PDA

View Full Version : Well Done

Stubbsy90+2
13-02-2022, 01:25 PM
Well done to the players and Maloney today.

A very, very good performance against a team who are only 6 places below us in the pyramid in dreadful conditions and under so much pressure from everyone in the media and even a lot of our own fans.

On another day we could have won that by 5 or 6. Roll on Ross County.

Since452
13-02-2022, 01:27 PM
Yup. Well done Maloney. Hope I continue to eat my words.

Sir David Gray
13-02-2022, 01:28 PM
Yep credit where it's due, great win today particularly after a dreadful start.

We could easily have scored 5 or 6 today.

MWHIBBIES
13-02-2022, 01:31 PM
Strolled it. If they get promoted, straight back down.

Slateford Hibee
13-02-2022, 01:32 PM
Good performance and result at a tough ground. Hopefully Nisbet goes on a scoring run again, great goal today. Good goal from Mueller as well.

Stubbsy90+2
13-02-2022, 01:32 PM
Strolled it. If they get promoted, straight back down.
I really hope they come up.

I don’t think a part time team could come anywhere close to competing over a full season in the top tier though.

Lancs Harp
13-02-2022, 01:34 PM
Good solid performance from a team that has been under pressure. Lewi had agreat game. I thought considering the season they are having that Arbroath were a bit disappointing I thought they would be far more in our faces, but barring a few minutes at the start of each half we were well in control.

Well done lads hopefully we can build from this.

FilipinoHibs
13-02-2022, 01:37 PM
GGTTH. High tempo and slick passing. Made the Smokies look very ordinary.

The Harp
13-02-2022, 01:38 PM
Thoroughly enjoyed the game. A lot of good football played in terrible conditions.
Good backing from the travelling fans too. Well done Hibs.

nickwhibs
Yep, great reaction after going a goal down - we didn’t panic. Mon the Hibees

MWHIBBIES
I really hope they come up.

I don’t think a part time team could come anywhere close to competing over a full season in the top tier though.

Me too, 9 easy points

Stevie Reid
13-02-2022, 01:40 PM
Good performance and good bit of resilience shown.

Coco Bryce
13-02-2022, 01:41 PM
Hopefully this will help us kick on and string a few wins in the league.

lord bunberry
13-02-2022, 01:52 PM
Really good performance after losing the early goal. Hopefully we can kick on from here and put a bit of a run together in the league.

Borderhibbie76
13-02-2022, 01:55 PM
Good performance and good tempo more importantly we looked a threat all afternoon which was great to see...hopefully the start of better performances from Maloneys Hibs ...signs it's starting to come together after a tough few weeks

Baldy Foghorn
13-02-2022, 04:33 PM
Delighted, professional performance

LunasBoots
13-02-2022, 04:34 PM
Level of fitness was streaks ahead of Arbroath, hopefully can now push on with some confidence after a decent performance.

jacomo
13-02-2022, 04:38 PM
Good performance and result at a tough ground. Hopefully Nisbet goes on a scoring run again, great goal today. Good goal from Mueller as well.

Tougher than ER when we go a goal down?

:greengrin

Scottie
13-02-2022, 05:10 PM
Well done Matt Macey for keeping us in the game just after half time. Some great saves today. :aok:

Onion
13-02-2022, 05:38 PM
For decades, today was typical of the kind of cup game Hibs would lose. And how the BBC would lap it up.

But full marks to the team and SM for a very professional performance and good result against the trickiest of opponents. The record Hibs have of progressing in cups in the last decade is unreal.

Unseen work
13-02-2022, 05:55 PM
You can really see what we’re trying to do today imo.

Pass it around the back and midfield to break the press, the two 10’s drop into holes and receive the ball on the half turn whilst the wingbacks bomb forward high up the pitch.

A really good performance which shouldn’t be overlooked because it’s Arbroath or that they went 1-0 up. They’re a very decent team and are top of the championship and we’re undefeated at home for a reason.

Really exciting seeing Jasper, Henderson and Mueller contributing to the team and think they’re only going to get better.

Maloney also needs huge credit for sticking to what he believes in and it paid off massively. Too many previous managers would try and fail to outfight Arbroath and play them at their own game. Quality showed today

theonlywayisup
13-02-2022, 05:57 PM
You can see the green shoots of recovery from today. Thought Stevenson was very solid in midfield and would like to see him playing alongside Newell. Impressed with Jasper, although not 100% sure about Mitchell yet, despite his goal. Henderson really impressed me today - his best match. Thought Rocky struggled a bit at times and felt we were a bit exposed down our right hand side. Nisbet frustrates many, but took his goal exceptionally well which is why he's so well thought of by many. Mueller impressed when he came on. Now need similar or better against Ross County.

With Maloney, I think the road to success will be rocky (no pun intended) but I've every confidence (for now) that it'll come good.

bigwheel
13-02-2022, 05:59 PM
The structure of the team starting to look more solid . The tenacity and fight being there too , gave me a much more hopeful set of thoughts after the match . Really pleased for the players and the management team - deserved it

h1bs4life
13-02-2022, 05:59 PM
Good performance today and for all the moaning about a crap January transfer window 4 new signings started today with another coming off the bench . New signings so far have looked like good additions

McGruber
13-02-2022, 06:07 PM
Good performance today and for all the moaning about a crap January transfer window 4 new signings started today with another coming off the bench . New signings so far have looked like good additions

New signings are all looking like they have something about them. Add in Harry Clarke and Melkerson have still to get started and Newell, Magennis and Hanlon 3 that would play in the first 11. Doidge and Mueller not fully fit too - really think Mueller is going to be brilliant for us, very clever player

davhibby
13-02-2022, 06:12 PM
For decades, today was typical of the kind of cup game Hibs would lose. And how the BBC would lap it up.

