PDA

View Full Version : Sean Mackie

The 90+2
12-02-2022, 08:15 PM
Away to Raith on loan until the end of the season and then leaves the club.

Apologies if already posted.

Good luck to him, I think he's got the tools to forge a successful career going forward a level below.

Stubbsy90+2
12-02-2022, 08:19 PM
Away to Raith on loan until the end of the season and then leaves the club.

Apologies if already posted.

Good luck to him, I think he's got the tools to forge a successful career going forward a level below.

Good luck to him. Clearly not a bad player but probably not good enough for us especially with his injury problems. If he can stay fit then he may make it at that level but if he can’t it’ll be part time for him I reckon.

IberianHibernian
12-02-2022, 08:51 PM
Did we not sign him from Raith ?
Impressed me in games I saw him in in last few years for us before his injuries .
Was loan deal to Raith agreed before end of window or can clubs still sign players on loan ?

Big_Franck
12-02-2022, 08:58 PM
Good luck to the lad. I hope he and Jamie Gullan do well and that Raith get promoted. Not the worst away trip in the world.

BILLYHIBS
12-02-2022, 09:03 PM
Liked him

Wand of a left peg

Solid physique

Nae luck with injuries

Wish him all the best going forward

HoboHarry
12-02-2022, 09:16 PM
Impressed me in games I saw him in in last few years for us before his injuries .
Was loan deal to Raith agreed before end of window or can clubs still sign players on loan ?
Believe lower clubs can - we can't in the top tier.....

jacomo
12-02-2022, 09:24 PM
Good luck to him. Injuries prevented hmm really getting any run of games really to show what he could do for us.

Sean1875
12-02-2022, 09:24 PM
Long overdue tbh. Good luck to him though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stubbsy90+2
12-02-2022, 09:32 PM

We did. Not sure if he made any first team appearances or not but he was definitely around about their first team.

gazzag70
12-02-2022, 10:03 PM
Good luck to him.I think he has been a bit unlucky with injuries. He is a really talented player on his day.

J-C
12-02-2022, 10:28 PM
Pretty decent prospect but hampered with injuries this past 2 seasons, has a very sweet left peg on him, good luck to the lad.

Forza Fred
13-02-2022, 05:18 AM

We did.

signed him when he was a promising youngster at Raith along the lines of our Development squad signings just now.

he was seen as a 'star of the future'' and think the News reported at the time that we paid close to 30k for him.

Unseen work
13-02-2022, 06:23 AM
Disappointed for him.

Was really impressed with him when he first broke into the scene, was big, strong, fast and had a good left foot.

Injuries then limited him and then he was hung out to dry a bit by Heckingbottom imo.

He then came back into the team last season when Doig lost form and looked really good before again getting injured and been out since.

Good luck Sean, good player and hope the injury struggles are behind you.

Highwayman
13-02-2022, 08:44 AM
Good luck for the future Sean.

You need some good luck because you certainly didn’t get much in your time at Hibs.

Be interesting if he can stay injury free to see how his career progress.

Always rated him as he always put in a good shift at LB or LWB.

Unfortunately another player whose potential was never fully realised at ER.

hibeg
13-02-2022, 08:51 AM
Good luck in the future Sean.
I liked him but injury ruined his chances.

blackpoolhibs
13-02-2022, 10:01 AM
He's a player who always looked decent when given a chance, but never got a run of games through injuries.

Good luck, i hope he can stay fit as there is a player there.

CmoantheHibs
13-02-2022, 10:11 AM
Injuries killed his chances at Hibs. Looked good when playing but invariably got injured after playing a few games. Hope he can stay injury free as he deserves a bit of fortune in his career.

hibbyfraelibby
13-02-2022, 05:43 PM
Appears his first touch for Raith today was a yellow!

wookie70
13-02-2022, 05:54 PM
Appears his first touch for Raith today was a yellow!Not sure he got a touch and it was a very soft yellow. May well get a retrospective booking to make a debut to forget

hibbysam
13-02-2022, 06:04 PM
At least today confirmed the ‘would that have been given at the other end’ argument we say about the OF. Stonewaller denied for Raith at 1-0 and then a soft penalty against them later on.