critics of JDH for his negative ineffective play but I saw a big difference today with him mostly turning to face forward immediately on receiving the ball in space, rather than his "go to" pass back or sideways. In fact one time in the second half when he resorted to that he got absolute pelters from Porto. Granted he'll not get as much space or time on the ball against Premiership opposition but credit where credit is due for someone who has been getting it in the neck from all angles.

brianmc
13-02-2022, 04:46 PM
NISbet 🤬🤬🤬

Lendo
13-02-2022, 04:49 PM
NISbet ������

Seen plenty of Seans and the Euans today too.