But full marks to the team and SM for a very professional performance and good result against the trickiest of opponents. The record Hibs have of progressing in cups in the last decade is unreal.

That’s 8 of the last 10 Scottish Cups we’ve made the quarters. 4 finals and 2 semi defeats.

theonlywayisup
13-02-2022, 06:13 PM
That’s 8 of the last 10 Scottish Cups we’ve made the quarters. 4 finals and 2 semi defeats.

Did they not mention that we've reached 16 quarter finals in the last two decades?

Stubbsy90+2
13-02-2022, 06:55 PM

The new signings all look very decent. It’s been a while since we’ve been able to say that. The last few years have seen very little success with incoming players.

That being said, the issue with the window doesn’t lie with the guys we’ve signed. It’s with the ones we didn’t.

Unseen work
13-02-2022, 07:13 PM
The new signings all look very decent. It’s been a while since we’ve been able to say that. The last few years have seen very little success with incoming players.

That being said, the issue with the window doesn’t lie with the guys we’ve signed. It’s with the ones we didn’t.

Agreed about all the signings.

Rocky, Henderson, Jasper, Mitchell and Mueller all look good signings and a lot more technical and better on the ball than the players we were signing under Ross.

Can’t wait to see Clarke when he’s fit as I’m a huge fan of his and his style of play.

Melkersen really excites me as does Hague who I think will actually surprise some, alot less hype around him but has actually played some games for Bodi and is still really young.

loanheadhibby
13-02-2022, 07:54 PM

Rocky, Henderson, Jasper, Mitchell and Mueller all look good signings and a lot more technical and better on the ball than the players we were signing under Ross.

Can’t wait to see Clarke when he’s fit as I’m a huge fan of

Melkersen really excites me as does Hague who I think will actually surprise some, alot less hype around him but has actually played some games for Bodi and is still really young.
Very positive post but not convinced 're Rocky.
He was awful today and poor v Hearts.
Hopefully the rest will turn out ok.

Shrekko
13-02-2022, 10:27 PM
Cracking cup tie and although we had a few hairy moments at the back we played some great stuff, which is a real lift after those home games last week.

Much more optimism now and I’m starting to like the look of some of our new guys.

RIP
13-02-2022, 11:20 PM

Can’t wait to see Clarke when he’s fit as I’m a huge fan of his and his style of play.

Agree with all of that. Still not optimistic over Clarke. Crocked immediately after news came out about the Rangers offer, still in London, break clause in May. Hope my suspicions are wrong

LunasBoots
13-02-2022, 11:22 PM
Agree with all of that. Still not optimistic over Clarke. Crocked immediately after news came out about the Rangers offer, still in London, break clause in May. Hope my suspicions are wrong

Same don't think we will see him play at Hibs.

cabbageandribs1875
14-02-2022, 12:02 AM
Did they not mention that we've reached 16 quarter finals in the last two decades?

17 i think they said

Stubbsy90+2
14-02-2022, 07:12 AM
Same don't think we will see him play at Hibs.

I completely forgot we have him until the end of next season. Been thinking all along it’s just until the end of this one.

JimBHibees
14-02-2022, 10:34 AM

Maloney seemed to be indicating he should be available after international break so start of April. A shame he got injured as he was flying for County and we could have done with his athleticism.

worcesterhibby
14-02-2022, 11:36 AM
Maloney seemed to be indicating he should be available after international break so start of April. A shame he got injured as he was flying for County and we could have done with his athleticism.

Well if nothing else it makes pour game against County easier, because he's not playing for them !

CapitalGreen
14-02-2022, 11:48 AM

What nonsense, are you suggesting him having a serious injury is related to not getting a move to Rangers? That’s some extreme paranoia if so. The fact is that Rangers tried to get him prior to January 5th and he was injured with us on January 15th so it wasn’t immediate. He’s back in London because when loan players have serious injuries they are treated by their parent clubs, it’s standard practice.

FilipinoHibs
14-02-2022, 11:56 AM
What nonsense, are you suggesting him having a serious injury is related to not getting a move to Rangers? That’s some extreme paranoia if so. The fact is that Rangers tried to get him prior to January 5th and he was injured with us on January 15th so it wasn’t immediate. He’s back in London because when loan players have serious injuries they are treated by their parent clubs, it’s standard practice.

For development the Gunners would rather he played that on the bench.

MWHIBBIES
14-02-2022, 03:19 PM

Do you think he is faking an injury? How ****ing inept do you think our staff are? Seriously?

Since452
14-02-2022, 04:55 PM

Oh come on lol.

Billy Whizz
14-02-2022, 05:00 PM
Oh come on lol.

Think Rangers have now signed a replacement for Patterson now anyway, probably no interest in Clarke anymore

CapitalGreen
14-02-2022, 07:32 PM
https://www.instagram.com/p/CZ-J0GCttsk/?utm_medium=copy_link

Hiber-nation
14-02-2022, 07:36 PM

Well I've read some pish on here over the years and that's right up there. Behave.

Stubbsy90+2
14-02-2022, 08:02 PM
https://www.instagram.com/p/CZ-J0GCttsk/?utm_medium=copy_link

Think they’re from before his injury unfortunately.

CapitalGreen
14-02-2022, 08:49 PM
Think they’re from before his injury unfortunately.

I was more highlighting his comment “back soon” in light of the suggestion by another poster that he’s doesn’t want to come back.

Stubbsy90+2
14-02-2022, 08:57 PM
I was more highlighting his comment “back soon” in light of the suggestion by another poster that he’s doesn’t want to come back.

Ah ok :aok:

Stubbsy90+2
19-02-2022, 08:00 PM
11 games, 5 wins, 2 draws, 4 defeats.

Not amazing by any means but not really a record to be sniffed at.